Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I wonder if the portrayal caused enrollment at her studio to decline?  Perhaps she didn't like sharing the spotlight with the new, fresh faces they brought in as guest choreographers?  It does seem odd that she just fell off the show so abruptly.

Maybe it was the YEARS of being so critical about the girls’ weight but then saying Victoria should get a pass for 11 lbs. That’s when she lost any credibility with me. Before that, I thought that while harsh at times, she was usually spot on with her most of her comments.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I don't really hang on this thread much, but has the fact that Tessa had a stroke been talked about in the past? I had no idea.

I remember someone on this board mentioning she had had a stroke fairly young, but I have never heard her story.  That is terrifying, that she was alone for 36 hours.  :(  What an amazing story, thank you for sharing!  

• Love 3

Great find, thank you for posting.  I remember a lot of talk about it happening, but don't recall this video.  The 36 hour thing is BONKERS.  I'm kind of surprised the boyfriend didn't follow up before then, but thankfully her boss did!

• Love 1
On 8/17/2021 at 6:10 AM, TB12 said:

Did anyone else ever notice how visibly pissed Kelli seems during the first meeting of Hannah (who was cute for weight during her 2nd season) season? When Hannah was giving her introduction saying she just graduated with a high GPA or whatever she said, Kelli gives that snarky squinty look at her. It's like she pissed at her from jump. They shouldn't have taken her into training camp bc clearly it seemed Kelli had no use for her. Yet Paige gained what 13 lbs that season, Veronica was much heavier and others.

I always thought Kelli was so mad at her weight gain bc Hannah was such an amazing, fresh dancer and suddenly was too heavy to "fit in her uniform." Another big loss for the squad, let the girl try and lose the few pounds she gained. Or I should say, give her the respect she deserves... 

Just saw this episode the other day and yes Kelli is super pissed at her. All Kelli says is that Hannah was on WW her rookie year and she did not bring her best to training camp. That says to me that Hannah was given multiple opportunities to lose the weight and didn't. I'm sure there was more to the story than what was shown

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

For all of you that watch the old season's on Pluto:  Am I dreaming this?  They just showed Lexie in her bedroom talking about being a medical transcriptionist and I swear it is the exact same bedroom they showed Brennan in one time!  The reason I noticed is that it has only a single bed.  I don't know anyone over like 9 that has just one single bed!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/24/2021 at 10:41 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Maybe it was the YEARS of being so critical about the girls’ weight but then saying Victoria should get a pass for 11 lbs. That’s when she lost any credibility with me. Before that, I thought that while harsh at times, she was usually spot on with her most of her comments.

I still wonder if there was some editing going on there. Like maybe the "give her the respect to lose the weight" was said in the context of something like "don't try to make her lose too much weight too fast, she'll never be able to do it & she'll feel defeated, show her some respect and give her until next year."

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Opine said:

For all of you that watch the old season's on Pluto:  Am I dreaming this?  They just showed Lexie in her bedroom talking about being a medical transcriptionist and I swear it is the exact same bedroom they showed Brennan in one time!  The reason I noticed is that it has only a single bed.  I don't know anyone over like 9 that has just one single bed!

It wouldn't surprise me if they have a 'girls bedroom' set that they use for some of those TC confessionals.

WAY less expense and hassle than filming girls in their actual homes. They probably didn't bother to re-dress it because they thought we wouldn't notice. Nice catch!

• Love 5

Season 11 is on now, that class had some of the prettiest TCC, wow Heather O, Maggie (absolute stunner), Mandy, Kelsey (pre procedures), my beloved Auto Amy, Khalyn just wow how have I never realized what a pretty class they were!

• Love 9

I feel bad for her, and she’s obviously upset still. That said, they’re specifically told they need to be up on current events for their interviews, and media “training” is on their schedules. A quick way to do that is look at trending hashtags on your social media accounts or flip through the news sections on Facebook and Reddit…would have taken her ten minutes. 

• Love 13

I don’t give Taylor a pass on not knowing Me Too.  She knows she is going to be asked about current events and at that time it was huge news.    You don’t get to change the question to how you could have gotten it right.  There are ample ways to answer me too even to talk about presumption of innocence balanced on how brave people are to speak out.  Me Too was even on Instagram that she got her news from.  So yes it hurts her to watch but she did not come prepared 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

image.png.09abba3896171ffe76298609190e7fd3.png

I can relate - I have totally tuned out current events and social trends at various times in my life. But if you had watched MTT any of the years prior, any TCC knows you may get skewered on current events. I think it was doubly hard for Taylor when she returned the following season and they didn’t give her a repeat chance with a training camp invite. There was no way Kelli was going to back down, and if she was only going to be a blender at best, I doubt I would have given her another TC spot either. I think Taylor really wanted to believe if you work hard enough for something you will be rewarded, and that is why she tried again. I think in her post above she owns it - it’s healthy healing to say it happened, compartmentalize it, and move on and not let it define you.

PS - young women of the world  … Everything does not happen for a reason though, that is the lamest and most trite false reassurance out there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I don’t give Taylor a pass on not knowing Me Too.  She knows she is going to be asked about current events and at that time it was huge news.    You don’t get to change the question to how you could have gotten it right.  There are ample ways to answer me too even to talk about presumption of innocence balanced on how brave people are to speak out.  Me Too was even on Instagram that she got her news from.  So yes it hurts her to watch but she did not come prepared 

Yeah. I feel for her because the whole process seems like it’s so pressure-filled that I think anyone could have a slip up. Also, it has to be tough with it being on tv. However, if she couldn’t keep track of the biggest news stories out there, while dancing and working, then that was an understandable reason to cut her because that’s a requirement, whether it should be or not.

Also, just being blunt, no one should have needed context to know what the #metoo movement was. It was literally everywhere. I believe that the #metoo movement was named the Time Person of the Year that year. It was absolutely the type of question someone that might get (whether in an interview or casual conversation) without any sort of lead-in or context because it was that prevalent in the news. 

Regardless, I hope she is doing well. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 9
47 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

PS - young women of the world  … Everything does not happen for a reason though, that is the lamest and most trite false reassurance out there.

Agree.  Also the "God has bigger plans" is another lame one.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Agree.  Also the "God has bigger plans" is another lame one.

That one always cracks me up.  God has lots of bigger issues to worry about, he really doesn't care if you make it onto a dance team!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, kalibean said:

I feel bad for her, and she’s obviously upset still. That said, they’re specifically told they need to be up on current events for their interviews, and media “training” is on their schedules. A quick way to do that is look at trending hashtags on your social media accounts or flip through the news sections on Facebook and Reddit…would have taken her ten minutes. 

2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I can relate - I have totally tuned out current events and social trends at various times in my life. But if you had watched MTT any of the years prior, any TCC knows you may get skewered on current events. I think it was doubly hard for Taylor when she returned the following season and they didn’t give her a repeat chance with a training camp invite. There was no way Kelli was going to back down, and if she was only going to be a blender at best, I doubt I would have given her another TC spot either. I think Taylor really wanted to believe if you work hard enough for something you will be rewarded, and that is why she tried again. I think in her post above she owns it - it’s healthy healing to say it happened, compartmentalize it, and move on and not let it define you.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Also, just being blunt, no one should have needed context to know what the #metoo movement was. It was literally everywhere. I believe that the #metoo movement was named the Time Person of the Year that year. It was absolutely the type of question someone that might get (whether in an interview or casual conversation) without any sort of lead-in or context because it was that prevalent in the news. 

Regardless, I hope she is doing well. 

I agree that Taylor should have known what the #MeToo movement was.She should have been more informed, and deserved to be cut. At the same time, the show could have focused on the importance of the movement instead of focusing on her ignorance.  

Imo portraying someone as stupid is so much more damaging than portraying them as a bad dancer. They did humiliate her and she should call them out.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Kamal said:

image.png.09abba3896171ffe76298609190e7fd3.png

100% get why she was cut. 

But NO ONE needs to feel like driving their car “off the freeway.” 

So sad for her, and appreciate her sharing her side of the story. 

• Love 7
On 10/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, kacesq said:

Does anyone know if seasons 13 on are streaming anywhere? 

I’ve been watching Pluto nonstop and need the later seasons...

Pluto so rarely works for me.  It just sits there and buffers except for during the day.  

Someone here said they went to the game and said Gina looked fine in real life.

She's obviously a very tiny girl with a slight build.  That photo shows her with an arched back and her arms high which accentuates her ribbiness.  She could probably gain 10 pounds and her ribs would still show (mine do).

• Love 2

At the risk of sounding completely insensitive, I feel like many young people today didn't develop coping skills like we did growing up in the 70s/80 and even the 90s.  I feel bad for her but she needs to hold herself accountable and own her mistake (if that's what you would call it).  Expressing that she wanted to drive her car off the freeway is a pretty dramatic response to something that happened to her because of her own lack of preparation. I would go so far as to say it discounts young people who are in actual crises. It's okay to say you are embarrassed about something you did or how editing on a tv show you signed up for made you look. But saying she wanted to harm herself over it seems like a bridge too far. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

At the risk of sounding completely insensitive, I feel like many young people today didn't develop coping skills like we did growing up in the 70s/80 and even the 90s.  I feel bad for her but she needs to hold herself accountable and own her mistake (if that's what you would call it).  Expressing that she wanted to drive her car off the freeway is a pretty dramatic response to something that happened to her because of her own lack of preparation. I would go so far as to say it discounts young people who are in actual crises. It's okay to say you are embarrassed about something you did or how editing on a tv show you signed up for made you look. But saying she wanted to harm herself over it seems like a bridge too far. 

I just think social media completely changed the game in this regard. I’m a millennial (whereas I assume Taylor may be Gen Z or right on the borderline between the 2), so I came of age in the 90s and 2000s, and even then, the atmosphere was completely different than it is now. Teenagers were starting to get cell phones when I was in high school but the phones weren’t advanced like they are now, and social media wasn’t yet a big thing. When I was in college, Facebook was for college kids, and IG, Snapchat, etc weren’t around yet.

Nowadays, kids have cell phones and tablets in middle and even elementary school, and everything and everyone is on social media. When I was in school, everyone went home after school and sports and had a little bit of a break (outside of phone calls and texts). Now, there is no escape from the drama because of social media. I definitely think that plays a role in developing coping skills. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
55 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I just think social media completely changed the game in this regard. I’m a millennial (whereas I assume Taylor may be Gen Z or right on the borderline between the 2), so I came of age in the 90s and 2000s, and even then, the atmosphere was completely different than it is now. Teenagers were starting to get cell phones when I was in high school but the phones weren’t advanced like they are now, and social media wasn’t yet a big thing. When I was in college, Facebook was for college kids, and IG, Snapchat, etc weren’t around yet.

Nowadays, kids have cell phones and tablets in middle and even elementary school, and everything and everyone is on social media. When I was in school, everyone went home after school and sports and had a little bit of a break (outside of phone calls and texts). Now, there is no escape from the drama because of social media. I definitely think that plays a role in developing coping skills. 

Your post reminded me of T9 texting and how much I miss it 😊  You only needed your thumb to do it and if you were good at it it was pretty much foolproof!

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Also, just being blunt, no one should have needed context to know what the #metoo movement was.

I was not much of a news follower AT ALL during that time, and even I knew what #metoo was. That was just bad on her part 

22 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Everything does not happen for a reason though, that is the lamest and most trite false reassurance out there.

Well, in her case, there was a reason, the reason being she was an ambassador risk 😆 LOL just teasing, but seriously, are people THAT afraid to admit that maybe something didn't happen for them because they aren't as good at it as they thought, and that their talents may lie elsewhere?

• Love 6

Taylor's whole post focused on what everyone should have been doing for HER, not the other way around.  Her feelings don't automatically equal facts, and her ignorance wasn't going to be excused no matter what her reasons were for not knowing.  Of course it's okay to not know something, but that doesn't mean you get a pass just because everything else was in line for you to make the team.  Just ask Zoe from Season 4 (the one that was cut for her Tom Landry flub).

• Love 6
On 10/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, RedDelicious said:

Edited by evasworld123
deleted
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2021 at 8:53 AM, RedDelicious said:

At the risk of sounding completely insensitive, I feel like many young people today didn't develop coping skills like we did growing up in the 70s/80 and even the 90s.  

I agree with his having as daughter born in '89 who grew up in the 90s. The difference is I taught her those skills when a lot of parents did not for their kids. I blame the schools as well for being too soft on the kids compared to when I went in the late 60s/70s. The whole "everyone's a winner there's no losers" and rewarding them for everything they do and don't do. It probably did a disservice to  a lot of kids. JMHO.

• Love 4
On 10/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, RedDelicious said:

Well said! I read her post and as you said, it completely radiated the fact that she doesn’t hold herself accountable at all and tries to defend herself with poor excuses.

MrsEVH suggested that schools are partly to blame for their soft attitude. As a teacher I have to say that we are forced to be lenient and gentle by parents who complain about everything. We’re asking too much of this generation princes and princesses and if they don’t tell us that, they’ll tell us that failed tests are due to our incapable teaching as junior is so smart and hard working…. (even when junior flat out refuses to do his schoolwork)

When I started teaching 19 years ago, most parents held their kids (partly) accountable and told them more often to man up and work a bit harder. Today, some parents even email to complain that we give only 8 weeks to read a book that doesn’t even have 200 pages.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well said! I read her post and as you said, it completely radiated the fact that she doesn’t hold herself accountable at all and tries to defend herself with poor excuses.

MrsEVH suggested that schools are partly to blame for their soft attitude. As a teacher I have to say that we are forced to be lenient and gentle by parents who complain about everything. We’re asking too much of this generation princes and princesses and if they don’t tell us that, they’ll tell us that failed tests are due to our incapable teaching as junior is so smart and hard working…. (even when junior flat out refuses to do his schoolwork)

When I started teaching 19 years ago, most parents held their kids (partly) accountable and told them more often to man up and work a bit harder. Today, some parents even email to complain that we give only 8 weeks to read a book that doesn’t even have 200 pages.

I feel for you.  Teaching has to be difficult these days. I believe we’ve gone overboard on mollycoddling kids.  I grew up not everyone made the team, kids flunked, if you got caught doing something wrong your neighbors told your parents, etc. kids were taught to deal with disappointment.  We need to teach acceptance of mental health issues without normalizing that every kid is just anxious, depressed, suicidal. Life has ups and downs.  school is a kid’s equivalent of work and they should be held accountable to get their work done and not praised for doing the minimum. As a supervisor, I felt young lawyers wanted me to praise them for the fact they showed up and were angry if someone else got praised for being outstanding at the actual job performance.  All of that goes back to how parents have changed and ask teachers to make it easier for their kids 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

I feel for you.  Teaching has to be difficult these days. I believe we’ve gone overboard on mollycoddling kids.  I grew up not everyone made the team, kids flunked, if you got caught doing something wrong your neighbors told your parents, etc. kids were taught to deal with disappointment.  We need to teach acceptance of mental health issues without normalizing that every kid is just anxious, depressed, suicidal. Life has ups and downs.  school is a kid’s equivalent of work and they should be held accountable to get their work done and not praised for doing the minimum. As a supervisor, I felt young lawyers wanted me to praise them for the fact they showed up and were angry if someone else got praised for being outstanding at the actual job performance.  All of that goes back to how parents have changed and ask teachers to make it easier for their kids 

YES!!

• Love 3

Taylor should have known about the Me Too movement. No excuses. Her post lacks personal accountability so I understand the frustration with it.

However, I don’t like seeing her criticized for sharing her own sexual assault experience and that she felt suicidal after being humiliated. The ability to be vulnerable and share emotions authentically is something to be praised in my mind. It doesn’t make her not tough or dramatic.

My parents taught me to take responsibility and not blame others. I’m grateful for this. However, telling kids to ‘get over it’ when they’re upset isn’t quality parenting. Just results in emotionally stunted adults with anxiety disorders and more. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 10

Cuts that should have happened...

Season 1: Kristen Hager

Season 2: Loni, Kelly Jo

Season 5: Stephanie Heymann

Season 7: Emily Claire, Teri (too whiny)

Season 8: Morgan, Kaitlyn

Season 9: Ashley, Breelan

Season 12: Alexandria

Season 14: Meredith 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, BlueBear2008 said:

They're all 1 year only DCCs except Alexandria whose a 1/4 year DCC. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, BlueBear2008 said:

With you on all of these but Alexandria - why for? I liked her look once she got her eyelashes sorted (I HATE lash extensions, they always look bonkers) and I liked her dancing too.  I mean, she bailed but if you weren’t clairvoyant I’m curious why you’d cut her. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, BlueBear2008 said:

Why Alexandria?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

Why Alexandria?

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

With you on all of these but Alexandria - why for? I liked her look once she got her eyelashes sorted (I HATE lash extensions, they always look bonkers) and I liked her dancing too.  I mean, she bailed but if you weren’t clairvoyant I’m curious why you’d cut her. 

Even before she bailed, I always got the vibe this was a "checklist" thing....to say, "Yep, I did that."  Never got the teammate warmth from her. Then, when she bailed, I felt terrible for Taryn and Brennan. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I feel Alexandria tried out to see if she could make it and never planned to stay the whole year.  I know there was allegedly a family illness ( yeah I'm skeptical) but her entire life was in Massachusetts and as soon as the boyfriend popped the questions, she was hasta la vista.  They could have glammed her up with the makeover by giving her a chocolate brown instead of the frosted/mousy brown hair she had.  I feel she kept up her DCC status for a while almost to aid in her teaching back in Massachusetts to say she made both teams.  Also, wasn't she quoted as "that was not a family."  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

However, I don’t like seeing her criticized for sharing her own sexual assault experience and that she felt suicidal after being humiliated. The ability to be vulnerable and share emotions authentically is something to be praised in my mind. It doesn’t make her not tough or dramatic.

My parents taught me to take responsibility and not blame others. I’m grateful for this. However, telling kids to ‘get over it’ when they’re upset isn’t quality parenting. Just results in emotionally stunted adults with anxiety disorders and more. 

this is what I wanted someone to say because I couldn't find the words

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

They could have glammed her up with the makeover by giving her a chocolate brown instead of the frosted/mousy brown hair she had.

Ugh, she would've had such a glow up with brown hair. Obviously she's striking either way, but that streaky dirty blonde did very little for her. She HAS to be a natural brunette, yes? People wanna be blonde so bad they often don't even care if it's flattering 

• Love 9

I didn’t really understand the allure of Alexandria beyond being a former group leader of another NFL dance team. She was fine as a dancer, but nothing special to me. I remember there was one video of the DCCs dancing with the hip hop group, and she looked like she was marking the choreography. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

My interpretation of her post was that she said she wanted to drive her car off the freeway after not being prepared for panel interviews media training day.

Edited by RedDelicious
14 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

My interpretation of her post was that she said she wanted to drive her car off the freeway after panel interviews

Perhaps I misread it, but I thought the ‘driving car off the freeway’ feeling was after media training day and her resulting office visit with Kelli and Judy. I don’t remember any footage of her from the panel interviews before training camp but it’s been a minute since I’ve seen her season.

Either way, she probably just felt overwhelmed with embarrassment/shame in that moment. I assume later on she utilized some coping skills and realized one error doesn’t define her worth as a human being. Thoughts and feelings are okay to be shared IMO. They aren’t the same as our actions. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, BlueBear2008 said:

I am so with you on this list !!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, evasworld123 said:

Perhaps I misread it, but I thought the ‘driving car off the freeway’ feeling was after media training day and her resulting office visit with Kelli and Judy. I don’t remember any footage of her from the panel interviews before training camp but it’s been a minute since I’ve seen her season.

Either way, she probably just felt overwhelmed with embarrassment/shame in that moment. I assume later on she utilized some coping skills and realized one error doesn’t define her worth as a human being. 

You're right, I edited my post. One can only hope she found a way to cope. I personally don't agree with the way she socialized her experience on Instagram because I feel it sends the wrong message to other young people. It normalizes extreme reactions in response to embarrassment. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

You're right, I edited my post. One can only hope she found a way to cope. I personally don't agree with the way she socialized her experience on Instagram because I feel it sends the wrong message to other young people. It normalizes extreme reactions in response to embarrassment. 

Yeah I mean trust me I get where you’re coming from. Uncool to normalize suicide as a reaction to being embarrassed over your own lack of preparation. Learn from it and be better next time!

On the other hand, I’d imagine a lot of young people feel that way from time to time. Good to know you’re not alone and it’s just a temporary feeling you can cope with in healthy ways versus act on. Perhaps that could have been a better focus for her post 🙃

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

This is exactly the way I read her post as well.

Not minimizing any feelings she had or tragedies she had to overcome. It’s just probably a better idea to address HOW she overcame these obstacles rather than trying to dictate how others should have managed her unpreparedness or endorsing a very extreme reaction to normal human emotions.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2021 at 1:17 PM, BlueBear2008 said:

Ok. I'll play.

Season 3: Cassie Trammell

Season 4: Cassie Trammell

Season 5: Cassie Trammell

Season 6: Cassie Trammell

Season 7: Cassie Trammell

Edited by Trulyadorkable
  • LOL 7