Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Kody's Secret Plan

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Anyone else shocked that in Kody's dream home, that Robyn gets the most square footage, and she gets two master bedrooms so Dayton can have one? Wow since it's at least two years out Robyn really is planning for Dayton to live with her for most of his adult life, even after college.

Like Meri is going to settle for a 1500 foot home.

Really this is the most ridiculous thing yet. Has Kody learned nothing over the years? Gotta go with Christine. Never. Gonna. Happen. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, tinaw said:

thought the exact same thing. Meri will flip out

Maybe Meri will go buy that RV she mentioned so she'll have extra space and can get away whenever she likes

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They stated they’ve moved 19 times?

They lived in a few places in Utah, Wyoming, Las Vegas, and now Arizona. Anywhere else?

Since they all live separately, maybe they count each wife's move. So they lived in rentals in Las Vegas first and then move to the cul-de-sac so that's 4 Moves. Four more moves now to Flagstaff.

The Time Capsule was ridiculously stupid. But, as predicted, Mykelti is in fashion, she sells Lularoe!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

I swear, every time Robyn comes on during the theme saying, "It just feels like destiny.  Like we should have all been together from day one..."

I just picture them all as toddlers fighting over Kody.  😂

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Gennacide said:

I swear, every time Robyn comes on during the theme saying, "It just feels like destiny.  Like we should have all been together from day one..."

I just picture them all as toddlers fighting over Kody.  😂

And everyrime the intro of Christine saying “I wanted the whole family” comes on, right after the “previously” of her saying “NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.” I laugh and I laugh.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, this comment this week plus her drooling over Aspyn's marriage license and certificate has convinced me that Christine wants her chance to be the married wife, and if Kody can divorce Meri to marry Robyn, then why shouldn't Robyn divorce Kody and let Christine have a chance at the legal title.  As I have said before,  maybe plural marriage multiplies love for Kody, but it divides it for the women who have to share him, although I think at certain times they are just as glad he is unavailable.   I think Meri is over it, and is just phoning it in. I think the show could be just as boring and aimless without Meri as it is with her.

Yes! I had the same thought. We were treated to her looking longingly at the marriage license and bemoaning the fact that she could never have one. Yes you can Christine. Start acting real loving and sweet to "wonderful Man." Then drop little hints about how Robyn and Meri have had their turns. Get Kody to bring this up with Robyn you know kind of like the divorce doesn't really change  anything. Then we can sit back and watch the fireworks . Guarantees another season or two. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Its really creepy to listen to Christine try to sell Aspyn by claiming she isn’t a person to settle down and Flagstaff feels like home blah blah blah. All to fall in line with Kody, the ADD poster boy. 

And she looked like a total idiot trying to explain it to Aspyn. But I think Christine is a dullard anyway.

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Do Robyn's parents live in Flagstaff or Arizona? I know they moved in part for Dayton but I read somewhere her family is there too. Is that true?

They live in Saint George UT, about 11 miles from Arizona's northern border. SG is about 120 miles from Vegas and about 270 miles from Flag. 

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Yes! I had the same thought. We were treated to her looking longingly at the marriage license and bemoaning the fact that she could never have one. Yes you can Christine. Start acting real loving and sweet to "wonderful Man." Then drop little hints about how Robyn and Meri have had their turns. Get Kody to bring this up with Robyn you know kind of like the divorce doesn't really change  anything. Then we can sit back and watch the fireworks . Guarantees another season or two. 

The bold reminded me: You can claim an ex's Social Security if you were married at least 10 years and during their lifetime they accumulated enough eligible quarters (40) and your own retirement benefit is less than what you would get by claiming them. Meri has more than enough years under her belt. Robyn won't turn him loose until she gets her 10. Christine will need to be wait her turn. Eeyore probably paid in more during the years she worked than Kody has. 

(Multiple spouses are entitled to benefits. All that matters is that you were legally married for 10 years. Minor children are eligible also, no minimum time for that). 

• Useful 11
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Please explain WHY they can't justify the move. Wouldn't it be okay to say that they wanted to be near Dayton? Isn't it okay to say they wanted to get away from the bad influence in Vegas? Robyn has become very evangelical lately and I am sure she wants her other children to be away from what she perceives as immoral. Likely her kids were not able to find friends and fit into a Vegas high school and so they all move. But why couldn't they talk about their real motivation?

(and also they are likely to find out that any high school has quite the mixture of influences)

Because they won’t say on camera “ it was Robyn’s idea”.  We all know that’s the truth. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Well, this comment this week plus her drooling over Aspyn's marriage license and certificate has convinced me that Christine wants her chance to be the married wife, and if Kody can divorce Meri to marry Robyn, then why shouldn't Robyn divorce Kody and let Christine have a chance at the legal title.  As I have said before,  maybe plural marriage multiplies love for Kody, but it divides it for the women who have to share him, although I think at certain times they are just as glad he is unavailable.   I think Meri is over it, and is just phoning it in. I think the show could be just as boring and aimless without Meri as it is with her.

I think Christine is definitely making moves towards getting Kody to marry her! She wants her turn. They may be really getting along behind the scenes better than the rest of the the wives. He’s probably hanging out at her house the most now. Robyn seems sick and tired of him and isn’t very lovey-dovey like she used to be. How can Kody say no if he divorced Meri to just adopt Robyn’s kids like they both proclaimed, what would be his reason to deny Christine something she says she really needs to make her feel at peace? Christine may be making her move, and if she is, I would watch the hell out of it! 

I bet once Robyn saw that little scene of Christine crying about a marriage certificate to Kody, she was furious...and nervous. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Please explain WHY they can't justify the move. Wouldn't it be okay to say that they wanted to be near Dayton? Isn't it okay to say they wanted to get away from the bad influence in Vegas? Robyn has become very evangelical lately and I am sure she wants her other children to be away from what she perceives as immoral. Likely her kids were not able to find friends and fit into a Vegas high school and so they all move. But why couldn't they talk about their real motivation?

(and also they are likely to find out that any high school has quite the mixture of influences)

I'm with you there. I lived in Vegas and thought it was a terrible place to live, for many reasons. It surprised me when the Browns decided to move there. Sure, there are some nicer areas but even those aren't immune to crime, plus you can't stay cooped up in that bubble all the time. The public schools are not good. And it's so hot in summer--unless you have a gym membership (which are always crowded)--you'd better get your cardio in before the sun comes up. And let's not even talk about the grumpy attitudes and traffic--Vegas was listed as one of the most unfriendly cities in the nation. 

I still live close enough that requires me to go there, plus my job has me fairly close to the area. The crap I see coming out of that city on a daily basis has me grateful to have gotten out of there. 

Flagstaff may not seem very logical and I think their decision-making frustrations are played up for the cameras. It probably is frustrating to a point, but it's really not a bad place to be. The one-big-house idea is terrible, though. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, suomi said:

They live in Saint George UT, about 11 miles from Arizona's northern border. SG is about 120 miles from Vegas and about 270 miles from Flag. 

And that’s another reason Kody gave for Robyn needing more space. To have someplace for her parents to stay. 

What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall when each of these wives watches the THs by and about the other wives and how and why they get what they do

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

What I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall when each of these wives watches the THs by and about the other wives and how and why they get what they do

I wonder if the 1500 sf designated for Meri will be the final straw for her to call it quits? Of course, she could go rent some space in downtown Flagstaff to set up her LLR business (at least as long as they're still in business) so she won't need space in her home for her business stuff. Then if she gets that RV she mentioned, she could spend more time on the road--go visit her B&B and have a place to stay so she won't need to take one of the rooms of the B&B from a paying customer. I really hope her B&B remains successful--but I also hope she's not forking over the money she makes from that business into Kody's grubby little hands.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I suspect that they find out a whole lot about what's really going on in their marriage when they watch the show. They find out the same time we do!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Bananas1313 said:

Since when did this become the Kody & Christine show? Most of the interactions took place in her house, with her, but what about his daily life with Robyn & Jeanelle?

(I specifically left out Meri because, tbh, there probably isn’t a whole lot to show there)

I haven't read all the comments yet, but the early scenes were in Robyn's house.  The creepy rewritten history "Pitcher" was on the wall.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Why oh why do they all look at their fingers after they dig something out of their eyes when they cry? One of the older girls was doing it tonight and it is so disgusting. It reminds me of little kids picking their noses and examining it before they eat it. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Bananas1313 said:

Since when did this become the Kody & Christine show? Most of the interactions took place in her house, with her, but what about his daily life with Robyn & Jeanelle?

Ugh, right? Did you catch them calling each other "my love"? Christine is over the freakin' moon with the attention she's getting from Kody. She doesn't care how Aspyn feels about anything. As long as she's getting the D from Kody, all is well in her rose colored world. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, toodles said:

Robyn should like never talk like ever.  Like ever. 

All the like talk just drives me crazy.  And her other expression, and we're just sittin' here like, when she is up walking around is another one that drives me crazy.

When she opens her yap, I just cringe.  "We sit here, and blah, blah, blah."  Over and over again!  Sit here, sit there, gawd!  Maddening.

• Love 7

So now I get it.  Kody wants them to live in one big house so that he can have his man cave of his own in the middle of the house! He wants his own personal space now. That way he doesn't have to do shit except go from one bedroom to the other. He doesn't want to walk, drive or make any extra effort to see his wives because he is getting older and tired. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

And that’s another reason Kody gave for Robyn needing more space. To have someplace for her parents to stay. 

I'll bet that the extra master bedroom will be for the use of a new live-in nanny for Robyn.  Mindy announced she won't be making the move to Flagstaff and Robyn simply can't be expected to manage her SWCloset bizness as well as tend to the needs of a college-age child, 2 teenage daughters, Sol, who is now in school and Areola, who sounds like a mini She-Ra that dominates that household.  I would also guess that Kody not only comes over to feed Areola every day but also cooks the meals and cleans up after.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Like they could SERIOUSLY unload that honking huge house Kody wants built?  How many polygamist families are in Flagstaff that would want to buy it?

Maybe Meri could buy it and open another B&B and start a chain!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe Meri could buy it and open another B&B and start a chain!!!

Isn't Flagstaff a college town? They should be able to rent out the place to college kids if Meri doesn't want to start up another B&B.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What do other polyg families do once the children are grown up and gone? Do they still live all together?

Kody yet again building a house for now - but not thinking rationally about just 5 years from now when most of the children are gone. And no resale value on this crazy 5 kitchen house in Arizona.

Interesting he now wants a space for himself. That's why he wants "under one roof." It's not for the family. They will all be gone. It's for him.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, kimaken said:

Isn't Flagstaff a college town? They should be able to rent out the place to college kids if Meri doesn't want to start up another B&B.

Kody is already forging ahead with his ill-conceived idea for a multi-family dwelling on a single-family dwelling building lot.  I think he believes that by having the developer's CCR's tossed, he is in a position to side-step municipal zoning restrictions.

It would take months, if not years have the zoning changed and would involve notices to other members of the community as well as meetings for their input.  Just another wack-a-doodle pipe dream from Kody.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Did I understand correctly? Ysabel's scoliosis has worsened two degrees (?) since her last visit, despite the expensive program she's doing, a program that seems to make her life miserable. Ysabel cries (I wish they hadn't put that on TV), and Dr. Camp says some like, We'll know in ten years if the spine is stable. Then, they casually arrange another visit in a year. On the talking couch, Christine starts bellowing about margin or error and then suddenly decides Ysabel's number is really 38 instead of 44. Granted, I was multitasking during this show, but I looked up to try to follow this segment and I couldn't. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Did I understand correctly? Ysabel's scoliosis has worsened two degrees (?) since her last visit, despite the expensive program she's doing, a program that seems to make her life miserable. Ysabel cries (I wish they hadn't put that on TV), and Dr. Camp says some like, We'll know in ten years if the spine is stable. Then, they casually arrange another visit in a year. On the talking couch, Christine starts bellowing about margin or error and then suddenly decides Ysabel's number is really 38 instead of 44. Granted, I was multitasking during this show, but I looked up to try to follow this segment and I couldn't. 

The stupidity at times is mind-blowing.  The doctor said there could be slight error in their measurements which COULD mean that Ysabel could be a 42 still - or perhaps a 40?  42+2/42-2.

And then Christine says to HER it's a 38- 39.  I'm surprised they even go to these doctor visits since they so much more than he does.  Luckily Ysabel will grow up and be able to make her own health decisions.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

So, which wife is the squealer in the bedroom? Kody insisted their bedrooms be far apart in “the big house”...(yuck)

Christine would be my guess. She can't even keep her mouth shut out of the bedroom! She was talking so fast on the couch last night they had to use subtitles at one point! Jeez woman, just shut up once in a while and adjust your adderall intake. She is exhausting. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

The stupidity at times is mind-blowing.  The doctor said there could be slight error in their measurements which COULD mean that Ysabel could be a 42 still - or perhaps a 40?  42+2/42-2.

And then Christine says to HER it's a 38- 39.  I'm surprised they even go to these doctor visits since they so much more than he does.  Luckily Ysabel will grow up and be able to make her own health decisions.

While this is a major surgery, I think Christine has frightened Ysabel so much, Ysabel will have trouble ever making this decision even if it becomes medically necessary. Isn't Christine the wife who was terrified of her toaster? 

• Love 19

I can never keep it straight WHERE to post my comments, so I just  included in a comment about Christine, that the building the new home seems sososososososo excessive to me.

Yeah Robyn needs 3500 SF. And seriously, for Meri who is now alone really, 1500 SF should be quite ample. More than ample. Considering there is still common space (you know for their BIG dinners and Family Meetings!)

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

Yeah Robyn needs 3500 SF. And seriously, for Meri who is now alone really, 1500 SF should be quite ample. More than ample. Considering there is still common space (you know for their BIG dinners and Family Meetings!)

Yes and when all the kids are moved out and it's just Kody and his harem, Robyn will still have 3500 sf to Meri's 1500 sf. Definitely makes a statement which wives are important and which are not. Of course, maybe this will result in Meri finally flying the coop--maybe she'll stay in Flagstaff on her own but not live in "the big house".

• Love 3

Cash they put down in Flagstaff:

Christine's lot paid in full with cash : $300,000

Meri's lot paid in full with cash: $180,000

Robyn's lot: put down $23,800 on purchase price of $170,000 (mortgaged $146,200)

Janelle's lot: put down $23,800 on purchase price of $170,000 (mortgaged $146,200)

Christine's flagstaff house: put down $130,000 on purchase price of $520,000 (mortgaged $390,00)

=> Add that up and that means the Browns put down $657,600 in cash in Flagstaff.  That's what Kody means when he says they used up all their money on the land in Flagstaff!  Meanwhile with that cash they could have almost paid of two of the four houses in Las Vegas.  Two of the wives could have had their dream of paid off houses (as written in the time capsule) come true.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 7
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

=> Add that up and that means the Browns put down $657,600 in cash in Flagstaff. 

And that is approximately the equity they have in the LV homes. Kody said something about having to sell the homes because they bought the lots....and are renting/buying homes. They put the cart before the horse and used the equity lines to buy the lots (my opinion!). Mona said they would sell within a month, so maybe Kody was thinking sell the LV homes quickly and they wouldn't be out too much monthly TLC income. Hence, the push to move "within a month". Because really, Kody doesn't give a shit about the kids and their school schedules. He made that very obvious when they moved to LV and he was uprooting all 354 school-aged kids.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

And that is approximately the equity they have in the LV homes. Kody said something about having to sell the homes because they bought the lots....and are renting/buying homes. They put the cart before the horse and used the equity lines to buy the lots (my opinion!). Mona said they would sell within a month, so maybe Kody was thinking sell the LV homes quickly and they wouldn't be out too much monthly TLC income. Hence, the push to move "within a month". Because really, Kody doesn't give a shit about the kids and their school schedules. He made that very obvious when they moved to LV and he was uprooting all 354 school-aged kids.

Does anyone have access to deed records in Clark County (Las Vegas)?  If they took second mortgages against their Las Vegas houses the second mortgages should have been recorded.  I thought for sure Meri paid the down payment for her B&B by taking a second against her house.  

• Love 2

Cash they put down in Flagstaff:

Christine's lot paid in full with cash : $300,000

Meri's lot paid in full with cash: $180,000

Robyn's lot: put down $23,800 on purchase price of $170,000 (mortgaged $146,200)

Janelle's lot: put down $23,800 on purchase price of $170,000 (mortgaged $146,200)

Christine's flagstaff house: put down $130,000 on purchase price of $520,000 (mortgaged $390,00)

=> Add that up and that means the Browns put down $657,600 in cash in Flagstaff.  That's what Kody means when he says they used up all their money on the land in Flagstaff!  Meanwhile with that cash they could have almost paid of two of the four houses in Las Vegas.  Two of the wives could have had their dream of paid off houses (as written in the time capsule) come true.

Where is all that cash coming from? Where did Christine get the money to buy a second home without selling the first one? We haven't seen anything on this show to demonstrate they have any other real source of income besides My Sister Wives Closet and LulaRoe. Is TLC really paying them that much money for this crappy show??

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Since Meri was bawling while signing the divorce papers, I believe Christine was mistaken when she said it was her idea.  And now that Kody has legally adopted Robyn’s kids, I wonder why he doesn’t just divorce her and remarry Meri.

Kody, the Rocket Scientist, said on tape that he plans to lie to the County with regards to the home he plans to build.  Someone should probably inform him that it’s doubtful that a woman who is married to a man that has three other wives, can ever feel that she is the only woman in their intimate world.

Kody seems to be with Christine more than his other wives.  Can't help but wonder if he lives with her full time.  

Meri doesn't have any kids that can be used as a tax write off?  With Robyn he's got the hobby biz of Sisterwives Closet (used to lower taxes per Robyn) and 4 kids under 18.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8