Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Wonder why Kelli didn't cut her on the spot then

Judy was probably itching to give the same kind of corrections to Cassie that she allowed Cassie to give to Taylor Lowry later on (what season was that?).

Oh, I don't think Judy has ever held back on correcting Cassie, ast least when she was growing up.  I feel like Judy has been molding Cassie since she was a little girl.  I'm picturing little Cassie at dance lessons, with Judy in the background shouting "point your TOES!  DON'T SKIP!  What are you DOING?!"  

"LINES!" 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 1/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, scorpio1031 said:

And it "sucks" that Pluto cuts out certain eps all the time.  I think they weren't showing the calendar shoot ep and now they don't show the ep where Jordan misses the game bus and the calendar is revealed.

I keep trying to see that one, and figured I was always just missing it!

1 hour ago, DCC fan said:

"LINES!" 😂

Judi's yelling always cracks me up along with some of her unvarnished comments, which were much more common in the early seasons.

One of my favorites I think was in Season 4 or 5  when she's teaching the auditioning candidates (semi-fnals) the combination at the Opryland Hotel (because they were still building the new stadium) and Judi says, "Right now, they all look like crap!"

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 4

Judy just sounds MEAN when she yells at the girls out on the field.  She's always so frustrated with them, and she screams at the top of her lungs.  Then again, she may just be trying to make herself heard over the music and across the field. 

Confession time- I have a pretty big backyard.  Sometimes I march across it and try to do the entrance.  Mentally, I'm going "shut the car door, shut the car door, arms UP!, DON'T SKIP!"  Anyone else?  Just me?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Oh, I don't think Judy has ever held back on correcting Cassie, ast least when she was growing up. 

I don't think Judy gave Cassie much correction (on anything) and that is why she got away with what she did while she was on the squad.  And just from what I've seen of Cassie's IG stories, I would say the granddaughter isn't getting much correction on anything either.

If Judy was correcting Cassie on dance, her technique would have been much better.  However, I think her main focus was gymnastics/cheer.

14 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Mentally, I'm going "shut the car door, shut the car door, arms UP!, DON'T SKIP!"  Anyone else?  Just me?

Don't forget to "peel the banana"🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't think Judy gave Cassie much correction (on anything) and that is why she got away with what she did while she was on the squad.  And just from what I've seen of Cassie's IG stories, I would say the granddaughter isn't getting much correction on anything either.

I meant correcting her dancing, not correcting her discipline-wise.  But you make a good point.  Honest question, though- Is/was Judy really that good of a dancer?

• Love 1
On 1/25/2020 at 5:28 AM, ByTor said:

Maybe I'll see this on Pluto again, but there was a scene that made me gasp.  Judy made a comment about someone never practicing, and Kelli said "Who, Cassie?"

Found it! It was just now on Pluto. Episode 605, about 3/4 of the way through. They were dancing in groups, and Judy makes a comment about Taylor:

Judy : Taylor’s looking a little white and sickly. I’d love to hear what she’s eaten today.

Judy: (While the camera was on Ika) This one doesn’t practice, I don’t think.

Kelli: (Without looking up at Judy) Stephanie? Or Cassie?

Judy: Ika.  

She didn’t react to what Kelli said, at all. Here’s the thing. I think Kelli meant Cassie Kathleen, one of the rookies. Cassie T wasn’t dancing in that group.

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Judy just sounds MEAN when she yells at the girls out on the field.  She's always so frustrated with them, and she screams at the top of her lungs.  Then again, she may just be trying to make herself heard over the music and across the field. 

Confession time- I have a pretty big backyard.  Sometimes I march across it and try to do the entrance.  Mentally, I'm going "shut the car door, shut the car door, arms UP!, DON'T SKIP!"  Anyone else?  Just me?

Haha, I do the "shut the car door" and also do the high kicks that they do across the floor to warm up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Haha, I do the "shut the car door" and also do the high kicks that they do across the floor to warm up.

I hear Brittney’s voice explaining it to Chandler every time I close the car door with my hip.

606 is on Pluto now. Kelli did reach out to Kaitlyn LeGrand. Sort of. She starts off telling her off, and then says, “Do you need...help?” 

It felt a little abrupt, but I don’t think an employer can do much more that that, if the employee won’t share what is going on.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I meant correcting her dancing, not correcting her discipline-wise.  But you make a good point.  Honest question, though- Is/was Judy really that good of a dancer?

Ding, ding, ding! That is the million dollar question! I don’t see it, at all. No constructive criticism, ever. Just screaming, saying "that’s just BAD", or "awkward" or "immature". What does that even mean? I highly doubt that she has choreographed any of the current dances, either. She just sits on her chair and doesn’t even demonstrate. I taught dance for many years, and I never sat down once. Never came to rehearsal in street clothes and high heels, either. You teach by demonstrating, and if it’s wrong, you explain how to make it right (and that can be accomplished without screaming). Just sayin'.

• Love 4

Awww watching season 7.  They’re inviting Danielle into training camp for the first time and then show her Jets buddy, Jasmine, who’s still in her seat.  Jasmine clearly says “I’m so happy for her.”  I love supportive friends 🤗🥰🤗🥰🤗

• Love 5
9 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Oh, I don't think Judy has ever held back on correcting Cassie, ast least when she was growing up.  I feel like Judy has been molding Cassie since she was a little girl.  I'm picturing little Cassie at dance lessons, with Judy in the background shouting "point your TOES!  DON'T SKIP!  What are you DOING?!"  

This makes me wonder if Judy pushed her into Jr DCC (I forget what timestamp she's at in this)

26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 705:  Kelli was out "sick" and not at Valley Ranch.  How is she exempt from missing rehearsals if she demands that the girls attend when sick or injured?

I wonder if that's when her and Sam were in the car accident??

How old was Jenna Jackson when she made it as a rookie? I'm watching her rookie TC season and she looks like a little girl

Just now, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if that's when her and Sam were in the car accident??

That could have been! Details! I haven't really heard about this.

1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How old was Jenna Jackson when she made it as a rookie? I'm watching her rookie TC season and she looks like a little girl

That could have been! Details! I haven't really heard about this.

I vaguely remember it from her IG account forever ago.  But maybe that was why she missed practice. 

And Jenna was just 18.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I vaguely remember it from her IG account forever ago.  But maybe that was why she missed practice.

Maybe about 7-8 years ago?  

Same episode I've been watching:  Wonder where Cheryl (Door Lady) was that night?  Shelly Roper McCaslin (sp?) the technical coach was calling people into the office.

UGH (Episode 706)  : Chelsea Chaney: "I thought I was a shoe-in".  That girl needed a good dose of humble pie (and got it).

Was it 2013 when Courtney Cook quit btwn finals and first meeting?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
8 hours ago, 88Keys said:

If I had a decent yard, I would be too !

• Love 1

Season 7:  Did Jordan Daigle miss the game bus for the first preseason game or regular season game?

I thought the cheerleaders and players weren't supposed to have any real interaction.  They're showing the cheerleaders and players side by side and talking to eachother at the opening of Training Camp for the season.

changed some wording
33 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 1105:  Jordan Chanley Tabor said she just recently got married to the "love of her life" or something like that.  Did she go through a divorce? I thought she was married when she made the squad as a rookie.

Maybe you're thinking of Brittney Evans?  She was married when she made the squad.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Maybe you're thinking of Brittney Evans?  She was married when she made the squad.

No. And I wish I could show you the scene in MTT I'm thinking of.  Jordan Chanley's husband was all excited at the Meet The Team event her rookie season "I'm married to a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader!!!!"  Anyone else remember this? I know I'm not mistaken but I can't find any pics of the meet the team event Jordan's rookie season to reference.  It was the same season Jordan Baum made it her rookie season and she and her mother were shown either right before Jordan and her husband or right after.

4 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

No. And I wish I could show you the scene in MTT I'm thinking of.  Jordan Chanley's husband was all excited at the Meet The Team event her rookie season "I'm married to a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader!!!!

Ok.  Give me a minute.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

And I wish I could show you the scene in MTT I'm thinking of.  Jordan Chanley's husband was all excited at the Meet The Team event her rookie season "I'm married to a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader!!!!"

It's Brittney.  They are both blondes with Minnie Mouse voices🤣

I still love Brooke getting ready to make fun of the DCC who had family there in bright pink t-shirts until she realized it was her family:)  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's Brittney.  They are both blondes with Minnie Mouse voices🤣

I still love Brooke getting ready to make fun of the DCC who had family there in bright pink t-shirts until she realized it was her family:)  

Ha! I remember the part with Brooke's family! Do you have any way of getting a screenshot of Brittney and hubby? That'd be really helpful 🙂

I gotta go to bed but I'll check in ASAP in the AM

17 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Ha! I remember the part with Brooke's family! Do you have any way of getting a screenshot of Brittney and hubby? That'd be really helpful 🙂

I gotta go to bed but I'll check in ASAP in the AM

It was Brittney Evans. Jordan is shown hugging her dad. Brittney’s husband said, ‘I’m married to a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!’ Jordan and Brittney sound alike and are very close friends. 

A4DB9F69-9A67-4DBC-886A-53DB7A402920.jpeg

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I can't even post an IG story:)  

We need to get you lessons then 🙂

39 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

It was Brittney Evans. Jordan is shown hugging her dad. Brittney’s husband said, ‘I’m married to a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!’ Jordan and Brittney sound alike and are very close friends. 

A4DB9F69-9A67-4DBC-886A-53DB7A402920.jpeg

Ohhhhhhh geez.  I can't believe I thought she was Jordan C.  Thanks! ETA - is it me or does hubby look younger than Brittany?

Added something.
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

We need to get you lessons then 🙂

Ohhhhhhh geez.  I can't believe I thought she was Jordan C.  Thanks! ETA - is it me or does hubby look younger than Brittany?

He looks like he married up. 

Season 12 currently on Pluto—all the bucket emptying!  🙄

• Love 2
On 1/30/2020 at 10:03 AM, ATLGirl said:

I think you're right about that for sure. They were definitely putting out that vibe about Colin, who I always liked because she didn't seem perfectly polished with her answers all the time. I liked how she said she had no idea that Gilley's was an iconic Dallas site. (I just remember it for being in "Urban Cowboy" myself.)

Urban Cowboy is one of my favorite movies - we quote it all the time.  I tell my sister "the family car's waitin" when we go shopping 😄  Anyhow, the movie was set and the original Gilley's was in and outside of Houston...the Dallas site isn't technically "iconic" as it is a mainstream/commercialized version of a honky tonk and not even open 10 years by that point! I would have had the same opinion 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Urban Cowboy is one of my favorite movies - we quote it all the time.  I tell my sister "the family car's waitin" when we go shopping 😄  Anyhow, the movie was set and the original Gilley's was in and outside of Houston...the Dallas site isn't technically "iconic" as it is a mainstream/commercialized version of a honky tonk and not even open 10 years by that point! I would have had the same opinion 😉 

I had forgotten it was set in Houston and not Dallas. Major OOPS! I remember the scene where Pam is showing Bud around her fancy apartment (or penthouse) and talks about how much she loves Houston. I always thought it was cute that Bud and Sissy had plates with their names behind their seats in Bud’s pickup truck. Even today if it comes on TV, I’ll plop down and watch it. 

D69F6D06-B116-449C-BFC2-0626CCAF4C1D.jpeg

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

I had forgotten it was set in Houston and not Dallas. Major OOPS! I remember the scene where Pam is showing Bud around her fancy apartment (or penthouse) and talks about how much she loves Houston. I always thought it was cute that Bud and Sissy had plates with their names behind their seats in Bud’s pickup truck. Even today if it comes on TV, I’ll plop down and watch it. 

D69F6D06-B116-449C-BFC2-0626CCAF4C1D.jpeg

I’m obsessed with Pam’s fashion and her apartment! 😊 But also I meant my post as sticking up for Collin, not chiding you, just so you know! I totally read your comment as tongue in cheek. Bc Kelli wants everything to be iconic 😆

(we also say I got smarts real good)

• LOL 1

Watching Episode 204:  Brittany D'Alesandro didn't know trivia two nights in a row.  Should have been cut WAY before she showed up to uniform fittings looking like she did.

That girl Victoria shouldn't have been brought into TC at her weight.  She wasn't "overweight" but there was no way she was going to get where she needed to be as fast as they wanted her to.  Ratings.

Who was the girl that wore the cat suit/mask for her solo in season 2?

Added something.
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m obsessed with Pam’s fashion and her apartment! 😊 But also I meant my post as sticking up for Collin, not chiding you, just so you know! I totally read your comment as tongue in cheek. Bc Kelli wants everything to be iconic 😆

(we also say I got smarts real good)

Yes, definitely tongue in cheek! 😉

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 207:  How many times did Nina Mooch (or however you spell it) try out?  Wasn't she the one whose boyfriend sent in naughty photos to Kelli?

Naughty photos was Carla.

I’m pretty sure Nina only tried out the one time, but I’m not sure on that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2020 at 2:50 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Watching the girls travel across the floor with Kitty barking at them - how does one do it without the dance background???

My son is a Navy Chief....he also barks....he ran a 'fat camp' for six months while his boat was in dry dock. They hated him...but he took 70# off one guy in that six months...

11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Once.  Rumor has it she had a Malena type of meltdown - well, actually I think it was worse.

I’d heard that too, on these boards actually (or whatever the forums were before...previously.tv maybe?) But it was well after the season aired, years even.

I do recall a poster on the Television Without Pity forum who knew Nina personally. Said she was super sweet and very ambitious.  

• Love 1

I've been enjoying watching the previous seasons on Pluto. I've noticed some things I didn't catch when the seasons were airing. 

Such as the loud applause and Woo's the small groups get after they dance. It is so disproportionate to the visual "golf-clapping" the other girls are doing when the camera is showing them clap. 

I wonder why the show thinks that level of applause is necessary, when the actual people in the room didn't. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thanks! I can't keep all these girls straight!

Don’t worry, @BluegrassDCCFan! I spent an entirely inordinate amount of time online last night during S2 trying to figure out the difference between Sarah Clay, Sarah Shelton, and Michelle Mozek. I could have sworn that Michelle Mozek was the name of Megan Michelle from S6...whom I found out was actually Megan Phillips. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I’d heard that too, on these boards actually (or whatever the forums were before...previously.tv maybe?) But it was well after the season aired, years even.

I do recall a poster on the Television Without Pity forum who knew Nina personally. Said she was super sweet and very ambitious.  

That person might have been me, but I can't remember.  It's been nearly a decade!  She's beautiful, super sweet and very ambitious.  I'm still FB friends with her husband, but haven't spent any time with either of them since grad school.  They seem very happy and have a gorgeous kiddo.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7