Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching the first episode of season 10...

Is it totally sad that I recognize multiple ladies that have auditioned repeatedly (and mostly not made it)?

If it’s sad, at least you’re in excellent company! It’s one of the best parts of watching old episodes IMO. It’s a spray tanned, pouty haired version of where’s Waldo 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching the first episode of season 10...

Is it totally sad that I recognize multiple ladies that have auditioned repeatedly (and mostly not made it)?

Nope, not sad at all IMO! 😊 I love doing rewatches of old seasons!! 😊 And I'm the exact same with recognising familiar faces, my latest find - one of my favourites, Chantel (with straight hair), in Season 5's finals! I knew she auditioned in season 6 but didn't notice her brief appearance before in season 5! 😊

4 hours ago, kalibean said:

If it’s sad, at least you’re in excellent company! It’s one of the best parts of watching old episodes IMO. It’s a spray tanned, pouty haired version of where’s Waldo 😂

Totally agree that it is one of the best parts of rewatches! 😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I was watching Season 3 last night and there's a moment during rehearsal where Kandi (who was a vet by then) is sitting on the floor with the other girls wearing jeans and a casual top. It was like a split second. That surprised me because usually even if they are sick or really injured (Tessa and Rachel LeAnn come to mind) and just watching rehearsal, they have to wear rehearsal attire.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I was watching Season 3 last night and there's a moment during rehearsal where Kandi (who was a vet by then) is sitting on the floor with the other girls wearing jeans and a casual top. It was like a split second. That surprised me because usually even if they are sick or really injured (Tessa and Rachel LeAnn come to mind) and just watching rehearsal, they have to wear rehearsal attire.

If I'm remembering it right, she had lower back surgery??  A cyst on her spine?  So that is probably why.  This was in the days of CMT boards and TWOP so who knows if this is correct.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thanks.  Do you remember which episode?

The one that is airing right now.  

And I still don't understand why Hannah wasn't given the opportunity to participate in My Fit Foods like Veronica, Brittney, and Courtney!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

And I still don't understand why Hannah wasn't given the opportunity to participate in My Fit Foods like Veronica, Brittney, and Courtney!!!

7 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

No I'm not sure but it wasn't very long into the the season so. Idk if it was the same episode as uniform fittings. Okay I just looked actually. Lol it is episode 4 with the uniform fittings. 

Thanks.  Just saw her cut.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

Me neither! I thought the others looked just as "heavy" if not heavier than her, but they got a chance and time. How would they know that those girls would get the weight off but Hannah wouldn't? But people have said it looked like Kelli didn't like her anymore and the other girls had more years on the squad and blah blah blah. Idk they just pick and choose who they give chances to and who they cut.

• Love 4

I've said it before and I'll say it again watching old seasons on Pluto - COLBY should have made the team. Melissa was pulling for her. "The fans" were pulling for her. Girl had it. And Kelli extinguished it because she was just a little too far outside that DCC mold. I'd argue to this day that Colby had an audience and she would have been a fringe favorite like Maddie has become. Of all the unjust cut girls (including Liz Reuter and Grace Sells, two more unjust "thick" cuts by which Colby was the opposite), she still stands out to me. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, PollyHowell said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again watching old seasons on Pluto - COLBY should have made the team. Melissa was pulling for her. "The fans" were pulling for her. Girl had it.

Something about her was "off."  Plus she way was too skinny.  Even skinnier than Gina.

And she didn't look "fresh, young and innocent."

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Something about her was "off."  Plus she way was too skinny.  Even skinnier than Gina.

And she didn't look "fresh, young and innocent."

She looked so much older compared to the rest of that group and her lip injections did nothing to help her (and if I remember correctly, she admitted they went overboard).  She's the only person they've said was basically too skinny for the uniform ...or was there one other? (shy little Emily maybe?) However, she seemed really nice and it seems that some of the girls still follow her IG account.  What really irked me about her being cut, was they just had to make sure she knew that she was the only one out of the the fan faves that wouldn't have made TC on her own accord.  That was hurtful, and they were going to cut her regardless, I just didn't see the need for that to be brought up. 😞 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

She looked so much older compared to the rest of that group and her lip injections did nothing to help her (and if I remember correctly, she admitted they went overboard).  She's the only person they've said was basically too skinny for the uniform ...or was there one other? (shy little Emily maybe?) However, she seemed really nice and it seems that some of the girls still follow her IG account.  What really irked me about her being cut, was they just had to make sure she knew that she was the only one out of the the fan faves that wouldn't have made TC on her own accord.  That was hurtful, and they were going to cut her regardless, I just didn't see the need for that to be brought up. 😞 

I think there’s some truth to what you’re saying. Colby seemed like a genuinely sincere, sweet woman despite not being a good fit for the team. Kelli was especially snarky about her (the “peekaboo” comment) and I don’t think that was truly necessary.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I think there’s some truth to what you’re saying. Colby seemed like a genuinely sincere, sweet woman despite not being a good fit for the team. Kelli was especially snarky about her (the “peekaboo” comment) and I don’t think that was truly necessary.  

I never thought Colby should ever make the team but my god, Kelli was so rude to/about her! If I look that good at 31, I'll be a happy bunny!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I’ve suspected Hannah did something to get on the bad list 

After rewatching last week, I think you're right. The first meeting, when the ladies were introducing themselves, Kellie's face when Hannah was talking looked like sour persimmons! There was something more than the weight going on. But, if that's the case, she should have talked to Hannah about it, and not just let the perception of a double standard stand. 

Does anyone have a list of the show group names for each seasons? I try to make one for myself, but the choppy editing leaves me under 16 for most of the seasons. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Does anyone have a list of the show group names for each seasons? I try to make one for myself, but the choppy editing leaves me under 16 for most of the seasons. 

If they all took pictures like this, it would be easier:)  But this is the season 6 group.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Me neither! I thought the others looked just as "heavy" if not heavier than her, but they got a chance and time. How would they know that those girls would get the weight off but Hannah wouldn't? But people have said it looked like Kelli didn't like her anymore and the other girls had more years on the squad and blah blah blah. Idk they just pick and choose who they give chances to and who they cut.

And they seemed to really love Hannah her rookie year.  Not sure why their opinion changed so fast on her. 

I think that was the same season that Paige gained like 13 pounds, she had a very drastic change!  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone remember for sure what Kerya Ford got cut for? Was it attitude or weight or both or neither?

On the show, Kelli specifically mentioned her being late twice for appearances. Others have suggested attitude but I don’t know if that’s actually true. 

19 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

On the show, Kelli specifically mentioned her being late twice for appearances. Others have suggested attitude but I don’t know if that’s actually true. 

Ohhhh I had forgotten about that!  Can you remember an episode #?

19 minutes ago, dariafan said:

It was she was late to functions 

Thanks!

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
On 12/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I co-sign this so much that I kinda wish we were best friends ☺️☺️

I actually recall defending KelFine and Judy on the TWOP forums when they called Melissa Rycroft out her second TC. In her younger days, MelRy always seemed to me to be the type of person who would start to goof off to cover up not being able to do something well (the ole “I’ll laugh at myself first before anyone else laughs at me” defense mechanism). I think K&J saw this in her too and just called her into the office as a warning to take her place on the squad seriously - as we all know they demand LASERFOCUSSERIOUSNESS when it comes to DCC. But then when she admitted she had mono, even though they kinda looked like assholes, they couldn’t back down because - let’s be honest - Melissa is kind of a goofball.

You would thought I’d invited Lucifer himself to the Christmas dinner table with the reactions on the TWOP forums when I defended them though 🙄.

Ultimately, I think her ability to laugh at herself saved her from the Bachelor-Audience-wide embarrassment a couple of years later.  Disclaimer, I don’t watch the Bachelor OR Dancing With The Stars, so my thoughts on her personality are based on MTT and pure speculation. Also, I actually think MelRy is adorable and I follow her on Instagram.

I think the story about the apology came out several years later. After K&J didn’t admonish (and pretty much defended) Cassie when she demonstrated a clear lackluster performance, the forums tore into them on the double standard. At some point, it bled over into social media, and Melissa posted on some sort of platform that she did in fact receive an apology from K&J in response to some outraged comments. However, I believe it was well after Melissa retired from DCC and even possibly after the Bachelor fiasco and her Dancing With The Stars tenure. So...who knows...maybe they were trying to smooth things over in prep for her DCC TC mentor role at the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, Seasons 1-12, my thoughts were always along the lines of “their circus, their monkeys” so they can run it however they want. However the antics of the past two years have really altered my thoughts on K&J.  Now they just look like sad, old bitches. I actually didn’t finish this season. I’m literally typing on the same device where I’ve downloaded the episodes, and I still haven’t watched them. I just had an 11-hour plane ride the other day, wherein I chose to read Regency Christmas romance novels on my kindle app on the same device instead of finishing out this season 🤭

I have taken no less than 7 different “personality” tests from Myers-Briggs, Insights Discovery, DISC, MMPI, CPI, etc. Some of the multiple times. It’s fascinating to see how you change depending on where you are in life and what roles you are currently filling or have filled previously. It’s not just knowing what your “personality” is, it is what you do with that information and how if affects (effects?) your personal and business relationships that really matters. I thought Maddie’s “Dictator” was hilarious. I too fall into that category and I struggle with it on a daily basis. Turns out not everyone likes to be ordered around 😆 

Sorry for the long rant. I haven’t been on here in awhile!!

giphy.gif

I still really love Kelli and Judy both.....I am just so floored by some of the choices that have been made, and as much as I can empathize with love blinding individual perception, there have been some seriously egregious oversights I cannot even begin to understand.

• Love 4

Watching season 7 finals Kelly is so disingenuous about the vets cut saying it made her stomach sick ... she didnt mind trashing the one girl during finals saying she was bored only when the poor girl is balling her eyes out does she feel bad ... what ever.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone know when the DCC started doing the jump split? Just watched an episode where Judy was talking about not having to do it when she was a DCC.

In this clip, which I believe is a late 80s/early 90s mashup, they do the fan split at 2:45. I love that the theme song to Dallas was that era’s Thunderstruck.

ETA: although I see dip shorts so it must have been the 90s.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Which veterans were cut the first season Cassie Trammel made the team and who retired?

Also does anyone remember if Sarah Gourley's friend Evan Anderson retired after her 2 seasons or got cut?

I’m pretty sure Evan A. retired. She was good and I think they liked her a lot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Which veterans were cut the first season Cassie Trammel made the team and who retired?

Also does anyone remember if Sarah Gourley's friend Evan Anderson retired after her 2 seasons or got cut?

Season 3 (2008) was Cassie's rookie season. Vets cut were: Carmen Butler, Michelle Mozek , Leah Mullinax, Kelli Jo Stauffaucher. Also rookies from season 1 (2006) Kristin Hager and Carrie Stillwell.

Carmen, Leah, and Michelle all made the 2008 Mavs Dancers.

• Useful 1

OK this is just completely freaky....

Watching the season where Courtney Cook withdraws from TC.  Looked @ Twitter during a commercial break and at the top of my Twitter feed is a tweet from Courtney.  Spooky....she hasn't tweeted in a while.

Also Rachael (redheaded TCC who wound up having to leave TC due to an injury) was LATE to the "first meeting" and Kelli didn't cut her on the spot.  Found that quite surprising.

Just thought of something else.  Kaitlin LeGrande missed an ENTIRE rehearsal and wasn't cut for that (didn't get cut until the rehearsal outfit screw up)

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Keep finding things in current episode to comment on..I need to step away from Pluto
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Season 3 (2008) was Cassie's rookie season. Vets cut were: Carmen Butler, Michelle Mozek , Leah Mullinax, Kelli Jo Stauffaucher. Also rookies from season 1 (2006) Kristin Hager and Carrie Stillwell.

I think Carrie just skipped the season following her rookie year intending to come back - I could be wrong but I don't think she was cut.  I believe she referenced taking a year off to get married when she was auditioning again during Season 3.

21 hours ago, raindancer said:

I think Carrie just skipped the season following her rookie year intending to come back - I could be wrong but I don't think she was cut.  I believe she referenced taking a year off to get married when she was auditioning again during Season 3.

Correct! Kristin Hager was cut at tryouts ‘07. Carrie did not try out that year. Both reauditioned in 2008 and neither made it to training camp.

Evan Anderson was not cut. She was on show group and (I believe) part of the front triangle in Season 5....behind Crystal Trevino. She is an amazing dancer/teacher. I believe she quit after 2 seasons. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Watching Season 6. Who are the all-stars featured in the finale? I recognize the Trevino sister, Justine Phillips and Misty Duncan but there are two blonds I don’t recognize.

Christina Parker and Elizabeth Davis.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching Season 7 on Pluto.  Does anyone know exactly what Cheryl Doris' role is with the DCC besides "door lady"? Saw her at Season 7 auditions.

According to Linkedn, she was Kelli's executive assistant up until November of this year???????  

• Useful 1

Who thinks that Kelli already knew about Carla Ann's (?) boyfriend sending the naughty pics of her when they picked her for TC in season 7?  Does anyone remember how much time was between Finals and First Meeting that year? I'm wondering if they just brought her to training camp to make an "example" of her?