Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/25/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

NutMeg, I absolutely love that.  I swear she has multiple personalities.  Hell, I come from a military family, all the way back to my great-great grandfather who was a Hungarian Freedom Fighter.  I would bet most families have had family members who served in the military, so she ain’t nothing special.

But Meghan thinks it makes her special.  She wants to bask in the glory without having to do anything herself.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Has ABC's Jonathan Karl been on recently (last six months)? If so, in what capacity?

He was on early in 2019 and irked many of us by saying that the Mueller report would end up being a nothingburger.

When I looked him up, it turns out that he is ABC's chief White House correspondent and very much respected.

In fact, he was the target of Trump's craziness when he asked Trump about whether or not he would sign something ending the government shutdown and Trump repeatedly asked him what his opinion was, what Karl would do in his place. It was ugly, and at the time made a lot of people in Washington say how fair Karl was, and how he didn't deserve that kind of bullying behavior. Of course, the RWNJ press excoriated him for having the nerve to ask the question.

‘Do you think I should do that?’ Trump taunts ABC News correspondent

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So did they bring Mr. Kahn on just so he could worship at the shrine of Meghan McCain?

yes, apparently it is now a weekly segment.

They needed more than just guests telling Meghan how great her father was, which had to be done on the air. It could not be done back stage.

• Love 18
Just now, ChicagoCita said:

When I looked him up, it turns out that he is ABC's chief White House correspondent and very much respected.

Thank you for including this.  Now I know why he looks so familiar to me, a person who never watches ABC News.  It's because I often see him sitting beside Jim Acosta when the White House holds their (very, very, very rare) press conferences. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So did they bring Mr. Kahn on just so he could worship at the shrine of Meghan McCain?

Maybe Meghan has renegotiated her contract to include weekly (if not daily) worship from guests.

• LOL 13
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Meghan so wants to quit the show. And she should. She'll use the excuse that she thinks they need a Trumper and she's a "conservative".

So was Meghan telling us ABC wants her to defend Trump more?  We know when Jenny McCarthy was there she was expected to play the role of the blond conservative.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
Just now, ChicagoCita said:

s.

She doesn't even seem to realize that she's a wholly independent being, who can admire someone or something without taking on their identity.

But for Meghan there is nothing to admire about her personally so she uses her family's service to get accolades.  Take away what her family has accomplished and Meghan's got nothing.

• Love 23
18 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

if you showed me this photo, out of context, not mentioning The VIew, I never would have guessed this air-brushed blonde was Hasselbeck.

It looks like if you put Kylie Minogue;s picture through about 10 different Instagram filters, then drunkenly cut and pasted the results onto a white background layer, drank some more, and then tried to blur everything at once. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

I officially can’t stand Abby almost as much as  as I can not stand Megan. When Whoopi asked again  about the meeting with Russians regarding adoption Abby said reluctantly I still have some questions about that meeting.  Really you  do?  The bottom line is you don't care that it is a big fat lie.  Not one bit. Only negative comment to sum up was Trump should  have handled it with a little more class. When has he handled anything with class?  Thanked Muller? Yeah sure. I think it’s materniy leave time. I hope Ana is available full time.  

Megan does nothing but defend Trump but ending the her statements with they really should have a Trumper sitting in the chair because she doesn’t like him. Adam Schiff shouldn’t be on tv with what we know now. What do we know now? Mr. Schiff prosecuted three times ( until he got a guilty verdict) an FBI agent for giving documents to Russia for pay  

What the what with Joy’s explaintion of obvious visual signs when the male gender is sexually attracted to another man. Very odd. Made no sense. She  doesn’t mind it regarding calling Maya by her first name but doesn’t want someone saying Joy your case of wine is on the way.  She might need that second cup of coffee. 

I watched the moving segment with Khizr  Khan twice despite the sniffing and watering eyes from allergies. Was it mentioned he was on because of Megan because I missed it. 

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Megan does nothing but defend Trump but ending the her statements with they really should have a Trumper sitting in the chair because she doesn’t like him. Adam Schiff shouldn’t be on tv with what we know now. What do we know now? Mr. Schiff prosecuted three times ( until he got a guilty verdict) an FBI agent for giving documents to Russia for pay  

I think Nutmeg's conflict is exacerbated by Trump's recent attacks on her father.  How can she now defend Trump?  So her new tactic is to blame the media and Adam Schiff.  I thought this was pretty out there, and to me as viewer, didn't make any sense.  But the two links below show where she likely got her talking points.  The problem is she didn't even bother to explain them so she truly sounded like an idiot.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/25/kellyanne-conway-adam-schiff-resign-1234370

http://thefederalist.com/2019/03/25/media-irreparable-damage-to-the-country/#.XJkxj55VqJQ.twitter

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Elisabeth is on in part, I’m guessing, to respond to allegations in a book written about the View that said Rosie O’Donnell had lesbian feelings for her.  Rosie was quoted as saying that she loved EH and was trying to coach her on being a good panelist, and had “feelings” for her.

Elizabeth is only making an appearance because *her* latest book is for sale.
In other View news- Candace Cameron Bure wrote the book's Forward 

Edited by springtime
Candace's contribution
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, springtime said:

I'm pretty sure they will not mention the upcoming book Ladies Who Punch  at all, much less Rosie's claim of having a crush on Elisabeth.

If they do, I will be 🤤.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Hey a thousand clowns: (still a great movie and play by the way) We are on the same page...I haven't been able to even watch it today because I can't find one of my fabulous xanax boo boo pills in my cosmetic bag. 

notify me of replys...forgot to click...thanks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I think Nutmeg's conflict is exacerbated by Trump's recent attacks on her father.  How can she now defend Trump?  So her new tactic is to blame the media and Adam Schiff.  I thought this was pretty out there, and to me as viewer, didn't make any sense.  But the two links below show where she likely got her talking points.  The problem is she didn't even bother to explain them so she truly sounded like an idiot.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/25/kellyanne-conway-adam-schiff-resign-1234370

http://thefederalist.com/2019/03/25/media-irreparable-damage-to-the-country/#.XJkxj55VqJQ.twitter

Also, when Megan was doing her word salad about her confusion concerning her role on the show, she said exacerbated instead of exasperated. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, bannana said:

THAT HORRID MUSTARD COLOURED BLOUSE SHE WAS STUFFED INTO!

• colour was all wrong for her
  • fabric was all wrong as it showed not only her back fat but also the bump where her mike pack is
  • unaboob...always a bad idea
  • peekaboo neckline that did not flatter and showed her bra; with the tightly tied bow evoking just how tightly wound she is

Ha-Ha.

She was also stuffed into that plaid (was it plaid?) skirt.

Gosh, her chest is giant! And I swear she loves dressing the way she does!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I admire him very much, but that whole segment was very uncomfortable.   It was awkward and weird, not at all what I would have expected (or wanted) from his appearance on this show.

6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

But Meghan thinks it makes her special.  She wants to bask in the glory without having to do anything herself.

Exactly.  Because it's all she's got.  She could have accomplished something meaningful herself, but she's chosen to rest on her family's laurels instead.  

30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, when Megan was doing her word salad about her confusion concerning her role on the show, she said exacerbated instead of exasperated. 

I heard that and thought it was hilarious.   She is just so clueless, and for me there's almost nothing funnier than someone who throws around "big words" and uses them incorrectly all while acting pompous and superior.  It might have been my best laugh of the day.

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, springtime said:

The forward of Bitsy's book? or The View book?

And the lucky audience members will all get a copy of Bitsy's book!!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I heard that and thought it was hilarious.   She is just so clueless, and for me there's almost nothing funnier than someone who throws around "big words" and uses them incorrectly all while acting pompous and superior.  It might have been my best laugh of the day.

For me it was when Kahn told what an honor it was to be sitting "under her grace." Not even SHE believed that one!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

NutMeg, I absolutely love that.  I swear she has multiple personalities.  Hell, I come from a military family, all the way back to my great-great grandfather who was a Hungarian Freedom Fighter.  I would bet most families have had family members who served in the military, so she ain’t nothing special.

Do you walk around all day telling people that?  Do you mention it at least once a day to some rando?  I am guessing no.  Unlike NutMeg

My father was in the Coast Guard in WWII.   My mother, sister, and I lived in Naval housing...then my youngest sister was born in the Naval hospital in Long Beach.  I had no idea we were a military family.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Abby to Jonathan Karl:

"Jon, why do you think Mueller punted the obstruction of justice part of this .... He punted it to the Attorney General Barr...."

Whoa!  Football terms make her look smart and "with it."  Who's writing Abby's stuff now, Michael Strahan? 

It would be fun to ask her what she meant by using that word.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

But for Meghan there is nothing to admire about her personally so she uses her family's service to get accolades.  Take away what her family has accomplished and Meghan's got nothing.

I watched a clip on YouTube "The Rationale National " he was playing the clips of Meghan crying about antisemitism and his description of Meghan was exactly as we describe her. Basically there is no there,there.  She's been handed everything and accomplished nothing on her own. I can't get enough of watching others watching that clip because their wtf reaction is too funny. 

I can't believe The View had Mr Kahn on only to kiss Meghan's entitled ass. I wasn't sure why he'd be on. From the sound of it, that was the only reason he was on. I find that disgusting.  The Producers need to baby her that much.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Abby to Jonathan Karl:

"Jon, why do you think Mueller punted the obstruction of justice part of this .... He punted it to the Attorney General Barr...."

Whoa!  Football terms make her look smart and "with it."  Who's writing Abby's stuff now, Michael Strahan? 

It would be fun to ask her what she meant by using that word.

Maybe she nervous that Meghan's idol and former football wife Elizabeth is back for a visit. So she's decided to add a few football references.  😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

MM said she might vote for the ghost of her dead father,  since "he has become relevant several months after his death. " 

Lovely sentiment for your oh-so beloved father, Meggie. 

Way to keep using him and his name for your own gain. 

But then,  that's what you've been doing your whole life.  

Because you're an entitled idiot. 

My one comfort is that you keep making yourself look stupid on tv by mis-using big words, dressing crazy-bad, and trying---AND FAILING----to skewer guests that you don't agree with, because you don't understand the issues well enough to engage effectively.  

Go away, MM. 

You're not relevant,  nor will you ever be.  

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

She has been featured in some news clips so the The View is loving the publicity and that will keep her around until she decides she wants to leave.

She is no better than the bratty child who throws temper tantrums to get their way.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

For the umpteenth time, Abby is living in a Fantasy land. Her response is always, "this would be a great time for Trump to bring this country together," rainbows, unicorns, and glitter. When is she gonna get it through her thick skull that he is not THAT kind of President - hell, person - period? It's not gonna happen. 

Is she fucking serious?  Has she been paying attention for the past 2 yrs?

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And Meghan admits on national television that she has a "innate Conservative bias," as if that's a good thing. Hahahahahahaha. Gee, ya think?

So then we should discount everything she says then. Because you know she is biased.

4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And boy is she obsessed with CNN and who is and isn't a journalist. She never seems to say this stuff to the CNN anchors who come on the show, though. 

Well she presents herself as a political pundit and her only qualifications are she spouts off about politics.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Abby lacks critical thinking skills and she never says anything insightful.  

Abby lacks critical thinking skills and she never says anything insightful.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 15

This is why I love Joy. She shut Meghan up pretty fast when McCain tried to act like the way she treats Joy is the same as how Joy and Elisabeth used to interact. Elisabeth was never as disrespectful to Joy. I'd rather Elisabeth was on the show again than McCain.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

For all her education and experience Abby is just not very smart.  She is not much of a critical thinker.  

She's never had to be.  Another rich kid who grew up to be a rich adult. 

I bet her rich brothers and sisters, former classmates and boyfriends, and (maybe) her richer parents continue to shake their heads at her "success."

• LOL 5
  • Love 3