Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Ending

Message added by ohjoy

Please use this topic to discussion about your general speculation and thoughts on the upcoming end of the series only. Keep long discussions on other topics (overall show history, media/social media updates, Bitch vs. Jerk, etc.) to the appropriate other topic, as usual. Thank you.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

His reception of Wayward was lukewarm at best.  I think it was something like, Kathryn is a rising star and Donna is funny. 

If watching Guest star natural these last 3 seasons is what watching a spinoff would be like, I wouldn't have tuned in.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2019/08/04/supernatural-finale-special-arrow-the-cw/

It looks like they are giving SPN a tribute ep like they gave Jane the Virgin

A special like TVD had a couple years ago? Basically a little nostalgic retrospective on what happened with interviews from lots of cast and crew? That was fine, I guess, but ultimately like a DVD extra.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

A special like TVD had a couple years ago? Basically a little nostalgic retrospective on what happened with interviews from lots of cast and crew? That was fine, I guess, but ultimately like a DVD extra.

I guess it will be something like A Very Special Supernatural Special? 

From the beginning of S10?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I guess it will be something like A Very Special Supernatural Special? 

From the beginning of S10?

I can't imagine why it wouldn't go all the way back to S1.  Like the reel at SDCC.  Or the 200th special but covering the entire show.

• Useful 1
43 minutes ago, SueB said:

I can't imagine why it wouldn't go all the way back to S1.  Like the reel at SDCC.  Or the 200th special but covering the entire show.

As long as it doesn't give a 15-minute recap of the first 12 seasons and then spend the rest of the show rhapsodizing about the last three and how the show reinvented/reinvigorated itself with Jack and the new, younger characters.  Or even the oldies-but-not-very-goodies, Mary and Nickifer.  

• Love 5

Do you think that the Ackles and Padalecki households will, in a few months after March 2020, be like homes the world over - “just, please, go back to work (any work) sweetheart”?  🤪 I wouldn’t be chasing them out the door, but we don’t have to live with them!

• Love 3

So...

With some of the stuff that came out of the TCAs(especially Jensen's turnaround on it), I feel like there's a small possibility that the brothers could go out equally heroic in the end-and that's really all that's a must for me for it to be tolerable.

I'm still dreading yet another iteration of the s5 finale, though. 

So again I say it, please Chuck, anything but that. 🙏

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2019 at 1:42 AM, ukgirl71 said:

Do you think that the Ackles and Padalecki households will, in a few months after March 2020, be like homes the world over - “just, please, go back to work (any work) sweetheart”?  🤪 I wouldn’t be chasing them out the door, but we don’t have to live with them!

According to Jensen, Danneel has already given his 'retirement' an expiry date 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

"Why does Jensen keep saying that"

Brought over from the Supernormal thread.

I think he's saying that because he's trying to leave the fandom with some hope.

That most recent Access interview was pretty telling to me, but now I'm thinking that anything more I might have to say would be better off said in the spoilers and spec thread.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So I just went to look something up on The Americans forum, only to find it has been archived and the show now has one all-inclusive thread on 'Other Dramas'.  Will that also be our fate once 15x20 has aired? 😢

I also wondered what would become of us once the show ended. There is so, so much content since we've been on for so many years and have a passionate fan base. When the time comes, we'll have to ask the moderators. One way or the other, they should at least give us the summer.

• Love 5
On 7/17/2019 at 12:17 PM, Jakes said:

I get what you are saying--to me though what Jensen said is just actor boiler plate cliche to just to give nothing real away.   I think in the end 15 years was them being generous to fans and crew by even going a few more years than they ideally may have wanted...think this was a long time coming.  IMO going say beyond 11, 12 years was probably detrimental a little for them--but they liked the whole crew and fans so pushed forward a couple extra years.

They threw the lead actor's big story out because they forgot about it. That's what it looked like. They just forgot about it. They had it set up. They had connected it to season 14. And then they just forgot about it despite it being written in hundreds of books of death and fated to be. It has to be the lamest writing on record ever.

Bad writing killed the show. Jensen may not be talking however those writers are worth snide jibes and mockery.

The CW has their receipts. The fans do too. They are shameless hacks.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2019 at 8:06 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

So I just went to look something up on The Americans forum, only to find it has been archived and the show now has one all-inclusive thread on 'Other Dramas'.  Will that also be our fate once 15x20 has aired? 😢

On 8/23/2019 at 4:37 PM, FlickChick said:

I also wondered what would become of us once the show ended. There is so, so much content since we've been on for so many years and have a passionate fan base. When the time comes, we'll have to ask the moderators. One way or the other, they should at least give us the summer.

I believe it depends on how active the forum is. Once Upon a Time went off the air right around the same time as The Americans, however the OUAT forum has never been archived because people still consistently post to different topics on the forum (the OUAT forum is more active than some shows I follow that are currently on the air). So this forum won't shut down right after the series finale, but once people stop posting on a regular basis, it'll probably be archived.

I've seen a lot of theories about the ending of supernatural. Some happy ending and some not. Myself , i prefer the happy one. One  of my favourites is the one which is claiming all these event are just a dream that Sam dreaming is he is in a coma after the accident in season one finale . After reading all of these i decided to share my theory with you. ( Spoiler ahead for the one who didn't see 14th season).

As we all know , the 14th season end with God appearing again and make understand that he is playing with Sam and Dean's  lives. He killed Jack and Billi recerect him . His was so mad that he started the apocalypse. You might thinking that i believe God is the big bad of the season but i don't . I just believe that God want Jack dead because he was dangerous. Don't shout . Yes, he told Cas and Dean that he want to find a way to take his soul back or to become a better person without it. But what if God knew that Jack was lying to them . He is Lucifer's son . He maybe wasn't bad and evil with his soul but without it he could possibly be evil. His mother was human and kind but his father liked the death and torture. His soul made him human without it is just evil. His power is much more powerful than an archangel and without soul he could destroy the world. With only one word he made all people in universe to say the truth. That is my theory . I don't believe God is the bad gay but Jack . Billi don't know if he is evil or not and he recerect him.

• Love 1

My one-time unspoiled Pre-season Supernatural Ending prediction:

- Whatever happens, the boys will be together. Joint decision.  Their choice.

- If anyone dies or goes permanently away, it’s Castiel.  

- The Cosmic consequences of the series will NOT be ‘business as usual’.  Heaven is broken, Hell is broken, Purgatory seems stable, but The Empty is awake.  Right now the universe is unstable.   Something will happen that stabilizes the Universe but it won’t be a big ‘reset’ button.  

Chuck will either:

- be dead

- be not really evil

- be turned around and redeemed by the boys

- be caged up like Amara was

he won’t be screwing with the boys after the series finale.

That’s all I got.   

• Love 2

Since Comic Con was just a mixture of lies and red herrings and in light of the Premiere, I`m changing my predictions for the ending completely. No way in hell it will be joint thing with both brothers contributing equally. 

Sam has the mytharc to himself and he will conclude it by himself.  

• Useful 1

I was sad to hear it was ending, then resigned and finally relieved.  Now I wish it had been cancelled, or that they had just called a stop and not come back for S15.  Better to leave it open to our imaginations/wants for the Winchesters than to see it crapped on by Dabb and his minions.  In spite of years of stellar acting, Jared and Jensen will have this final season crapfest on their resumes.  

22 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

Out of curiosity how close to the actual date would we have to wait to get a solid air date for the final episode?
It should be around April I assume, with the same shorter season. 
I'm not in the US to I can never remember the reasons for the various hiatuses in the early new year if there are holidays, and I'm sure there has been just some random CW things that have moved it around in the past... 

A month or so would be my guess. Press releases come out three weeks prior but they are not gonna have a break in between the penultimate and final episode so I think they will at least air the last 4 or so as one consecutive block. Depends on if they are the Finale as a double-episode also. Legacies then wouldn`t get buried in the promos for "Series Finale SPN".

I think I`ve narrowed down the main differences between Jensen and Jared`s response to the Finale. Jared keeps saying he wanted them to be "done" (however that looks) at the end and Jensen said he struggled with the "finality" of it. So an open ending is out of the question IMO. 

My new crazy prediction for the final scene (which Jensen spoiled involves both brothers and the car):  they are somehow transported to the Empty WITH the car where they just both willingly fall into oblivion aka falling asleep there. 

Yes, ideally that would have some purpose but it would be both final and leave room for later revisitation. 

Maybe they are gonna tie it back to the "we got work to do" closing the trunk in the Premiere to "our work is done now". Something like that. Even if it isn`t the Empty. It`s not gonna be heaven because Jared specifically mentioned that as something he wouldn`t have liked.

Edited by Aeryn13

Not a spoiler and to be haven't even watched the last two eps.  But I do Remember Dallas ending for a really bad season and another show's ending that was funny and certainly creative.  Only mentioning for fans that are so upset with real ending you can pick your own poison below: 

Dallas / SPN ending:  Sam wakes up and Dean is in the shower, heat of the moment is playing...replace to season you want or go back to season 3... or Dean comes in and rips plug from the wall. and pointing out he is very much alive but they have a hunt to do.

Other show ending:  Sam wakes up and turns to talk to Dean, "Man that was the wackiest dream ever."  And he's back in the show Gilmore Girls and SP is playing in the background explaining why he was dreaming about this weird Hunter world.

Or create your own ending from some show in the series.  Who would you include or not?

For those that are loving the real ending and season:  Just say it's a keeper and enjoy.

So now that I have my solution in place may watch when I have time...or not and just binge watch  later. 

I know I have twisted/weird sense of humor.

Remember back at the end of "Changing Channels", Dean said that he wished their life could be a TV show. Well, the Trickster (aka Archangel Gabriel) shows up and says to them: "Well, how'd you like your life as a TV show, guys? Now go tell Chuck to tell Luci and Michael to cool it and you can go about your business." Sam and Dean look at each other and mouth "WTF". End scene. This is about what we can expect...

• Love 1

If the ending should really be something like Swan Song 2.0 with Sam making a grand gesture, sacrificing himself for the world and Dean having to learn to support Sam and his decision and in the end just, like, being there, no wonder Kripke likes it.

And Jensen doesn't. 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2019 at 4:07 PM, SueB said:

My one-time unspoiled Pre-season Supernatural Ending prediction:

- Whatever happens, the boys will be together. Joint decision.  Their choice.

- If anyone dies or goes permanently away, it’s Castiel.  

- The Cosmic consequences of the series will NOT be ‘business as usual’.  Heaven is broken, Hell is broken, Purgatory seems stable, but The Empty is awake.  Right now the universe is unstable.   Something will happen that stabilizes the Universe but it won’t be a big ‘reset’ button.  

Chuck will either:

- be dead

- be not really evil

- be turned around and redeemed by the boys

- be caged up like Amara was

he won’t be screwing with the boys after the series finale.

That’s all I got.   

The could do an Angel... IDK. I think Chuck is out as being the big bad. He was intrigued by Dean and let him change his story a couple of times in season 5. And then he answered Dean in season 11 because he needed Dean to take care of Amara. And he played him like a fiddle... telling the boy raised to carry too much on his shoulders that he is responsible for the fate of the world. Chuck is the ultimate dick.

Now Chuck is undoing Dean's changes I think which explains why new characters are dying. We are unwinding back to the original mytharc... sort of.

Sam has been powered up by the Equalizer. I think it has activated Azazel's blood. His dream was a vision that seemed to imply that he had immense demonic powers and conflate the Boy King prophecy with The End. Because he has been powered by God and both Ruby and Lilith are dead as well as Lucifer, it.appears that the latter is superfluous in this iteration of the Apocalypse. 

We know Michael was able to exit the cage. We know Dean technically has said Yes to Michael. Who knows if it is an all access pass. Billie's Books prophecy is exactly what Michael wanted to do in the Apocalypse.

Or it can be Adam again and Dean can hold strong solo with a team of ragtag hunters alone. Pretty Dark. Definitely "The End."

What Chuck did to Amara was awful too. How Chuck treated his archangels in every world... which made them all go insane and drovexthem to hate humanity... 

He is not likeable. The schlub was a facade.  Dean intrigued him and he allowed him latitude until Jack was a threat. Chuck should have killed him instead of torturing his favorite toys for drama.

If they go for stability then Amara takes over. She was never a big bad. She was mistreated and screaming for justice and to be heard. If one did not understand that in season 11 one surely should have after episode 2.

Personally I found nothing sympathetic about Chuck this season. He visited Chuck and Becky because he wanted something from them. He has no relationship with the Winchesters. They have suffered for his amusement.  He wanted Amara to heal him and he wanted Becky to worship him and believe in him. Her adoration would sustain him. He needed that power to control the Winchesters. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Here's my idea for an ending:

Chuck, unable to destroy the world on his own, sets off a Pulse that destroys all the computers and electronics.  This throws the world into chaos and allows the genetically engineered soldiers at Manticore to escape.

Sam and Dean travel to Seattle to follow up on reports of new monsters being spotted.  While fighting with one of the genetically engineered monsters, Dean is knocked down and rescued by...Alec.  They stare at each other in recognition (imagine "As Time Goes By" playing in the background).  😉  Sam wants to retire, and so Alec decides to join Dean as his new partner.  

So, in reality, Supernatural turns out to be the prequel to Dark Angel (which was, after all, set in 2019/20).  😀

(Apologies to those who never watched Dark Angel, and maybe also to those who did.)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Here's my idea for an ending:

Chuck, unable to destroy the world on his own, sets off a Pulse that destroys all the computers and electronics.  This throws the world into chaos and allows the genetically engineered soldiers at Manticore to escape.

Sam and Dean travel to Seattle to follow up on reports of new monsters being spotted.  While fighting with one of the genetically engineered monsters, Dean is knocked down and rescued by...Alec.  They stare at each other in recognition (imagine "As Time Goes By" playing in the background).  😉  Sam wants to retire, and so Alec decides to join Dean as his new partner.  

So, in reality, Supernatural turns out to be the prequel to Dark Angel (which was, after all, set in 2019/20).  😀

(Apologies to those who never watched Dark Angel, and maybe also to those who did.)

I am so here for this ending! LOL

• Love 3

I am starting to wonder if the ending isn't going to be some sort of choice for the boys, whereby they have to undo everything that has happened since Dad went on that hunting trip and didn't come home.  Like, that's when Chuck started taking notice of them so he agrees to not destroy the world, but they have to go back and undo all the good they've done/people they've saved since then. Similar to Dean seeing the alternate results of all the monsters they didn't stop when he was in the Djinn dream. I guess it will depend on if Chuck actually has manipulated every single thing in their lives, or if there was some free will involved along the way.

It's kind of an 'easy' fix for the writers, and I know for sure that Jensen wouldn't like it because I asked him a similar question once in a M&G - would he go back and let Sam kill Azazel/John in Devil's Trap if he knew what he knows now. (He wouldn't.)

eta: I know that it's out there that the resolution with Chuck won't be a 'let's talk it out' kind of thing, but maybe whatever magic/spell/event that needs to happen to take him out will involve turning back time somehow.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am starting to wonder if the ending isn't going to be some sort of choice for the boys, whereby they have to undo everything that has happened since Dad went on that hunting trip and didn't come home.  Like, that's when Chuck started taking notice of them so he agrees to not destroy the world, but they have to go back and undo all the good they've done/people they've saved since then. Similar to Dean seeing the alternate results of all the monsters they didn't stop when he was in the Djinn dream. I guess it will depend on if Chuck actually has manipulated every single thing in their lives, or if there was some free will involved along the way.

It's kind of an 'easy' fix for the writers, and I know for sure that Jensen wouldn't like it because I asked him a similar question once in a M&G - would he go back and let Sam kill Azazel/John in Devil's Trap if he knew what he knows now. (He wouldn't.)

eta: I know that it's out there that the resolution with Chuck won't be a 'let's talk it out' kind of thing, but maybe whatever magic/spell/event that needs to happen to take him out will involve turning back time somehow.

Mmmm... his original demon deal.

If Chuck is involved Sam stays dead. If Chuck is perving on Dean... that is what it will be. It will go back to some event s 2  s 5. Sam 8. Sam stays dead.

If it is arbitrary... a function of Chuck dying... then maybe they aren't hunters... or maybe John and Mary don't even meet...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Hmmmmmmmmm...

I used to think that they were headed for simply a Swan Song II or III or IV or whatever, but now I'm not so sure.

They could still do that, but with the roles reversed, too.

I'm feeling a Dean Dying type of vibe from the show right now.

Not sure why, but it feels like it felt in S3 to me.

I'm  actually ok with Dean Dying as long as he goes out heroically.

And I still feel that if Michael wanted to help in any way, he would want his True Vessel so that he would be at his strongest.

And then there is his bond with Amara...

But who am I kidding,  this is Dabbernatural and all of that canon is likely long forgotten at this point.

• Love 6

I had previously dismissed the thought of the brothers being separated at the end, especially with the last scene of just them but maybe not. Maybe the end signifies an amicable split where both are truly okay with it.

The Rowena thing introduced the thought of a "happy death", i.e. you actually die but not really and find fulfillment afterwards. I'm sure something like that could be done with Dean as I get more of a feeling he'd be the one to die right now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Hmmmmmmmmm...

I used to think that they were headed for simply a Swan Song II or III or IV or whatever, but now I'm not so sure.

They could still do that, but with the roles reversed, too.

And I still feel that if Michael wanted to help in any way, he would want his True Vessel so that he would be at his strongest.

And then there is his bond with Amara...

But who am I kidding,  this is Dabbernatural and all of that canon is likely long forgotten at this point.

He's Mr. Free Will. He is the one most upset by the puppet master aspect. He is the one Chuck is going to mess with because he's the one that goes off script and the one that does the OPT and the one that refuses to kill his brother or his son. 

So yeah... I could see Dean and Michael the two warriors with the most baggage coming to an accord to do this one thing right, Michael for heaven and Dean for his family and all families, one last time.

I can definitely see that.

I think Jensen would like that though. It makes sense for Dean to do that and for Sam to settle with a girl and get a dog.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:00 PM, Myrelle said:

Will respond is bitter spoilers

On 12/14/2019 at 7:46 PM, Castiels Cat said:

I think Jensen would like that though. It makes sense for Dean to do that and for Sam to settle with a girl and get a dog.

I don't read spoilers, so I'll just say it here - bitter or not - if Jensen would like it, it won't happen that way. Dean's always said that he wants to go out "blaze of glory", so that is exactly NOT the way the series will end. Not with Berens and Dabb running things.

• Love 1

So, they have once again pretty much renewed everything? Kinda expected to be honest. They appear to have a yearly quota of shows to end and in those cases, they announce that before the Season airs.

Might be one or two of those renewed shows get a later "final Season" declaration.

Obviously, SPN would have easily been renewed if not for the joyous cast decision last year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I've been thinking about Supernatural ending quite a bit lately. Not how they're going to show it, but how I'm feeling about losing my favorite character - Dean Fucking Winchester. Despite the writing, Jensen has managed to make Dean into such a memorable character - IMO, one for the ages. I know I can always watch the episodes again, but to not be able to see what new things Jensen could bring to Dean just makes me so very sad. In fact, I've been getting a little misty while watching some touching scenes in reruns. I can't even imagine how Jensen is going to feel walking away from this character that he brought to life. 😞

• Love 10
On 1/7/2020 at 6:16 PM, FlickChick said:

I've been thinking about Supernatural ending quite a bit lately. Not how they're going to show it, but how I'm feeling about losing my favorite character - Dean Fucking Winchester. Despite the writing, Jensen has managed to make Dean into such a memorable character - IMO, one for the ages. I know I can always watch the episodes again, but to not be able to see what new things Jensen could bring to Dean just makes me so very sad. In fact, I've been getting a little misty while watching some touching scenes in reruns. I can't even imagine how Jensen is going to feel walking away from this character that he brought to life. 😞

Even though it's past time, it did feel weird not to see Supernatural among the usual mass CW renewals. An online pal with some ties to folks in the industry stated, after the announcement was made, that were it not for the decision to call it quits, the CW had seasons 16 & 17 on the table for the show. Not surprising.

While I'm excited to see what's next for Jensen, I know I'll miss Dean Winchester a lot. He'll always be one of my absolute favorite fictional characters, and that will never change.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 1/7/2020 at 5:16 PM, FlickChick said:

IMO, one for the ages. I know I can always watch the episodes again, but to not be able to see what new things Jensen could bring to Dean just makes me so very sad. In fact, I've been getting a little misty while watching some touching scenes in reruns. I can't even imagine how Jensen is going to feel walking away from this character that he brought to life. 😞

I can imagine some of what he is going through as I'm ending a teacher career the same year that Supernatural is ending.  My life definition will have to change because I will no longer be defined as a teacher.  I don't have a clue what to do next. 

But I'm sure he'll have moments of pride, moments of sorrow and moments of excitement for what comes next.  He has support.  But the unique cast and crew experiences may be hard to duplicate.    But most actors do live for the opportunity to create something new.  So I do hope we get to see him act again.  I know he could go behind the scenes so only time will let us know where his next journey lies.

• Love 3

I agree its past time for the show to end, but it gave me this weird pang of regret not seeing it there.  Its like it finally became real.  But I am excited to see what Jensen does next.

Jensen mentioned at a con that his focus would be on camera work.  Which makes me happy.  I think that was what this weekend was all about, he was networking and making connections. 

Peter Roth,, head of WB is a big fan of Jensen which will really help him get a new project. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I agree its past time for the show to end, but it gave me this weird pang of regret not seeing it there.  Its like it finally became real.  But I am excited to see what Jensen does next.

Jensen mentioned at a con that his focus would be on camera work.  Which makes me happy.  I think that was what this weekend was all about, he was networking and making connections.

Jensen has said more than once that his primary interest is in acting. Sure, he can do voice work and direction, and he'll do both again at some point. But he made it clear at one of the recent cons that the meetings in LA were for future acting roles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I always thought it would end with an "it was all just a game" thing, but not like this. I thought it was going to show the characters as a game group that meets every week to play Supernatural. They are passionate about it, and have kept the game going for 15 years. 

I literally could picture them doing a flash back to how to started, with brothers Dean and a then in college Sam deciding to get together once a week to stay connected. Along the way they had a friend who was on the spectrum, Cas, join the group. He didn't play an angel well, but they went with it because they loved Cas. Then Crowley joined, and their core four was set. Other characters who came and went throughout the years were their other friends who dropped in and out of the game, but Sam and Dean always stayed consistent. 

That was my happy ending to the show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Harleycat said:

I always thought it would end with an "it was all just a game" thing, but not like this. I thought it was going to show the characters as a game group that meets every week to play Supernatural. They are passionate about it, and have kept the game going for 15 years. 

I literally could picture them doing a flash back to how to started, with brothers Dean and a then in college Sam deciding to get together once a week to stay connected. Along the way they had a friend who was on the spectrum, Cas, join the group. He didn't play an angel well, but they went with it because they loved Cas. Then Crowley joined, and their core four was set. Other characters who came and went throughout the years were their other friends who dropped in and out of the game, but Sam and Dean always stayed consistent. 

That's kind of along the lines of the "St. Elsewhere" ending.  And I can see Dabb thinking it's bold and original.  😞

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ahrtee said:

That's kind of along the lines of the "St. Elsewhere" ending.  And I can see Dabb thinking it's bold and original.  😞

Dunno, I've never seen it. But it seems like the logical end to a series that basically reads like a table top role playing game to me.

17 hours ago, Harleycat said:

If it ends that way, I will throw things, and write letters.  It would be the worst ending EVER.  No thank you.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I will join you on your quest to hunt Dabb down.

Keep a spot for me! I so had wished that he would be removed as showrunner by the network - realizing what a hack he is. 🙂

On another note, I read somewhere that there is a possibility of a writers' strike in early Spring. If that happened, would SN be finished filming? If not, how would that affect the ending?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Keep a spot for me! I so had wished that he would be removed as showrunner by the network - realizing what a hack he is. 🙂

On another note, I read somewhere that there is a possibility of a writers' strike in early Spring. If that happened, would SN be finished filming? If not, how would that affect the ending?

yes.  The show finishes filming in early April.   IIRC, April 9th is the last day.

Just now, ILoveReading said:

yes.  The show finishes filming in early April.   IIRC, April 9th is the last day.

OK, but what would happen if they decided to strike in mid-March? That's early Spring. I wonder why they are dragging out the filming a little more than last season. We had our season finale in mid-April.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

OK, but what would happen if they decided to strike in mid-March? That's early Spring. I wonder why they are dragging out the filming a little more than last season. We had our season finale in mid-April.

Filming started 2 weeks later than it normally does and they had 3 weeks off over Christmas rather than 2.  .

I think if there is a strike they can film what they have written but Im not 100 %sure on that.

• Useful 1