Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: The Calm Before

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Not sure which was Beavis and which was Butthead, but one of them was up on a pike alongside Henry. 😉 

3 minutes ago, leocadia said:

To AMC's credit, I greatly appreciated Chris Hardwick stating up front that there was an issue with many DVR's and if you missed the last 20 minutes there would be major spoilers on TTD. As I was unspoiled,  I turned it off immediately and watched the later showing before going back to TTD, 

When my DVR cut off after 1hr15 missing the last 10 minutes, I remembered the TTD "teaser" of the "special guest" , I knew somebody major was dead, when Brett B walked by Blondie Elpha I was spoiled for her, but whoa! when I finally saw the second broadcast. Will go home now to see how they treated the extra-long Memorials on TTD.

From reading this blog it sounds like Beavis and Butthead  both got shafted. (Heh-heh he said shafted). Maybve TTD put captions on those we lost.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Okay, can someone explain to me like I'm five years old how Elpha & co. rounded up all these people and killed them so easily?

I don't know who most of the Heads on Sticks were, but recognized Tara and Prince Henry. Good riddance to that LITTLE SHIT. His head was still pouting!

Yeah same thing here.  I know we have to suspend some belief in this show but they were able to round up these 10 people simultaneously?  Huh?  Also, where the hell is everyone's guns?   Every season until now had armed combat all the time?  The world has not changed...people still need their guns...but now they don't carry them any longer?   If the 10 had their guns the outcome would be different.  At least I think so since I still have no idea how they were captured.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Awful knew Lydia was with Daryl&Co., no doubt, but might not have understood why - that Lydia left of her own free will, as opposed to being re-snatched by Daryl’s crew.  Beta’s comments (which came directly from Awful, no doubt) indicated the Whisperers were laboring under the delusion Daryl’s group had taken Lydia.

To someone like Alpha, the reason why Lydia left is moot. All she knows is her daughter is no longer where Alpha decided she needs to be and that is the fault of her daughter. Alpha chose to murder those people to not only punish Hilltop & Co, but to also punish Lydia. It's Lydia's fault that Alpha beats her. It's Lydia's fault Alpha murdered all those people. See what you  made me do? Your leaving made me murder all those people. If you stayed with me your friends would still be alive

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

To someone like Alpha, the reason why Lydia left is moot. All she knows is her daughter is no longer where Alpha decided she needs to be and that is the fault of her daughter. Alpha chose to murder those people to not only punish Hilltop & Co, but to also punish Lydia. It's Lydia's fault that Alpha beats her. It's Lydia's fault Alpha murdered all those people. See what you  made me do? Your leaving made me murder all those people. If you stayed with me your friends would still be alive

No doubt - but that’s part of the relationship between Awful and Lydia, not Awful and her pack.

ETA: And Awful would never let on this was all really a power play between her and Lydia, because the necessity for such would imply weakness on Awful’s part - which she would NEVER expose to the other Whisperers.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

My question to this affair with the Whisperers: why did they not cross path with the Saviors / Negan before? The Saviors were more dominating, ruthless and less forgiving than the four communities. Negan would have wiped the floor - or at least attempted to - with them. As well, they survive all these years as a group simply by being nomad? Gathering and scavenging along they way? They do not eat what the Guardians eat, so how do they sustain that community?

Regarding Siddiq:

Hide contents

Is he a mole? This is the description of next week episode. "In the aftermath of an overwhelming loss, the communities must brave a ferocious blizzard; as one group deals with an enemy from within, another is forced to make a life or death decision."

good point.  maybe they arrived well after Negan was finished (remember years have passed)...or they knew Negan and crew could take them out so they stayed hidden until the Negan/Rick thing finished.   Either way I still don't understand why the characters don't carry guns any longer.   I have no clue how all 10 were captured simultaneously but if they were all armed (LIKE THEY USED TO BE) things would have different.

• Love 2

The two cowboy cosplayers and DJ, the third head on the pike, weren't captured from the Kingdom.  They were out in the woods investigating the opening carnage when they met up with the Daryl-Carol-Michonne group, and they were all together until Michonne suggested they split up like they were in a Scooby Doo episode.  In Saddiq's story, they tracked the group that had been taken and tried to rescue them before eventually being overpowered. 

So of the people actually snatched out of what they believed to be the safety of the fair, three were teenagers.  Two were women not known to be regular fighters.  Only Enid and Tara were even around during the Savior war and would have had real fighting experience.  And their guard was likely down because again, they were inside the Kingdom at the happiest fair ever.  It's not hard to imagine that after years of relative isolation from each other that Alpha had infiltrated a couple of Whisperers and nobody thought much of it that there were people milling about they didn't recognize asking "hey, can you show me where ..." until it was too late.  I mean, has anybody even seen any of the Whisperers' faces except Alpha's?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

The two cowboy cosplayers and DJ, the third head on the pike, weren't captured from the Kingdom.  They were out in the woods investigating the opening carnage when they met up with the Daryl-Carol-Michonne group.  They were all together until Michonne suggested they split up like they were in a Scooby Doo episode.  In Saddiq's story, they tracked the group that had been taken and tried to rescue them before eventually being overpowered. 

So of the people actually snatched out of what they believed to be the safety of the fair, three were teenagers.  Two were women not known to be regular fighters.  Only Enid and Tara were even around during the Savior war and would have had real fighting experience.  And their guard was likely down because again, they were inside the Kingdom at the happiest fair ever.  It's not hard to imagine that after years of relative isolation from each other that Alpha had infiltrated a couple of Whisperers and nobody thought much of it that there were people milling about they didn't recognize asking "hey, can you show me where ..." until it was too late.  I mean, has anybody even seen any of the Whisperers' faces except Alpha's?

If only they all still carried guns like they did for every season until now  When did the world get so nice that nobody needs to carry a firearm any longer?  Even teenagers and women can fire a gun...like we saw in the the previous seasons.   Oh well...I guess I am asking for too much logic  🙂

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, mcnelisp said:

Either way I still don't understand why the characters don't carry guns any longer.

Just now, mcnelisp said:

If only they all still carried guns like they did for every season until now  When did the world get so nice that nobody needs to carry a firearm any longer?  Even teenagers and women can fire a gun...like we saw in the the previous seasons.   Oh well...I guess I am asking for too much logic  🙂

Because they only have a few bullets if any left so the guns are useless. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I don't get why so many people are hoping for this.  Carol helped create the annoying monster named Henry.  Alpha destroyed it.   Maybe Enid, Tara and the randos are worth of avenging, but Henry and the other obnoxious teen boy are not.  

Lol.  And let’s be real, Elpha was actually pretty reasonable.  You killed ours, we killed yours.  Take your best warriors and stay out of wherever they said to stay out of.  Is ok. 

Henry is not worth avenging, but a killin’ Mood Carol is a good Carol.  If she cuts her hair and puts on on a sweater twin set, it’s on like donkey Kong.  Elpha’s grubby ass is going down.  Accent notwithstanding, the actress is pretty good. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, mcnelisp said:

good point.  maybe they arrived well after Negan was finished (remember years have passed)...or they knew Negan and crew could take them out so they stayed hidden until the Negan/Rick thing finished.   

Given the nomadic nature of the Herd, I’ve personally been pretty certain the Whisperers were VERY recent arrivals to the area - like, within the past few weeks.

Incidentally, that very same nomadic nature makes me wonder:

• Why NOW all of a sudden has Awful decided to stake a permanent bordered land claim - and in so doing, alter what what has apparently been a core part of the Whisperer existence for years?
  • Why would the rest of the Whisperers accept this abrupt change to their core group ethic?  Walkers have basically become their diety; what walkers do, they do. Walkers wander, therefore the Whisperers wander with them - and nothing has happened with the walkers to change that.
Edited by Nashville
Diety, not dirty - fucking autocorrect.
  • Love 9

How can Lydia face these people?  She couldn't have just wandered off on her own and found some random community far away to live in where Alpha wouldn't know who to blame?  She had to endanger all of these lives to make kissy face with Henry?

That said, I'm glad Henry and Tara are gone.  I just was hoping that Alpha was going to take Lydia out too.

I still am having trouble understanding the appeal of the Whisperer lifestyle.  It'd be one thing if there were zero options left.  But even after they see relatively normal communities, they're like "nope, still want to wear a dead face all the time and walk around with the dead, all the while hoping my leader doesn't chop my head off if she's in a bad mood."  Don't get me wrong, Negan was super annoying and terrible to his people, but at least I understand what the appeal was for him and his commanders.  Are we just to assume that all of the Alpha followers are completely insane?

• Love 21
32 minutes ago, mcnelisp said:

Yeah same thing here.  I know we have to suspend some belief in this show but they were able to round up these 10 people simultaneously?  Huh?  Also, where the hell is everyone's guns?   Every season until now had armed combat all the time?  The world has not changed...people still need their guns...but now they don't carry them any longer?   If the 10 had their guns the outcome would be different.  At least I think so since I still have no idea how they were captured.

It would have made more sense if Alpha showed up with a few other whisperers to infiltrate the fair. It makes no sense that she could single handed capture 10 people.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Lol.  And let’s be real, Elpha was actually pretty reasonable.  You killed ours, we killed yours.  Take your best warriors and stay out of wherever they said to stay out of.  Is ok. 

Henry is not worth avenging, but a killin’ Mood Carol is a good Carol.  If she cuts her hair and puts on on a sweater twin set, it’s on like donkey Kong.  Elpha’s grubby ass is going down.  Accent notwithstanding, the actress is pretty good. 

Yeah, I would like to see Carol in revenge mode, just for the sake of seeing her in revenge mode.  I don't really care much about the characters who died, and while I dislike Alpha, I am thankful to her for ridding us of the two obnoxious teenage boys.   Maybe she deserves a free pass for that. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

Yeah, I would like to see Carol in revenge mode, just for the sake of seeing her in revenge mode.  I don't really care much about the characters who died, and while I dislike Alpha, I am thankful to her for ridding us of the two obnoxious teenage boys.   Maybe she deserves a free pass for that. 

I’d send her a cake for ridding us of Tara and the Brat Prince.  And fucking Brett Butler’s peanut head.  Now we can focus on.. Aikiko? Magda? Connie’s sister, and the fat guy, who I assume is Osso Bucco?

ah fuck it.  Where in the world is Heath?   Will he end up in the whisper shithole camp?

unpopular opinion.  I wouldn’t have cried if Shane’s kid had been up there. 

I must say, Kang sounds stupid.  About as erudite as a tween.  Who misses a lot of school.  Sorry kids, she’s quite awful with words.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Rewatching the episode, I'm struck again by how quick all of the leaders were to agree to give Lydia sanctuary when they already knew they were dealing with some seriously murderous nutjobs.  Yes, it's nice that all save initially Tara wanted to be high minded about helping this girl out but Michonne's argument about previous leaders taking chances letting each of them as strangers in fell rather flat with that in mind.  Nobody was actively attacking their communities or marching up to their gates making grandiose threats because Rick didn't immediately hand Michonne or Tara over.  Are they now all going to just pretend that Lydia wasn't the impetus for all of this, even after Beta told them point blank that it could have been avoided had they just given her back?  To her or to themselves?  No, it's not Lydia's fault that her mother is in fact a murderous nutjob leading other murderous nutjobs around, but there's no way she didn't know that there would be blowback to her decision to seek sanctuary among these communities.  Michonne told her as much.

I was VERY surprised that the leaders of the communities were so quick to take Lydia in.  Michonne surprised me the most.  She has a conversation with a 10 year old and suddenly, 'It's a Small World After All'.  Michonne's policy of Alexandria first, wasn't wrong; it was just too extreme.  But taking in a young woman who had a murderous cult hell-bent on getting her back was the HEIGHT of irresponsibility and I was stunned that Tara, of all people, was the only person who said, 'what the fuck are you all thinking?'

And how did the communities top the stupidity of taking Lydia in?  They decided it would be a good idea to go wandering in the woods in the pitch dark, KNOWING that there was a crowd of monsters ready to attack.  That goes beyond fuckery.

Do the communities really think that as long as they stay on their side of the border made up of the heads of their friends and loved ones, they'll be safe?  They're dealing with a death-cult lead by a psychopath.  I can't speak for the rest but Michonne, Carol and Daryl have been down that road before.  Michonne can reminisce about Rick NOT turning her over to the Governor but, first of all, he WAS going to and second of all, not turning her over led to the Governor riding up to the prison on a tank (with Tara at his side).  They lost practically EVERYTHING because they didn't give a lunatic what he wanted.  The communities are going to have to kill the Whisperers because there is NO FUCKING WAY they can live with them.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

She couldn't have just wandered off on her own and found some random community far away to live in where Alpha wouldn't know who to blame?

Yes, she could have gone to that place "Far away" in the land of Maggie and Mrs. Doubtfire. 

19 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I must say, Kang sounds stupid.  About as erudite as a tween.  Who misses a lot of school.  Sorry kids, she’s quite awful with words.

She sounds like some idiotic Judge Judy litigant trying to justify the dumb, idiotic things they did. Or maybe she should go into politics. All that talking yet she says absolutely nothing. It's embarrassing for a grown woman in that position. 

23 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

unpopular opinion.  I wouldn’t have cried if Shane’s kid had been up there. 

OMG, I was thinking the same thing but tried to stifle the thought. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I was VERY surprised that the leaders of the communities were so quick to take Lydia in.  Michonne surprised me the most.  She has a conversation with a 10 year old and suddenly, 'It's a Small World After All'.  Michonne's policy of Alexandria first, wasn't wrong; it was just too extreme.  But taking in a young woman who had a murderous cult hell-bent on getting her back was the HEIGHT of irresponsibility and I was stunned that Tara, of all people, was the only person who said, 'what the fuck are you all thinking?'

And how did the communities top the stupidity of taking Lydia in?  They decided it would be a good idea to go wandering in the woods in the pitch dark, KNOWING that there was a crowd of monsters ready to attack.  That goes beyond fuckery.

Do the communities really think that as long as they stay on their side of the border made up of the heads of their friends and loved ones, they'll be safe?  They're dealing with a death-cult lead by a psychopath.  I can't speak for the rest but Michonne, Carol and Daryl have been down that road before.  Michonne can reminisce about Rick NOT turning her over to the Governor but, first of all, he WAS going to and second of all, not turning her over led to the Governor riding up to the prison on a tank (with Tara at his side).  They lost practically EVERYTHING because they didn't give a lunatic what he wanted.  The communities are going to have to kill the Whisperers because there is NO FUCKING WAY they can live with them.

I agree. Also, even if the Whisperers do behave, the idea that they can control that huge ass herd forever is ludicrous. No way would I be interested in living close to THAT.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, she could have gone to that place "Far away" in the land of Maggie and Mrs. Doubtfire. 

She sounds like some idiotic Judge Judy litigant trying to justify the dumb, idiotic things they did. Or maybe she should go into politics. All that talking yet she says absolutely nothing. It's embarrassing for a grown woman in that position. 

OMG, I was thinking the same thing but tried to stifle the thought. 

Why stifle it?  We’re having kids acting as adults shoved down our throats.  I wish Tyrese had been a shittier babysitter.  Pre tween Judith is an annoying little brat.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Ok. Let’s see if I’ve got this:

So the Scoobie Gang is everyone that left the fair at night to go fortify Hilltop against a Whisperer strike. On the way they come across  Hilde’s wagon which has been ambushed. So the Scoobie gang decides to split up and half continue on to Hilltop to protect it while Carol, Michone, Daryl and what’s her name continue a rescue/recovery mission for Hilde and friends.  Also the Highwaymen and DJ(?) are out patrolling the roads which they continue to do.

Meanwhile a THIRD-or is it FOURTH?-group of our heroes has been abducted from the fair and is now also somewhere out on the road. 

So my question is- what happened to the Scoobie Gang B squad?  They went on to Hilltop and didn’t meet up with any trouble right?  Because Magda was in that group. So how come all of a sudden she’s there with her girlfriend back at the fair listening to Sidiq’s speech?  What happened to protecting Hilltop?  Did somebody send for them to come back and listen to the speech?  Did Eugene fix his phone?  I don’t get it?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Why stifle it?  We’re having kids acting as adults shoved down our throats.  I wish Tyrese had been a shittier babysitter.

He was a pretty shitty babysitter, refusing to kill the person who was going to suffocate Judith, protecting him and letting him go free to bring the rest of the Termites down on CDB. I guess I'm thinking of Judith as the adorable baby and toddler and not as the snotty brat she is now, who needs a good spanking.

45 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I was VERY surprised that the leaders of the communities were so quick to take Lydia in.  Michonne surprised me the most.  She has a conversation with a 10 year old and suddenly, 'It's a Small World After All'. 

Right. She flat-out refused to take in the harmless-looking, doofus-y millennial gang, but Lydia? Why sure. What could go wrong?

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

I did like the Highwaymen  and they never got their movie  😞.  But when they first came on scene I wondered why every group had to have a gimmick and a name.  

Now that the Highwaymen are gone I expect to see these guys show up 

DF915512-3569-458A-ADD2-792DE84332CE.gif.ccd6d8e43a83894dc2833adedf54f2b5.gif

I would love to see the Baseball Furies show up on TWD.  I wouldn't like to see the Baseball Furries. That would be creepy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, I was among the many whose DVR cut off after one hour, so I just watched the episode on Demand.  I thought the reveal was really good-they gave us people looking for someone and then we saw the head-so there was context for the head at which we were looking. 

I will miss the Highwaymen as I liked the little we saw of them and I thought they had potential in a Robin Hood kind of way.  Then there were the randoms, one of whom was only introduced in this episode (the red head).  I found myself mourning Enid a bit, but thought that they were trying to milk everything out of Henry's reveal.  I think the producers think that Henry's death would be shocking.  Nope, not at all, I had been hoping for it throughout the season.  Really nice moment with Daryl and Carol as he was trying to protect her.

Like others, I hope this unleashes the real Carol and that she and Daryl join together to take out each and every Whisperer one at a time ("hey, were did Joe go?").  

And, adios to the red shirt Whisperer who had the misfortune to see Alpha cry and show weakness.

And yippee that Dog is okay...

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Okay, I was among the many whose DVR cut off after one hour, so I just watched the episode on Demand.  I thought the reveal was really good-they gave us people looking for someone and then we saw the head-so there was context for the head at which we were looking. 

I will miss the Highwaymen as I liked the little we saw of them and I thought they had potential in a Robin Hood kind of way.  Then there were the randoms, one of whom was only introduced in this episode (the red head).  I found myself mourning Enid a bit, but thought that they were trying to milk everything out of Henry's reveal.  I think the producers think that Henry's death would be shocking.  Nope, not at all, I had been hoping for it throughout the season.  Really nice moment with Daryl and Carol as he was trying to protect her.

Like others, I hope this unleashes the real Carol and that she and Daryl join together to take out each and every Whisperer one at a time ("hey, were did Joe go?").  

And, adios to the red shirt Whisperer who had the misfortune to see Alpha cry and show weakness.

And yippee that Dog is okay...

The red head was not a random. She was Frankie the masseuse from Negan’s Stable of Wives.  So yeah kind or random. 

• Love 2

Seeing snow in the episode made me think, how can the walkers operate in the cold? It takes a huge amount of energy to survive in the cold and remain mobile. They seem to have no fur and there don't seem to be fat walkers, so wouldn't a cold winter at least make them hibernate?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I didn't really care for Henry but that Carol and Daryl scene made me care a heck of a lot that his head was on that pike. Poor Carol. And great acting from the two of them. Sophia flashbacks!

I am more in shock than upset that Tara and Enid died. At first when they showed the scene of Gabriel asking Eugene "have you seen her" I thought for sure Rosita was dead and I was like, nooooooooo! Not because I care for her all that much but because she is pregnant.

Anyway reading all of your replies about how Alpha really needs to die a terrible horrible bloody death, I think the writers did their job because I'm sure that's exactly how they want us to feel. 

Are these the same writers who want us to like Negan because he’s nice to Judith??!!  

• Love 4

I’m a sucker for those “siege of the Alamo” kind of scenes like the last battle last night. I know time limitations probably prevented them from showing close-ups of each person’s death and their head on the spike. That would have clued us in as to who was who.

Then again, the biggest problem regarding who is who is that we had too many “who the hell is that” who’s. I mean when dedicated viewers have trouble telling the difference between Tara and Enid who, out of the “piked group,” are the “biggest” characters, then that tells you we’re hitting the bottom of the barrel of big characters. The next big character to go will be someone who said a few words in passing to Eugene in the back ground of one scene from an episode last season.

Oh, well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, FishyJoe said:

. They seem to have no fur and there don't seem to be fat walkers, so wouldn't a cold winter at least make them hibernate?

Fat or skinny, they are dead meat. They don't feel heat or cold and would freeze solid, just as would a side of beef would if you left it outside.

• Love 6

If Alpha had a chicken leg in her hand we know which side would have won...Fat Tara's.

If you wanna take out the whispers tell Negan they have Judith.

12 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Not everyone hates Henry.

Henry who?

• LOL 3

Ah, if only we could have some figure skating zombies on the next episode. Also, let's say like 95% of the entire world's population died/became zombies. Zombies surely don't emit the same amount of CO2 as living humans. Wouldn't after several years of like 8 billion people no longer breathing CO2 make some difference in the climate?..... 

Anyway, do we know why Elpha has such a strange accent? Just another part of her maniacal lifestyle? It's so fucking annoying. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FishyJoe said:

Seeing snow in the episode made me think, how can the walkers operate in the cold? It takes a huge amount of energy to survive in the cold and remain mobile. They seem to have no fur and there don't seem to be fat walkers, so wouldn't a cold winter at least make them hibernate?

It did in the book World War Z.

As you moved further North they moved slower or froze. You had to be careful in early spring because they would thaw out.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Giselle said:

I never liked Tara. As time went on I just couldn't with her. I know she was pregnant in real life but a fat Tara when everybody else was starving just didn't fit. This episode it looked like Tara has lost some weight so they must have put a lock on the pantry door.

I liked the Charlie Daniels Band, they became fodder too soon. 

I didn't care about the others. I wasn't disappointed in the ending, because I just didn't care. 

"Game of Thrones." When I first saw the pikes that's what I thought then with the snow flurries "Winter is coming. Great, the WD has become a commercial for another show on another network."

I bet the snow & heads on spikes was done in homage to GoT.  They arent in competition with them as they dont air simultaneously, and it' s their last season. Also, chief showrunner supreme leader  Gimple has used th eshow before to give homages to his favorite nerd shows. Eg, the Trash People were a nod to Star Trek. He basically uses ths show /franchise as his own toilet paper.

I never want to see another character like Tara. Anywhere.  Ever.

But I didnt begrudge Tara's extra weight because the actress was pregnant and didnt deserve to lose a paycheck because of it.  However I DO begrudge the casting of the two lead Highwaymen, who were sporting ginormous guts, with no valid excuse.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Yes, everything.  They think they can kill our people off and casually toss us a bone?  Tweens and their up talking asses can have this show.  The bones , they are picked.  

The  stink of uncool is pretty heavy on this show, now. I doubt that they are going to get many young people on board to watch the franchise, which is what they are rolling the dice on.  Young people got better things to view, in every direction but basic cable.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Where's the democracy in Alexandria or any of these places? Because in a sane world, the majority od itizens in those small  struggling communities, having been told about the death cult of creeps, would have booted Lydia out, immediately. If they wanted to be nice about it, theyd give her food and gear her (& Henry, even) up, and then tell them good luck and scram.

And why should anyone care about Lydia?  Lydia remembers movies, so she must be older than Hornry. She looks about 18-21 years old. At 14 youre probably old enough to run away and make due, in this world. Carl could have done it, and plus she knows how to use  walkers to her advantage. When  Michonne was telling her she needs to get up and leave the community on her own because if not she was going to get a lot of people killed essentially, and she was just looking at her dumbly, I was so rooting for Michonne to just say, Fuck it, and grab her by the ear and drag her outside the walls. 

And what about Michonne's Big Reveal from last week? ABout how she doesnt trust anyone anymore, So much so that she turns her back and doesnt even visit with any OGs who took her ass in, like Carol, or  ones who fought with her, like Tara, etc?  It should have meant she never would have relented on taking dumbass kids into the community, or old school buddies that you hardly knew. Not the people who took her in, and fought alongside her. Another character ruined beyond any redemption. 

And Warden Rick sent your ass *packing*, Michonne. He DID decide to turn you over to the governor, and under way less harsh circumstances. It doesnt make a g.d. difference if he had accepted her in the beginning, because she was a nobody. It wasnt until the Guv gave Rick an ultimatum to hand her over or  get wiped out, that he had to make the hard decision between her and everyone else getting slaughtered. And this was *after* Merle took Rick to task and told him exactly how the Guv was going to brutally torture Michonne for days before killing her. Hershel himself was ready to hand her over, not wanting his daughters to get killed by sparing a stranger.

Honestly, there is no choice for a leader. You do not sacrifice your community of people for a stranger. At least there was a third option for Lydia, and that would have been to send her packing with supplies. She'd have had a fighting chance. Barring that, she could have slunk back to her mother and still recieved the beatings, until she eventually ran off, fought back and killed her. She wasnt living under a death sentence.

But what do you expect? This show is so badly written that the questionable things that  dont make sense, outweigh any plausible character development and story 10:1.  You can literally go on for days pointing out the nonsensical stuff in these episodes, The writing is so bad that posters on forums have to make up reasons or how things off screen and never explained may have happened. At that point, it just becomes writing fan fiction in order to make any kind of sense.

The weather is obviously not the same in their alternate universe or non-humans and non-zombies, too.  As it doesnt freeze any of the limbs of thee rotting walkers, re the preview.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Ah, if only we could have some figure skating zombies on the next episode. Also, let's say like 95% of the entire world's population died/became zombies. Zombies surely don't emit the same amount of CO2 as living humans. Wouldn't after several years of like 8 billion people no longer breathing CO2 make some difference in the climate?..... 

Anyway, do we know why Elpha has such a strange accent? Just another part of her maniacal lifestyle? It's so fucking annoying. 

And  why doesnt any smell that enormous herd of them? And why dont the seemingly supierior helicopter people not drop homemade napalm on them, or something, it is a menace? Or warn people via pamplets? or something, anything, because it sure as hell can be seen from above, and they fly those friendly skies. Nothing makes sense, or ever will.

Sometimes it sounds like Morton's only exposure to a southern accent has been Jessica Lange's Constance Langdon one from American Horror Story: Murder House, which was deliberately campy.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

He's the chubby guy who likes Osso Bucco and the violin(?)

Nothing about this guy (character AND actor) isn't annoying as fuck to me.

I bet in the original script he played a ukulele.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Butless said:

I bet the snow & heads on spikes was done in homage to GoT.  They arent in competition with them as they dont air simultaneously, and it' s their last season. Also, chief showrunner supreme leader  Gimple has used th eshow before to give homages to his favorite nerd shows. Eg, the Trash People were a nod to Star Trek. He basically uses ths show /franchise as his own toilet paper.

Gimple wasn't one of the writers who put the snow and spikes in the comic.

• Love 3
On 3/25/2019 at 12:43 AM, tennisgurl said:

Alpha needs to die, they better not give that monster a cell right next to fucking Negan.

I want an all song-and-dance episode that features only Alpha and Negan.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Why were the heads barely moving their mouths and not moving their eyes? The Governor's collection of heads was more lively.

If Alpha was wandering around the fair wearing Hilde's scalp, wouldn't people near her notice the smell?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Pixiebomb said:

The red head was not a random. She was Frankie the masseuse from Negan’s Stable of Wives.  So yeah kind or random. 

She was also in last week's episode, with the setup about her having a daughter.

14 hours ago, Nashville said:

And Awful would never let on this was all really a power play between her and Lydia, because the necessity for such would imply weakness on Awful’s part - which she would NEVER expose to the other Whisperers.

While I simply hate teen angst, I don’t hate Lydia.  People seem to think that she would know that her mother would behave like this, but the narrative has made clear that we are in uncharted territory with Alpha.  Her own people are questioning her and are surprised by her actions.  Honestly I think she’s surprised by her own actions.  Even Beta is a bit baffled.  He thought that our group kidnapped Lydia, but he is slowly realizing that she’s leaving on her own accord and that her mother is stalking her.   Lydia is a literal battered woman who never even considered leaving her mother and group.  This isn’t a power struggle between Alpha and Lydia, it is between Alpha and Daryl because he knows a thing or two about abusive parents.  Daryl is the one calling bullshit on this “alpha” personality.  She’s no alpha.  RICK was a true alpha.  People followed him, not out of fear but out of respect.  He NEVER fought someone to take away their choices.  Alpha is just an abusive bully and psychopath and Daryl knows it. And Alpha KNOWS Daryl knows it, which is why she singled him out.  And if the writing is good, it will be Daryl who dispatches the Alpha and becomes the new Alpha/Rick. Not Negan or Carol.

I don’t blame Lydia for the actions of her psychotic mother.  The people she is with are strong and have promised her protection.  She has twice now stood with them against her own family.  Alpha came in person to get her, TWICE - a break in her own established protocol - and the first time Daryl rebuked her and the second time Lydia did.  And to Lydia’s credit she went directly to Ezekiel to tell him.  This whole thing isn’t Alpha’s MO.  This is her rage at losing control over the one thing she felt she had total ownership of.  I think the last visual of Lydia and Daryl together was our clue about who will slay this monster.

Edited by Timetoread
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, dvil said:

I want an all song-and-dance episode that features only Alpha and Negan.

Those guys who do the "Epic Rap Battles of History" need to get right on that. They'd have a million views in one day.  It might not compare to their "Rick Grimes vs Walter White" but I'd sure watch the hell out of it.

• Love 2