Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kandi Harris.

Thanks no idea why I thought it was Melissa as I thought hhmm is that Melissa who gained a shed load of weight since she left a few years ago or someone else.

9 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And now we know why Denise DiChiarry choreographed her solos:)

Denise choreographed Erica's solo? No wonder its all about "tricks" in her solos ...... 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

That was bad. Good on Jenna, she is more talented than I thought, she made it look better than it was.

Wait that was Erica in front with Jenna too? I couldn't tell who it was, maybe its morning eyes haha! Have a great day, everyone!

11 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Did y'all recognize former DCC Caila dancing on Erica's other side?

Nooooo! Good eye!

1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Wait that was Erica in front with Jenna too?

Sure was, your eyes are just fine 😃

• Love 2
On 6/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, ByTor said:

Well....not a correction, per se. Like I said, I thought she made it on her 1st try, I thought maybe you meant she was cut at prelims/semis/finals in a prior year 😄

She was. Ann Lux tried out in season 4. She's in some scenes, including celebrating with the girls who made finals, but she had 0 focus and didn't make training camp until Season 5.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

She was. Ann Lux tried out in season 4. She's in some scenes, including celebrating with the girls who made finals, but she had 0 focus and didn't make training camp until Season 5.

I love people who notice what's going on in the background, I ALWAYS miss those things! Jealous!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I love people who notice what's going on in the background, I ALWAYS miss those things! Jealous!!

Don't be. It happens when you leave the show on as background noise on Pluto, look up and notice something you never did the first 99 times you watched.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I have noticed a lot of DCCs in earlier seasons sitting in the chairs, interviews or dancing that didn't make it to TC on their first try.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I have noticed a lot of DCCs in earlier seasons sitting in the chairs, interviews or dancing that didn't make it to TC on their first try.

The only ones I did notice were Kelli Q and Hannah, but it's only because I looked for them due to observant people like you pointing it out to me 😃

• Love 1

Kelli Q is the best one in my opinion. Remember her rookie year?

And Kelli's feedback was "clean, perfect, how many times have you tried out?"

Kelli Q: "This is my fourth time" 

Dementia Kelli: "Wow why have I NEVER noticed you before?

Yet on 2 separate seasons before Kelli is sitting there in the locker room and it shows her actually LOOKING at headshots of Kelli Q and her headshots all said "KELLI Q" in MARKER PEN ....... HELLO DEMENTIA KELLI maybe you should rewatch previous seasons BEFORE you start the auditions to remind yourself what you said ON TV (eg what was broadcasted) so you don't make yourself look silly ...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Yet on 2 separate seasons before Kelli is sitting there in the locker room and it shows her actually LOOKING at headshots of Kelli Q and her headshots all said "KELLI Q" in MARKER PEN ....... HELLO DEMENTIA KELLI maybe you should rewatch previous seasons BEFORE you start the auditions to remind yourself what you said ON TV (eg what was broadcasted) so you don't make yourself look silly ...

I don't think Kelli meant that literally, but that she was finally seeing a standout dancer that she hadn't seen in the auditions before.  Kelli Q was one of my faves, I wish she had stayed on the team longer!  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

💯!!!!! I really have no other value add to this other than to say YESYESYESYES! 

Was just watching Season 9 (? Maybe…may have been 11? They all run together). And the camera literally focuses in on KelFine looking at KelQs headshot where it’s written “Speaks Croatian.”  REALLY, KelFine? There are SO MANY CROATIAN SPEAKERS IN TEXAS THAT KELQ BLENDS IN WITH ALL THE OTHERS?

Gah. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

💯!!!!! I really have no other value add to this other than to say YESYESYESYES! 

Was just watching Season 9 (? Maybe…may have been 11? They all run together). And the camera literally focuses in on KelFine looking at KelQs headshot where it’s written “Speaks Croatian.”  REALLY, KelFine? There are SO MANY CROATIAN SPEAKERS IN TEXAS THAT KELQ BLENDS IN WITH ALL THE OTHERS?

Gah. 

Thats because (and I've said this many times) Kelli has dementia, her old age is catching up to her.

I do have a ruder comment but I don't want to get into trouble for suggesting that maybe Kelli should look into going into a care home with her bad memory .....

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Thats because (and I've said this many times) Kelli has dementia, her old age is catching up to her.

I do have a ruder comment but I don't want to get into trouble for suggesting that maybe Kelli should look into going into a care home with her bad memory .....

Is the "dementia" thing a UK thing? We don't say that here in the US. First I have heard it used as an insult. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

Is the "dementia" thing a UK thing? We don't say that here in the US. First I have heard it used as an insult. 

Nah. It just me. I do say dementia because Kelli do seem to forget SOME things she has said and/or done in the past and she does promote double standards (which happens everywhere but just most are not shown on national tv where it is magnified for everyone to scrutinize etc 

10 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

No. I’m from the UK and as someone whose parent suffers from dementia I find it a little hurtful to see dementia portrayed as an insult, given what my family are going through. I don’t think it’s a term to be thrown around lightly. 

However. 

I can certainly see that Kelli has been inconsistent on certain decisions. And saying it took her so long to notice Kelli Q? She was definitely in prominent shots! I’m sure she was at Kitty Carter’s finals session… I forget which season. Although I didn’t see that she spoke Croatian. That’s pretty cool! 

I’ve definitely seen Hannah A in previous seasons before she made it… and I’m sure I’ve clocked Lexie and Breelan. I haven’t yet seen Lauren Parker in season 11… I’m sure I saw an interview where she said she’d tried out the season before she went to training camp which would have been season 12. Of course, I could be mistaken! 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

I’ve definitely seen Hannah A in previous seasons before she made it… and I’m sure I’ve clocked Lexie and Breelan. I haven’t yet seen Lauren Parker in season 11… I’m sure I saw an interview where she said she’d tried out the season before she went to training camp which would have been season 12. Of course, I could be mistaken! 

Just the other day I thought I saw Lexie in the chairs but didn't make it training camp.

Season 10?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Just the other day I thought I saw Lexie in the chairs but didn't make it training camp.

Season 10?

Could be! I wasn’t 100% sure if it was her when I first saw her because I know she’s danced with the Mavs, but I’m not sure of the timeline: if she didn’t make it further with DCC did she then have time to try out for the Mavs. 

On second watch I’m sure it was her, but I can’t  remember which season! I’m sure you’re right and it was season 10. Finals do tend to blend for me unless there was a standout moment like Vivian’s tin man that wasn’t … or Danielle and her injured foot!  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Red head Jamie , bless her, she kept trying.   I never liked her dancing. And brining big props just screams to me you are trying to hide your dancing 

ITA.  I thought she was a sweet, beautiful gal but her dancing never grabbed me.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, DocBrown said:

I’m sure I’ve clocked Lexie and Breelan.

In a talking head the year Breelan made it, she did say she got cut the year before (I want to say in semis), so yep, I'm sure you saw her!

Yeah, Breelan's rookie year was Season 9, but first tried out in Season 8 when she was 18. They ask a question at Season 8 Finals Interviews (had something either to do with Hall of Fame or Dancing With The Stars) and another girl gets it's wrong, but then they show Breelan answering correctly with "Emmitt Smith".

Season 4 was on Pluto yesterday, and that was the first time I noticed Marie Lynne at auditions. She got a little focus at season 5 auditions, and of course made training camp in season 6 before getting cut. She also got a little focus when she tried back out in Season 7. I never knew she tried out that many times. There's always something new to notice.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Season 4 was on Pluto yesterday, and that was the first time I noticed Marie Lynne at auditions. She got a little focus at season 5 auditions, and of course made training camp in season 6 before getting cut. She also got a little focus when she tried back out in Season 7. I never knew she tried out that many times. There's always something new to notice.

I recall Marie had some kind of injury during TC and  was trying to hide it. Don't know what it was but I thought she said something about therapy for it. Kelli said she had a  "floppy foot". Marie was on the Miami Heat Dancers for 1 season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jaycie Seta, who was chosen for training camp last year and deferred until this year, then chose not to return, is a finalist for the Arizona Cardinals Cheerleaders. Someone previously mentioned that she has a serious boyfriend now that she didn't have at the time of DCC auditions, so I guess that's the end of Texas for her.

1163093937_Jaycie2Capture.thumb.JPG.47ba78ed7667c612aaac1a2ecb14d1f3.JPG

1572048339_Jaycie2Capture2b.thumb.JPG.c0ed042e653d0976c57153ddfe5f95ab.JPG

She's in the front row, third from the left, white top, red shorts.

Capture2.JPG.596ffd8c9df8ce6f49a069046aaeb745.JPG

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 6/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, DocBrown said:

No. I’m from the UK and as someone whose parent suffers from dementia I find it a little hurtful to see dementia portrayed as an insult, given what my family are going through. I don’t think it’s a term to be thrown around lightly. 

However. 

I can certainly see that Kelli has been inconsistent on certain decisions. And saying it took her so long to notice Kelli Q? She was definitely in prominent shots! I’m sure she was at Kitty Carter’s finals session… I forget which season. Although I didn’t see that she spoke Croatian. That’s pretty cool! 

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your parent. My Dad passed away in 2001 from Alzheimer's. It's a hard way to lose someone you love. It is jarring in our case to see it used out of medical context.

Perhaps we could call it selective amnesia instead of dementia. Kelli picks and chooses who she wishes to remember, ditto for rules, etc. Consistency and fairness make for a good leader. These are qualities that are lacking in Kelli.

• Love 7

Is it just me, or is the dancing in the triangle formation boring. I don't mind it and I love seeing who earns point for the season, it's just that they have an entire field and they choose to dance in the same formation most of the counts. The video shows them in different formations and also using the triangle. I wish they would go back to doing this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Is it just me, or is the dancing in the triangle formation boring. I don't mind it and I love seeing who earns point for the season, it's just that they have an entire field and they choose to dance in the same formation most of the counts. The video shows them in different formations and also using the triangle. I wish they would go back to doing this.

This was absolutely refreshing to watch. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, including TS, but couldn't they find a way to incorporate both? 

• Love 7

Anyone know who is the TCC from Season 7 that gets cut after Episode 4 makeovers/Gillys?  Her name starts with an “S”?  I heard her name is “Syntia” or something similar? Anyone know why she was cut and/or why her situation was edited out?

D9039949-E1C0-4A3E-9E6B-8A5BD618F830.jpeg

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Anyone know who is the TCC from Season 7 that gets cut after Episode 4 makeovers/Gillys?  Her name starts with an “S”?  I heard her name is “Syntia” or something similar? Anyone know why she was cut and/or why her situation was edited out?

D9039949-E1C0-4A3E-9E6B-8A5BD618F830.jpeg

Sintia - had been arrested for assault.  If I remember it right, they chose to keep her situation private.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Sintia looks exactly like one of my cousins, so one time I asked her why she blew her shot at DCC and she had no idea what I was talking about. I just laughed to myself about it, but she probably thought I lost my mind. Good times

• LOL 11
8 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I loved all the formation changes, it's much more interesting visually and it would give multiple girls the chance to shine at the front too.

Can we also say that they've been using the same moves for over 11 years now in exactly the same order? Parts of this routine are used in the same combo in Thunder as well as other sideline routines. That's why I like them to have guest choreographers!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I loved all the formation changes, it's much more interesting visually and it would give multiple girls the chance to shine at the front too.

Also, to me anyway, they look like they're having so much more fun than the more recent squads do.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Kathryn Dunn. 2 Nd time in training camp... why could she not do thunderstruck ???  Honestly these ladies come back and can’t do “ the signature dance”?

Heck, I can do it just from watching the show. 

Seriously, though, you'd think that anyone who had been in training camp once and intended to return would have the dances they'd been taught down cold.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Can we also say that they've been using the same moves for over 11 years now in exactly the same order? Parts of this routine are used in the same combo in Thunder as well as other sideline routines. That's why I like them to have guest choreographers!

I have a vague recollection of Jenna and maybe some others changing some of the Thunder choreo during their time on the team. I could be thinking of something else though.

In the past discussion on this same topic, someone posted that the Cowboys and the DCC were all about tradition and Thunder is part of that tradition, so don't expect it to change. I think that probably plays a large role in it.

As always, whenever this topic comes up, I find myself wondering about Judy. Someone once pointed out that her role is more like Artistic Director than choreographer, and that makes more sense to me. From what I understand, she sets the formations, stages the larger performances, and does a lot of creative around the swim calendar. I'm sure there are other things as well.

I don't think Judy creates or teaches dances anymore, and hasn't for ages. It makes me wonder who the actual team choreographer is in reality. I think they say they have 50 new dances every year. Who creates those? We know they bring in outside choreographers, but they aren't paying outsiders to create 50 dances. The DCC also always seem to have one or two assistant choreographers (recently retired DCC) on staff. Maybe they're doing most of it? Them and the group leaders? Or maybe they're getting alumni like Sarah and Jenn and we just don't hear about it? Very curious about how this works.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't think Judy creates or teaches dances anymore, and hasn't for ages. It makes me wonder who the actual team choreographer is in reality. I think they say they have 50 new dances every year. Who creates those? We know they bring in outside choreographers, but they aren't paying outsiders to create 50 dances. The DCC also always seem to have one or two assistant choreographers (recently retired DCC) on staff. Maybe they're doing most of it? Them and the group leaders? Or maybe they're getting alumni like Sarah and Jenn and we just don't hear about it? Very curious about how this works.

That number has fluctuated between 25 and 50 depending on which MTT season you are watching. And I'm pretty sure that's just the number of routines in general, not new routines. Total speculation on my part, but I'm guessing they have maybe five new dances each year and half of them are hip hop or contemporary that are only used for SG, and those are all done by guest choreographers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

That number has fluctuated between 25 and 50 depending on which MTT season you are watching. And I'm pretty sure that's just the number of routines in general, not new routines. Total speculation on my part, but I'm guessing they have maybe five new dances each year and half of them are hip hop or contemporary that are only used for SG, and those are all done by guest choreographers.

If that's true, it makes me feel sorry for the vets who have to attend rehearsal night after night for dances they already know. But I did hear there are some rookies-only rehearsals, so maybe the vets do get a break.

• Love 3
On 6/28/2021 at 5:21 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Love these formations, especially when they transition into the kick line.

And Alyssa - yikes.  They moved the camera off of her quickly, and I'm sure she received some "feedback" for that closeup. She just always came across as snotty to me (although less so in season 3).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Love these formations, especially when they transition into the kick line.

And Alyssa - yikes.  They moved the camera off of her quickly, and I'm sure she received some "feedback" for that closeup. She just always came across as snotty to me (although less so in season 3).

She looked gassed. I can also see why Charlotte wasn't too keen on Anne Lux. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

Yeah, Ann looked tired too. Maybe that's why they don't do all those formation changes anymore, too exhausting. From watching, I totally get what they all saw in Trisha, she looked like she was having a blast the entire time.

• Love 5

rewatching s14 in the background and cracking up a bit because i forgot that kelli asked evan miller about who'd be best as point ('center dancer'), and he said gina, maddie, and amy...not a planted response at all LOL 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2021 at 2:21 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

it's just that they have an entire field and they choose to dance in the same formation most of the counts.

That huge field dwarfs everyone, particularly when you are spread out.  A close formation visually looks big and impressive, which is why they only occupy a fairly small space. And yes, the DCC seem to prefer triangles and rectangles but I am not sure what other shapes in terms of formations would work? They did a diamond a few times but to be honest, I prefer the triangle as it looks better (the diamond always gave me the idea that some dancers were missing...)

On 6/29/2021 at 7:16 PM, sleepyjean said:

I have a vague recollection of Jenna and maybe some others changing some of the Thunder choreo during their time on the team. I could be thinking of something else though.

Wasn't one of those changes the entrance? Where they entered from all four corners and formed an X before transitioning into the triangle? I really liked that entrance btw, it's in one of the Christmas videos on youtube where they use the Thunder choreo (with this entrance) on a Christmas medley.

• Useful 1

They need to do a different formation and song to thunderstruck. 

1 minute ago, LilyD said:

That huge field dwarfs everyone, particularly when you are spread out.  A close formation visually looks big and impressive, which is why they only occupy a fairly small space. And yes, the DCC seem to prefer triangles and rectangles but I am not sure what other shapes in terms of formations would work? They did a diamond a few times but to be honest, I prefer the triangle as it looks better (the diamond always gave me the idea that some dancers were missing...)

Wasn't one of those changes the entrance? Where they entered from all four corners and formed an X before transitioning into the triangle? I really liked that entrance btw, it's in one of the Christmas videos on youtube where they use the Thunder choreo (with this entrance) on a Christmas medley.

I LOVED THAT ENTRANCE. There used to be a different entrance that the girls do in the first 2/3 seasons (it is on Youtube somewhere) to thunderstruck. I know I have seen it

I actually said on that christmas entrance (on that youtube vid) that I love that entrance and maybe they should do that entrance and it was nice to see a different routine to thunderstruck and someone actually flamed me and said they been doing it since season 1, and that I was that stupid to not understand it LOL when in reality I was just giving good feedback and noone else who say that comment had an issue with it LOL 

• Love 2

Speaking of Christmas, I love how they do a routine to "Deck the Halls" that is done to the tune of Thunderstruck. What is with the obsession over that song?? Did AC/DC give it to them at a discount?

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of Christmas, I love how they do a routine to "Deck the Halls" that is done to the tune of Thunderstruck. What is with the obsession over that song?? Did AC/DC give it to them at a discount?

Some of the Thunderstruck lyrics, lol:

Rode down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the town
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
We met some girls
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules
Played all the fools
Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds

• Love 2
19 hours ago, INKWTWH said:

Agreed, Ann doesn’t look too happy to be there. I thought Kaitlin LeGrand looked fantastic though!

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Some of the Thunderstruck lyrics, lol:

Rode down the highway
Broke the limit, we hit the town
Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
We met some girls
Some dancers who gave a good time
Broke all the rules
Played all the fools
Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds

Lol. You forgot the best line:

I was shaking at the knees
Could I come again please

Totally about the quintessential girls next door. 

Like most AC/DC songs, they are mostly likely singing about going to the public library. Or helping orphans. Or helping orphans learn to read at the public library. Not about sex. No way.  

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 10