Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 7/29/2019 at 5:57 PM, MelissaB326 said:

Also, Colby 😬 How is she “31” but looks about 45+? I can’t figure out how she even made finals to get a chance to win the fan vote.

Heavy makeup, heavy self-tanner, and going well under a healthy BMI will definitely make you look older....I've seen pics of Colby since and she's a really beautiful girl, but I don't think there is any possible way to not look older under those circumstances.  (And injectables or plastics in general are touch and go - Colby specifically mentioned getting her lips done, which was unfortunate, but I have also seen quite a few retired DCC with bat brows and bunny noses).

DCC are obviously very beautiful young women, but it also seems as though the kind of makeup they have to wear to cheer (bright lights, many photographs, etc.) ages them all a bit.  That's not usually a problem since they tend to be very young women for the most part (and the "older" ones are still quite young), but any visible sign of aging is going to be exaggerated significantly.  I notice the same effect with pageant girls.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

And the constant “I just need my breakthrough moment” felt like she was just trying to be on a TV show, it was such a weird thing to say so many times. 

Agreed!  

• Love 1

This might be the wrong place to put it, but to the uk people, I just noticed that ITVBe has been showing series 9 of DCC every saturday (final episode of series 9 is shown tomorrow around 8.am) but just switched the tv on right now and ITVBe is showing series 11 every weekday (weird that they show series 9 every sat and then started showing series 11 and they havent shown series 10. 

49 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

This might be the wrong place to put it, but to the uk people, I just noticed that ITVBe has been showing series 9 of DCC every saturday (final episode of series 9 is shown tomorrow around 8.am) but just switched the tv on right now and ITVBe is showing series 11 every weekday (weird that they show series 9 every sat and then started showing series 11 and they havent shown series 10. 

They always show the same seasons! Think they've only got the rights to so many seasons. I wish they could do a deal with CMT to show the current season but I don't think the viewing figures would be that good. I don't know anyone who actually watches it!

8 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

They always show the same seasons! Think they've only got the rights to so many seasons. I wish they could do a deal with CMT to show the current season but I don't think the viewing figures would be that good. I don't know anyone who actually watches it!

Up until about 2 years ago (roughly) they used to repeat season 5-7 on ITVBe every year when the new season starts in the US. I dont think anyone outside the boards care but I get a few people messaging me (from this board) saying they are from uk and have no idea when the show is on etc because they never see it on ITVBe anymore but I always notices when its on

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This is random, but I never noticed this before. Jacie 2012, Cersten 2017

FAMZN_St_117.jpeg.e4ce111a278491deaf00ecf001e2f789.jpeg

545331162_Cersten1494709121-Cowboys-Cheer-Tryouts.thumb.jpg.a48a5f09ccb6316ff03a8776c3663ca0.jpg

Jenn K was thanking some of the alumni this year for loaning costumes to other girls, so we may recognize some at solos:)

• Love 8
On 5/16/2019 at 9:04 AM, MrsEVH said:

Courtney auditioned in 2013 and didn't make it but made the Texas Legends dancers. Also on that TLD squad were DCC vet Kelli, MDC Jamie, and current AAIA Raegan. A lot of girls started  on the Legends Dancers.

She came back in 2014 and auditioned again but didn't make it. She then made the Dallas Stars Ice Girls and stayed for 2 seasons. 

she's now in her second season as a NE Patriots cheerleader... she made line leader this season 🤗🤗She's awesome!! 

B90F921B-72D2-4CF6-8F2F-5810E6388189.jpeg

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 10

I've been a fan since the beginning but for some reason I didn't know about the "toxic" environment and the mean girls. This is new information. I'm kind of excited to be let in on all of it. I guess I thought it was all sunshine and rainbows. Lol. Let's hear the stories!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

Did I spy a very young Kelli Quinn at the end of season 4 episode 1? Her number is 204. 

Season 4 is back in 2009; how long has she been auditioning? I thought 2013 was her first year. 

18 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

She is cheering for a winning organization. She looks great!

She does look great to bad the patriots cheer team only lets you stay on the squad 4 years then you have to retire 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Moving Squad Announcement discussion to Past Seasons as requested - I agree with all that I hated the season when it was announced on picture day.  But I also hated last year with Charlotte.  Obviously, she has a right to be there! But it is K&J yelling at them and having office sessions, so it takes away from them if Charlotte makes the announcement.  It would be GREAT to really mix it up.  So, I am going to throw this up and duck while y'all shoot holes in it.

Declare TC to be a certain period of time, and everybody stays the whole time (they know this up front).  At the end, sit them in the chairs and call them up like they do after finals.  They can still have office visits and coaching along the way, but the pressure of the "I might be cut tonight" isn't there Every. Single. Frickin.  Night.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Opine said:

It would be GREAT to really mix it up.  So, I am going to throw this up and duck while y'all shoot holes in it.

Declare TC to be a certain period of time, and everybody stays the whole time (they know this up front).  At the end, sit them in the chairs and call them up like they do after finals.  They can still have office visits and coaching along the way, but the pressure of the "I might be cut tonight" isn't there Every. Single. Frickin.  Night.

That would be great except for the ones that it is so painfully obvious they are out of their depths. Of course, we still get some of that anyway -- ahem, Malena, Briana . . .

40 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

That would be great except for the ones that it is so painfully obvious they are out of their depths. Of course, we still get some of that anyway -- ahem, Malena, Briana . . .

I mentioned in another thread that Kelli spending time with the obvious cuts takes time away from ones that might be saved - ie Lily.  Her attention isn't where it needs to be.  I would think that it also frustrates the GL's who lead practice.

• Love 3

I have been rewatching all the seasons straight through starting with Season 3. Whew. I definitely prefer the old setup of Episode 1 being preliminary and semi-final round, then Episode 2 being finals. It’s just too drawn out with the tryouts being 3 episodes.

After watching all of these seasons back to back, I am convinced they go into finals planning to find some reason to cut the weak links from the vets because the girls that barely made it the year before almost always are cut for one reason or another.

I just finished Season 11, Auto Amy’s cut at the end always gets me, I was just heart broken for her. I do wonder why they didn’t cut her earlier if she wasn’t ready because it seems like she worked so hard. 

Season 12 tryout thoughts:

Oh boy I forgot about Kalyssa. She was so pretty but apparently had bigger dreams to be a nude model 😂

Alexandria - she looked amazing at auditions. I still don’t understand her decision to try out, she had just bought a house with her fiancée and seemed happy back East. I wonder if she had regrets once she was deep in training camp and took any excuse to quit the team. 

Miranda - they interviewed her at semis and I forgot how bad her uni-boob was before she got it fixed. I feel bad because she is such a nice girl but at least she got it fixed.

Christina - dance ability and personality aside, her hair looks so much better than it did in her old auditions. 

Lacey - I feel bad about her not making it.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Oh boy I forgot about Kalyssa. She was so pretty but apparently had bigger dreams to be a nude model 😂

Well, I haven't seen nude pictures, and I really don't want to either, but she was pretty as a rookie. Now browsing her facebook page, she's not so pretty anymore.. I guess even Neil would agree 😁

https://www.facebook.com/KalyssaS/

How the great can fall 😢

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Alexandria - she looked amazing at auditions. I still don’t understand her decision to try out, she had just bought a house with her fiancée and seemed happy back East. I wonder if she had regrets once she was deep in training camp and took any excuse to quit the team. 

Her future mother in law was very sick.  And rumor had it, she was dealing with "mean girl" Jenna.  If that is true, she probably just thought screw it, and went home to be with family.  I'm sure as an outsider, no one really had her back.

7 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

Well, I haven't seen nude pictures, and I really don't want to either, but she was pretty as a rookie. Now browsing her facebook page, she's not so pretty anymore.. I guess even Neil would agree 😁

https://www.facebook.com/KalyssaS/

How the great can fall 😢

Don't need to check her FB page.  Her IG is more than enough.  Very sad.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Don't need to check her FB page.  Her IG is more than enough.  Very sad.

Lol, I am not a fan of IG.. probably my age wont let me get accustomed to that interface. Also not fond of the square pictures, and the inabilty to enlarge them (in a proper, normal way).

1 minute ago, Loodicrus said:

Lol, I am not a fan of IG.. probably my age wont let me get accustomed to that interface. Also not fond of the square pictures, and the inabilty to enlarge them (in a proper, normal way).

No worries!  I was a long hold out joining IG.  I needed another SM account like I need a hole in my head.   But now I prefer it.  Much faster way to peruse the photos because of the grid layout.  You don't have to do as much scrolling as you do on FB.

I use a few browser extensions allowing me to easily enlarge an IG photo & download a pic or or video.  They definitely come in handy and enhance the viewing experience!

• Love 1

Just watched 1st episode of last season. I didn't realize that Charlotte's striped pants were the same material as Sheldon Cooper's Doppler effect Halloween costume!  Even if you don't watch The Big Bang Theory, you gotta laugh at those pants!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Re-watching season 11 - I forgot that Brenda gave Maggie a no.  Bad Brenda!!  And so did Jay, but even Kelli said her solo wasn't great, but she performed everything else well.

Hannah has bad kicks.  And Judy got "the look" from Charlotte cause she said Yuko's routine was "good, it wasn't great"

Marshall gave Milan a "maybe" cause of how her hair looked, even though he said it could be fixed.  No wonder she sounded frustrated talking about her hair color in the podcast.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Re-watching season 11 - I forgot that Brenda gave Maggie a no.  Bad Brenda!!  And so did Jay, but even Kelli said her solo wasn't great, but she performed everything else well.

Hannah has bad kicks.  And Judy got "the look" from Charlotte cause she said Yuko's routine was "good, it wasn't great"

Marshall gave Milan a "maybe" cause of how her hair looked, even though he said it could be fixed.  No wonder she sounded frustrated talking about her hair color in the podcast.

I do not care for Brenda.  At all.  She has no idea about dance.  She is just a narcissistic suck up.

Charlotte needs to re-think her "look".  Maybe Kelli can give her the Jackie Kennedy book on grace because that woman has none. 

Feeling salty........

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Opine said:

I do not care for Brenda.  At all.  She has no idea about dance.  She is just a narcissistic suck up.

Charlotte needs to re-think her "look".  Maybe Kelli can give her the Jackie Kennedy book on grace because that woman has none. 

Feeling salty........

Kelli needs to give her a cookbook or two.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Opine said:

Feeling salty........

I don't mind her but this is the point. Most of the panel have no idea about judging dance. News presenters, hairdressers, country music singers. They're less likely to judge on technique but prettiness, showmanship and who does the most hairography. I know that this is part of being a DCC but at the end of the day, they need to be strong technical dancers. They should have more of the guest choreographers on the panel. I liked Nick Florez from a year or so ago. Charm seems like a great addition though!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I don't mind her but this is the point. Most of the panel have no idea about judging dance. News presenters, hairdressers, country music singers. They're less likely to judge on technique but prettiness, showmanship and who does the most hairography. I know that this is part of being a DCC but at the end of the day, they need to be strong technical dancers. They should have more of the guest choreographers on the panel. I liked Nick Florez from a year or so ago. Charm seems like a great addition though!

In the end, Charlotte, Kelli and Judy decide who makes it to training camp. Remember that Danielle was not selected by the combined judges, and she was added anyway. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

In the end, Charlotte, Kelli and Judy decide who makes it to training camp. Remember that Danielle was not selected by the combined judges, and she was added anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Aren't they ranked in finals by all judges? I thought, like SG auditions, they tallyed up the number of yes, no's and maybe's and rank them, hence when Kelli says you made it to TC but you're not top 36 with her spreadsheet in front of her.

20 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Aren't they ranked in finals by all judges? I thought, like SG auditions, they tallyed up the number of yes, no's and maybe's and rank them, hence when Kelli says you made it to TC but you're not top 36 with her spreadsheet in front of her.

Obviously they can change their minds at the last moment. Danielle was added when they had 5 names left to announce for TC. She wouldn't have made the team on the tally. They ended up with one extra. Only TPTB can do that 🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

It's supposed to be that way but as they showed with Danielle...she actually didn't make training camp the season she injured her foot...they added her at the last minute. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kayce said:

It's supposed to be that way but as they showed with Danielle...she actually didn't make training camp the season she injured her foot...they added her at the last minute. 

I don't remember, was that a Kelli decision or Kelli/Charlotte?

6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I seem to remember it being both.  They were standing up front and sort of glanced at each other first.  I'm glad she got back in.   Glad she hasn't sought the fame her BFF Jasmine has.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Kelli and Charlotte I believe. 

50 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I seem to remember it being both.  They were standing up front and sort of glanced at each other first.  I'm glad she got back in.   Glad she hasn't sought the fame her BFF Jasmine has.

She drove me crazy with her hair, but I really liked Danielle.  I'm glad they changed their mind🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Ah the Judges Panel....Kelli, Judy & Melissa judge dance/technical/looks, Marshall looks for potential to mold into the DCC look, Neal McCoy looks for stage presence/entertainment capability/showmanship, Brenda/Kristi look for intelligence/ambassadors, Scott the weatherman looks for screen presentation, the Lucchese Boots guy looks for style to promote his brand. Charlotte is the boss....Show Group judges panel looks for consistency, stage presence & showmanship

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

Ah the Judges Panel....Kelli, Judy & Melissa judge dance/technical/looks, Marshall looks for potential to mold into the DCC look, Neal McCoy looks for stage presence/entertainment capability/showmanship, Brenda/Kristi look for intelligence/ambassadors, Scott the weatherman looks for screen presentation, the Lucchese Boots guy looks for style to promote his brand. Charlotte is the boss....Show Group judges panel looks for consistency, stage presence & showmanship

I think they do a great job.  Don't forget Neal also looks for "HOT!!!" 😂

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I'm glad she got back in.   

I felt she deserved it, unlike Cassie the previous year.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

To me, the hair thing looked like a nervous habit.

Maybe, but I also think she knows it's pretty

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think they do a great job.  Don't forget Neal also looks for "HOT!!!" 😂

I felt she deserved it, unlike Cassie the previous year.

Maybe, but I also think she knows it's pretty

I agree with all of this. The judges all balance each other out well. Kristi is always way off on her dance critiques (to me), but she’s not there for that, thank God. 

• Love 1