Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, heckkitty said:

I think this is Kelli489775970_ScreenShot2019-10-24at12_37_16PM.thumb.png.00b3e4632934679823f1296b99f3fa20.png

Also: Those facials 🤣

Is Tina in this shot? I saw where someone said she's in this video but don't recognize her.  Also, thanks for responding!

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
1 hour ago, DCCobsessed said:

Yes, she was a rookie the 2014 season. Then I believe she was not chosen for training camp the next year. 

She was cut with Breelan and Jasmine(?) at finals that year.

31 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Just watched Hannah's cut but missed the previous episodes. Why was she cut when Paige and Veronica were just warned (and looked bigger than Hannah)?

I always wondered the same thing.  I really liked her and couldn’t believe it when she was cut. Wasn’t she on show group her rookie season?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

I always wondered the same thing.  I really liked her and couldn’t believe it when she was cut. Wasn’t she on show group her rookie season?

Me too. She was on show group her rookie year. And I always thought Veronica looked bigger, but they gave her time and my fit foods. Some people have said that it seemed like Kelli didn't like her anymore that season. They did cut to Kelli making a face during the first meeting when Hannah was introducing herself. And maybe she thought Hannah wasn't taking it seriously and trying hard enough to lose weight. And Veronica had been on the team longer.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The 2009 rookie class possibly had the most girls (6) who were previously on pro/semi pro teams: Carey -ATL Falcons, Jackie- SF Gold Rush, Malia & Vanessa- Houston Texans, Sunni- Dallas Mavericks, Joannah- Dallas Desperados. It also had 2 girls (Carey & Jackie) who were PB cheerleaders on their former teams.

Wow! Didn’t know all this! I live in Houston and had no idea that Malia and Vanessa were Texan Cheerleaders. What a big step up from the Texans Cheerleaders to DCC! Malia and Vanessa were very pretty DCC’s! Think Malia lives here in Houston along with Emily Claire and Teri Lynn (both season 7)! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone please watch this video and screen shot Kelli? I can't find her 😞

This looks like the entire squad performed. Not much diversity on this squad. Majority are blondes! 

3 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

If Nicole Hamilton never existed, who would be the gold-standard cheerleader of the "Making the Team" era

Edited by Pksbena1
Read question wrong. Thought you were asking about point girl.

Could there have been a hint of favoritism way back when? (found this by accident)

24 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thanks.  Is Judy in this video? Sorry for all the questions.  Can someone post a screen shot of Judy dancing in uniform? Thanks again!

I think the best that can be found from the early 80s is this. The video isn't the greatest, but Judy is around the 1:10 mark - although out of uniform.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

If Nicole Hamilton never existed, who would be the gold-standard cheerleader of the "Making the Team" era? 

Maybe Lacey?  I know she's only recently retired but she is gorgeous, made the team right out of high school (I think?), literally kicked her nose in her audition, was a group leader.  She is a stunning dancer and seemed to be low-drama.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Just watched Hannah's cut but missed the previous episodes. Why was she cut when Paige and Veronica were just warned (and looked bigger than Hannah)?

She was an underachiever -- took a whole year to gain 11 pounds -- It only took VK a couple of weeks. 

• LOL 16
On 10/23/2019 at 1:07 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

Poor Kaitlin. IIRC following her 2016 arrest, there was some discussion here. Perhaps in the Former DCC thread? They all start running together for me after all the name changes for these forums.

Anyway, following her arrest, a poster who claimed to have known/been friends with Kaitlin Legrand at the time of her dismissal posted that during that particular summer Kaitlin had started dating a guy who was...unsavory...a bad-boy type, dabbled in some light unlawful behavior. Apparently her friends and/or family did intervene (or attempted to) but she dug her heels in and wouldn’t take their advice. In this poster’s assessment, this behavior led to her dismissal her second TC and down the path to her arrest. (From what I recall, the guy with her at the time of the arrest was arrested also but I’m not sure if it was same boyfriend). 

I usually take insider info with a healthy pinch of salt, but one of the reasons I believed this story was because she/he didn’t bash Kaitlin and it didn’t sound like salacious gossip. It was more of a “we really tried to help, but we just couldn’t get through to her.”

I apologize if this sounds aggressive or controversial, I promise that isn’t my intention! But it is something I think about every single time I see that season (which is pretty much every 5 days thanks to Pluto.tv), and I think it is a really interesting conversation.

I guess the ultimate question for me is: What is the moral obligation of a part-time employer? Is it more than close friends or family? Do we want our employers prying into our personal lives?

Ultimately K&J have to protect the DCC brand, which they did. Perhaps they had further conversations with her friends or family and it wasn’t filmed or aired? No one ever was able to answer off the record if anything further came of their conversation with her. I hope she’s ok now. 

I responded last night with a lengthy discourse -- clicked on another tab and when I returned my content had not been saved.  I didn't feel up to retyping and now it doesn't seem pertinent, but I did want to respond that realistically I wouldn't expect Kelli to do much else for Kaitlin.  It's not as if the DCC have an Employee Assistance Program and Kelli isn't a therapist.  If Kaitlin was in love with a bad boy she wasn't about to dish about it with Kelli. We see in the scene where she misses practice that, I believe, both Nicole and Kelli left messages with Kaitlin's mother, so she was alerted by DCC (if she was not already painfully aware) that something was up with her daughter. 

My main point -- now lost to the ether -- was that watching and re-watching (I'm glad I'm not alone in the rabbit hole of Pluto TV) with the filter of what I know now and my current disillusionment with Kelli I have such different reactions from when I watched original airings on CMT. Kaitlin = crazy kid vs help this child!

My second point was along the lines that Kelli at the time of filming is reacting in real time without the benefit of hindsight. So maybe I should cut her some slack and not let my frustration over the last couple of seasons color my entire DCC MTT world view.  

I may have mentioned that I was surprised her arrest was in 2016. For some reason I thought it was closer to her dismissal from the team. 

There was other stuff, too but now that this is getting as long, I'll stop now! 

• Love 3

So, thanks to Pluto TV, I listen to the shows while I work from home.  I am watching season 12, episode 3.  There was the one girl (I don't remember her name) whose mom was a DCC.  They cut to her mom who was watching on the sideline and was in a seat during the audition results.  Did anyone else find that so odd and unfair that no one else seems to have a parent in there, even when that mom happened to be a former DCC?  She didn't make it, and she and mom were crying but still!  Geesh.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, suzywallis said:

So, thanks to Pluto TV, I listen to the shows while I work from home.  I am watching season 12, episode 3.  There was the one girl (I don't remember her name) whose mom was a DCC.  They cut to her mom who was watching on the sideline and was in a seat during the audition results.  Did anyone else find that so odd and unfair that no one else seems to have a parent in there, even when that mom happened to be a former DCC?  She didn't make it, and she and mom were crying but still!  Geesh.

I think you're talking about Dayton whose Shelly's daughter.

2 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Dayton. Was she brunette? Her mom Shelly was a DCC and works for the organization. She's on these boards sometimes too.

2 minutes ago, cheeseslices said:

Dayton. Was she brunette? Her mom Shelly was a DCC and works for the organization. She's on these boards sometimes too.

Yes, she was a brunette.  That explains more of why mom was there then, if she works for the organization.  I had just never seen a former DCC mom get to be there when auditions were being done.  It still seems unfair and distracting for the daughter.  (I used to be a dance team coach, so I was really protective of my dancers' experience in auditions and tryouts.) Thank you for the info! 

Is Nadia the name of the daughter of a former Dcc that didn’t make it past semis?  And was crying she was going to have to tell her mom she wasn’t as good as her mom ...  something about her bugs me   

25 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Is Nadia the name of the daughter of a former Dcc that didn’t make it past semis?  And was crying she was going to have to tell her mom she wasn’t as good as her mom ...  something about her bugs me   

Yes that's her name. I don't remember who her Mom is and think she might have been a DCC for only 1 season. Someone had posted it maybe last year?  Maybe somebody here knows. 

• Love 1

Interesting, NJ Brianna says in her exit interview that she’ll think about coming back “in a few years.” How cool would it be if she was taking power classes the whole time she’s in college and comes back super strong after graduation? She would be like super DCC with her looks combined with a strong style. (Not saying this is what she’s doing, I’m totally speculating. She might not ever dance again for all I know!)

Edited by PhillyFan
  • Love 7

Watching Season 12 on Pluto ... does it strike anyone else as odd or funny that the Jones family spent millions on this showcase place and yet the girls still have to sit on the floor outside K&J office.... seriously could they not find fashionable seating LOL 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, MrsEVH said:

She was cut with Breelan and Jasmine(?) at finals that year.

You're right, I just caught that episode.  If you knew you were on the bubble, why wouldn't you come back as strong as possible?  Breelan and Ashley both blew it that year.  I didn't think Jasmine was that bad, but I never loved her to begin with.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Thank you !  That’s what I thought , but I keep missing that season on Pluto.    Stupid having to be an adult life !

Haha I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant and too tired to do anything, so on my days off when the kids are at school, I’m parked on the couch watching Pluto for hours 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/25/2019 at 8:10 AM, suzywallis said:

That explains more of why mom was there then, if she works for the organization.  

DCC auditions is a job interview....you don't bring your mommy to a job interview. I really think Judy & Shelley should have been totally excluded from the building while Cassie & Dayton were auditioning. Tina was roaming the parking lot during Victoria's auditions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, aeroluv327 said:

I didn't think Jasmine was that bad, but I never loved her to begin with.

I totally agree.  I know it's said that her solo was bad, but I've seen worse from returning vets.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I totally agree.  I know it's said that her solo was bad, but I've seen worse from returning vets.

At the end of the day, the solo is just a show off round. If your solo is naff, it shouldn't really matter that much. It's not like you'll ever dance solo as a DCC, let alone in another style. I liked Jasmine as a field dancer and ambassador, which are the two key areas! 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

At the end of the day, the solo is just a show off round. If your solo is naff, it shouldn't really matter that much. It's not like you'll ever dance solo as a DCC, let alone in another style. I liked Jasmine as a field dancer and ambassador, which are the two key areas! 

Thank you! I think solos are a waste of time.

26 minutes ago, lah715 said:

The end of this video seems to show Maddie as point ????

Amy is point for like the first 8 count, then after the transition Maddie is point and Amy is behind her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Thank you! I think solos are a waste of time.

Amy is point for like the first 8 count, then after the transition Maddie is point and Amy is behind her.

Right  ...... So Amy really is not point ... they did that whole segment on her and she gets the very beginning and then Maddie takes over for most of the song I would say .. I wouldnt even call it sharing .. They must have given tiny little time to Amy knowing she is retiring after this season would be my best guess 🙄 I love Maddie so I dont have a problem with her at point I think she does well ... just from the show when Amy and Kashara are talking they made it sound like Maddie got the small part when actually she has a bigger part and more of point girl than Amy 

• Love 8
On 10/24/2019 at 8:18 PM, aeroluv327 said:

Maybe Lacey?  I know she's only recently retired but she is gorgeous, made the team right out of high school (I think?), literally kicked her nose in her audition, was a group leader.  She is a stunning dancer and seemed to be low-drama.

She’s got my vote!

1. 10 hours ago, lah715 said:

1. They're currently using a photo of Maddie in the point position on both their Facebook and Twitter pages.
  2. The new roster reveal video showed Maddie in the point position and not Amy.
  3. If memory serves, a while back, someone timed it and Amy is only point for about 20 seconds while Maddie is point for over a minute.

Conclusion: Although there are two official points, Maddie is the real winner in the end.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

She’s got my vote!

Plus Lacey has the distinction of having Charlotte point her out to everyone around her as the standard and “in case you wanted to know what a DCC looks like”

• Love 5
On 10/25/2019 at 5:34 PM, lah715 said:

Watching Season 12 on Pluto ... does it strike anyone else as odd or funny that the Jones family spent millions on this showcase place and yet the girls still have to sit on the floor outside K&J office.... seriously could they not find fashionable seating LOL 🙄

It’s really so undignified. Even my father made a comment about how undignified it is and his only exposure to the show is noticing what I’m watching as he’s passing from one room to the next (I watch MTT when I visit bc they have CMT and I do not). What a shame they couldn’t  get proper seating arrangements out of Erica’s lawsuit ☺️

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, lah715 said:

I said this earlier in the Training Camp thread, but the DCC IG features Maddie more often than Amy.  Something like Maddie 10 Amy 5 so far.   I love it, I’ve always thought something was weird about Amy... like she tries to be too perfect.  I love Maddie, always is gracious and genuine 🙂

Edited by KickPretty
  • Love 4