Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

From what I recall of the forum scuttlebutt at the time, Holly did intend on staying, but her mother got in her ear. Basically, the insider said that Holly’s mother convinced Holly that she was the best dancer on the team (probably true) and that Kelli would back down on punishment if she threatened to quit. Well, Kelli didn’t back down, and Holly ended up quitting a couple days later. Again, all just rumor on here around the time it happened. But it seemed to be pretty accurate with how it ended up playing out on the show.  

In fairness, she was. If you’re basing it on true technique and showmanship, she had it all. If she’d have stayed/not got in trouble, she would’ve been point after Jenna. Kashara wouldn’t have been in the running considering her 3rd year was her first in SG and she got point in one fell swoop!

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

In fairness, she was. If you’re basing it on true technique and showmanship, she had it all. If she’d have stayed/not got in trouble, she would’ve been point after Jenna. Kashara wouldn’t have been in the running considering her 3rd year was her first in SG and she got point in one fell swoop!

Oh I totally agree! Holly was a fabulous dancer and incredibly entertaining. Would have been interesting to see her mature into a leader. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, kcrabtree06 said:

So I’ve been binge watching the earlier seasons on Pluto TV and there is so much cringe!! I was watching one episode where the girls were on a retreat, and 6-7 girls were standing in a line with their backsides to a sketch artist while the artist sketched their bottoms.

I'm just now catching up on this thread (I'm mainly a lurker for the spoiler page, but like y'all I'm binging the Pluto channel). When I first read this comment, as a Dallas native I was like "ooooh, I kind of want to point out that this is actually a 'thing' here, that there is a company called The Original Butt Sketch that has an entire team of artists who are hired for corporate events and weddings and retreats much like one would hire a caricature artist except instead of a cartoony version of you in a go-cart, it's your backside and there is always some cutesy phrase written in like 'the best days are ahead' or 'cheers to the years behind us'.  (Can you tell that we have a few of these in our house? Look up the sketches online, the ones in formal wear really do look awesome and are fun + different mementos.) So the girls aren't necessarily being skanky and/or the artist wasn't being a huge perv by asking them to turn around; really the DCC organizers of the retreat brought that artist in specifically for that purpose.

BUT as I started typing this, I'm now thinking 'that scene hasn't aged well, and if you didn't know any of the backstory (see what I did there) of course it looks horrible.' (And side note: I'm also wondering how that business is doing in 2019.) 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, StarWarner said:

Every time I see Kalyssa I get super annoyed at her. She was the whole package and just didn't seem to appreciate her DCC experience. 

Yeah, she wanted to become a nudist instead. The girl is trashy. Have you seen her Instagram? Get over your daddy issues Kalyssa and put some clothes on! 

I'm currently watching season 4. Ugh the body fat scan was ridiculous. Way to give perfectly shaped women a complex. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Yeah, she wanted to become a nudist instead. The girl is trashy. Have you seen her Instagram? Get over your daddy issues Kalyssa and put some clothes on! 

I'm currently watching season 4. Ugh the body fat scan was ridiculous. Way to give perfectly shaped women a complex. 

Remember that scene where they were doing those assessments and they were saying all the cheerleaders needed to be under a certain body fat percentage and then the camera pans over to a chart on the wall with that number that says that something along the lines of "risky low body fat"? Imagine if they showed something like that today. I've noticed they've been a lot sneakier in recent seasons about saying any actual numbers because they're so low.

Edited by phylogeny
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

Did Pluto.tv just skip two episodes ?
They just finished Episode 406, and the next on is 501 -- Season 4 has 8 episodes in my book ... 🤷‍♂️😱

I just got a Firestick. Experts, looks like DCC epi's are $1.99 EACH to watch on Pluto.  Is that correct?  Am I doing something wrong (should they be free, or are you all so enthralled that you're paying)???

Just now, DKay said:

I just got a Firestick. Experts, looks like DCC epi's are $1.99 EACH to watch on Pluto.  Is that correct?  Am I doing something wrong (should they be free, or are you all so enthralled that you're paying)???

No payment for me, just via the webpage at pluto.tv. Well, I had to get  a VPN provider to fake my location 🙂

• LOL 1
On 8/25/2019 at 2:01 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Kelsi, Evan and Kaitlin are just stunning.  Michelle K looks much better with dark hair - makes her eyes pop.  Ashton looks better than she does now. 

I disagree. I think she looks better with blonde hair. 

Whoever wanted to see Jackie Bob say her full name, it's on season 5 episode 3.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DKay said:

Go to the DCC cheerleader Live TV channel and it’s free 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

Did Pluto.tv just skip two episodes ?
They just finished Episode 406, and the next on is 501 -- Season 4 has 8 episodes in my book ... 🤷‍♂️😱

Yeah, they skipped the finals ep from season 10 the other night.  I wasn't sure if this was just a one time thing.

• Love 2

Interesting BTS info - Jay explains why he went off on the girls last year during the physical fitness segment and how it got a girl cut from TC.  He also gives his opinion on the girls wanting more money - made me change my opinion of him:/  Kitty talks about her DCC career and the show.  Natalie Woods talks about her DCC career and what helped her make the team.

• Love 2

I can't recall who told us about Pluto TV but thank you! i'm wfh today and have slid so far down the MTT rabbit hole! I'mw watching season 10 and they just released Rachel Buckmaster, wow was she the most gracious human ever to stroll through the system, wow! 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Interesting BTS info - Jay explains why he went off on the girls last year during the physical fitness segment and how it got a girl cut from TC.  He also gives his opinion on the girls wanting more money - made me change my opinion of him:/  Kitty talks about her DCC career and the show.  Natalie Woods talks about her DCC career and what helped her make the team.

Don't they have a sound technician on that show ? I can hardly hear Miss Kitty - talk about whisper-dancing - this is worse.. normally she's all BAM! in your face, PUNCH me !! 

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I haven't watched this yet. Did he say who got cut because of it?

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I haven't watched this yet. Did he say who got cut because of it?

No, but when I re-watched the segment, Jasmine was cut later in the ep.  He felt that she wasn't taking it seriously and he told K&J.  

• Love 2

Currently watching season 6, I don't think they gave Kalli Fullerton a fair chance. I remember reading something she wrote on a blog a few years ago about how if your journey is high lighted it hinders your chances of making the team. She had  to spend time filming scenes over practicing because CMT needed shot after shot. 

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I remember them telling Courtney from Fla. that she needed to weigh 104 lbs.! And she said, “I’ve never weighed that.” She shouldn’t have been expected to, in my opinion. She left after a year and I’m guessing she knew she could not maintain that weight. 

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Well, she did get a law degree and is engaged to be married in December so it looks like she worked through her issues and is doing pretty well now.

I do remember thinking at the time the show aired that her home situation truly held her back, being expected to raise her siblings with an absentee Mom. I don’t feel she had the time to devote to the dance training she needed with all the demands being placed on her at the time. 

I think the OP was talking about Kalyssa from Season 12, not Karissa from earlier seasons who you are talking about. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

I think the OP was talking about Kalyssa from Season 12, not Karissa from earlier seasons who you are talking about. 

I realized that after I’d posted it and deleted it. Yeah, Kalyssa is...yikes. 😱

36 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Kalyssa Karissa Carisa

Ashley B Ashley M Ashley P Ashley H

Kalli Kali

Katelyn Kaitlin I Kaitlin L Kaitlyn L

Meagan F Meagan S Megan P Megan C Meagan M Meghan P

Too many Courtney's to mention

We need DCC MTT flash cards😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Before - cause she shows up for the squad photo the day after her surgery

Yeah I knew she was on crutches before squad photo. I remember there being a rehearsal and Kelli saying "We know Brooke is injured".  I think this was when they were setting kickline? I was trying to remember if that was before or after the photo.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Spelling

Long time reader, first time posting. I’ve been binge watching the past seasons on Pluto. Thank you to whoever let us know about the CMT channel. 

I miss Kelly’s wardrobe from the early seasons. She had a fun style. Her current choice of dresses is boring. 

Judy has great hair. I recall a few years ago Cassie posted a picture on Instagram of Judy’s hot roller set from the 80’s, she still used it! 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 4:53 PM, scorpio1031 said:

@ShellyB  Listening to a podcast with Natalie Woods, Kitty C and Jay - Natalie said that according to you, she had the widest hips in DCC history - is that true?

LOL...she says I said this to her, but I can’t imagine saying it, nor do I remember. She has a great figure...tiny little waist. She’s curvy, but definitely not the widest hips I’ve seen in the uniform. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

LOL...she says I said this to her, but I can’t imagine saying it, nor do I remember. She has a great figure...tiny little waist. She curvy, but definitely not the widest hips I’ve seen in the uniform. 

It's so funny cause I caught an ep yesterday where she is trying out - Season 2, I think - and I'm looking at her hips next to the other girls:)  Great abs, but her hips weren't that wide😂

• Love 1

I've lost count how many times I've seen the seasons and yet every time I see those girls and Kelli jump out of the plane to skydive, I am in awe of every single one for having the courage to do it. 

I come from a family of Air Force pilots so don't have a fear of planes or flying.  But jumping out of a plane at 13,500 feet is something I know I could never do.  I wish I could because I bet it's a rush like no other.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've lost count how many times I've seen the seasons and yet every time I see those girls and Kelli jump out of the plane to skydive, I am in awe of every single one for having the courage to do it. 

I come from a family of Air Force pilots so don't have a fear of planes or flying.  But jumping out of a plane at 13,500 feet is something I know I could never do.  I wish I could because I bet it's a rush like no other.

I did it years ago and hated it. The free fall was awful. Not too bad once the parachute opened though. Every time I watch that scene I get flashbacks of how bad it was 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, GHOSTOFKITTY said:

Judy has great hair. I recall a few years ago Cassie posted a picture on Instagram of Judy’s hot roller set from the 80’s, she still used it! 

I am not at all surprised.  Those things WORK!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Before - cause she shows up for the squad photo the day after her surgery

That's why she's in the 2nd row at the end to hide her leg. They showed her in TC with crutches where she explained what happened to her knee.

6 hours ago, chrishunt said:

@ShellyB can you ask Judy to pass along some hair tips? Watching back these seasons I’m amazed at how perfect her blowout always looks 🤣

You’d probably be shocked by her hair tips. She has the BEST hair on any human! It’s really quite unfair! 🤣 IIRC, other than the normal upkeep of highlights & trims, she washes/conditions/dries everyday...and without over-the-top or special kind of products. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

You’d probably be shocked by her hair tips. She has the BEST hair on any human! It’s really quite unfair! 🤣 IIRC, other than the normal upkeep of highlights & trims, she washes/conditions/dries everyday...and without over-the-top or special kind of products. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Aww...watching the 2014 season makes me remember just how hard I was rooting for Rockford Amy.

If Morgan made the team, they really could have made room for Amy Simone, and she would have been the most dedicated DCC EVER.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I can't find it right now but IIRC, when asked what shampoo she uses, Judy once posted she uses something like Suave and has for years.

23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Oh my god besides Kitty, the hypocrisy coming from Jay who is a known steroid user talking about natural talent and either you have it or dont...like have several seats...he has always creeped me out and a just total loser of a person. The whole "Military this Military that" the military might teach you discipline, but it also takes away your self worth as an individual...you are just a number in the realm of the military world. (not to start controversy) I have respect for the troops, but sometimes military get off acting like what they do is the best thing in the world...when in reality majority of them have zero to no skill in the real world so all they can be is a "yes sir", "no sir" type of person..I have friends that are ex army that say it is like a form of brainwashing if you are not careful.

Natalie Wood I have always liked, but for her to say you have to be the best of the best....girl you couldn't make the team had you tried out these last 10 seasons...

Lastly, them trashing Erica for wanting more money. When we all know they deserve more money. It's not just a "part time" when they practice everyday and have events almost every other week. These girls sacrifice a lot to be on this team. I know the contract sets it's terms, but if these girls have to be the best of the best show them their worth...Erica was ten times the DCC Natalie and Kitty probably ever were....The lack of empathy for these girls is nauseating sometimes. They say "well if you don't like it you can quit" then the girl does and she is blacklisted for making her own choices not being some brainless dance doll..

Things need to change. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 10

Any time Kelli tells us she's looking for girls with charisma, am I the only one who expects her to continue with "uniqueness, nerve and talent"?

Just me?

Edited by An Offt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Things need to change.

Things won't change if the girls accept what they get now. 

When the great girls stop coming for handouts, then the quality of the team will fall, because they will become good, or mediocre even.. no more world class.

So, the girls have all the power, but they need to unite.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

Things won't change if the girls accept what they get now. 

When the great girls stop coming for handouts, then the quality of the team will fall, because they will become good, or mediocre even.. no more world class.

So, the girls have all the power, but they need to unite.

1000% Agreed. I understand it is a privilege to a part of the Dallas Cowboy Family, however it's also a privilege to have those with incredible talent want to be a part of your family. 

COME ON GIRLS UNITE AND FIGHT FOR YOUR WORTH PERIOD

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Hildegard802 said:

Is there a secret to watching Pluto I'm missing?  Watching on a laptop. Went fine for several days, but now all I get is screen freeze.  Cannot figure out how to fix it.  

That happens to me.  I scroll down to another channel and click it.  It comes on and then I go back up and click DCC.  Works for me then.

45 minutes ago, Hildegard802 said:

Is there a secret to watching Pluto I'm missing?  Watching on a laptop. Went fine for several days, but now all I get is screen freeze.  Cannot figure out how to fix it.  

no secret tricks - just browse to http://pluto.tv/live-tv/cmt-cheer-247

I'm watching it from Europe, through a VPN server in NY, without any hiccups (well, if you don't count commercials as hiccups, they get very interruptive 🤪