Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

So watching season 1 ep 7  they are quizzing the girls and Kalli is up and cant answer about Bill Parcells ... the girls are trying to help her out and she tattles she hears whispering (?!?!?) Now Kelli calls them out for it ... great team mate 🙄 makes me think its a good thing she was not put on the squad .... she would have definitely been a spy for K&J and would be ratting them out for anything she deemed bad behavior 

12 hours ago, IrishJig said:

I think that 99% of the time she is completely right factually, but how she delivers it is terrifying.  Combining that with the pressure of training camp- I don't blame the candidates for looking faint when she walks in the door. 

She knows her stuff, but her "critiques" don't always seem very helpful.  She says things like "you look like you have no idea what you're doing," without specifically telling the dancer what is off (toes?  feet?  arms?  Needs more pop?  Facial expressions?)   

And speaking of, I wish they would say "facial expressions" and not "facials."  

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Season 2 Meagan Sharpe doing cameos now on Pluto  .... should have left her hairstyle the way it was at finals  ... she did not need bangs ... Reiner butchered her hair 🤢

He also butchered Sara Clay's, and chopped Kristen's bangs too short.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

He also butchered Sara Clay's, and chopped Kristen's bangs too short.

He seemed a little full of himself during season 7 with Danielle's hair Kelli called him testy ... I say he was being a** arms crossed and the daggers he was shooting at her when she brought in the colorist to get another opinion  ... glad there is someone else these past few seasons ... he has such a great sense of humor.

• Love 1

So season 2 they took 38 so two girls could alternate Brooke's spot since she was out all season ???? Sorry but she only had 1 year under her belt she should have been told to come back once knee healed and try out again ... this is special treatment staying on a squad and you didnt even cheer that whole season  🙄 At least Cassie had 4 years in and was on the mend at the start of training season her 5th year and proved herself ...yes people dont like her but put that against a 1 year anytime  .... apples and oranges ... 

5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And Loni's

I just saw Loni ... yikes you are right LOL!!!! Looks like Reiner had a bang fetish that season LOL!!!!😂

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lah715 said:

I just saw Loni ... yikes you are right LOL!!!! Looks like Reiner had a bang fetish that season LOL!!!!😂

Plus the way he made it SOOOO stick straight.  Her hair was pretty, he made it look like straw.

2 minutes ago, lah715 said:

So season 2 they took 38 so two girls could alternate Brooke's spot since she was out all season ???? Sorry but she only had 1 year under her belt she should have been told to come back once knee healed and try out again

I completely agree.

• Love 4

So when did they start riding the bus to the stadium season 4 the year of the new stadium .... just watching season 2 and looks like they made their way to the stadium on their own ...just curious

5 minutes ago, lah715 said:

So when did they start riding the bus to the stadium season 4 the year of the new stadium .... just watching season 2 and looks like they made their way to the stadium on their own ...just curious

It was Season 4 - new stadium.  I'm assuming cause the stadium was further away from Texas Stadium, not enough parking under the building, easier on the girls, etc.  This video shows what it was like at the very first game - traffic wise.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

So season 2 they took 38 so two girls could alternate Brooke's spot since she was out all season ???? Sorry but she only had 1 year under her belt she should have been told to come back once knee healed and try out again ... this is special treatment staying on a squad and you didnt even cheer that whole season  🙄 At least Cassie had 4 years in and was on the mend at the start of training season her 5th year and proved herself ...yes people dont like her but put that against a 1 year anytime  .... apples and oranges ... 

It might be because Brooke had already made the squad for her second season and then blew out her knee during a show group performance.  Cassie was auditioning for her 5th year and didn't do well, and all returning vets are supposed to come back and perform like a veteran.  She also had surgery three months before auditions and the again at the start of football season.  So that might be another reason she was seen as having special treatment - she was always battling a knee injury and still allowed to be on show group, go on tours, etc when her knee never fully recovered.  I could be wrong but I think she also had to sit out kick line????  

Edited to add - people were also upset that she wasn't doing her rehab for the knee surgery.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Sorry I'm just now seeing this post.  That's a great idea and one I hadn't thought of until I saw this.  Thanks!

I think she was 26 because didn't she say she was 27 the second time she auditioned?

• Useful 1

Brandi Kilby didn't look like a "stripper" to me with her nails and hair. And I thought she seemed like a nice girl, which Kelli wasn't sure about. But I definitely didn't like her curly hair at all. Of course I've always preferred straight hair on girls for some reason. But I do like pretty curls too. Anyway, her transformation when they straightened her hair was amazing to me. She just got hot ha! I love her pics from when she was actually on the squad. She looked great. I thought she looked more average with her curly hair. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, lah715 said:

Season 2 Meagan Sharpe doing cameos now on Pluto  .... should have left her hairstyle the way it was at finals  ... she did not need bangs ... Reiner butchered her hair 🤢

Yes he did!!! That was one of the worst makeovers I've seen....and they've had a few bad ones.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Yes he did!!! That was one of the worst makeovers I've seen....and they've had a few bad ones.

Like that one (Leah I think) who had "too much gold" put in her hair, which resulted in red hair and one very unhappy camper!  

• Love 1

Karissa in season 6 when she got cut she stated that had she taken dance lessons she would have been on the team .... so she made into camp without any real dance background ??? With all the choreography they have to learn how does one go into camp thinking they can keep up ..... just curious 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Like that one (Leah I think) who had "too much gold" put in her hair, which resulted in red hair and one very unhappy camper!  

She was there like 6 or 8 hours to fix it.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Who did Kenley Minchew go on to cheer for after bailing on DCC TC? Atlanta Falcons?

Kenley came back the next year (2010, season 5) and was shut out. She then auditioned for the  Mavs Dancers and was on the team for 2 seasons. A few years alter she was on the Falcons cheerleaders for 1 season.

• Useful 2

Didn't they switch salons after that season? I love Danielle's hair. As a member of the curly hair club, I'm so jealous of hair like that. I also loved Ashton's, Kelsey L before she went blonde, Kelsi R, and Erica Jenkins. 

I liked Brandis curly hair. I keep my hair long and my curls arent as defined as hers are at that length.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Brandi Kilby didn't look like a "stripper" to me with her nails and hair. And I thought she seemed like a nice girl, which Kelli wasn't sure about. But I definitely didn't like her curly hair at all. Of course I've always preferred straight hair on girls for some reason. But I do like pretty curls too. Anyway, her transformation when they straightened her hair was amazing to me. She just got hot ha! I love her pics from when she was actually on the squad. She looked great. I thought she looked more average with her curly hair. 

I follow Brandi on IG and twitter. She hasn't straightened her hair since she left the DCC. When she was on the Laker Girls she kept it curly and still does. Seemed like a lot of work  just to be a DCC. Maybe that was the reason why she didn't audition again?

• Useful 2

Rewatching season 6 and I just can't stand Taylor. At all. She seems like the kind of person that always has to ask the dumb question at the end of the meeting so we can't leave.

And the whole grocery thing... ugh. I get it. You want people to think you have the greatest genetics and can eat whatever. But grabbing 4 boxes of cereal and honey buns on a nutrition test????? At least pretend you take it seriously. 

And for someone who "practices" all the time, she sure didn't know any of the dances.

Sorry rant over. I worked with too many "Taylor" type personalities and it just made work difficult.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, 88Keys said:

She knows her stuff, but her "critiques" don't always seem very helpful.  She says things like "you look like you have no idea what you're doing," without specifically telling the dancer what is off (toes?  feet?  arms?  Needs more pop?  Facial expressions?)   

And speaking of, I wish they would say "facial expressions" and not "facials."  

Yes, though I don't think Kelli or Kitty know the other definition of "facials" 😱😲 (my mom wouldn't). Also, it's still a common term in cheerleading- seen it on score sheets.

(I've watched since Season 1, and for many seasons did not know what Kelli meant by "she's a locker room favorite."  On my college and high school squads, that meant something . . . not so good.  I thought she was saying they were super sexy(?) since they have a non fraternization clause + Kelli meant it as a positive attribute.  Then I finally was watching one day, realized that couldn't even mean "super sexy" with who she was talking about, 💡 that she means "loved by all the cheerleaders."    I'm an idiot.)

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I follow Brandi on IG and twitter. She hasn't straightened her hair since she left the DCC. When she was on the Laker Girls she kept it curly and still does. Seemed like a lot of work  just to be a DCC. Maybe that was the reason why she didn't audition again?

I see. Yeah I could see that being a hassle having to straighten that all the time. I seem to recall a couple pictures of her with other former DCCs this past year where she had her hair straight 

23 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I see. Yeah I could see that being a hassle having to straighten that all the time. I seem to recall a couple pictures of her with other former DCCs this past year where she had her hair straight 

I ike this one she posted with her and the 2009 rookies then and now. She's has it straight in both pictures.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Shady580 said:

And the whole grocery thing... ugh. I get it. You want people to think you have the greatest genetics and can eat whatever. But grabbing 4 boxes of cereal and honey buns on a nutrition test????? At least pretend you take it seriously. 

I thought Taylor seemed like one of those pains in the ass who run at the mouth too much, but I will defend her here.  Jay specifically told them not to put things in their carts that they know he would approve of, but rather to put in their carts what they actually eat.  I'm sure she enjoyed showing off that she could look like she did while eating all that crap, but as far as the challenge went she did exactly what she was supposed to.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought Taylor seemed like one of those pains in the ass who run at the mouth too much, but I will defend her here.  Jay specifically told them not to put things in their carts that they know he would approve of, but rather to put in their carts what they actually eat.  I'm sure she enjoyed showing off that she could look like she did while eating all that crap, but as far as the challenge went she did exactly what she was supposed to.

I thought that to a point. But 4 boxes of cereal and the icing and the candy and nothing healthy at all. She was putting on a show and it backfired on her.

• Love 1

I felt like Taylor did do what Jay asked them to do but she was a bit excessive with it I agree. She was trying to be funny or whatever. But I never once got the impression that she was showing off that she could eat so unhealthy and stay fit. She never said anything about that, just that she likes to eat junk. I didn't see it as a show off thing. And I liked Taylor so lol

• Love 5
8 hours ago, lah715 said:

Karissa in season 6 when she got cut she stated that had she taken dance lessons she would have been on the team .... so she made into camp without any real dance background ??? With all the choreography they have to learn how does one go into camp thinking they can keep up ..... just curious 

Watching the girls travel across the floor with Kitty barking at them - how does one do it without the dance background???

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Season 7 is one of my favorites, too. It has extra episodes. I feel like we got to know the TCCs a lot better and they were all so different. In the past few years, they’ve tended to run together and seemed more forgettable. Kali finally made it after trying out so many times. Colin was funny. Chelsea was spunky. It was Jacie’s first season. Danielle and Jasmine were Jets newcomers. It was a fun mix of personalities. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Season 7 is one of my favorites, too. It has extra episodes. I feel like we got to know the TCCs a lot better and they were all so different. In the past few years, they’ve tended to run together and seemed more forgettable. Kali finally made it after trying out so many times. Colin was funny. Chelsea was spunky. It was Jacie’s first season. Danielle and Jasmine were Jets newcomers. It was a fun mix of personalities. 

Does anyone remember what Colin got cut for in season 8?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, lah715 said:

She was on a minor dance team prior to auditioning for the DCC. Maybe she thought she had enough experience.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone remember what Colin got cut for in season 8?

I love Colin. Have always thought she was adorable. Follow her on IG. She seems so happy being married and has a new puppy. Wish her all the best! Really liked a lot of the rookies from Season 7. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I love Colin. Have always thought she was adorable. Follow her on IG. She seems so happy being married and has a new puppy. Wish her all the best! Really liked a lot of the rookies from Season 7. 

Confession...I liked that hokey scene of them sitting at the coffee shop talking about how much they wanted to make the squad.  Maybe they were good actresses, but that group really did seem to get along well.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I liked Colin 🙂 She seemed so down to earth and likeable. 

• Love 3

I liked her too and if you didnt love Jackie-Bob already ... how great was it that she was able to help her get a job after passing her test.

• Love 10

I liked Colin too. She had girl-next-door appeal. When they interviewed her after they announced TTC and Colin wasn’t one of them, it broke my heart to hear her say that she knew she wasn’t the prettiest girl in the room but she didn’t know why she was cut. 😔 

Especially since Danielle was brought into TC (due to an at the buzzer save by KelFine and CharJo) after that crappy performance. Yes she was injured, and I say this as a fan of Danielle...but if she were anyone else, she wouldn’t have made it into TC that year. 

It’s like once TPTB decide they are over you, you are done. No matter what you try to do. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2