Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Press Waffle Co., SilkRoll, Pick-Up Pools, Dare-U-Go

• Start Topic

On 3/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Lori could have sold millions of the pools on QVC. 

Definitely, but that was a WalMart product if I ever saw one. 

Another great thing is that it's also a blank canvas. For example, get a deal done with the NCAA and start churning out the Crimson Tide and Florid State versions. 

• Love 6

It amazes me that professional investors like the Sharks don't come up with ideas as creative as the people on here.     The branding of the Pick Up pools is genius.    Send the creator that idea, and I bet he'll make a fortune.    People could use that pool when they go camping (a way to cool off, but not have to worry about currents, or snakes from taking a dip in the river).   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It amazes me that professional investors like the Sharks don't come up with ideas as creative as the people on here. 

I don't know about everybody else, but I'm very aware that I'm a pretty solid brain-stormer and a pretty pathetic follow through-er. No money was ever made by somebody who just throws out ideas and then goes back to talking about TV on the internet during his lunch hour.  Heh.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It amazes me that professional investors like the Sharks don't come up with ideas as creative as the people on here.     The branding of the Pick Up pools is genius.    Send the creator that idea, and I bet he'll make a fortune.    People could use that pool when they go camping (a way to cool off, but not have to worry about currents, or snakes from taking a dip in the river).   

But you know, "What's stopping anyone else from coming up with this same product? It's not proprietary!" -Kevin O'Leary, who is not "self-made" nor inventive

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 8:13 PM, BusyOctober said:

And where did she get her research re. Millennials on average only wear things 3 (??) times?  

Thank you! That was an amazing "statistic." It can't possibly be true. Any millennials what to weigh in here and tell us WTF is going on with y'all buying clothes and then throwing them away? Ridiculous. Those two idiots made me hate the go-go Silicon Valley, contagious bullshit, make-a-million-on-a-dumb-idea-and-get-out culture ever more.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silly Angel said:

Thank you! That was an amazing "statistic." It can't possibly be true. Any millennials what to weigh in here and tell us WTF is going on with y'all buying clothes and then throwing them away? Ridiculous. Those two idiots made me hate the go-go Silicon Valley, contagious bullshit, make-a-million-on-a-dumb-idea-and-get-out culture ever more.

Yea... I don't get that and I am a millenial. I rarely buy clothes for myself as it is (I have 3 kids- that's where my wardrobe money goes) and you best believe If I buy myself something I wear it out! The jeans I'm wearing today I've had for 10 years! I also keep all my clothes because I tend to fluctuate in weight so I've got my "skinny girl" jeans and my "big girl" jeans ready to go depending on my size at that particular moment. 

I did hear of one online clothing swap type site that was intriguing. I think it's called Rent the Runway, for those times you might need a fancy outfit you only intend to wear once and then you return it. I thought that was a good idea. 

Edited by Mountainair
  • Love 3
On 3/30/2019 at 5:52 PM, Mountainair said:

I did hear of one online clothing swap type site that was intriguing. I think it's called Rent the Runway, for those times you might need a fancy outfit you only intend to wear once and then you return it. I thought that was a good idea. 

I have a bunch of friends who do rent the runway. You can now also rent clothes to wear do every day, not just for special occasions. And they have real designers. I looked at that site the girls in shark tank were promoting, and it was a lot of mid level designers, like Ann Taylor and White House black market. Nice clothing, but nothing super fancy. Rent the runway has amazing brands and amazing styles. If I didn’t have such a large chest, I would do it too, but when I looked, a lot of the styles just wouldn’t fit me. 

I buy really expensive clothes for cheap at nice thrift stores, and let me tell you, I wear them forever! I have actually found things that were made in America. People do not throw their clothes out, that was a silly statement.  Of course if you buy your stuff at H&M they will fall apart after three wearings. 

• Love 2

On 3/30/2019 at 2:52 PM, Mountainair said:

The jeans I'm wearing today I've had for 10 years!

My oldest child is 28 and I still wear jeans I've had since before they were born.