Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Kody's Secret Plan

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I think 1500 sf for Meri is fine too...heck, that's the sf for MY house.  What I don't understand is why every child needs their own bedroom.  

What I don't understand is why Dayton needs his own master suite.  

• Love 21
55 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

but if it's as I suspect, to incur jealousy in Kody, it's a little pathetic really. 

Hmmmmm I hadn't thought of that possibility and it sort of fits in with how desperate she seemed for some attention from Kootie on their trip to Flagstaff together.

I wanted to *SMACK* her and say "quit acting so desperate!"  🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

but if it's as I suspect, to incur jealousy in Kody, it's a little pathetic really.  It seems to me that Kody will permit Meri to tag along in the relationship, but never give her what she seems to need.

I think we are being given subtle insights into how kody reallly feels about Meri and just how much he resents her for the catfish fiasco. 

On the trip to Flagstaff when it was just Kody and Meri, she made a comment and he quickly responded “stop being the victim!”. He acted like it was a joke but I highly doubt that. 

Meri is the type of person that wants attention.  She will take any he throws her way, even if it’s negative.

She was trying to force him to say he cares about her when they were at the property and he just didn’t want to do it. How awkward if you are the realtor and stuck out in the middle of nowhere with these two!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, FreemefromTV said:

I think we are being given subtle insights into how kody reallly feels about Meri and just how much he resents her for the catfish fiasco. 

On the trip to Flagstaff when it was just Kody and Meri, she made a comment and he quickly responded “stop being the victim!”. He acted like it was a joke but I highly doubt that. 

Meri is the type of person that wants attention.  She will take any he throws her way, even if it’s negative.

She was trying to force him to say he cares about her when they were at the property and he just didn’t want to do it. How awkward if you are the realtor and stuck out in the middle of nowhere with these two!

If Meri had a shred of pride or dignity, she would have walked away after the porch scene at her grand opening of the BnB.  He made it abundantly clear then that the relationship was over, he couldn't even bring himself to give her a congratulatory hug.  I can only imagine what their day to day life is like, it's a good thing she has her LLR, she seems like a different person when she is away from the family.  

I don't like her and never have, but I do feel empathy for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Oops double quote but I understand this.  We have a son with Down Syndrome.   He is 21 and will stay with family. Our current home has has a master suite and another smaller bedroom with an attached bath that was a guest room. He moved into that when he was the only child left at home.  It gives him more privacy as an adult.  It’s mostly privacy as our son is an adult and has his own life and friends but needs the support of family.  

It could also be Kody just means a bedroom and bath combo.  In our neighborhood most houses have at least one other bedroom with an attached bath 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

They are treating Day'un like he will never be able to leave the nest when we know that he was off camping alone this summer.  Nice way to give the kid confidence that he can be a functioning adult.  Helicopter Mom probably wants him sleeping with her like Areola does. 

Set Day'un free and stop treating him like a baby.

Edited by Kohola3
forgot a word
  • Love 16
31 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They are treating Day'un like he will never be able to leave the nest when we know that he was off camping alone this summer.  Nice way to give the kid confidence that he can be a functioning adult.  Helicopter Mom probably wants him sleeping with her like Areola does. 

Set Day'un free and stop treating like a baby.

The term "smother mom" was tailor-made for Robyn.

• Love 8

So Christine and Meri go on a cruise and Mykelti has to come to Flagstaff to watch Truely? Really? So Kody can't watch his own child? She couldn't stay over at either Robyn's or Janelle's place?  

How is this show about one polygamous family? Seems more like one man with four distinct seperate families.

• Love 22
On 3/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wish she could understand that there may be initial pain as the body adjusts to its new alignment, but with therapy and time, things will improve. 

This part of the episode pissed me off so much. I’ve mentioned in another episode thread that I had scoliosis as a teen (much worse than what Ysabel has) and had the exact surgery described in this episode. When Ysabel was talking about how weird it would be after the surgery I was completely baffled. While I certainly had recovery pain (and to be honest, there was a lot of recovery pain due to the type of procedure and big ass scar), I felt so much better once my surgical pain was over. I certainly didn’t have trouble brushing my teeth! I didn’t have physical therapy after, it wasn’t even suggested. I was back to normal activity within 10 days. I wonder where she is getting her info. It seems very dramatic. Certainly back surgery is not a lightweight thing but it’s not as bad as she seems to think. And this poor child doing these tedious and questionable exercises every day and then feeling like it’s her fault the curvature progresses. UGH! I wanted to hug her.

• Love 22

Kootie and Christine are idiots.  Ysabel excludes any fun from her life, spends hours using that makeshift thingamajig, and blames herself when the curvature doesn't lessen.  She seems very afraid that Kootie is going to be upset with her.  He is such an ass.  I'd like to slap him for his arrogance, among other things.

• Love 20
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie and Christine are idiots.  Ysabel excludes any fun from her life, spends hours using that makeshift thingamajig, and blames herself when the curvature doesn't lessen.  She seems very afraid that Kootie is going to be upset with her.  He is such an ass.  I'd like to slap him for his arrogance, among other things.

I would lay odds that if their life wasn't being (somewhat) filmed, Kody would not be in attendance at doctor's appointments.  He did attend Hunter's wrestling matches, but that was to puff out his chest and gave him an entree to a story-line about his own days of high school glory as a wrestling champ.  Aside from his designated duty as the daily spoon feeder of Areola, I really doubt that he is involved in the day to day activities of any of his kids.  That's women's work in his eyes.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Ysabel excludes any fun from her life, spends hours using that makeshift thingamajig, and blames herself when the curvature doesn't lessen.  

Another sad part to this saga is that if she DID hook up with a support group or talk to people who have had successful surgeries, The Prophet, The General, The I'm the Boss of this Family, the Somebody Has to Be In Charge would pull rank and demand that she follow his dictates.

The fact that he's a buffoon doesn't appear to be obvious to his brainwashed cult members.

• Love 5
On 3/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, NotinKansasanymore said:

So Christine and Meri go on a cruise and Mykelti has to come to Flagstaff to watch Truely? Really? So Kody can't watch his own child? She couldn't stay over at either Robyn's or Janelle's place?  

How is this show about one polygamous family? Seems more like one man with four distinct seperate families.

My thoughts exactly. Not only this, but also Janelle's mom came to stay with her kids while she went to Maddie's to be with Axel. Janelle's trip makes sense, as Caleb is presumably working and Janelle understandably craves time with her grandson. But you basically have a substitute "mom" installed in each Flagstaff family home plus Robyn and Kody at home with her kids. 

I can't wait to see the Tell Nothing this time around - if it is filmed recently we should get some sense of the impact of dragging along the 3 unsold Vegas houses. Hoping!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I am right behind you in line for that,  and I suspect a very long line will be behind us. 

I want a button on the remote that will allow me to slap people on the tv.  At some point I have wanted to slap all the adult Browns, more often  Kody and Robyn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The Tell Nothing was filmed February 17th.

Tell Nothing???   That's hilarious!!

I guess Janelle has been reading my posts where I have advised her to at least cross her ankles and quit "man-spreading" when she sits on the couch. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:36 AM, Sam215 said:

Oops double quote but I understand this.  We have a son with Down Syndrome.   He is 21 and will stay with family. Our current home has has a master suite and another smaller bedroom with an attached bath that was a guest room. He moved into that when he was the only child left at home.  It gives him more privacy as an adult.  It’s mostly privacy as our son is an adult and has his own life and friends but needs the support of family.  

It could also be Kody just means a bedroom and bath combo.  In our neighborhood most houses have at least one other bedroom with an attached bath 

I didn't think Kody meant another rill master suite for Day-un;  I just thought he meant a bedroom with a private bath attached.  Usually a master bath has double sinks and is much larger than a regular bathroom.   And when Day-un eventually moves out, then it would work for a guest room.   Oh hell, I don't know what he wants, and I don't think he rilly does either.  He knows none of the wives are going to go for a square house that they all share.   My vote is for a 5 story building with all the common areas on the bottom floor.   I would put Janelle on the top floor so she can get some exercise going up and down the stairs.  Oh,  who am I kidding.  She would probably seldom venture down. 

I actually liked them all in the same house in Lehi, because that is what I innocently thought all plural marriages were like.  I can't recall whether Robyn moved into it or not, but I recall her during the great escape to LV so she was already around.  ( I detest/loathe Robyn so I tend to tune her out.)

So suddenly Kody complains that his children aren't accepting his faith.  I am not sure if he means they aren't accepting the plural marriage or the general tenets of mormonism or both.   Other than the plural marriage is there a significant difference between what LDS believe and what their family supposedly believes?  I know they had a "church service" in their living room once, and they  baked a birthday cake for one of the Mormon founders.   I tend to think of affirmations as a bit on the new-agey side so that puzzled me.

The final family meal in the cul-de-sac is an Open House where people can come and go?  Then what's with the sit-down meal? It looked like that was mostly just the family so why call it an open house?  I think I would be a little put off it I arrived to an open house and found everyone halfway thru a seated meal, no matter how informal the setting.   Or is a meal a mill?

• Love 6

Robyn never lived in the Lehi, Utah house that the three wives and the kids all shared with Master Kootie. They rented a nearby house for her, until the big exodus.  That scene with Meri closing the moving truck with the sirens wailing was obviously staged.  Meri sort of smiled when she turned her head.

That was just one instance early on, that had fakery written all over it.  So many lies, so little time.

• Love 8
On 3/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, suomi said:

When the family vetoed her business plan Meri flounced out the front door saying she had things to do, like earning $40k within 2 weeks (?) for her down payment. Then, when the deal went through (All By Myself) she kinda/sorta fronted like she did earn the money - until the truth oozed out that what she did was renegotiate the down payment. Because her cousin was the one writing the loan! He said something like "Whew, this was the hardest one I've ever done!"

When they were reading the time capsule letters one said something about "Ysabel won't be having headaches all the time anymore." Maybe caused by scoliosis long before she was diagnosed?

I think dividing the money equally is/was ridiculous, and cruel. OK, an equal base rate for utilities, fuel in the gas tank, etc. But grocery money should be allocated by how many mouths to feed. No fucking way should Meri and Mariah have gotten the same food allowance as Christine/6 kids and Janelle/6 kids. But Meri wanted equal so Meri fucking got equal. If I was her sister wife when that was happening to MY kids I would've fragged her. "Oops." What if it was Meri/6 kids and Janelle/Christine with 1 or 2 kids each? Oh ho ho! Meri is one snaky bitch, if for no other reason than stealing food from little kids. Of all her evil ways IMO that is the worst - and feckless Lord On High Kody let it happen. I'da fragged him too. 

Before watching Sister Wives, I assumed a plug family lived together, that a boy of wife one would share a bed room with a similarly aged boy of wife two (for example), that they would all live together and eat together thus sharing food expenses. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

Before watching Sister Wives, I assumed a plug family lived together, that a boy of wife one would share a bed room with a similarly aged boy of wife two (for example), that they would all live together and eat together thus sharing food expenses. 

That was my idea as well.  And that looks like what the Allredges do on Seeking Sister Wives, but the Windom family has two separate houses, but they are just starting out.   I do think Kody would like them in the same house, but he knows it will never happen.  If it did, he would send Meri up to live in the attic, like a crazy aunt. 

Edited by Twopper
failure to proof read--probably more errors to fix
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 3/26/2019 at 4:36 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I was in Scottsdale once when there had been a brief rainstorm. On the news they were bemoaning a high humidity of 15%. I guess it’s all relative. I’ve lived near Puget Sound all my life and 15% humidity doesn’t even sound like something you’d call humidity!

I am in Houston and we have at this moment a humidity of 51%, 15% would be wonderful during our summers.

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, Adeejay said:

Since Meri was bawling while signing the divorce papers, I believe Christine was mistaken when she said it was her idea.  And now that Kody has legally adopted Robyn’s kids, I wonder why he doesn’t just divorce her and remarry Meri.

Kody, the Rocket Scientist, said on tape that he plans to lie to the County with regards to the home he plans to build.  Someone should probably inform him that it’s doubtful that a woman who is married to a man that has three other wives, can ever feel that she is the only woman in their intimate world.

Kody seems to be with Christine more than his other wives.  Can't help but wonder if he lives with her full time.  

Why does the County care who lives in the house or whose name is on title? All they care about is zoning and building code requirements unless that subdivision has specific restrictive covenants and that assumes they even apply. Or that is how it works where I live.  I mean people build monster single family homes like those LA mansions with 20 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms and maybe 4 people living in the house. The County will be happy with  property taxes they will collect.  Will make resale somewhat challenging. What is up with 19 moves??

Edited by Jennifer T
  • Love 3
On 3/30/2019 at 12:19 AM, FreemefromTV said:

He should be happy about the catfish situation because I can tell you that is why I started tuning in again.  It would be hard enough being the only one married to Kody. I don't seem him as a prize so really sharing him is better than being one on one. But I can't imagine TLC pays them enough for the possible financial fiasco this seemingly sudden decision could cost them as a family.

Frankly I thought Meri would have engineered her escape by now I thought she was going that direction. I sure would have.  Now that she is divorced and Mariah is moving to Chicago.  

She deserves better frankly. I presume divorce is not a sin in the eyes of the Mormon church? The way Kody is swearing these days I wonder about his Mormonism. 

Edited by Jennifer T
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was looking at a site that said how much various reality show families etc get paid. The rule is supposedly 10% of what each episode costs to make so that the guess was this family gets $25,000 - $40,000 a month. So from $300,000 to $480,000 per season. 

It said they didn't know for sure but based on other TLC shows.  But that the financial net worth of Kody that this site could dig up was $800,000.  That is not a lot when you consider how many kids there are. How much did it cost to build all those houses in Vegas in the first place?

On 3/24/2019 at 10:44 PM, Fostersmom said:

I wonder how many of their 19 moves involved skipping out on rent/mortgages. I loved Robyn's crying she doesn't know why Flagtstaff. Wasn't the whole reason her kid and her parents? 

If the ad for tonight's tell all is any indication there may be a reason why Flagstaff and why such a hurry,  cough cough.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2019 at 2:11 PM, Twopper said:

Only if they need her for another season.   I am not sure what's the point of her hanging around otherwise.  She has an empty nest.  Everyone else still has a few children in school, and Christine and Janelle will probably soon have lots of grandchildren.  There is a good chance Mariah may not ever be a mother, but even if she does, I doubt she will have more than 1 or 2.   Even if she and Kody were to rekindle their love ( not that I think there is much chance of that) I still don't see her hanging around much with the rest of the fambly other than perhaps showing up for Thanksgiving dinner, weddings, and funerals.

During one of the discussions around the dinner table after the kids were dismissed, Kody mentions they will be a great deal of financial trouble if the LV houses don't sell.  So far they haven't sold, but Christine has bought a house and everyone else is in rentals, and they have bought that land.  But I don't hear anything of financial trouble so far, and it has been about 8 months since the big move.  His comment doesn't make it sound like they are richer than we think they are, but then we haven't seen any evidence so far of not being able to afford what they bought.  

And yet they are moving away from children and grandchildren.  Clearly Janelle is upset about being away from her grandchild but then maybe you should have brought that up or I guess as sister wives you have to follow the man even if he is leading you into the desert and away from those children and grandchildren.

Kody is the one continually saying they have tripled their living costs and they spent all the money on the land.  Even with TLC money coming in and I don't see when Kody works to bring money? But good for ratings right?

Edited by Jennifer T
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jennifer T said:

And yet they are moving away from children and grandchildren.  But I guess as sister wives you have to follow the man even if he is leading you into the desert and away from those children. 

Kody is the one continually saying they have tripled their living costs and they spent all the money on the land.  Even with TLC money coming in and I don't see when Kody works to bring money? But good for ratings right?

I don't think they say anything that is really true.  

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I don't think they say anything that is really true.  

Well the situation would suggest they are indeed going to be financially strained. Did TLC given them a raise?

The posters have raised a lot of good points I had not considered which is how the children of this polygamous union do lose out and could lose out legally as well as the wives especially if this implodes. I can see one "wife" leaving but I wonder if there was ever a case when all the wives dumped the man. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennifer T said:

He should be happy about the catfish situation because I can tell you that is why I started tuning in again.  It would be hard enough being the only one married to Kody. I don't seem him as a prize so really sharing him is better than being one on one. But I can't imagine TLC pays them enough for the possible financial fiasco this seemingly sudden decision could cost them as a family.

Frankly I thought Meri would have engineered her escape by now I thought she was going that direction. I sure would have.  Now that she is divorced and Mariah is moving to Chicago.  

She deserves better frankly. I presume divorce is not a sin in the eyes of the Mormon church? The way Kody is swearing these days I wonder about his Mormonism. 

My brother is LDS (converted as an adult) and is on his third marriage. Not plyg. All wives were/are LDS as well. I don’t know the procedures he had to follow but he’s still “temple worthy.” Someday I might ask but he can be pretty snooty about religion so I’ll have to be in the right mood. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jennifer T said:

I was looking at a site that said how much various reality show families etc get paid. The rule is supposedly 10% of what each episode costs to make so that the guess was this family gets $25,000 - $40,000 a month. So from $300,000 to $480,000 per season. 

Even that may be generous as they don't film 12 months of the year and there have been 4-9 month hiatuses in the past with threats of cancellation, so they may earn only $150,000 to $240,000 per year, which is not a lot for a family of 22 and no budgeting abilities or common sense.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Jennifer T said:

I presume divorce is not a sin in the eyes of the Mormon church?

I’m not aware of any sect of Mormonism that doesn’t allow for repentance and forgiveness if indeed one causes a divorce to occur, as well as comfort for the defendant of a civil divorce proceeding, including the mainstream LDS.  However, that’s assuming that it isn’t just in name only and no family ties/living situations are broken and forever changed, including re-marriage to another.  That’s definitely not Meri & Kody’s case, so since it was a civil paperwork only dill, in their version of Mormonism it might not even be considered a sin that needs to be repented.

The mainstream LDS President can “ unseal” couples who were “sealed” in celestial marriage for eternity in the temple, but that’s a separate situation than a civil divorce, in their view.  The mainstream LDS allows for polygamy in the afterlife, so there are more than a few divorced and remarried mainstream LDS who are still sealed in celestial marriage to the ex-spouse they are no longer married to according to the civil paperwork.

5 hours ago, Jennifer T said:

The way Kody is swearing these days I wonder about his Mormonism. 

I didn’t grow up Mormon nor convert, but I’m pretty sure that the “taking the Lord’s name in vain” thing most likely applies.  Kody & Company’s brand of Mormonism is slightly different than the mainstream version, though, so maybe The Patriarch of the Fambly can talk however he wants in his/their version?

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/14/2019 at 12:29 PM, Jennifer T said:

Why does the County care who lives in the house or whose name is on title? All they care about is zoning and building code requirements unless that subdivision has specific restrictive covenants and that assumes they even apply. Or that is how it works where I live.  I mean people build monster single family homes like those LA mansions with 20 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms and maybe 4 people living in the house. The County will be happy with  property taxes they will collect.  Will make resale somewhat challenging. What is up with 19 moves??

Being near ski areas and other sight seeing, it could be used as a rental.  Some families like to go rent a large home together for vacation or holidays.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 1:52 PM, jacksgirl said:

Convinced that the single house was just a storyline for the season. The drafting architect got some free publicity.  It was never gonna happen.

Yes, this is what I was coming here to say. I'm pretty sure that was all done just for the show to create "drama." Kody knows his wives won't go for it, that it is impractical and too expensive (etc) but he's doing it for the cameras. TLC either paid that draftswoman for else she did it for free for the exposure. That's how it read to me from the very beginning.

• Love 7

Call me crazy but I actually think next season will be all about Kooties plyg castle, there will be anger, lots of gnashing teeth, TEARS, plenty of eye booger wiping and prairie dogs. lol

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because it could be the best season ever!  😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Call me crazy but I actually think next season will be all about Kooties plyg castle, there will be anger, lots of gnashing teeth, TEARS, plenty of eye booger wiping and prairie dogs.

But can the milk the planning for an entire season?  We know that there is no action on Prairie Dog Plague Flats at this point and just getting infrastructure out there would take time as in starting pretty darned soon. Or are they hoping to do a full season of hysteria over just the planning followed by another season of construction woes?

I had enough trouble building my own house in a rural area, I sure as hell would find nothing interesting in watching that angst from the insane clown posse.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think they could easily do a full season of hysteria over just the planning of the Prairie Dog Plague Plyg Palace.  Even those of us who have never built a house have already guessed that:

1) A draftperson's plan not done to the specs of a licensed architect will not be accepted by the planning office.  Back to the drawing board rants.

2) Even rural areas have restrictions on how utilities and septic systems/fields and houses can be constructed.  A legitimate architect will know the local & national building codes, but the Browns will probably want to test the planning office several times before final plans are accepted.

3) bringing utilities in will be very expensive, etc., etc. They'll need to sell a lot of LulaNo crap.

Everyone who pushes back on them will be called plyg persecutors, causing ranting, raving and tears at every TH.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Rhondinella said:

Yes, this is what I was coming here to say. I'm pretty sure that was all done just for the show to create "drama." Kody knows his wives won't go for it, that it is impractical and too expensive (etc) but he's doing it for the cameras. TLC either paid that draftswoman for else she did it for free for the exposure. That's how it read to me from the very beginning.

Agree.  You know not one of those wives or Kody for that matter would all live in the same house.  I bet the triplex in Lehi took some getting used to.

• Love 3

I was just thinking that Janelle's house may be unsold but off the market because of whatever they did to create Maddie & Caleb's suite. They probably violated building codes to save money and it all probably needs to be ripped out and returned to its original state with 5 instead of 6 bedrooms and a lower price.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  You know not one of those wives or Kody for that matter would all live in the same house.  I bet the triplex in Lehi took some getting used to.

I think Kody, Meri and Janelle lived in a mobile home when Janelle first came into the marriage, now that would take some getting used to, maybe earplugs helped for the odd wife out each night.

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I think Kody, Meri and Janelle lived in a mobile home when Janelle first came into the marriage, now that would take some getting used to, maybe earplugs helped for the odd wife out each night.

Yes, that is an icky thought, but the first thing that came to my mind too.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Ugghhhhh! You couldn’t even pretend not to notice as he headed down the hall to the other wife’s bedroom. And for Meri, she’d be watching her brother’s ex-wife and her own husband. How outright weird. I wonder if that divorce broke her brothers heart, just to add to the emotional complications. 

Dear god, no wonder Meri seems depressed and miserable. WAY too much proximity to emotional torture. You know she still loves Kody, and she’s been shoved aside for three other women. I never realized they lived in something so small that it would hard to ignore the first interloper. 

• Love 3
On 4/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, crazycatlady58 said:

I am in Houston and we have at this moment a humidity of 51%, 15% would be wonderful during our summers.

Oh, crazy, you don't know humidity......The humidity in my neck.of the woods is 84% and it is only 10 am.

• Love 1

I haven't watched the show in years so I'm just going by what I read here. 

Didn't Brady Williams of My Five Wives buy or rent a ginormous plyg house a few years ago? I couldn't find it on Google but I remember seeing it. Not in AZ, I think it was in Utah. 

And wtf is up with Robyn keeping poor Dayton chained to her? Yeah he may be on the spectrum, but he doesn't seem to be helpless. I don't know much about autism but I do know parents of children on the spectrum and all of them work hard in getting their kids/teens/young adults to be as independent as possible because they won't always be there. Doesn't she think that Dayton might want to date and marry and have children? God.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think the morning after would be ten times worse than the night before.

Bumping elbows in the kitchen while everyone gets breakfast the next morning? Ho hum, yep, the headboard banged the wall for what seemed like hours, golly gee, are we out of cornflakes again?

Or, watching her make and serve his breakfast while they bask in the afterglow?

He gets his own breakfast because otherwise it's too obvious that they are in the afterglow? 

You cook for and serve everyone because they are ding-y from lack of sleep?

You stay in your room until you hear their cars leave but you can't help hearing the murmur of their voices and their laughter? (Did someone say "I'll give you an hour to stop that" ... ?)

He leaves early to avoid both of you and you're bumping elbows with someone who is humming and half-smiling and looking into the distance while making her own damn breakfast?

It's the stuff of nightmares and I do not comprehend how people dill with it.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

I think the morning after would be ten times worse than the night before.

Bumping elbows in the kitchen while everyone gets breakfast the next morning? Ho hum, yep, the headboard banged the wall for what seemed like hours, golly gee, are we out of cornflakes again?

Or, watching her make and serve his breakfast while they bask in the afterglow?

He gets his own breakfast because otherwise it's too obvious that they are in the afterglow? 

You cook for and serve everyone because they are ding-y from lack of sleep?

You stay in your room until you hear their cars leave but you can't help hearing the murmur of their voices and their laughter? (Did someone say "I'll give you an hour to stop that" ... ?)

He leaves early to avoid both of you and you're bumping elbows with someone who is humming and half-smiling and looking into the distance while making her own damn breakfast?

It's the stuff of nightmares and I do not comprehend how people dill with it.

I just flashed on the very first episode of Big Love. 

Bill having loud sex with Wife 3 while Wife 1 is angrily scrambling eggs and Wife 2 is bitching about it, then Wife 3 comes down to the kitchen in a tiny robe with her butt cheeks showing. No jealousy there. Ha!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Call me crazy but I actually think next season will be all about Kooties plyg castle, there will be anger, lots of gnashing teeth, TEARS, plenty of eye booger wiping and prairie dogs. lol

I'm keeping my fingers crossed because it could be the best season ever!  😂

Might as well go out with a bang, because I can't see this show renewing after next season.  I think it's run its course unless production tells Kody that he needs to divorce his current shrew and marry Christine.  Now THAT I would watch.

15 hours ago, deirdra said:

I think they could easily do a full season of hysteria over just the planning of the Prairie Dog Plague Plyg Palace. 

Or how about this...they hire a REAL therapist to delve deep into all of the actual reasons WHY these women loathe each other so much, they can't even drive to the same quack therapist in the same car even though they live across the street from each other.  Let's hear all about Janelle's first husband!  Let's go deep into Robyn's sick, twisted brain and find out why she thinks she has actually been a part of this fam'ly since Day One.  Let's find out why Janelle is a Strive consultant!  Or why Christine suddenly looks 15 years younger.  Or whatever happened to Christine's mom running the B&B, or the truth about why Meri went looking for love in all the wrong places.  Answer the REAL questions.

Yeah, I know............

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I haven't watched the show in years so I'm just going by what I read here. 

Didn't Brady Williams of My Five Wives buy or rent a ginormous plyg house a few years ago? I couldn't find it on Google but I remember seeing it. Not in AZ, I think it was in Utah. 

And wtf is up with Robyn keeping poor Dayton chained to her? Yeah he may be on the spectrum, but he doesn't seem to be helpless. I don't know much about autism but I do know parents of children on the spectrum and all of them work hard in getting their kids/teens/young adults to be as independent as possible because they won't always be there. Doesn't she think that Dayton might want to date and marry and have children? God.

I think when his brother and him got that large contract, they finally had the money to build one large home.  I think it was shown on their FB page.  It just showed a photo from the outside.  It looked nice.  Not sure how large it really was.  Considering that the last two wives are the only ones with small children.

• Love 2