Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

I adore Mackenzie and I'm so glad she made the team, Angela too.  Both great cheerleaders and still super involved with their friends from the organization.  But I felt like Racecar Taylor was actually a stronger kicker and just as powerful, yet she was cut.  Booooo.  And she had a "different" look.  I don't know why I'm still annoyed by this several years later, when all other parties have of course moved on.  And bah, you let Morgan on the squad?  Bah humbug.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone remember what the reason for her cut was?

Low kicks. 

Anyone have a list of those DCC who made it their first time? I remember Jenna mentioned it to Jessica, I think, about both of them making the team on the first try. I wonder if that's actually a status thing among the girls.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Low kicks. 

Anyone have a list of those DCC who made it their first time? I remember Jenna mentioned it to Jessica, I think, about both of them making the team on the first try. I wonder if that's actually a status thing among the girls.

Nicole H made it on her second try, and she's the one held up as an example by K&J, so I don't think it matters how many times it takes, but what you are like once you make it and maybe what your legacy is when you leave.  And it does seem most of them make it on the first try.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, cgloss said:

They really liked Mackenzie. She would have made it regardless. Though, after watching that season again, she should have been cut. By the last episode, her kicks still looked lower than everyone else's. 

I also noticed that Angela couldn't even do a split in tryouts. She shouldn't have made it to TC either.

In Season 4, Jackie Bob and Meagan McVay were called out for low kicks and ‘almost’ (I don’t think they ever planned to cut either) didn’t make the team. Mia was also called out (S4) for low kicks and she was point in Season 8! In Season 2, Loni Lindsey had low kicks and couldn’t do the splits at tryouts. But, they loved her look, and by the end of training camp, her kicks had gotten better and she was able to do the jump splits. 
Overall, if they see you are a strong dancer, look great in the uniform, and they like you, you will still make the team! I think they are willing to work with these ladies to get their kicks up. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Well that had to be a kick in the teeth to Angela to know she wasn't the first Aussie on the squad...(Sorry I was never a fan of Angela). 

I was not a fan of Angela. Hold on while I put on my flame retardant equipment ~ I was never a fan of Jinelle either. 

Edited by bjo1969
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

I was not a fan of Angela. Hold on while I put on my flame retardant equipment ~ I was never a fan of Jinelle either. 

To each his/her own 🙂 That's what keeps this board so interesting !! 

18 hours ago, cgloss said:

Low kicks. 

Which Jessica?  Jessica Marie (former Pacemates dancer) or Jessica Allison (former Jets cheerleader)? Both made it on their 1st try.

Edited by MrsEVH
6 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

LOL I don't like Angela either.  I never liked Jinelle in the past, but she seriously grew on me.

• Love 5

Im dying with this comment, it was posted on the last video of the youtube account "CMT's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders"

Its kinda harsh and rude, but in my opinion its absolutely true... Kashara would be nobody with Amy T and Mehgan C side by side, and i'd include Melissa W and Erica.

I know this is old sh...t but im still hurtful that they took away point from Jenna 😞

Captura de Pantalla 2020-02-29 a la(s) 11.37.06.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, DCC-fan94 said:

Im dying with this comment, it was posted on the last video of the youtube account "CMT's Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders"

Its kinda harsh and rude, but in my opinion its absolutely true... Kashara would be nobody with Amy T and Mehgan C side by side, and i'd include Melissa W and Erica.

I know this is old sh...t but im still hurtful that they took away point from Jenna 😞

Maybe Jenna should have followed the rules.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, DCC-fan94 said:

LOL I don't think it's harsh at all and it's definitely true.  I wish she would have been cut when she wore the wrong outfit to practice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I guess Jenna felt little too comfortable being a 6 year veteran... sad

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL I don't think it's harsh at all and it's definitely true.  I wish she would have been cut when she wore the wrong outfit to practice.

Lol yes! haha that definitely should've happen, kash is overrated 😛

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DCC-fan94 said:

I wouldn't say that Kashara would be nobody with the aforementioned girls, she likely would have held her own, but she wouldn't likely have moved into the diamond.  She would, however, have probably been in the first three rows or the outside of the fourth row.  Jenna deserved to have point taken away from her however.  She didn't follow the rules, could have brought legal trouble onto the Cowboys organization with her and Holly's antics, and pouted when she got called out/in trouble for it.  She also seemed to feel that she didn't deserve to be punished and got herself into more trouble when she asked the wrong person when she was going to get point back.  If she'd kept her mouth shut, she likely would have gotten point back at the end of the punishment.

5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I agree as shown above.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't think that wearing the wrong outfit to practice should have been a cause for being cut.  She certainly should have been called out (and was) and kept an eye out as a possible risk for the team and cut if she kept being a concern for the organization.  If making ONE mistake, and a relatively minor one at that, was enough to be cut, then SO many girls should have been cut before her and after her.

1 hour ago, DCC-fan94 said:

I guess Jenna felt little too comfortable being a 6 year veteran... sad

Lol yes! haha that definitely should've happen, kash is overrated 😛

I felt Jenna definitely got cocky and needed to be slapped down.  The problem was that she didn't learn her lesson even after she was pulled from the trip to Canton and that she had temporarily lost point.  She seemed like an immature brat when she asked the wrong person when she was going to get point back.  If she had just waited until AFTER the Canton trip and had proven her maturity to Kelli and Judy, she would have gotten point back.  Instead, she got it removed permanently and should have had additional punishment. 

As for Kashara, she isn't one of my favorites, but she certainly wasn't one of the worst in my opinion and she proved herself as Jenna self-destructed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I felt Jenna definitely got cocky and needed to be slapped down.  The problem was that she didn't learn her lesson even after she was pulled from the trip to Canton and that she had temporarily lost point.  She seemed like an immature brat when she asked the wrong person when she was going to get point back.  If she had just waited until AFTER the Canton trip and had proven her maturity to Kelli and Judy, she would have gotten point back.  Instead, she got it removed permanently and should have had additional punishment. 

As for Kashara, she isn't one of my favorites, but she certainly wasn't one of the worst in my opinion and she proved herself as Jenna self-destructed.

Exactly! I can’t believe they didn’t release her right then and there. Her smirky smile when she went in there after they got back from Canton and wanted to "talk" to her...THAT conversation sure didn’t go the way she anticipated it! To go behind Kelli and Judy's back and email Shelly...inexcusable. What was SHE supposed to do? Re-instate her as point? Really... 🙄

• Love 4
On 2/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, KickPretty said:

Uhhhhh who’s this guy?  Why’s he helping with solos in season 1?  Where’s Kitty?  Why have I never seen him before?  @ShellyB Can you tell me, pretty please?  

AB7A0472-DA91-449B-B54E-4D3FA22D9C87.jpeg

His name is Jim Cooper and he owns a studio in the Dallas area. His students used to participate in halftimes with us and occasionally Kelli brought him in for technical critiques. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't think that wearing the wrong outfit to practice should have been a cause for being cut.

Kelli has made plenty of cuts for petty reasons, I was surprised Kashara & Raylee weren't cut for the practice outfits.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was surprised Kashara & Raylee weren't cut for the practice outfits.

And aren't you glad KaShara wasn't? If she had been, she wouldn't have gone on to be point, pro-bowl and one of the legends. 😂. I understand she's not everyone's favorite, but I find her out-of-nowhere and random ascendancy to be rather hilarious. And yeah, not ashamed to admit I'm a KaShara fan haha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 902:  Unpopular opinion...WHY do these girls subject themselves to Kitty Carter?  The more I watch her the more I just can't handle her mouth!!!!!

Someone on here said once that the guest choreographers usually look like the slept in an alley.  I feel the same way about Kitty Carter.  I mean, maybe she's not that bad, but she definitely doesn't have the polished DCC look.  Track pants and ball caps and messy hair.  

Season 9 "fat veterans" episode is on.  I can't believe they told Brittany "we're out of time" but gave the others time to lose weight.  I though she looked slimmer than the rest of them, at least in her practice clothes.  

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Someone on here said once that the guest choreographers usually look like the slept in an alley.  I feel the same way about Kitty Carter.  I mean, maybe she's not that bad, but she definitely doesn't have the polished DCC look.  Track pants and ball caps and messy hair.  

Season 9 "fat veterans" episode is on.  I can't believe they told Brittany "we're out of time" but gave the others time to lose weight.  I though she looked slimmer than the rest of them, at least in her practice clothes.  

I thought the only one they were "out of time" for was Hannah 

The only time I've ever really "agreed" with Kitty was when she overheard  Chelsea in the parking lot then ratted her out to K&J

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, dariafan said:

Vivian is just so full of something.  Herself.  Poo. I don’t know what 

Completely agree!  I use to like her and then when she made it to training camp again, she just turned me off.  Also, has anyone seen her Instagram these days?  Not sure how to describe it!

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, rl27rl said:

Completely agree!  I use to like her and then when she made it to training camp again, she just turned me off.  Also, has anyone seen her Instagram these days?  Not sure how to describe it!

I liked Vivian the first season she made TC (season 8).  I was hoping she'd come back the next year and take them by storm.  Physically, she looked good but she was more obsessed with her reflection in the mirror than she was with what she was doing. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I liked Vivian the first season she made TC (season 8).  I was hoping she'd come back the next year and take them by storm.  Physically, she looked good but she was more obsessed with her reflection in the mirror than she was with what she was doing. 

Exactly!  And I think that is why I was so turned off to her by then.  I was rooting for her the first time and the second time, but she kept looking at herself . . .

• Love 3
(edited)

Flipping through the insta - she seems to be very happy in her current relationship, so that’s a win! 

I think this particular post posted a few weeks ago referenced her second time in camp when she had gotten SOOOO fit. And if I remember correctly, they were fine with how she looked in the uniform at that point, but she was cut because she was an ambassador risk and not a great teammate. She had lost her fun power and showmanship. But clearly she never remembers any dance critique but only the critique she had on her figure the first time she was in camp. 

Tho I admit I flip channels during the poem now because it was so damn awkward. Beautiful girl and clearly an amazing body, but not coach able. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
(edited)

Watching the audition episodes of season 12. Just my observations since I'm bored right now and opinionated …….

Holly's wardrobe malfunction- I understand this was a traumatic experience and all but it rubbed me the wrong way when she ran off stage and her teammates (Simone was one of them) ran over to hug her and console her, she pushed them and walked away but she was all over Kitty Carter and her comforting bosom . I never thought she was a team player type of girl and all about herself , which Kelli prides herself on recognizing yet has failed with both Holly and Chelsea.  When Holly made training camp after,  " tonight we go celebrate Ahhh!" yeah I bet you did lol 

Lacey from the Rams - I love her and she has such a bright face! I really wished they picked her or she would come back . 

Heather H - Man, Charlotte had it out for her and there was no coming back from that. Same with Raylee and Megan Michelle from past seasons. The only one to survive Charlotte's evil eye was Ann Lux from what I can remember. 

Jenna- At first I loved her, she was the cutest little thing her rookie season. Somewhere down the road she got a big head . Seeing her on social media , its apparent it hasn't deflated any. 

Kalyssa- " I can be sweet, sassy and throw in a little bit of sexy … but not too much" ummm yeah right .. Girl is sex on a stick. 

Scott the weatherman- for him not being associated really with the dance world his observations are spot on. He is too cute but I think perhaps might not be interested in dipping into the lady pond. 

Edited by DancingDina13
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Flipping through the insta - she seems to be very happy in her current relationship, so that’s a win! 

I think this particular post posted a few weeks ago referenced her second time in camp when she had gotten SOOOO fit. And if I remember correctly, they were fine with how she looked in the uniform at that point, but she was cut because she was an ambassador risk and not a great teammate. She had lost her fun power and showmanship. But clearly she never remembers any dance critique but only the critique she had on her figure the first time she was in camp. 

Tho I admit I flip channels during the poem now because it was so damn awkward. Beautiful girl and clearly an amazing body, but not coach able. 

The sad thing is, she could have made the team that year if she'd concentrated on learning the routines and not obsessing about what all her "fans" were saying about her. She started believing her own hype and figured she had it in the bag, so why work hard? That was her downfall. I do wonder if she could have maintained the weight during the off season. I don't think so.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can the girls opt out of being chosen for Group Leader/2nd like they can opt out of being chosen for Show Group?

I’m sure they can 

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I thought the only one they were "out of time" for was Hannah 

The only time I've ever really "agreed" with Kitty was when she overheard  Chelsea in the parking lot then ratted her out to K&J

Whoops.  Wrong name.  🙂

Can someone tell me who this point girl is?  FEPACJS6EMD6JDIU7VQCVOK3JI.jpg

15 hours ago, kalibean said:

Ok I see this as another classic excuse for Viv to post a pic of herself with the resin that it’s for her mental health and DCC is the villain. Chica still takes zero responsibility for her own faults. Yeah she looked fine to me but she did not keep up dance wise and was def an ambassador risk with her narcissism. 

You didn’t manipulate to yourself into getting what you want one time so you’re fixated on it. Move on sis. It’s been YEARS. 

8 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Whoops.  Wrong name.  🙂

Can someone tell me who this point girl is?  FEPACJS6EMD6JDIU7VQCVOK3JI.jpg

Holly A. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching the last few episodes of Season 12:  Does anyone think that Kelli picking on Gina about "team dynamics" and getting along with her teammates was her trying to find a reason to cut her?

I think it was the opposite.  During SG deliberations Kitty said Gina walks around like her shit doesn't stink.  I think Kelli really liked her and wanted to nip that behavior in the bud so she could make the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I think it was the opposite.  During SG deliberations Kitty said Gina walks around like her shit doesn't stink.  I think Kelli really liked her and wanted to nip that behavior in the bud so she could make the team.

I wonder if Kitty has changed her opinion on Gina?  I know I sure have...I really did not like her during her rookie season, but she has grown on me over the last two years.  I would almost dare to say, she has become one of my favorites on this current team (Brennan holds the top spot though) .  For certain, she is one of the strongest dancers on the team. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 10

Season 4 on now :  awww baby Mia.  And Jackie Bob did not age     Ill say it again for those in the back: the menshew sisters should not have tried out since they both had pageants to do 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Ill say it again for those in the back: the menshew sisters should not have tried out since they both had pageants to do 

TPTB should have seen right through the both of them and not allowed them into TC.  And allowing Kenley into the audition process a second time and stringing her along until interview just to confront her....grrrr

• Love 5

Just watched Kaitlin LeGrand's cut again...and I still wonder...why did it take them so long to cut her?  They were cutting girls for the least little thing...and they kept her up until almost the very end. 

• Love 1