Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've never listened to what she said.  I just fast forward thru her part:)  I know there is something about smiling, not smiling - something like that.

I was never the smiley cheerleader, I was the one who "laid down the law."  🙄  She went on to say it was ok to not be smiley, even though it's always preached to them about "pleasant pretty smiles." I mean, I don't dislike her, but come on.

2 hours ago, go4luca said:
6 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

And I swear if I see that James Franco commercial one more time......UGH

I have to leave the room when that god awful thing comes on.

When commercials come on, the mute comes on.  The one that makes me itch is MTV's Cribs..."We made it ma, top of the WOOORRRRLLLDDD"

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Seems few people know  (on the forum at least) that Tina is often referred by alumni as one of the greatest group leaders they ever had back when she cheered and she was also the assistant to DCC director in the 90’s.  

Thank you I needed a good laugh this morning 😂😂😂 This was a joke right? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

When commercials come on, the mute comes on. 

Same in most cases.  But the James Franco one where he's going at himself on the mirror while grunting like he's shagging someone....#Nope.  Can't even watch and I'm no prude.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

Why do the guest choreographers come in to teach a new dance and look like they slept in an alleyway?  Tyce Diorio (however it’s spelled) and his assistant looked like hobos. To me it doesn’t make their routine look good at all. Another one that has come several times with a jacket tied to their waist.  Just curious on everyone’s thoughts on this. 

Yep, the hobo trend with a contoured face trend needs to die...along with sexy hips. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was never the smiley cheerleader, I was the one who "laid down the law."  🙄  She went on to say it was ok to not be smiley, even though it's always preached to them about "pleasant pretty smiles." I mean, I don't dislike her, but come on.

When commercials come on, the mute comes on.  The one that makes me itch is MTV's Cribs..."We made it ma, top of the WOOORRRRLLLDDD"

I like The Hills commercial when the blonde makes weird faces. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Watching Ep 208.  How many times did that girl Kimber say "sucks" when she was being interviewed by CMT?  IMO she should have been cut way before she was.

Also do you guys (and gals) think that Kelli wanting to "reevaluate" Kelly Jo and Loni's kicks was a "setup" and they had already decided on the final squad?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
formatting
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching Ep 208.  How many times did that girl Kimber say "sucks" when she was being interviewed by CMT?  IMO she should have been cut way before she was.

Also do you guys (and gals) think that Kelli wanting to "reevaluate" Kelly Jo and Loni's kicks was a "setup" and they had already decided on the final squad?

It's possible. This is my favorite way they have announced the squad though. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Because Mommy is the Choreographer

14 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Because Mommy is the Choreographer

When she is named a group leader in season 6, Judy says she doesn't think people respect that Cassie made it on her own, and now being named GL, she has moved past that.  Uh huh.

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

It was just on Pluto an episode or two ago. That was pretty convenient wasn't it?

Yeah I knew it was in the season that was currently playing on Pluto when I posted the question but I couldn't tell if I'd missed it or not. 🙂

18 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Just saw the Taylor, Cassie, Ally squab. Ally Traylorpark was the most annoying out of them all. I am not sure why everyone hated on Cassie. 

Ally Traylorpark.  Love it !

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

In the swimsuit calendar episodes when the girls are changing suits on location there's always at least one guy on the crew just staring straight over the towel they're holding up. It irritates me so much. Like, have half an ounce of decency, please.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

In the swimsuit calendar episodes when the girls are changing suits on location there's always at least one guy on the crew just staring straight over the towel they're holding up. It irritates me so much. Like, have half an ounce of decency, please.

Like, they really can't afford to put up one of those tiny cabanas or whatever they are called??

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Like, they really can't afford to put up one of those tiny cabanas or whatever they are called??

Seriously. They look so uncomfortable. Not sure why it was deemed necessary to film someone changing, either.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Chelsea understood Cassie so well? Hmmm...lol and what's with calling a person a human like that? Haha idk

One of the interesting things about re-watching old seasons is seeing who the girls were close to on the show compared to real life now.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Chelsea Elizabeth Chaney (paraphrasing: "I talked my way onto the squad and I'll be here until they ask me to leave") just ugh.

And she was! 🤣

• LOL 8

Chiming in on Whitney. I thought she was a great dancer. I also thought she was a good point, but I always thought her look was so basic. I never understood why she was basically allowed to slide by and be the “it girl” after the lil Wayne costume drama, especially given that it actually did cause negative press for the DCCs, unlike some of the other things that we’ve seen girls get punished or cut for. Squeaky voice aside, I always thought Brittany was up there with Whitney in terms of performance, and since they came in at the same time and both were blonde, not sure why Whitney was the “it girl” over her. 

• Love 5

Hello, friends!  I'm one of those people who recently discovered this show through Pluto TV, and I've been watching it in a haphazard fashion.  I have so many questions...

There is a scene that I've seen multiple times and it always confuses me.  There is a candidate named Ashley (I think), who is called into the office along with her group leader, Emma.  Emma goes in first and is asked about Ashley's attitude.  Emma says Ashley is great, everyone loves her, and she really wants her to make the team.  Then, K & J call Ashley in and tell her they have heard she is arrogant, stuck-up, cold, etc .  ???  It's the exact opposite of what Emma just said about her.  K & J also say they spoke to her "former dance instructors."  How far back into these girls' lives do they go?

Also, has the show ever received backlash for the body standards they impose on the girls?  I noticed that in the first season, they measured the girls' body fat by making them get into a tank of water.  They were telling girls with 14 or 15% body fat that that was perfect, and telling girls who were in the 20% range that they needed to lose weight.  Then I saw season 4, where they measured body fat by some kind of scan and they were telling girls that the ideal for a woman their age was 22-24%.  They actually told a girl who was at 15% that she should probably gain weight.  Why such a big change?  (Not that I'm complaining about it.  I still feel mad at that skank who pinched one of the candidates and told her "you don't want to put THIS BODy into THAT UNIFORM."  Ugh).

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching Season 11 Episode 8:  Can someone that knows more than me about international visas explain what the issue with Yuko performing the pregame in the first home game was?  Shouldn't she have been totally "legal" to perform by AUDITIONS?

It probably had to do with her visa status and what type of visa she had. If she entered on a tourist visa, she could audition because they aren’t paid at that point. Once she made TC and became a TCC (where they are actually paid - even if it’s a paltry amount), she had to apply to get her visa changed so she could work as a foreign national. Sometimes those visas take time to come in, and often the petitioner has to return to their originating country and re-enter under the new visa. 

Edited to add a little bit more info:

I don't work in immigration services - although the work that I do do (lol @ doodoo cause I’m apparently a 12 year old boy), I often deal with individuals who have B1/B2 visas and often switch to other visas depending on the circumstances. B1 are for individuals who have business in the US but are being paid by their employers in their home countries, and B2 are for vacationers essentially. Neither of those 2 categories are permitted to earn a wage in the US. So I’m just speaking from experiences and very generally....

I truly have no clue what happened with Yuko, but would hazard to say she was on B1B2 tourist meaning she couldn’t earn a wage and had an expiration date to her stay. Once she made TC, she would have to get her visa changed to a work permitted visa, and maybe she just didn’t do it in time. Again I don’t really know what the deal was but that is how I interpreted it. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Season 10 Episode 6, show group auditions. Kelli says Jinelle is not as strong that year, but Katy (Jinelle’s current fiancé) says to put her on anyway because overall package is good (I assume being well spoken, good on appearances, reliable, etc.) Some one then asks about Angela. Katy comments Angela has turned down appearances. In the end, Jinelle makes show group and Angela does not. Now that I know about Katy and Jinelle’s relationship, I am wondering if Katy didn’t push for her just because that would mean Jinelle would be in attendance at all the USO tours etc. I like Jinelle a lot, but still. Anyone ever consider this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

It probably had to do with her visa status and what type of visa she had. If she entered on a tourist visa, she could audition because they aren’t paid at that point. Once she made TC and became a TCC (where they are actually paid - even if it’s a paltry amount), she had to apply to get her visa changed so she could work as a foreign national. Sometimes those visas take time to come in, and often the petitioner has to return to their originating country and re-enter under the new visa. 

Edited to add a little bit more info:

I don't work in immigration services - although the work that I do do (lol @ doodoo cause I’m apparently a 12 year old boy), I often deal with individuals who have B1/B2 visas and often switch to other visas depending on the circumstances. B1 are for individuals who have business in the US but are being paid by their employers in their home countries, and B2 are for vacationers essentially. Neither of those 2 categories are permitted to earn a wage in the US. So I’m just speaking from experiences and very generally....

I truly have no clue what happened with Yuko, but would hazard to say she was on B1B2 tourist meaning she couldn’t earn a wage and had an expiration date to her stay. Once she made TC, she would have to get her visa changed to a work permitted visa, and maybe she just didn’t do it in time. Again I don’t really know what the deal was but that is how I interpreted it. 

I wonder if her husband is an American citizen (works in the US). If he is then wouldn't she become one too?

Also when Angela first auditioned she probably had to get a different Visa once she made the team. Jinnelle too.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

When I looked into visas when I thought about auditioning myself, it was an absolute minefield. Different countries offer different visas and the British ones are super strict. You basically have to be sponsored by a company to get a work visa. I gave up researching because it was so complicated!

I believe Jinelle and Angela both travelled on student visas to begin with before applying for a different visas after 3 years. Unsure about Yuko but it seems like she was on a temporary travel visa and didn't realise she couldn't be a DCC unless she could get a work visa.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder if her husband is an American citizen (works in the US). If he is then wouldn't she become one too?

Also when Angela first auditioned she probably had to get a different Visa once she made the team. Jinnelle too.

5 hours ago, kalibean said:

There are quite a few Japanese nationals working in the MLB, so wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a green card holder.  I wonder how they connected? They seem super happy, and beautiful wedding pics. 

5 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

When I looked into visas when I thought about auditioning myself, it was an absolute minefield. Different countries offer different visas and the British ones are super strict. You basically have to be sponsored by a company to get a work visa. I gave up researching because it was so complicated!

I believe Jinelle and Angela both travelled on student visas to begin with before applying for a different visas after 3 years. Unsure about Yuko but it seems like she was on a temporary travel visa and didn't realise she couldn't be a DCC unless she could get a work visa.

So Jinelle and Angela are Australians. Australians, Brits, Canadians, and Kiwis do not need any type of visa to enter the US as tourists. I think you are correct @DCC-UK that Angela came on a student visa, but she would need a work permit nonetheless to be a DCC. If, say, she wanted to work on that student visa, she would be permitted as long as it was affiliated with the school. (Side note: how awesome would it be @DCC-UK if you came over on a student visa to go to school, majored in dance, and used DCC as a paid internship as part of your major?)

I have no clue about Jinelle. 

Also when you marry a citizen of the United States, you still need to go through the whole quagmire that is the immigration [Edited to clarify: “naturalization” in place of “immigration”] process (Source on that: my cousin who married a German citizen. When I texted her ask, she said “Dude. I just came on shift [she’s a Labor & Delivery nurse]. I don’t have time explain that shit. It’s complicated.”) 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Yuko looked gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. I loved her dress. Loved that video. Love her. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 6

There's a youtube video from 2006 about the TB Bucs cheerleaders. A Japanese girl named Tomoko whose auditioning for her 2nd or 3rd year  She says if she doesn't make the team, she would have to go back to Japan. She was on  a entertainment visa. 

19 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Also, has the show ever received backlash for the body standards they impose on the girls?  I noticed that in the first season, they measured the girls' body fat by making them get into a tank of water.  They were telling girls with 14 or 15% body fat that that was perfect, and telling girls who were in the 20% range that they needed to lose weight.  Then I saw season 4, where they measured body fat by some kind of scan and they were telling girls that the ideal for a woman their age was 22-24%.  They actually told a girl who was at 15% that she should probably gain weight.  Why such a big change?  (Not that I'm complaining about it.  I still feel mad at that skank who pinched one of the candidates and told her "you don't want to put THIS BODy into THAT UNIFORM."  Ugh).

One of my fav scenes is (not sure what season) when the doctor lady is reviewing the fat scan results w/Jay and a tcc. Doctor lady says her scan was good, maybe 1% higher than it should be, but doctor lady is not worried about her health at all. And Jay is all “but blah blah uniform”.  I laugh every time. 

3 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Season 10 Episode 6, show group auditions. Kelli says Jinelle is not as strong that year, but Katy (Jinelle’s current fiancé) says to put her on anyway because overall package is good (I assume being well spoken, good on appearances, reliable, etc.) Some one then asks about Angela. Katy comments Angela has turned down appearances. In the end, Jinelle makes show group and Angela does not. Now that I know about Katy and Jinelle’s relationship, I am wondering if Katy didn’t push for her just because that would mean Jinelle would be in attendance at all the USO tours etc. I like Jinelle a lot, but still. Anyone ever consider this?

I don’t think we know when they got together. So 🤷🏻‍♀️.  I’d like to think they kept everything professional. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Hello, friends!  I'm one of those people who recently discovered this show through Pluto TV, and I've been watching it in a haphazard fashion.  I have so many questions...

At that time, the CMT forums as well as the Television Without Pity (often abbreviated as TWOP here) forums were all live and active. The TWOP in particular were brutal towards Kelli, Judy, and Jay regarding the body shaming. Yet, just as there was backlash there was just as much support. I recall there being a pretty vigorous discussion regarding the sign in Meredith Oden’s bathroom (the infamous “No Cheating When Eating, You Want To Be Skinny” sign). 

Those forums were brutal when Cassie became a DCC. They ended the same year Danielle and Jasmine from the NY Jets became DCC. That’s when I stopped following. I needed a break. 

• Love 1

watching s14 for the first time, and i'm so annoyed i finally decided to make an account after lurking for months lol.

i've never been more annoyed with a cheerleader EVER than i am with meredith. she is crying literally every episode. she sucks. this is not her style, plain and simple. she's not a cheerleader, but she and they keep forcing it. it's just not realistic. this really is her season, huh? she can't blend in the amount of time they have. it's such a different style, and she's outdanced by literally everyone else there as is. if she weren't so beautiful they would've gotten rid of her a long time ago. does she get better? i'm on ep 11 i think, i cannot believe she made the team. it's ridiculous. i am so damn sick of seeing her sob.

any time she actually did half decent and K or J would point it out and everyone clapped, it was like everyone was trying to make a little kid feel better

when kelli cries about meredith saying her future is in their hands...i'm pretty sure many girls have said that before. she acts like this is so deep and has never been stated...lol. seriously?

s13 victoria was a trainwreck in every way, holy crap. don't need to elaborate on that because i see how hot a topic this was on this forum. BUT i am shocked at how much i'm enjoying s14 victoria. she's actually such a powerful and great dancer, she's so much more mature and levelheaded, her body looks better obviously (i totally feel for her weight struggles, she looked fine before just not cheerleader thin, of course), and i can see her making the team on her own and not just because of her connections...which, if she made it last year, wouldn't have been the case. 

can we talk about how briana had the weirdest, most under-the-radar comeback of anyone ever on this show? she tried out one season, didn't make it to training camp, then comes back and makes the team and gets maybe one talking head the entire season? and on s14 maybe one talking head again? so strange. she really toned up and is so beautiful. i'm really glad she made the team. also love that she and brennan (my #1 fave) are bffs ❤️

i can't believe kat made the team either. more believable than meredith but still. she got better at the end but still...and the hairline of her wigs is so bad. why didn't they fix that 

• Love 4

Just saw the Cassie "asthma attack" episode (304) on CMT.  Does anyone remember who was sitting on the floor in street clothes when Kelli was calling girls to the office after that?

When Kelli doesn't like you for whatever reason you're gone. (Cutting Brandi Kilby).

Side Note (because I can't watch the next episode right now):  Can we PLEASE continue to NOT have Kitty around?  

Side note #2:  Do the girls have to talk to CMT cameras after their office visit?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
13 hours ago, vanillagum said:

watching s14 for the first time, and i'm so annoyed i finally decided to make an account after lurking for months lol.

i've never been more annoyed with a cheerleader EVER than i am with meredith. she is crying literally every episode. she sucks. this is not her style, plain and simple. she's not a cheerleader, but she and they keep forcing it. it's just not realistic. this really is her season, huh? she can't blend in the amount of time they have. it's such a different style, and she's outdanced by literally everyone else there as is. if she weren't so beautiful they would've gotten rid of her a long time ago. does she get better? i'm on ep 11 i think, i cannot believe she made the team. it's ridiculous. i am so damn sick of seeing her sob.

any time she actually did half decent and K or J would point it out and everyone clapped, it was like everyone was trying to make a little kid feel better

when kelli cries about meredith saying her future is in their hands...i'm pretty sure many girls have said that before. she acts like this is so deep and has never been stated...lol. seriously?

s13 victoria was a trainwreck in every way, holy crap. don't need to elaborate on that because i see how hot a topic this was on this forum. BUT i am shocked at how much i'm enjoying s14 victoria. she's actually such a powerful and great dancer, she's so much more mature and levelheaded, her body looks better obviously (i totally feel for her weight struggles, she looked fine before just not cheerleader thin, of course), and i can see her making the team on her own and not just because of her connections...which, if she made it last year, wouldn't have been the case. 

can we talk about how briana had the weirdest, most under-the-radar comeback of anyone ever on this show? she tried out one season, didn't make it to training camp, then comes back and makes the team and gets maybe one talking head the entire season? and on s14 maybe one talking head again? so strange. she really toned up and is so beautiful. i'm really glad she made the team. also love that she and brennan (my #1 fave) are bffs ❤️

i can't believe kat made the team either. more believable than meredith but still. she got better at the end but still...and the hairline of her wigs is so bad. why didn't they fix that 

We the viewers are only seeing a small fraction of what goes on during TC. Who's to say other TCC were not also called out several times and cried as well? 

15 hours ago, dariafan said:

Rob Lowe didn’t need a roast.  His sons do an awesome job on his Instagram 🤣

season 2: I would kill to be 138 again 

Say what? 

14 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I'm from Tennessee so I was happy when Brianna made it last year.... I too am wondering why no real air time for her ... when I watch for her in the background she seems like a solid dancer ... I guess no way CMT can make drama ...good for her 😉 

• Love 7