Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Rewatching the season reminded me of Kelli and Judy’s three big knocks against Gina: She didn’t seem to be a team player, she “looks like the Joker” when she smiles, and she looks “like she’s doing a different dance from everyone else.” I know there are several posters who agree with all three — I just didn’t remember those criticisms were made on the show. Now I definitely think the last two is what’s keeping her from point. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cgloss said:

Rewatching the season reminded me of Kelli and Judy’s three big knocks against Gina: She didn’t seem to be a team player, she “looks like the Joker” when she smiles, and she looks “like she’s doing a different dance from everyone else.” I know there are several posters who agree with all three — I just didn’t remember those criticisms were made on the show. Now I definitely think the last two is what’s keeping her from point. 

Gina has pop but she is not classically photogenic. Compare her to Queen Rachel and the differences are obvious. Rachel doesn't seem to take a bad game day picture. 

• Love 3

Watching season 2 finals ... Miranda should have been given a shot over Megan.  They already knew she could not handle the dance ... I still think something else was going on that they constantly passed over her 😞

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, lah715 said:

Watching season 2 finals ... Miranda should have been given a shot over Megan.  They already knew she could not handle the dance ... I still think something else was going on that they constantly passed over her 😞

I felt bad for Miranda. I always thought it was interesting when, in a later season when she tried out again, Jay said something to the effect that Miranda wouldn’t blend in with the DCCs, or didn’t look like the other girls, something along those lines. I thought it was really odd comment.  I always thought she was a pretty girl and had a good body, but maybe her dance skills weren’t up to par.  But Jay saying she doesn’t “look” like the DCCs was just weird. Right after he says it, the camera cuts away and they move onto someone else pretty quick. 

• Love 5

Re: Miranda.   I’ve always wanted to know what was going on there. After 1 of her auditions Charlotte was talking to her, but obviously not one of Charlotte ‘s faves or she would have been brought on to training camp    I’ve never understood the point of that vanity and picture prop she used during 1 finals   You have 90 seconds, and wasting 25-30 for that beginning    Her story is my favorite “ unsolved mystery “

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

I still think something else was going on that they constantly passed over her 

Or something was going on that they insisted on constantly taking Meghan...or BOTH!

3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I felt bad for Miranda. I always thought it was interesting when, in a later season when she tried out again, Jay said something to the effect that Miranda wouldn’t blend in with the DCCs, or didn’t look like the other girls, something along those lines. I thought it was really odd comment.  I always thought she was a pretty girl and had a good body, but maybe her dance skills weren’t up to par.  But Jay saying she doesn’t “look” like the DCCs was just weird. Right after he says it, the camera cuts away and they move onto someone else pretty quick. 

I'm guessing she didn't have the DCC look to the judges. Probably the same reason they never chose Courtney Krauss (former DSIG & current Patriots cheerleader) for TC.

I recall Miranda saying she was a Kilgore Rangerette and had awesome kicks back in the day. They should have at least gave her a shot in TC; if she didn't make it so be it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

Re: Miranda.   I’ve always wanted to know what was going on there. After 1 of her auditions Charlotte was talking to her, but obviously not one of Charlotte ‘s faves or she would have been brought on to training camp    I’ve never understood the point of that vanity and picture prop she used during 1 finals   You have 90 seconds, and wasting 25-30 for that beginning    Her story is my favorite “ unsolved mystery “

Yeah, they show Charlotte HUGGING her in season 1 after she doesn't make it finals? or TC? Which is just so odd looking now 14 seasons later. I mean, I wouldn't assume auditioners are allowed to TALK to Charlotte much less touch her these days, but they seemed to know each other. But as you say, obviously not enough to get her to the next round when her friend did make it. 

I also wondered about her friend Cerisa quitting after a week of TC. Like if I'm Miranda and my BFF made camp, but quit after a week, I'd be so mad at her. Apparently Cerisa had an injury, but we never saw her at auditions again (that I recall?), so I wonder if that was the real story.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Yeah, they show Charlotte HUGGING her in season 1 after she doesn't make it finals? or TC? Which is just so odd looking now 14 seasons later. I mean, I wouldn't assume auditioners are allowed to TALK to Charlotte much less touch her these days, but they seemed to know each other. But as you say, obviously not enough to get her to the next round when her friend did make it. 

I also wondered about her friend Cerisa quitting after a week of TC. Like if I'm Miranda and my BFF made camp, but quit after a week, I'd be so mad at her. Apparently Cerisa had an injury, but we never saw her at auditions again (that I recall?), so I wonder if that was the real story.

This was never stated but I always got the feeling that Cerisa quit because Miranda didn’t make TC. Miranda seemed devastated not to make it. I often wondered if Cerisa felt so guilty, and felt it wasn’t worth losing a friendship over, so she dropped out. I mean, she didn’t even tell K/J that she was injured. I really think Cerisa had the DCC look. I could see her making the team if she was a great (not good!) dancer, had great social skills, and awesome high kicks. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pksbena1 said:

This was never stated but I always got the feeling that Cerisa quit because Miranda didn’t make TC. Miranda seemed devastated not to make it. I often wondered if Cerisa felt so guilty, and felt it wasn’t worth losing a friendship over, so she dropped out. I mean, she didn’t even tell K/J that she was injured. I really think Cerisa had the DCC look. I could see her making the team if she was a great (not good!) dancer, had great social skills, and awesome high kicks. 

I don't know:)  I think if Cerisa had handle the situation with her injury better.....she could have come back next year.  Or she could have done what Deryn did, and continue with TCC under a DCC doctor's care.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't know:)  I think if Cerisa had handle the situation with her injury better.....she could have come back next year.  Or she could have done what Deryn did, and continue with TCC under a DCC doctor's care.

Yea...that’s why I question if she was really hurt. If she wanted to be a DCC so bad, she could of told K/J and did what Deryn did. Or, heal and come back next season. But, she did neither. Miranda just took not making training camp so hard. What did she say...she was the ‘almost’ girl....anyway, just my theory that Cerisa bailed b/c she felt so bad/guilty about Miranda so she decided not to finish out training camp. Like I said...my theory only. 

• Love 5

Kelli’s face when Meghan told her off!  LMAO This scene will never not make me laugh.  And Kelli’s head nod to dismiss her out of the office!  Pure comedy! 😂😂😂

ADFDF347-4ED3-4786-8585-9FAC94B39690.jpeg

Edited by KickPretty
😂🤷🏽‍♀️
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Yea...that’s why I question if she was really hurt. If she wanted to be a DCC so bad, she could of told K/J and did what Deryn did. Or, heal and come back next season. But, she did neither. Miranda just took not making training camp so hard. What did she say...she was the ‘almost’ girl....anyway, just my theory that Cerisa bailed b/c she felt so bad/guilty about Miranda so she decided not to finish out training camp. Like I said...my theory only. 

cosign on this.  

1 hour ago, KickPretty said:

Kelli’s face when Meghan told her off!  LMAO This scene will never not make me laugh.  And Kelli’s head nod to dismiss her out of the office!  Pure comedy! 😂😂😂

I'd always felt as though Meghan was entitled and immature - I think she had a lot of other awesome qualities, but that kind of attitude was always going to keep her from being a DCC.  I empathized with how hard she took her last cut though - I know it must have been so hard to see her friends all around her make it, and never be able to get there herself.

• Love 2

Taylor should have seen she wasn’t going to make it when they didn’t give her a dcc hairstyle 🙂

When they were at Six flags talking to the all stars, I never paid much attention before when the all stars were giving advice and the first 1 says be a teammate and lift each other up, which made me wonder which ones had been out for themselves and made bad teammates 

side note- I hate the canned “cheering”. I know they hve to dub for rights and all, but it just doesn’t match up 

Edited by dariafan
Auto correct is not my friend
9 hours ago, raindancer said:

cosign on this.  

I'd always felt as though Meghan was entitled and immature - I think she had a lot of other awesome qualities, but that kind of attitude was always going to keep her from being a DCC.  I empathized with how hard she took her last cut though - I know it must have been so hard to see her friends all around her make it, and never be able to get there herself.

After 14 seasons, I think we all know that making it to TC (for a second, third time...) does NOT guarantee you a spot on the team. I personally don’t think they should of taken Meghan into training camp in season 5. They knew her past...memory mistakes, slower to pick up dance steps. The only reason I can think that they took her into TC for the third time was 1) Meghan had been training with Kitty and Kitty felt she was ready/able to make the team or 2) for the drama. Sure hope it wasn’t for the second reason. 

I agree. I’m sure it was super hard for her to be passed over while everyone around her became a DCC. 

• Love 5

After 14 seasons, I think we all know that making it to TC (for a second, third time...) does NOT guarantee you a spot on the team. I personally don’t think they should of taken Meghan into training camp in season 5. They knew her past...memory mistakes, slower to pick up dance steps. The only reason I can think that they took her into TC for the third time was 1) Meghan had been training with Kitty and Kitty felt she was ready/able to make the team or 2) for the drama. Sure hope it wasn’t for the second reason. 

I agree. I’m sure it was super hard for her to be passed over while everyone around her became a DCC. 

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. 

I'm so upset 😭 I've missed the first episodes of season 8 every single time. I assumed s8 would start today but when I came back it was on the 4th episode. Missed it again wtf

Does anyone have some sort of "guide" to when the episodes come out? This guessing game aint working for me

The way TCCs describe the critique they got on their dance in their talking heads always cracks me up.

Kelli: "You're really stiff"

TCCs be like (to camera): "They said I was just a teeny weeny itsy little bitty bit too stiff"

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, phylogeny said:

The way TCCs describe the critique they got on their dance in their talking heads always cracks me up.

Kelli: "You're really stiff"

TCCs be like (to camera): "They said I was just a teeny weeny itsy little bitty bit too stiff"

Malena was guilty of this many times, I felt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/25/2019 at 9:45 PM, DancingDina13 said:

His Instagram has toned down a lot recently and I wonder if someone said something to him about it. I know there was one woman calling him out on doing her dirty last year on it. He posted Lots of pics of partying and drinking on boats with bikini clad women and a few cheerleaders in the past (Schram was one I believe) He thinks he’s Dan Blizerian lol. Ask around DFW, it’s no big secret. 

💯 

just listen to him on that podcast. I feel like need to take a shower. Yuck.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tteek74 said:

just listen to him on that podcast. I feel like need to take a shower. Yuck.

I’ve never listened to the podcast but not surprising . I always thought it was ironic he was the one schooling the cheerleaders on social media etiquette yet some comments he makes on his own social media are sleazy. “If I don’t know you in real life, you are not my fb friend” apparently he doesn’t apply that rule to cat calling at women on Instagram 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, KickPretty said:

Who is everyone’s favorite TCC that never made the squad and why? Aside from Meghan of course, for telling K&J where to go.  Haha

Mine was Karissa Laynea (or however you spell it).  I just thought she was adorable, I was sad she got cut.  I had always hope she would try out again.  I googled and looks like she’s a lawyer now and getting married 😁

Victoria Brown (?) season 2. Cut due to weight. She was a really great dancer it seemed. I don’t think she ever auditioned again

sorry can’t find a picture of her. She had long curly brown hair. Similar to Brandi Kilby. 

• Love 1
On 9/27/2019 at 6:15 PM, trexbex said:

I'm so upset 😭 I've missed the first episodes of season 8 every single time. I assumed s8 would start today but when I came back it was on the 4th episode. Missed it again wtf

Does anyone have some sort of "guide" to when the episodes come out? This guessing game aint working for me

No.  I mean, I think it basically is supposed to go seasons 1 to 12.  It seems like they should just program the computer once and things would be fine. But then episodes or seasons skip.  So I guess the Pluto monkeys are up to mischief. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 1
On 9/17/2019 at 9:18 PM, KickPretty said:

Who is everyone’s favorite TCC that never made the squad and why? Aside from Meghan of course, for telling K&J where to go.  Haha

Mine was Karissa Laynea (or however you spell it).  I just thought she was adorable, I was sad she got cut.  I had always hope she would try out again.  I googled and looks like she’s a lawyer now and getting married 😁

So many!  Karissa, Kamie Rachel Buckmaster, Grace Sells.

What's pissing me off is that they don't show the Swimsuit calendar episode from Season 7.  They skip it.  Why??!?!?!

14 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

What's pissing me off is that they don't show the Swimsuit calendar episode from Season 7.  They skip it.  Why??!?!?!

Because I think damn Pluto wants to make sure I'm watching either season 1 or 12 😡

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 9/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, KickPretty said:

Karissa did audition the next season after her cut but didn't make it back to TC. Her solo was kind of bad compared to the first one she did. Kelli said she was making the DCC moves look bad.

1 hour ago, Beana8 said:

Who is everyone’s favorite TCC that never made the squad and why?

Well BeanA8 didn't ask but the quote was in her reply.

I don't know if I remember my favorites, but I wantedKami (confused on how to spell it) that had absolutely no memory but really tried her very best and didn't act entitled to make it.  She went on to get a masters in something or other and got on with her life.  I liked her even though she wasn't DCC good.  She was just so tickled to be there.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Well BeanA8 didn't ask but the quote was in her reply.

I don't know if I remember my favorites, but I wantedKami (confused on how to spell it) that had absolutely no memory but really tried her very best and didn't act entitled to make it.  She went on to get a masters in something or other and got on with her life.  I liked her even though she wasn't DCC good.  She was just so tickled to be there.

Are you referring to Kaime O Teeter who was brought in after the Minchew sisters quit?  She has been married for 5 years and expecting her first baby.  She's a host of a sports news show and a realtor. She has an IG and Facebook (Kaime Stroot).

• Love 3

Wow! Watching Season 4 and Kelli just cut Margaret Martinez because she wasn’t ‘camera ready!’ Ouch. Basically, I would take that as you’re not pretty enough. She made fun of Margaret’s smile...I think she had a gummy smile. Margaret was poised and professional after she was cut. I feel bad for her though. As long as this show is on, she’ll be seen as the girl who wasn’t ‘camera ready (aka...not pretty enough).’ That’s hard....could really cause a person to have such low self esteem. I think it would of been better to not bring her into TC....

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

Wow! Watching Season 4 and Kelli just cut Margaret Martinez because she wasn’t ‘camera ready!’ Ouch. Basically, I would take that as you’re not pretty enough. She made fun of Margaret’s smile...I think she had a gummy smile. 

Kelli doesn't have a problem with gummy smiles anymore seeing a certain DCC has one.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

Watching season two ... just noticed Meagan Sharp looked better with curl in her hair than after her so called makeover with the straight hair blow out.

I also think the stick-straight thing they did to Loni looked really bad, she styled her own hair much nicer IMO.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I also think the stick-straight thing they did to Loni looked really bad, she styled her own hair much nicer IMO.

You are so right .... watching the earlier season ... why they considered them makeovers is beyond me ... some they should have just left them alone LOL!! I will go further some so called "makeovers" like Alyssa season 6 ... I keep wondering what exactly did he do because I couldnt tell 🤣 she looked exactly the same to me 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Wow! Watching Season 4 and Kelli just cut Margaret Martinez because she wasn’t ‘camera ready!’ Ouch. Basically, I would take that as you’re not pretty enough. She made fun of Margaret’s smile...I think she had a gummy smile. Margaret was poised and professional after she was cut. I feel bad for her though. As long as this show is on, she’ll be seen as the girl who wasn’t ‘camera ready (aka...not pretty enough).’ That’s hard....could really cause a person to have such low self esteem. I think it would of been better to not bring her into TC....

"Camera ready" doesn't mean she isn't pretty enough, it means she's not photogenic enough...big difference. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

"Camera ready" doesn't mean she isn't pretty enough, it means she's not photogenic enough...big difference. 

Well, she was making fun of her mouth and the way it curved down....something to that extent. Kelli didn’t find her to be photogenic at all.  I took it as she didn’t think she was pretty. Maybe I misunderstood what she was saying. 

7 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I hope so, because I always thought "not camera ready" was their "nice" way of saying "not pretty enough."

• Love 10

Watching Season 7 on Pluto - one of my favorite seasons (Season 2 I love also) anyway its the episode where its just Judy and Kitty Carter.  Jessica is surprised to be called into the office and when Kitty calls her out for performing off and on...so she teared up and cried ... I always felt that Jessica was a good dancer  - not a wow and that Kelly just really liked her look can we say Simone (Ugh 🙄).  She strikes me as someone that would have no problem tattling to stay in good graces.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, lah715 said:

You are so right .... watching the earlier season ... why they considered them makeovers is beyond me ... some they should have just left them alone LOL!! I will go further some so called "makeovers" like Alyssa season 6 ... I keep wondering what exactly did he do because I couldnt tell 🤣 she looked exactly the same to me 

They trimmed and put in some highlights?  Low lights ?   They didn’t do much !

• LOL 1

I am an awful human being, and freely admit it... I do t like Chelsea’s rookie season cause of all her stories.  First is the one about her cousin I’m sorry you lost a loved 1 so early, but what had that got to do with you trying out ?  Then in her panel interview it was her dad saw the dcc in Bosnia   Just story story story 

• Love 3

Also watching Season 7 and after Jasmine's office visit when she is told she needs to take dance lessons, she is upset because she says she doesn't have the funds to pay for technique classes. 

This reminded me, did we ever get an answer to the much bigger funding problem of paying for medical issues? Does DCC help pay for medical care for injuries sustained during training camp?  There are lots of other examples, but I'm thinking of Rachel Lunsford who had knee surgery and then eight months of physical therapy.  I'm seeing major dollar signs there!💲💲💲

35 minutes ago, PattiD4DCC said:

Also watching Season 7 and after Jasmine's office visit when she is told she needs to take dance lessons, she is upset because she says she doesn't have the funds to pay for technique classes. 

This reminded me, did we ever get an answer to the much bigger funding problem of paying for medical issues? Does DCC help pay for medical care for injuries sustained during training camp?  There are lots of other examples, but I'm thinking of Rachel Lunsford who had knee surgery and then eight months of physical therapy.  I'm seeing major dollar signs there!💲💲💲

I'm sure they do.  I remember when Deryn had her injury they talked about her going to a Cowboys doctor...I don't remember but I think they said the same about Rachel.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm sure they do.  I remember when Deryn had her injury they talked about her going to a Cowboys doctor...I don't remember but I think they said the same about Rachel.

Deryn and Rachael both went to the Cowboy’s doctor (Dr Cooper).  However, as far as who is responsible for payment (regarding that hefty doctor bill, including physical therapy), I’m not really sure. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

V-E-G-A-S....G-A-G

Whenever that song comes on, I replace “Vegas” with other towns like Boise, Chico, Ogden, etc. to up the glam factor. 🤣🤣

Edited by ATLGirl
  • LOL 7