Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I did an online search with a seller on eBay listing his Star magazines by game day girls but he didn’t the date you are looking for which was the Red Kettle Day with Rhett ?

Yes I think that is correct. Thanksgiving game 11/23/2017

I’ve been watching the clock when they are in the studio to see how strange the edits can be   I could not have ever had the stamina to work or go to school  and then have that physical of a part time job all week 

• Love 6

I also have always had an issue with ms Cheryl brining the scales out.   Moving scales can mess with the calibration   They need to stay in 1 place. And be calibrated regularly.  Thank you for coming to my Ted talk 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/12/2022 at 5:50 AM, dariafan said:

I also have always had an issue with ms Cheryl brining the scales out.   Moving scales can mess with the calibration   They need to stay in 1 place. And be calibrated regularly.  Thank you for coming to my Ted talk 

I've also wondered why they use one of the old school scales where you have to move the weights? across the bar. Why not a digital scale, so the number flashes quickly and everyone can move on?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I've also wondered why they use one of the old school scales where you have to move the weights? across the bar.

I've heard that this old-fashioned "slide the bar" scales are the most accurate. I don't agree with it, but I've heard that's why many doctors' offices still use them.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

The ESPN article has extensive details…all alleged and any wrongdoing denied.  

Amazing that access cards to the locker room was that widespread.  

The sparkle has sure come off the organization for me after reading the espn article.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33231841/dallas-cowboys-paid-24-million-settle-cheerleaders-voyeurism-allegations

Yes this was all posted yesterday on the former dcc section 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, ByTor said:

I've heard that this old-fashioned "slide the bar" scales are the most accurate. I don't agree with it, but I've heard that's why many doctors' offices still use them.

My current and previous MD clinics no longer use those anymore. They have something almost like a freight scale. You step on a large platform and the number comes up digitally on a screen mounted on the wall.

• Love 2
On 2/17/2022 at 4:37 PM, ByTor said:

I use one! It takes up extra room that I don’t love, but I can see that it’s calibrated before I step on it. I’ve had several different digital scales over the years and over time I could step on them three times in a row and I’d get a different reading each time. I was messing with my head. 

• Love 3
On 2/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I've also wondered why they use one of the old school scales where you have to move the weights? across the bar. Why not a digital scale, so the number flashes quickly and everyone can move on?

Maybe its me and idk what the scales are like in your area but the digital scales I bought here in the uk are just "hilarious" I bought 4 different brand once and weighed myself (same day/time etc)  and all 4 gave me 4 completely different numbers. with a big 1 stone difference between the lowest and the highest number from the 4 scales and that was from using it one after another so hardly think I somehow "managed" to gain a whole stone within 1 or 2 min. Sadly returned all of them for different numbers. My doctors has one of them old school scales that was a lot more accurate. 

• Love 1

The living situations have always interested/baffled me   For instance Karissa season 6.  She co owned a business and assisted with another.   And living in a motel hotel.  What was she gonna do for the full year had she made it ?   

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

They were fairly early on in DCC land, so they're looks have matured...

They've been on the Bachelor franchise shows not all that long ago, they definitely look tweaked.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

They've been on the Bachelor franchise shows not all that long ago, they definitely look tweaked.

Definitely a little different, but it looks subtle.

Maybe a little bone reshaping of the nose bridge? Their noses look different but not completely changed. Coupled with makeup contour and Instagram filters? Possibly a little filler, but they don’t look puffy, stretched, or frozen like some of the girls do. 

At least from what they post on social media, no clue what they look like in person.

IMO, they look so much prettier now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, dariafan said:

The living situations have always interested/baffled me   For instance Karissa season 6.  She co owned a business and assisted with another.   And living in a motel hotel.  What was she gonna do for the full year had she made it ?   

Was she the one who was sleeping in her car?  I felt really worried for her.  Assuming that story was true and not just set up for TV.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Was she the one who was sleeping in her car?  I felt really worried for her.  Assuming that story was true and not just set up for TV.

I believe Karissa was from San Antonio so she probably didn't have a place to stay. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, 88Keys said:

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I believe Karissa was from San Antonio so she probably didn't have a place to stay. 

It was karissa. She practically "begged" Amber whilst they were waiting to go into the first meeting and Amber let her move in

• Love 2
15 hours ago, 88Keys said:

That whole thing was weird.  She said she had driven up to Dallas from San Antonio that day (which was believable, it's like 4-5 hours and first meeting isn't until the evening).  But she said she had driven from hotel to hotel and there were no vacancies?  There are so many hotels in the area, I'm assuming she meant she was looking close to Valley Ranch since that would make sense to be nearby for training camp.  But why would she have waited until that day to book a hotel room?  And what was (supposedly) going on that every hotel was booked solid?  I literally can't think of an event big enough that would have booked every single hotel in the area.

• Love 5
On 2/28/2022 at 10:58 AM, dariafan said:

I can understand why most girls wouldn't want to sign a 6 month or year lease if they aren't guaranteed to make the team.  It can be hard to find a short term or month to month lease, not to mention month to month can be expensive.  I think some girls stay in a hotel through training camp then sign a lease for a more permanent place once they've made the team.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

That whole thing was weird.  She said she had driven up to Dallas from San Antonio that day (which was believable, it's like 4-5 hours and first meeting isn't until the evening).  But she said she had driven from hotel to hotel and there were no vacancies?  There are so many hotels in the area, I'm assuming she meant she was looking close to Valley Ranch since that would make sense to be nearby for training camp.  But why would she have waited until that day to book a hotel room?  And what was (supposedly) going on that every hotel was booked solid?  I literally can't think of an event big enough that would have booked every single hotel in the area.

Agree, I thought her sleeping arrangements were strange too. At the time, I thought it was due to a fairly spontaneous decision to try out without giving it much thought or preparation, which could explain the lack of arrangements.

On hindsight, I have this feeling that she was added for show purposes if you know what I mean? From the very first episode, I wondered if she was ever going to make it. She didn’t stand out in dance, showmanship or personality (though I did like her) and not as a typical DCC, yet she made it into TC. And I keep wondering why…

• Love 6

Karissa was on the San Antonio Rampage Ice Girls back in 2010. It probably was her only dance experience on a team. Here's 2 videos of her back then She was just average.

• Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Karissa was on the San Antonio Rampage Ice Girls back in 2010. It probably was her only dance experience on a team. Here's 2 videos of her back then She was just average.

WOW!  Is it just me or did no one in those videos have any energy?  I know the choreography is average to bad in and of itself but STILL!  There are some girls who can make choreography like this look amazing and some that can make it look bad while most of the girls just make it look somewhere in the middle.  Karissa seems to just be marking time in some cases and not finishing out the moves.

Edited by EricaShadows

Speaking of sleeping in your car, wasn't Paige doing that as well?  Then she moved in with (I think) Jinelle (which Apple just tried to change to "Jingle" LOL)?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of sleeping in your car, wasn't Paige doing that as well?  Then she moved in with (I think) Jinelle (which Apple just tried to change to "Jingle" LOL)?

😂.

Yes that was Paige (in season 8, I believe). 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know of a site that has older cameo photos of past squads?

I suspect the best and most comprehensive site is pompedia.com They have individual photos of most of the DCC from the earliest days to current squad. All the squad photos as well. Not all in the camio format we know now but I'm not sure how long the current camios have been a thing.

Edited by PomPomPom
Spelling correction
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is it sad that I can watch office visits in Season 12 and recognize a cheerleader in a picture behind Kelli and Judy on that shelf (Maggie Rouse)??

Not sad.  Many of us do this.    It’s why we are here !   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

I suspect the best and most comprehensive site is pompedia.com They have individual photos of most of the DCC from the earliest days to current squad. All the squad photos as well. Not all in the camio format we know now but I'm not sure how long the current camios have been a thing.

Pompedia is a good site, but they don't have the cameo photos, only headshots. I've seen cameos of certain girls dating as far back as Season 6, so I think they've been at it for a while. I know the Cowboys site has the current squad cameos, and (if I'm not mistaken) they used to have a site just for the cheerleaders, which they've now merged with the team site...that used to have past squad photos, but are seemingly only to be found now on the wikia.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:58 PM, MrsEVH said:

That was HA HA HA HA HA HA sorry. Who is their director? Is that team still around? I think the reason why they made it (judging by those videos) is because they seem to be weak dancers (and I hate to say it like that) but how many of those girls stay on that team for long term eg a few years?).

Wasn't there a dance team that a former DCC made called something MDD or something but they dont cheer for a specific team but do random charity work (just like the USA Cheerleaders) in the town and the director take on the "rejects/weak dancers" and basically "groom" them on appearances and get them dance ready for other teams etc? But that team then disbanded because of funds or something?

On 3/2/2022 at 8:55 PM, aeroluv327 said:

I can understand why most girls wouldn't want to sign a 6 month or year lease if they aren't guaranteed to make the team.  It can be hard to find a short term or month to month lease, not to mention month to month can be expensive.  I think some girls stay in a hotel through training camp then sign a lease for a more permanent place once they've made the team.

What exactly is the minimum rental lease in America esp in Valley Ranch area and now Fort Worth (or wherever the star is)? Because where I live in the uk it is a min 1 year before we can break clause and move. (Well we can move out before the minimum term but if we do we have to pay whatever is remaining of the contract). So if those girls are signing 6 to 12 month min clause either they are super rich to break clause when they get cut during TCC, esp those out of towners how the hell they getting the money for it? I have savings but certainly would not justify paying the remaining months just to move out without getting my moneys worth.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, ByTor said:

Yes that was paige, they moved in when TCC started. Which I found super funny to the extent of how Jinelle went from that rental property to living in a hotel for about 5-ish years. Paige apparently moved in with Danielle when she (Paige) made the team. Which I suspect is one of the reasons there was a scene of Danielle pulled into the office that we never saw CRYING (this was after the Chelsea said "the fatties are still on the team"). Was that because she was called back in over her weight or because K and J found out that Paige had started fraternising with Jeff and warned Danielle about it for knowing but because Danielle is a fan favorite that office call was never shown/was edited out

9 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Pompedia is a good site, but they don't have the cameo photos, only headshots. I've seen cameos of certain girls dating as far back as Season 6, so I think they've been at it for a while. I know the Cowboys site has the current squad cameos, and (if I'm not mistaken) they used to have a site just for the cheerleaders, which they've now merged with the team site...that used to have past squad photos, but are seemingly only to be found now on the wikia.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

What bothers me about both pompedia and the old cheerleaders site was the squad photos from the early years where they NAME the girls and some of the girls are now PHYSICALLY CALLED "left squad". Just like the Scholz sisters, 2 of them lasted a few years on the squad and the middle one was still on the squad when the youngest made the squad and then left somewhere mid her rookie year.

Listen Charlotte and Kelli we ALL know you read this forum. I don't give two F's whether you like those girls or not FOR LEAVING but for F sake it is DEMEANING and plain bloody rude to call them "left squad". Esp you Charlotte who didn't like that issue with lawsuit with the 2.5 mill payout, don't talk about how you found that demeaning, degrading etc when you do the exact same yourself to these girls. Bully. If you want to call them that then I will refer to you as dementia and bitch. Yes I know its rude. but tit for tat cos they can sue you for that if they really wanted to drag up things that happened decades ago

On 3/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, LilyD said:

Agree, I thought her sleeping arrangements were strange too. At the time, I thought it was due to a fairly spontaneous decision to try out without giving it much thought or preparation, which could explain the lack of arrangements.

On hindsight, I have this feeling that she was added for show purposes if you know what I mean? From the very first episode, I wondered if she was ever going to make it. She didn’t stand out in dance, showmanship or personality (though I did like her) and not as a typical DCC, yet she made it into TC. And I keep wondering why…

Yeah, I don't think she made it to TC based on her dance ability.  I think she was a diamond in the rough/makeover story.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

What exactly is the minimum rental lease in America esp in Valley Ranch area and now Fort Worth (or wherever the star is)? Because where I live in the uk it is a min 1 year before we can break clause and move. (Well we can move out before the minimum term but if we do we have to pay whatever is remaining of the contract). So if those girls are signing 6 to 12 month min clause either they are super rich to break clause when they get cut during TCC, esp those out of towners how the hell they getting the money for it? I have savings but certainly would not justify paying the remaining months just to move out without getting my moneys worth.

It's been a long time since I was apartment-hunting, but I remember most places had a minimum of 6 or 12 month leases.  Very few places will do shorter than that or go month-to-month, those that do are usually pretty pricey.  You can break the lease sooner, but like in the UK you'll either pay the remainder of the contract or pay a penalty for breaking the lease (which is sometimes just as much as if you paid the remainder contract).  Plus, you usually have to give 30 days notice before you move out.  

Who knows, maybe some girls end up staying in Dallas even if they get cut.  Depending on where they are from, they may find more opportunities for work (dance or otherwise) here, or they may want to try out again the next year anyway.

4 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Who knows, maybe some girls end up staying in Dallas even if they get cut.  Depending on where they are from, they may find more opportunities for work (dance or otherwise) here, or they may want to try out again the next year anyway.

Or sometimes there are cases with roommates where one makes the team and one doesn't, I imagine they do some roommate swapping when that happens.

• Love 1

I think with the popularity of VRBO and Air B&B, many go that route until they’ve made the squad officially, or if they decide to stay no matter what, then sign the lease.  Or they stay with the host families, especially the young ones. 

There’s also a good amount of short term rentals in DFW, and a lot of corporate apartments in Plano and Frisco, where The Star is located. Valley Ranch had a zillion bland apartments serving the same purpose back in the day too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

That was HA HA HA HA HA HA sorry. Who is their director? Is that team still around? I think the reason why they made it (judging by those videos) is because they seem to be weak dancers (and I hate to say it like that) but how many of those girls stay on that team for long term eg a few years?).

Wasn't there a dance team that a former DCC made called something MDD or something but they dont cheer for a specific team but do random charity work (just like the USA Cheerleaders) in the town and the director take on the "rejects/weak dancers" and basically "groom" them on appearances and get them dance ready for other teams etc? But that team then disbanded because of funds or something?

The Rampage Ice Girls were discontinued a few years after Karissa was on it. 

The Texas Star Dancers are the team you're thinking of. It was led by former DCC Crystal Risher. I think she stopped doing it about maybe 5 years ago. A few notable girls got their start on it. Former DCC Calia, Former TCCs Emily Roslyn, Mallory, Shelbi, Former Ice Girls and Ice Angels Madi and Jennifer. 

The Marshalls Darling Deputies (MDD) danced/cheered  for an arena football team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 11:00 PM, kalibean said:

I think with the popularity of VRBO and Air B&B, many go that route until they’ve made the squad officially, or if they decide to stay no matter what, then sign the lease.  Or they stay with the host families, especially the young ones. 

There’s also a good amount of short term rentals in DFW, and a lot of corporate apartments in Plano and Frisco, where The Star is located. Valley Ranch had a zillion bland apartments serving the same purpose back in the day too. 

Ok thank you. I haven't got a air b&b account (and never used air b&b before), so didnt even think of that!!! So no idea the prices of that, assuming they are kind of like hotel room prices depending on property and what they offering and whether they include basics like bedsheets, kitchen things

On 3/10/2022 at 1:12 AM, MrsEVH said:

The Rampage Ice Girls were discontinued a few years after Karissa was on it. 

The Texas Star Dancers are the team you're thinking of. It was led by former DCC Crystal Risher. I think she stopped doing it about maybe 5 years ago. A few notable girls got their start on it. Former DCC Calia, Former TCCs Emily Roslyn, Mallory, Shelbi, Former Ice Girls and Ice Angels Madi and Jennifer. 

The Marshalls Darling Deputies (MDD) danced/cheered  for an arena football team.

Thank you. Tho wasn't Caila a former Junior DCC? I remembered her talking about how she was "groomed" to be a dcc by former dccs who were dccs when she was junior dcc and was then her teachers and taught her to be a dcc. I vaguely remember her, Jennifer Amburn and VK being the only ones who talked about junior dcc on the show/on camera. maybe there were more I haven't seen season 1 or 2 or the 2hr special  (they are not on us itunes or anywhere I find, and i can't watch pluto the vpns charges me about £100 for a few days, so not worth it for me just to watch it)

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Thank you. Tho wasn't Caila a former Junior DCC? I remembered her talking about how she was "groomed" to be a dcc by former dccs who were dccs when she was junior dcc and was then her teachers and taught her to be a dcc. I vaguely remember her, Jennifer Amburn and VK being the only ones who talked about junior dcc on the show/on camera. maybe there were more I haven't seen season 1 or 2 or the 2hr special  (they are not on us itunes or anywhere I find, and i can't watch pluto the vpns charges me about £100 for a few days, so not worth it for me just to watch it)

You're welcome. I believe Deanna Hernandez from the very first MTT (back in 2005) was a Junior  DCC.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I vaguely remember her, Jennifer Amburn and VK being the only ones who talked about junior dcc on the show/on camera.

Did Cassie ever mention on the show that she was one? I don't recall.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, ByTor said:

Did Cassie ever mention on the show that she was one? I don't recall.

I watched it. Dont think she mentioned it. She mentioned ALOT her rookie season that her mom was the choreographe. 2 year onwards it was still mentioned but not as much as her rookie year, I suspect that she was probably "made" to mention that her mother was a choreographer (thats how it was said etc) by the producers because that makes it a bit more entertaining/interesting/intrigued for the viewers that one of the current "higher power" who is still working for the company has a daughter that is now old enough to tryout and work for the company too.

It is prob the same as that girl who auditioned a few years after Cassie retired who said her dad was a former or a current (I cant remember which) cowboys player  but she was  not focused on that much even tho her dad had been a cowboys player. Same as all the other legacies that tried out but not featured that much because even tho their mothers cheered for the cowboys unless they made the squad themselves than it wasn't completely focused on them unless their mom had "pulling power" with Kelli or Judy or Charlotte like Cassie or VK or Dayton whose mom Shelly is pretty much close to Kelli, Judy and Charlotte and still works for the cheerleaders. IDK how much Madeline S was "featured/given air time" the first time she tried out and her rookie year as I didn't watch those seasons at all besides the highlight on youtube (too cringey for me to even watch it)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

I watched it. Dont think she mentioned it. She mentioned ALOT her rookie season that her mom was the choreographe. 2 year onwards it was still mentioned but not as much as her rookie year, I suspect that she was probably "made" to mention that her mother was a choreographer (thats how it was said etc) by the producers because that makes it a bit more entertaining/interesting/intrigued for the viewers that one of the current "higher power" who is still working for the company has a daughter that is now old enough to tryout and work for the company too.

It is prob the same as that girl who auditioned a few years after Cassie retired who said her dad was a former or a current (I cant remember which) cowboys player  but she was  not focused on that much even tho her dad had been a cowboys player. Same as all the other legacies that tried out but not featured that much because even tho their mothers cheered for the cowboys unless they made the squad themselves than it wasn't completely focused on them unless their mom had "pulling power" with Kelli or Judy or Charlotte like Cassie or VK or Dayton whose mom Shelly is pretty much close to Kelli, Judy and Charlotte and still works for the cheerleaders. IDK how much Madeline S was "featured/given air time" the first time she tried out and her rookie year as I didn't watch those seasons at all besides the highlight on youtube (too cringey for me to even watch it)

Madeline S had an interesting take on the whole legacy issue. She said, her first tryout season, that she didn't consider herself a legacy unless she actually made the squad.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

IDK how much Madeline S was "featured/given air time" the first time she tried out and her rookie year as I didn't watch those seasons at all besides the highlight on youtube (too cringey for me to even watch it)

Madeline was given air time but Kelli picked on her alot. I almost got the impression Kelli and Madeline's mom, Shannon did not get along . I also think she was cut to make room for Victoria.

8 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Madeline S had an interesting take on the whole legacy issue. She said, her first tryout season, that she didn't consider herself a legacy unless she actually made the squad.

She has the right thinking there. Thats the way to think with the legacy situation, your not a legacy until you made it yourself. Shes bright girl that one.

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Madeline was given air time but Kelli picked on her alot. I almost got the impression Kelli and Madeline's mom, Shannon did not get along . I also think she was cut to make room for Victoria.

Yea Kelli is the biggest bully of the lot. Tho wait what gave you the impression they didnt get along? I wonder where Madeline will be this year's audition, I hope they don't cut pre lims, semis and finals again if the show is renewed, because thats going to be your gold with 2 legacy's fighting for their spot back (Madeline and VK returning from a year out)

• Love 1