Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

What are your favorite and least favorite seasons? 

My favorite seems to be season 10, partly because of weird nostalgia for 2015, even though I didn't watch any of this show until 2019. I also liked the rookies here. And I thought a lot of the cuts were likable, too. 

My least favorite (ignoring the super early seasons because I don't care for them/watch them as much) is either season 7 or 11. Season 7 annoys the hell out of me, and I can't really pinpoint exactly why. I think because it goes on FOREVER, and I don't care about anything that happens after the team announcement. I don't care about swimsuit calendar shoots and fashion shows, bleh. And a number of the rookies were unlikable or meh to me. Like Teri and Chelsea. And the team was expanded for the likes of them, lol.

Season 11 is really weirdly boring to me for some reason. It rubs me the wrong way. Like, when it's playing on Pluto, I'll choose something else to put on in the background, and idk why lmao

Oh, yes. I agree! 
Seven sucks! For all of the reasons already posted about. 

I do like Season 11 because it reminds me of my favorite season, which is 10,  but 10 is also my least watched season. I never seem to catch all of it on Pluto. We first meet Holly P. and Maddie. And they had rookies Megan C., Kashara, and Amy T. Now I need to rewatch with an analytical eye to see why 10 is such a good season above the others - the reason cannot simply be Megan B. and Anatomy and Physiology.

In 11, I do like seeing TCCs Heather O., and Tess. They weren't so good back then. I love catching brief clips of them looking like lost rookies.

Season 12 for me went from love to hate rather quickly. I started watching the show again in the middle of season 12, I think the episode leading up to Holly's resignation. And that was the season that got me watching the show again. I hate season 12 now. It's the one that I don't tune into on Pluto, it's an easy close the tablet, no thanks. I didn't know any spoilers back then, but I could tell both Alexandria and Kalyssa weren't going to work out. Alexandria for sure, once we saw her working on a house with her fiance, I am like, there is no way that girl is leaving Boston for Dallas. It's the focus on those two that probably irks me the most on re-watch. Also seeing clips of Tara. She was really good, only to be totally decimated by TPTB the following year and following Kitty's bitchy comment in Season 12 "Tara. She's boring. Go home Tara" and then look what happened. It's almost like they did storyline building for season 13 grasping at straws from stuff in season 12. Gross.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 1

Season 12 when a particular choreographer came on with his girlfriend/assistant whatever she was, does anyone else think he was on drugs? The change in his appearance always shocked me particularly the very big, dark bags under his eyes and gaunt appearance. I don't want to name him bc i'm not trying to accuse anyone without knowing facts just always shocks me when he first comes on screen. Side note: Alexis trying to teach Savannah how to 'crunk' always cracks me up...

10 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

My least favorite season is probably Season 5. It felt like every TCC was cut that year

Was that when Kelli was ":fixin' to throw up" over the remaining cuts? 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

My favorite is Season 7. I base my favorites on how much I liked the rookie class, and that is my favorite rookie class. I do agree that it went on pretty long however.

Season 8 or the one where Meredith made it are my least favorites. Season 8 had way too much Morgan and Kaitlin, and that group of rookies is generally unremarkable to me. Similarly, I find the rookie group who made it with Meredith to be rather blah

• Love 3

All this talk about Gina & her rookie season is on Pluto now.

Seeing Taryn get cut & have her told "you're one locker away from making this team" that is crushing & we know "nobody should have their dreams crushed---taylor" Taryn was just absolutely beautiful & there's no reason she should've been cut, IMO. That had to crush her knowing she was number 37. To be that close & yet so far... She was a fave of mine!

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, TB12 said:

Seeing Taryn get cut & have her told "you're one locker away from making this team" that is crushing & we know "nobody should have their dreams crushed---taylor" Taryn was just absolutely beautiful & there's no reason she should've been cut, IMO. That had to crush her knowing she was number 37. To be that close & yet so far... She was a fave of mine!

Taryn and Brennan should have made the team that year because they were SO good and a few others . . . . weren't.  Also, Taryn is the one that Kelli REALLY wanted to reaudition but Taryn was like "Nope.  You had ONE shot at getting me on the squad and you blew it.  I'm not going back for another round."

I just noticed that Taryn and Lauren (the nurse) look a LOT alike.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Whom are you referring to? hehe

Maybe the 3 that left the team ( Alexandra, Milan, Kalyssa)? I assume she's referring to the 2017 squad.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Whom are you referring to? hehe

19 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Maybe the 3 that left the team ( Alexandra, Milan, Kalyssa)? I assume she's referring to the 2017 squad.

Christina should never have made the squad and I always wondered why Alexandria even bothered to audition given that her entire life was back east.  Granted she might not have been done dancing, but there were other options in her area that would have been better fits for her, her family, and whatever else she had going.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I know this is always an unpopular season but loved season 9. Yes waaayy too much focus on Breelan/ Caila, but also some great rookies like Melissa W, Lacey, Erica (at the time), and Mary!  Also loved Courtney from that season too and it was just a fun season to me.   Plus some classic Vivianne  and her lucid dream. 

Didn’t love season 8!  

Edited by PixieDust
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Taryn and Brennan should have made the team that year because they were SO good and a few others . . . . weren't.  Also, Taryn is the one that Kelli REALLY wanted to reaudition but Taryn was like "Nope.  You had ONE shot at getting me on the squad and you blew it.  I'm not going back for another round."

I'm so glad Taryn said no to reauditioning and knew her worth! She is just so pretty and how have I never realized how much she and Lauren look alike, so funny! 

14 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I'm so glad Taryn said no to reauditioning and knew her worth! She is just so pretty and how have I never realized how much she and Lauren look alike, so funny! 

Taryn went back to the AA Ice Angels for another season and then retired from dancing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

There was an NFL cheerleader (or former NFL cheerleader) who posted here last year who was saying that all teams generally have a certain set of "looks" they like, and they regularly swap out old-new with similar looks (for example, a younger blonde was "replacement Brennan"). All that to say, that's probably why Taryn didn't make it, looks like Lauren and Lauren was better.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Christina should never have made the squad and I always wondered why Alexandria even bothered to audition given that her entire life was back east.  Granted she might not have been done dancing, but there were other options in her area that would have been better fits for her, her family, and whatever else she had going.  

I totally agree on both points! At the very least, I’m shocked Christina wasn’t cut in S13 or 14 when she botched the interview (something about what the star on their uniform stands for??). 

I’m not sure about how much she uses them now, but Alexandra used to heavily use pictures of her short time with the DCC to advertise her dance classes. It struck me as odd since she’s teaching in MA, I’d think that her experience with the patriots is more marketable here, especially since she didn’t even cheer in Dallas past September or so. I get that DCC is a good marketing tool to get people in the door, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Edited by Touch the Star
Clarification
  • Love 7

Christina was soooo dry. Not a single shot of her dancing has ever impressed me. She just needed to hang it up, but I guess she got what she wanted after years of trying, so good for her. I've never seen any spark or pop in her. I truly don't get it and never have.

Yeah, the Alexandria thing was weird. Maybe she thought it'd be worth it but then it turned out it just wasn't. But it's strange to have a whole segment about how you're building a house and life with your boyfriend in Boston while you're running off to Texas after 4 previous years of pro cheerleading already. 

I always found it ironic how after the team announcement she's like, 'I finally get to call all these women my sisters!' but she's the one who's been followed by the infamous comment that she or a friend of her made about how the DCC are nothing like a family or something. Ha.  

• Love 8
On 7/21/2021 at 2:56 PM, TB12 said:

Same here ... I loved Taryn and she would have been awesome. 

• Love 4

Vivian is someone who is beautiful at any size (and I love her hair,) but wooooo this fashion choice.  It’s not skimpy enough for lingerie but certainly isn’t regular day clothes and not quite club wear. Oh, Viv. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

OMG

221952326_4744814452199837_3855822719480

Oh Viv, what are ya doing here? This makes me really sad for her, this constant need for attention. The outfit is very confusing. I can think of a million different ensembles that would better suit her womanly shape. This isn't about body shaming believe me, I just wish she'd stop seeking validation & find it within... 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Oh Viv, what are ya doing here? This makes me really sad for her, this constant need for attention. The outfit is very confusing. I can think of a million different ensembles that would better suit her womanly shape. This isn't about body shaming believe me, I just wish she'd stop seeking validation & find it within... 

YES!

• Love 1

Watching Pluto now. Vivian did her poem, and Kelli is talking to Ashley Pro in the office. I never noticed, Kelli is wearing the "airport do" top from the Belk fashion show LOL

image.thumb.png.08da785a8c942653b2ac8ab03a66c515.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Watching Pluto now. Vivian did her poem, and Kelli is talking to Ashley Pro in the office. I never noticed, Kelli is wearing the "airport do" top from the Belk fashion show LOL

I noticed it right away...and actually went on the Belk website to find it...was gone by the time the showed aired, so didn't get it. I shop at Belk.com frequently...I've seen some of K & J's stuff, but my taste is usually very different...mostly, I think, they dress too young for their current ages...just too trendy, rather than fashionable and modern.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I noticed it right away...and actually went on the Belk website to find it...was gone by the time the showed aired, so didn't get it. I shop at Belk.com frequently...I've seen some of K & J's stuff, but my taste is usually very different...mostly, I think, they dress too young for their current ages...just too trendy, rather than fashionable and modern.

I bought my nephew some shirts from Belk LOL. I don't think it's such a bad store, not a whole lot different than Macy's. Sorry you couldn't get the top, it's really nice...I guess Kelli bought the last one 😂

27 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I bought my nephew some shirts from Belk LOL. I don't think it's such a bad store, not a whole lot different than Macy's. Sorry you couldn't get the top, it's really nice...I guess Kelli bought the last one 😂

Quality is really good overall. I live in San Francisco, some of the best shopping in the world, but there is a style difference between here & and the South...

• Love 3
17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Good catch!  It really did seem from their fashion segments that she was looking to have a squad of little Kellis...this just proves it for me.

• Love 2

Kinley Minchew In season 5.  Said she hoped the judges wouldn’t harp on the past ...  well you showed your true colors and you should be glad they didn’t take you again just to cut you.    And poor kaimie coming back looking worse 

• Love 1

Rumor had it (although I don't believe it) that Kaime bragged that she didn't practice because she knew she was going to make it, since Kelli was correcting an error by taking her into training camp late.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I wonder what happened during the season (season 5) that so many retired   And Olivia s got cut at finals because of the Princess.  Watching the episode where a bunch of vets and Stephanie were called in for weight warning and curious if they just didn’t want to deal with it anymore or if they couldn’t keep the weight down?  And calling our Meghan sharpe for needing bigger shorts at cameos.  I just don’t understand Kelli sometimes 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, ByTor said:

Rumor had it (although I don't believe it) that Kaime bragged that she didn't practice because she knew she was going to make it, since Kelli was correcting an error by taking her into training camp late.

I don't believe it either. I see that rumor treated like gospel, which is weird and annoying, since nothing that we saw of Kaime would suggest she was like that

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, vanillagum said:

I don't believe it either. I see that rumor treated like gospel, which is weird and annoying, since nothing that we saw of Kaime would suggest she was like that

She also currently works for the Cowboys, I don't think she'd be around if she copped an attitude then.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She also currently works for the Cowboys, I don't think she'd be around if she copped an attitude then.

Oh wow, didn't know that. True. She also seemed to have a lot of humility and be pretty genuine...she also came back next year to try again, and when she was cut, she didn't look like she was gonna go on some entitled rampage

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Oh wow, didn't know that. True. She also seemed to have a lot of humility and be pretty genuine...she also came back next year to try again, and when she was cut, she didn't look like she was gonna go on some entitled rampage

The woman who announces "your Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" at the Plaza performances is Kaime 😃

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Every time I watch season 10 I'm surprised/annoyed they like Courtney so much because she looks and sounds 13 to me

Justice for Kayleigh lol </3 wonder if she ever tried out again

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Every time I watch season 10 I'm surprised/annoyed they like Courtney so much because she looks and sounds 13 to me

The Courtney who whined that Kitty hurt her feelings? I don't think she should have made it. I did like Kayleigh a lot & thought she got ripped off 😡

1 minute ago, ByTor said:

The Courtney who whined that Kitty hurt her feelings? I don't think she should have made it. I did like Kayleigh a lot & thought she got ripped off 😡

Haha no, I think you're talking about season 9 Courtney. I'm talking about season 10 Courtney

Yeah, I liked Kayleigh a lot I usually like the older, more mature ones. They're more well-spoken and have fewer waterworks 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

season 10 Courtney

ohhh East Texas blonde Courtney! She was very fit & looked great, but I thought otherwise she was pretty mediocre.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

She really did look like she was trying out for her high school cheer team, haha!  But I liked her, too, she seemed really sweet.

Was that the year they only took 34?  I thought Courtney and Kayleigh both should have made it.  Kayleigh really had the classic DCC look.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

She really did look like she was trying out for her high school cheer team, haha!  But I liked her, too, she seemed really sweet.

Was that the year they only took 34?  I thought Courtney and Kayleigh both should have made it.  Kayleigh really had the classic DCC look.

It's funny how we all think so differently. I loved Courtney! Something made me root for her.

Speaking of Kayleigh that scene when Melissa was talking with her and Kat & you see who makes it, Kayleigh def had that DCC look and IMO was a better performer than Kat & definitely better looking but alas, Kayleigh wasn't a rhythmic gymnast... 

I realize how many of the young ladies I end up disliking bc tptb put them on the team when there are others during their training camp that should've made it. I never liked Kat or Kat for that matter but its not their fault they made the time. I just had that revelation! :-)

• Love 5

It was just so weird that they took 34, and then KFin later said that she wished she had taken Courtney, something like that.  I'm like well good grief lady.  Some years they're struggling to get below 40 and I'm like here's six that can easily go.  And then they cut good ones to get to 34.  Alrighty then.

• Love 5