Type keyword(s) to search

Workin Moms - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watched the Val proposal episode and the show does seem to be getting dumber and less funny all the time. Although Alice being able to instantly switch between being a  bitch to her mom and completely pleasant to the university lady was really funny. Even still my comment from a previous season about how this show went from a really funny comedy to an average drama still holds.

Also it only took me about 30 seconds to look it up but I don't think there is any way that Alice could apply to a psychiatry program at school even if she did graduate early. Because a psychiatrist is a medical doctor, so to become one she would have to do an undergrad degree, then medical school then a 5 year residency.

• Like 2

If anyone cares, the series final is next week.

Looks like they are going to try and wrap up some stories.

I think Kate should sell the business and become the inhouse PR firm to the big pharma company.

I think they soften up Sloane alot since she first appeared on the screen. They made Val more crazy.  Too much for my taste.

Alice has come a long way from bitch spoiled child.  Now she just makes bad decisions. 

There wasn't enough Lionel or Nathan this season IMHO.  Too much Jenny and it looks like as bad as she is, she's bringing up her daughter to be worse.

Anne has not had much character growth. Too bad. I really liked the episode where it showed her backstory.

• Like 1

I can't see Kate being happy in a corporate environment for long. I think one of her joys was variety and being stuck just marketing drugs will be constraining for her. But that might take a few years, so we may not see it.

Alice has always been unpleasant, and will likely continue to be, but I do wonder how much that is due to having Anne as a mom. She's been a mess of anger all along.

Lionel is such a sweetie, he deserves better than this, but he does love Anne a lot. For some reason.

Jenny is awful.

• Like 1

Just caught the final, it's on CBC Gem early.

It was bittersweet. Stories were wrapped up. Best episode this season.

Goodbye Workin Mom's.  Hope Catherine thinks of something else for Canadian tv.

• Like 2

It was a decent series finale. That stuff at the end got me choked up, I was certain she was thinking of her own dad doing those scenes, especially with Aykroyd right in front of her.

And the dedication clinched that, of course.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Watched the finale to tonight. It wasn't perfect but it was pretty good. Kate was dumb for thinking that taking a job at a huge pharma company would allow her to have any kind of creative freedom or take any risks. The only worse places to have that kind of job would be a big bank or a major political party. And then quitting after one assignment was stupider. And it is still not clear to me if the other company's migraine pill is legitimate or if they are a crooked company that made a future date rape drug.

I did like Ann's ending though. Alice being in Australia will be a good break for both of them. It will stop Ann from stressing over the little things, and it will hopefully show Alice that when you are on your own on another continent you have to have your shit together. I also liked the ending montage with all the characters that was really well done.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:54 PM, Starchild said:

That stuff at the end got me choked up, I was certain she was thinking of her own dad doing those scenes, especially with Aykroyd right in front of her.

And the dedication clinched that, of course.

Kate sleeping in a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man shirt was probably one of the best shout outs like that I have seen on tv in a long time.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:32 PM, greekmom said:

Hope Catherine thinks of something else for Canadian tv.

I hope so too. Even if there were some issues with the last few seasons she is very funny and talented. I think the last time there was a Canadian comedy series I actually looked forward to watch it was probably the early seasons of Trailer Park Boys.

• Like 2
On 4/1/2023 at 8:57 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

Kate was dumb for thinking that taking a job at a huge pharma company would allow her to have any kind of creative freedom or take any risks. The only worse places to have that kind of job would be a big bank or a major political party. And then quitting after one assignment was stupider.

I kind of rolled my eyes at Kate.  She was there a day and quit after one idea was rejected.  At least give it a chance before quitting.   

On 4/1/2023 at 8:57 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I did like Ann's ending though. Alice being in Australia will be a good break for both of them. It will stop Ann from stressing over the little things, and it will hopefully show Alice that when you are on your own on another continent you have to have your shit together.

I liked this ending a lot.  It felt like real growth for both characters that was earned. Alice gets to grow up and Ann learns to let her daughter go.

On the other hand, not sure why it suddenly clicked for Jenny that she was awful and needed to change after never getting the message despite multiple people telling her.  Though glad to see her ending the show on a healthier path. 

• Like 2

I’m trying to finish, but y’all who saw this season earlier on CTV are dead on - it’s a mess. In general, as the seasons progressed, I started getting tonal whiplash and didn’t know how I was meant to react to any of the storylines.  A universe in which both Anne and Val exist and are friends just doesn’t make sense. 

• Like 2

Season 7, Ep. 5 - Kate refers to her vulva.  Kudos to this show (which I've been hate watching almost from the beginning) for using the correct term.  Anywhere else and it would have been vagina.  Must be a Canadian thing.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2023 at 9:54 PM, Starchild said:

I was certain she was thinking of her own dad doing those scenes, especially with Aykroyd right in front of her.

And her (Dan Aykroyd) father came to advise her as a ghost…

• Like 2