Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: I Don't Like the Sound of Your Voice

• Start Topic

Lala is such a tool.  It's been soooooo long since she had to travel like a plebeian, carry her own bag and her own passport, rub shoulders with the lowly commoners and not get on a PJ.  How on earth does she go on?   I guess she'd better find a new and expensive d**k to suck so she can fly private again.

Loved how the editing monkeys interspersed shots of her doing the exact opposite of what she described to Lisa with regard to Billie's brunch.   Take a seat or 12, Lala.  

Katie can join you there because Schwartz wasn't wrong when he described her as a wet blanket.  Jesus.  I guess she expected for him to give her the first class seat.  Suck it up and (wo)man up, Katie.  It was a short flight and it's not like they put him on another plane.   I said this last week and I'll say it again - - for years she's bitched about how she wanted Schwartz to be more ambitious and have a career, etc.  Now that he has one, she's bitching about how he doesn't spend enough time with her.  Which is it?  And as others have pointed out, what is YOUR career, Katie?  Besides being a chucklefuck on this show, that is.  

I'm glad that Lisa learned that James was telling the truth.  His expression when she told him was both sweet and tragic.  He is so desperate for her approval.  I understand she was frustrated with him over the beer but she should go a step further and explain why.  Don't just berate him - - tell him you want him to be healthy because you care.  Tell him you're proud of him for how far he's come and not to let anyone - - not even his dad - - destroy that.  

Flat Iron packing is gold.  Of course he takes way more than the Nugget.  A hat carrier?  I never even knew one existed.   And of course don't forget your flat iron!  Full on scuba gear?  Can't you just rent that in Mexico?  One red belt, much less two?   Never change, Flat Iron.  Never change.

So Brittney is told by her doctor not to drink for a certain period of time, to give her ulcer time to heal and because she's on meds and she can't go alcohol-free for even the opening of TomTom?  Really?  Could she not get a virgin cocktail?  Or water?  What's the big deal?  No way will she be able to stay sober in Mexico with these chucklefucks.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Yeah sadly the only person I srikk

enjoy on this show is Stassi. She’s had her moments (and still does) but I think she takes a lot of this with a grain of salt. But she’s my favorite. The other ones keep getting on my nerves. 

Also I’m sorry I’m like one of the only people who can’t give Katie the full blame on her fight with scwartz. Scwartz sucks. I feel like there’s more going on but it seems as though tptb really like scwartz and want to protect him, why do I say this, I listen to a podcast about this show and the hosts were talking about a deleted scene that Schena tweeted about happening with her and Stassi Kristen and katie(the other girls weren’t there, not sure why) and they were having a sleepover and Katie had confessed about how Scwartz hadn’t been around lately and there was probably more, but the editors like him. For the most part he gets a good edit on this show. Even when he’s the wrong it somehow is Katie’s fault. And again.. it’s because everyone let’s that be the case. 

And this bugs me so much. FI thinks he’s such a great friend. I cant Remember if it was the season when Katie cut Stassi out or the one when she came back to the group but he yelled at Stassi And was all “I just don’t trust you, I’m so protective of my friends!” As if he and katie were so close. He talks bad about her all the time. And Katie even tried to call him Out on this at the season 5 reunion and nothing happened with that. The only guy who did was Jax and he didn’t even say anything half as bad as Tom did. Jax from what I remember was just like “they’re fighting all the time, and the wedding is a few weeks away this isn’t good” FI blamed katie for everything. It was kind of gross actually when you think about the fact that he equated it to Tom being a battered wife. Sorry not sorry that that’s real annoying.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Katie's imperfect, Tom's imperfect, whatever, fine...but come on, he could answer his wife when she's speaking to him. 

Yup. It’s also annoying that he has a trigger excuse ready to insult her, calling out her drinking which is gross for many reasons but my main two is that one just like James has two easy name calling things, fat and a slut is so gross and two who is scwartz to call someone out on drinking ever with his track record?

• Love 11

I could be remembering wrong, but haven't other people been asked if they have been drinking/are drunk when they're showing their ass? Now, I know that's the last thing you should ask someone who is under the influence, but I think it's been done before to others.

Edited by greyflannel
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, greyflannel said:

I could be remembering wrong, but haven't other people been asked if they have been drinking/are drunk when they're showing their ass? Now, I know that's the last thing you should ask someone who is under the influence, but I think it's been done before to others.

I mean possibly but I think katie gets it more than anyone and whilemim not a fan of constantly defending her, it’s an easy excuse and one that they use all the time. I think James might be the only other one who gets this and that’s only been recently.

And I could be wrong but even Jax’s freakout at Sur last season didn’t have people askingif he was drunk. Don’t quote me on that I could be wrong.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup. It’s also annoying that he has a trigger excuse ready to insult her, calling out her drinking which is gross for many reasons but my main two is that one just like James has two easy name calling things, fat and a slut is so gross and two who is scwartz to call someone out on drinking ever with his track record?

But Katie has a long and documented history of behaving differently when she has been drinking and she had been drinking on the plane. She is so much better off when she is just high.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But Katie has a long and documented history of behaving differently when she has been drinking and she had been drinking on the plane. She is so much better off when she is just high.

So does Scwartz. Most of his cheating has happened because he’s black out drunk.

• Love 9
Just now, WhosThatGirl said:

So does Scwartz. Most of his cheating has happened because he’s black out drunk.

And she has asked him to stop drinking when he is having too much and I don’t see a problem with that or asking her if she had been drinking to see how he was going to approach her.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And she has asked him to stop drinking when he is having too much and I don’t see a problem with that or asking her if she had been drinking to see how he was going to approach her.

I think the one he did seemed to be insinuating something and I haven’t seen her ask him in a way like that, maybe it has happened and I missed it but he did ask her imho in a kind of rude way. That said people can have a different perception but my main point was Scwartz has no room to talk about anyone’s drinking. Like I said viewers can perceive things differently and that’s how I perceived it.

No one  on this show honestly can talk about anyone’s drinking.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Neveragain said:

Haven’t read all the comments yet but regardless am pretty sure I’m all alone in this, but I don’t really like Beau.  I know he’s apparently trustworthy and loves Stassi for herself, which is what matters.  And different people obviously are attracted to different things.  But he’s way too twee for me,  with the bow tie and hair and shaggy dog behavior... and he’s way too camera hoggy for a brand new cast member.  Why does he get all these TH?  The dinosaur thing, ok, not my thing but it makes Stassi happy, I get it.  But it feels to me like he’s playing a character.  I can’t shake the feeling this big old “lovable teddy bear” was just looking for a way to be on camera, and single-looking-for-a-decent-guy Stassi was his ticket. 

This post makes me so happy.  It says everything I have been thinking about Beau since he appeared on the scene.  I looked up "twee" on Urban Dictionary, and it fits Beau to a T (a twee?)  It says "affectedly dainty...or way too sentimental."  If there is a better way to describe Beau's reaction in his TH when he "listened" the conversation he recorded between Stassi and his mom, I haven't seen it in writing.

I also think age is a factor here.  I am persuaded by the argument that James used Kristen to get on the show, and it was disgusting, (who spits on a door?? Ugh!).  But James was, what, 23, when he clawed himself onto this show?  And Beau was 38 when he put on this display, aka, old enough to be James's father?  That ups the hesitation I get about Beau a lot. If he was exhibiting the same exact shtick that he exhibits now, but he was 23, 24 or 25, I'd just shrug and be like, "oh, Stassi's dating a child.  If she likes it, great."  

I also have heightened suspicion about Beau with regard to the type of show he's trying to get on. VPR isn't the culinary equivalent of Million Dollar Listing.  It's a show about low-lifes, whose median age is about a decade younger than him. If he has a successful career in commercial casting, why would he even want to be associated with a show that was picked up because of the outrageous levels of fucking and fighting that were going on Amongst its cast?  Even if Beau plans to continue to play this "good guy," it's still like being the one-eyed man in the world of the blind, to borrow from the expression.

The only unequivocally good thing that I can say about Beau is that he's not Patrick, and I think that's a reason Beau has skated by nearly unscathed so far:  the fans are relieved.  But 50% of the inmates in federal prison are probably better than Patrick, so I'm not using that as my yardstick.

People say that Brittney is no wide-eyed innocent, and I see both sides of that argument.  As far as Beau goes, though, I don't think he'd be fucking with Stassi if she wasn't famous or fame-adjacent.  I am also really turned off by the narrative that everyone, including Stassi and her mom, seem to buy into, that Beau is better than Stassi.  Relationships should have more of a power balance IMO.  It's not necessarily Beau's fault that he is held in such high esteem, but let's just say I don't think he minds the savior complex that is being applied to him.

I have posted before that I don't like Beau's facial hair, and I realized that it's not that I hate a beard or a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow in the abstract; it's that I get the impression that he is wearing the facial hair as a statement that says, "hey, look over here.  I'm quirky and I wear a beard," that makes me go, "yo, shave."  And that is a metaphor about everything else about him.  What a contrived dude.

@Neveragain, what's funny is that the dinosaur thing didn't really bother me either, but it seemed to be the catalyst for a lot of people to see the patterns upon which you've remarked.  Beau, please continue to wear the dinosaur suit! Lol 

• Love 6

Can't stand Katie.  She acts like a dumb tween.  Yeah Schwartz is no man prize ... but that's what she strongarmed and pushed into marrying her, as we saw in excruciating detail over several years.  Also caught her bitchy side eye to Kristen when Kristen was talking about how she was bummed Carter couldn't go on the trip.  Katie is such a sour patch kid.    Love how Katie walked into the TomTom opening with a phalanx while Ariana strolled in confident and alone.   And not needy of attention. 

Speaking of Ariana the Sandoval packing! 'You don't need two belts!' ''What?? Those are just my red belts!' Ha   

Please no more Lisa and James scenes.  It's so stale. Either fire him definitively from SUR or tell him what exactly he must do to come back.  It feels like she's a big cat pawing at a toy.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

What a contrived dude.

Ah, @LibertarianSlut, my soul sister, you gave the perfect essence of Beau in four words!  Exactly!  

Also I didn’t know he was 38, which makes the whole thing even more icky. I saw in the preview for next week where he is sobbing and can’t catch his breath “sniffle sob how are we going to have a future sob if you don’t trust me sniffle”,  and the way he was saying it was like a high school boyfriend.  Being 38 and raised by a relationship expert, I would hope he had a more mature way of dealing with issues.  

He is just so affected.  Ugh.  I do appreciate that he’s apparently a good guy, and Patrick was such a douche.  I think you’re right, her fans are so relieved by the apparent upgrade and Stassi’s happiness that that’s all that matters.  And his affectations only bother a few of us.  I guess others find him charming.  But I think he’s fake AF, same as you feel about the facial hair, it’s all part of this character of “Beau”.  

i don’t understand why he has all these talking heads.  Is he a cast member?  You don’t see Raquel or Carter talking much to the camera and they’ve been on this show a lot longer. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think the issue is that bringing up her Tequila Katie persona (which I assume she's trying to shed), instead of listening to what her problem is*, is a ploy to get the upper hand in an argument--if her contrition and embarrassment are still close enough to the surface, maybe she'll take the blame/shut up/turn a blind eye.

If your partner has made a behavioral change that may improve your relationship, either you're supportive or you're not; it's not fair to keep that behavior (drinking, drugs, gambling, cheating, overspending, whatever) up your sleeve and use it when you see fit in order to get your own way. If you want that behavior out of the relationship, then you too have to help keep it out.

That said, I think you're probably asking for trouble if you start out with "Say, have ya been drinking?!"

*Sort of like when some guys think women are annoyed only because of PMS because there certainly could not be a legit problem!

• Love 10
On 3/27/2019 at 8:35 AM, BlondeAmbition said:

Wow, you just made me feel really bad for Scheana. There must be something about her that makes men and women pull away from her.

I’m guessing it’s her extreme self-absorption, excessive narcissism and overall lack of depth.  Couple that with her obsessively clinging and prattling on about all her boyfriends, and I could see why most sane folks would be repelled by her.

Lord help that gal when she ages and starts to lose her looks; I used to say that about LaLa, but she at least seems to have a fun personality, loyalty to others and street smarts. There is just no there there with Scheana—-she looks like she has an empty thought bubble above her head at all times.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think the issue is that bringing up her Tequila Katie persona (which I assume she's trying to shed), instead of listening to what her problem is*, is a ploy to get the upper hand in an argument--if her contrition and embarrassment are still close enough to the surface, maybe she'll take the blame/shut up/turn a blind eye.

If your partner has made a behavioral change that may improve your relationship, either you're supportive or you're not; it's not fair to keep that behavior (drinking, drugs, gambling, cheating, overspending, whatever) up your sleeve and use it when you see fit in order to get your own way. If you want that behavior out of the relationship, then you too have to help keep it out.

That said, I think you're probably asking for trouble if you start out with "Say, have ya been drinking?!"

*Sort of like when some guys think women are annoyed only because of PMS because there certainly could not be a legit problem!

This. Also I honestly haven’t seen Katie bring up his drinking issue and the fact that he has gotten blackout drunk enough to cheat. In fact when she finds out, she’s mostly just hurt that has cheated on her.. not that he was drinking much. Other cast members wonder about the drinking thing more than she does.

Also I don’t know.. it felt intentional for him to ask this question in front of everyone, maybe it wasnt because  yes it’s Schwartz and maybe he wasn’t thinking about this but asking this question in front of the whole group just.. it would bug me too. It’s a very patronizing thing to do. I’m not saying he did it purposely in front of everyone but I can get why her first reaction is angry. Everyone thinks this about her.

Again not on Katie or TOm scwartz side but it’s annoying to me that she gets the blame for a lot of stuff. And Tom Scwartz is annoying. I used to really like him but I’m starting to hate him. I agree with Arinia he gets a pass on a lot of everything and other people take the heat. But hey Arinia it isn’t just stuff with your boyfriend, it’s also the fact that he gets to do this to his wife. 

This show is like an experiment on gaslighting and it’s becoming less and less fun to watch.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’m guessing it’s her extreme self-absorption, excessive narcissism and overall lack of depth.  Couple that with her obsessively clinging and prattling on about all her boyfriends, and I could see why most sane folks would be repelled by her.

Lord help that gal when she ages and starts to lose her looks; I used to say that about LaLa, but she at least seems to have a fun personality, loyalty to others and street smarts. There is just no there there with Scheana—-she looks like she has an empty thought bubble above her head at all times.

I sort of think that Scheana is the best of them. It’s clear that Lisa thinks that she is the best employee since she actually said that this week. She seems plucky and optimistic and she loves to believe in love. If I went to SUR I would want her to be my server. Can you imagine if that sullen blob of Tequila Katie was responsible for getting your goat cheese Balls?

No Thanks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

My BF and I were talking about how Scheana is the most annoying, but probably also the most harmless and maybe least devious. She's vain and self-absorbed but in a way that seems to affect her negatively more than it does anyone else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I know it seems strange but she is the one person on the show I actually like. I know most people like Brittany but I think her Aw Shucks Bless her Heart persona is all an act. She hooked a spot on the show when she glommed onto Jax and she wouldn't let go.

Scheana just seems normal if you get what I mean. She has a lot of faults but they are all very human and basically minor.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I know it seems strange but she is the one person on the show I actually like. I know most people like Brittany but I think her Aw Shucks Bless her Heart persona is all an act. She hooked a spot on the show when she glommed onto Jax and she wouldn't let go.

Scheana just seems normal if you get what I mean. She has a lot of faults but they are all very human and basically minor.

I agree about the brittany act and I was kind of liking her once upon  a time. I don’t anymore. Also.. I sort of feel this way about James girlfriend Raquel. I can’t but her being sweet and innocent. I know some people disageee but it just feels on on. But that’s how I feel about everyone on this show or who appears on this show. Even Schena I think at times is doing some sort of an act. Not all the time but I do think sometimes she is. I think sometimes it’s to create some sort of an illusion of something, her relationship with Rob last season because I really think she thought it was going to lead to a wedding and at the time she really dissed her ex husband and I think she regrets that a lot but I do think she was trying to create something.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I do think she was trying to create something.

Of course she is...to keep a place on the show. They all are, IMO. I can’t believe any of the “reality” shows are really reality anymore. They just aren’t true to life. I’ve watched quite a few since their inception and the whole premise has changed dramatically. I see them as soap operas more than reality tv now.

Edited by AntAnn
Grammar matters
  • Love 3
On 3/27/2019 at 1:05 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I didn't see what the big deal with Britteny's drinking was.  I was thinking, well, if she has an ulcer, wouldn't the alcohol keep it sterile?  Yeah, I'm not due to get my MD in 2019...but really, Jax can miss me with the faux concern, unless he is willing to put down the booze too.  I have always thought that one part of a couple should not expect their significant other to stop drinking unless they are willing to abstain too.  My dad stopped drinking when my mom was pregnant.  If it's not a big deal...why not?

I do not believe for a moment that Jax has changed. He's still a control freak when it comes to relationships and he's proven this by brainwashing her into never speaking of their discussions outside of their home. He's emotionally abusive but manages to turn it around so he appears 'caring'. He wants to call the shots and if that means he drinks while she doesn't, so be it.

• Love 4
On 3/30/2019 at 11:45 AM, Neveragain said:

Literally left such a similar comment earlier, hadn't read the comments yet, just reading them now...even used the same word twee!   Great minds thinking alike, @Sun-Bun. And yes I feel the same, you’re right quirky is a perfect definition as well, he is just too over the top while making sure he’s getting screen time...But in my case, it prevents me from being a fan.  I feel he might be using Stassi to get on the show

I understand your reservations, but Beau is a breath of fresh air for me as I am sick and tired of 24-40 year-olds coming with such drama and baggage. The fact that he comes and says, here I am. No story to sell... It's just what I (and StassI need. Could Patrick have been any more horrid? Welcome Beau.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

My BF and I were talking about how Scheana is the most annoying, but probably also the most harmless and maybe least devious. She's vain and self-absorbed but in a way that seems to affect her negatively more than it does anyone else.

I totally agree with this because I also fall into the camp of finding her really annoying but she's easily the best person of the lot. She doesn't lie and exaggerate to villainize others, she's not mean spirited whether sober or drunk, she doesn't feed off of drama. She likes attention because she's so insecure. She's constantly looking for acceptance and as a viewer, it's annoying seeing her pander to men and women begging them to have a presence in her life when she has far better qualities than any of her castmates but she's always the one trying to get them to accept her. I really hope that Scheana will find her redemption story while this show is still on the air. I would love for her to discover her confidence to take a seat at the table and feel sure that she belongs there regardless of what catty bitches say.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I disagree. She implored her addict husband to drink, "but only a little" on group vacations so he wouldn't bore her. She then threw him under the bus after dumping him and constantly denigrated his manliness in comparison to the godlike Rob's.

She also used James to help her move; but then made it clear she couldn't hang out with him - because everyone else hates him.

I think she's a horrible human being and I totally understand why the others keep her at arm's length. 

I like Stassi the best out of everyone. She can be pretty bitchy herself sometimes, often immature and entitled. But she owns it. She's very "real" to me. And, deep down, I think she's a very caring person who tries to help her friends. 

• Love 7

I didn't say I personally liked her (she's far from my favorite person on this show) or that she's a great person; this was strictly a comparative evaluation/grading-on-a-on a curve situation. But I think they keep her at arm's length because she's annoying, not for any of those other things. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I like Stassi the best out of everyone. She can be pretty bitchy herself sometimes, often immature and entitled. But she owns it. She's very "real" to me. And, deep down, I think she's a very caring person who tries to help her friends.

Stassi is clearly one of the smarter people on this show and she's been in the reality TV game far longer than anyone else; she's closing in on 15 years. The "real" self she chooses to show the audience is very calculated.

Personally, I cannot look past Stassi's obvious misogyny and bigotry that she thinks she can get a pass on with a brief caveat that she's done no research and isn't that familiar with the points of view. Statements along the lines of "the women claiming sexual harassment and assault are exaggerating or lying for publicity" and "Black people are always complaining about race and demanding that others make things better for them" aren't going to get passes from me, especially considering that she made these statements relatively recently (during the past 2 years) in her very long reality TV career.

I think Scheana is a mostly harmless normal kind of terrible. If Shay were your friend, you'd have a real talk come to Jesus sit-down with him about how Scheana doesn't have his best interests at heart. Though part of the "addiction" storyline was to cover how Shay had developed an emotionally sexually tinged relationship with another woman who was rumored to have been Nicole Arbour. Frankly, Scheana did him a MASSIVE favor because Nicole Arbour is odious. I think Stassi's dog whistling is pretty terrible, but Nicole is honestly irredeemable and heinous. Scheana saying Shay has a drug and alcohol problem is the preferable story to getting involved with a shitbag who says racist things on purpose to become famous. It literally is.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 3/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

This post makes me so happy.  It says everything I have been thinking about Beau since he appeared on the scene.  I looked up "twee" on Urban Dictionary, and it fits Beau to a T (a twee?)  It says "affectedly dainty...or way too sentimental."  If there is a better way to describe Beau's reaction in his TH when he "listened" the conversation he recorded between Stassi and his mom, I haven't seen it in writing.

I also think age is a factor here.  I am persuaded by the argument that James used Kristen to get on the show, and it was disgusting, (who spits on a door?? Ugh!).  But James was, what, 23, when he clawed himself onto this show?  And Beau was 38 when he put on this display, aka, old enough to be James's father?  That ups the hesitation I get about Beau a lot. If he was exhibiting the same exact shtick that he exhibits now, but he was 23, 24 or 25, I'd just shrug and be like, "oh, Stassi's dating a child.  If she likes it, great."  

I also have heightened suspicion about Beau with regard to the type of show he's trying to get on. VPR isn't the culinary equivalent of Million Dollar Listing.  It's a show about low-lifes, whose median age is about a decade younger than him. If he has a successful career in commercial casting, why would he even want to be associated with a show that was picked up because of the outrageous levels of fucking and fighting that were going on Amongst its cast?  Even if Beau plans to continue to play this "good guy," it's still like being the one-eyed man in the world of the blind, to borrow from the expression.

The only unequivocally good thing that I can say about Beau is that he's not Patrick, and I think that's a reason Beau has skated by nearly unscathed so far:  the fans are relieved.  But 50% of the inmates in federal prison are probably better than Patrick, so I'm not using that as my yardstick.

People say that Brittney is no wide-eyed innocent, and I see both sides of that argument.  As far as Beau goes, though, I don't think he'd be fucking with Stassi if she wasn't famous or fame-adjacent.  I am also really turned off by the narrative that everyone, including Stassi and her mom, seem to buy into, that Beau is better than Stassi.  Relationships should have more of a power balance IMO.  It's not necessarily Beau's fault that he is held in such high esteem, but let's just say I don't think he minds the savior complex that is being applied to him.

I have posted before that I don't like Beau's facial hair, and I realized that it's not that I hate a beard or a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow in the abstract; it's that I get the impression that he is wearing the facial hair as a statement that says, "hey, look over here.  I'm quirky and I wear a beard," that makes me go, "yo, shave."  And that is a metaphor about everything else about him.  What a contrived dude.

WOAH!!!!!! BEAU IS 38?!?!  For some reason, I was just operating under the assumption that he was 30.  I mean it's not that I think he's behaving badly, but I just figured because of his lifestyle that he was in his late 20s or early 30s.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I live in LA and some people always live like they're 23 no matter how old they are.

I have mixed feelings about Beau.  On the one hand, I think "Stassi is so lucky she found this great and nice guy who adores her."  On the other hand, it feels slightly off to me and I have trouble putting my finger on it.  It seems like he was totally absorbed into her life and now all her friends are his friends.  And he's a 38 year old man so what was he doing until now?  And some of the innocence/lovey dovey stuff about their relationship also made me assume he was younger.  Knowing that he is almost 40, I'm kind of side eyeing it.  Not saying it can't be genuine and it probably is, but there may be some other motives going on too.

I love this show but I feel like it may have run its course.  They need a Vanderpump Rules, the New Class.  These people have too much money to pull off the idea that they are waiters at SUR and don't have enough money to become a Housewives franchise.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Personally, I cannot look past Stassi's obvious misogyny and bigotry that she thinks she can get a pass on with a brief caveat that she's done no research and isn't that familiar with the points of view. Statements along the lines of "the women claiming sexual harassment and assault are exaggerating or lying for publicity" and "Black people are always complaining about race and demanding that others make things better for them" aren't going to get passes from me, especially considering that she made these statements relatively recently (during the past 2 years) in her very long reality TV career.

THIS. I can't believe how she said such noxious shit on her vapid podcast and essentially skated. It's not like she took responsibility for any of it either--she trotted out the same old "taken out of context" and "if you'd really LISTENED to my podcast..." nonsense every misogynist, racist, or just plain asshole trots out when s/he gets called out; her fans even defended her! And then everything went back to normal. It was baffling. As for me, she's completely dead to me. 

Beau strikes me as a creep too but I don't care because Stassi is absolute trash and they deserve each other. 

• Love 2
On 3/26/2019 at 3:00 AM, Mazzy said:

Said it before, say it again: Katie always needs to have someone to hate. Right now James isn't around, Kristin's BF isn't around, and she's now friends with Lala so that only leaves Schwartz to turn her constant hate-fire on to.

As for the TomTom opening, Katie seemed pretty obnoxious and Tom seemed pretty busy. We have no idea if at any point he DID acknowledge her and tell her 'Bubba I'm real busy right now', but the editing we get suggests he just ignored her. He didn't need to play it like that for sure and that is his fault, but she didn't need to make HIS night all about herself either. They were both dicks in their own ways here.

As for the flight, I don't know how long it's been since some people have been on flights; and it's been a long time for me too - less than a decade but more than a couple years for sure - but you can't just go switching seats anymore so that's one very practical issue with Katie's nonsense. So while it may not have been super chivalrous of Tom to take the upgrade and not sit with his wife, if a grown woman can't sit for 3 hours without a man without absolutely losing her mind then that woman has issues. She rage-texted for three full hours?!! WTF! What are you, 16?! And she seemed pretty wasted in the hotel lobby, so she not only rage-texted for three hours, she binge-drank like a kid at a high school party for three hours.

To top it all off, NOW Tom isn't busy opening his incredibly busy bar, and is RIGHT THERE for them to spend time together in this beautiful place but since Katie hates everything in her life and needs to project her hate-fire before it consumes her, Tom is the nearest and only target around and here we go for a terrible vacation. BTW, that past clip they threw in of him pouring a drink on her - in that clip, right before that drink is poured on her head, Schwartz's words: "You're a bully, Katie!" Yeah, she is!!

I was waiting for someone to bring this up.  Post 9/11 (maybe not immediately post, but for quite a few years now), the flight crew has to know who is in each seat.  I choose to not delve too deeply into the morbid/scary reasons why.  But, that aside, Katie acted like a complete whacko over this. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Tom & Tom, aka Dumb & Dumber, are in Mexico acting like clueless fools, while "their" place, Tom-Tom, has lines out the door.

Perhaps they should stay away more often.

Edited by walnutqueen
punctuation, people!
  • LOL 6
On 3/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I also have heightened suspicion about Beau with regard to the type of show he's trying to get on. VPR isn't the culinary equivalent of Million Dollar Listing.  It's a show about low-lifes, whose median age is about a decade younger than him.

I don't think everyone is as young as you think they are.  Median age of opening credits cast is 33, with or without LVP.  Add in Raquel and Beau and the result is the same since they are on opposite sides of 33.  All the guys on this show, save James, are 35+.  James is about 26.  Raquel is about 24. Lala is 28/29.  Brit is 29/30.  Everyone else is squarely in their 30s, with most of the women being 30-35 and the guys 35-40.  I think the better question, which Jax has asked before, is why is James hanging out with these olds.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:41 AM, RHJunkie said:

I totally agree with this because I also fall into the camp of finding her really annoying but she's easily the best person of the lot. She doesn't lie and exaggerate to villainize others, she's not mean spirited whether sober or drunk, she doesn't feed off of drama. She likes attention because she's so insecure. She's constantly looking for acceptance and as a viewer, it's annoying seeing her pander to men and women begging them to have a presence in her life when she has far better qualities than any of her castmates but she's always the one trying to get them to accept her. I really hope that Scheana will find her redemption story while this show is still on the air. I would love for her to discover her confidence to take a seat at the table and feel sure that she belongs there regardless of what catty bitches say.

I think Shay might disagree on the not exaggerating to villainize  front.  I'm going to disagree on the not feeding off of drama.  I don't think she's a shit stirrer, but I think she likes drama -- especially if it garners her attention.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't think everyone is as young as you think they are.  Median age of opening credits cast is 33

Fair enough.  I concede your point that Beaut is closer to being older than the rest by a half-decade as opposed to a full decade.   

However, I think I am on to something with his age being a WTF factor, due to responses such as these:

On 4/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Brooke0707 said:

WOAH!!!!!! BEAU IS 38?!?!  

On 3/31/2019 at 10:08 AM, Neveragain said:

Also I didn’t know he was 38, which makes the whole thing even more icky. 

I don't think there is something especially with James wanting to hang out with the chuckle fucks, as they are probably "cool" in Jame's mid-late 20's brain.  When it is someone on the other end looking at a younger group who "drinks, pukes and drinks" or whatever they were chanting last night, and the person in question is thinking, "boy, do I want to get in with them," it's not something I can understand or respect.  More power to them all if this arrangement works for everyone involved, but I find it utterly cringeworthy.  

I think they're all immature, to varying degrees, but I think it's one thing to be 27-39 and not realize or to not quite know how to get out of a cycle of arrested development, and another to be 38 (he turned 39 last month, but I'm just going off filming) and making an active effort to infiltrate such a group to the point that the desire to hang with said group is causing serious alienation from his 30 y/o girlfriend.  

He's such a starfucker that I'm humiliated for him.  "Embarrassed" would not be strong enough of a word.  

• Love 2

I just don't think he's any worse than 36/37 year old Schwartz or 39/40 year old Jax.  At least he has a real job and doesn't seem to be a pathological liar and serial cheater.  People are just used to the arrested development and shitbird shenanigans of the regular chucklefucks.  Don't get me wrong, I think he's extra.  I just don't think he's worse than any of the other guys on this show.  Honestly, I think a lot of them will start slowing down since they are all buying houses.  I'm no stranger to the boot and rally, but spending $$$ going out drinking every weekend loses its luster when you've got a mortgage to pay.  Although they probably get a lot of comped shit, so who knows.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't think everyone is as young as you think they are.  Median age of opening credits cast is 33, with or without LVP.  Add in Raquel and Beau and the result is the same since they are on opposite sides of 33.  All the guys on this show, save James, are 35+.  James is about 26.  Raquel is about 24. Lala is 28/29.  Brit is 29/30.  Everyone else is squarely in their 30s, with most of the women being 30-35 and the guys 35-40.  I think the better question, which Jax has asked before, is why is James hanging out with these olds.

I think Shay might disagree on the not exaggerating to villainize  front.  I'm going to disagree on the not feeding off of drama.  I don't think she's a shit stirrer, but I think she likes drama -- especially if it garners her attention.

Oh she was at her shittiest when it came to Shay and I won't even try to justify that. Maybe I can't recall exactly all of the things she said about him, but I recall her saying things in a petty way, but not in a 'I'm going to malign your character' kind of way. She was a selfish asshat when it came to supporting his sobriety and her being single only reinforces my theory that Scheana failed in her marriage because her insecurity requires loads of attention. Shay's addiction made it easier for her to mask how fucked up she is but it's been harder to cover up since Shay has removed himself from the picture. I don't know...maybe I'm just so used to her being single/dating and annoying that I've forgotten her horribleness prior to her desperate journey for companionship which has been the extent of her storyline arc for the past few seasons.

• Love 5
On 3/26/2019 at 8:10 AM, politichick said:

and go to the bloody gym.

To be fair, going to the gym does not automatically make one skinny (if they have an athletic build, or different fat deposits.)  I remember Katie's friends talking about her dedicated dieting/ work-outs etc in the 6 months leading up to her wedding and her body just wasn't doing what she wanted. I have no idea if she's on meds, but there are so many varying factors that affect one's body. To say 'go to the gym' is not fair, especially to someone who always works out.

• Love 8
On 4/1/2019 at 2:35 PM, Brooke0707 said:

I have mixed feelings about Beau.  On the one hand, I think "Stassi is so lucky she found this great and nice guy who adores her."  On the other hand, it feels slightly off to me and I have trouble putting my finger on it.  It seems like he was totally absorbed into her life and now all her friends are his friends.  And he's a 38 year old man so what was he doing until now?  And some of the innocence/lovey dovey stuff about their relationship also made me assume he was younger.  Knowing that he is almost 40, I'm kind of side eyeing it.  Not saying it can't be genuine and it probably is, but there may be some other motives going on too.

As the saying goes, "You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't." Beau was refreshing to the viewers in the beginning because he didn't come with drama, baggage, etc.  He 'gets' Stassi and accepts her, warts and all. As with the majority of viewers, once we get used to someone, we look for flaws and faults. Now Beau is questionable because he's near Jax's age and he doesn't disclose his past relationships. So what we loved about him is now not so cool. So far, no women (or men) have come out of the woodwork to claim Beau abusing or using them. Bottom line, I prefer him and Sandoval of all the guys, and he'd have to be proven to be a serial killer for me to immediately place him at the bottom of any list.

• Love 3
On 3/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, HunterHunted said:

The more I see of her, the more my Black ass wants to expose every last bit of her bigotry and fakery to the general public. And it is bigotry and privilege when someone thinks they can try on a culture like a pair of shoes and discard it when it becomes inconvenient. 

I have to admit that I was shocked by your comment. I can't imagine why any black person would be interested in watching this show. Its only 'black' representation has been Faith. Then there's Lala, and White Kane - these alone dictate your bravery in admitting you are both black and watch this show.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:11 AM, smores said:

Two days into the trip I started waking up at night coughing and couldn't figure out why, I thought I'd gotten sick, I thought I must be allergic to something in the room, etc.  It kept getting worse.  Nope, it was reflux from suddenly increasing my alcohol consumption a ton. 

Although my reply has nothing to do with the show, thanks for posting this. This last year I have noticed if I eat later at night (or too much) I wake up with a start because I am choking and coughing. It scared the heck out of me, and my hubby never experienced anything similar. But I was right - too much, too close to bedtime.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Although my reply has nothing to do with the show, thanks for posting this. This last year I have noticed if I eat later at night (or too much) I wake up with a start because I am choking and coughing. It scared the heck out of me, and my hubby never experienced anything similar. But I was right - too much, too close to bedtime.

It's a scary thing, isn't it?  I would definitely mention it to a dr, just to make sure they know to monitor things, but I'm able to keep things pretty well controlled with OTC meds, watching what I eat/drink, and sleeping on a wedge pillow.  It makes a huge difference. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

As the saying goes, "You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't." Beau was refreshing to the viewers in the beginning because he didn't come with drama, baggage, etc.  He 'gets' Stassi and accepts her, warts and all. As with the majority of viewers, once we get used to someone, we look for flaws and faults. Now Beau is questionable because he's near Jax's age and he doesn't disclose his past relationships. So what we loved about him is now not so cool. So far, no women (or men) have come out of the woodwork to claim Beau abusing or using them. Bottom line, I prefer him and Sandoval of all the guys, and he'd have to be proven to be a serial killer for me to immediately place him at the bottom of any list.

Oh yeah for sure.  Me side-eyeing Beau doesn't mean I think Jax or Tom or any of the guys are better.  I think that Beau would be at the top of my list.  But just because I think he's better than the other guys on the show doesn't mean I think he's great overall.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 9:30 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I don't think there is something especially with James wanting to hang out with the chuckle fucks, as they are probably "cool" in Jame's mid-late 20's brain.  When it is someone on the other end looking at a younger group who "drinks, pukes and drinks" or whatever they were chanting last night, and the person in question is thinking, "boy, do I want to get in with them," it's not something I can understand or respect. 

I think James thinks they are “cool” because they are on a successful reality show and make lots of money. It’s also why Racquel is so desperately in need of “friends”- the more these two hang out with the main cast, the more they are featured on the show. I’m not sure it goes much deeper than that. Whereas, with Sandoval, I think he likes having James around so he has someone younger, not married and a guy he can “mentor.” FI can’t stand to not be seen as the cooler, more mature guy in the group and Arianna’s lack of desire for a wedding and kids is crimping his style.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:56 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

I completely agree- Scheana will do anything for attention. Schwartz was probably at his most brilliant (not something he makes a habit of, obvi) when he called her a “bootleg Kardashian.”

@RHJunkie I think Scheana was pretty shitty from the start. Like Stassi said, I never bought that she never googled Eddie and didn’t know he was married. Eddie is a horrible guy, but Scheana was no innocent in that situation. Am I really supposed to believe that Scheana, someone desperate for attention and praise, started dating an actor and never once looked him up? If only so she can say, “he hung up a tv in seven minutes and he was nominated for TWO Soap Opera Digest awards. One, in 1999, was for “hottest male star”! Can you believe it?”

On 4/2/2019 at 10:55 PM, RHJunkie said:
Edited by MrsWitter
I don’t know how to get rid of that extra quote box!
  • Love 6
On 3/25/2019 at 9:25 PM, tinaw said:

Geez, Tom seems done with Katie

She’s a downer.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, Thumper said:

I like the bar -- especially the outdoor patio!

Wish Lisa would put away her cleavage.  Sophia Loren did it much better.

Why?  The young ladies with big boobs are sagging to their navels.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:02 AM, Double A said:

What is this strange thing that comes over these girls when they get engaged/married that they think their lives will be their men doing what they tell them to do for eternity? Aside from the fact that they are partnering with manboys, Katie looks for every opportunity to spouse a situation and Brittany hee haws constantly about her 'Brittocracy' over Jax. What in the Flintstone Marriage Handbook is that about??

Brittany grates.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2019 at 8:57 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Agree; as the GF of a performer, there is sometimes a bit of this issue. And I get it--I live with the guy, while these other people do not and sometimes people want to request a song or buy him a drink (or compliment him, and there's no way he's ignoring that!). Or friends want to hi because they haven't seen him in a while. While I know he's working and I don't expect him to rush to my side at some venue and fawn all over me (though he did exactly that when we started out, haha!), I think he should make a point to treat me a bit differently than all the other people he talks with when he's off stage or even just make sure he's got a few seconds to spare for his GF (especially on the few occasions when I am the solitary "band wife" at a bar because I braved the gig without a buddy or two!). Tom could have, say, asked Katie to come with him to do a little proud peacock walk around the place greeting people and whatever he was doing (rehearsing toilet paper replacement?); maybe she'd have said "no thanks" but still appreciated it?

Anyone we know?!? 😎😬😇

• LOL 2
  • Love 1