Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Ugh. Watching the current episode.  Anybody that auditions should watch past seasons of the show if only to learn Kelli's "M.O."..

Kelli (to Erin S her first time auditioning, or any TCC for that matter) "We need talk about where we are" = you're getting cut.

Almost makes me wonder if CMT has "scripted" her to say that because she does it almost, if not every time she cuts someone.

You mean like:

Clarity 

Disconnect 

She's in hair-shock, color-shock, field-shock, kickline-shock et al.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/1/2020 at 11:59 AM, dotdot 37 said:

watched 108 and i have a question about the end of year dinner where Kelly said that alumni who had contributed and influenced the team were invited to talk and share with the girls and there was TK so tell me what she did that was so great that she got invited

Gave birth to the most bestest wonderful DCC ever!  Snerk. 

(Waiting for the Lone Rangers to show up!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

The more I watch season 12 the more I'm thinking "Why the hell didn't Kelli just cut Jenna and Holly and be done with it?".

She "demoted" Jenna basically and that was it.  Holly was smart to quit before she could get cut.

I think it's pretty straightforward. It's a dance team, and they were basically her two best dancers on what was a pretty weak team. If they were mediocre dancers, it may well have been a different story. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Pluto currently showing Season 1! I thought it might be Season 2, but confirmed via Wiki. Maybe one day we’ll get the special. 

First appearance of Megan Flaherty and Kali Fuller, and rookie year for Andrea Rogers, Brooke Sorenson, Carrie Stilwell, Deryn Derbigny, Dulce Rosales, Jennifer Nix, Julie Jacobs, Kandi Harris, Kristin Hager, Leah Mullinax, Melissa Rycroft, Tobie Percival, and Yoshiko Danjo.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, kalibean said:

Pluto currently showing Season 1!

Season 1 is ALWAYS  the one I happen to tune in for.  The brave Natalie Woods pushing through her serious illness head cold 😞 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Season 1 is ALWAYS  the one I happen to tune in for.  The brave Natalie Woods pushing through her serious illness head cold 😞 

But she planned to SING and she had to quickly learn a dance...the struggle was so real. 

Meanwhile, Daryn is there with her great attitude and casually mentioning her entire family and life being uprooted because of Hurricane Katrina. 

Errrrrrbody has problems, but they certainly aren’t created equally! I like Natalie Woods and of course being sick is a bummer, but it does make me chuckle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Phoebe on Friends sang better with a head cold.  Maybe Natalie could have tried it:)

She probably would have sounded better than Starr Spangler from the previous year.

• LOL 5
37 minutes ago, kalibean said:

But she planned to SING and she had to quickly learn a dance...the struggle was so real. 

Meanwhile, Daryn is there with her great attitude and casually mentioning her entire family and life being uprooted because of Hurricane Katrina. 

Errrrrrbody has problems, but they certainly aren’t created equally! I like Natalie Woods and of course being sick is a bummer, but it does make me chuckle. 

I loved Deryn...I would have loved to have seen her stay several years! 🙂 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

Pluto currently showing Season 1! I thought it might be Season 2, but confirmed via Wiki. Maybe one day we’ll get the special. 

First appearance of Megan Flaherty and Kali Fuller, and rookie year for Andrea Rogers, Brooke Sorenson, Carrie Stilwell, Deryn Derbigny, Dulce Rosales, Jennifer Nix, Julie Jacobs, Kandi Harris, Kristin Hager, Leah Mullinax, Melissa Rycroft, Tobie Percival, and Yoshiko Danjo.

It scares me how familiar all those names are too me, even after all these years. I remember the girls who were cut in the first 4 seasons better than the girls on the current team.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

It scares me how familiar all those names are too me, even after all these years. I remember the girls who were cut in the first 4 seasons better than the girls on the current team.

30 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

She was one of my all time favorites!  Her wedding got a beautiful write-up a few years ago, it looked like a total fairy tale.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/society/11-10-17-wedding-derbigny-toulson-meyerson-donnie-brown-cowboys-cheerleader/#slide=0 

As beautiful as that was, is it bad that what I took away from that is that In-N-Out has a burger truck and I want it?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

As beautiful as that was, is it bad that what I took away from that is that In-N-Out has a burger truck and I want it?

My neighbor brought in four food trucks for his daughter's wedding - the guests loved it!!  Eat what you want, when you want.  

6 hours ago, kalibean said:

I like Natalie Woods and of course being sick is a bummer, but it does make me chuckle.

Used to like her until she was on that podcast with Jay and Kitty.  She was criticizing the DCC for wanting pay raises.  Cause in her day, you did this for the love of performing - not for the money.  I don't think you can compare what it was like being on the squad in 2007, during the early years of the show to what it is like now.  Plus, she had a hubby to help with the bills.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

My neighbor brought in four food trucks for his daughter's wedding - the guests loved it!!  Eat what you want, when you want.  

Used to like her until she was on that podcast with Jay and Kitty.  She was criticizing the DCC for wanting pay raises.  Cause in her day, you did this for the love of performing - not for the money.  I don't think you can compare what it was like being on the squad in 2007, during the early years of the show to what it is like now.  Plus, she had a hubby to help with the bills.

YESSSSSSS I can't stand her or Melissa. Melissa said something similar. Just because you two were too stupid/lazy to fight for more money doesn't mean the women now shouldn't earn a decent wage. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

YESSSSSSS I can't stand her or Melissa. Melissa said something similar. Just because you two were too stupid/lazy to fight for more money doesn't mean the women now shouldn't earn a decent wage. 

Jay said something too.  But anyone who is still under the DCC payroll isn't going to say anything positive about it.  I don't even think Kelli made a statement.

• Love 1

Wel, here’s the infamous Taylor/Cassie/Ally scene. What stands out to me more though is that earlier in the video (beginning around 3:50), Taylor gets completely outclassed by Alexandria in terms of dance. Whenever someone questions what it means to be outdanced, this video would be a good reference point. Some of it is that Taylor didn’t seem to know the steps and Alexandria clearly did, but regardless, it’s kind of embarrassing (for Taylor).

9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Wtf is Judy wearing?  Talk about cutouts. This doesn’t look like business attire to me. (Season 6-episode 2) Her hair is on point as always.

4AD59040-1C66-4FA6-8965-051441613586.jpeg

Looks like an evening gown. The part above her bust fits terrible because of the skin overhang (AKA muffin top).

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Wel, here’s the infamous Taylor/Cassie/Ally scene. What stands out to me more though is that earlier in the video (beginning around 3:50), Taylor gets completely outclassed by Alexandria in terms of dance. Whenever someone questions what it means to be outdanced, this video would be a good reference point. Some of it is that Taylor didn’t seem to know the steps and Alexandria clearly did, but regardless, it’s kind of embarrassing (for Taylor).

I noticed that too. I believe Alexandria was a former Cleveland Cavs Dancer.

Karissa wasn't doing any better either. I think she just didn't have enough dance experience and was only on that one minor league dance team.

Cassie rocking back & forth @ 4:58 looked like she was having  a mental breakdown. I know she wanted to say something but looked ridiculous. Then she and butt kisser Ally threw Taylor under the bus.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I noticed that too. I believe Alexandria was a former Cleveland Cavs Dancer.

Karissa wasn't doing any better either. I think she just didn't have enough dance experience and was only on that one minor league dance team.

Cassie rocking back & forth @ 4:58 looked like she was having  a mental breakdown. I know she wanted to say something but looked ridiculous. Then she and butt kisser Ally threw Taylor under the bus.

Yep, that’s what bothered me the most. I believe that Taylor had bragged about not practicing, and Taylor definitely didn’t know the dances. That’s a legit criticism from Cassie, but the rocking back and forth and hands on her cheeks just made her look childish. Just speak up and say what you have to say.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, that’s what bothered me the most. I believe that Taylor had bragged about not practicing, and Taylor definitely didn’t know the dances. That’s a legit criticism from Cassie, but the rocking back and forth and hands on her cheeks just made her look childish. Just speak up and say what you have to say.

I don't think Cassie (and Ally) should have called her out. She could've reported it to Kelli and then Kelli call Taylor in and talk to her. I just don't like when women do that to each other. I've  worked at jobs where my co-workers have done it at dept meetings.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't think Cassie (and Ally) should have called her out. She could've reported it to Kelli and then Kelli call Taylor in and talk to her. I just don't like when women do that to each other. I've  worked at jobs where my co-workers have done it at dept meetings.

And the fact that Judy ENCOURAGED Cassie to speak up....ugh

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

This scene will always be endlessly fascinating to me. IMO, what should have happened, is that Cassie or Ally - as DCC leaders - should have addressed it immediately and privately with Taylor if really that much of an issue/problem in their small group or in the larger squad as a whole. To me, if it was such an issue that Cassie couldn’t physically contain herself, it was something that very well could have (and SHOULD HAVE) been addressed much sooner and in an one-on-one session with her Group “Leader.” 

But it is entirely evident to me that DCC is not actually developing leaders. But just girls who can keep count and keep bunch of other girls in step. Sometimes. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

But it is entirely evident to me that DCC is not actually developing leaders. But just girls who can keep count and keep bunch of other girls in step. Sometimes. 

I still think they do more than we think they do - running practices, teaching and cleaning up dances, working with rookies on learning the DCC way, dealing with concerns and issues, etc.  Didn't Milan say in her podcast you go thru the leaders first before you email K&J?  And it doesn't seem as though K&J respond all that fast.  I feel that while K&J do care about the girls, it is first and foremost a business.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Was it just me who thought Judy sounded a little annoyed when she asked Cassie if she had something to say?

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

IMO, what should have happened, is that Cassie or Ally - as DCC leaders - should have addressed it immediately and privately with Taylor if really that much of an issue/problem in their small group or in the larger squad as a whole.

Definitely.  You don't bounce up & down like a kid who has to pee and gang up on her in front of the whole group.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I still think they do more than we think they do - running practices, teaching and cleaning up dances, working with rookies on learning the DCC way, dealing with concerns and issues, etc.  Didn't Milan say in her podcast you go thru the leaders first before you email K&J?  And it doesn't seem as though K&J respond all that fast.  I feel that while K&J do care about the girls, it is first and foremost a business.

I think you are right. I’m just being a little snarky. And granted, I’m a 42 year old woman with a career that has afforded me the opportunity to take a lot of leadership training as well as the opportunity to actually use the training. I wish the DCC leadership positions did the same - not just manage things but actually lead. I mean, maybe they do and this situation - possibly due to the personalities involved - just devolved into a cat fight instead. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Depending on the situation, if I had been in Cassie’s position, and I either:

1. Overheard Taylor boast that she didn’t need to practice full well knowing that Taylor didn’t know the dances, I probably would have either done an immediate on the spot correction or pulled her aside for a private conversation.

Or 2. If the other girls brought it to my attention that Taylor had made these comments, I would have evaluated Taylor’s dancing during the small group practice (since we know this happens even though we don’t see it on CMT:MTT) to see if what I observed corroborated the girls’ statements. And then had a private conversation with her (even if their statements were proven to be baseless, at least let her know that she was rubbing some of the girls the wrong way...I mean, these are your sisters! 😋).

If, at that point, Taylor still didn’t take Cassies direction/corrections and was still messing up and getting called out by K&J, it is then time for Cassie to request a one-on-one with K&J, first line supervisor to second line supervisor, then progress to meetings with K&J, Cassie AND Taylor from there. 

I could go on and on. I actually managed our probationary training program for a bit (hence why I took lots of leadership training), but it’s boring and no one really cares. But it is why I find this particular slice of behind the DCC curtain so fascinating. I know these are young woman, some barely out of high school, so expecting decorum and professional courtesy may be a bit much, but if you are going to claim to be world-class, then actually BE world-class.  

With alllll that being said, I found Taylor annoying and I’d have booted her out too. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Spellings fun! Stay in skool!
  • Love 8
On 9/17/2019 at 6:42 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

Kelli (sternly): “I think you’ve been partying.”

Chels (wide-eyed) : “OH NO! NO! Not me. I’ve been at church. Every day. Yep. Church. Helping orphans.”

Kelli (disbelieving): “Oh...so you aren’t out drinking?”

Chels (now bugged eyed): “Welll...uh...alcohol...uh....never heard of it. I mean mayyyybe on the weekends? I’m sorry what was the question?” 

(I’m paraphrasing but that scene always makes me laugh). 

Yes, I’m quoting myself. But this scene is coming up and it’s one of my all-time favorites!

• LOL 5

I could go on and on. I actually managed our probationary training program for a bit (hence why I took lots of leadership training), but it’s boring and no one really cares.

Wish you had been my former manager:)  It's hard to be an assistant manager working for a guy who liked to throw his title around, but not do the job.  But yes totally agree, the whole situation should have been handled differently by Cassie, and by Judy.

I used to stick up for Cassie, but learning over the years what she was like as a DCC, I don't defend her as much.  She claims her actions were a result of her age and thinking she was "too cool for school", but I think they were a result of being a spoiled brat with an indulgent mother.  

I know these are young woman, some barely out of high school, so expecting decorum and professional courtesy may be a bit much, but if you are going to claim to be world-class, then actually BE world-class.  

Well, when Kitty, Kelli and Judy act like "mean girls" decorum and professional courtesy does tend to go out the door.  As much as I want a former DCC to do a podcast, I would love to hear from former CMT employees what was really going on during filming.

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Wish you had been my former manager:)  It's hard to be an assistant manager working for a guy who liked to throw his title around, but not do the job.  But yes totally agree, the whole situation should have been handled differently by Cassie, and by Judy.

I used to stick up for Cassie, but learning over the years what she was like as a DCC, I don't defend her as much.  She claims her actions were a result of her age and thinking she was "too cool for school", but I think they were a result of being a spoiled brat with an indulgent mother.  

Well, when Kitty, Kelli and Judy act like "mean girls" decorum and professional courtesy does tend to go out the door.  As much as I want a former DCC to do a podcast, I would love to hear from former CMT employees what was really going on during filming.

36 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think the other DCC chastising Taylor was way worse than Cassie.   Maybe Cassie fully intended to handle it privately after class but Mom convinced her to do otherwise.

Aw, thanks! I really learned so much about training and professional development while I was in that position. Although I’m back in the field now, I've realized that it really helped me develop my own basic job task skills and subsequently be better at my job. And quite honestly, learn how to be a better colleague/coworker. Which my new coworkers probably wont ever even appreciate!

100% agree! Cassie just took cues on how to act from her own leadership while Ally had no business chiming in. Especially since Ally’s comments did not add any value to the conversation. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Sorry for all the typos. Running on 3 hours sleep since Friday morning!
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I’d read a tell all behind the scenes book in a heartbeat. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think the other DCC chastising Taylor was way worse than Cassie.   

YES!  I have always thought Cassie took way more grief for this than necessary.  It was Ally who told her to say “yes ma’am”. Cassie was just calling her out on her bad dancing... which was REALLY bad! 😂😂😂🙈🙈

• Love 5
21 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

The DCC sitting beside Cassie in this moment had such the WTF expression on her face as she watched Cassie!  Who was that?  Her expression was priceless!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

The DCC sitting beside Cassie in this moment had such the WTF expression on her face as she watched Cassie!  Who was that?  Her expression was priceless!

I think it was Whitney Isleib. I haven't seen the scene in awhile but she's the one I remember looking at Cassie while she was shaking and stuff. Lol

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Added more
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Is this Brittany Evans?

image.png.5203b9519f6508f16f49daf9d87a7668.png

29 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I think it was Whitney Isleib. I haven't seen the scene in awhile but she's the one I remember looking at Cassie while she was shaking and stuff. Lol

While Cassie was talking Brittany Evans was giving her that same look.

• Love 1