Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Watching the season 5 swimsuit shoot episode now.  Judy says that the trip "is the only chance the veterans have to bond."  ???  Why would that be their only chance to bond?  

Especially cause the final team was named in August and then calendar used to be February/March of the following year.  If they haven’t bonded by then, it ain’t happening.

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Especially cause the final team was named in August and then calendar used to be February/March of the following year.  If they haven’t bonded by then, it ain’t happening.

It was such a weird statement, I actually think CMT may have cut off the rest of what she said.  

• LOL 2
16 hours ago, raindancer said:

Feeling like you're beautiful for the first time can be pretty intoxicating, and I've known a lot of people who go a little wild with it 

I always thought that this was the case with Vivian, especially that the second time around. I never pegged as being someone who grew up being complimented for her looks and body, so the fact that she  was finally the skinny, beautiful, sexy girl that she always wanted to be with fans to boot just seemed to be completely intoxicating for her. 

• Love 6

Every time I watch season 5 I feel like something is “off” and I can’t seem to put my finger on why. It was an unusually small rookie class (8) and only two lasted more than two seasons (Lauren Williams and Nicole Bulcher). Lots of girls cuts at the very end of TC, weight concerns and a sense that K&J were simply unimpressed with all of the TCC’s, including the ones that made the team. Makes me wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

• Love 4

Watching Ep 708 when that nutritionist crashed Jennifer and Kim and Nicole B's refrigerators.  If it wasn't a "planned" ambush wonder why Kim and Jennifer were both in Cowboys shirts?  Nichole B looked a little more "surprised" and wasn't wearing a cowboys branded shirt.  These visits were supposed to be surprise ambushes and they both really looked "staged". 

I'm not gonna be able to watch the rest of the episode right now but I just saw a preview of show group rehearsing with Big & Rich for an event and I think the rehearsal outfits they're wearing are probably my favorite.  Random thought:  They're performing at the STADIUM and not in their own locker room???

Rant:  WHY do people call the cheerleaders "The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders"??? There's more than one Cowboy!!!!

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Jenna’s fraternization occurred the year before, and she was not still dating players her last year, but she was actively hanging out with Holly (who was still dating and publicly hanging out w players) at 21 and up clubs and not telling K&J about it. At least, that’s what I remember the story being. Jenna wasn’t even her group leader, but she was close friends actively there with her, which is why I think she got hit for it and not Holly’s actual group leader. Who knows what the real story is though. Those scenes were edited to death

That scene had to have been edited to death because it made no sense.  The way the scene played out, it sounded like as a group leader it was Jenna's responsibility to make sure Holly didn't fraternize/go clubing (if you see a friend walking into traffic, wouldn't you pull her back?).  Ummm Jenna is not Holly's parent or guardian, even if she DID tell Holly she shouldn't be engaging in that behavior till she was blue in the face, Holly was under no obligation to obey her.  However, I'm pretty sure, IIRC, that Jenna & Holly went out to over 21 clubs & hung out with players together, so in that vein it made sense that Jenna would have been reprimanded for it.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Every time I watch season 5 I feel like something is “off” and I can’t seem to put my finger on why. It was an unusually small rookie class (8) and only two lasted more than two seasons (Lauren Williams and Nicole Bulcher). Lots of girls cuts at the very end of TC, weight concerns and a sense that K&J were simply unimpressed with all of the TCC’s, including the ones that made the team. Makes me wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

I watched that one last night too.  Seriously a weird season, and the team only had 34 cheerleaders in the end.  Plus, they cut Schram!  And that one super shortie that hadn't been in the office all season. 

I forgot about all of the people who were on weight probation, and still don't understand why Stephanie Heyman made the team.  Tho at that point I guess they didn't want to drop to 32 (assuming they keep even numbers?)

I guess the best things in that season were Sascha Agent, Nicole B and the introduction to Schram.  And for some, the dressing down by Megan Flaherty but that was always super awkward to me, plus it's sad since she's now deceased.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching Ep 708 when that nutritionist crashed Jennifer and Kim and Nicole B's refrigerators.  If it wasn't a "planned" ambush wonder why Kim and Jennifer were both in Cowboys shirts?  Nichole B looked a little more "surprised" and wasn't wearing a cowboys branded shirt.  These visits were supposed to be surprise ambushes and they both really looked "staged". 

I assumed they knew that CMT was coming but didn't know that hack of a nutritionist would be there.  (Like, they thought they were going to get a little segment about themselves like most of the rookies and some of the vets get throughout the season.)  Poor Nicole, I felt so bad for her talking about "eating her feelings" and that she only drinks juice for breakfast and sometimes lunch.  😞

• Love 3

Re: S7ep9

Never liked the swimsuit fashion show at the calendar shoot. Just always seemed trashy (to me - I’m sure there are some viewers who love it)

BUT LOL and SMH at MacKenzie Lee saying that her favorite part was wearing the cowboy boots on the runway because it brought some “Texas to Mexico.” I’m guessing she either was not from Texas or never attended any history class. Ever.  

EDIT: Why does Pluto ALWAYS skip S7ep10???? This is the 3rd time. I know there are bigger problems in the world, but I’m annoyed. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, DCC fan said:

I just meant that, in my opinion, Holly was a MUCH stronger dancer (was it Kitty who said Holly could do show group all by herself?) To me, Jenna looked really young and while her dancing was ok, she didn’t really stand out to me and I thought others could have made a stronger point.

Gotcha, and thank you for responding!  I agree with a lot of @Jess14 's take, so thanks for adding to the discussion!

I had written a dissertation that would have been too long for anyone to read, so here's my TLDR:  I thought Jenna was a better asset for the DCC because she was just as strong in the DCC style as Holly, plus showed enough leadership to be chosen as asst group leader, group leader, was often shown teaching others, both in the studio and one on one.  She's been called out as someone who was friendly at camps, plus she took one hell of a photograph, never an issue for weight, etc.  In a team environment, I think she showed up as stronger all around, despite her poor decisions outside of the DCC.  

I think it's of note that both Jenna and Holly came to the DCC right out of high school, but just have very different personalities.  Jenna comes across as more naive, and I get why she was swept into her romance (no matter how short lived) with Dax.  Holly is an ambitious go getter, and her main focus was on the dancing, but not necessarily being a good teammate.

And that's okay, but I think that's something serious to consider in a team environment.  I wouldn't be surprised if Holly was somewhat toxic in the locker room, and that's even without factoring in the rumors about her texts with her mom, frequently being on weight watch, underage drinking, etc.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Gotcha, and thank you for responding!  I agree with a lot of @Jess14 's take, so thanks for adding to the discussion!

I had written a dissertation that would have been too long for anyone to read, so here's my TLDR:  I thought Jenna was a better asset for the DCC because she was just as strong in the DCC style as Holly, plus showed enough leadership to be chosen as asst group leader, group leader, was often shown teaching others, both in the studio and one on one.  She's been called out as someone who was friendly at camps, plus she took one hell of a photograph, never an issue for weight, etc.  In a team environment, I think she showed up as stronger all around, despite her poor decisions outside of the DCC.  

I think it's of note that both Jenna and Holly came to the DCC right out of high school, but just have very different personalities.  Jenna comes across as more naive, and I get why she was swept into her romance (no matter how short lived) with Dax.  Holly is an ambitious go getter, and her main focus was on the dancing, but not necessarily being a good teammate.

And that's okay, but I think that's something serious to consider in a team environment.  I wouldn't be surprised if Holly was somewhat toxic in the locker room, and that's even without factoring in the rumors about her texts with her mom, frequently being on weight watch, underage drinking, etc.

I liked Jenna dancing better, too. Mostly because she didn't pull the same 3 tricks every time she danced solo. Watching her dance, you could just tell she was having fun. Watching Holly dance was uncomfortable, like she was trying way too hard to be sexy. 

I've been listening to season 7 on Pluto today, and missed the scene where Jordan missed the team bus, again. Did they just edit that out of season 7? Or is it every time it comes around, I just miss it for some reason? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Re: S7ep9

Never liked the swimsuit fashion show at the calendar shoot. Just always seemed trashy (to me - I’m sure there are some viewers who love it)

BUT LOL and SMH at MacKenzie Lee saying that her favorite part was wearing the cowboy boots on the runway because it brought some “Texas to Mexico.” I’m guessing she either was not from Texas or never attended any history class. Ever.  

EDIT: Why does Pluto ALWAYS skip S7ep10???? This is the 3rd time. I know there are bigger problems in the world, but I’m annoyed. 

I know!  I think it’s the one where the girl missed the bus and was late to the stadium (I think it was one of the Jordan’s?)

29 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I want to know what caused her to miss the bus.

Traffic would be my guess!  Las Colinas was a heck of a lot closer to the stadium than The Star is, but they're still pretty far away.  Depending on where she's coming from, a 20 minute drive can easily because 70 minutes or more.  Even on a Sunday.

3 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I cannot stand that episode or the nutritionist. Two reasons: the comment that soda causes cellulite (false) and her saying to one of the girls “you’re too pretty to eat that.” Seriously?

The bad advice and mixed messages are ridiculous. Ranks up there with S4 when the girls had their body fat assessed at the Cooper Clinic and they were walking the halls and meeting with the staff in bikinis. One of the TCCs is told that her body fat is a tiny bit out of range. The actual medical professional says “I’m not worried and you shouldn’t be either.” Which is when Jay chimed in to say, “Yeah, but those teeny uniforms.” Because Jay knows everything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

I cannot stand that episode or the nutritionist. Two reasons: the comment that soda causes cellulite (false) and her saying to one of the girls “you’re too pretty to eat that.” Seriously?

The bad advice and mixed messages are ridiculous. Ranks up there with S4 when the girls had their body fat assessed at the Cooper Clinic and they were walking the halls and meeting with the staff in bikinis. One of the TCCs is told that her body fat is a tiny bit out of range. The actual medical professional says “I’m not worried and you shouldn’t be either.” Which is when Jay chimed in to say, “Yeah, but those teeny uniforms.” Because Jay knows everything. 

This is my issue with Jay. Is he a qualified nutritionist? 

Many personal trainers think they're qualified to give advice on diet when they're not. He's a great trainer but should leave it to someone else when food/medical advice is involved.

Like the episode in the grocery store where they're picking out what they eat. I actually love Taylor in that scene because she's so brutally honest and takes the mick. Also, how many of them can afford salmon for breakfast when most TCCs quit their jobs in order to focus on TC?!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Was that a morning game? If so, I would think she may have just overslept. It happens sometime. I overslept once because I accidentally left my phone in another room, so I didn’t hear the alarm even though it definitely went off. Luckily, it wasn’t anything super important that I was late for, but still, that’s such an awful feeling to wake up and realize that you overslept. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Was that a morning game?

Yes, cause they are getting out of their cars at Valley Ranch and announcing it's 6 AM.  So, late morning or early afternoon game.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I always thought that this was the case with Vivian, especially that the second time around. I never pegged as being someone who grew up being complimented for her looks and body, so the fact that she  was finally the skinny, beautiful, sexy girl that she always wanted to be with fans to boot just seemed to be completely intoxicating for her. 

definitely agree.  I was so disappointed for her that it worked out the way it did.....the only thing stopping her from a place on the team her second year as a TCC was her attitude.  Kelli told her flat out, "don't you dare let this slip through your fingers," and then she did.  I wish she'd have had the maturity and humility to make it work.  It could have been really life-changing for her.  Also, while the poem was uncomfortable in the extreme, it was her entitled attitude I found to be the most cringeworthy.  I lived for MRS' low-key shade in response to Vivian's humblebrag about feeling insecure....."you hide it well." 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, raindancer said:

while the poem was uncomfortable in the extreme, it was her entitled attitude I found to be the most cringeworthy.

ESPECIALLY her reply when she was told she's making mistakes..."I'm not the only one who's making mistakes."  I wouldn't be surprised if it was then & there that the decision was made that she would not be making the squad then or ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, cgloss said:

My absolute favorite "insider info" involved Holly. It was the person who came on here to said Holly was mean to her landlord and how that made her a terrible person and not qualified to be a DCC and how she deserved to be let go just based on that. Good times.

LOL then something about her mom getting involved.  Mom telling Holly she was too good for DCC anyway and Holly’s dad was a lawyer so she could act like that.  Something goofy.  That’s about the time I joined this board and I was all kinds of confused 😂😂😂

Edited by KickPretty
👋🏽
  • LOL 1
On 2/4/2020 at 8:20 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Not sure if this has been shared here before and I'm not going to share the IG link because it's private.  I googled former TCC Kalli Fullerton and found this was her name now:  Kalli Fullerton Doubleday, PhD.

Did NOT know she was married OR had her PhD.  I'm pretty sure it's the same Kalli cause she's followed by Cassie Trammel and Kelsey Bond.  Is this really little Kalli that auditioned for DCC if so, this is NEAT!

She had a baby last March named Hays. She looks good. (From FB)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

She had a baby last March named Hays. She looks good. (From FB)

I always liked Kalli...she seemed like she would have been a good team mate and ambassador for the team had she made it.  Dance wise...she just wasn't quite there. 😞

14 hours ago, ByTor said:

ESPECIALLY her reply when she was told she's making mistakes..."I'm not the only one who's making mistakes."  I wouldn't be surprised if it was then & there that the decision was made that she would not be making the squad then or ever.

Well it would have been my decision at that point to cut her...and tell her to not bother trying out again. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, dariafan said:

Morgan should never have made it.   She just kept crumbling.    
I like the new longer Jake from State Farm commercial 🙂

don’t care for Ashley Paige 

No she shouldn't have...she was a hot mess from day 1....Kaitlyn was another that season that shouldn't have made the squad....she was a dingbat and had a habit of not listening to what she was told.  I'm not surprised that she was gone before the end of the season, nor was I shocked when Morgan was cut the next year. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

No she shouldn't have...she was a hot mess from day 1....Kaitlyn was another that season that shouldn't have made the squad....she was a dingbat and had a habit of not listening to what she was told.  I'm not surprised that she was gone before the end of the season, nor was I shocked when Morgan was cut the next year. 

They increased the squad by 2, yet they had these 2 really easy cuts they should have made (granted I liked Morgan, but she really wasn't good).  Makes no sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Kaitlyn was another that season that shouldn't have made the squad....she was a dingbat and had a habit of not listening to what she was told.  I'm not surprised that she was gone before the end of the season, nor was I shocked when Morgan was cut the next year. 

I’ve always wondered why Kaitlyn was quietly released mid-season.

Reading the old thread for the Holly/Jenna episode.  Wow.  I didn't realize that episode contained Rae Lynn, Demi Lovato, and the stupid spin class.  Demi could not have looked or sounded less interested, lol.

And I don't get why Morgan made the team, either.  Every time I watch those episodes, I'm confused.  She is making mistakes literally up until the team announcement.  So was one of the other ones.  It's like Kelli and Judy just threw up their hands and were like "fine, whatever, you're all on the team."  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Reading the old thread for the Holly/Jenna episode.  Wow.  I didn't realize that episode contained Rae Lynn, Demi Lovato, and the stupid spin class.  Demi could not have looked or sounded less interested, lol.

Oh yeah, I remember thinking that Demi was SO uncomfortable with the whole thing. 

• Love 3
On 2/11/2020 at 2:16 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I have all the seasons on my iPad so I just watched the episode. I could of sworn she was late b/c she overslept. When I read what you wrote, I thought ‘she overslept.’ However, I just watched the episode and she never says why she was late. Kelli was pretty mad and took her out of everything but the pregame. 

• Useful 1
35 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

I always liked this scene.  Judy rolling her eyes after telling the camera Cassie doesn’t like her to watch her dance.  LOL Typical mom and daughter, love it! 🥰

AD2DCB20-0A5E-48D3-BE14-CD64DD157A75.jpeg

If she had seen what Cassie was doing, she still would have rolled her eyes🤷‍♀️

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Watching Ep 406:  Are all of the TCCs/Vets allowed to stay after and wait in the studio with the people called into the office? Noticed that Abigail Klein (sp?) I think - was waiting with the TCCs that were called into the office and I don't ever remember her being a group leader or 2nd.

Episode 407: WHY did Kelli not cut Zoe or whatever her name is right on the spot for not knowing who the freaking HEAD COACH of the football team was?  She waited until the end of the rehearsal.  I think I'd have told her to go wait in the office.  That's just unexceptable!

changed some wording
7 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

It’s the Aaron Loy Band. I went looking because the song got stuck in my head.

A former co-worker was at that particular convention.  I remember asking her if she saw the DCC.  Silly girl was actually more interested in what she learned there instead of the entertainment🤣

• LOL 7
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Leave it to Kelli to compare the HOF to the Oscars of Hollywood🤣

Ahh that quote always drives me nuts because she should have phrased the HOF as “the Oscars of Dallas”....the Oscars of Hollywood are just...the Oscars 🤦🏻‍♀️

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, PhillyFan said:

Ahh that quote always drives me nuts because she should have phrased the HOF as “the Oscars of Dallas”....the Oscars of Hollywood are just...the Oscars 🤦🏻‍♀️

I can just see her trying to cut a piece of the turf like she did the red carpet:)

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now it's boot buddies.  I think Shelly said the vets got to pick which rookie they wanted as their buddy.

If that's true, it makes me love Brennan even more. Her stepping up to take on Victoria when I'm sure she knew a lot of other vets weren't interested in doing so probably wasn't easy, but she did it anyway because girl WORKS. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

If that's true, it makes me love Brennan even more. Her stepping up to take on Victoria when I'm sure she knew a lot of other vets weren't interested in doing so probably wasn't easy, but she did it anyway because girl WORKS. 

It makes me question her sanity 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Episode 706:  Looks like the cheerleaders are in a spare locker room for stadium practice.  Wonder why they're not in the regular cheerleaders locker room (maybe they have to "earn it" like Charlotte said about the players in the stadium tour?)?  I know the locker room was ready because they showed it on the tour.

I know I'm skipping ahead in what's being shown on Pluto right now.  Does anyone remember what Colin Sarvis wound up getting cut for?  Was it her solo (I remember Kelli or somebody saying something about her taking her hair down)?

UGH Chelsea Chaney in current episode "I'm supposed to be here"....I wonder if they shouldn't have cut her right then and there.

That "staged" visit to the coffee house with Jasmine, Danielle, Emily, Collin, Ashley F and I can't remember who else.....ugh

Added something.
  • Love 1