Type keyword(s) to search

S7.E13 All the World's a Runway

• Start Topic

Unpopular opinion confessions:

1. I really like Irina, even when she gets bitchy.  I wish she had won.  (I also wish her mom the best of luck.)

2. I loved Michelle's first and last dresses, especially the latter and would have worn it in a heartbeat (and yes, it does owe a debt to Dimitry).  

P.S. I had no idea Michelle was married to Bob Seger.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

But saying you should have won because yours was a "masterpiece" and the other collection wasn't close? Meh, that's a little sore loser bullshit to me. 

Isn't that what Evan said every week after the runway when he didn't win?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, vavera4ka said:

The first three dresses were the same. Along with the dress Michelle was wearing herself. And the last one was “inspired” by Dmitry. 

There were two dresses that were nearly identical.  The judges would have had something negative to say for sure if the designer wasn't one of their favorites.  I thought she was inspired by Dmitry's use of inserts several times this season.  I was expecting her to win, but I didn't agree with it.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

But saying you should have won because yours was a "masterpiece" and the other collection wasn't close?

No! Dmitri wasn't arrogant! What he said, of his yellow dress, was that it was "mustard piss."

What? He didn't? Maybe I hear what I want to hear.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, ava111 said:

If I remember correctly the All stars seasons always had very short time to design the final collections and only the regular seasons had months. Then towards the end even the regular seasons made the time much shorter and instead of months they only got 3-4 weeks. 

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was referring to PR season one. They had something like 8 months to work on their final collections. The amount of time they had to prepare their final NYFW collections got shorter and shorter at time went on.  Toward the end they had something like 6 weeks! Tim visiting at the 4 month mark to check in made sense. Tim visiting at three weeks with three weeks to go made no sense. 

And I understand that All Stars never had a big window. They weren't taking part in Fashion Week; the finale collection is basically just another challenge.

• Love 1
On 3/27/2019 at 10:51 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Biddell and his cork fabric and lizard-people story, um, not a snowball's chance. 

He would have won an avante garde challenge in a heartbeat, though.  I really liked his collection.  Almost nothing was actually wearable, but it was really interesting and well made given the time constraints.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Isn't that what Evan said every week after the runway when he didn't win?

For sure. He was all over the sore loser bullshit, haha.

I guess I found that less irritating and more humorous because he was an obvious underdog, and seemed aware of it. With Dmitry, complaining about not winning for the first time just comes across as a little entitled to me. 

Edited by rafibomb
Spelling is hard
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2019 at 11:09 PM, Fellaway said:

I think those were Dmitry's?  Irina had a similar pair of pants, though she had a side stripe in red.

The red stripe on Irina's pants, paired with the red top, was a bit too on-the-nose IMO. Dmitry's pants were amazing.

• Love 2

But, I hope Michelle, Queen of Horrid Taste and Fake Edginess  had to wait until this aired to get her money and has been waiting tables and cutting fleece at JoAnn Fabric to make rent. 

Well, gee, what did she do with all her winnings when she WON HER SEASON??? 

• Love 2

Everybody has always said green is a bad color for the runway, and that coat makes the wearer look boxy. Also, that pale peach color has been universally acclaimed as everything from "mother of the bride" to "Golden Girls". I find Michelle's clothes unoriginal. I agree, Dmitri or Irina. I really did like a lot of Biddell's things, but the cork thing was a bad idea.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

the cork thing was a bad idea.

But at least it was an idea.  

An idea constructed impeccably.

When Ann told him to make the collection cohesive, she did him no favors.  (Still trying to figure out what cohesived Michelle's peach to what came before and after it.)

• Love 3

Oh, I am so glad to see so many people on here agree about the finale...it was a joke...RIGGED! Michele was the favorite from day one. I've never heard so much praise for almost everything she put out every week. I think they purposely put her on the bottom one week in order to make it look like they weren't biased. That puke green coat was ghastly. Her dresses were knock offs of either other garments she's done previously or of other designers stuff. NONE of them were reminiscent of anything from the '70's. I was 19 when Neil Young's album "Harvest" came out and I very much remember what we young hippie types were wearing at the time and they looked nothing like her stuff. If anything, her stuff looked more mid '60's Carnaby Street. When she won Project Runaway I thought her collection was a ripoff of Game of Thrones themes and costumes...she even put the wolf logo from the House of Stark on a garment. Sorry, this was an epic fail for PRAS and the work of Dimitri whose collection was artful, original and well made was overlooked and robbed. On another note...Alyssa looked like a something out of the Frederick's of Hollywood catalog. Is Issac Mizrahi still considered an icon when he's plugging his cheap stuff on QVC? 

• Love 8

I may be in the minority, but I cringe when the poor models have to walk virtually topless down the runway. That was the second time I saw Dmitri make an outfit like that. I find it disrespectful to them as women.

Edited by unfashionable
  • Love 5

This season was kinda boring, I am usually a Dmitry fan, but his cockiness is just getting to me.  I can live with the winner, although I don't remember Michelle on PR just on all stars, must have been the season I missed.  That green jacket she made reminded me of this suede & leather jacket I brought back in the 80s.  Why does Alyssa always sound like she is gasping for breath when she is speaking ?  Her clothing too tight ?

All I could think of while watching this was that it was such a joke.  Michelle's collection was like her greatest hits-whatever the judges really liked during the season was repeated for her final collection.  Green coat from the weather challenge?  Check.  Use of various fabrics and illusion see-through components similar to an earlier Dimitri  design?  Check.  Short boxy dress with a variety of fabrics incorporated?  Check.  Two identical dresses going down the runway although in different fabrics?  Check.  

None of the collections wowed me, but I did love the uniqueness of both Biddel's and Irina's.  

When Michelle hoped to win so that she could use that money to start her business I wondered what happened to her previous cash winnings and the brothers' design studio.  The others at least seem to be working designers even though Irina wanted to open a shop with her mother being in charge of sales (RIP).  Maybe if Michelle just bought regular glasses and frames she would have more money to put towards her business...I wonder if she suffers from the special snowflake syndrome and thinks there's always someone around to bail her out?  And, indeed, there was-Project Runway Allstars...

Of all possible guest judges for the final runway I have no idea why their least known celebrity made it to this judging panel.

Well, they all got to add to their 15 minutes with this season, so I guess there's that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Of all possible guest judges for the final runway I have no idea why their least known celebrity made it to this judging panel.

They should have saved Iris for the finale.

• Love 12

Michelle: Winning this is the ONLY way I stay in fashion.

Me: Do the right thing show!

...but no. Wow, the judging gymnastics needed to get Michelle to the finale so she could be crowned winner were Herculean. Having said that, I don't think she had the worst collection. I can't believe Biddell was pretty much onto the conspiracy but still took Ann's advice. I love how he was dismissed within about 10 seconds of the judging while the other three were debated. Thank God it's over. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well, I'm glad I came here before wasting my time watching the finale.  I skipped a few episodes and only came back to the show as I had a tiny hope that the show wouldn't fuck it up.  Nope, they fucked it up.  What a bunch of garbage, giving Michelle the win.  Completely undeserved.  I used to be addicted to so many reality shows, but I've been slowly dumping them over the past couple of years.  PR (in all forms) is now dumped for me.  It's such a shame, because this show used to be amazing.  Now it's garbage (in all formats).

• Love 2

I know Erin irritates a lot of people, but she seemed to be a good fit as Dmitry's assistant. Unless there was a lot of drama "left on the cutting room floor" (what a pertinent outdated figure of speech), she quietly and competently helped, and at one point saved one of his outfits by remaking the pants that turned out to be too small

• Love 1

Didn't really care one way or another about the winner or losers.  To me, everything Dmitri makes looks like it's for either a figure skater (male or female) or someone bound for a Slavic Culture Fair.  I can't stand Michelle and her hair and those godawful glasses and her whole attitude.  I think Irina is a very pretty gown/bridal designer.  Makes pretty dresses.  I enjoyed Evan Biddel, because he was Canadian, and I have to say I loved the concept of his collection.  It's so funny!  So I would have preferred him to win, but in the end, it didn't matter.  So I am not wasting any psychic energy on the decision.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cyranetta said:

I know Erin irritates a lot of people, but she seemed to be a good fit as Dmitry's assistant. Unless there was a lot of drama "left on the cutting room floor" (what a pertinent outdated figure of speech), she quietly and competently helped, and at one point saved one of his outfits by remaking the pants that turned out to be too small

Didn't she make the too-small pants in the first place? I remember Dmitry telling her to make some cigarette pants.

The only look that was breathtaking to me was Biddell's last dress.....that was fabulous.  the rest, sadly, was not so good.  

like everyone else, loved Dimiti's jacket and pants.

other than those, nothing else really knocked me out.  

didn't like Michelle's at all.  and I don't get the response she gave about her model having a see thru outfit...that it didn't bother her because it's not how it will be worn.  well, why not show it how it will be worn???

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, rafibomb said:

The red stripe on Irina's pants, paired with the red top, was a bit too on-the-nose IMO. Dmitry's pants were amazing.

When it came down the runway I said bellhop uniform.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

The only look that was breathtaking to me was Biddell's last dress.....that was fabulous.  the rest, sadly, was not so good.  

like everyone else, loved Dimiti's jacket and pants.

other than those, nothing else really knocked me out.  

didn't like Michelle's at all.  and I don't get the response she gave about her model having a see thru outfit...that it didn't bother her because it's not how it will be worn.  well, why not show it how it will be worn???

Agree about everything, and Biddell's last dress.  Sexy and the model totally sold it.  Also liked Dmitri's last dress as art although it was not wearable.

Why didn't the judges make Michelle's model take off that green coat?  They always have before.

Interesting to see the comments saying that the fix was in for Michelle.  If so, WHY??  She is not popular with fans of the show.

I wish the person in charge of uploading pictures onto the official PRAS ig would edit the photos a little better some of the colors look a bit dull on my screen.

Many of y'all called it episodes ago that Michelle would win.

• Love 3

Whew, glad that’s over. A fitting end to this turd of a show. I sincerely hope there are no more PRAS on the new bravo edition because if anything, this iteration proved they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with their “all stars”....

I can’t even get up the energy to be annoyed. Even though I loathe her I did like Michele’s the best, but she didn’t really “design” anything- they were simple silhouettes where the fabric did all the work. 

My favorite pieces were Michele’s first dress, Dmitry’s red jacket, and Biddell’s last dress. I just didn’t care for any of Irina’s. Overall disappointing. 

RIP Lifetime Project Runway. I won’t miss you.

(edited)

Ugh, those photos just reminded me how much I hated Michelle's collection.  (And loved Dmitry's and Irina's.) Her silhouettes are so friggin' basic and shapeless and no complement to a woman's body.  I'd imagine it's a lot easier to design and sew shapeless sacks that would fit any of the models, than fitted garments, as well.  And do not get me started on her fabric choices.  Have hated those all season.

I'd stack this win right up there next to Gretchen's as worst ever.

Edited by Fellaway
Spelling counts.
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm not a Michelle fan at all, but just loved her collection. After her models walked, I thought, "Yep, she's the winner."

JMHO, but Dmitri and Irina's collections looked staid and a little tired, in comparison. And Biddell's was just too avant garde to win, even though I kind of loved some of his pieces. 

I will say that I would buy Dmitri's tuxedo pants in a red hot minute.

Edited by Tess23
  • Love 6

I liked Michelle's collection and out of the four in a blind judging would've picked hers. I love Dmitry. He talented and artistic and I love a good Russian accent but something about his work just speaks 80's ice skating outfits to me. I dunno. I'm fashioned challenged on a good day.

• Love 7
On 4/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, Brookside said:

Not that Alyssa has ever said anything useful, but I couldn't even hear any words because I was so distracted by her breasts - and not in a good way.

I thought I actually saw a nipple and it made me so very uncomfortable. 

The only thing I truly loved was Bidell’s gown. His gorgeous model was the perfect woman to wear it, too. She glowed. 

• Love 2

Clearly an Unpopular Opinion on this board, but I'm thrilled Michelle won.  She makes interesting, offbeat clothes and always has a unique and often beautiful take on the challenge.  I love her 70s and 80s references.  Her collection was the best, though Dmitry's was a close second.  I also like her personality.  People have complained about her snarking, but really?  Dmitry and Irina were completely high on themselves and scornful of everyone else, to a degree both extreme and boring.  I liked Biddell and his ideas, but his collection didn't draw you in.  Go Michelle! I hope you can make it work.

• Love 1