Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Can someone please remind me of her name? It’s a terrible pic but the best I could get. She didn’t make the team...last year (???), correct?

B377FC71-6F0E-40E1-92E9-D5D4765362F1.jpeg

That’s Taryan that was from Gina’s rookie year so 3 years ago 

• Love 1
On 8/16/2019 at 3:45 PM, Tootie said:

Probably Sydney. 7 yrs

Vonceil Baker, an original Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader in 1972, was a member of the squad for eight seasons. Her sister, Vanessa, was with the DCC for seven seasons.

Sydney then cheered for 7 years. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Vonceil Baker, an original Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader in 1972, was a member of the squad for eight seasons. Her sister, Vanessa, was with the DCC for seven seasons.

The original question was who cheered the longest during the MTT years, which would be Sydney:)

• Love 2
16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does anyone remember Carly Townson? She was Cristi Fisher's BFF who moved from Detroit to Dallas with her to audition for DCC? Both of them got cut so they went to Ice Angels. Now Cristi is in LA and Carly moved back to Michigan and is a Detroit Lions Cheerleader.

1197483934_2019Lions_CarlyTownson(yr1).thumb.jpg.388fc1a2c3e6b7e8ffd01ab7fbdfcab3.jpg

Cristi is one of those who should have made it based on sheer talent...she is an incredible dancer....her kicks rival any of the best kickers on DCC past and present.  She isn't as HD friendly though and I'm sure that's what cost her.  

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Once again... see original question!!!

39 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The original question was who cheered the longest during the MTT years, which would be Sydney:)

THANK YOU!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Once again... see original question!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Oh...sorry...big ooooooooopppppsieeee....I didn't read the entire question ..... MY BAD!!!!!!!

Edited by Kayce
On 8/9/2019 at 4:46 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Her future mother in law was very sick.  And rumor had it, she was dealing with "mean girl" Jenna.  If that is true, she probably just thought screw it, and went home to be with family.  I'm sure as an outsider, no one really had her back

Re: Alexandria

I've never heard Jenna was the cause of her leaving.  I forgot everything bad that happened was, is, and will be due to Jenna.

On a more serious note, maybe they need more "mean girls".  No group in the last several years has looked better than her group from Season 11.  Whatever, she was doing she got great performances out of her dancers, even the weaker ones. 

• Love 9
On 8/17/2019 at 12:17 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

Abby Bertrand.....Rookie in '13 retired in what looks like end of'14 season according to the DCC Wiki

She was Abby Camille, right? Those two or three seasons where they were using full first and middle names still kind of crack me up. It always sounded so awkward and it was a mix of first/last names from girls who had been around for awhile and first/middle names for TCCs and Rookies.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I think so??? 🤔

Yup, that's her. I just Googled and found her Instagram. She's the one who has a special needs daughter, Hattie, who has a chromosomal disorder. And she's expecting another little girl soon.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

She was Abby Camille, right? Those two or three seasons where they were using full first and middle names still kind of crack me up. It always sounded so awkward and it was a mix of first/last names from girls who had been around for awhile and first/middle names for TCCs and Rookies.

I always found it so weird, thinking what happens if you don't have a middle name?

21 hours ago, Kayce said:

Cristi is one of those who should have made it based on sheer talent...she is an incredible dancer....her kicks rival any of the best kickers on DCC past and present.  She isn't as HD friendly though and I'm sure that's what cost her.  

More or as HD friendly as Cristina, Maddie, Amy, pre glammed Rachel A, old red headed Rachel, Ally, Victoria, I could go on but what’s the point. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I always found it so weird, thinking what happens if you don't have a middle name?

Yeah like imagine if Olivia Newton-John had been a DCC. I never thought about ppl not having a middle name until I saw her name. Side note:  What forum section should I put a discussion about which of ONJ's songs would be good for a DCC routine?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Added something.

They should have just always done first names, no last names with an initial if there were multiples. But the show started just before social media really took off, and I don't think TPTB ever anticipated how individually well-known the DCC would become. 

23 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

They should have just always done first names, no last names with an initial if there were multiples. But the show started just before social media really took off, and I don't think TPTB ever anticipated how individually well-known the DCC would become. 

When you have girls like Vivian giving access to her "fans" on FB, or pictures of a Halloween party that are taken from a private account going viral, or Melissa Kellerman trending after getting tackled - who can prepare for that kind of stuff?

I'm new to the board.... Not sure where this question  should be posted, so here goes.....  In Kelli's bio, it states that she is the first cheerleader to be invited back without having to go through the customary audition process.  Does anyone know the story there and if there have been others?  Being the 'first' implies that there are others. 

54 minutes ago, mamalynn4 said:

I'm new to the board.... Not sure where this question  should be posted, so here goes.....  In Kelli's bio, it states that she is the first cheerleader to be invited back without having to go through the customary audition process.  Does anyone know the story there and if there have been others?  Being the 'first' implies that there are others. 

Our friend @ShellyB might be able to help with that (so I tagged her).

So Pluto TV launched a new channel today that just airs old seasons of DCC MTT 24/7 with very minimal commercials. The hubby is out of town for another week so please send help because I know what I’m doing all week!

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

True, but they went to middle names years after every other team had been doing first name only, or first name and last initial. Using middle names was such a bad move from a privacy perspective. It's so easy to find out the girls' last names, and now you've given the middle ones too, so now their full legal names are out there in the public. It was a bad move.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kcrabtree06 said:

So Pluto TV launched a new channel today that just airs old seasons of DCC MTT 24/7 with very minimal commercials. The hubby is out of town for another week so please send help because I know what I’m doing all week!

Thank you for telling us about this!  I hope they show seasons 1 and 2, but we will see.  And they have added other new channels I don't need, but will definitely take a look at;)  Pass the popcorn!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

True, but they went to middle names years after every other team had been doing first name only, or first name and last initial. Using middle names was such a bad move from a privacy perspective. It's so easy to find out the girls' last names, and now you've given the middle ones too, so now their full legal names are out there in the public. It was a bad move.

Agree. I am a fraud analyst IRL and it always weirds me out that middle or surnames were ever freely given out. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Oooh, that's interesting, I didn't know that! I agree, bad move all around.

22 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Our friend @ShellyB might be able to help with that (so I tagged her).

I believe she was going to retire after her 4th season, but Suzanne Mitchell respected her and thought she was an asset to the team and gifted her her 5th season. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I’m watching PlutoTV on my iPad right now and they are showing Season 1. It was very easy to download the app! Been a long time since I saw this.

I just got the channel on our Roku tv today after hearing about it and I'm so excited! Haha haven't seen the earlier seasons in a million years. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I’m watching PlutoTV on my iPad right now and they are showing Season 1. It was very easy to download the app! Been a long time since I saw this.

I know!  This is great.  I don't know how they were able to tell who was who, when they were all wearing different color practice outfits.  Or it's me so used to pink and blue.  Melissa R is just a baby.  Kelli looks great - she used to wear some cute clothes and jewelry.  Charlotte would have been 39-40 years old, but looks older.  Some things haven't changed - Kelli's faves are the obvious cuts.  We do get to hear the original music though.

And it was "if someone offers you a tuna sandwich with anchovies...…" - that totally makes a difference:)

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

I believe she was going to retire after her 4th season, but Suzanne Mitchell respected her and thought she was an asset to the team and gifted her her 5th season. 

Awesome.  Thanks for the info!  YOU are FABULOUS!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I know!  This is great.  I don't know how they were able to tell who was who, when they were all wearing different color practice outfits.  Or it's me so used to pink and blue.  Melissa R is just a baby.  Kelli looks great - she used to wear some cute clothes and jewelry.  Charlotte would have been 39-40 years old, but looks older.  Some things haven't changed - Kelli's faves are the obvious cuts.  We do get to hear the original music though.

And it was "if someone offers you a tuna sandwich with anchovies...…" - that totally makes a difference:)

I had forgotten how awesome Deryn Derigny (sp?) was, she really rocked it. Tobie Percival with dark hair. 😱 Kelli not wearing jewel toned tube dresses. Kandi would not have made the team now at her weight but I ❤️ her. Kalli F 1.0 and the fab honesty of Natalie Woods. Candice Cook before she dyed her hair black in Season 2! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ATLGirl said:

Kelli not wearing jewel toned tube dresses. Kandi would not have made the team now at her weight but I ❤️ her. 

Did Kelli and Judy own velour track suits in every color?  And Kandi was just amazing - good performer, so sweet, and won the athletic events.  I agree that she probably wouldn't have made the team now.  I like how in current seasons, someone will dance a certain way, and K&J will say they are dancing like Kandi:)

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Did Kelli and Judy own velour track suits in every color?  And Kandi was just amazing - good performer, so sweet, and won the athletic events.  I agree that she probably wouldn't have made the team now.  I like how in current seasons, someone will dance a certain way, and K&J will say they are dancing like Kandi:)

I did notice the track suits! Just nice to see them more casual and not dolled up all the time. Had forgotten the “butt artist” at South Fork!🤪

4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I did notice the track suits! Just nice to see them more casual and not dolled up all the time. Had forgotten the “butt artist” at South Fork!🤪

Yes - I always loved Kandi's comment about "never had my butt drawn before, probably had it checked out a time or two:)"

Final team announced July 25, and that was after 3 months, so big change on audition dates.  First game was on August 12, so over two weeks to get ready.  How did they ever get ready in that teeny tiny locker room?  Or not set it on fire with their hair appliances?  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes - I always loved Kandi's comment about "never had my butt drawn before, probably had it checked out a time or two:)"

Final team announced July 25, and that was after 3 months, so big change on audition dates.  First game was on August 12, so over two weeks to get ready.  How did they ever get ready in that teeny tiny locker room?  Or not set it on fire with their hair appliances?  

I noticed the blouse shoulders were puffier for some reason. Looked odd that way. 

Yeah, that locker room is a far cry from what they have now! Wonder if they blew a fuse or two. 

Caught glimpses of Whitney Ott, who left after Season One then reauditioned in Season 3. They said her body looked so much better in Season 3 but I didn’t see a big difference myself. 

Season 2 is starting!

3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Season 2 is starting!

Yes!!  It's so nice to see that group of rookies!!

Nina Moch - not looking forward to that

Kelli says 600 are auditioning - maybe????? 

1 minute ago, MelissaMinion said:

I just found the Pluto TV channel! Looks like I won’t be getting to bed on time tonight!

Does anyone know - is it just running seasons 1 thru 12 constantly?  Have they shown the two hour special?

Watching season 2, episode 1 now. Candice Cook from KCK still gives me the wiggins, and I started to cry when Megan Flaherty popped up. PMS isn’t helping, but it’s just so damn sad that she passed away. So freaking young!

• Love 3

It’s so freaky to see the seasoned vets in their audition phase like Ally Traylor, Toa Williams, Megan Sharp, Meredith Oden, etc. 

Love Christina Murphy! I did not realize she was a Kilgore Rangerette. 

Loni “kicks so bad did she run off the field?” Lindsay, who later was an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Love Christina Murphy! 

I missed the part with Kitty - did she say "and you've had no professional training?"  Cause her lyrical made Kitty cry.

Have we ever seen Brenda get so excited over someone trying out like she did over Nina? 

Oh, and Kelli just said 1000 applicants when she said 600 in the first ep:/

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I missed the part with Kitty - did she say "and you've had no professional training?"  Cause her lyrical made Kitty cry.

Have we ever seen Brenda get so excited over someone trying out like she did over Nina? 

Oh, and Kelli just said 1000 applicants when she said 600 in the first ep:/

YES! I forgot she had no training, too but I remember Kitty cried. Rare indeed.

Brenda was excited about Nina, yep, but didn’t know what was lurking. 

Did you see Neil McCoy? He was judging that far back yet Kelli calls him “new” a few years back. 

Forgot Melissa R blanked on her solo a la Kat this year. 😱

So they had 22 vets return in Season 2! That means 13 retired. Wow. 

• Love 2

I didn't realize that Neal McCoy was a judge way back then. 

Someone mentioned this year that they didn't think anyone ever wore pant suits to the panel interviews, and I said they did in the past. You just watch the early seasons and many girls did, as opposed to most of them wearing little dresses nowadays. 

And I can still vividly remember watching season 2 and CMT constantly showing the clip with Kelli saying Alex Benvenuto had male appeal. Lol like guys keep watching to see that. Lol

5 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I didn't realize that Neal McCoy was a judge way back then. 

Someone mentioned this year that they didn't think anyone ever wore pant suits to the panel interviews, and I said they did in the past. You just watch the early seasons and many girls did, as opposed to most of them wearing little dresses nowadays. 

And I can still vividly remember watching season 2 and CMT constantly showing the clip with Kelli saying Alex Benvenuto had male appeal. Lol like guys keep watching to see that. Lol

YES! Neal was with them way earlier than implied on the show.

The girls did dress more professionally, I think, in those early seasons and I actually liked that because it was supposed to be like an job interview. Not the plunging necklines and shorter hemlines we see now.

Doesn’t it make you wonder why they did no backround check on Alex B. and found all her traffic violations that year? I guess maybe they wait longer to go that deep, maybe? 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

So they had 22 vets return in Season 2! That means 13 retired. Wow.

Only 18 vets returned for season 6, but look at all the rock star rookies they got that year.

I am waiting for the etiquette luncheon.  Miss Colleen and her whistle "ABIGAIL!!!"  And Natalie, "there's a lot going on in French onion soup." 

• LOL 4