Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Those 2 never should have made TC.  Remind me again, who was it Kenley (the older one) went on to cheer for after getting cut from TC?

Kenley is the younger one (born ‘86), I believe I recall seeing a pic of her in an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader outfit, maybe? 

Lacey, born ‘83, I think just ended up marrying a NFL player. 

Although I really did not like them on MTT, I think Kenley would have had a real shot at it if she’d had waited to try out until after her pageant days (Reign? Tenure? I don’t know pageant world terminology 🤷🏻‍♀️) were over. I always wondered if it was Lacey making the decisions for their duo, and Kenley just tagging along. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I liked both of the Minchew ladies, if I’m being honest. Yes, should have waited until the pageant obligations were done though. The sisters also could have handled that much better, because TPTB aren’t above making exceptions for talented, pretty women. Especially when the younger one came back...some groveling might have helped. 

I always thought Kelli was weird about the older sister, too, because heaven knows plenty of pageant girls (fake, plastic, mannequin-like) have made it through. I like that “Barbie” look just as much as the fresh faced girl next door, personally. Something for everyone! 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
On 8/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, that ep - laying down the law????

Yes! So I haven’t had the opportunity to rewatch this particular episode, but I do recall actually agreeing with Cassie on this one. *Quickly ducks* But, I just think Cassie really has a lot of trouble expressing her thoughts clearly and eloquently. But I do not disagree with what she was trying to say. 

Does anyone else who is rewatching find that they have changed their minds about  certain things? For instance, in season 6 when Cassie calls out Taylor, I recall initially thinking Cassie was just a Bitch-with-a-capital-B. But upon rewatch, several years later, I can’t help feeling completely annoyed with Taylor’s personality. Maybe it was her immaturity, I’m not sure.  I still think that Cassie and/or Ally as group leaders should have handled the situation a lot differently, but Taylor was just uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yes! So I haven’t had the opportunity to rewatch this particular episode, but I do recall actually agreeing with Cassie on this one. *Quickly ducks* But, I just think Cassie really has a lot of trouble expressing her thoughts clearly and eloquently. But I do not disagree with what she was trying to say. 

Does anyone else who is rewatching find that they have changed their minds about  certain things? For instance, in season 6 when Cassie calls out Taylor, I recall initially thinking Cassie was just a Bitch-with-a-capital-B. But upon rewatch, several years later, I can’t help feeling completely annoyed with Taylor’s personality. Maybe it was her immaturity, I’m not sure.  I still think that Cassie and/or Ally as group leaders should have handled the situation a lot differently, but Taylor was just uncomfortable to watch. 

IMO Judy shouldn't have put Cassie on the spot to confront Taylor.  The discussion should've happened in private.  Was Kitty there that night? IIRC she was and that may've played into why Judy put Cassie on the spot.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed some wording
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

IMO Judy shouldn't have put Cassie on the spot to confront Taylor.  The discussion should've happened in private.  Was Kitty there that night? IIRC she was and that may've played into why Judy put Cassie on the spot.

I think you are right, that may have been a Kitty night. And I completely agree! If Taylor was doing or saying things that caught the negative attention of her (or any) group leaders, those group leaders should have pulled her aside and talked to her about it. It is weak leadership that allowed that confrontation to play out the way it did.

Which brings me to another frustration...

In every profession I’ve been in, those who have been in leadership positions (whether it was a formal leadership position or not), went through continuous leadership development training. Just saying “you are a leader now” doesn’t guarantee that these girls know what that means. They may be able to teach dance, but is that all that expected of them? When Kelli sits Jenna down and says, “I need you to be a leader,” does Jenna know what the actual expectations are of her as a leader?

Sorry for my ramblings. My team at work is in charge of our company-wide leadership curriculum in my job, so thinking about this is a job hazard. Plus, my husband was transferred to another state last week and Im still waiting for my transfer to go through, on top of not feeling well today, so I’m binge watching all day from bed in my pjs with a lot of time to think about these things.....

• Love 4

Watching so many of these older shows thanks to Pluto, I am becoming more and more disgusted with Kitty Carter. I've had supervisors who "told it like it is" in a way that wasn't demeaning. It's not impossible. I mean, we only see what the TV shows us and who knows what she's "really" like, but she just seems to enjoy being aggressively mean. Her criticism doesn't seem to be constructive, it's just...mean. She just told some poor girl, "you were on the plank and I pushed you off." BRAV-OH. If that's something you take pride in, I invite you to take several seats, assuming you can find one that fits your ample cushion. Plus, as someone else pointed out, she PUTS HER HANDS on these girls. Not okay. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AuntTora said:

Watching so many of these older shows thanks to Pluto, I am becoming more and more disgusted with Kitty Carter. I've had supervisors who "told it like it is" in a way that wasn't demeaning. It's not impossible. I mean, we only see what the TV shows us and who knows what she's "really" like, but she just seems to enjoy being aggressively mean. Her criticism doesn't seem to be constructive, it's just...mean. She just told some poor girl, "you were on the plank and I pushed you off." BRAV-OH. If that's something you take pride in, I invite you to take several seats, assuming you can find one that fits your ample cushion. Plus, as someone else pointed out, she PUTS HER HANDS on these girls. Not okay. 

Kitty was "helping" the girls before Finals during Season 7 and Karissa Lynae was there.  Kitty was trying to get MORE out of her and blew in her face to make her hair fly--she basically spit in her face!!

5 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Which brings me to another frustration...

In every profession I’ve been in, those who have been in leadership positions (whether it was a formal leadership position or not), went through continuous leadership development training. Just saying “you are a leader now” doesn’t guarantee that these girls know what that means. They may be able to teach dance, but is that all that expected of them? When Kelli sits Jenna down and says, “I need you to be a leader,” does Jenna know what the actual expectations are of her as a leader?

Maybe this is why they had that "leadership" discussion on the show this week?

23 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Those 2 never should have made TC.  Remind me again, who was it Kenley (the older one) went on to cheer for after getting cut from TC?

14 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Kenley is the younger one (born ‘86), I believe I recall seeing a pic of her in an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader outfit, maybe?

Kenley was a Mavs dancer (2010-12)  and a Falcons cheerleader (2013-14)

1990770544_KenleyDMD.thumb.jpg.7956b8c86941380e8e87b072c5803341.jpg

87380093_KenleyAFC.jpg.7f78f262fa79613316195e9ed8d8635a.jpg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sleepyjean said:

Kenley was a Mavs dancer (2010-12)  and a Falcons cheerleader (2013-14)

1990770544_KenleyDMD.thumb.jpg.7956b8c86941380e8e87b072c5803341.jpg

87380093_KenleyAFC.jpg.7f78f262fa79613316195e9ed8d8635a.jpg

Ohhhh  that's right, she went to Atlanta! Didn't Loni Lindsay(sp?) do that after she left as well? How many times did Loni audition before making the DCC?

52 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Ohhhh  that's right, she went to Atlanta! Didn't Loni Lindsay(sp?) do that after she left as well? How many times did Loni audition before making the DCC?

Loni was a Falcons cheerleader before she auditioned for DCC (not after). Gina Becchetti is the only person I can think of off hand who went to another NFL team after being a DCC.

Edited by sleepyjean
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Loni was a Falcons cheerleader before she auditioned for DCC (not after). Gina Becchetti is the only person I can think of off hand who went to another NFL team after being a DCC.

Ohhhhh gotcha.  For some reason I thought it was the other way around

On 8/30/2019 at 5:56 PM, DocBrown said:

THANK YOU to the poster who told us about Pluto tv! I’ve managed to access it, and season 1 is starting shortly. I’m so excited to finally see it! 

I could be wrong, but I believe it was Christine Elgene who first alerted us to the wonders and joys of Pluto CheerTV 24/7!  If I'm correct, please step forward @Christineelgene to accept your many thanks from so many of us on these boards. I certainly want to express my gratitude! Sure, this channel has drained all productivity from my life, but I'm thrilled to have access to all the old seasons.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Remember when the board was Polaroids taped to a mirror😂

Eh kindasorta....

On 9/1/2019 at 7:02 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

Kenley is the younger one (born ‘86)

I always thought it was the other way around.  She looked older than Lacey at the time.

I also have been watching previous seasons and how Simone was able to get past her rookie year is beyond me .... she looks like a slacker and when she does keep up she is a blender.  The season Kashara was put at point and they were showing flashbacks you can clearly see Simone messing up in the back ground and then the drama with group photo the following season she is crying because her "best friend" was getting married that day and she was missing out .

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lah715 said:

I also have been watching previous seasons and how Simone was able to get past her rookie year is beyond me .... she looks like a slacker and when she does keep up she is a blender.  The season Kashara was put at point and they were showing flashbacks you can clearly see Simone messing up in the back ground and then the drama with group photo the following season she is crying because her "best friend" was getting married that day and she was missing out .

I liked Simone at first...but then she just faded to me.  If she was upset over the group photo being done on her BFs wedding day, all I can say is "Sorry...but you signed up for this".  The head honchos aren't going to reschedule the shoot for a friend's wedding.  

• Love 1
On 9/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

Maybe they should have made her read a book about Jackie Onassis Kennedy and give a crazy awkward book report in front of everyone. Man rewatching that back I felt incredibly bad for Megan.

Edited by heckkitty
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, heckkitty said:

Maybe they should have made her read a book about Jackie Onassis Kennedy and give a crazy awkward book report in front of everyone. Many rewatching that back I felt incredibly bad for Megan.

I literally LOL’d at the same I took a sip of my drink, and a tiny bit of White Claw almost came out of my nose. 😂 

Agreed on Megan. Just giving her a book to read wasn’t going to help her. Her personality was not one that lent itself to impromptu public speaking. (Which reminds me: Kelli! I instruct public speaking as part of a leadership program. I can help! Call me! 😬). 

Two that I really wish would have made it: Liz Reuter and Lauren Gibbler (Gibler?) 

One that I have a soft spot for although I think cutting her was the right decision: Karissa. I loved her confidence during her panel interview and just her attitude in general. Refreshing compared to girls who don’t know what a political party is or what FBI stands for (sorry, I’m sensitive to that one). I’m glad she is doing well  

Two that I’m MORE annoyed with now even though I wasn’t the first time around: Morgan and Breelan. 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Agreed on Megan. Just giving her a book to read wasn’t going to help her. Her personality was not one that lent itself to impromptu public speaking. 

I think she would have been a risk at interviews.  She was sweet, but seemed very sheltered.

11 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Two that I’m MORE annoyed with now even though I wasn’t the first time around: Morgan and Breelan. 

If I watch eps once a week, I really don't notice things as much as I should.  But when you go back and you watch a marathon of one season - Wow!!  Breelan didn't bug me until I watched all her eps in a row and then it was, how did she make the squad??  Any girl who is hiding from K&J should be cut.  I think they should take turns being in front of the mirror, and therefore, K&J.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Rewatching, Savannah is the one who is even worse than I remember.  It still irks me that she & Tara made it instead of Brennan and Taryn.

• Love 9
On 9/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

Yes! So I haven’t had the opportunity to rewatch this particular episode, but I do recall actually agreeing with Cassie on this one.

It should be on tonight - we're on Season 6 ep 3 right now:)

• Love 1

Taylor is the worst. Seriously. I think I might prefer VK when it comes down to a very long line of immature 18 year olds that have made camp over the years. Guess they can’t all be Lacey 😂😂 

On a side note, I’ve recently joined Orange Theory Fitness, and tonight’s coach reminded me soooo much of Jay. Barky, boot camp style. I hated it so much and I snickered about any of the girls over the years that also don’t respond to that type of motivation but had to suck it up and smile pretty anyway. 

• Love 2

As many of you know, several former DCC TCCs/Finalists have gone to Miami to cheer for the Dolphins.

• TCC (Popcorn) Kelly
  • TCC Whitney
  • Finalist Jamie
  • Finalist Jenny
  • DSIG Kayla (not sure if she ever auditioned for DCC?)

MDC had auditions earlier this summer and afterwards, they went Radio-Silent!  I did find one IG story that showed a picture of the TCCs and Jenny was NOT in that picture.  (She was still recovering from surgery when they had auditions.)  They've posted a few teasers about the team on social media recently and apparently, they DID let Jenny into training camp because she's in some of the teasers!  Also, it looks like they cut Whitney from Training Camp (she was the one that got into some "trouble" earlier this year--I'll just leave it at that.) 

Since the regular season is about to start, they should post the girls' pictures on their website soon...

2019-09-04 (3) - Copy.png

2019-09-04 (1) - Copy.png

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

MDC had auditions earlier this summer and afterwards, they went Radio-Silent!  I did find one IG story that showed a picture of the TCCs and Jenny was NOT in that picture.  (She was still recovering from surgery when they had auditions.)  They've posted a few teasers about the team on social media recently and apparently, they DID let Jenny into training camp because she's in some of the teasers!

I actually noticed this.  I have a feeling she was let go due to injury & was given a job in the organization.  Her LinkedIn says she is Account Manager, Event Sales at Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium.

On 8/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, scorpio1031 said:

In all the years I have watched the show, Taylor is the only one I can think of who got an "edgy" hair cut.  Usually it's a different hair color that sends them into "hair-shock"

I really think they wanted to punish Taylor.  And those extensions...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

Rewatching, Savannah is the one who is even worse than I remember.  It still irks me that she & Tara made it instead of Brennan and Taryn.

Same!  You know I love Brennan and I really really liked Taryn as well! I would have loved to have seen her on the team.  

• Love 3
Just now, Kayce said:

Same!  You know I love Brennan and I really really liked Taryn as well! I would have loved to have seen her on the team.  

So since that wasn't Brennan's year, I would have MUCH preferred Taryn to make the squad over Savannah.  Hell, I'd take a team full of Christinas over one Savannah.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

So since that wasn't Brennan's year, I would have MUCH preferred Taryn to make the squad over Savannah.  Hell, I'd take a team full of Christinas over one Savannah.

Can I like this 1000x ?? 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This morning I was watching that season Danielle & Jasmine made it, and I had to laugh at what Kelli said to Jasmine...that she reminds her of her rookie friend Tina Kalina, where most comments about her were "clunky clunky clunky" LOL

• LOL 5

Oh heavens, I'll take Savannah all day long over whiny Christina.  Savannah seems like a hard worker with a good heart, and she's at least improved her dancing.  I admire Christina's perseverance, but she needs to hang up those boots.  I was shocked she made it back this year.  

How anything surprises me on this show is beyond me, though.  They're consistently inconsistent!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I actually noticed this.  I have a feeling she was let go due to injury & was given a job in the organization.  Her LinkedIn says she is Account Manager, Event Sales at Miami Dolphins and Hard Rock Stadium.

Jenny did make it back. I l belong to a Facebook NFL/NBA chherleader fan group. There were some pictures posted of the new MDC uniforms and Jenny was in one of them. I asked the member who posted the picture about it. She said Jenny made it back but she didn't think Whitney did.  Also said they took 32 to TC and cut to a squad of 27. There's a 2 part video on the MDC Facebook page of the 2019 auditions and TC. When they announced the squad I didn't see Whitney but I did see Jenny, Jamie, Kelly, Kayla, and Molly who was a Texas Legends dancer. 

ETA: Last month on Jenny's IG someone asked her if she's cheering again this year. She answered " stay tuned" so that made me think she might be back. 

Edited by MrsEVH
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Jenny did make it back. I l belong to a Facebook NFL/NBA chherleader fan group. There were some pictures posted of the new MDC uniforms and Jenny was in one of them. I asked the member who posted the picture about it. She said Jenny made it back but she didn't think Whitney did.  Also said they took 32 to TC and cut to a squad of 27. There's a 2 part video on the MDC Facebook page of the 2019 auditions and TC. When they announced the squad I didn't see Whitney but I did see Jenny, Jamie, Kelly, Kayla, and Molly who was a Texas Legends dancer. 

ETA: Last month on Jenny's IG someone asked her if she's cheering again this year. She answered " stay tuned" so that made me think she might be back. 

and it's called....wait for it...... MDC: Making the Team 😛