Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E07: Hollywood Week (2)

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

On 3/25/2019 at 11:04 PM, incandescent said:

Get Eddie Island off my TV screen PLEASE

He’s intolerable!  I keep thinking that the real mayor of Nashville must be really annoyed!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, koloagirl said:

I love Evelyn Cormier’s voice!  

People who hate on her seem mostly hung up on the the way she was portrayed in the very scripted storyline from a few years ago on 90 Day Fiancé.  The judges have called her voice various things from Katy Perry’s “ one of the most favorite voices I have ever heard in my life” to Lionel Ritchie commenting on her being the “new Cher”.  While her voice is powerful, ethereal and angelic IMO - I am so glad she is quickly moving up the ranks!  She will be in it to the end!  And honestly folks, in regards to “90 Day”?  Where there is no drama - production steps in.  She and David are two of the nicest people ever - speaking firsthand.  Go Evelyn - all the way to the finale!

IMO it's a little unfair to say that those of us who aren't fans of her voice only dislike it because of what we saw on 90DF. And, as a matter of fact, it was the opposite for me: I watched the other show but it was her singing and voice that turned me off of her, not her personality. On that other board we've had MANY conversations about her voice and why those of us who are not fans don't like it, and it's all for musical taste reasons. Personally, I can appreciate the occasional power of her voice and even the whispery part, but after 2 or 3 songs she starts sounding the same to me and the slight yodeling sounds like howling. It is just not pleasing to my ears. It doesn't sound "ethereal and angelic" to me, it sounds a lot like my cats in heat. That's no comment on her personality. I'm sure she's a lovely person in real life. I have no doubt, however, that she'll make it to the end. The ones that I take a dislike to usually do.

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 3

I've never seen 90 Day Fiance and knew nothing about Evelyn until I read it here and I still don't like her voice. She has a guttural, froggy thing going on, like she has to swallow an air bubble, that I find really unpleasant sounding. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, librarianbeck said:

I've never seen 90 Day Fiance and knew nothing about Evelyn until I read it here and I still don't like her voice. She has a guttural, froggy thing going on, like she has to swallow an air bubble, that I find really unpleasant sounding. 

I still don't know who she is.  I don't watch the audition episodes, so I didn't see her then.  Did they show her solo?

Okay, I googled and saw that she's the one who did Wonderwall.  I liked what little they showed, but they cut it up with interview stuff, so I'd have to see more of her to decide for sure.

Edited by proserpina65
On 3/29/2019 at 7:00 AM, librarianbeck said:

I know what you mean. To me it seems like every so often she sounds like a man singing, and then it stops. It really throws me off and I don't enjoy her performances at all.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:45 AM, paul4295 said:

Does anyone know what happened to Nick Merico, the former Disney actor?  They made such a big deal about his audition, but I don't remember seeing him on the Hollywood episodes at all.

I'd like to know this too. He was truly gorgeous, and could actually sing.

ETA: I just found this: 'Nick's stay in Hollywood wasn't shown much, but he withdrew from the competition for personal reasons.' Anyone know the details?

Edited by purist
On 3/29/2019 at 10:00 AM, librarianbeck said:

It sounds like an affect to me. Like it is not actually how her voice would sound if she sang naturally and just puts it on. I don't like it at all. And I don't watch 90 Day Fiancee and had no idea she was on any other show besides this one. 

• Love 1