Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/25/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I missed the show.  Questions:  Did Elisabeth mention she has Celiac disease?  Does she still have a line of gluten-free products that she tried to shill?  Did they show any pics of the kids?  If so, did poor Timberley (Grace) still have a giant hair bow stuck to the side of her head?  Did she at any point cry out "but what about the children!?"  And lastly, is she still shrill enough to scare the family pets, including the deaf shitzu?

no, not sure, yes, no, no, kind of (depends on who is doing the hearing) 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Guys, help. I don't hate this Bitsy interview. I've been THAT worn down by MeAgain McCain that she doesn't seem all that bad, and I made fun of her all throughout high school and college a decade or so ago!

I need to lie down... -_- 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
(edited)

Maybe Bitsy is angling for a job with Trinity Broadcasting Network which has studios in Hendersonville, Tennessee or The 700 Club (that show films in Virginia Beach though). Tim seems to be a football analyst on different shows but doesn't have a show of his own.

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

NutMeg, I absolutely love that.  I swear she has multiple personalities.  Hell, I come from a military family, all the way back to my great-great grandfather who was a Hungarian Freedom Fighter.  I would bet most families have had family members who served in the military, so she ain’t nothing special.

Elisabeth is on in part, I’m guessing, to respond to allegations in a book written about the View that said Rosie O’Donnell had lesbian feelings for her.  Rosie was quoted as saying that she loved EH and was trying to coach her on being a good panelist, and had “feelings” for her.

My father, three uncles, and four cousins have served, or are currently serving, in the military.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time I'm talking about it.  It's really not a big deal.  Most families have military members.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

My father, three uncles, and four cousins have served, or are currently serving, in the military.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time I'm talking about it.  It's really not a big deal.  Most families have military members.

My husband before I met  him served in the Navy. I have never once mentioned it to anyone unless it was relevant to the conversation.  He never mentioned it unless it was relevant to the conversation.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Whenever Elisabeth talks about the Rosie O fight, I just roll my eyes. She acts like she didn't deliberately go after Rosie O'Donnell in an obscene and unprofessional way to forge a name for herself. You were never an innocent. As for Rosie's recent comments, I was happy Sunny made sure to include the fact Rosie said her feelings were not "sexual" before letting Elisabeth go on her spiel. The softball part was dumb, but I almost wonder if that was just a bad joke that lost context on the page. I wouldn't know since I don't plan to buy The View book and definitely not Elisabeth's book.

I like how Joy said, "What about Abby?" when McCain tried to make the Hasselbeck interview all about her being an "outnumbered" conservative victim. Please. Abby said she isn't a hardcore conservative like McCain.... Well! I would never have known considering Abby and McCain say the exact same things everyday. The only difference is McCain does it with eyerolls, huffs, and screaming.

Meghan has said before that she was the sole conservative at the table.  Does Abby not understand?  Abby certainly doesn't speak up in these moments.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

Was she planning on reading excerpts, I wonder? And is this part of a new persona, to carry her Bible wherever she goes?  Saints preserve us from these hypocrites who wave this Bibles at everyone. 

Remember when Paris Hilton carried a bible as she was released from jail?  When she couldn't tell Larry King a favorite bible quote, when your average atheist can name several?

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

What in the bluedilly blow up doll?!  Dang, she's got some tig ol' bitties.

Sometimes big swollen tits are an early sign of pregnancy.

Meghan has said in the past that she wasn't sure she wanted kids. Shes at the age where she can't really delay that decision too much longer. Maybe she decided in favor?

Just saying. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Meghan has said before that she was the sole conservative at the table.  Does Abby not understand?  Abby certainly doesn't speak up in these moments.

Does Abby not understand?  That is for sure a possibility with this one.  Because, well, we've determined that Miss Shiny Hair isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.  But I'm thinking it's more likely because she is scared shitless of Meghan so she probably chooses to sit there and look like an idiot by not speaking up for herself then to suffer the wrath of the Bad Ass Ice Queen. 

• Love 19

Holier than thou Elizabeth hasn't changed. The only redeeming quality I saw today is when Joy said that they didn't fight off camera. I hate that Meghan disrespects Joy behind the scenes and Joy's "friend" Whoopi babies Meghan.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

Okay, Viewers, if you HAD to choose, which would you prefer? Three Bitsys or one Meghan McCain? 

I will say, three Bitsys weigh the same as one Meghan!

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, falltime said:

John McCain's daughter called her OG during the show. I rolled my eyes so hard. Though I think I heard Elisabeth say Joy was the OG as they went to commercials, if she did 👏👏👏

I think that Elisabeth asked "What is OG?" when they went to commericial - it looked like Sunny explained it to her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, rcc said:

Holier than thou Elizabeth hasn't changed. The only redeeming quality I saw today is when Joy said that they didn't fight off camera. I hate that Meghan disrespects Joy behind the scenes and Joy's "friend" Whoopi babies Meghan.

But did you see when Joy said that, Bitsy gave a “yeah, I don’t know about that,” which indicates to me that she did carry it over beyond the stage, probably behind Joy’s back. I’m sure she was in talks with the producers to keep the animosity ramped up for fireworks to pull in viewers. 

Edited by DietCokeJunkie
Rewatched to get what Bitsy actually said.
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think that Elisabeth asked "What is OG?" when they went to commericial - it looked like Sunny explained it to her.

That? Was actually adorable. 

See? I did it again. The woman I used to refer to as Elisabitch is now giving me a raging case of nostalgia. I'm going to barf. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

But did you see when Joy said that, Bitsy gave an “erm,” which indicates to me that she did carry it over beyond the stage, probably behind Joy’s back. I’m sure she was in talks with the producers to keep the animosity ramped up for fireworks to pull in viewers. 

No I was watching Meghan when Joy said that.

• Love 2

Despite what Joy said today, there were rumors of off camera skirmishes between Joy & Bitsy. Bitsy was relentless in her criticisms of Obama and once accused Joy of drinking the Obama Kool Aid and Joy didn't let that go so easily - understandably. And another time Joy took offense when Bitsy criticized her for promoting an appearance and Joy supposedly confronted Bitsy after the show - "I'll burn you."  Even so, seems like Joy tolerated Bitsy much better than she does Meghan.

• Love 10

Elisabeth isn't OG. She isn't even second. She's third after Debbie and Lisa. That's the seat she was hired to fill. The young 20 something. Not the right leaning political position. She was just so obnoxious about her opinions (and made "sparks") that it became "We need an obnoxious conservative on that end of the table! Elisabeth is leaving?? What's the Playboy Bunny from Singled Out doing these days? Clearly she can play a conservative!"

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
I had more thoughts
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Elisabeth isn't OG. She isn't even second. She's third after Debbie and Lisa. 

I guess in terms of being a "conservative" panelist, she is, whereas Debbie and Lisa were more just the "younger" panelists when they were there. Elisabeth, for better or worse, created the idea of a "conservative" seat on the show. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

What was Bitsy carrying when she came out? It looked like a purse and a Bible. 

Only person on TV who's allowed to carry both a purse and a Bible:

giphy.gif

@2:40 fight at the table not backstage convo. Loved Joy saying "it's a little different *shifty eyes*"

Edit: they kept the unimpressed audience reactions to when she is walking out in the clip. the view doesn't really do that, the clips usually start when the guest is already seated.

Edited by falltime
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

"We need an obnoxious conservative on that end of the table! Elisabeth is leaving?? What's the Playboy Bunny from Singled Out doing these days? Clearly she can play a conservative!"

Well Jenny was blond.  

But that tells you what Barbara and the suits thought.  That anyone could fill that role.  Didn't matter if the person was really a conservative or not.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Despite what Joy said today, there were rumors of off camera skirmishes between Joy & Bitsy. Bitsy was relentless in her criticisms of Obama and once accused Joy of drinking the Obama Kool Aid and Joy didn't let that go so easily - understandably. And another time Joy took offense when Bitsy criticized her for promoting an appearance and Joy supposedly confronted Bitsy after the show - "I'll burn you."  Even so, seems like Joy tolerated Bitsy much better than she does Meghan.

I remember that incident backstage. Joy left Bitsy in tears and nobody comforted her backstage and their relationship was never the same after that. However, Elizabeth was never disrespectful to Joy like Megan.  Elizabeth was ruder to Barbara Walters than Joy..

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, falltime said:

@2:40 fight at the table not backstage convo. Loved Joy saying "it's a little different *shifty eyes*"

I just watched this clip and noticed Elizabeth say about fighting backstage "I don't know about that." Hmmm ...

• Love 4

Re Bitsy response to Rosie, it appeared that Whoopi and Bits had perhaps talked about it backstage the way Whoopi was nudging her along.  It felt like Whoopi was using Bitsy to get back at Rosie.  Whereas Joy clarified that it was not a sexual thing.  I guess Bitsy never heard of having a girl crush.  But Bitsy tried to make this into some kind of #metoo episode, and implied that it freaked her out, and she focussed on the grooming thing.  I think Bitsy is milking the situation, but Rosie created her own problem by saying these things, especially about Bitsy playing baseball.  I remember when Rosie said (maybe on the View) that Gayle and Oprah must have a thing of some sort because everyone is a little bit gay.  I just don't know how Rosie can say that for the entire human race, when she only has her own experience.

But it irked me that Whoopi was once again coddling Bitsy.  Hey, maybe Whoopi has a girl crush on Bitsy and NutMeg?😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

Gotta keep the girl crush thing going because it will sell a lot of books.  There will even be a few idiots who will end up buying Elisabeth's book by mistake because of all of these salacious stories coming out from the other book.  And Rosie just sold a couple more of Elisabeth's doorstops by chiming in on twitter. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What the hell is Elizabeth talking about? Her voice is still annoying, nothing she said made any sense.  Just empty platitudes and Christian talk.. Sunny's disinterest in her is very interesting.

Elizabeth has never disrespected Joy on the air like Megan has done.  That was the difference and I love the fact that Joy pointed that out and Megan had nothing to say.  Megan as usual made Elizabeth's return all about her.. 

I haven't watch today because of Elizabeth but if Sunny was obviously uninterested lol, I might watch it later. 

Never mind,  Grooming?really Elizabeth?

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, bannana said:

Re Bitsy response to Rosie, it appeared that Whoopi and Bits had perhaps talked about it backstage the way Whoopi was nudging her along.  It felt like Whoopi was using Bitsy to get back at Rosie.  Whereas Joy clarified that it was not a sexual thing.  I guess Bitsy never heard of having a girl crush.  But Bitsy tried to make this into some kind of #metoo episode, and implied that it freaked her out, and she focussed on the grooming thing.  I think Bitsy is milking the situation, but Rosie created her own problem by saying these things, especially about Bitsy playing baseball.  I remember when Rosie said (maybe on the View) that Gayle and Oprah must have a thing of some sort because everyone is a little bit gay.  I just don't know how Rosie can say that for the entire human race, when she only has her own experience.

But it irked me that Whoopi was once again coddling Bitsy.  Hey, maybe Whoopi has a girl crush on Bitsy and NutMeg?😁

Rosie is her own worst enemy because it feeds into that narrative that Gay people are trying to recruit people or seduce people into being Gay.  Rosie should know that people will twist what she says because so many people hate her on Bitsy's team. Furthermore, Rosie should speak about her experiences as a Gay woman and not speak for all lesbians.  I love Rosie, but she makes things so much harder than they should be.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

2 hours ago, UYI said:

See? I did it again. The woman I used to refer to as Elisabitch is now giving me a raging case of nostalgia. I'm going to barf. 

Careful, UYI, or Bitsy will tell people you have a crush on her and accuse you of grooming. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

The prop Bible + "grooming" talk tells me everything I need to know about Hasselbeck.  She hasn't changed her agenda one bit. 

Edited by Cementhead
Deleted some further thoughts so that I don't get in trouble. Will just bite my tongue and leave it at that.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

So, repeating stale, fake stories from 2005.  How riveting her book must be.

(About the black doll)...to be fair, Whoopi brought it up because, you see, back in the day when Elisabeth and Whoopi discussed that doll and people's reaction to it, it made Elisabeth realize that Whoopi was right about.........i don't know what , but Whoopi was right. That I do know cuz she told me so.

6 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Ugh. Hasselbeast was so fake. I cannot believe they gave her 3 segments to spout her religious bullshit AND throw Rosie under the bus. Again. I think she lied about Rosie. What a waste of time. Have the babies already, Abbeh! And, Meghan, STFU, you ignorant c***.

Elisabeth didn't make the claim about the crush. Rosie said it to the writer of The View book coming out next month. 

53 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

Nice to see Elisabeth Hasselbeck still has that stick up her ass. How many times did she use the word "grace"? Shut up already.

And "joy."

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

The Rosie/Elizabeth thing was so confusing. Especially with Whoopi chiming in. From Sunny's question I thought it was just an innocent crush Rosie never shared with Elizabeth and I was expecting a lighthearted answer then she started all the deep breathing and calling for the Holy Spirit and bringing in #metoo and grooming.

Rosie’s comments that sporty girls are all a bit gay was I guess an attempt at a joke? Sort of reminded me of a line you’d hear on Will & Grace. Out of context it sounds like an irresponsible thing to say. 

Joy was on fire today. I’m not a fan of Elizabeth. I think she needs to go travel and see the world to get some perspective. I find people who use “patriot” and “Grace” and “god” liberally in everyday speech to be very sheltered and frightened of the world outside the US. It’s really not that amazing and worthy of blind patriotism that she can share her opinion on a TV show. She could do that in dozens of other countries. However, I give her props for keeping her sense of humor with Joy and referencing Joy’s big boo-boo by asking her if she was hearing God now. Lol.  

• Love 24
3 hours ago, UYI said:

Careful @UYI . Read at your own risk...

What i found high on the adorableness meter was the clip they showed in which Elisabeth stood up clapping to welcome the guest onto the stage and Sherri had to yank her down because the guest was already sitting on the couch. 🤣🤣

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5

Rosie seemed really hurt by EH's remarks today.  Rosie follows me on Twitter for some reason and liked two of my tweets about EH's homophobia. (I saw it as homophobia with the grooming comments).

• Useful 2
  • Love 11