Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Ending

Message added by ohjoy

Please use this topic to discussion about your general speculation and thoughts on the upcoming end of the series only. Keep long discussions on other topics (overall show history, media/social media updates, Bitch vs. Jerk, etc.) to the appropriate other topic, as usual. Thank you.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

I predict that it ends with the bunker being destroyed, and Dean closing the Impala's trunk and telling Sam 'We've got work to do.'  Just seems like a nice bookend, plus leaves the door open for a movie which both the J's have expressed interest in.

I hope that not only do they get somebody competent to run, write, direct and edit the last season, but also that the J's modify their contract so that for the last four episodes at least, the story can focus exclusively on the brothers.  They can't do that with them only working 3 days a week.

I like that.  Simple, to the point, full circle.  And it's not really an ending, just a new beginning but a new beginning into something we kind of know and them together.

• Love 4

My poor wifey is devastated. I feel bad for her, as I'm sure many other fans feel the same way.

Tbh I've suspected that season 15 would be the last for awhile now. I remember back when they talked about possibly ending it with 300 episodes. Then there was J2 wanting more time off to be with their families, and this shortened season. Seemed like the writing was on the wall.

Also, as much as I enjoy the boys' acting, I've ben pretty checked out and non-invested in the storylines for a few seasons now, even though I keep watching cos my wife loves it so much. The storylines have potential but they always end up so bland and underdeveloped (I cherish the few moments we got with MichaelDean). 

If I could have one single wish for the last season, it would be for it to focus more on the boys kicking ass and not having contrived, childish angst between them.

• Love 8
Just now, juppschmitz said:

I really don't care what they're going to do from here on out. For me the show ended with Dean and Amara in that garden, but before Amara brought back Mary.

Depending on where it goes, I might need to find my own personal "Finale" too. The show presents more than enough opportunities for it. Right now it could be the end of "Nihilism". Open-ended but I like it. 

What`s kind of crazy is that with SPN ending, the last of the WB shows will be gone. I mean, it only ran one Season on the network but it still is technically a WB show. Survived the network collapsing by 14 years.

Shows (on the CW and otherwise) started and ended during SPN`s run. I think a show like Heroes did so twice, 

CW is also losing quite a bit of weight now, several shows ending this year, now some of their oldest next year. And no real new breakout in sight, really. Yes, Flash is doing well but it`s getting old and shedding viewers, too. The network had several small hit shows but nothing currently on the horizon. And SPN was their most dependable workhorse ever. It stayed stable when all other shows collapsed,   

All that has me convinced it was in no way the network or the studio but solely J2. Unless they wanted a million per episode which I don`t think was the case.

• Love 5

They should get rid of everybody that wasn’t there in the very beginning. They need to focus on Sam and Dean and how it’s been only them 2 from the beginning and that’s how the show should end. 

• Love 4

I also thought the end was coming when Creation tested doing Supernatural cons without Jared and Jensen to see if ticket would sell.

I'm not sure what creation thought of overall sales since they seem to only being doing one, J2less con and its only 2 days, not 3. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Depending on where it goes, I might need to find my own personal "Finale" too. T

Right now, as weird as it sounds, my personal finale is Regarding Dean. That closing montage felt like an in memorium moment than just fun.

• Love 5

I'm not crying, I'll save that for the last few episodes of s. 15.

I am relieved that J2 have pulled the plug. I watched seasons 1-2 ahead of the 300th episode and was so, so, so disappointed with what Dabb and Singer did. Even with Jeffrey Dean Morgan it was obvious to me that Jared and Jensen are the only ones who care about the quality of the show. The creative team are just crap and have been for a couple years; it's embarrassing to watch. [Carver please come back, I'm sorry about all those things I thought about you!!!]

My only hope is that CW will give them the budget to create something memorable in S. 15.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ninamags said:

They should get rid of everybody that wasn’t there in the very beginning. They need to focus on Sam and Dean and how it’s been only them 2 from the beginning and that’s how the show should end. 

While I understand this opinion, especially the symmetry (and appreciate it in a way, honestly), I don't agree.

I think Cas has earned his place in the series finale, having been in the series for over a decade. Plus, they've grown so much from those young boys in the early days that trying to replicate it for "emotion" sake pulls me out of the episode because I feel the irritating strings being attached. Attach the strings through good writing and not gimmicks or sentimentality as I'm actually an intelligent viewer who isn't going to let you play me, writers!

I would just rather they focus on a WELL written finale that makes sense than one that focus on the brothers for "feelings" and "emotion" sake because that would bore me. This is supposed to be an action fantasy/sci-fi show, NOT a DRAMA. Stop making it into a soap opera, especially for the series finale! Go out like Angel, not Buffy! That makes more sense to me than just a brothers episode for the sake of brothers as over the course of the series the "family don't end in blood" has also been a huge part of this fandom. 

Edited by Res
  • Love 3

In response to a post about having a brothers only series finale to match the series opener (carried over from another thread):

While I understand this opinion, especially the symmetry (and appreciate it in a way, honestly), I don't agree.

I think Cas has earned his place in the series finale, having been in the series for over a decade. Plus, they've grown so much from those young boys in the early days that trying to replicate it for "emotion" sake pulls me out of the episode because I feel the irritating strings being attached. Attach the strings through good writing and not gimmicks or sentimentality as I'm actually an intelligent viewer who isn't going to let you play me, writers!

I would just rather they focus on a WELL written finale that makes sense than one that focus on the brothers for "feelings" and "emotion" sake because that would bore me. This is supposed to be an action fantasy/sci-fi show, NOT a DRAMA. Stop making it into a soap opera, especially for the series finale! Go out like Angel, not Buffy! That makes more sense to me than just a brothers episode for the sake of brothers as over the course of the series the "family don't end in blood" has also been a huge part of this fandom. 

That would be my 1st option for an ending but the other 2 would be:

2. If you want to go the Buffy route, Sam takes over MoL training for new hunters and Dean takes over combat training. They both run phones and the hunter network with occasional back up from Cas who is helping them and Jack who, having become full angel without a soul, is assisting Cas in running Heaven with Anael as a three-way government type system. Lucifer was completely annihilated in the series finale.

3. Dean dies/is sacrificed permanently without any way of resurrection in the finale battle. Cas and Anael return to Heaven permanently to fix and maintain it. Perpetually blessed by the angels now, Sam runs into Amelia (or whoever) and gets to have his perfect life, relating the rest of the Winchester Gospels in memory of his brother, either in books or to his kids. (This one I've had since season 5).

Edited by Res
  • Love 4

It depends on the mess they end with in Season 14.  I want to see badass Dean fighting the good fight.  Cas being needed and Sam working with his brother.  How they end, I'm open. 

I'm afraid all the things that some of us have been complaining about won't get any better.  I wish someone would step in but I'm wondering if the last season will go out with a whimper instead of a bang.  I've seen many great series end.  Most don't do it justice but a few have.  I wish that Supernatural goes out with a bang and for us longing for more.  I don't want to see it limp to the end.

I don't need a big bad but I'm not sure the current writing team has a plan or a workable plan.  With this announcement, I wonder how long they have known?  Has it changed the direction at all?

I know Misha is hinting at some epic ending but all of the big twists have gone nowhere for a while now. 

Funny how we complained about Carver and I doubt he'd return, but Dabb's visions have fallen short for me...I wish I could guess about a direction but will have to see if they can even end this season with any sort of satisfaction...

I still haven't watched this week's show, but is all we have to look forward too, will Jack go bad or not?  Will Nick/Lucifer really die or be another illusion so he can return?  Does Sam, Dean and Cas even have a storyline in their OWN show?  I've been watching since the end of season 3.  I don't mind a show growing, MASH did it well.  

Was the question who would Jared and Jensen like to see return due to the fact that they knew that season 15 was going to be the end?  I hope that if Dabb has bad feelings about not getting his spin-off that he will be professional enough to do the series right in ending it.   I have a lot of questions, but not enough spoilers to answer any of them...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I just hope that with it being their final season of the series the Js and Misha have some input that is actually listened to in regards to the direction the story will take and how the series will end. I sincerely doubt this will happen, especially if Singer and Dabb are still in charge, but it should. After all, the actors are the ones who know these characters best and should have some say in the end and ending of them.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, marinite said:

I think he is such a phenomenal actor and I really hope he continues even though he has a lot of side things going on like the brewery 

I think there are too many fingers in the pie for the brewery to be a factor, unless they expand of course (as seems to be in the works). Still, I don't think that will be creative enough to satisfy him. I don't know if a big movie career is in the cards for him, but he is too good an actor not to be offered something post-SPN. Having a built in fandom doesn't hurt either, nor does his sterling reputation for work ethic and generally being loved and respected by his peers. I know we'll see him again.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

I disagree, it's obvious Jensen's eyes are red too.  Plus his body language(he's hugging his body, a method of self-comfort or self protection) and you can see from the end of the first video and the start of the second that Jensen stops at the end of the first and bites the top of his finger, which he is doing at the very start of the second video, that's because he's trying to keep from getting overly emotional.  I don't think I saw anything about him being almost "high" about it.  I saw someone who trying to keep it together so they didn't all desolve in a puddle while trying to make this announcement.

It's kind of funny it reminds of an old website where they did a blog post about how even when Dean's "cries ugly" (they were talking about Dean's hell revelation in Season 4), he still looks great.  And that was "ugly crying", in that scene Dean twisted up his face, his face got red, we know Jensen himself was genuinely getting quite upset because they talked about how he had to go "walk it off" for quite a while afterwards.  Don't take the fact that Jensen still looks put together to mean he's less affected, it's just how he looks. 

So, I saw the vid on twitter within 2 minutes of it being posted.  Been holding my peace for personal reasons (I will not blubber to my friends on the boards, I WILL NOT).  But srsly, yeah, I think Jensen was the spokesperson by virtue of being the only one to be able to hold it together, as in he kept his voice from cracking a little bit longer than Jared and Misha did.

My suspicion is that they've been going back and forth between them all with "I'm ready to be done," and the others shoring them up so they last a little longer for a while now.

All the good reasons/speculation here rings true.  And I suspect that when the post mortem oral history comes down it will be a combination of all the little things.  Family time, work burn out, wanting to do something new, dissatisfaction with elements of the stories/acting opportunities, etc. 

I think someone else pointed it out but I can't find the thread, at Nashville Jensen did make the comment about making a list that Dabb asked for but then wondering to himself why bother because Dabb would do what he wants anyway.  From what I've seen of Jenson's personal appearances, this was quite a big thing for him to drop.  He is always the consummate professional.  He even had a little flash of an inward pointing grimace after saying that, as if it popped out before he could filter the thought.  

I also agree that in yesterday's vid Jensen's body language spoke far more than his words.  As did Jared's and Misha's. Jensen did have that little self-comfort hug thing going on.  Never seen him do that before.  Jared couldn't even look at the camera part of the time, it was obvious avoidance.  

Anyway, at least there are lots of episodes to look back on and hope that they will do something great for S15 and finish it up well.  I am going to hope for that and send some good thoughts into the universe, and feed that karma bitch so she will cull the deadwood so it will happen.  And a little hoodoo can't hurt, right?

So, group hug peeps.  Lots of group hugs.  And if you indulge in twitter, check out #SupernaturalGaveMe

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Ninamags said:

Yes! ”Dust  in the Wind” for the ending song would be amazing !!  

The end, not the first part of the show.  

Someone else mentioned  it in another thread 🙄🙄

I thought the same thing but I’m an old highlander fan.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ninamags said:

Yes! ”Dust  in the Wind” for the ending song would be amazing !!  

The end, not the first part of the show.  

Someone else mentioned  it in another thread 🙄🙄

Or they could have it as an end credit scene with the brothers waking up in the "Mystery Spot" to it. LoL!

Or the Empty! I can see Dean's expression right now! "Seriously?!!!"

Edited by Res
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Do you know what year group picture this was?  

There is a tweet with Jason Fischer that says season 14 cast and crew?

/twitter.com/JasonFischer77/status/1068874774074482688

I just googled group pictures with cast and crew of supernatural and that is what I found...

10 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

There is a tweet with Jason Fischer that says season 14 cast and crew?

/twitter.com/JasonFischer77/status/1068874774074482688

I just googled group pictures with cast and crew of supernatural and that is what I found...

Thanks.  I was just wondering because I wasn't sure.  I know they take a group shot every year.

11 hours ago, auntvi said:

My only hope is that CW will give them the budget to create something memorable in S. 15.

You don't need a big budget to create something memorable.

All you need is capable actors and good writers.

Sadly, of the first, they have one, and the second zero.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Cambion said:

I think someone else pointed it out but I can't find the thread, at Nashville Jensen did make the comment about making a list that Dabb asked for but then wondering to himself why bother because Dabb would do what he wants anyway.  From what I've seen of Jenson's personal appearances, this was quite a big thing for him to drop.  He is always the consummate professional.  He even had a little flash of an inward pointing grimace after saying that, as if it popped out before he could filter the thought.  

Having got over my rather unpleasant first reaction i.e. blaming I do of course understand that there are a lot of reasons why Jensen, Jared and Misha have called time and that it must be extremely hard on all of them to have made this decision.

I have given little credence to those who have felt that Dabb had it “in” for Jensen as the writing has seemed to me to be just as bad for Sam and Castiel, in fact in general just bad! I am intrigued however with Cambion's comment concerning Nashville con, do others have any more info on this?

Just from my perspective in relation to those who have been wishing Jensen left ages ago and got other acting jobs, I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman but although I tried to like other roles he was in I couldn't relate to him in them. I loved Russell Crowe in Gladiator but the same happened i.e. didn't enjoy him in other roles. I absolutely loved Angel and thought when it ended I would follow David Boreanaz on an on but again I just found the character/s he played to not be of any interest to me. This leads me to believe that it is mainly the character (specifically Dean but also to a lesser degree Sam) that I love and I am not at all sure however much I admire and like Jensen that I will like him in other roles. I hope I do however as he and Jared have given me so much over the last 13 years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

If I was the guy who owned the studios based in Austin (Spiderwood? - think I've got that right) I'd already be offering those guys carte blanche to create whatever they want.  Heck, they could even put up Misha in Jared's guesthouse!

This weekend, I've definitely developed an understanding of how people feel when their favourite bands split up (Beatles/Spice Girls/whoever)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I want to see badass Dean fighting the good fight.  Cas being needed and Sam working with his brother.  How they end, I'm open. 

Sounds good to me!

13 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I wish I could guess about a direction but will have to see if they can even end this season with any sort of satisfaction...

I still haven't watched this week's show, but is all we have to look forward too, will Jack go bad or not?  Will Nick/Lucifer really die or be another illusion so he can return?  Does Sam, Dean and Cas even have a storyline in their OWN show?

Yes, I agree. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the statement issued by Dabb and Singer -- this part in particular:

We'd like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the send off they deserve.

My first thought when I saw this was "Well, Andrew, how about first giving these characters that we love the SEASON ENDING they deserve?" Then maybe I could view this pledge to give them the "send off" they deserve with anything other than complete and profound distrust.

• Love 5

I personally hope Jensen wasn't hinting at a movie.  I want to see him in other projects.  If there was a movie, with Kripke possibility having legal issues over profits and working for Sony he's probably not allowed to work for WB. 

So more than likely.  Dabb and Singer would probably write it with Singer directing.   Or worse Singer would give the job to his wife.

2 hours ago, Icarus said:

This leads me to believe that it is mainly the character

For me personally, Jensen's greatest strength is building a character.  I'd never really watched Jensen in anything before Dark Angel.  After one episode (The Berrisford Agenda), I was an Alec girl.  I wanted to know everything and more about what made Alec tick.

Then he did the same with Dean in a way that i've never cared about a fictional character before.   I still think with better writers there would be so may more layers of Dean to peal back. 

He even did it with Tom in My Bloody Valentine.  To this day, I still want to see that character again.

So im sure I'll care for his future characters because he doesn't just act, he brings them to life and becomes that character.  I'd love to see him have the writing and directing to match his talent. 

It's why I'd prefer him to get another tv series than a movie because its easier to build a character when you have 10-22 eps vs 1 movie every 1-2years.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 10
On 3/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, Bergamot said:

I have been watching the show -- and talking about it online -- since it first came on the air. After all these years of watching and re-watching the episodes, and thinking and talking about the show, I can't help feeling sad about seeing it end. It's a big deal for me.

I think there are two sides to it. The fandom side of it will continue to exist, and I think will carry on for a long time to come. But as for the actual show, I think it is time for it to end, and I'm glad they have made this decision.

I was very happy to see how excited Jensen was to play the role of Michael. I think he enjoyed the challenge of doing something different as an actor, and that's something I would like to see as well in the future.  But in my opinion that storyline was handled in a very poor and begrudging manner by the show.  Those who make the show like to talk about how Supernatural is the type of show where you can do new things, go in any direction you want. But I feel like the opposite is true, like the show has become calcified in its old age. So I do think it's time.

Anyway, I think when I look back on the show in MY old age, the things that I will remember will be the parts that I loved. (Especially Dean Winchester. I was a Dean girl from the very beginning, and will always and forever be one!)

I have many, many thoughts and feelings on the show ending, but relief was the first and most predominant emotion that I experienced on hearing the news.

Relief because now I can continue to respect my favorite actor in the whole wide world and know that he is not a sellout for money and that he remains a man of his word to me.

They said they would stay as long as the writing was there.

ITA that this was the J's decision.

This was not a cancellation.

As others have said, it's just too bad that they're going to have to go out with Dabb still at the helm.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Icarus said:

Just from my perspective in relation to those who have been wishing Jensen left ages ago and got other acting jobs, I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman but although I tried to like other roles he was in I couldn't relate to him in them.

I understand that there are some who will feel that way, but I have absolutely no fear that this will be the case for me with Jensen. There is no one who loves and appreciates Dean more than me, but I also loved every single moment of Jensen as Michael. I was absolutely thrilled with his portrayal of that character. Heck, I even got an enormous kick out of seeing him playacting as King Bacchus in the parade! 😄 So yeah, I am looking forward to seeing any new roles he might try in the future.

• Love 13

I think the decision to end now was totally Jared and Jensen.  They'd been telling us for a few years now that they'd been discussing "the end", and that it would be a mutual decision.  I'm sure there are a lot of factors that went into it...wanting to spend more time with their families, other business opportunities, obvious decline in the quality of the writing, etc.  The CW would have continued to milk a good thing for as long as there was money in it.  I'm glad the J's got to make the final decision.

As I've said before, I'm hoping for at least an ambiguous ending.  I don't expect or need happily ever after, but I do not want to watch them die.  For me, that would taint the entire series for re-watch.  Plus, it does allow us at least the hope of some sort of movie down the line.  If the show ends with them dying, I'll just have to forever avoid the finale.

• Love 7

Okay maybe a little weird, but I was looking up the longest running Sci-Fi genre and came across a show I knew nothing about but it is given credit for over a 1000 shows.  Now only 210 were 30 min shows and 900 were 15-minute shows.  So does Space Patrol made in the 1950's beat Supernatural?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Patrol_(1950_TV_series)

I guess it is funny to me...But the reality is not too many shows make it 10 years much less 15.  So for a little show that could, it has a lot to be proud of...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

As I've said before, I'm hoping for at least an ambiguous ending.  I don't expect or need happily ever after, but I do not want to watch them die.  For me, that would taint the entire series for re-watch.  Plus, it does allow us at least the hope of some sort of movie down the line.  If the show ends with them dying, I'll just have to forever avoid the finale.

I think J2 and Misha had many reasons to call it quits and I respect that.  To be honest they may have been trying to prepare the fans for a few years now by saying when it ends, down the road.

I want them to walk away from Supernatural for a bit.  Try new things and then if a movie is appealing...maybe.  But Tom Selleck wanted to do a movie for Magnum PI and it never happened.

I don't need a happy ever after, I would love for them to end with closing the trunk and saying "We've got work to do" and get back to hunting and saving people's lives.  Let the big bad disappear. 

But whatever they do, give their best to the project.  Dabb was part of some of my favorite shows, so hopefully, since it is the end in sight, he will produce something that ALL fans can enjoy.  He will have to go back out there for a job.  So he needs to give his all and best work.  I'm NOT a fan of 14, but even this season has had some very proud moments.

As someone that writes, has acted and directs the creative process is difficult.  I have fallen short in what I wanted the audience to see, and I always tell my students, "Look for how you can make it better versus how you can tear it down.  It is easy to tear something down.

So I believe in the team of possibility even if I haven't always loved what I have seen.  This show has sparked some intense feelings and created a family of sort and I will miss when this board won't remain as active as it once was.  Been through several that once the show ended the boards did too.  But I'm not sad yet as we still have one year left.  🙂  Looking to the future for a little while longer...

• Love 7

Never gonna happen but I would love to see all the old good writers of the show each get a chance to write one last goodbye episode. I didnt know Kripke was involved in that streaming rights mess but all the studios are starting to get sued over it so it would be nice for the WB to get over it and let him contribute something.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Res said:

This is supposed to be an action fantasy/sci-fi show, NOT a DRAMA.

I think it's always been a family drama disguised as a fantasy/sci-fi show. And that in and of itself is not a bad thing. To me, there is a sweet spot of drama vs soap opera, and IMO up to s12, I think the show did drama /borderline soap without going over the line, mostly well with some missteps in s6 and s8. I didn't find the drama overall to be on the soap level but was born out the decisions the boys made, so I was okay with it.

Now, I do think since s12 it became way more soapy, with trying to set up Wayward Sisters and the intro of Jack. Too much contrived soapiness that required them to ignore the past willfully for that soapy quality.

My hope is they find a good solid mytharc story that keeps TFW in front (not TFW2. 0) and not because they make Evil!Jack the center.  That will piss me off.

I think it would be cool if we get something about the Books of Death and TFW1.0 read their fates and must decide if they accept them or attempt to change them as the final act. I think it would be a shame to lose what was set up in Advanced Thanatology.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think it would be cool if we get something about the Books of Death and TFW1.0 read their fates and must decide if they accept them or attempt to change them as the final act. I think it would be a shame to lose what was set up in Advanced Thanatology.

Already did....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

Never gonna happen but I would love to see all the old good writers of the show each get a chance to write one last goodbye episode. I didnt know Kripke was involved in that streaming rights mess but all the studios are starting to get sued over it so it would be nice for the WB to get over it and let him contribute something.

There have already been quite a few tweets to some of the old writers (Edlund in particular) to write for S15.  These have been directed back to the writers in question.  I do hope some of them at least think it's a good idea and throw some inquiries at WB or Singer or whoever.  Another thing to hope is that perhaps BTS J2 laid it out and expressed dissatisfaction with the writing and that it was a wake-up call for some people about to lose their jobs.  

Edited by Cambion
because grammar is important if you want to get your idea across :P
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 7kstar said:

Okay maybe a little weird, but I was looking up the longest running Sci-Fi genre and came across a show I knew nothing about but it is given credit for over a 1000 shows.  Now only 210 were 30 min shows and 900 were 15-minute shows.  So does Space Patrol made in the 1950's beat Supernatural?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Patrol_(1950_TV_series)

I guess it is funny to me...But the reality is not too many shows make it 10 years much less 15.  So for a little show that could, it has a lot to be proud of...

I'm not sure if Space Patrol counts, really.  It was a kids show done with marionettes.  It was great if you're, like, eight, but it is only minimally comparable to SPN in that it is sci-fi genre.

41 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think it's always been a family drama disguised as a fantasy/sci-fi show. And that in and of itself is not a bad thing. To me, there is a sweet spot of drama vs soap opera, and IMO up to s12, I think the show did drama /borderline soap without going over the line, mostly well with some missteps in s6 and s8. I didn't find the drama overall to be on the soap level but was born out the decisions the boys made, so I was okay with it.

Now, I do think since s12 it became way more soapy, with trying to set up Wayward Sisters and the intro of Jack. Too much contrived soapiness that required them to ignore the past willfully for that soapy quality.

My hope is they find a good solid mytharc story that keeps TFW in front (not TFW2. 0) and not because they make Evil!Jack the center.  That will piss me off.

I find it interesting that you say this!  I ran across this article yesterday and it came immediately to mind reading your post, Cat. 

https://variety.com/2014/tv/spotlight/supernatural-oral-history-200-episodes-ackles-padalecki-kripke-1201352537/

Some really interesting insights here.  I've been chewing on the Evil Sam versus Good Dean for quite a bit.  😉

5 minutes ago, Cambion said:

There have already been quite a few tweets to some of the old writers (Edlund in particular) to write season for S15.  These have been directed back to the writers in question.  I do hope some of them at least think it's a good idea and throw some inquiries at WB or Singer or whoever.  Another thing to hope is that perhaps BTS J2 laid it out and expressed dissatisfaction with the writing and that it was a wake-up call for some people about to lose their jobs.  

If they are serious then the CW really needs to let it happen. Really, the current writers room is resorting to the interns writing for them.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

even when Dean's "cries ugly" (they were talking about Dean's hell revelation in Season 4), he still looks great.  And that was "ugly crying", in that scene Dean twisted up his face, his face got red, we know Jensen himself was genuinely getting quite upset because they talked about how he had to go "walk it off" for quite a while afterwards. 

That, I think was the scene that made me truly fall in love with Dean.  I love that episode for that scene. I remember seeing it the first time while binge watching to catch up to season 9, I think, and it hit me that, wow, this is one talented man.  It punches me everytime I rewatch, too.  That scene, and season 9 when Sam punches Dean hard in the feels with "no I wouldn't save you",  that kind of nuance and depth is what makes me so sad to lose.  Hopefully, Jensen will land some other role that will let him showcase all that he can do.  And not yank the rug out from under him.  

• Love 8

No matter what is said, It’s going to be painful to be without Dean Winchester when the show ends.  Even in this past episode, I almost stood up and cheered when Jack quoted Dean, “Dean says all music made after 1979 sucks ass.”  For me, it’s as bad as losing Hendrix or Levon Helm.  End of an era.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Not necessarily, yet.  I hope... 😕

I have one theory how they can make that work. All we know is what Dean said the book said. But he could have been lying. Maybe it said he had to kill Sam but he knows he can't do that so instead he comes up with this box plan. That's my hope anyway.

As others have mentioned, not having Dean Winchester anymore is just a bummer. Little did I know when I started watching this show that his character would take the number 1 spot of TV or movies characters that I “love”. 

While I want the show to end strong, I NEED the end to do justice to Dean. He deserves it after all this time. 

• Love 16