Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

On 4/6/2019 at 8:42 PM, bigskygirl said:

Part of the reason why Alexandria left the squad was due to certain toxic girls and the toxic environment, so I doubt her sister would try out for the team.

A few days ago someone on the FB page said something about what an amazing DCC Alexandria was and was now pregnant.  I commented she wasn't considered a DCC since she did not complete a year.  She got livid with me and said she absolutely was a DCC since she made the team and I should just not comment on things.   People confuse this show with things that really matter in life.

9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

A few days ago someone on the FB page said something about what an amazing DCC Alexandria was and was now pregnant.  I commented she wasn't considered a DCC since she did not complete a year.  She got livid with me and said she absolutely was a DCC since she made the team and I should just not comment on things.   People confuse this show with things that really matter in life.

I saw that.

19 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I got called out for saying Jenna was not the perfect DCC she made herself out to be on FB page.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought if they made the team, they were considered a DCC.  Cause I remember a discussion about Sarah Shahi still being considered a DCC even though she quit early, went on the calendar shoot and made the cover.  Isn't that why they stopped taking rookies on the shoots unless they had completed a season?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought if they made the team, they were considered a DCC.  Cause I remember a discussion about Sarah Shahi still being considered a DCC even though she quit early, went on the calendar shoot and made the cover.  Isn't that why they stopped taking rookies on the shoots unless they had completed a season?  

I thought a girl had to complete the entire DCC Season aka when she gets her rookie ring to be consider a rookie. A girl who completes the entire season is considered a rookie, tries out again, makes it back to TC, and is considered a veteran once she finishes her second year aka makes the team again. Kalyssa thinks she is a DCC and completed her first year because she went through the entire football season, but she was cut before the End of Year Banquet happened.

It looks like Sarah S. did finish her rookie year, but she did not finish her entire second year in order to be a veteran.

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought a girl had to complete the entire DCC Season aka when she gets her rookie ring to be consider a rookie. A girl who completes the entire season is considered a rookie, tries out again, makes it back to TC, and is considered a veteran once she finishes her second year aka makes the team again. Kalyssa thinks she is a DCC and completed her first year because she went through the entire football season, but she was cut before the End of Year Banquet happened.

It looks like Sarah S. did finish her rookie year, but she did not finish her entire second year in order to be a veteran.

Sarah S quit after 2-3 games during her rookie year.  Remember, ShellyB threw a little shade:)  And she had gotten the cover of the calendar which really just topped it off, cause in those days they took girls who had just made the team as rookies.  

Kalyssa claimed she finished out her contract, which she didn't.  But I would think she would still be considered a DCC.  

And I would think that in order to avoid confusion, your first year on the squad is considered your rookie year from the time the team is announced until you end your contract.  Then if you make the team again, you are a veteran.  I think some of the confusion came from Miranda saying that even though you are a veteran, you are experiencing things for the first time - ie teaching camps.  She joked they were rookie veterans during that time.  

I also think that some of the captions they put under the girls' name are confusing.  Just say Training Camp Candidate or Rookie or Veteran or 3rd year DCC.

• Love 1

Okay I am totally confused now. *lol* If you do not finish out your first year, are you considered a rookie because you are not a rookie until you finish your whole first year. I would think Sarah was a DCC Rookie if she made the team, but she did not finish her whole year if I am to understand what is being posted on here.

If a girl tries out for a second year, makes the squad, but she does not finish her entire second year, would she be considered a veteran or would she still be a rookie.

I remember the one podcast with first year Rachel and Brennan. Brennan said a girl who finishes her first complete year is considered a rookie. If she tries out for her second year, and makes the team again, she is considered a veteran. I do remember they use to say a girl is a TC Candidate, or two or more years veteran candidate.

16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Okay I am totally confused now. *lol* If you do not finish out your first year, are you considered a rookie because you are not a rookie until you finish your whole first year. I would think Sarah was a DCC Rookie if she made the team, but she did not finish her whole year if I am to understand what is being posted on here.

If a girl tries out for a second year, makes the squad, but she does not finish her entire second year, would she be considered a veteran or would she still be a rookie.

I remember the one podcast with first year Rachel and Brennan. Brennan said a girl who finishes her first complete year is considered a rookie. If she tries out for her second year, and makes the team again, she is considered a veteran. I do remember they use to say a girl is a TC Candidate, or two or more years veteran candidate.

I thought Shelley came on here and said that to be considered a DCC alum, and to get the rookie pinkie ring, they had to complete the entire season which officially ends in May.  That's all I remember. I would think they would be "rookies" whether they completed one game or all of them....I'm right there with you on the confused part. 🙂

• Love 2
On 4/16/2019 at 8:26 PM, sleepyjean said:

How many years was she on the team and I swear I never saw that birthmark on her hand before. Was she covering it or did I just miss it completely?

I am sure that Kelli appreciates her DCC pinky ring being so prominently displayed.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

I thought Shelley came on here and said that to be considered a DCC alum, and to get the rookie pinkie ring, they had to complete the entire season which officially ends in May.  That's all I remember. I would think they would be "rookies" whether they completed one game or all of them....I'm right there with you on the confused part. 🙂

What happens if a girl gets her rookie ring before May, but she does quits before her contract ends in May? Would she be considered a rookie because she officially did not finish the entire DCC Season?

This is what shelly posted in "DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World" pg 16:

On 4/18/2017 at 5:33 PM, Teresa said:

@ShellyB, if a previous cheerleader gets cut at auditions and then returns the following year and makes it back to Training Camp, would she be in camp as a rookie TCC again or would she be in as a veteran? I always wondered that but it seems that those who come back again always get cut before TC. 

On 4/20/2017 at 9:44 PM, ShellyB said:

If a DCC is cut at finals and then returns for a different season, they pick up where they left off.

i.e. If a 3rd year vet is cut at finals, but returns a year or more later and makes the team, she is a 4th year veteran. The only thing that changes is that she must start at prelims. Up until the late 90s, returning vets started at semi's. 

On 4/20/2017 at 9:51 PM, ShellyB said:

Once a DCC completes her year, receives a ring, etc., any year after that,  whether consecutive or time off in between for any reason....she is a veteran. 

I haven't heard anything about Courtney trying out this season. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What happens if a girl gets her rookie ring before May, but she does quits before her contract ends in May? Would she be considered a rookie because she officially did not finish the entire DCC Season?

It may not have been May...but they have to finish out the entire contract to get their pinky rings.  Someone else will have to chime in on when the contract states end of season is.  🙂

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't understand that photo--will you marry my mom?

Will someone explain it to me.

Oh--now I understand.  Just read other thread.  

Her dog is her child 

On 4/16/2019 at 9:26 PM, sleepyjean said:

How many years was she on the team and I swear I never saw that birthmark on her hand before. Was she covering it or did I just miss it completely?

Birthmark was there. Poms cover hands during game . . . and probably not what most peope are looking at/focusing on when not holding poms 😜

Screenshot_2019-04-18-16-41-21-1.png

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I hope I'm wrong because Brianna was stunning just the way she was.  Did she have her lips augmented?

Before:

briannawilhere__20_4_2019_8_41_2_543.jpg

After:

briannawilhere__20_4_2019_8_40_3_39.jpg

I hope not.  I really do not see why women do that to themselves.  Most of them come out looking like a duck.🦆

• Love 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I hope I'm wrong because Brianna was stunning just the way she was.  Did she have her lips augmented?

Before:

briannawilhere__20_4_2019_8_41_2_543.jpg

After:

briannawilhere__20_4_2019_8_40_3_39.jpg

Definitely looks like it in the 2nd pic . . . and it is not an improvement. Hopefully if she did, it's the temporary injections and she doesn't keep doing it. Completely unnecessary.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She looks like Kim Kardashian. I was never impress with her in TC, and I could not understand why Kelli, Judy and Charlotte were fawning over her.

Was it all three, or mainly one of Kelli's infatuations/girl crushes? I remember her being over the moon about her but not so much the other two (if pressed, I would have said it was one Judy kept her mouth shut about & Charlotte is a blank -- but my memory doesn't mean much).

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Was it all three, or mainly one of Kelli's infatuations/girl crushes? I remember her being over the moon about her but not so much the other two (if pressed, I would have said it was one Judy kept her mouth shut about & Charlotte is a blank -- but my memory doesn't mean much).

Hmmm... It could have been just Kelli, but I think Judy like her in her own way. I could go back and watch her scenes, but I want to wash away the last few seasons from my mind.

I think it was ALL (or at least mostly) Kelli who had a thing for Brianna.  Frankly, if there was a way Kelli could have managed it, Brianna would have been on the squad the minute she made it to Training Camp, but Brianna had enough issues that even Kelli knew she wasn't ready.  Judy liked her some and I don't think Charlotte really remembered her once she walked out the door.  Kelli was the one who just couldn't cut Brianna until Kelli'd run out of excuses NOT to cut her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think it was ALL (or at least mostly) Kelli who had a thing for Brianna.  Frankly, if there was a way Kelli could have managed it, Brianna would have been on the squad the minute she made it to Training Camp, but Brianna had enough issues that even Kelli knew she wasn't ready.  Judy liked her some and I don't think Charlotte really remembered her once she walked out the door.  Kelli was the one who just couldn't cut Brianna until Kelli'd run out of excuses NOT to cut her.

Lately, there seems to be at least one each year that Kelli just goes gaga over and bends over backward not to cut even though it's plain a day to everyone else that the girl needs to go. Brianna was 2 years ago & Malena was last year (Victoria doesn't count -- she's a whole other story). My poor brain can't think farther back than that, but I'm sure there have been others in the previous years.

9 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Lately, there seems to be at least one each year that Kelli just goes gaga over and bends over backward not to cut even though it's plain a day to everyone else that the girl needs to go. Brianna was 2 years ago & Malena was last year (Victoria doesn't count -- she's a whole other story). My poor brain can't think farther back than that, but I'm sure there have been others in the previous years.

Courtney in Season 5. Karissa and Kali in Season 6. Rachel Buckmaster in Seasons 4 and 5. You could tell Judy did not want Courtney on the team at all. Karissa, Kali and Rachel could not dance at all. One of my biggest pet peeves is when Kelli and/or Charlotte want to take a girl into TC because of their looks or because the girl reminds them of a movie or television star. Seriously...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Courtney in Season 5. Karissa and Kali in Season 6. Rachel Buckmaster in Seasons 4 and 5. You could tell Judy did not want Courtney on the team at all. Karissa, Kali and Rachel could not dance at all. One of my biggest pet peeves is when Kelli and/or Charlotte want to take a girl into TC because of their looks or because the girl reminds them of a movie or television star. Seriously...

Kelli seems to be all about the appearance and the personality and dance ability/talent (or lack thereof) is a distant third.  From the moment the girls show up at auditions, it should be all about the dance with appearance in second place at best.  She should be able to hold her own with the vets, but also look good in the uniform, have a brain between her ears (and be able to use it), and be able to hold a conversation about many things.  She should be ALL those things, but Kelli likes to go for the pretty girls above all else, no matter what else they bring, or don't bring, to the table.  I seem to remember Kelli saying "but she's so PRETTY" a lot after a girl walks out of the office after being told she has a lot to work on dance-wise.  In most cases, that girl (or girls) is cut because she's SO far behind the others in dance technique and the ability to pick up choreography on the fly.  JMHO.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli seems to be all about the appearance and the personality and dance ability/talent (or lack thereof) is a distant third.  From the moment the girls show up at auditions, it should be all about the dance with appearance in second place at best.  She should be able to hold her own with the vets, but also look good in the uniform, have a brain between her ears (and be able to use it), and be able to hold a conversation about many things.  She should be ALL those things, but Kelli likes to go for the pretty girls above all else, no matter what else they bring, or don't bring, to the table.  I seem to remember Kelli saying "but she's so PRETTY" a lot after a girl walks out of the office after being told she has a lot to work on dance-wise.  In most cases, that girl (or girls) is cut because she's SO far behind the others in dance technique and the ability to pick up choreography on the fly.  JMHO.

Kelli along with Charlotte like the girls who are willing to live and breathe being a DCC 24/7/365 and make the organization look good. Kelli also likes the girls who are willing to rat out other girls in order to stay or be on the squad. I personally think the fame and fortune of the show has went to Kelli and Charlotte's head, and the DCC brand is on a downhill decline.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I wonder if Tessa (former Colts cheerleader) didn't get hurt how far she would have made it in TC.  I say probably as far as Amy Simone and then get cut for kicks. I remember Judy saying she was tired of pretty girls who can't kick.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Alexandra the special ed teacher from Fla-don't remember the season.

20 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder if Tessa (former Colts cheerleader) didn't get hurt how far she would have made it in TC.  I say probably as far as Amy Simone and then get cut for kicks. I remember Judy saying she was tired of pretty girls who can't kick.

If they're tired of it...then STOP taking them...end of problem. 🙂

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Kayce said:

If they're tired of it...the STOP taking them...end of problem. 🙂

Judy has little say so in who they bring into TC. It is more on Kelli and Charlotte on who makes it to TC or makes or does not make the team.

17 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Lauren Castillo 

They cut a one year girl, but they bring in Cathleen Williams and Rachel Buckmaster. I do not believe for one second they were better than Lauren.

Edited by bigskygirl
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Judy has little say so in who they bring into TC. It is more on Kelli and Charlotte on who makes it to TC or makes or does not make the team.

They cut a one year girl, but they bring in Cathleen Williams and Rachel Buckmaster. I do not believe for one second they were better than Lauren.

It wouldn't have mattered what Lauren said or what she did or how she danced after she said she made the uniform. You could see the looks on Charlotte, Judy, and Kelli's faces after she said it. It was over then and there. Not saying it's fair but that's how they work if you piss them off. They rarely forgive. Kind of like Olivia S when she went up against Cassie at the calendar shoot. Judy was never going to let that go unpunished.

I'm guessing Ann Luxe did or said something Charlotte did not like during her first season. Maybe she didn't kiss up enough to the Jones clan at an event. But it was very clear at her second season audition that Charlotte did not want her there. I think Judy/Kelli must have really gone to bat for her to keep her on the squad that year. It's hard to overrule Charlotte.

I just spent a few moments I'll never get back looking at Kathryn D's Twitter. Is her pageant career officially over since she aged out? I'm guessing nobody in the pageant world is too upset about that.

• Love 2
On 4/20/2019 at 5:55 PM, hannahbanana said:

Definitely looks like it in the 2nd pic . . . and it is not an improvement. Hopefully if she did, it's the temporary injections and she doesn't keep doing it. Completely unnecessary.

Yikes. I've never understood why women get those lip injections- it makes them look like cheap blow-up dolls.

And I thought she was quite naturally beautiful to begin with. 

There have been girls in the past who have pissed off Kelli and Charlotte aka Jenna and Danielle but they still were on the team. Jenna was willing to keep her spot by telling on Holly and Erica. Danielle was given a second chance in Season 8 after the judges wanted to cut her, but she was not working on getting her weight down and was running around with toxic Chelsea. I think if Kelli and Charlotte did not like her, she would have shown the door. She was brought back to the office the same night Chelsea was brought back in for a second time, but her scene was not shown.

Even Cassie was brought back for her last year after Jay was questioning why she should be brought back because she was not doing her rehab after her knee surgery and was a mean girl causing problems for other girls. She was a risk for the squad, but Kelli and Charlotte wanted her back. They even brought up the fact Cassie replace Lauren because of Lauren's injury because *gasp* Cassie's knee could go out. Her knee could have went out because she was not doing her rehab, not because she was taking one for the team and being a good leader. They were darn lucky she did not injure another girl in the kickline.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There have been girls in the past who have pissed off Kelli and Charlotte aka Jenna and Danielle but they still were on the team. Jenna was willing to keep her spot by telling on Holly and Erica. Danielle was given a second chance in Season 8 after the judges wanted to cut her, but she was not working on getting her weight down and was running around with toxic Chelsea. I think if Kelli and Charlotte did not like her, she would have shown the door. She was brought back to the office the same night Chelsea was brought back in for a second time, but her scene was not shown.

Even Cassie was brought back for her last year after Jay was questioning why she should be brought back because she was not doing her rehab after her knee surgery and was a mean girl causing problems for other girls. She was a risk for the squad, but Kelli and Charlotte wanted her back. They even brought up the fact Cassie replace Lauren because of Lauren's injury because *gasp* Cassie's knee could go out. Her knee could have went out because she was not doing her rehab, not because she was taking one for the team and being a good leader. They were darn lucky she did not injure another girl in the kickline.

I think you answered it yourself. They actually liked Jenna and Danielle. Jenna had a lot of seniority when her issues with Holly came up. She was also a powerhouse, hard to equal. Danielle was a locker room favorite for sure, I think that helped save her bacon. Plus again, they liked her. With Lauren, she'd only been on the squad a year. I don't think she'd endeared herself to them in any way before her comment or she might indeed have kept her place. So she was expendable in the end.

The Cassie Story has been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum so I won't waste too many words on her. Cassie had the ultimate insurance policy, her Mom. She would never have been cut unless she did something like rob a bank because if she had, Judy would have walked. No question in my mind. And losing Judy would have been a huge blow up they wanted to avoid at all costs.

Of course, it's just my opinion on it. I'm not an insider. Just a MTT junkie! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To be honest about it, I think Jenna lucked out because other powerhouses retired at the end of the season before the big drama started in TC, and plus the fact she was willing to tell on others to save her spot on the team. You could tell Judy would have been happy to get rid of her.

Could have Judy left if Cassie was cut at finals? Hmmm... Hard to say, but Cassie did things other girls would have gotten the ole DCC axe for. I wonder how Judy felt about Jay and any other judge who thought she should have been cut for during her rehab since Judy loved to remind girls who made mistakes during the kickline practice about other girls who got injured because of said mistakes. They took a big risk having a girl who had surgery and not during her rehab because what would have happen if Cassie's knee went out during a kickline practice or performance.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To be honest about it, I think Jenna lucked out because other powerhouses retired at the end of the season before the big drama started in TC, and plus the fact she was willing to tell on others to save her spot on the team. You could tell Judy would have been happy to get rid of her.

Could have Judy left if Cassie was cut at finals? Hmmm... Hard to say, but Cassie did things other girls would have gotten the ole DCC axe for. I wonder how Judy felt about Jay and any other judge who thought she should have been cut for during her rehab since Judy loved to remind girls who made mistakes during the kickline practice about other girls who got injured because of said mistakes. They took a big risk having a girl who had surgery and not during her rehab because what would have happen if Cassie's knee went out during a kickline practice or performance.

Your thoughts on Jenna make sense. They had to do some major damage control with Holly and later Erica. Letting go of Jenna might have been too much for them to take on at the time. They needed at least one powerhouse vet to anchor the team amid the drama.

You also ask some very good questions about Judy. Jay's status has always intrigued me. In the early seasons years, have you noticed only his name got mentioned among the judges, ("and our fitness trainer, Jay Johnson")? My husband was like, does he have that in his contract? I've always thought Jay could get away with being more critical than some of the others. Unlike poor Weather Guy who was critical of Victoria and got the major stink eye. I wonder if he'll ever be invited back to judge because of that.

Do we know how many games Cassie actually performed in her last season? I always got the sense that even though she made the squad that year, she had some kind of weird "fill in" status in which she would be called in if absolutely needed (which is what happened after Lauren went down), but could stay out if she so chose. I also found it odd that Judy said on the show, "Cassie had chosen to pull herself out of the game because of her injury." Well, who else really gets to choose to do that? Not many, I'd guess. And if she was really injured, she seemed to make it through just fine.

Edited by ATLGirl
2 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Do we know how many games Cassie actually performed in her last season? I always got the sense that even though she made the squad that year, she had some kind of weird "fill in" status in which she would be called in if absolutely needed (which is what happened after Lauren went down), but could stay out if she so chose. I also found it odd that Judy said on the show, "Cassie had chosen to pull herself out of the game because of her injury." Well, who else really gets to choose to do that? Not many, I'd guess. And if she was really injured, she seemed to make it through just fine.

I think that would depend on the injury/circumstances. Erika was injured her last training camp. How many games would she have actually performed in if she hadn't been cut?  Remember the girl whose eye was swollen (can see her, can't remember her name)? I think she could have chosen to sit out, but it was the first game & she didn't want to. I don't know the circumstances, but Jinelle also filled in a lot last year. At least one or two probably decided they couldn't perform without a doctor's note/whatever. Didn't Lauren skip the kickline the last month or so of games because of an injury? So, while Cassie may have been given leniecy her last year, I don't think it's necessarily true that someone can't say that they can't perform in a particular game and get blasted for it as long as it's reasonable.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They weren't because both got cut.  Lauren at least went onto another team for 3 years.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Your thoughts on Jenna make sense. They had to do some major damage control with Holly and later Erica. Letting go of Jenna might have been too much for them to take on at the time. They needed at least one powerhouse vet to anchor the team amid the drama.

You also ask some very good questions about Judy. Jay's status has always intrigued me. In the early seasons years, have you noticed only his name got mentioned among the judges, ("and our fitness trainer, Jay Johnson")? My husband was like, does he have that in his contract? I've always thought Jay could get away with being more critical than some of the others. Unlike poor Weather Guy who was critical of Victoria and got the major stink eye. I wonder if he'll ever be invited back to judge because of that.

I think the team would have been better off without Jenna in her last year because it seems she was still stirring up trouble aka rookie Alexandria left due in part to the toxic environment caused by Jenna and a few other toxic girls. I think Jenna was willing to tell on others to save her spot.