Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 9/17/2019 at 9:18 PM, KickPretty said:

Who is everyone’s favorite TCC that never made the squad and why? Aside from Meghan of course, for telling K&J where to go.  Haha

Mine was Karissa Laynea (or however you spell it).  I just thought she was adorable, I was sad she got cut.  I had always hope she would try out again.  I googled and looks like she’s a lawyer now and getting married 😁

I have a few... Shannon from Pennsylvania (loved her interview!) would have been a makeover dream, Amy Simone (auto Amy) should have made it, and Kyndall...I think she would have done fine.  

On 9/17/2019 at 8:07 PM, ByTor said:

"Well that's a little presumptuous to think you're getting two more days."  Yikes!  That season would have been so easy to cut to 37, LaRae & Morgan.  I liked Morgan, but girlfriend wasn't good at all.

Kaitlyn and Morgan...neither should have been on the team.  I got SO DARN TIRED of Morgan and her crying (insert Texas sized eye roll here).  Kaitlyn just annoyed the heck out of me. 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

The thing Karen was doing wrong was she didn’t correct her dance mistakes after being corrected. They showed her more than once “doing her own thing”. I think that killed her more than the boots. But I agree that she was a mature, well-spoken young woman who would have made a great ambassador.

I think she needed a little more time.  I was really disappointed she didn't come back the next year.  And in rewatching that season, that hair of hers is to die for!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Like Season 1 - Kelli to Kalli Fullerton:  you got no's from eleven judges, but you're high on my list, so you still have a chance.  

Awwww I loved Kalli. I was sad when she was cut on her second try years later. 

10 minutes ago, meb1130 said:

So bummed Pluto tv just skipped the finals episode season 11. Ugh!!!

Not me, I don't typically tune in until they get to training camp. I am also happy it's not season 7, 8, or 12 that I always seem to catch. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Who is everyone’s favorite TCC that never made the squad and why? Aside from Meghan of course, for telling K&J where to go.  Haha

Mine was Karissa Laynea (or however you spell it).  I just thought she was adorable, I was sad she got cut.  I had always hope she would try out again.  I googled and looks like she’s a lawyer now and getting married 😁

I'll always have a soft spot for Amy. In my eyes she should have been on the team above Christina.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Season 1 when the 2 quit tc, why couldn’t Kelli and Judy bring back 2 veterans ?  I mean if it upset them so much they had to cut them ? 

But if more than 2 vets were cut it would be hard hard thing to decide who to bring back. 

11 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Tessa for me. She just got a raw deal: her injury in training camp, and then her stroke a couple years later. She’s a fighter.

I'm still pissed she didn't get another shot at TC. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Who is everyone’s favorite TCC that never made the squad and why?

I would have to say Kalli Fullerton and Kyndall Fuller. Kalli, because on her second go at TC she stated in a blog somewhere that being a featured TCC really hurt her in the end. She would have to spend time filing fluff instead of dancing. Kyndall, because she showed class the whole way through and every time she was cut. I disagree that the field "swallowed her up."  

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

But if more than 2 vets were cut it would be hard hard thing to decide who to bring back. 

I'm still pissed she didn't get another shot at TC. 

They seemed to know who they were regretting having cut:)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Get out of the studio Kacey Musgraves! You're a singer not a dancer, you know nothing!

That whole visit had an odd vibe to it. Kacey’s affect was so flat and low key. Almost Meredith like? I felt like she didn’t really want to be there. Her blouse looked like kitchen curtains to me. 😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Watching episode 1 of season 12...

Those girls are wayyyyy overpaying for their auditions attire. The rhinestones are nice but I think having a simple one like Dayton's purple piece would save them a lot of money. Seriously, $300 to wear maybe twice is ridiculous. 

The guy who tried out for the DCC last year, he has a side gig putting rhinestones on audition outfits.  They look so good!  If you have the skills yourself or a friend who can do that for you - save some money.

• Love 1

I have always really loved Amy Simone....she is a total knockout, and she has grit and heart and would have been such a dedicated and beautiful DCC.  I’m still salty about her cut lol  I also really loved Kyndall.....she’s just adorable, and she has a great sense of humor and quick wit.  I loved her dedication and it broke my heart for her and Amy both when they were cut.  They’ll both always be DCCs to me.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, cheeseslices said:

Morgan's body always looked so square to me. Like Allie's, just thinner. Still surprises me Kelli took her shape onto the team.

Kelli was enamored with Morgan’s abs and the fact she’d had a child. And she photographed so well, whereas Allie did not. Plus Morgan had the Kitty seal of approval. But it didn’t save her the next year. 

I totally forgot about the office visit with Kaitlyn Larae in season 8 where Kelli said it should be her last night. Should have let her go! Ha she was saying all this stuff about her not being ready this year and that, but she kept her because she was so mesmerized by her beauty...ha. Her dancing wasn't good enough Kelli! I did think she was pretty though, and at least Kelli mentioned her getting check plusses from the other judges for her kicks and figure. 

I think Kyndall, Taryn, and Truck Taylor are the two girls who really should have been brought onto the squad.  If the girls are good enough on their own (without being dragged to the end by Kelly despite their faults, i.e. memory mistakes, weight, etc.), then they should have been brought onto the squad for at least 1 year.  These girls had everything it takes to make the squad yet Kelli decided to tell them "Thanks, but no thanks" and drop them last second.  In fact, I think Brennan and Taryn should have been brought onto the squad that year and Christina should have been cut right before Canton instead of Brennan.

• Love 9

"Truck Taylor"...I'm assuming is Taylor Lowery...who at 18 was still too immature to be on the team (a hillbilly version of VK last year if you will). She complained about her makeover then used it to act out a little more. She was an organizational liability with her poor grammar and unfiltered comments. I wish she would have auditioned again though. With some polish she'd have been a great DCC.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

"Truck Taylor"...I'm assuming is Taylor Lowery...who at 18 was still too immature to be on the team (a hillbilly version of VK last year if you will). She complained about her makeover then used it to act out a little more. She was an organizational liability with her poor grammar and unfiltered comments. I wish she would have auditioned again though. With some polish she'd have been a great DCC.

I think they mean "I'm Barbie, not Gumby" Taylor with the low kicks. She raced cars/trucks and was a promo girl at NHRA drag races.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The guy who tried out for the DCC last year, he has a side gig putting rhinestones on audition outfits.  They look so good!  If you have the skills yourself or a friend who can do that for you - save some money.

Or you get stuck coming to someone like me who charges 25 dollars an hour (true story) to do it 🙂

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dariafan said:

Or you get stuck coming to someone like me who charges 25 dollars an hour (true story) to do it 🙂

Oh, I can believe it!!  Your time, your experience, and of course, the proper materials - that costs money if you want it done right.  I have one friend who does cakes on the side of her full time job.  Those cakes are beautiful and she charges a competitive fee, but of course, there are some who say "since we're friends, I thought...…"  

21 minutes ago, BlueSilver said:

I think they mean "I'm Barbie, not Gumby" Taylor with the low kicks. She raced cars/trucks and was a promo girl at NHRA drag races.

Well.......I always took it that she wasn't too serious about being on the squad with that comment.  Other girls worked hard to get their kicks to where they needed to be.  

2 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Just curious, is there a contractual obligation that someone at the beginning of prelims gushes over how pretty and capable Kelli is?

How about at panel interviews this year when Meredith was asked who she considered to be a visionary?  Suck up city.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Kyndall, Taryn, and Truck Taylor are the two girls who really should have been brought onto the squad.  If the girls are good enough on their own (without being dragged to the end by Kelly despite their faults, i.e. memory mistakes, weight, etc.), then they should have been brought onto the squad for at least 1 year.  These girls had everything it takes to make the squad yet Kelli decided to tell them "Thanks, but no thanks" and drop them last second.  In fact, I think Brennan and Taryn should have been brought onto the squad that year and Christina should have been cut right before Canton instead of Brennan.

In my head, I refer to Truck Taylor as “Dreams Crushed” Taylor. When they watched her that last time on the field, I thought her kicks were not bad at all. Her power and showmanship were great. I’d have taken her over “we can wake up her wow” Breelan. I feel like they took Breelan largely because Melissa had invested so much time in her. Not because she was actually any good. 

• Love 10

I’m watching the drama-filled Season 12 tonight, and I’m confused. Milan did not audition for show group because of her school priorities. BUT, when they were showing off to the country music singer, K&J had some members from show group get up and perform, and Milan was right there, dancing. 

Did anyone else notice that?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MelissaMinion said:

I’m watching the drama-filled Season 12 tonight, and I’m confused. Milan did not audition for show group because of her school priorities. BUT, when they were showing off to the country music singer, K&J had some members from show group get up and perform, and Milan was right there, dancing. 

I think everyone technically has to "audition" for show group, but not everyone wants to be considered. Like if they already have a full time schedule with work or school like Milan. If they don't have time for the extra performances or commitment to show group, they don't have to do it. But I guess they all have to audition? I'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, MelissaMinion said:

They all "audition" whether they can do SG or not.  

11 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

poor grammar

This reminded me of Kimber, the one who didn't show up to an appearance.  She told Kelli she emailed her, but Kelli did not receive an email, to which Kimber confessed "I told my boyfriend to send it, he doesn't do nuthin' all day."

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:
10 hours ago, BlueSilver said:

Well.......I always took it that she wasn't too serious about being on the squad with that comment.  Other girls worked hard to get their kicks to where they needed to be.  

I couldn't stand her.  "Nobody deserves to get their dreams crushed"  So everybody should just get whatever they want because it's their "dream"?

7 hours ago, KickPretty said:

Season 12.  What’s that bandage on Jenna’s right shoulder?

I don't recall that...I do recall a bandage on Simone's shoulder because she had a cortisone shot.

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, raindancer said:

I have always really loved Amy Simone....she is a total knockout, and she has grit and heart and would have been such a dedicated and beautiful DCC.  I’m still salty about her cut lol  I also really loved Kyndall.....she’s just adorable, and she has a great sense of humor and quick wit.  I loved her dedication and it broke my heart for her and Amy both when they were cut.  They’ll both always be DCCs to me

I agree, I loved them both too and think they would have been fine and great assets to the team. Amy’s cut was especially hard for me. So many guest judges complimented her and she stood out and just shined. How they took on Morgan, Breelan and dingbat Kaitlyn but passes on Amy and Kendall will always baffles me. Also how Kelli and Charlotte ate up Chelsea’s obviously super fake interview crap makes me gag yet Kelli was horrible to Ashley Paige thinking she was fake . Ugh eye roll ! 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Yes...add Taryn to my list of TCC who I wish had made it.  I loved Taryn!

11 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

In my head, I refer to Truck Taylor as “Dreams Crushed” Taylor. When they watched her that last time on the field, I thought her kicks were not bad at all. Her power and showmanship were great. I’d have taken her over “we can wake up her wow” Breelan. I feel like they took Breelan largely because Melissa had invested so much time in her. Not because she was actually any good. 

I completely agree with you about Breelan...she should have never been on the team and I wasn't crazy about Taylor but would have taken her over Breelan.  

• Love 3

@Teriyaki Terror, you talking about someone looking like someone and Natalie Woods reminded me of something I've been meaning to say.  Sine I've pretty much been watching season 1 nonstop on Pluto, I can't help but think that especially around the eyes Natalie looks an awful lot like Charlotte, to the point that I wonder if they're related.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

@Teriyaki Terror, you talking about someone looking like someone and Natalie Woods reminded me of something I've been meaning to say.  Sine I've pretty much been watching season 1 nonstop on Pluto, I can't help but think that especially around the eyes Natalie looks an awful lot like Charlotte, to the point that I wonder if they're related.

You know ...I see what you mean...HMMMMMM!! 😛

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

My mind just exploded.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Watching on pluto TV - Jenna Brooks from season 6 that was cut for weight - should have been given a chance when she came back in season 11.  

I am thinking once you are voted out you really dont have chance to get back in 😞 

She was cut for weight not dance and she looked better and stronger than season 6 ... that is a shame and they took Briana a that had no hip hop or modern dance style because Kelli thought she was beautiful  ... seriously the girl never danced to modern music 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Omg Crystal Trevino's hair in season 3! Lol that was not a good look IMO. Although Kelli seemed to like it, she loved her appearance. 

And Kathryn Dunn is crying....lol  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lah715 said:

Watching on pluto TV - Jenna Brooks from season 6 that was cut for weight - should have been given a chance when she came back in season 11.  

I am thinking once you are voted out you really dont have chance to get back in 😞 

She was cut for weight not dance and she looked better and stronger than season 6 ... that is a shame and they took Briana a that had no hip hop or modern dance style because Kelli thought she was beautiful  ... seriously the girl never danced to modern music 

Honestly, if she had worn a better bra I think they wouldn't have noticed the weight.  The girls just were too soft looking so you noticed the belly.  And, if she had made it I wouldn't be able to tell her from Lexie.  Talk about twinning!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Opine said:

Honestly, if she had worn a better bra I think they wouldn't have noticed the weight.  The girls just were too soft looking so you noticed the belly.  And, if she had made it I wouldn't be able to tell her from Lexie.  Talk about twinning!!!

I was thinking the same thing .... at first I really thought she made it back in LOL!!!!

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Is that Yoshiko from the 2006 squad? She looks great.

Sure is! What a fun group of ladies...(Yoshiko, Kali, Jordan, Katy, and Jen) all from different seasons! Am I missing anyone? 

Edited by Pksbena1
Amended...
  • Love 2
On 9/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, KickPretty said:

Mine was Grace Sells....I think she was super talented, would of made a great ambassador, and worked her butt off w/Jay to slim down. She did everything they asked her to do and yet it wasn’t enough. I was sad for her. Think she would of made a great DCC! 

• Love 8