Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 1/16/2020 at 1:11 PM, PaulM said:

The vimeo file I referred to no longer exists.

FYI, unless one has a business Vimeo account, they won't let you post anything Cowboys (thus DCC) related.  It's considered "commercial  video" and advertising.  The free Vimeo account does not allow doing so.  That's what happened to me when I used to share DCC audition videos.  They may not catch it right away, but eventually they will.  They almost shut my account down until I deleted everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I forgot In season 4 they brought in Kaime into training camp weeks after it started...just seams mean since so hard to catch up and still need to make cuts...unless they told her offscreen good practice for the future but I doubt that... it’s nice to see they now seem to start field training earlier.....

• Love 1

Episode 603:  WHY wasn't Ika Irene or whatever her name was (the one that wouldn't smile even when she was called out on it) CUT for the pictures Kelli showed her during that office visit?????

Episode 606 Taylor's office visit:  Anyone have any idea what the piece of paper she had in her hand when she came out of the office was? I've seen that a few times.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Changed some wording to add something
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

WHY wasn't Ika Irene or whatever her name was (the one that wouldn't smile even when she was called out on it) CUT for the pictures Kelli showed her during that office visit?????

I thought she was.  Ika said the usual "that doesn't represent who I am", Kelli said she can't trust her, then Kelli cut her.  I thought I remembered it happening that way at least.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought she was.  Ika said the usual "that doesn't represent who I am", Kelli said she can't trust her, then Kelli cut her.  I thought I remembered it happening that way at least.

I think that was Karissa  Lynnae who said that. 

31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

@MrsEVH is right.  Karissa said that.  Kelli showed Ika a ton of racy pics then axed her.

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Ika said that also.  She said it's not who she is, and Kelli told her that she doesn't really know her & social media is all she has to go by, and going by that she presents herself as a party girl and Kelli can't trust her.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Ika said that also.  She said it's not who she is, and Kelli told her that she doesn't really know her & social media is all she has to go by, and going by that she presents herself as a party girl and Kelli can't trust her.

Didn't she say something like " freaking facebook" in the locker room after she was cut? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Did Season 7 Chelsea make it into the swimsuit calendars??? I am guessing she went to the shoot since she was cut pretty late into training camp .  If so I was wondering if that is why they skipped over it in Season 8.

Season 8 is on and I have more complaining (LOL!!) Kitty is starting her crap before the girls even started dancing ... no way was Chelsea dancing bad on the practice field .. so they were rationalizing why they were going to cut her 🙄🙄🙄

1 minute ago, lah715 said:

Season 8 is on and I have more complaining (LOL!!) Kitty is starting her crap before the girls even started dancing ... no way was Chelsea dancing bad on the practice field .. so they were rationalizing why they were going to cut her 🙄🙄🙄

Is season 8 Chelsea's rookie season or the one where she actually got cut? I can't remember.  

4 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is season 8 Chelsea's rookie season or the one where she actually got cut? I can't remember.  

Actually got cut .... that was a cut to make room for Morgan ... totally understand that Chelsea was being immature but again she made it easy for them to cut her to make Kitty happy 🙄 They complained about her weight but from what we saw at weigh in she was fine .... I noticed in the background Jenna did not seem surprised by Chelsea telling everyone she was cut ....bet her BFF Sydney tipped her off 😏  Also the Morgan drama gives me a headache ... she can cry for the cameras LOL!!!

18 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

So you're saying that if Chelsea hadn't been cut, Morgan wouldn't have made it? Didin't they have something like 39 that year?

Morgan should have never made the team, along with Kaitlyn.  They were both train wrecks...Kaitlyn was gone before the season ended and Morgan was cut the next year at finals. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Morgan should have never made the team, along with Kaitlyn.  They were both train wrecks...Kaitlyn was gone before the season ended and Morgan was cut the next year at finals. 

I think they took extra to rationalize keeping Kaitlyn (and Morgan) ... Kaitlyn because she was the pretty girl other teams would kill for 🙄 and Morgan was Kitty's pick no matter what that chick was getting on ... if any venting over special treatment it should be about her ... at least Kelly cut VK first time out because she was not ready and knew it ... Kitty was pushing for Morgan no matter how badly she danced and seems like she was not going to take no for an answer . 

5 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

5 hours ago, lah715 said:

I think they took extra to rationalize keeping Kaitlyn (and Morgan) ... Kaitlyn because she was the pretty girl other teams would kill for 🙄 and Morgan was Kitty's pick no matter what that chick was getting on ... if any venting over special treatment it should be about her ... at least Kelly cut VK first time out because she was not ready and knew it ... Kitty was pushing for Morgan no matter how badly she danced and seems like she was not going to take no for an answer . 

I forgot about Kaitlin being gone.  Remind me again what happened?

Was this episode the "vivian poem" episode? 

Grrrr Vivian's "poem".  Did she ever try to audition again after this? I forget.

Ugh Melissa Rycroft:  "My accomplishments are my family, my mirror ball trophy and Breelan making the team".

What did Caila Sims (rookie in season 9) get cut for?

When was Erica's (rookie season 9) lawsuit?

changed some wording
  • LOL 1
On 1/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, dariafan said:

Young Jackie Bob getting yelled at on the field.    Wow.   And then becomes one of the best ever !

YES! When I watched this recently, I was thinking, Jackie really held it together while getting yelled at. Then I remembered she had cheered for the San Francisco 49ers before this and was even a Pro Bowl cheerleader. They don't even mention it in the show. So she had the maturity and poise to hold it together despite Judy's yelling (which always perversely cracks me up. YOUR LINES!).

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Was this episode the "vivian poem" episode? 

Grrrr Vivian's "poem".  Did she ever try to audition again after this? I forget.

Ugh Melissa Rycroft:  "My accomplishments are my family, my mirror ball trophy and Breelan making the team".

What did Caila Sims (rookie in season 9) get cut for?

When was Erica's (rookie season 9) lawsuit?

I don't think Viv ever tried out again. Oh I couldn't stand Melissa in season 9. We had way too much of her. Ha I cringe every time I have to watch her saying there's only a few that have that it quality. Just her expression and the air quotes are annoying. Caila got cut for gaining weight and she had a bad interview moment when they asked her about Trump wanting to build a wall and stuff. She didn't know what was going on there, or didn't know what to say. Erica's lawsuit was in 2018 I think, the year after she was cut in season 12.

• Useful 2

In regards to Kaitlyn...I know some people thought she was gorgeous...but I didn't see it.  Was she pretty? Yes.  Was she the prettiest girl they could take that season? No.  As Judy said about Viv...Kaitlyn wouldn't turn my head if I walked past her in the mall.  She was a ding bat w/ memory issues and I thought she'd be an ambassador risk, especially since she couldn't even follow a simple request from the DIRECTOR of the team about not spray tanning before the squad photo.  She wasn't a great dancer either.  That combo should have kept her off the squad.  Ignoring the email should have gotten her cut immediately. 

• Love 6
On 1/15/2020 at 3:42 PM, MelissaMinion said:

Ok, this is a wishing question. Are there any electronics nerds on the board who can figure out how to record Seasons 1 and 2 from Pluto? There's got to be a way, surely....

According to the Wikipedia list of veterans/rookies per year, yes. She was a rookie in 2007 season, and a vet in 2008, and her name is gone after that. 

Pluto is an application on the xfinity X1 box, so if you know someone with old fashoned dvd or VCR  and comcast they can record the shows it does work. Maybe you can use one those VCR to DVD adapers used to convert taps to dvds but I dont have one of those.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How many people are normally in Show Group and why did K&J allow the three Show Group Rookies to perform before the squad was announced in season 12?

I think Show Group is normally around 16.  I don't know why Kelli allowed it (except to show off Victoria) because she doesn't normally do that.  There was one other time that Kelli did so.  Normally, Show Group rookies perform for the first time at Friends and Family night.  If Show Group is needed before the team is officially announced, it is the veterans who perform.

2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know why Kelli allowed it (except to show off Victoria) because she doesn't normally do that.

This was the year Kalyssa Singleton was a rookie.  Not Victoria's rookie season.  Also the season Christina made it as a rookie

Added something.
36 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How many people are normally in Show Group and why did K&J allow the three Show Group Rookies to perform before the squad was announced in season 12?

Wasn't that for the opening of TC at the Star?  Maybe that's why.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wasn't that for the opening of TC at the Star?  Maybe that's why.

Yep it was.  Which surprises me even more that Kelli allowed it with "rookies".

UGH why does Pluto repeat scenes!?

Added something.
1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Yep it was.  Which surprises me even more that Kelli allowed it with "rookies".

Show group is the best of the best.  Besides if I remember correctly, Lauren was right in front of the Jones family and they probably didn't care that she was a rookie😁

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Show group is the best of the best.  Besides if I remember correctly, Lauren was right in front of the Jones family and they probably didn't care that she was a rookie😁

Yeah she was. And I'm sure JJ had NO clue who was a rookie and who was a vet.  Now Charlotte on the other hand since she'd been at rehearsals...

They didn't cut anybody else after Taryn in season 12 right?

Added something.

Question for anyone who knows...not sure if it should be here in past season or current, but I’m watching Pluto so sticking it here! 

it seems some Girls wear more like a tight (dance tights?) on the show, but sometimes I see pictures where there’s a run like panty hose on someone’s leg. Do the tights run or do some wear tights and others wear hose? (See kashara’s right leg here) 

15B37C58-490B-4AFD-B018-3DA86878E93B.jpeg

On 1/17/2020 at 5:58 AM, aeroluv327 said:

Until I was watching her rookie season on Pluto, I had forgotten that she got asked about racy Facebook photos in her panel interview!  She definitely made some poor decisions but not only did they keep her on the team, she was point.

I think if the same thing happened today, they'd cut the girl immediately.  At least I would hope!

I always wondered how she got a pass for those things . She was well known for being quite the party animal too. They turned a blind eye to Whitney I . 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

I always wondered how she got a pass for those things . She was well known for being quite the party animal too. They turned a blind eye to Whitney I . 

There were other gals before Whitney that were known for being party animals and they were on the squad for awhile as well.  But social media was different in those days.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Watching some of Jay's physical fitness challenges, I am really surprised no one got injured going over that wall or running the tires.

Or doing those full sit-ups, that is SOOOO bad for the back!

• Love 4

I'm probably beating a dead horse but...

Okay - so I saw the first season on Pluto the other night.  HOLY HECK how things have changed.  Melissa R-S looked like a goofy little kid (I'm actually confused how she made the team), the girls looked realistic - no crazy extensions/eyelashes/full faces of makeup (a bit refreshing, actually), and the dancing was no where near as good.  

• Love 6
1 minute ago, itsweird said:

I'm probably beating a dead horse but...

Okay - so I saw the first season on Pluto the other night.  HOLY HECK how things have changed.  Melissa R-S looked like a goofy little kid (I'm actually confused how she made the team), the girls looked realistic - no crazy extensions/eyelashes/full faces of makeup (a bit refreshing, actually), and the dancing was no where near as good.  

Yep. The solos were different too. They seemed much more theatrical then. Now, it seems like it’s all about the tricks. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, itsweird said:

the girls looked realistic - no crazy extensions/eyelashes/full faces of makeup (a bit refreshing, actually)

Yet they still looked more glamorous...now they just look made-up.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

There were other gals before Whitney that were known for being party animals and they were on the squad for awhile as well.  But social media was different in those days.

There were also some that got cut (kicked off) for partying like Amy Reese and Jennifer McMahon.

• Love 1

Episode 402:  Again....Minchew sisters...ugh

DCC shot themselves in the foot by taking them even though they both said "this is my first priority" or however they said it.  Reminds me of the time Kelli said she could "tell when my daughter is lying to me".  Oh really?? Geeez.  Also, don't know why Lauren Castillo bothered to show up to finals after her interview answer. "I make the uniform".  REALLY??  And her Solo was just "meh".

Added something.
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 402:  Again....Minchew sisters...ugh

DCC shot themselves in the foot by taking them even though they both said "this is my first priority" or however they said it.  Reminds me of the time Kelli said she could "tell when my daughter is lying to me".  Oh really?? Geeez.  Also, don't know why Lauren Castillo bothered to show up to finals after her interview answer. "I make the uniform".  REALLY??  And her Solo was just "meh".

I always saw that as a bit of a trick question. Ultimately, I think the a answer is probably that both make each other, but if I was forced to pick one, I would say that the girl makes the uniform as opposed to the other way around. Saying that the uniform makes the girl just sounds incredibly shallow - reminds me of the empty suit stereotype. The uniform may be iconic, but it’s just fabric. Idk. I still don’t know, years later, what they wanted from that answer.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I always saw that as a bit of a trick question. Ultimately, I think the a answer is probably that both make each other, but if I was forced to pick one, I would say that the girl makes the uniform as opposed to the other way around. Saying that the uniform makes the girl just sounds incredibly shallow - reminds me of the empty suit stereotype. The uniform may be iconic, but it’s just fabric. Idk. I still don’t know, years later, what they wanted from that answer.

Which do you think contributed more to Lauren's dismissal.  The interview answer or that solo? I don't have a dog in this fight and never had an opinion on Lauren.

When Kelli's talking to Lacey Minchew about "perception":  Wonder how people "perceived" HER when she was a cheerleader?  Still blows my mind that they took the Minchews over other people after they admitted that they both had pageant obligations.

ETA- Have I mentioned how much I HATE Kitty!?

Added something.
  • Love 3