Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: I Don't Like the Sound of Your Voice

• Start Topic

I thought the upgrade thing was kind of joke-y, like, "Haha we got upgraded, in your faces!" because they were all together as a group and it was just random.  It was a short flight and it wasn't like Katie was back there alone-she was with everyone else in the group.

But, yeah, Katie getting so wounded over something so silly shows she's really keeping score and looking for slights.

• Love 22

Ugh...I knew we would eventually see the dreaded return of Tequila Katie. Who cares if Schwartz got upgraded and she didn’t for a short flight?! So maybe he wasn’t being a true gentleman, but a true lady would’ve been happy for her spouse, told him to enjoy his upgrade and savored some alone time in the back of the plane with her other friends. What a big ol’ jealous baby she was being, sending psycho rage texts for three hours before the tired old silent treatment; grow the fuck up and either injest more pot gummies or consider anger therapy, Mrs. Bubba.

Even though I’m a big Beau/Stassi fan, the dinosaur suit was obviously staged for easy extra screen-time. Such an overly cutesy “look how goshdarned *quirky* we are!!!” twee sorta scene, but that’s candid reality TV for you.

• Love 22

That was a very weak “first class” I have ever seen! Makes me happy I don’t fly Delta! Also, first words were for him to trade with her so she gets absolutely no sympathy from me.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13

Well honestly I’m not on either katie or Toms side, my whole take is that Tom gets to walk away and be the wounded bird.. because everyone let’s him! And yes katie is rude and insufferable but damn.. I wouldn’t want to be in any type of a relationship with Scwartz. It really is like trying to be an adult around someone who acts like a child constantly and again I have to say it’s because everyone let’s him! He’s always the victim. According to his boyfriend he is.

I don’t know how I feel about Lala and her antics because again I can’t be in anyone’s side. I don’t think Raquel is a sweet little angel as she is shown on the show(even though others disagree, this is my feeling) and James sucks and so does Billie and I don’t know if I dislike Lala. I just find her kind of meh for the most part.

Brittany is acting like an idiot about the drinking, far it for me to agree with Jax whenever I do I have to check my self but he made all kinds of sense about her situation. Not understanding why she was drinking when she shouldn’t be and also concluding that these things she’s doing now could possibly have bad heath repercussions in the future. He’s not wrong. Also when she was like “we need wild flowers!” “Wild flowers, like I can pick some outside?.. those look dead!” That was kind of funny. I’m sorry but he’s been kind of funny about this whole engagement thing. He’s funnier then when Tom and Katie we’re engaged and Tom justbgrumbled the whole time. Jax is kind of making jokes.

I like beau and Stassi enough but their little bit was kind of grating. And I’m a Stassi fan. But even I can’t with that.

I can’t tell if Kristen was being serious about the whole “Lisa letting me come to Tom Tom means we are almost besties!” Or if she was trying to be funny? I mean it’s probably the former which makes me sad and also makes me my roll my eyes at why Lisa hates her still. At some point it’s tired.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 14
58 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

So Tom invested more than a 1/3 of what he invested as a whole on TomTom for transportation to opening night? What a savvy business man!

I think it's supposed to be like the pink SUR coupe that used to be parked out in front of the restaurant during the early years. I've also read reviews where they mention that he and Ariana will arrive in it when they are at TomTom.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think it's supposed to be like the pink SUR coupe that used to be parked out in front of the restaurant during the early years.

It doesn’t show up on any of their social media. Still a stupid idea to take up a parking spot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Wicked said:

Britney's inability to not drink concerns me.  I think most of the cast would have a hard time not drinking but here she is given the choice to drink and puke her guts out or not drink and heal and she chooses to drink.  

Stassi and Beau are always talking on her podcast about how much they drink and how much they like to drink. Beau seems to be quite the party boy. I think all the chucklefucks have a bit of a drinking problem except maybe Scheana and Ariana. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Except Jax who appears to be sober most of the season so far.

Literally the first thing he did when he got to the hotel was pour alcohol into the nonalcoholic drink.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Maybe I'm cynical, but I thought Beau's dinosaur moment was a bit too much "look at me, look at me!"  (Knowing he would be filmed.)

I don't even think Stassi thought that was so funny. Beau tries too hard. 

• Love 9

My favorite moments:

(This one surprised me!) Ariana’s makeup tutorial/“TED Talk”

Schwartz’s self pep talk/TP rehearsal 

Beau: “I’m a little nervous. I know everyone likes to party... and argue.”

Not so much:

Lala regaling us with tales of how amazing her life is (and her weird bustier, which is probably designer but is not cute IMO) 

Schwartz, Katie, and the first class debacle (really. He should have been more sensitive to her feelings, and she didn’t need to take things to DEFCON 1. )

Scheana—Not objectionable, but not interesting.

ETA Brittany’s drinking. They allllll drink a lot but if she can’t stop for a brief period... 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

That was a very weak “first class” I have ever seen! Makes me happy I don’t fly Delta! Also, first words were for him to trade with her so she gets absolutely no sympathy from me.

Maybe you get TWO packets of Bischoff cookies!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Literally the first thing he did when he got to the hotel was pour alcohol into the nonalcoholic drink.

It's also surprised me how many times the Toms bring out their flasks (and Ariana/Katie have, as well). Who can't go through an event without a drink? They can't.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Stassi and Beau are always talking on her podcast about how much they drink and how much they like to drink. Beau seems to be quite the party boy

I am so happy to see a relatively 'normal' guy going out with Stassi, I can even overlook alcoholism. How sad is that?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Said it before, say it again: Katie always needs to have someone to hate. Right now James isn't around, Kristin's BF isn't around, and she's now friends with Lala so that only leaves Schwartz to turn her constant hate-fire on to.

As for the TomTom opening, Katie seemed pretty obnoxious and Tom seemed pretty busy. We have no idea if at any point he DID acknowledge her and tell her 'Bubba I'm real busy right now', but the editing we get suggests he just ignored her. He didn't need to play it like that for sure and that is his fault, but she didn't need to make HIS night all about herself either. They were both dicks in their own ways here.

As for the flight, I don't know how long it's been since some people have been on flights; and it's been a long time for me too - less than a decade but more than a couple years for sure - but you can't just go switching seats anymore so that's one very practical issue with Katie's nonsense. So while it may not have been super chivalrous of Tom to take the upgrade and not sit with his wife, if a grown woman can't sit for 3 hours without a man without absolutely losing her mind then that woman has issues. She rage-texted for three full hours?!! WTF! What are you, 16?! And she seemed pretty wasted in the hotel lobby, so she not only rage-texted for three hours, she binge-drank like a kid at a high school party for three hours.

To top it all off, NOW Tom isn't busy opening his incredibly busy bar, and is RIGHT THERE for them to spend time together in this beautiful place but since Katie hates everything in her life and needs to project her hate-fire before it consumes her, Tom is the nearest and only target around and here we go for a terrible vacation. BTW, that past clip they threw in of him pouring a drink on her - in that clip, right before that drink is poured on her head, Schwartz's words: "You're a bully, Katie!" Yeah, she is!!

• Love 19
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I had trouble listening to Tom and Katie fighting. Poor Ariana and Tom being next door and within earshot. 

I find that the contrast between the two couples is unnerving, especially when they film Tom and Ariana listening to Tom and Katie. I don't understand why, after 7 years, Katie and Tom haven't fallen into the rational argument stage, as many couples do. After a few years of marriage, I find I often pick and choose which battles I'll want to table. (Rage is what happens if you never get around to tabling any discussions). However, first class seats and hubby working overtime wouldn't even make my list.

• Love 17

Oh, PS, Brittany - Maybe everyone heard something I didn't and please correct me if we got a real diagnosis last episode, but it sounded to me like the doctor was just telling Brittany she had acid reflux and her and Jax are making it sound like she has some life threatening illness! LOL I have acid reflux.. I had a massive ulcer at one point as a teenager (normally happens when you are older) that left about 50% of my stomach lining scarred and thinner than it should be. At 16 I was put on Pepcid (not OTC), a year later they changed it to Nexium max strength, and about two years after than they told me to start taking two a day of those 'one a day' pills.

Now I just live with it. ~shrug~ It hurts, it's uncomfortable, sometimes I down a few of the stomach acid pills, sometimes I drink a Coke, which makes you burp, and it's gross but burping makes you feel a LOT better when it flares up... Point is, having a drink isn't going to harm you at all, it's just not going to feel great if your stomach flares up. Eating spicy food - same. And according to the doctor who used to treat me as a teenager when all this was diagnosed, while spicy foods and the 'normal' list of things are most likely triggers for it, each body is different and for someone it can be sugar instead of spicy, or bread because bread expands in the stomach and can cause more acid to be produced to break it down, or any other thing we consume just dependent on the individual's system and what affects it.

So yeah, Brittaany's fine, and her drinking is fine, and while they are trying to create a dramatic subplot here, it seriously sounded like just plain ol' acid reflux to me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Don't you be knocking Biscoff. I've got some of the cookies and the cookie butter in the pantry.

Definitely not knocking Bischoff! Love Bischoff. Hate Delta. The Bischoff are the best thing about Delta. 

• Love 6

Just watched the After Show or maybe just a clip (on Youtube), but Arianna talking about the dynamic between Lisa and the rest of the cast: yikes! "no matter how hard we try to improve she always wants us under her thumb" or something close to that. That's... a LOT. If Lisa sees that she may take issue with Arianna's candidness in sharing her opinion. Like Stassi pointed out: it IS called "VANDERPUMP rules"

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

IDK, Lisa's cleavage looks pretty good given her age and compared to some of the young 'uns. She's just doing "Lisa", and the view's still good.

Yeah, what's wrong with her cleavage??? Looks pretty to me. That's what natural breasts look like.

• Love 20
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Lala's faux gangsta shit is getting on my last fucking nerve. She isn't hard. She didn't grow up on the mean streets. This is pure Rachel Dolezal fucking fakery.

SO MUCH THIS.  It is 2019 (or probably 2018 when this was filmed). White girl fake gangsta is not cool or acceptable anymore - not that it ever was but maybe 10-15 years ago some people would have thought this was cute. But no, you are a rich white girl from Utah, just stop. 

• Love 19
34 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Yeah, what's wrong with her cleavage??? Looks pretty to me. That's what natural breasts look like.

If we're talking about Stassi and her TH's in the green dress the answer is nothing. They do look pretty and natural. ;-)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

And what exactly has Tom been doing with TomTom for four months that led to Katie feeling ignored?  I don't think anything that actually had anything substantial to do with the bar.  I suspect he was using it as an excuse to fart around with Tom all the time.

Or maybe he's not really gone all the time and Katie is just flipping out because his attention isn't on her 24-7?

• Love 7
Just now, ghoulina said:

I thought she was poking fun at herself; and I found it enjoyable. 

I also thought Kristin was making fun of herself.

But the part that makes her gold to me is that there is that room for doubt and even I think there was a infinitesimal percentage of belief that she and Lisa could be a thing, gold I tells ya!

• Love 11
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Brittany describing Lala's abhorrent behavior at the brunch as "badass" reminds me of the kind of lying trash Brittany actually is instead of the sweet country girl she pretends to be.

Even when Scheana is annoying, she's still entertaining to watch. Even when Kristen is cuckoo and unhinged, she makes for good television. I could also say the same thing about Stassi and Jax who could be evil lying manipulators, they made for compelling television.

But Katie and Lala are insufferable and awful. I wouldn't be upset to NEVER see either of them ever again. Katie has never been interesting. Lala is fucking trash. She's obnoxious and entitled.

Lala's faux gangsta shit is getting on my last fucking nerve. She isn't hard. She didn't grow up on the mean streets. This is pure Rachel Dolezal fucking fakery. Her father was a real estate developer. The high school that I'm pretty positive she attended is 84% white, 7% Asian, 7% Latinx, 1% Black, and 1% other. Maybe she learned how to be hard from all 12 of the Black kids at her school. The school's test scores are above state averages. Unemployment rates and household incomes in her town are lower and higher than national averages respectively. When she turned 18 and registered to vote, Lala Kent... Lauryn Kent... Lauren Burningham registered as a Republican.* This suggests all of her wanna be hard Imma drag this bitch shit is a relatively new affectation especially because nothing in her environment suggests that she should be so quick to threaten violence at every turn.

Think about the difference between Teresa and Drita D'Avanzo and Lala.

They actually don't threaten nearly as often as Lala does because they know they have to back that shit up. Lala is a privileged white girl running her fucking mouth with a group of people who will never call her bluff. I'm over this fake heifer. She's a cultural tourist who needs to shut the fuck up. 

Katie wouldn't feel so neglected and abandoned if she had actual shit to do with her time. If she had actually been working on Pucker & Pout, Katie, much like Ariana did, might have framed it as an opportunity to spend more time together now that the Tom's won't be busy in the same way. But that's the issue with Katie, she's got no interest in anything so she expects others to make her happy and fulfilled. This allows her to reframe everything as an external problem. It's Schwartz's fault that  she's not happy in her marriage. It's James' fault that she's not happy working at SUR when we just witnessed her being sour and sipping from a flask during Girls' Night In and just being a blackhole of need during the TomTom opening. Kristen and Carter's problems are quickly turned into an opportunity for Katie to go off on Kristen for her flaws as a friend. It's like a horror movie--"They're calling from inside the house!" Girl, the monster is you!

I think I spotted Logan sitting next to Billie at the TomTom opening.

*This is not to suggest that minorities cannot be Republicans or that being a Republican necessarily means you are dismissive of minorities. 

The idea of Lala getting her street cred from hanging out with the 12 (probably also upper middle class) black kids at her school amuses me no end.  Admittedly,  I'm Canadian and I have no street cred, but as far as I know, this is not how it's acquired.  Lala is terrible.

Katie is a cannabis user, right? I think, if she's a heavy user, perhaps she suffers from the rarely talked about anger/rage problem some users experience when they suddenly don't have any (like one might before a flight -- just a thought).  I think Katie could use therapy/anger management as well, but this might be part of her problem. 

I've been in that situation as well with my hub and upgrades.  Once he asked for me to get it (1.25 hour flight) and the next time, he kept it (5 hour flight. I noticed.) I was slightly irked but did not have wifi so could not rage text the entire time ;).   If it's done by the gate agent at the last minute, you don't always have the opportunity to say, "Can you please upgrade my spouse instead?"  I think Katie wanted everyone to see what a gentleman her husband is, nobly giving up his seat for his beloved wife, etc. But she married a child, so that's probably an unreasonable expectation.   Tom probably was still enjoying his moment and felt this was the icing on the cake; and Katie should have just let that go and not let it ruin her vacation.  

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

As for the TomTom opening, Katie seemed pretty obnoxious and Tom seemed pretty busy. We have no idea if at any point he DID acknowledge her and tell her 'Bubba I'm real busy right now', but the editing we get suggests he just ignored her. He didn't need to play it like that for sure and that is his fault, but she didn't need to make HIS night all about herself either. They were both dicks in their own ways here.

I was on the receiving end of this from a friend in the hospitality business years ago.  I said something about not being acknowledged and the friend responded, 'I'M WORKING!!!!'.

I know that at Sur you can carry on personal conversations during service, but Tom is part-owner of the location.  Ariana appears to have understood, but Katie has to make it all about herself.  Again, she needs some serious therapy before she loses all she holds dear.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Jel said:

Katie is a cannabis user, right? I think, if she's a heavy user, perhaps she suffers from the rarely talked about anger/rage problem some users experience when they suddenly don't have any (like one might before a flight -- just a thought).  I think Katie could use therapy/anger management as well, but this might be part of her problem. 

There was a shot of everyone when they arrived and Katie was smiling and looked pretty baked.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“Tom, Tom . . . Honey! Honey! Honey! . . . Tom! Tom! Bubba!”

Katie is like a toddler.

It's weird how quickly the script changes in these shows - is this actually what's happening or is this producer driven - suddenly Katie feels that Tom hasn't had time for her?  Katie and Schwartz don't really seem to have an adult relationship - they certainly don't communicate well together.  And Katie behaves badly when drunk - as does Schwartz.  Schwartz doesn't treat anyone in this group the way that he treats Katie when they are fighting.  He usually can't muster the energy to get angry at anyone other than Katie and then he's pretty ugly himself - starting by pushing Button #1 - "have you been drinking?" He doesn't attempt to listen to Katie's complaints at all, he just mocks her.  Schwartz just wants to have fun and deal with issues later (always later).  They both act like children.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

It's weird how quickly the script changes in these shows - is this actually what's happening or is this producer driven - suddenly Katie feels that Tom hasn't had time for her?

Katie used to complain that Schwartz had no drive/ambition, now he does; she realized she preferred the infantilized version and her ability to complain about him.  So, she's found a new way to complain about Grown-up Schwartz.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

It's weird how quickly the script changes in these shows - is this actually what's happening or is this producer driven - suddenly Katie feels that Tom hasn't had time for her?  Katie and Schwartz don't really seem to have an adult relationship - they certainly don't communicate well together.  And Katie behaves badly when drunk - as does Schwartz.  Schwartz doesn't treat anyone in this group the way that he treats Katie when they are fighting.  He usually can't muster the energy to get angry at anyone other than Katie and then he's pretty ugly himself - starting by pushing Button #1 - "have you been drinking?" He doesn't attempt to listen to Katie's complaints at all, he just mocks her.  Schwartz just wants to have fun and deal with issues later (always later).  They both act like children.

Got to admit that thought also crossed my mind while watching last night.  Producer-driven, or "Tom and Katie we need our own storyline" driven, or something. Did Katie also say something about it last week? It did seem to crop up out of nowhere. But then, if Tom wasn't working at all, and suddenly he started to, I guess that would be a big change for Katie.

Maybe it's the truth but I definitely felt a slight twinge on my "fake reality story" - meter. Shrug.

• Love 8

I generally loathe Sandoval and his treatment of Katie but I thought it was cute and thoughtful of him to have a helmet made for her. I mean, the whole thing was ridiculous but I was glad to see him include her and be respectful of her position as Schwartz's spouse. 

• Love 24
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Brittany describing Lala's abhorrent behavior at the brunch as "badass" reminds me of the kind of lying trash Brittany actually is instead of the sweet country girl she pretends to be.

Even when Scheana is annoying, she's still entertaining to watch. Even when Kristen is cuckoo and unhinged, she makes for good television. I could also say the same thing about Stassi and Jax who could be evil lying manipulators, they made for compelling television.

But Katie and Lala are insufferable and awful. I wouldn't be upset to NEVER see either of them ever again. Katie has never been interesting. Lala is fucking trash. She's obnoxious and entitled.

Lala's faux gangsta shit is getting on my last fucking nerve. She isn't hard. She didn't grow up on the mean streets. This is pure Rachel Dolezal fucking fakery. Her father was a real estate developer. The high school that I'm pretty positive she attended is 84% white, 7% Asian, 7% Latinx, 1% Black, and 1% other. Maybe she learned how to be hard from all 12 of the Black kids at her school. The school's test scores are above state averages. Unemployment rates and household incomes in her town are lower and higher than national averages respectively. When she turned 18 and registered to vote, Lala Kent... Lauryn Kent... Lauren Burningham registered as a Republican.* This suggests all of her wanna be hard Imma drag this bitch shit is a relatively new affectation especially because nothing in her environment suggests that she should be so quick to threaten violence at every turn.

Think about the difference between Teresa and Drita D'Avanzo and Lala.

They actually don't threaten nearly as often as Lala does because they know they have to back that shit up. Lala is a privileged white girl running her fucking mouth with a group of people who will never call her bluff. I'm over this fake heifer. She's a cultural tourist who needs to shut the fuck up. 

Katie wouldn't feel so neglected and abandoned if she had actual shit to do with her time. If she had actually been working on Pucker & Pout, Katie, much like Ariana did, might have framed it as an opportunity to spend more time together now that the Tom's won't be busy in the same way. But that's the issue with Katie, she's got no interest in anything so she expects others to make her happy and fulfilled. This allows her to reframe everything as an external problem. It's Schwartz's fault that  she's not happy in her marriage. It's James' fault that she's not happy working at SUR when we just witnessed her being sour and sipping from a flask during Girls' Night In and just being a blackhole of need during the TomTom opening. Kristen and Carter's problems are quickly turned into an opportunity for Katie to go off on Kristen for her flaws as a friend. It's like a horror movie--"They're calling from inside the house!" Girl, the monster is you!

I think I spotted Logan sitting next to Billie at the TomTom opening.

*This is not to suggest that minorities cannot be Republicans or that being a Republican necessarily means you are dismissive of minorities. 

But why does it have to be the 12 black kids who taught her how to be hard? I doubt that they'd know much about that growing up in Utah. Their families probably were among the strictest.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Cacophony and wherewithal?  Who is that and what did you do with Tom??? 

Ha!  Yep - they both were suddenly hit by the SAT-vocab stick - I also heard "contentious" and "deflecting" and "derogatory".

• LOL 2
  • Love 7