Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

There's a couple candidates I wonder if we'll ever see audition again; Courtney from Tyler, TX  (she made TC in S10, I think, and was cut right before the end), and Taylor, the blond who also made it to TC in S10, who said no one should kill another person's dreams. Anyone know anything?

I don't think Courtney will ever be back.  I really liked her.  K & J did not like her style (if it's the one I'm thinking of).  I think she went on and finished her college education and got on with her life.  (Was it her feet or something like that?)

25 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't think Courtney will ever be back.  I really liked her.  K & J did not like her style (if it's the one I'm thinking of).  I think she went on and finished her college education and got on with her life.  (Was it her feet or something like that?)

She (Courtney) went on and did two seasons with the DSIG if it's the blonde I'm thinking of....Taylor...she was a dynamo but had low, tight kicks and no matter what, could not get them up to par.  I liked her and they held onto her as long as they could to give her time on the kicks, but it just didn't pan out for her.  

6 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

There's a couple candidates I wonder if we'll ever see audition again; Courtney from Tyler, TX  (she made TC in S10, I think, and was cut right before the end), and Taylor, the blond who also made it to TC in S10, who said no one should kill another person's dreams. Anyone know anything?

From what is shown on social media, I don't think they'll ever be back.  I don't remember when Taylor was cut, but Courtney was the last one cut that year and one girl that Kelli really wanted to come back and re-audition.  I could see why they never came back thought.  Taylor probably realized that her kicks were as good as they were going to get so didn't see why she should go through that again just to be told her kicks weren't that great.  Courtney probably didn't want to deal with it (and Kitty) again.  I remember one part where Kitty was after her for not being flexible enough and not having enough core strength (at least I'm pretty sure).

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

From what is shown on social media, I don't think they'll ever be back.  I don't remember when Taylor was cut, but Courtney was the last one cut that year and one girl that Kelli really wanted to come back and re-audition.  I could see why they never came back thought.  Taylor probably realized that her kicks were as good as they were going to get so didn't see why she should go through that again just to be told her kicks weren't that great.  Courtney probably didn't want to deal with it (and Kitty) again.  I remember one part where Kitty was after her for not being flexible enough and not having enough core strength (at least I'm pretty sure).

Taylor was cut pretty late into TC, they were at the stadium if I'm remembering correctly...because when she made the statement "I don't think anyone should be able to kill anyone's dreams..." (or something similar) she was walking out of the stadium "office".  

Just got an email for the Rockette’s Christmas spectacular...and of course Jacie is one of the gals featured! There are four black women in the pic, actually, which is great to see. I believe there were only two darker skinned ladies in the show last year. I assume this is a new cast for the 2019 season, but I could be wrong. 

If any of you are in NYC while the show is playing, I highly recommend it! So delightful. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB and/or someone else "in the know"...most generally how far in advance of the first game is the kickline and triangle permanently set? (I know in the past that those events have been used to announced the team) 🙂

Varies from season to season, depending on what’s being decided in TC. Sometimes it’s the week of, other times it’s been 2-3 weeks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, EricaShadows said:

Personally, I wondered why Taylor tried out at all, with her kicks as poor as they were. In TC I remember her saying she was a Barbie, not a Gumby. So she's at TC knowing her kicks weren't up to par. I think they gave her quite a good amount of time to improve, like they gave MacKenzie. MacKenzie improved a lot, even though her kicks were still her weakest point. So I guess I can understand Taylor not re-auditioning.

For Courtney, she was only 19 when she made TC. I'm hoping she works on her dancing and cheers with her college squad, then re-auditions. So many DCCs have benefitted from college cheer squads. I hope she comes back in a couple years.

Yikes. Not sure if anyone here keeps up with Big Brother (I personally have never watched the show a day in my life) but I saw this picture of Kat Dunn after she was eliminated from the show and I never would have recognized her.  She is looking rough and like she's had a little too much work done.  Certainly not the bright-eyed, fresh-faced candidate we saw years back.

Snip20190816_12.png

4 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Yikes. Not sure if anyone here keeps up with Big Brother (I personally have never watched the show a day in my life) but I saw this picture of Kat Dunn after she was eliminated from the show and I never would have recognized her.  She is looking rough and like she's had a little too much work done.  Certainly not the bright-eyed, fresh-faced candidate we saw years back.

Snip20190816_12.png

Well, she lasted longer than I expected, but she seems upset there.   And MUCH older than what, early to mid-thirties?

1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

It's probably addressed before, but while browsing Pompedia I noticed that Alexandria is missing in the 2017-2018 headshot photo's.

She made the squad, and is in the squad photo (also on pompedia), but there are only 35 pictures..

Anyone know why that is ?

https://www.pompedia.com/index.php?title=Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders_of_2017_-_18

She left the team after the 1st or 2nd game.

Also noticed Kelli is listed as Kelli Quinn (middle name) but her last name was Sullivan. She's married and now is Wilson.

Edited by MrsEVH
14 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She left the team after the 1st or 2nd game.

thanks - did some more research on the board and saw she had to leave for medical reasons in her family.. Had to go way back though 😀

alexandriastav_37413486_202298820447981_3990715334624542720_n.thumb.jpg.009dd17ced4bcdd722da12e8336a3645.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

thanks - did some more research on the board and saw she had to leave for medical reasons in her family..

That's one thought.  Then there's Kelli's mention of "attrition" during the beginning of S13 where they showed both Alexandria and Kalyssa.  We will probably never know the full story.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, go4luca said:

"attrition" during the beginning of S13 where they showed both Alexandria and Kalyssa.

There's a clip on youtube from Kalyssa where she says that she cheered the entire series (= all games), and that they parted in good standing. So that would leave attrition only applicable to Alexandra.. or not.. or does.. who knows 🤪

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

There's a clip on youtube from Kalyssa where she says that she cheered the entire series (= all games), and that they parted in good standing. So that would leave attrition only applicable to Alexandra.. or not.. or does.. who knows 🤪

Nope.  Kalyssa did not complete her season.  That's why she does not have a DCC pinkie ring.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Snip20190816_12.png

I was going to bring this up. I dont think there is any TC eliminated girl that has kept up the hussle to stay in the "limelight", but it seems like the hussle  is taking it out on her. 

• Love 2
On 7/26/2019 at 2:27 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Just saw this promo/gif...I forget....what year was Morgan and did she get cut or resign?

Morgan always reminded me of a Tampa Bay Buc cheerleader material. 

On 7/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, MelissaB326 said:

I am on Season 9 of my rewatch and I just finished watching finals. Melissa W. has always been a favorite of mine but I just realized she said she was going into her senior year at Southern Methodist University in her intro, so did she cheer as a DCC and do her schoolwork as a mechanical engineer at the same time? Is SMU located near Dallas? I was already impressed when I thought she graduated then became a DCC but if she did her senior year as a ME and cheered, I am even more impressed. I have a BS and MS in an engineering degree and it is not easy even if you aren’t dancing all the time, she is pretty amazing. I love how bright and nice she seems. 

I also noticed Robyn in the audience at finals, I didn’t realize she didn’t made it in that year (and Alexandra did 🤔).

Poor Kelli Q. still sitting in the crowd not called at finals while Christina makes it 🙄

SMU Is pretty much in Dallas, you drive 20 mins and you are in downtown

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Morgan always reminded me of a Tampa Bay Buc cheerleader material. 

She was rookie in season 8 (2013/2014).

She did reaudition, but didn't make it to training camp (Morgan, Alex and Courtney were the 3 vets that were cut). Morgan was late for her interview, which did her no favors.

Edited by Loodicrus
Correction
  • Love 1

Milan is one of the DCC that I wished we saw more, she left so early. That whole Rookie class had so many stars in the making and they all one by one just bounced ... Cersten, Maggie, Mandy, Khalyn, Yuko, Milan, Tasha, Tess, Kelli and Heather - what a class of girls! 

• Love 1

Can someone remind me what years Ashton/Alyssa Torres and Crystal/Trisha Trevino were on the squad together? Does anyone know of any videos of them performing together? Also, what other sisters were cheerleaders together?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something & horrific spelling
5 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Who are the African American ladies in this video....Nicole Hamilton and Ally Traylor? And did I spy both the Trevino sisters in this video?

Nicole H.

Brooke Sorenson

Meghan Sharpe

Tobie Huff

Trevinos both

Britney Evans I think

Michelle Keys

Kelsi Reich

This squad is like the  90s Supermodel era! The Prime Time Team. 

including Deryn, Ashton, Mia, Justine, Whitney, Jackie etc.

Edited by Dal8las
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Michelle Keys

How many years did she do before retiring? Did she immediately start her dance studio?

One last question then I have to go or I'm gonna be late for work....Who holds the record for the all time longest tenure as a DCC during MTT and how many years was that?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed some wording and formatting
3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How many years did she do before retiring? Did she immediately start her dance studio?

I think she did like 3/4 then probably started working with Kitty for awhile...with Social Media she got her name back out there..she danced with the Dallas Mavs before DCC for a bit too. She danced for them for 2 years I think. 

Edited by Dal8las
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Dal8las said:

Can you spot Kelli in this video..

I have no clue 🙂 but how many 8-counts is that performance ? 
Kelli looked like this then:
image.png.b398ce5db244a3a4e9a62acaf4808a6a.png

Edited by Loodicrus
photo
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

One last question then I have to go or I'm gonna be late for work....Who holds the record for the all time longest tenure as a DCC during MTT and how many years was that?

Probably Sydney. 7 yrs

Edited by Tootie
  • Useful 1
On 8/14/2019 at 2:44 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

OK board peeps...someone help me out. Trying to figure out (in past seasons) who might've been injured in TC and made the squad anyway.  Was Brooke Sorenson Nix injured before the squad was announced?

Yes, if my memory serves me correctly. Brooke tore her ACL doing a jump split because of the error another girl made. Cassie was injured during tryouts and TC and barely danced because of it. This was the only time I thought she didn't earn her spot on as a DCC. Any other vet would have been cut at auditions. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Vonceil Baker cheered for 8 years and her sister Vanessa for 7.

The initial question was "during the MTT" time frame.  Yes, Vonciel was longer, but the show wasn't on during her tenure...

4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

There was one back in the day that did it for 8 years but I can't find the article I read it in.

Not during MTT...

Edited by Tootie
10 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Yes, if my memory serves me correctly. Brooke tore her ACL doing a jump split because of the error another girl made. Cassie was injured during tryouts and TC and barely danced because of it. This was the only time I thought she didn't earn her spot on as a DCC. Any other vet would have been cut at auditions. 

Especially since rumor has it, she didn't go to PT.  However, I thought Cassie had said she injured her knee many times before then.  

On 8/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

OK board peeps...someone help me out. Trying to figure out (in past seasons) who might've been injured in TC and made the squad anyway.  Was Brooke Sorenson Nix injured before the squad was announced?

When did Ashley Holland injure her knee?  Was it after TC?  How about the year when Jordan C, Brittney E and Ally T were all injured - wasn't that during TC?  Sarah G tore her ACL, but I can't remember exactly when.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Who are the African American ladies in this video....Nicole Hamilton and Ally Traylor? And did I spy both the Trevino sisters in this video?

NICOLE!!👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼!!  The soulful stylish, booty-pop best!!!  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was just looking on Wikipedia for someone else and came across this cheerleader from 2014 that I had forgotten about.  Did she get cut auditioning for a 2nd season or retire after one?

Dallas_Cowboys_Abby_Camille_Bertrand_201

Is that Abby or something? I think she retired. I don't recall her being one of the cut girls. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was just looking on Wikipedia for someone else and came across this cheerleader from 2014 that I had forgotten about.  Did she get cut auditioning for a 2nd season or retire after one?

Dallas_Cowboys_Abby_Camille_Bertrand_201

Abby Bertrand.....Rookie in '13 retired in what looks like end of'14 season according to the DCC Wiki

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2019 at 2:57 PM, Dal8las said:

Milan is one of the DCC that I wished we saw more, she left so early. That whole Rookie class had so many stars in the making and they all one by one just bounced ... Cersten, Maggie, Mandy, Khalyn, Yuko, Milan, Tasha, Tess, Kelli and Heather - what a class of girls! 

Check out the podcast, “I Want The Real” (season 1, episode 3) - Milan talks about her days on the team and why she left. Interesting stuff!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1