Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Eat, Drink, and Be Married

• Start Topic

Ok.  Denise's wedding was different.  That's fine.  Her being 'that' late was not ok.  Yeah.  She's the bride but really?  And I do like Denise.

I don't get a creep vibe from Aaron.  I think he may just be uncomfortable being on camera.  Same goes for Denise's girls.  I do give Aaron points for the way Eloise acts with him.  She feels secure.  That says a lot.

• Love 10

I liked Denise’s wedding with the exception of making her guests wait for 90 minutes.  Did you see her kids making faces over the heat while they were lining up?  Imagine sitting there for over an hour.  I bet Erika bypassed the laundry and tossed that sweaty jumpsuit in the trash.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On March 27, 2019 at 5:55 PM, BodhiGurl said:

I made the unfortunate decision to watch VP Rules this week. Ugh. Btwn that gawd awful show (I'm simply not the target audience - clearly - however even if I was still in my early 30's I suspect I'd be over it), and the shenanigans this season on RHOBH, I'm extremely fatigued when it comes to LVP and Ken. Maybe their limited scenes coming up in future episodes will help. I don't know. I think she's overrated. And I liked her early on. I'm just over her hype. I do think she's perfectly capable of planting stories and having publishers deny she planted said story. 

On VPR --LVP has no trouble directly confronting the pack of eff ups who work for her.  It's a big contast to RHOBH where her response to conflict is so often to walk out, sob, cry to Ken and get Ken to bitch people out for her.   

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pattycake2 said:

I liked Denise’s wedding with the exception of making her guests wait for 90 minutes.  Did you see her kids making faces over the heat while they were lining up?  Imagine sitting there for over an hour.  I bet Erika bypassed the laundry and tossed that sweaty jumpsuit in the trash.

Totally -that was not cool Denise! I felt like I was getting a sunburn just watching!

OTOH it was nice to see her dad Irv who seemed like such a sweet guy on Denise's old E! Reality show.  I think Denise really is just a down to earth chick from Illinois.  

• Love 6

Ok, can we let this Lucy, Lucy, Juicy situation die? Teddi? You owned your part which is good. Lisa V? Snobby AF saying a handwritten condolence wasn't good enough basically. Loving Denise so far. Kyle? Cries a lot. That's all I got on her so far.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  Denise's wedding was different.  That's fine.  Her being 'that' late was not ok.  Yeah.  She's the bride but really?  And I do like Denise.

I don't get a creep vibe from Aaron.  I think he may just be uncomfortable being on camera.  Same goes for Denise's girls.  I do give Aaron points for the way Eloise acts with him.  She feels secure.  That says a lot.

I tend to agree about Aaron. Kids and animals tend to be pretty good at sniffing out bad people, and his interactions with Eloise are sweet and real. And I agree she was too late, but at least they had drinks - like a pre wedding cocktail party, so there's that. However, sitting in the hot sun is not acceptable - there should have been tents for shade at least. 

• Love 7
On 3/30/2019 at 1:31 AM, TomGirl said:

I know it’s already been mentioned by many, but - just wow!62F028F3-9A10-48ED-AD2F-003BDBD0376D.jpeg.ec6941771c1d5346240ef3f7fc5a9cb8.jpeg

I find Camille to be kind of an enigma. I love Camille 2.0. She's her own woman with no inherent ax to grind. She seems to dip in and out of the HW drama as she pleases without getting too mired down in it. I am always struck by Camille's body language, too. When she hugs someone, she closes her eyes and really draws them close. That suggests genuineness to me. The body language in this photo is clear, too.  

But, wow, I can't totally dismiss or forget season 1 Camille. She was one haughty, mean bitch.  

This is why I will never understand why they don't bring her on as a full time HW. She must be resistant to it, herself . Too bad. I would love to see her back. 

• Love 16
23 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

On VPR --LVP has no trouble directly confronting the pack of eff ups who work for her.  It's a big contast to RHOBH where her response to conflict is so often to walk out, sob, cry to Ken and get Ken to bitch people out for her.   

But I'm like that too. I can be assertive in my work role, but do not handle personal conflict well.

• Love 15
On 3/31/2019 at 10:45 AM, JillThePill said:

I find Camille to be kind of an enigma. I love Camille 2.0. She's her own woman with no inherent ax to grind. She seems to dip in and out of the HW drama as she pleases without getting too mired down in it. I am always struck by Camille's body language, too. When she hugs someone, she closes her eyes and really draws them close. That suggests genuineness to me. The body language in this photo is clear, too.  

But, wow, I can't totally dismiss or forget season 1 Camille. She was one haughty, mean bitch.  

This is why I will never understand why they don't bring her on as a full time HW. She must be resistant to it, herself . Too bad. I would love to see her back. 

Camille is like that friend who you love but know can be just a bit blunt and catty. Lol Sometimes it’s when they’ve been wronged, sometimes it’s for comedic effect, but you know they’re harmless for the most part. 

I did like that while Camille’s experienced Lisa trying to manipulate her, she said they should cut her slack because of what she went through. I know a lot of people think she became a fake Camille after her season 1 backlash, but another thing I noticed about her is that she doesn’t seem to care who the other women or fans favor. She was always gentle with Kim, sweet to new girl Brandi when no one else other than Adrienne was. She then stood up for what was right during the fiasco between Adrienne and Brandi. At that time Brandi had a lot of fans, and even cast members like LVP still seemed team Brandi. 

I remember rolling my eyes at some of the things Camille said and did season 1, but she does seem to be a sweet and sensitive person at heart. She can also laugh at herself, which is very endearing. 

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember rolling my eyes at some of the things Camille said and did season 1, but she does seem to be a sweet and sensitive person at heart. She can also laugh at herself, which is very endearing. 

Camille season one deserved Kelsey they were two peas in a pod now looking back at it. Now she at least has some humility and presence about herself that she painfully didn’t have preseason one.  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
(edited)

That wasn’t hurt lashing out that was a genuine self perceived “I am better then everyone around me”. Kelsey has/had the same air about him. It was a deep ingrained trait she was exhibiting and had no self awareness(or maybe she did at the time and didn’t care until the world was judging her) of what she was doing. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7

Sometimes you have to be knocked down to get some perspective and humility. I think Camille has experienced that and that is why she can appreciate where Lisa Vanderpump is coming from on the show.

If you remember the first season they were all coming for Camille and she reacted badly. I think she learned a lot from that experience. That is why she is a much more sympathetic character and a bit  a fan favorite..

• Love 9

think Denise really is just a down to earth chick from Illinois.  

She totally is, and I am very much a Teddi about punctuality, so I'd have stretched my allowance for lateness at wedding from 20 minutes tops to 40 (though wasn't Cynthia's wedding to Peter on Atlanta HOURS late?), but I would have peaced out especially if I had somewhere else to be. I do think Denise had convinced herself that the women weren't going to come with it so last minute, but I think it's required for them to show up unless they have a really good reason like Kyle? I did love her dad being shady as fuck all, "So...you're late for your own wedding?" Him being so earnest about it is what made it shady. LOL.

The stanning for VP is so WILD the Beehive has nothing on her warriors. Miss me with the pity party, the lady manipulates people and why she can't own that shit I will never understand. Especially when the target in this case, Dorit, is so richly deserving of her jujitsu. Try stabbing in the front some times Lady Vander Pump. 

OTHO I don't know who these women are kidding with this sudden lament that Dorit did NOTHING WRONG, it is so so clear they all thought what she did was wrong and side eyed her giving the dog to a rando who dumped it at a shelter. Denise is the only one who explained *to her face* why what she did was messed up and maybe she could have handled it better. Lisa did to but she was full of shit about forgiving Dorit for it.  But they have for sure gotten so righteously worked up about finally "catching" Lisa out they have completely convinced themselves Dorit is innocent of any wrongdoing which...NOOOO. 

• Love 1
On 4/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, howiveaddict said:

Wonder if maybe part if why season one Camille acted like she did, was because of what was going on with her and Kelsey?

I think season one Camille was a product of not particularly realizing how some things you say will come across on camera, like when she said the thing about 4 nannies for each kid.  It sounded so pretentious, but, later when she explained that the nannies aren't all there all the time, they have them when they travel and obviously you need 24/7 care, so you need to have backup for days off and coverage for all hours, it does make sense that you can't just have one person doing it.  And I think she knew something was wrong when it came to things with Kelsey, but didn't quite know what at first, so since she's on tv, she's trying to keep her world level and oriented, the same way most of us would if we were on the way to a party and arguing with our spouse in the car.  You get to the party and put on your happy face and pretend you weren't arguing the whole way over about who forgot to put the trash out and who forgot to sign the permission slip, etc.  Then when you leave, you go right back to your situation.  She didn't know at the beginning that Kelsey was already gone for good, so she was trying to keep appearances up.  Once it was obvious, then you really are careful with what you put out there because your ex can totally see what they did.  Screw that, I'd want him to see that yeah, he left, but fuck him, I'm gonna be fine without his cheating ass.

• Love 7

There was a special HWs edition on last night of this particular episode.  It featured sub-titles with the producers telling their version of events.

They said that once Denise and her family were ready to travel to the wedding, they were just 7 minutes away from the venue.  They said that parking is an issue for the crew whenever they film at her house.  They said that they didn't tell the other HWs that Denise was running late because they don't get involved that way.  They tend to let things play out.

They didn't know what to expect from the other HWs at the wedding, but are always prepared if some drama erupts!  They claim that they are usually witnessing things for the first time, such as Dorit seeing that Radar Online story.  They don't always know in advance of such things.  Dorit has Google alerts and staff to let her know if an article pops up about her.  They said the only one that doesn't do that is LVP.  Teddi is always the first to respond if producers try to get in touch with them. 

They thought that LVP and Dorit had made amends at the wedding.  The helicopter was annoying, but Denise and BP (Aaron/Big Penis) tried to ignore it and keep on going with their vows. 

There was a lot more, but nothing really juicy.  No comments on the big fight between Kyle and LVP.  

Kyle likes to buy off of a registry when buying gifts.  Dorit bought Denise a case of tequila.  They said that Kyle is the one most likely to buy something without looking at the price tag (must be nice!)  

It took only 5 minutes for Erika's look to be ruined in the 85 degree weather at the wedding. I thought she looked okay, but I know that she felt like crap with that polyester on.  Ooh, that makes my skin crawl.  😉

Edited by ChitChat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 4/2/2019 at 1:15 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

That wasn’t hurt lashing out that was a genuine self perceived “I am better then everyone around me”. Kelsey has/had the same air about him. It was a deep ingrained trait she was exhibiting and had no self awareness(or maybe she did at the time and didn’t care until the world was judging her) of what she was doing. 

I don't know much about Kesley, but I did see that with Camille. She enjoyed showing off her perfect little figure, discussed her "beautiful breasts" in front of the husbands, bragged about their lifestyle, and Kelsey's fame. I remember her saying Kyle was jealous of her and called Mauricio the local Beverly Hills realtor, compared to big, huge star Kelsey Grammar. I've never hated Camille, but some of the things she said season 1 really were not nice, and then the comments about LVP a couple episodes ago weren't the sweetest. I've never seen her as someone who's intentionally mean, but she can when be she's drunk or her feelings are hurt. I do think she's good TV, can laugh at herself, and smart enough to not keep making the same mistakes (for the most part). 

• Love 4
On April 27, 2019 at 7:07 PM, ChitChat said:

There was a special HWs edition on last night of this particular episode.  It featured sub-titles with the producers telling their version of events.

They said that once Denise and her family were ready to travel to the wedding, they were just 7 minutes away from the venue.  They said that parking is an issue for the crew whenever they film at her house.  They said that they didn't tell the other HWs that Denise was running late because they don't get involved that way.  They tend to let things play out.

They didn't know what to expect from the other HWs at the wedding, but are always prepared if some drama erupts!  They claim that they are usually witnessing things for the first time, such as Dorit seeing that Radar Online story.  They don't always know in advance of such things.  Dorit has Google alerts and staff to let her know if an article pops up about her.  They said the only one that doesn't do that is LVP.  Teddi is always the first to respond if producers try to get in touch with them. 

They thought that LVP and Dorit had made amends at the wedding.  The helicopter was annoying, but Denise and BP (Aaron/Big Penis) tried to ignore it and keep on going with their vows. 

There was a lot more, but nothing really juicy.  No comments on the big fight between Kyle and LVP.  

Kyle likes to buy off of a registry when buying gifts.  Dorit bought Denise a case of tequila.  They said that Kyle is the one most likely to buy something without looking at the price tag (must be nice!)  

It took only 5 minutes for Erika's look to be ruined in the 85 degree weather at the wedding. I thought she looked okay, but I know that she felt like crap with that polyester on.  Ooh, that makes my skin crawl.  😉

I saw this episode - one fact that tickled me was that the song they walked down the aisle to was Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.  Not my favorite song by them (it's kinda slow) but Denise earned some cool points IMO because they're my second favorite band after Queen.

• Love 2
On 3/26/2019 at 10:10 PM, Otherkate said:

PK seriously thinks only people in England say the word "nipped"? For real? And this is some sort of proof? LOL. And, btw, if she did plant the story, I still don't give a single fuck. PLANT A MILLION MORE, LISA.

Mention it all!  Mention.  It.  All.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1