Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 10/19/2019 at 10:10 AM, ByTor said:

A clip of the policy from the episode where Holly was called out:

image.thumb.png.5ec5f8eac0d350e4e2783cae35882756.png

Most likely an unpopular opinion, but Jenna should have gotten the boot automatically. She was with Holly when these events took place, correct? I haven't seen that season in so long. Plus, she was not just a veteran, but a potential six year veteran and still broke the rules. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

Jenna should have gotten the boot automatically.

If they're as serious about upholding their policies as they say they are, she absolutely should have gotten the boot, especially since she was punished for something similar the prior year.  The message, however, is that what matters more is who you are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can you refresh my memory please?

She wasn't allowed to go to USO (neither was Holly).  Word around town is that she was seeing Dak & she really thought he was serious about her.

I don’t have issue with non fraternization policies but I don’t like that it doesn’t apply all around the organization 

if it’s against policy for the cheerleaders then it should also be against policy for the players. 

the woman is the one that takes the risk and the only facing repercussions. How sexist. 

2 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Was Katy a cheerleader?

No she worked events coordinating for the squad. She appeared on the episode with Demi Lovato. And I THINK it was her that mentioned Angela from Australia turning down events during show group auditions. Don’t quote me on that one. 

• Love 1
On 10/16/2019 at 1:51 PM, chabelisaywow said:

Pluto is running season that Dayton auditions for the first time.  Kelli mentions two legacies auditioning - does anyone know who the other legacy was? TIA

I know this is OT, but how do you watch old seasons on Pluto?  I downloaded the app and cannot for the life of me figure it out.

53 minutes ago, SuzySmith said:

I know this is OT, but how do you watch old seasons on Pluto?  I downloaded the app and cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Just got to the guide section and scroll until you find the DCC channel.  You don’t get to choose which season to watch.  It just plays over and over starting from season 1 to season 12, I think. 

• Love 1
On 10/16/2019 at 2:51 PM, chabelisaywow said:

Pluto is running season that Dayton auditions for the first time.  Kelli mentions two legacies auditioning - does anyone know who the other legacy was? TIA

Madeline S (I think - and I can't remember her last name for sure)

14 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Madeline S (I think - and I can't remember her last name for sure)

Madeline Salter is the one who auditioned & got cut in TC this year.

5 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Anyone ever notice when Meredith Oden and her mom are in the mirror there was a sign that said “NO CHEATING!!!! You want to be skinny!!” 🤭

Oh yeah, it's a classic!  In fact someone who posts here has that as a user name 🙂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2019 at 7:43 PM, ByTor said:

I just saw the show group audition portion of season 10.  Kelli wasn't thrilled with Jinelle's audition, but Katy called her "the whole package" and said she should be chosen. Makes me wonder if they were dating then.

You're so right. One of the things I love about Pluto is the ability to view the old episodes with current perspective. Jinelle is one of my all time favorites and I completely agree she is the whole package but I cringed when I heard Katy say that -- because now it does smack of partiality.

And now Kaitlin LeGrand no longer comes across as just screwing up but actually crying for help!  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, KickPretty said:

YES!!  I feel so bad for her when I watch that scene now.  Poor kid.

Kelly and Judy did give her a hard time.  They couldn't understand that cops give warnings without writing a ticket.  Any who would remember a cops name?

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Kelly and Judy did give her a hard time.  They couldn't understand that cops give warnings without writing a ticket.  Any who would remember a cops name?

Exactly. They just didn't seem to get it: if it's written it's a ticket if it's verbal it's a warning (not that I'm an expert). And they don't exactly introduce themselves when they pull you over (or so I've heard).

But watching the scene now with the additional scene of her wearing a random outfit to practice I just think: intervention, intervention, intervention PLEASE!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

In my humble opinion, if I was a humble person, they need to raise the minimum age.  They need to stop getting so many “kids”. True lots of 18 year olds are mature , but as I keep rewatching (I may have a tiny problem) there are just so many that are immature

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Exactly. They just didn't seem to get it: if it's written it's a ticket if it's verbal it's a warning (not that I'm an expert). And they don't exactly introduce themselves when they pull you over (or so I've heard).

But watching the scene now with the additional scene of her wearing a random outfit to practice I just think: intervention, intervention, intervention PLEASE!

Even if the officer told her his name, she likely wouldn't remember it because she's freaking out about being late to practice. 

1 minute ago, dariafan said:

In my humble opinion, if I was a humble person, they need to raise the minimum age.  They need to stop getting so many “kids”. True lots of 18 year olds are mature , but as I keep rewatching (I may have a tiny problem) there are just so many that are immature

They should have a maximum age range as well.  They say anyone can apply but c'mon, no 45-50 year old woman is going to make the team.  They just take up a spot that someone with an actual chance could try. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Even if the officer told her his name, she likely wouldn't remember it because she's freaking out about being late to practice. 

They should have a maximum age range as well.  They say anyone can apply but c'mon, no 45-50 year old woman is going to make the team.  They just take up a spot that someone with an actual chance could try. 

I hope everyone knows I’m joking when I come here and say “ but it’s my DREAM “:)

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Anduril said:

Given that their supposedly enormous pool of candidates appears to be shrinking every year, they need every auditioner they can get! 😉

Seriously, though, it’s not like the older women are being taken into training camp and “taking” a spot from anyone else.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Given that their supposedly enormous pool of candidates appears to be shrinking every year, they need every auditioner they can get! 😉

Seriously, though, it’s not like the older women are being taken into training camp and “taking” a spot from anyone else.  

True, but they're just wasting everyone's time.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

TC?  They're not even making it past prelims 🙂  As you said, at least they help inflate their audition numbers!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Poor Kaitlin. IIRC following her 2016 arrest, there was some discussion here. Perhaps in the Former DCC thread? They all start running together for me after all the name changes for these forums.

Anyway, following her arrest, a poster who claimed to have known/been friends with Kaitlin Legrand at the time of her dismissal posted that during that particular summer Kaitlin had started dating a guy who was...unsavory...a bad-boy type, dabbled in some light unlawful behavior. Apparently her friends and/or family did intervene (or attempted to) but she dug her heels in and wouldn’t take their advice. In this poster’s assessment, this behavior led to her dismissal her second TC and down the path to her arrest. (From what I recall, the guy with her at the time of the arrest was arrested also but I’m not sure if it was same boyfriend). 

I usually take insider info with a healthy pinch of salt, but one of the reasons I believed this story was because she/he didn’t bash Kaitlin and it didn’t sound like salacious gossip. It was more of a “we really tried to help, but we just couldn’t get through to her.”

I apologize if this sounds aggressive or controversial, I promise that isn’t my intention! But it is something I think about every single time I see that season (which is pretty much every 5 days thanks to Pluto.tv), and I think it is a really interesting conversation.

I guess the ultimate question for me is: What is the moral obligation of a part-time employer? Is it more than close friends or family? Do we want our employers prying into our personal lives?

Ultimately K&J have to protect the DCC brand, which they did. Perhaps they had further conversations with her friends or family and it wasn’t filmed or aired? No one ever was able to answer off the record if anything further came of their conversation with her. I hope she’s ok now. 

Watching Season 4:

Still cannot stand the Minchew Sisters. 

Still miffed that Grace Sells didn’t make it. 

Still got Cathleen (the little blonde that they said wasn’t sexy enough?) and Evan Anderson confused as they had the exact same look. 

Still love how Brandi just let the “stripper” comments just roll off her back (2 years in a row). 

Still have second-hand embarrassment for Ashley and Zoe during the impromptu Cowboys Quiz session 😳.

Still forget that Cary and Megan were even DCCs. 

Forgot what an amazing and beautiful rookie class this was until someone recently posted their reunion in the Former DCCs thread.

• Love 10

Quoting @klopie:

Since the show started, the 2+ year vets that were cut, besides Jasmine and Raylee, have been Erika, Selina, Caila Sims, Alex Hermes, Amy Reese, and Cori Robinson. 

I can't remember her name...the woman from season I think 1 who was upset at makeovers because her hair turned out red instead of blonde because too much gold was added.  Wasn't she cut after 2 seasons? 

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Quoting @klopie:

I can't remember her name...the woman from season I think 1 who was upset at makeovers because her hair turned out red instead of blonde because too much gold was added.  Wasn't she cut after 2 seasons? 

Leah Mullinax was cut going into her 3rd season.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Poor Kaitlin. IIRC following her 2016 arrest, there was some discussion here. Perhaps in the Former DCC thread? They all start running together for me after all the name changes for these forums.

Anyway, following her arrest, a poster who claimed to have known/been friends with Kaitlin Legrand at the time of her dismissal posted that during that particular summer Kaitlin had started dating a guy who was...unsavory...a bad-boy type, dabbled in some light unlawful behavior. Apparently her friends and/or family did intervene (or attempted to) but she dug her heels in and wouldn’t take their advice. In this poster’s assessment, this behavior led to her dismissal her second TC and down the path to her arrest. (From what I recall, the guy with her at the time of the arrest was arrested also but I’m not sure if it was same boyfriend). 

I usually take insider info with a healthy pinch of salt, but one of the reasons I believed this story was because she/he didn’t bash Kaitlin and it didn’t sound like salacious gossip. It was more of a “we really tried to help, but we just couldn’t get through to her.”

I apologize if this sounds aggressive or controversial, I promise that isn’t my intention! But it is something I think about every single time I see that season (which is pretty much every 5 days thanks to Pluto.tv), and I think it is a really interesting conversation.

I guess the ultimate question for me is: What is the moral obligation of a part-time employer? Is it more than close friends or family? Do we want our employers prying into our personal lives?

Ultimately K&J have to protect the DCC brand, which they did. Perhaps they had further conversations with her friends or family and it wasn’t filmed or aired? No one ever was able to answer off the record if anything further came of their conversation with her. I hope she’s ok now. 

Watching Season 4:

Still cannot stand the Minchew Sisters. 

Still miffed that Grace Sells didn’t make it. 

Still got Cathleen (the little blonde that they said wasn’t sexy enough?) and Evan Anderson confused as they had the exact same look. 

Still love how Brandi just let the “stripper” comments just roll off her back (2 years in a row). 

Still have second-hand embarrassment for Ashley and Zoe during the impromptu Cowboys Quiz session 😳.

Still forget that Cary and Megan were even DCCs. 

Forgot what an amazing and beautiful rookie class this was until someone recently posted their reunion in the Former DCCs thread.

Love Season 4...it’s my favorite...from the team announcement...to the group of rookies...to Nicole Hamilton’s last season! Such a great group of ladies! 

Grace Sells will always be (for me) the girl who should of been a DCC...smh...

Loved Brandi Kilby!  Gorgeous. For Kelli to constantly refer to her as having a ‘stripper’ look...just rude! Kudos to her for putting up with that! 

For Ashley and Zoe....I’ve often wondered if they were looking for a way to cut Zoe. She had not been called into Kelli’s office so....it just made me wonder why they chose these two ladies to quiz them over Cowboy facts? Maybe they quizzed all the rookies but we were lead to believe it was just these two girls. I know Ashley would’ve been cut anyways because she just did not have enough technical training. 

Thought Carey Depasquale was a gorgeous DCC.  If I remember correctly, she also cheered for the Atlanta Falcons and was chosen as Pro Bowl Cheerleader while on that squad.  But, no...we never got to know her or Vanessa Jenkins that season. Not sure why.

Overall, I loved this rookie class and really enjoyed seeing all their reunion pictures this past weekend! 

• Love 2
On 10/12/2019 at 12:07 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

My favorite Kelli/Judy exchange in all 14 seasons. Kellis laugh after she says that cracks me up. That’s why she drives me crazy. I love her sense of humor when she’s just being herself and her passion for her job but then sometimes her mean-girl attitude and questionable decisions over her favorites drive me crazy!!

My favorite K&J moment was when they called Taylor into the office and it turned into a conversation about what she had had to eat that day and Taylor said something like, "M&Ms and Cheetos."  After she left, Kelli and Judy admitted they were jealous and were laughing about how M&Ms and Cheetos DID sound good!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Quoting @klopie:

Leah Mullinax was cut going into her 3rd season.

Wow I was right???  My memory usually isn't that good!

3 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

My favorite K&J moment was when they called Taylor into the office and it turned into a conversation about what she had had to eat that day and Taylor said something like, "M&Ms and Cheetos."  After she left, Kelli and Judy admitted they were jealous and were laughing about how M&Ms and Cheetos DID sound good!

Oh it's even better - it was cookie dough and Cheetos.  (You know, something sticky to get the orange stuff off your fingers!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

Why didn’t the Menchew sisters just wait a year since they both had titles ?  That’s what I will never understand 

I think when you’re in your early 20’s, a year is an eternity to wait. I think they were both out of college and knew there was a time limit for them to do this type of thing and move on professionally. 

But mostly I think they genuinely didn’t think a long weekend of pageant duties would interfere with training camp all that much, and couldn’t believe the DCC wouldn’t work with them on it. It’s probably the first time they’ve been told no in that type of situation. 

I liked the Minchew sisters personally, but they did come across as entitled. Judy for sure took them down a peg, but I was proud of the one girl for coming back and trying the next year anyway. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think when you’re in your early 20’s, a year is an eternity to wait. I think they were both out of college and knew there was a time limit for them to do this type of thing and move on professionally. 

But mostly I think they genuinely didn’t think a long weekend of pageant duties would interfere with training camp all that much, and couldn’t believe the DCC wouldn’t work with them on it. It’s probably the first time they’ve been told no in that type of situation. 

I liked the Minchew sisters personally, but they did come across as entitled. Judy for sure took them down a peg, but I was proud of the one girl for coming back and trying the next year anyway. 

Speaking of being told no, I'm sure this is the first time that some of these women have been told they need to lose weight.  No wonder they develop eating disorders.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Love Season 4...it’s my favorite...from the team announcement...to the group of rookies...to Nicole Hamilton’s last season! Such a great group of ladies! 

Grace Sells will always be (for me) the girl who should of been a DCC...smh...

Loved Brandi Kilby!  Gorgeous. For Kelli to constantly refer to her as having a ‘stripper’ look...just rude! Kudos to her for putting up with that! 

For Ashley and Zoe....I’ve often wondered if they were looking for a way to cut Zoe. She had not been called into Kelli’s office so....it just made me wonder why they chose these two ladies to quiz them over Cowboy facts? Maybe they quizzed all the rookies but we were lead to believe it was just these two girls. I know Ashley would’ve been cut anyways because she just did not have enough technical training. 

Thought Carey Depasquale was a gorgeous DCC.  If I remember correctly, she also cheered for the Atlanta Falcons and was chosen as Pro Bowl Cheerleader while on that squad.  But, no...we never got to know her or Vanessa Jenkins that season. Not sure why.

Overall, I loved this rookie class and really enjoyed seeing all their reunion pictures this past weekend! 

The 2009 rookie class possibly had the most girls (6) who were previously on pro/semi pro teams: Carey -ATL Falcons, Jackie- SF Gold Rush, Malia & Vanessa- Houston Texans, Sunni- Dallas Mavericks, Joannah- Dallas Desperados. It also had 2 girls (Carey & Jackie) who were PB cheerleaders on their former teams.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Can someone please watch this video and screen shot Kelli? I can't find her 😞

My screenshots are too big, and I’m too computer illiterate to figure out how to make them smaller to fit in here.

I think she’s right in front the entire time if I’m not mistaken...second one in on the right in the very beginning and ends up as the one on the ground in the very front in the end pose. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

My screenshots are too big, and I’m too computer illiterate to figure out how to make them smaller to fit in here.

I think she’s right in front the entire time if I’m not mistaken...second one in on the right in the very beginning and ends up as the one on the ground in the very front in the end pose. 

...and of course, we can't forget about:

vlcsnap-2019-10-24-14h08m30s848.thumb.jpg.9e06c7355c0f402376fedf5a36e1be1f.jpg

• LOL 5
Just now, IllegitimateDCC said:

...and of course, we can't forget about:

vlcsnap-2019-10-24-14h08m30s848.thumb.jpg.9e06c7355c0f402376fedf5a36e1be1f.jpg

Yes! I have the same screenshot! I just can’t figure out how to make it smaller (me—>👵🏻)

TK looks good there. She’s still a goofball, but looks good. 

• Love 1

I have only been catching a few episodes here and there on Pluto, I haven't been able to watch an entire season from start to finish.  Can someone refresh my memory about Ashley Pro?  I know she was cut from training camp one year (the same year that Vivian was cut for weight).  And then we saw her again at auditions the next year.  Did she make it back to training camp?  Did she ever make the team?

6 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I have only been catching a few episodes here and there on Pluto, I haven't been able to watch an entire season from start to finish.  Can someone refresh my memory about Ashley Pro?  I know she was cut from training camp one year (the same year that Vivian was cut for weight).  And then we saw her again at auditions the next year.  Did she make it back to training camp?  Did she ever make the team?

Yes, she was a rookie the 2014 season. Then I believe she was not chosen for training camp the next year. 

6 minutes ago, DCCobsessed said:

Yes, she was a rookie the 2014 season. Then I believe she was not chosen for training camp the next year. 

Thanks!  I can never seem to catch an entire season in order so sometimes I get confused about the girls who were in training camp multiple times.

I liked her look but she always sounded like she was on the verge of tears.  

• Love 2