Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Ending

Message added by ohjoy

Please use this topic to discussion about your general speculation and thoughts on the upcoming end of the series only. Keep long discussions on other topics (overall show history, media/social media updates, Bitch vs. Jerk, etc.) to the appropriate other topic, as usual. Thank you.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Or showing up just in time to be the hero and save those poor hapless Winchesters...then get killed.

In the manner that will most effectively heap guilt on Dean (or Sam).

Gah. I hope with all my heart we're wrong and they give Dean, Sam and Cas the ending they, and we, deserve.

Half the replies to Michaels are bemoaning the lack of Wayward Whatevers and imploring that they all have a part in the final season. JFC, people - it didn't get picked up for a reason. Let it go. I do hope to see Jody and Donna, but I sincerely hope they forget any of the rest of them ever existed (including Claire).

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

In the manner that will most effectively heap guilt on Dean (or Sam).

Gah. I hope with all my heart we're wrong and they give Dean, Sam and Cas the ending they, and we, deserve.

Half the replies to Michaels are bemoaning the lack of Wayward Whatevers and imploring that they all have a part in the final season. JFC, people - it didn't get picked up for a reason. Let it go. I do hope to see Jody and Donna, but I sincerely hope they forget any of the rest of them ever existed (including Claire).

Yeah, that made me want to barf.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Especially Claire.  Apparently Kathryn is lobbying to bring back her "fan favorite" character.

ICK!! I'm sorry I even read that! She's so friendly with Reese etc, I'm surprised she cares about Supernatural.

I loved everything about Big Little Lies, except the scenes with Kathryn Newton. Every time she does that pouty face I want to smack her!

Sorry, got carried away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I thought Jensen seemed incredibly wistful while he was performing Heaven on stage at the concert. 

I honestly feel like Dean, at least, is going to "die" in the end.

I think that they are both going to die in the finale - saving the world one last time. Thus, "peace when you are done". But who knows? Maybe being wistful because the end is becoming more real now.

• Love 3
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

But if they die*, then there's no movie, no nothing. It's really over.

*I say this because I don't think even Supernatural would negate an emotional series-ender like that.

Unpopular, I know but I don't want a movie when mostly likely, Dabb or B/RL would be in charge.  Its time to let it go.

But even if they did die, death is kind of a joke to that doesn't mean they can't come back if there is a movie.

Someone even asked at JIB con, with the amount of times Sam and Dean have died and come back and have been to heaven, hell and everything in between, what ending could they come up with that we would believe?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I honestly don’t even know what I want at this point for the finale.  I don’t think they would do happy, but maybe content? What could possibly be satisfying? Maybe Cas becomes human, no more angels or demons...and Sam, Dean, and Cas just continue living in the bunker and fighting earthly monsters a la the first few seasons. Nothing epic, nothing they can’t handle- just good old fashioned monsters...but first they go to the beach. 😃

(edited)

"And how you tried to make it work
Did you really think it could
How you tried to make it last
Did you really think it would
Like a guest who stayed too long
Now it's finally time to leave
Yes, it's finally time to leave
Take it calmly and serene
It's the famous final scene"

SAM: Is everything a Bob Seger song to you?

DEAN: Yes. 

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

"And how you tried to make it work
Did you really think it could
How you tried to make it last
Did you really think it would
Like a guest who stayed too long
Now it's finally time to leave
Yes, it's finally time to leave
Take it calmly and serene
It's the famous final scene"

SAM: Is everything a Bob Seger song to you?

DEAN: Yes. 

They already used that song for after Kevin being killed by Gadreel, during Dean's grief scene.  So hopefully, they won't do that again. 

I really hope they find a way to get even two bars of Stairway to Heaven.  I think J2 would even pony up the money to make that happen. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

They already used that song for after Kevin being killed by Gadreel, during Dean's grief scene.  So hopefully, they won't do that again. 

I really hope they find a way to get even two bars of Stairway to Heaven.  I think J2 would even pony up the money to make that happen. 

I knew they used it already though I couldn't remember when. 

I was making a comment on the end of the show,  not saying they should use the song.     🙁

I'm hoping they love their characters enough (I think that's a given) and are pragmatic enough, given the revivals of numerous other shows via Netflix etc., to leave the door open for a limited run revisit somewhere in the future.  Who knows though, but it's fun speculating!  That being said, I'm excited for the actors themselves and looking forward to seeing where the next stage of their lives takes them, from taking time out with their families onwards.

• Love 2

The only thing I don't want is Dean crying over Sam dying yet again and some more.

That has been done to death, IMO, and no matter how well Jensen still sells it, that ending would suck out loud to me because of the utter redundancy of it all-so anything but that is all I ask.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

The only thing I don't want is Dean crying over Sam dying yet again and some more.

That has been done to death, IMO, and no matter how well Jensen still sells it, that ending would suck out loud to me because of the utter redundancy of it all-so anything but that is all I ask.

Unless they do it a la Jensen's dream. It could be a fade to black after the final battle, outcome unknown, then a slow reveal of Dean trading the keys to the Impala for that bike and riding off down the highway alone, no dialogue or tears, just music. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Unless they do it a la Jensen's dream. It could be a fade to black after the final battle, outcome unknown, then a slow reveal of Dean trading the keys to the Impala for that bike and riding off down the highway alone, no dialogue or tears, just music. 

I've honestly always felt that Dean was the tragic hero of this show, while Sam was the Campbellian hero.

I even remember feeling that they were going to kill Dean off early in the series and wanted to, but soon realized that the series would have died with him if they had done that. 

But I've still always felt that if one was going to decide to try and go it alone, it would be Sam, not Dean-Jensen's dream notwithstanding. 

That said, I honestly feel that they're actually going to end it with the brothers' fates being the same-for better or worse; alive or dead. The ultimate fanservice ending, IMO, for a show that has thrived on that concept since the early years, with the present set of writers and showrunners taking it to new lows.

I honestly don't expect much from them, even with the Js having their input and giving it their seal of approval-although I didn't watch the panel so I'm not even sure of their individual reactions when the subject was brought up then. 

• Love 1

Somehow I don`t think they`ll be doing "one brother this/one brother that" in the Series Finale. Either they both die or they both live or they do like the Angel Series Finale with a kind of open-ended charging into battle. 

• Love 5

To be clear, that's not what I think will happen, nor what I want to happen, just saying it's one ending I could live with.

*waves to @catrox14* I have believed for a long while now that Dean will die (for reals). I'm a little less confident in that belief now that the end date has been set, but it still wouldn't surprise me. *If* they are not open-ending it "We've got work to do" style, then I can't see them leaving Dean and/or Sam alive in the world. We know that humans don't become angels, so that's out, but it would be cool if they somehow became something 'other'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But if they die*, then there's no movie, no nothing. It's really over.

*I say this because I don't think even Supernatural would negate an emotional series-ender like that.

I suspect that is the plan - to end the series, no movie, no nothing. I think that Dabb's showrunning killed any interest in going forward in any manner, shape, or form. JMO

• Love 5

I want to want Heaven to collapse and for everyone to get one last shot at Armageddon. But I don't want Dabb to ruin Ellen, Jo, Kevin, the real Bobby, Ash, or any of the others. I don't want Crowley coming back and not being King of Hell. I wouldn't go to a movie if it is Dabb's version of things. I think that the natural order is going to be Sam and/or Dean die and stay dead this time. No making deals to get out of it. People live, they fulfill whatever, then they die. I hope that they don't go with the full destruction of everything. 

And I don't want it to be Dean uses a dragon to destroy it all. (OK- hiding under a table for that.) I hope it is a satisfying ending that is deserved. But I am not going to hold my breath. I think I'm going to get stuck with Nickifer and Jack band together to take out God, and the Winchester boys getting a few minutes of screen time. 

• Love 2

Why i'm predicting Dean and Sam survive the series--Jared in Dallas said, "Hopefully we're saying see you later to our characters not bye."

We know the boys know the ending--I don't think Jared would say that if the boys are killed off.  It's never good to tell Jared a secret.  So i'm all in on this--the boys survive.  Will Cas too?  I'm leaning to yes though he could also sacrifice himself for the boys.  I would love the last scene of the 3 be hanging out casually on a beach.

• Love 2

I've got to confess that I had hoped that Jared and Jensen would be a little more involved with the development of the season story line and series conclusion than the 'couple of hours' they spent with Dabb and the writers would seem to suggest.  I think there will be a lot of disappointment if they simply told them what they'd like to see and now are trusting them to deliver it.

• Love 2

Honestly I don't see the point in having them die either way. Heaven and Hell don't want them. Purgatory was too much fun for Dean so it's not like there is really "peace when they are done" because they are NEVER done. 

The problem is with the current PTB not caring about anything except fan service and ego stroking there is literally nothing to really hope for at this point because there are no risks they are willing to take so ultimately it doesn't matter what they do. They will negate everything in the end for a big BM to end all BM moments that's the only thing that is guaranteed under this regime. Because that's what the twits and the tumbees will be crying for.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

open-ending it "We've got work to do" style

I could see the final shot echoing the first season with the camera in the Impala's trunk, Dean and Sam pull out some weapons and slam the trunk closed.  Dark screen.  The end.

I do want Dean to make it to the Grand Canyon before the end of the show.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Res said:

Honestly I don't see the point in having them die either way. Heaven and Hell don't want them. Purgatory was too much fun for Dean so it's not like there is really "peace when they are done" because they are NEVER done. 

I thought they were slated for the Empty?  (Although what I thought that was and Dabb's interpretation are very different.)

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Frost said:

I do want Dean to make it to the Grand Canyon before the end of the show.

In my elaborate ending scenario - which I wrote out the details of somewhere on this board before we had this thread - Dean doesn't make it to the Grand Canyon, but he experiences it in heaven (because in my scenario they go to heaven.) This happens, because in my scenario, after Dean dies fighting some epic battle with Sam, Sam continues on for a little while, but not only to continue hunting for a bit, but to make sure to do the things he knew Dean wanted to do - go to the Grand Canyon, go to the Netherlands, maybe even go to Yemen (because it's funny, and entirely Sam's humor) - so that when he also dies and connects back with Dean in heaven they can experience it together through Sam's memories.

I imagined the final scene happening something like this:

Sam follows the road in heaven and finds Dean in the field of fireworks. They reconnect and after a moment, hug. There would be a brief conversation about how Sam ended up there with Dean finally saying:

Dean: Well, we have forever. Eventually I'm gonna get bored. Have 'ta cause some trouble. Not yet though. I wanna enjoy this. We earned that.
Sam: Sounds good.
Dean: What should we do first?
Sam: How about The Netherlands?
Dean: We never made it to the Netherlands, remember.
Sam: But I did. I even made sure to go to your coffee shops without coffee. Or there's the Grand Canyon, a beach in the Cayman Islands, fishing in Costa Rica. We'll do it all.
Dean: That's ...awesome.
Sam: I know. I'm an awesome brother. Dean gives him a look. Where to first?
Dean: How about an amazing diner I know first to get some awesome pie? Or maybe New Orleans for some beignets. I've got places to take you, too. But we should probably start slow, not burn through 'em all at once.
Sam: Good plan. But, don't worry. We've got a lot of choices.
Dean: Yeah?
Sam: Yeah.
And as they walk towards the Impala to go down the road. Dean can be heard saying "I think you're gonna like New Orleans, Sammy." And Sam replies, with a wry smile "Yeah? Well, wait 'til you see Yemen."

The End

A movie or limited series would come from when they got bored. I'd love for them to band together with Ash and Charlie and Bobby and cause problems in heaven. There could be a spin off sort of where Ash, Bobby, Charlie, and ooh, Rufus would help reconnect souls that have been separated and generally cause trouble up in heaven, and Sam and Dean could help out once in a while.

Edited by AwesomO4000
I forgot New Orleans
  • Love 3
On 6/24/2019 at 5:09 PM, Jakes said:

Why i'm predicting Dean and Sam survive the series--Jared in Dallas said, "Hopefully we're saying see you later to our characters not bye."

We know the boys know the ending--I don't think Jared would say that if the boys are killed off.  It's never good to tell Jared a secret.  So i'm all in on this--the boys survive.  Will Cas too?  I'm leaning to yes though he could also sacrifice himself for the boys.  I would love the last scene of the 3 be hanging out casually on a beach.

Me too

I’m voting for the ending for the brothers in Lyra_wing’s “Dust in the Wind.”  

Spoiler

Two of the new American gods, of the road and the hunt.  And the Impala makes three!

Spoiler

Oops, I don’t know how that second spoiler tag opened and I can’t seem to get it closed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Hide contents

Two of the new American gods, of the road and the hunt.  And the Impala makes three!

Hide contents

Oops, I don’t know how that second spoiler tag opened and I can’t seem to get it closed. 

Kinda what I meant by them becoming 'other'. It could be so cool if they really used their imaginations.

• Love 3

Given Berens, and even more depressingly, Dabb and his sycophant/Twitter mouthpiece are involved, I suspect this is going to be less of a tribute to the Winchesters and their legacy and more of a desperate, last ditch effort to get their spin off.

I sincerely hope that Jensen and Jared care as much about the boys' legacy as they seem to, and that they have some sway over this final season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Given Berens, and even more depressingly, Dabb and his sycophant/Twitter mouthpiece are involved, I suspect this is going to be less of a tribute to the Winchesters and their legacy and more of a desperate, last ditch effort to get their spin off.

I sincerely hope that Jensen and Jared care as much about the boys' legacy as they seem to, and that they have some sway over this final season.

Spin off? Surely they aren't trying to get a show with Jack as the lead. Doing what? When are these supremely stupid writers going to get it through their thick skulls that the success of Supernatural can't be cloned; that its success is due to Jensen and Jared with a dash of Misha. If Berens wastes this final season chasing that stupid dream instead of focusing on Sam and Dean, I'll be pissed beyond words. I agree with your hope that Jensen and Jared have some say/pull.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Spin off? Surely they aren't trying to get a show with Jack as the lead. Doing what? When are these supremely stupid writers going to get it through their thick skulls that the success of Supernatural can't be cloned; that its success is due to Jensen and Jared with a dash of Misha. If Berens wastes this final season chasing that stupid dream instead of focusing on Sam and Dean, I'll be pissed beyond words. I agree with your hope that Jensen and Jared have some say/pull.

I don't believe they've given up on the Waywards - especially with the echo chamber of Twitter constantly telling them how wonderful they are. By they I mean Dabb and Berens, not the network/studio. I think it's been Dabb's goal from the moment he became showrunner, and he'll burn the place to the ground chasing after it.

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't believe they've given up on the Waywards - especially with the echo chamber of Twitter constantly telling them how wonderful they are. By they I mean Dabb and Berens, not the network/studio. I think it's been Dabb's goal from the moment he became showrunner, and he'll burn the place to the ground chasing after it.

If they didn't pick up Waywards last season, and instead chose a Originals spin-off, then it's not going to happen period!

I can't express how depressing this is. And as far as I'm concerned, he's already burned the place to the ground. Dabb's the reason that the show is ending this season. I'm convinced that Jensen made the call after they screwed his storyline over again. He just had to convince Jared it was time to go, IMO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

If they didn't pick up Waywards last season, and instead chose a Originals spin-off, then it's not going to happen period!

I can't express how depressing this is. And as far as I'm concerned, he's already burned the place to the ground. Dabb's the reason that the show is ending this season. I'm convinced that Jensen made the call after they screwed his storyline over again. He just had to convince Jared it was time to go, IMO.

I don't think it's going to happen either,  but I don't think that'd stop the assholes from trying. I'm in agreement that Dabb is responsible for them pulling the plug. 

• Love 2

From another thread, quoting Kripke:

“But I would love to talk to them about the finale. … Just from hearing from the fans, I at least want to have a couple of conversations with those guys and make sure that we send Sam and Dean off into the sunset in a way that makes everybody happy.”

Sounds to me like he's as worried as us about what Singer & Dabb will do to the Winchesters in the finale.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Hide contents

Reveal spoiler

Yep, I've wanted that pretty much since I read that story. 🙂  It just seems fitting.

• Love 1

Depressing thought for the day...

It's almost (okay entirely) unbearable that Andrew Dabb is going to write the Series Finale of Supernatural.  Or worse it's going to be another "collaborative" effort from about 20 people.

Jensen and Jared aside.....WE just don't deserve this.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Depressing thought for the day...

It's almost (okay entirely) unbearable that Andrew Dabb is going to write the Series Finale of Supernatural.  Or worse it's going to be another "collaborative" effort from about 20 people.

Jensen and Jared aside.....WE just don't deserve this.

Sigh.

I don't know when I've ever felt so conflicted over anything that wasn't 'real life'. I hate what the show has become under Dabb, and yet I find myself so sad thinking I won't ever see Dean Winchester again. It is monumentally unfair that Dabb is the one who gets to take this show out, when he's largely, if not wholly, responsible for its demise.

You're so right. WE deserve a great ending, and so do Dean and Sam.

• Love 10
On 6/27/2019 at 1:53 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

.I don't think it's going to happen either,  but I don't think that'd stop the assholes from trying. I'm in agreement that Dabb is responsible for them pulling the plug. 

I think that actors who would quit only because they don’t like one  storyline in a 14 season show would be very childish. If that would be the case, Jared would already have quit after the season 8 Amelia desaster. Jared and Jensen are more professional than that. 

I think the reason for ending it is that they want to have more time for their families. Since the announcement that the 14th season would be shortened, I had guessed that the 15th season would be the last.  Playing one character for 15 years is a long time. We should be grateful for their efforts, and no, we don‘t deserve anything.

• Useful 1
(edited)
44 minutes ago, NougatJack said:

I think that actors who would quit only because they don’t like one  storyline in a 14 season show would be very childish. If that would be the case, Jared would already have quit after the season 8 Amelia desaster. Jared and Jensen are more professional than that. 

I think the reason for ending it is that they want to have more time for their families. Since the announcement that the 14th season would be shortened, I had guessed that the 15th season would be the last.  Playing one character for 15 years is a long time. We should be grateful for their efforts, and no, we don‘t deserve anything.

On second thought, I will take it to BvJ.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 hour ago, NougatJack said:

think that actors who would quit only because they don’t like one  storyline in a 14 season show would be very childish. If that would be the case, Jared would already have quit after the season 8 Amelia desaster. Jared and Jensen are more professional than that. 

I don't think I've heard anyone say that they're quitting because of one storyline.  However, 3+ years of steadily decreasing quality in the writing--especially the characterizations and storylines--should indicate to anyone who cares about quality that the end *should* be nigh.  

IIRC, Jensen said (as recently as the 300th episode celebration) that they'll stay as long as the stories are there.  I'd guess from the last few years that they feel the writers/showrunners have run out of Winchester stories, at least.  There may still be Jack/WS stories, but the Js aren't necessarily a part of those and they have no obligation to stick around for them.  More time with their families is a bonus, but not the only reason to leave.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, NougatJack said:

I think that actors who would quit only because they don’t like one  storyline in a 14 season show would be very childish. If that would be the case, Jared would already have quit after the season 8 Amelia disaster. Jared and Jensen are more professional than that. 

Well it's more than just one season under Dabb.  There was the ridiculous mess that was the S11 finale, the Team America marionette show that was the season 13 finale, the dropped story line for Jensen in S14 and ratings that have plummeted under Dabb's tenure.  Why do you think Jensen wants Kripke, Edlund, Thompson and even Carver and Gamble to come back this season?  Right now they are hoping to go out with as much dignity as possible and they know that isn't possible with the current producers.

• Love 13