Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

That person might have been me, but I can't remember.  It's been nearly a decade!  She's beautiful, super sweet and very ambitious.  I'm still FB friends with her husband, but haven't spent any time with either of them since grad school.  They seem very happy and have a gorgeous kiddo.

That’s good.  I always thought she was sweet.   Just over her head dance wise 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

That person might have been me, but I can't remember.  It's been nearly a decade!  She's beautiful, super sweet and very ambitious.  I'm still FB friends with her husband, but haven't spent any time with either of them since grad school.  They seem very happy and have a gorgeous kiddo.

LOL, I think it was you now that I think about it 😂!!! 

Nina was so adorable! Even though her dancing may have not been to the standard they wanted at the time they needed to make a cut, she obviously could have been sent out on any appearance and I feel like she would have made sure her dancing would be where they wanted it. She struck me as someone who succeeds through a lot of determination and sheer strength of will.

(I love that kind of success!)

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

Meghan Flaherty (May she RIP) speaks like she has a mouth guard in or just came from the dentist.  Something is off.  It’s weird.  

I thought at one time she broke her jaw from riding a bull, could be that it never healed properly.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought at one time she broke her jaw from riding a bull, could be that it never healed properly.

The third (I think?) time she was in training camp, she had braces from breaking her jaw.  But even before that, she kind of spoke like she was wearing a retainer or something.  Hard to explain, haha.

43 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I laugh at Judy and Kelli not understanding that you don’t get a warning on paper. A warning is usually verbal. 

Can be either written or verbal - up to the discretion of the cop and depending on what it is for.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, kalibean said:

I thought Nina was gorgeous and had most of the DCC qualities. I was sad when she was cut. If I had to chose someone who was cut from training camp, but I wished had made the team....it would of been Nina. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

The third (I think?) time she was in training camp, she had braces from breaking her jaw.  But even before that, she kind of spoke like she was wearing a retainer or something.  Hard to explain, haha.

I'm pretty sure she had something like invisalign from the beginning. She always looked like she had something on her lower teeth.

Not sure if this has been shared here before and I'm not going to share the IG link because it's private.  I googled former TCC Kalli Fullerton and found this was her name now:  Kalli Fullerton Doubleday, PhD.

Did NOT know she was married OR had her PhD.  I'm pretty sure it's the same Kalli cause she's followed by Cassie Trammel and Kelsey Bond.  Is this really little Kalli that auditioned for DCC if so, this is NEAT!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Not sure if this has been shared here before and I'm not going to share the IG link because it's private.  I googled former TCC Kalli Fullerton and found this was her name now:  Kalli Fullerton Doubleday, PhD.

Did NOT know she was married OR had her PhD.  I'm pretty sure it's the same Kalli cause she's followed by Cassie Trammel and Kelsey Bond.  Is this really little Kalli that auditioned for DCC if so, this is NEAT!

Yes, Kalli was getting her Master's in Geography when she wrote her blog about being in TCC the second time, so it seems natural that she'd go on to get her PhD since she enjoyed teaching so much. Not sure the blog still exists, but it was very illuminating to read. Other members of staff for the DCC have poo poo'd its validity, but it seemed realistic to me.

Edited by Girl in a Cardigan
other info to improve clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Yes, Kalli was getting her Master's in Geography when she wrote her blog about being in TCC the second time. Not sure it still exists, but it was very illuminating to read. Other members of staff for the DCC have poo poo'd its validity, but it seemed realistic to me.

Good for her for moving on this way!

1 hour ago, Pksbena1 said:

If I had to chose someone who was cut from training camp, but I wished had made the team....it would of been Nina. 

Wasn't a fan of Nina's.  I would have liked for Victoria to have made the team, but she didn't seem to take it seriously when Erica Perry (her big sis) and K&J told her to talk to Jay about toning up.  She said she could do it on her own.  I think if she had called Jay, shown she was serious and started to show some progress, they would have let her stay longer.

9 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Good for her for moving on this way!

I wasn't a fan of Kalli's either time she tried out, but when she started her blog and talked about her experiences travelling and in her work, then I was a fan.  She had this desperation in Season 1 that was kind of hard to watch.  And you kind of knew that being Kelli's girl crush wasn't going to help her.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

LOL, I think it was you now that I think about it 😂!!! 

Nina was so adorable! Even though her dancing may have not been to the standard they wanted at the time they needed to make a cut, she obviously could have been sent out on any appearance and I feel like she would have made sure her dancing would be where they wanted it. She struck me as someone who succeeds through a lot of determination and sheer strength of will.

(I love that kind of success!)

Yes, I’m glad that if she did have a meltdown, it wasn’t included in the show. She was my favorite of the candidates that were released. She would have made a great DCC.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Anybody that knows anything about kicklines:  Watching the finale of season 6.  Mackenzie Weeks is really short and should have been on the end of the kickline.  Ashton Torrres was on the end.  Was it because Mackenzie was a rookie?

I believe Kelli has said that they like for the ladies on the ends (and 50 yard line) to have really perfect kicks, since the photographers often take pics looking down the kickline like so and that it doesn't look as good if the end isn't a high kicker. Kicks were a big weakness for Mackenzie.

5b9205ed947d0905f4036f4ae96799cb.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I liked the fact on Kali’s 2Nd run that Kelli admitted she was her teachers pet.    

and co-sign if Victoria had called Jay she would have gotten more time    I think they saw it as she didn’t want to work as hard as jay would have made her   

• Love 4

Season 10 rant:  WHY do they penalize/cut the TCCs for not doing a guest choreographers routine well!?

Was the year that Angela didn't make show group and later got called out for "having a bad day" (her excuse) her last season with the team?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Putting this here since it's about Dayton Bramhall who previously auditioned:
Looks like she won't be auditioning again.  She's moving to Houston.

Awww...good for her!! She and her boyfriend are so darn cute!! She seems really happy 🙂 

10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Season 10 rant:  WHY do they penalize/cut the TCCs for not doing a guest choreographers routine well!?

Was the year that Angela didn't make show group and later got called out for "having a bad day" (her excuse) her last season with the team?

Yes that was her final season.  She said she only came back that season because she wanted Show Group.  She was never one of my faves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

No matter how much this show annoys me, I still feel so excited and happy when they finally make the team.  

Does anyone else find the part where they shoot the squad photo super-boring?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

No matter how much this show annoys me, I still feel so excited and happy when they finally make the team.  

I can take or leave it...I don't find it particularily exciting though.  I would rather see the time they spend on the squad photo being spent on something else like their first game day performance or the Meet The Team night.  JMO 🙂 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Well, I could line them up a lot quicker than the two-plus hours it takes Judy! 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

I feel like it's the one occasion that is way more exciting for the girls than it is for viewers. Like it's always the same every year. Judy tells us how she places the girls, some girls need boxes, some girls get moved around because of hair colour, the girls at the front moan about being in pain from kneeling. 

Surely by now, Judy should have it organised a bit better!

• Love 2

Watching Episode 602:  WHY did Charlotte have it in for Ann Lux?  For some reason this is the first time I've noticed her getting Kelli's attention while Ann was dancing and shaking her head "No".  HOW did Ann make it to Training Camp after that?

• Love 1

Episode 603:  There's really no reason for Alyssa Torres to not know the first dance combination if she's paid attention to her sister at all.  Also no reason for anyone that's auditioned before (and I can't remember if there's anyone in this rookie class that had auditioned before) to not know it.

• Love 4

I'm working on a project where I count the number of people auditioning each season from the Pluto episodes and I keep juuuust missing the first part of the first episodes 😭

But I counted 232 for the 2015 season

• Useful 1
On 2/7/2020 at 4:08 PM, DCC-UK said:

I feel like it's the one occasion that is way more exciting for the girls than it is for viewers. Like it's always the same every year. Judy tells us how she places the girls, some girls need boxes, some girls get moved around because of hair colour, the girls at the front moan about being in pain from kneeling. 

Surely by now, Judy should have it organised a bit better!

“Beautiful bouquet”. Someone, usually Kelli, says it almost every time.

• LOL 4

I'm amazed at the amount of make-up they make these girls wear, even at an in-studio rehearsal.  I mean, I think KaShara is adorable and fun to watch, but the heavy make-up makes her look at least 5 years older.  

And I know it's probably been discussed to death, but I'm kind of confused by Holly/Jennagate.  Holly was dismissed for fraternizing with players.  Jenna was disciplined for...not stopping her?  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I'm amazed at the amount of make-up they make these girls wear, even at an in-studio rehearsal.  I mean, I think KaShara is adorable and fun to watch, but the heavy make-up makes her look at least 5 years older.  

And I know it's probably been discussed to death, but I'm kind of confused by Holly/Jennagate.  Holly was dismissed for fraternizing with players.  Jenna was disciplined for...not stopping her?  

If rumors are to be believed (and quite frankly it seems that the rumors were generally true): Jenna (>21 yrs of age), who had a “thing” with Dak Prescott, decided to hang out with players at a 21 and over type club. Holly (<21 yrs of age at the time), who was also rumored to have had previous unauthorized contact with players, decided to go along and have “fun.” 

Rumor has it that Jenna had been admonished for fraternization the year before, so this was strike 2. Holly was not only fraternizing but was also not legally permitted in the club, which Jenna was well aware of. So they got in trouble with Kelli. Holly resigned, Jenna stayed. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

If rumors are to be believed (and quite frankly it seems that the rumors were generally true): Jenna (>21 yrs of age), who had a “thing” with Dak Prescott, decided to hang out with players at a 21 and over type club. Holly (<21 yrs of age at the time), who was also rumored to have had previous unauthorized contact with players, decided to go along and have “fun.” 

Rumor has it that Jenna had been admonished for fraternization the year before, so this was strike 2. Holly was not only fraternizing but was also not legally permitted in the club, which Jenna was well aware of. So they got in trouble with Kelli. Holly resigned, Jenna stayed. 

Thank you.  If Jenna had gotten in trouble for this the year before she should have been gone the second time, in my opinion.  And probably shouldn't have been a group leader.  

I just thought it was odd that Judy made it sound like Jenna should have stopped Holly.  I mean, she's her group leader, not her mom.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Thank you.  If Jenna had gotten in trouble for this the year before she should have been gone the second time, in my opinion.  And probably shouldn't have been a group leader.  

I just thought it was odd that Judy made it sound like Jenna should have stopped Holly.  I mean, she's her group leader, not her mom.  

From what I remember, Jenna’s fraternization occurred the year before, and she was not still dating players her last year, but she was actively hanging out with Holly (who was still dating and publicly hanging out w players) at 21 and up clubs and not telling K&J about it. At least, that’s what I remember the story being. Jenna wasn’t even her group leader, but she was close friends actively there with her, which is why I think she got hit for it and not Holly’s actual group leader. Who knows what the real story is though. Those scenes were edited to death, so it was hard to even piece together what happened and having insiders fill in info can always be questionable. IIRC. around that time, there seemed to lots of ppl who would pop up w “inside info” and then never post again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Holly was asked to resign or be dismissed. Resigning looks better on your resume. Jenna acted like a spoiled child and should have been dismissed as well IMHO. She whined on about 'still being punished' and going behind K&J's backs...when she should have been fired. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Holly was asked to resign or be dismissed. Resigning looks better on your resume. Jenna acted like a spoiled child and should have been dismissed as well IMHO. She whined on about 'still being punished' and going behind K&J's backs...when she should have been fired. 

Yes, she should have (been fired/let go). Holly was a much bigger asset to the team than Jenna ever would be. I can’t believe they didn’t let them both go right when this was discovered. I do think there was a lot going on behind the scenes that we didn’t see on the show, however. And when Jenna went behind their backs to talk to Shelly (what was she even thinking?) and then she was called into the office, she had the biggest smile on her face like she thought they were going to apologize to her, give her back point position, and maybe even throw in a bouquet of roses for good measure? 😂 I honestly don’t know what she THOUGHT was going to happen, but I’m sure that conversation wasn’t it! Kelli let her have it, though (with good reason). If I was Kelli, I would have said "buh-bye and don’t let the door hit you on the way out"!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

IIRC. around that time, there seemed to lots of ppl who would pop up w “inside info” and then never post again. 

My absolute favorite "insider info" involved Holly. It was the person who came on here to said Holly was mean to her landlord and how that made her a terrible person and not qualified to be a DCC and how she deserved to be let go just based on that. Good times.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

From what I remember, Jenna’s fraternization occurred the year before, and she was not still dating players her last year, but she was actively hanging out with Holly (who was still dating and publicly hanging out w players) at 21 and up clubs and not telling K&J about it. At least, that’s what I remember the story being. Jenna wasn’t even her group leader, but she was close friends actively there with her, which is why I think she got hit for it and not Holly’s actual group leader. Who knows what the real story is though. Those scenes were edited to death, so it was hard to even piece together what happened and having insiders fill in info can always be questionable. IIRC. around that time, there seemed to lots of ppl who would pop up w “inside info” and then never post again. 

I think some - not all - of the insiders actually have accurate info but I always think it’s a little influenced by their personal opinions. So I try to take it with a grain of salt (or is it sand? I always get that confused).  As a professional investigator, I’d love to present follow up questions to the “insiders” - not as an attack but just to clarify their statements in order to weed out bad info - as well as have independently corroborated information. Obviously it’s against forum rules so you have to take the insider info for what it’s worth....but man, a lot of forum energy is wasted on arguing about insider info 😆 

For me it seems like Jenna and Holly let their local celebrity status go to their heads (and why not, they were young and hot and on DCC while living in Dallas) while Kelli was known to turn a blind eye to the shenanigans of her favorites. I would have said that this incident would have altered Kelli’s treatment of those with Favored Status...but I have a feeling there are 1 or 2 on the current squad who may be able to get away with shenanigans if they wanted. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DCC fan said:

Yes, she should have (been fired/let go). Holly was a much bigger asset to the team than Jenna ever would be. I can’t believe they didn’t let them both go right when this was discovered. I do think there was a lot going on behind the scenes that we didn’t see on the show, however. And when Jenna went behind their backs to talk to Shelly (what was she even thinking?) and then she was called into the office, she had the biggest smile on her face like she thought they were going to apologize to her, give her back point position, and maybe even throw in a bouquet of roses for good measure? 😂 I honestly don’t know what she THOUGHT was going to happen, but I’m sure that conversation wasn’t it! Kelli let her have it, though (with good reason). If I was Kelli, I would have said "buh-bye and don’t let the door hit you on the way out"!

Curious why you considered Holly to be a much stronger asset to the team. I disagree for several reasons, but genuinely curious about your take. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Curious why you considered Holly to be a much stronger asset to the team. I disagree for several reasons, but genuinely curious about your take. 

Same. Of all the videos that I’ve seen of Holly, I’ve found her much better in every style other than DCC. She is talented as can be but just never wowed me there and seemed to have issues with following the rules from the get go. Jenna is the opposite. Nothing bad was ever said about her (that I remember) until the last two years when she seemed to regress. It appeared that being a senior vet and one of the most visible ones of the team went to her head and/or she picked up bad habits. Dance-wise though, i think she was exceptional in the DCC style, but I’ve never found her to be great in other genres. 

• Love 5

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I think some - not all - of the insiders actually have accurate info but I always think it’s a little influenced by their personal opinions. So I try to take it with a grain of salt (or is it sand? I always get that confused).  As a professional investigator, I’d love to present follow up questions to the “insiders” - not as an attack but just to clarify their statements in order to weed out bad info - as well as have independently corroborated information. Obviously it’s against forum rules so you have to take the insider info for what it’s worth....but man, a lot of forum energy is wasted on arguing about insider info 😆 

For me it seems like Jenna and Holly let their local celebrity status go to their heads (and why not, they were young and hot and on DCC while living in Dallas) while Kelli was known to turn a blind eye to the shenanigans of her favorites. I would have said that this incident would have altered Kelli’s treatment of those with Favored Status...but I have a feeling there are 1 or 2 on the current squad who may be able to get away with shenanigans if they wanted. 

So much this.

I thought they were both exceptional dancers, I just felt like they got caught up in things to a degree that endangered not only their status on the squad, but possibly themselves personally as well.  I hope they're both okay now with where they are and what they're doing - and from what it sounds like, they are.  I hope Holly's L.A. dancer show ends up going forward, because I am sure I would watch the shit out of it.  I don't have any insider knowledge of any kind, but I always had the very strong feeling that both girls had a bit of "ugly ducking" thing going on - for Holly, possibly more in terms of her self esteem and physical self-conception, and for Jenna, possibly more in terms of "fitting in" and really finding her niche and a place where she could queen it a bit.  

Holly had talked a bit about being bullied, and may have taken some time to grow into her looks.  Feeling like you're beautiful for the first time can be pretty intoxicating, and I've known a lot of people who go a little wild with it (rumor had it the player she got called out for talking to was Ezekiel Elliott, who was all kinds of trouble beyond just being a player).  For Jenna I'd imagine she was pretty isolated growing up in a military family and living in a foreign country, and being in a place where you finally feel like you belong can make you desperately want to be in the center of everything.  Also I had the impression that she fell pretty hard for Dak and got hurt, and heartbreak can really screw with you (I recall a very cringey Insta post around that time that had me wincing on her behalf).  I was not a fan of her attitude talking to Shelly, but I respected her for making the effort to stay on and finish her year - DCC really was her world and I think she did the best she could to salvage the situation the best she was able. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

3 hours ago, DCC fan said:

Read more  

I just meant that, in my opinion, Holly was a MUCH stronger dancer (was it Kitty who said Holly could do show group all by herself?) To me, Jenna looked really young and while her dancing was ok, she didn’t really stand out to me and I thought others could have made a stronger point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6