Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think she was the first fan favorite for the show and that's why she was so popular.  Since then we've had insiders tell us she was a mean girl and being popular went to her head.  But even before I knew that, I had stopped liking her as much:/

I liked her up until the 5th season when she used her clout to get her BFF on the team 🙄

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

So curious I looked at her Instagram.  She made the Ice Angels after her first T For DCC. .  That was after she made the Dallas Mavericks TC but not that team. Then she went back after her second TC once again making the Mavericks TC but not the team. Viv glossed over her time on the Ice Angels on the podcast. “ I cheered for a hockey team”. 
So I don’t buy her “ I was blackballed”  

and she does look way different these days 

I was mistaken with my post: Stephanie selected Viv in 2013 (after her 1st DCC cut) for the Ice Angels. Then took her back after in 2014 after Viv's 2nd cut from the DCC.  She also went back for a 3rd season too. You are correct she did make Mavs TC twice but no the team. 

I have seen or read some interviews with girls (not Viv) who were on the Ice Angels. They talk about the team like it was their first choice when it probably was their 2nd or 3rd because they didn't make another team (DCC, Mavs , Stars).

Edited by MrsEVH
6 hours ago, lah715 said:

I liked her up until the 5th season when she used her clout to get her BFF on the team 🙄

Better than using your clout to get someone cut.

But Stephanie was a good dancer and made SG.  I think she just couldn't get the DCC style and she was DCC heavy.  I am trying to remember, but Season 5 is just not one of my favorite seasons and I don't think I've watched it much since it originally aired.  I remember they cut a lot of faves - ie Katelyn Johnson, Paula T, Britney S, etc.  The one ep I watched on Pluto, Cassie seemed a bit peeved to discover that other girls could tumble as well as her or better...lol. 

• Love 2
On 11/5/2019 at 8:25 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Why do some young people say "like" so much when they are speaking?  I'm trying to get through the podcast but Vivian says "like" so many times it is distracting.  As Judge Judy says "I don't want to her 'like' and I don't want to hear 'basically.'"

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why do some young people say "like" so much when they are speaking?  I'm trying to get through the podcast but Vivian says "like" so many times it is distracting.  As Judge Judy says "I don't want to her 'like' and I don't want to hear 'basically.'"

This is one of my pet peeves...you will hear a lot of athletes using "like", "basically", and "you know" when they are being interviewed and it drives me nuts when I hear it.  I agree that it's distracting.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But Stephanie was a good dancer and made SG.  I think she just couldn't get the DCC style and she was DCC heavy.  I am trying to remember, but Season 5 is just not one of my favorite seasons and I don't think I've watched it much since it originally aired.  I remember they cut a lot of faves - ie Katelyn Johnson, Paula T, Britney S, etc.  The one ep I watched on Pluto, Cassie seemed a bit peeved to discover that other girls could tumble as well as her or better...lol. 

Who used their clout to get someone cut? And why were the Cassie years the bitchy years?

2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

This is one of my pet peeves...you will hear a lot of athletes using "like", "basically", and "you know" when they are being interviewed and it drives me nuts when I hear it.  I agree that it's distracting.

I DEFINITELY agree.  DEFINITELY.  It's DEFINITELY a problem.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Stephanie and 4 other vets got called in for weight. The vets were Meredith O, Kaitlin I, Jordan B, and another one I can't recall. Maybe Megan Sharp? She needed a larger size shorts at the cameo pictures. I also didn't know Stephanie made SG.

4 hours ago, Anduril said:

Who used their clout to get someone cut? And why were the Cassie years the bitchy years?

Cassie did.  She was complaining at the calendar shoot that the rookies were getting more camera time.  One of them confronted her and Judy told the judges at auditions the gal was toxic.

According to what has been said on this board and the old TWOP, Cassie was a mean girl during her tenure.  If other girls weren't nice to her, they paid the price.  Cassie is always saying that was years ago, she's older now, a different person, etc.  IMO, she knew darn well what she was doing and she liked it, and K&J should have known better to allow it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cassie did.  She was complaining at the calendar shoot that the rookies were getting more camera time.  One of them confronted her and Judy told the judges at auditions the gal was toxic.

According to what has been said on this board and the old TWOP, Cassie was a mean girl during her tenure.  If other girls weren't nice to her, they paid the price.  Cassie is always saying that was years ago, she's older now, a different person, etc.  IMO, she knew darn well what she was doing and she liked it, and K&J should have known better to allow it.

Who confronted Cassie?

15 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

But how would it have looked for the choreographer's daughter to get cut? IMO Cassie should have been cut/benched for that "asthma attack".

The asthma attack always came across as fake to me.  Based on what others have said about her being a mean girl, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that she faked that to get sympathy.  

If the choreographers daughter actually got cut it would make this organization look a little more on the up and up.  It would show it actually goes by merit.  They should run it like lots of other places do: if you are related to someone that works there, you can't apply.  This will still allow legacies because they don't actually work for DCC.  But if your mom or dad works for the Cowboys or the cheerleaders, then you are ineligible.  

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Anduril said:If the choreographers daughter actually got cut it would make this organization look a little more on the up and up.  It would show it actually goes by merit.  They should run it like lots of other places do: if you are related to someone that works there, you can't apply.  This will still allow legacies because they don't actually work for DCC.  But if your mom or dad works for the Cowboys or the cheerleaders, then you are ineligible.  

But it isn’t totally by merit and never has been, and it is a private fam owned business so it does not have to be anything besides what the owners what it to be. The whole very successful parent company franchise of the Cowboys is run in nepotism and it is one of the most valuable brands in existence.

Cheerleaders are like 1% of that whole empire so doesn’t really even matter if they have them or not. They’re unnamed icing on the cake not essential and not going to effect anything if they would go strictly by merit. 

Is it totally fair? No, but most of life is not fair or just and in the long run this really means nothing if some cheerleader is related to another employee. 

haha the fair come to town once a year and you still have to buy tickets to see a clown and pay rigged carnival games, sooooo

So yeah I think banning people bc related to others in this case is stupid and doesn’t really do anything to bring in better overall talent. If anything the way it is now draws in more talent.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Stephanie and 4 other vets got called in for weight. The vets were Meredith O, Kaitlin I, Jordan B, and another one I can't recall. Maybe Megan Sharp? She needed a larger size shorts at the cameo pictures. I also didn't know Stephanie made SG.

She didnt ... the only rookie was Olivia ... basically season 5 most of the rookie candidates were sub par. 

46 minutes ago, lah715 said:

She didnt ... the only rookie was Olivia ... basically season 5 most of the rookie candidates were sub par. 

They didn't announce any other rookies making show group that year, but when the camera pans down the line of girls after they announced it, you can see Stephanie and Kaitlyn Legrande up there too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Anduril said:

The asthma attack always came across as fake to me.  Based on what others have said about her being a mean girl, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that she faked that to get sympathy.  

If the choreographers daughter actually got cut it would make this organization look a little more on the up and up.  It would show it actually goes by merit.  They should run it like lots of other places do: if you are related to someone that works there, you can't apply.  This will still allow legacies because they don't actually work for DCC.  But if your mom or dad works for the Cowboys or the cheerleaders, then you are ineligible.  

So Cassie T and Dayton B wouldn't have been eligible because Judy and Shelly both work for DCC even though they BOTH cheered? And where would that leave Samantha F as her Mom is the "Director" and she's "interning"?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hellacious punctuation
53 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Nicole was just such a great person   Beautiful. Great dancer.  Nice.  Helpful.   More people should want to be like her 

I still like how Kelli wanted the girls to emulate her cause she did that little something extra that only Nicole could do - you know, like what Gina does now that people don't like.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

A few years back she did have that GoFundMe set up for her weight loss efforts 😳

She also had one so she could go be a missionary. Don't understand how she did it because she was on the AAIA at the time.

• LOL 1
19 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

They didn't announce any other rookies making show group that year, but when the camera pans down the line of girls after they announced it, you can see Stephanie and Kaitlyn Legrande up there too. 

Hey thanks I will have to take another look at season 5 ... in that case that must have been another parting gift to Brooke 🙄  so she and her bff could be together all the time 🤢 Kaitllyn on the other hand I can see making....  too bad she went down the wrong road along the way ... what a waste

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

I will have to take another look at season 5 ... in that case that must have been another parting gift to Brooke 🙄 

I never liked Brooke, and on rewatch I like her even less.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder if Brooke helped Megan as much as she did Stephanie   Not that anything would have gotten her on the team 

Interesting...I think Brooke would have been available (and willing) to help Meghan. However, I don't think Meghan thought she needed help...by that 3rd training camp she thought it was in the bag....

• Love 1
19 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder if Brooke helped Megan as much as she did Stephanie   Not that anything would have gotten her on the team 

Since they all lived together I would guess yes, they probably all practiced at home together.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thanks.  I quit watching the season on Pluto (it was on when I grabbed that screenshot) so I don't know what she got cut for.  Do you recall?

I remember them saying she looked startled all the time during her cameo shoot (she really did kind of have crazy eyes).  I don't remember anything in particular about her dancing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, Lexusprincess said:

Vivian's post is over the top just like her 2nd season and her ridiculous poem.  Vivian's road to DCC became Vivian's road to fame.  From her discussing her thousands of fans, to her very pissed off face when she did not get the fan vote the 2nd time, to her lyrical solo which was way out of her wheelhouse, Vivian's second training camp was cringeworthy.  Vivian sold her self as this poor child brought up on hot dogs her first yea but had years of dancing classes.  Vivian tried to create a brand for herself the first year but we still all rooted for her.  The second year, I just could not.  Vivian saw herself as a star of a reality show and it blew up in her face.  

I remember a clip that was not shown on this of Judy and Kelli asking Vivian where was her spunk? why did she do lyrical? where was the hip hop dynamo? and when Vivian discussed a breakup, Kelli in a very mom and concerned voice told her not to let the guy win.  Bring back Vivian's spunk.  They (Judy, Kelli,and Kitty) were clearly rooting for her but Vivian spent most of training camp primping in a mirror.  The first season Kitty helped pay for her second costume and change her solo so she would not be laughed out of auditions.  the quote "mean" girls did a lot to help her.  All of Vivian's  focus should have been spent on her dancing.

The self awareness to not even admit the poem was ridiculous, unprofessional, and plain bad shows Vivian never learned anything.  The clip shown this year really focused on Judy laughing at Kelli's face.  Who could have kept a straight face in that train wreck?

Add in trying to start a go fund me page for "bullying" when years ago she had some other go fund me page to raise money for a show for her or some idea, this reads of Vivian thinking her fans are still lurking out there and will contribute to poor Vivian.  Shame on her!  Go get a job like the rest of the world.

As to those who say if she was truly forgiving she would not have posted that long post, so true.  Vivian wants to shame them because her campaign for Vivian the star that blew up on her got brought up again.  I own all seasons except for 1 and 2 and CMT and Pluto recycle them.  So Sorry Vivian what you did to yourself is out there...........She chose that poem.  She thought that would get her lots of sympathy then.  She has tried to remain in this world and even was on the team to cheer for veterans or whatever that don't cheer.  It's Vivian who needs to move on.  As I said I saw the clip as Judy laughing at Kelli more than anything,  Sometimes when people want to criticize you and there is some point (the poem was over the top) , one looks the best just joking what was I thinking.

This entire post is spot on.  

When Kelli and Judy went through their most memorable cuts I’m surprised the final exit of Megan Flaherty didn’t make the list.  That was epic.  And I’m sure they would never bring it up, but Victoria’s cut was outstanding to me for the big, fat, soap opera mascara tears!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, TOL said:

This entire post is spot on.  

When Kelli and Judy went through their most memorable cuts I’m surprised the final exit of Megan Flaherty didn’t make the list.  That was epic.  And I’m sure they would never bring it up, but Victoria’s cut was outstanding to me for the big, fat, soap opera mascara tears!

She's in this one:

On 11/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, lah715 said:

The season 5 rookie class wasn’t that big and with the exception of Lauren Williams and Nicole Bulcher none of them stuck around. I always thought there was something “off” with this season: there was a lot of talk about weight, they seemed unimpressed with the TCC’s in general and I never understood why they took Megan Flaherty back since she was IMO never going to make the team. And while Stephanie Heymann may have been Brooke’s BFF, she must have farted rainbows and pom-poms because she got more chances than anyone I’ve ever seen on the show.

Alyssa Sarasani- 1

Ann Lux - 2 (and Charlotte apparently wasn’t a fan)

Kaitlin LeGrand - 1 (made it back for her second year and was cut during TC)

Lauren Williams - 4

Nicole Bulcher - 5

Olivia Stevanovski - 1 

Sasha Agent -2 

Stephanie Heymann - 1

Edited by Gingi1976
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Gingi1976 said:

The season 5 rookie class wasn’t that big and with the exception of Lauren Williams and Nicole Bulcher none of them stuck around. I always thought there was something “off” with this season: there was a lot of talk about weight, they seemed unimpressed with the TCC’s in general and I never understood why they took Megan Flaherty back since she was IMO never going to make the team. And while Stephanie Heymann may have been Brooke’s BFF, she must have farted rainbows and pom-poms because she got more chances than anyone I’ve ever seen on the show.

Stephanie got a lot of chances, yes, but there is someone currently on the team that got far more chances then Stephanie did.  This person also had far more issues to correct the first time around then Stephanie ever did.  As far as I remember, the only thing that Kelli and Judy REALLY had an issue with regarding Stephanie was her weight.  There might have been some dance issues, but, if there were, they were relatively minor.  I could go on, but don't want trouble.

However, I do agree that there seems to have been something going on with most of the Season 5 rookies.  Granted, I wish they'd taken Brittany Schram and Courtney Cook, but Courtney had some serious counting issues going on and I can't remember why they cut Brittany S. that year.  I don't know why Alyssa left after 1 year (maybe weight concerns) as I wish she'd stayed longer; Ann was never a favorite of Charlotte's and probably figured to get out due to her own choice rather then be cut once she was aware of it; Kaitlin LeGrand got into trouble either in the break between seasons or during her second Training Camp so was rightfully cut (she could have gotten them into legal trouble if they'd kept her on); Lauren, Nicole and Sasha were absolutely AMAZING, but I could see why Sasha left after two years, especially being a working mom with a young daughter; Stephanie had the aforementioned weight issue and would likely have continued to fight her weight if she'd stayed on the squad and probably knew it; and Olivia S. could have stayed MUCH longer if not for Cassie's rumored jealousy (which probably started MUCH earlier than the calendar shoot).  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I don't know why Alyssa left after 1 year (maybe weight concerns) as I wish she'd stayed longer; ).  

She got married in May 2011 which is probably why she didn't audition again. I remember her writing blogs about her upcoming wedding on the old DCC website.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ann was never a favorite of Charlotte's and probably figured to get out due to her own choice rather then be cut once she was aware of it;

I thought she was not invited back into TC and didn't leave on her own.  Of course, I could also be very wrong.

14 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought she was not invited back into TC and didn't leave on her own.  Of course, I could also be very wrong.

She made it back for her second year which was season 6.  I thought she also left cause she was engaged.  But the way she was confronted at panel interviews was ridiculous.  Just like other gals before her - if there had been an issue during her rookie year, she should have been talked to about it and given the chance to improve - ie Keyra.

• Love 3