Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, LexieGirl01 said:

Agreed, Ann doesn’t look too happy to be there. I thought Kaitlin LeGrand looked fantastic though!

Kaitlyn L. must have been a really good dancer to have made show group her rookie year, and as an 18 year old. It's a shame how things ended up, because she may have been able to be a 3+ year girl.

(edited)
On 6/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Love these formations, especially when they transition into the kick line.

And Alyssa - yikes.  They moved the camera off of her quickly, and I'm sure she received some "feedback" for that closeup. She just always came across as snotty to me (although less so in season 3).

I think with Alyssa S she was concentrating more on the moves and maybe forgot to smile.

I recall she wrote a farewell letter on the old DCC website. A lot of the retiring DCCs did that.  She wished she had been been able to relax and enjoy it instead of concerned about getting the dances correct. I always got that impression of her trying so hard. Here's a video of her and her group dancing on the decks. Meagan M, Brittany E, and Tobie whose dancing by her seem so more relaxed and confident than Alyssa.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think with Alyssa S she was concentrating more on the moves and maybe forgot to smile.

I recall she wrote a farewell letter on the old DCC website. A lot of the retiring DCCs did that.  She wished she had been been able to relax and enjoy it instead of concerned about getting the dances correct. I always got that impression of her trying so hard. Here's a video of her and her group dancing on the decks. Meagan M, Brittany E, and Tobie whose dancing by her seem so more relaxed and confident than Alyssa.

Alyssa Sarasani? the one who got cut her first try when it was still texas stadium then came back 2 or 3 years later at at+t stadium first year and was then a one and done? The rest have had a few years as a DCC under their belt so prob knows the drill and was a bit more relaxed by then the rookies I can understand but yea she needs to relax but prob was nerves on the rookie year was my assumption

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Meghan M has always looked tired to me, she doesn't look like she has any energy here at all!

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I agree.  I can see why she was cut on Season 3 and then a one-and-done from Season 5.  Unfortunately, she doesn't grab attention (or grabs it in the wrong way).

(edited)
7 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Alyssa Sarasani? the one who got cut her first try when it was still texas stadium then came back 2 or 3 years later at at+t stadium first year and was then a one and done? The rest have had a few years as a DCC under their belt so prob knows the drill and was a bit more relaxed by then the rookies I can understand but yea she needs to relax but prob was nerves on the rookie year was my assumption

Yes.   

image.png.a0c4f2aacfee8eec6e912f679599f1a3.png

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Good for her. There is also a  Dallas Sidekicks Dancer named Kesha who made the Cardinals squad too.  

There's a video  of the new squad announcement on their IG.  

https://www.instagram.com/azcardscheer/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I still don't know why this cracks me up as much as it does!  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ_qHc1h056/ 

I didn't think she was at all unreasonable!  LOL!  My Fit Foods and Snap Kitchen were both really good with paleo style entrees, as well as any type of gluten and/or dairy free diets.  Great when you're doing an elimination diet through your doctor or even something like Whole30.  They made it seem like she was asking for above and beyond treatment when she could have easily eaten 80% of what they had in stock.

I usually don't eat any kind of gluten or dairy because of sensitivity issues (lord Jesus the bloating AND breakouts) and I'm blah about chicken the way Courtney is blah about pork.    And I like oil and eggs separately but mixed together for mayo is a no thanks from me too.

I don't mind my peanut butter and chocolate mixed together tho.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I didn't think she was at all unreasonable!  LOL!  My Fit Foods and Snap Kitchen were both really good with paleo style entrees, as well as any type of gluten and/or dairy free diets.  Great when you're doing an elimination diet through your doctor or even something like Whole30.  They made it seem like she was asking for above and beyond treatment when she could have easily eaten 80% of what they had in stock.

I usually don't eat any kind of gluten or dairy because of sensitivity issues (lord Jesus the bloating AND breakouts) and I'm blah about chicken the way Courtney is blah about pork.    And I like oil and eggs separately but mixed together for mayo is a no thanks from me too.

I don't mind my peanut butter and chocolate mixed together tho.  

No, I don't think she was being unreasonable at all, they were asking her preferences and she was giving them!  It was just a funny, light-hearted moment and I love those.  I especially like when she says she doesn't like pb and chocolate together, then immediately turns to Kelli to laugh about it. 

I'm a waaaay pickier eater than she is, Kelli's head might explode if I went through my list of dislikes!  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

No, I don't think she was being unreasonable at all, they were asking her preferences and she was giving them!  It was just a funny, light-hearted moment and I love those.  I especially like when she says she doesn't like pb and chocolate together, then immediately turns to Kelli to laugh about it. 

I'm a waaaay pickier eater than she is, Kelli's head might explode if I went through my list of dislikes!  

Agreed! My response wasn’t directed towards you, just the quote 😃 The comments on the post made me chuckle too bc tons of people were tagging her.

I remember the original airing and rolled my eyes so hard. I might have been eating dinner from the Las Colinas My Fit Foods (RIP) at the time. Lol.  With a giant glass of wine bc I don’t have to be uniform ready. 

And while I know cheese and pasta can be part of a well rounded, healthy diet, encouraging the TCC to focus on lean protein, fruits and a Mack truck of veggies seems like a great way to stay uniform ready and eating enough calories to stay fit all around.  So stick to your guns, Courtney! 

Jay’s grocery store segment was over the top, but his heart seemed to be in the right place. (No salmon filets for breakfast tho, crazy man. Lox is the only way I’m having that in the morning and that’s super iffy!)

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Jay’s grocery store segment was over the top, but his heart seemed to be in the right place. (No salmon filets for breakfast tho, crazy man. Lox is the only way I’m having that in the morning and that’s super iffy!)

I wish they would do that again. Jay is right, however...grilled fish makes a great breakfast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, CrazyMoon said:

I wish they would do that again. Jay is right, however...grilled fish makes a great breakfast.

Our cafeteria at work gets SLAMMED on salmon patty day!  And my boss hates eggs, so when she diets she brings in a baggie of chicken breasts for breakfast.  I did think it was a great segment even with Taylor hogging the show.  I still think it is Lexie when I see the segment (it is blonde Jenna that tried out after she was cut).  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Vivian always this well endowed or did she get a boob job? Maybe it's the bra.

214820435_4698474530167163_4291845488431

She's at a higher weight than her TCC days. Her shorter, stockier frame shows the additional weight, which more often than not increases the size of the girls.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

She's at a higher weight than her TCC days. Her shorter, stockier frame shows the additional weight, which more often than not increases the size of the girls.

If you look on her Instagram, she just comes across as the girl that needs attention with good compliments with her endless amount of selfies. I find it a complete turn off. I was in her corner when she auditioned the first time and the second time, she just lacked that drive from the first time. IMHO

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The weight loss gofundme was pretty pathetic too..

Okay you're going to have to explain this, please! I was rooting for Viv hardcore until she went off the deep end... 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, rl27rl said:

If you look on her Instagram, she just comes across as the girl that needs attention with good compliments with her endless amount of selfies. I find it a complete turn off. I was in her corner when she auditioned the first time and the second time, she just lacked that drive from the first time. IMHO

The only drive she had the second time was finding and being on camera 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, TB12 said:

Okay you're going to have to explain this, please! I was rooting for Viv hardcore until she went off the deep end... 

It's still out there - she was starting a YouTube channel:

I have grown so much over the years and have also learned so much, and I want to share all of it with you guys! My highs, my lows, my triumps, and my pitfalls... from weight loss and fitness, to my journey in professional cheerleading.

Being a start up YouTuber is extremely difficult because of all the time that goes into filming content, editing videos, and then promoting the final product. I will be spending a lot of time creating this video series for all of you, and basically earning no money at all, which is a struggle for a kid straight out of college, with  a very unconventional/unstable job as an entertainer, dance teacher, and cycling instructor. 

The splash page has a screen grab of one of her videos called "How I lost the weight and how I will lose it again".  If I remember correctly it started out as an effort to subsidize her weight loss journey.

I seriously can't when people start GoFundMes for non-emergency situations. Like when their kid has to sell magazine subscriptions or ad space and they don't want to do the actual work.

2 hours ago, dariafan said:

The only drive she had the second time was finding and being on camera 

Mackenzie Lee was like this but she got away with it because she was generally liked and she actually made the team. She was always making sure she got herself in view of the camera from when she was called into training camp her rookie year (she made sure to stand right next to Kelli) and any time they called the group to circle up for announcements, etc. There was Mackenzie Lee.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I seriously can't when people start GoFundMes for non-emergency situations. Like when their kid has to sell magazine subscriptions or ad space and they don't want to do the actual work.

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I just looked up the GoFundMe and her goal was 1 million dollars. I'm speechless. She is literally out of her mind

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TB12 said:

I think the DCC org made her go off the deep end. I don't think MRS is mentally stable either. 

• Love 3

I am currently watching season 5 episode 1 where Charlotte and Kelli were testing out the HD screen and made the comment not HD ready. You know who isn't HD ready, Kelli, Charlotte and Judy. I am also wondering what former DCCs weren't really HD ready haha.

Also, the infamous panel interview where Brenda said Kat's dress wasn't appropriate for the interview...you know who else isn't dressed appropriately? Jay!!!! His boot camp attire he wears all the time is cringeeeeeeeee! They need better trainers and nutritionists. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Ok prime timers - season 6 is on Pluto right now and it’s all about Mackenzie Lee’s low kicks.

I have always wondered since she was a DCC for 3 years and on show group, did her kicks ever get high? Did they keep her all 3 years, despite low kicks? Or was this just a first season thing that improved? 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Ok prime timers - season 6 is on Pluto right now and it’s all about Mackenzie Lee’s low kicks.

I have always wondered since she was a DCC for 3 years and on show group, did her kicks ever get high? Did they keep her all 3 years, despite low kicks? Or was this just a first season thing that improved? 

Recently had that on as a background rewatch too. I guess they must have improved enough to fake it for three years. I mean Maddie was point and she had low kicks too. For as much as they say "low kicks are a deal breaker" - they sure do bring a lot of low kickers into camp.

Is there any sort of compilation of how many years on average girls try out. I keep noticing more and more people in the backgrounds. Recently I followed the Hannah trail. 2015 she had a soft midsection and didn't make it to finals. 2016 she made it to finals but had crazy low kicks. 2017 she didn't go past semis- I am not sure why. Kristin made it to finals the year before she made it to training camp the first time. Lexie was in there before. Miranda too... I just keep seeing so many multiple year girls.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Mackenzie Lee was like this but she got away with it because she was generally liked and she actually made the team. She was always making sure she got herself in view of the camera from when she was called into training camp her rookie year (she made sure to stand right next to Kelli) and any time they called the group to circle up for announcements, etc. There was Mackenzie Lee.

Ehh I'm not convinced on Mackenzie being like that but she is one of my faves. She was also tiny - if she stood behind someone she wouldn't be able to see. I remember a much heavier focus on Karissa that year and I didn't care for her as a dancer. 

• Love 5
On 6/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, vanillagum said:

who's a girl who's so boring/dry from what we saw that you were shocked they got a place on the team? season 8 abby prompted this question lmao

Jax, Molly and Tess we’re all boring to me. This might be an unpopular choice, I always thought Britney Schram was pretty dull. 
But top of list, no contest dullest ever and I can’t believe she was on the squad for so many years: Sarah Gourley. 

Kim was pretty and seemed very nice , but I don’t understand why she was there.  She never was shown enjoying it   She was nervous and shaken when she got called out 

Red head Jamie also tried out a lot.  I think I saw her starting season 5 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Just my .02 but I doubt her kicks improved that much. I always felt she made the team bc she was just adorable and had the look that appealed to kelli. She definitely could dance but if I had a nickel for every time we've heard she's never going to make this team bc she can't kick and boom, McKenzie made it while so many others were cut. The injustice is insane it has to ruin some of these ladies when they watch it back. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Jax, Molly and Tess we’re all boring to me. This might be an unpopular choice, I always thought Britney Schram was pretty dull. 
But top of list, no contest dullest ever and I can’t believe she was on the squad for so many years: Sarah Gourley. 

I never got the Jax thing either. I loooove Molly as a personality but I always thought she danced like Ashley Paige, super wooden like she had a stick up her back!

I'd throw Simone into the mix for boring. I'm sure she's a lovely woman but she's not the best dancer. That rookie year was pretty underwhelming for a bigger class. Half of them are fab, half of them are 'how did they make the team'? I prefer in the earlier days where they were happier to take less than 36. Less fillers on the squad then! 32 would be just as easy to place on the field and still have 4 groups too!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Peanutflutter33 said:

Jax, Molly and Tess we’re all boring to me.

I agree with those, and I will add Claire (not current DCC Claire, the one who got her hair color matched to the floor). They apparently liked her since she was made an all-star, and maybe she has a great appearance personality, but I never thought her dancing was great.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

The show showed her improving and in TPTB's eyes that's good.  She really did work on it and never pouted.  But definitely she was adorable.

I think she was so good in the DCC style and she was so short that they could overlook it. The only other one they should've made an exception for was Taylor in s10. She was a powerhouse dancer in their style and Kitty seemed to like her too.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I think she was so good in the DCC style and she was so short that they could overlook it. The only other one they should've made an exception for was Taylor in s10. She was a powerhouse dancer in their style and Kitty seemed to like her too.

Taylor’s kicks were so bad and she had something going on with a jaw alignment, overbite issue. If they had kept her, I would have thrown something at the tv. I would never of given her a spot in training camp.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I am currently watching season 5 episode 1 where Charlotte and Kelli were testing out the HD screen and made the comment not HD ready. You know who isn't HD ready, Kelli, Charlotte and Judy. I am also wondering what former DCCs weren't really HD ready haha.

Also, the infamous panel interview where Brenda said Kat's dress wasn't appropriate for the interview...you know who else isn't dressed appropriately? Jay!!!! His boot camp attire he wears all the time is cringeeeeeeeee! They need better trainers and nutritionists. 

I can't even watch that episode or I will have to buy a new TV because I THREW MY SHOE AT IT!!!!  What staged bull shit crap was that?  You know there was a backroom meeting where Char/Kelli said we have to get rid of her because of _________ (I have no idea why, she never was the most gorgeous DCC but it's not like she got worse looking than when she made the team.  And dear Brenda jumped up and said "I'll create some drama and make it happen so you guys will keep me as a judge!  I'd just love a chance to kiss your asses!!!!".  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Taylor’s kicks were so bad and she had something going on with a jaw alignment, overbite issue. If they had kept her, I would have thrown something at the tv. I would never of given her a spot in training camp.

Ha!  I didn't read your comment about throwing something at the TV when I typed mine!

• LOL 6
20 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Taylor’s kicks were so bad and she had something going on with a jaw alignment, overbite issue. If they had kept her, I would have thrown something at the tv. I would never of given her a spot in training camp

i found her so unattractive. obviously not ugly but she had a strange look. and for some reason she’d tried out more than once but somehow thought she’d make the team with those horrid kicks? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I’m with you on this unpopular opinion. Lol. I look at Morgan and Breelan and so many others and I’m like man, Taylor would have been a shoo in other years. Great showmanship, unique look and good personality. Would have been great on appearances. 

Maybe she wasn’t coachable or wasn’t making fast enough progress. She might have had shorter legs for her body type too, like Tara. Kelli always gets a bee in her bonnet about that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

i found her so unattractive. obviously not ugly but she had a strange look. and for some reason she’d tried out more than once but somehow thought she’d make the team with those horrid kicks? 

I wasn't a fan of her attitude. Nobody deserves to get their dreams crushed? Then all 2,000 (or whatever number they claim) people in prelims should make it?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm on this train. I honestly liked Taylor's look, and felt that since they even said she was great at everything else, maybe they could make a Loni Lindsey-style exception for her. She definitely could dance, and although I don't speak for all of us, trust me, she'd have strong male appeal (The ultimate goal of TPTB). Even if it was just 1 season, I felt they've had worse girls on for longer.

• Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Recently had that on as a background rewatch too. I guess they must have improved enough to fake it for three years. I mean Maddie was point and she had low kicks too. For as much as they say "low kicks are a deal breaker" - they sure do bring a lot of low kickers into camp.

Is there any sort of compilation of how many years on average girls try out. I keep noticing more and more people in the backgrounds. Recently I followed the Hannah trail. 2015 she had a soft midsection and didn't make it to finals. 2016 she made it to finals but had crazy low kicks. 2017 she didn't go past semis- I am not sure why. Kristin made it to finals the year before she made it to training camp the first time. Lexie was in there before. Miranda too... I just keep seeing so many multiple year girls.

I never noticed Maddie's low kicks but I did notice inconsistencies. I am a Maddie hold-out though, loved her comeback story, and loved her as a DCC for 5 years, so I probably have Maddie blinders.

I try to hold K&J&C to their word that low kicks is a deal-breaker. They have said this enough times over 16 seasons. This is why I was horrified Taylor in season 10 even got a spot in training camp. You show up with kicks like that an expect to take a spot on the team from someone else? She knew what was required going into auditions and she acted like an exception should be made for her as training camp dragged out. No thanks.

Mackenzie Lee always confused me. I did not want to see Mackenzie cut, but I guess I just assumed her kicks must have improved to have a successful 3 year tenure with DCC and show group. Or did they just cover that up because they liked her? Not sure.

I had noticed Hannah and Kelli Quinn before, but in the past month I just noticed Lexie and Miranda in the background at auditions in seasons prior to them making it to training camp.  And I caught a glimpse of Keyra in Season 11 sitting in chairs. What is more interesting to me are the ones that come back to re-audition after being cut - it seems like they pick and choose which ones they will show as re-auditioning. I bet quite a few more than we realize have re-auditioned and we as fans don't even know because of the lack of footage. 

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I never noticed Maddie's low kicks but I did notice inconsistencies. I am a Maddie hold-out though, loved her comeback story, and loved her as a DCC for 5 years, so I probably have Maddie blinders.

I try to hold K&J&C to their word that low kicks is a deal-breaker. They have said this enough times over 16 seasons. This is why I was horrified Taylor in season 10 even got a spot in training camp. You show up with kicks like that an expect to take a spot on the team from someone else? She knew what was required going into auditions and she acted like an exception should be made for her as training camp dragged out. No thanks.

Mackenzie Lee always confused me. I did not want to see Mackenzie cut, but I guess I just assumed her kicks must have improved to have a successful 3 year tenure with DCC and show group. Or did they just cover that up because they liked her? Not sure.

I had noticed Hannah and Kelli Quinn before, but in the past month I just noticed Lexie and Miranda in the background at audtions in seasons prior to them making it to training camp.  And I caught a glimpse of Keyra in Season 11 sitting in chairs. What is more interesting to me are the ones that come back to re-audition after being cut - it seems like they pick and choose which ones they will show as re-auditioning. I bet quite a few more than we realize have re-auditioned and we as fans don't even know because of the lack of footage. 

I think Mackenzie's kicks did improve. In the scene where Brittany Evans comes over to help her with her kicks, her kicks did look better (although it wasn't in a kick line, she was still getting them up pretty high). They had to have improved at least a little. She definitely worked hard and did so much that season to keep herself loose and more limber, so kudos to her. I was happy to see her hard work pay off.

I'm such a nerd, that I LOVE picking out all the girls who tried out tons of times, especially when I didn't notice it the first million times. I never saw Keyra in season 11, but will watch out for that next time. I did see her in SEASON 6 auditions, which is crazy to think she made it 6 years later (just like Kelli Quinn making it 7 years after her 1st tryout). Also couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw Alexis Peterson and Kelsey Lowrance in the seats at the Stadium when Season 8 Auditions start.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4