Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E02: The Future Is Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Ilovepie said:

Yes! Especially if said rich lady has FEATHERS ON HER CHEST! God, how uninspired can you get?!?

3 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I agree ^^^ No imagination! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pallida said:

Tessa's nude shirt (that may or may not have been trying to look like a strapless bra - I don't think the design went around to the back) reminded me of the fake tattoo sleeve shirts they used to sell at Hot Topic. 

At least it was an attempt at fashion.  Frankie said she loved creating fashion for full figured women.  So you would think she would wear some of her fashions to show them off instead of those tank tops and t-shirts that come 3 to a pack at Walmart.   I’m not talking about all dressed up in the workroom but at least some flattering Cotton tops where people could think, yeah, that looks really good.  

• Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 10:10 PM, notcreative enough said:

Neolutionists are real.

LOL!   And just like on Orphan Black the body modifications - were just not that appealing.  On Orphan Black there were people who had developed tails - but of course they were hairless tails, much like those of rats.  I like rats much more than the average person as per my screenname but most people I'd think who'd go for a fantasy tail would go for a horse tail, a fox tail, a squirrel tail.  The same felt true here - as fantasy body modifications, they all felt so uninspiring.   Why would I want horns on my shoulders? Wouldn't I want them on my head?  Why would I want wings across my chest, rather than wings coming out of my shoulders?   The  one I see succeeding would be the glow necklace, which seems absolutely destined to be the cheesy party accessory of the next five years.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:59 PM, Deevee45 said:

I’m really liking Christian’s bluntness and proactive approach

Yes!   I love Tim as the most unlikely of TV personalities.   But unlike Tim,  Christian has actually 1) competed on the show and 2) successfully sold his designs on both the high celebrity end and the low Payless end.  I loved when he started really going after Hester for loading up on five (FIVE!!!!) shades of blue tulle.   Tim would NEVER have done that.  If only she had paid attention.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, millennium said:

Maybe I'm just unfashionable but I thought the A. Human "add-ons" were repulsive.   Especially the neck lasagna.

It's not fashion, it's movie prosthetics, Klingon-style. 

Gross.

I agree, and I could only concentrate on the clothes by trying to ignore the "extras."  I was completely icked out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
55 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

To the above, crazy imaginative things and also someone else mentioned super hero style, wasn't one of the admonishments or criteria, either from Karli during the setup of the parameters or by Christian during his mentoring, I am blanking on when, that they not venture into cartoon-ish or super hero territory?

I think the criteria was “five minutes into the future”. I think “Back Gills”, or whatever they were called, managed to evoke sea creatures with normal clothes just fine. It doesn’t have to be a costume. Neck Ruffles team nailed the five minutes into the future concept while still incorporating their modifications. 

The problem Chest Feathers had was they used zero imagination in relation to the feathers, and rather just worked around them rather than incorporating them into their design. And I think the same can be said to Shoulder Horns team as well, which is why I wish they had been judged as well. Honestly, a case could be made for all three teams except Neck Ruffles and Back Gills.....

I actually think something like the dress Kovid made in the premiere would have worked better for Chest Feathers - that is what I meant by angelic or more ethereal.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I got nothing but love for you, @SailorGirl! Meet me on the "I Love Tim Gunn" couch, we can kick off our shoes and have a refreshing cocktail. Vodka and tonic? I'm buying. Its been a hell of a week!

You bring your vodka, I'll bring my tequila, and we'll have ourselves a grand ol' time!! I wonder what Tim drinks, because you KNOW he's got to be there with us!!! 

• Love 4

While the losing team was bad, I think I would have put the team that had the "duvet cover"  as one of the members in the bottom. Another one in that group looked like a sheet with a hole cut in it for the head. Only one of the three was decent IMHO--the sheer dress with a sort of flower pattern on it. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I know who Hester reminds me of in her outfits and mannerisms (although not physical characteristics)  - the lady mayor in Harry Potter who had all those cat pictures on the wall. I think it was #5. She was a nasty character but I was kind of fascinated by her clothes and Hester's kind of got the same vibe going. I wish I remembered the character now - she was someone important's wife and got into a position of power over the school, I can't remember how. I'm sure someone here knows who I'm talking about.

Professor Umbridge. She was powerful in the ministry and became a professor and then head in the books. Don't know about the movies, so I don't know about any resemblence. In my head, Hester doesn't remind me of Umbridge, but I only have my pictures of Umbridge as I didn't see the movie.

10 hours ago, Lemons said:

They also need to stop insulting women of a certain age by saying “don’t make it too old lady!”  They don’t understand women over 40 are the ones with the money?

Also, 40 isn't old. It makes me think of that woman who was a recent judge on All-Stars, Iris Apfel, who is 97 and could reasonably be called an old lady, although a nicer term would be better. Of course, she doesn't dress in the way these judges call "old lady." On All-Stars, a large part of what she wanted was sleeves. Now that I look at photos of her, Hester seems to be modeling her look after Iris.

• Love 1

How many pairs of glasses does Hester Sunshine have? She obviously comes from money because those aren't cheap glasses. Anyway, she reeks of quirky Coachella Lena Dunham 'I'm so edgy and different' entitlement that I want her gone, gone gone. Frankie was the right choice this week, but I'm so looking forward to seeing Ms Sunshine pants sent home. 

I'm loving Christian as mentor. He's straight to the point, and gives an honest critique that not only helps the designers make the garment better,  but gives some tough love. One thing I didn't care for about Tim Gunn is that he was very vague about what the designer should do to make the garment better. "Make it work" only goes so far if you don't give some suggestions on how to make it 'work better.' 

It is pleasing to see such  diversity with this group of designers and clearly there are some talented folks in the bunch. Sebastian blows me away. He did so much in such a short period of time, and it looked ready to wear. He  deserved the win. Afa also impressed, as did Venny, and Bishme. Lela gets runner up as winner in my books. I loved her look. 

Kovid is pure heart. I want to see more from him, and hope he gains confidence and shows who he is as a designer. He's generally such a cheerful guy, but felt his tears, and sadness was legitimate. 

Tessa was a bossy boots but some of her decisions did work out in favour of her team as her choice of wool fabric worked well for their  garments. The overall look was very cohesive, and looked expensive. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I'm honestly surprised that Christian has time to do the mentor role as he's been the highest profile PR alumni of all. I was trying to think of who else would have been the next pick if they couldn't get Christian? Uncle Nick? Chris March? Laura Bennett? Seth Aaron? The sadly passed Mychael Knight would have been great in that role.

Christian's been doing a fine job. Just wondering aloud.

Ugh, not Nick. I'm in the minority but I never liked him. Poor Chris March has medical problems and I think is still in a very fragile state. I adore Laura, she'd probably be great. I'd like to see Amy from a few seasons ago, she's a teacher, I think at FIDM, and had a nice way about her but I think she'd be kind but firm. But I agree that Christian is aces!

1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

You bring your vodka, I'll bring my tequila, and we'll have ourselves a grand ol' time!! I wonder what Tim drinks, because you KNOW he's got to be there with us!!! 

Oh, I think Tim would enjoy a dry martini, with two olives. 

• Love 8

If Christian doesn't stop saying "like" three times in every sentence, I'll have to fast-forward through the workroom critique sessions, too (I currently only watch the announcement of the challenge, the workroom critique, and the runway + judging). It makes my ears bleed >:|

• Love 1

Please add me to Team Hate Hester.  She's succeeding with the "kooky" attire in getting more camera time and talking heads, and it's becoming clear that it can't hide her complete lack of talent and skill and taste. I'm sure there's  a job out there somewhere when she's eliminated but I'm hard pressed to come up with one. Chuck E Cheese?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
43 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

How many pairs of glasses does Hester Sunshine have? She obviously comes from money because those aren't cheap glasses. Anyway, she reeks of quirky Coachella Lena Dunham 'I'm so edgy and different' entitlement that I want her gone, gone gone. Frankie was the right choice this week, but I'm so looking forward to seeing Ms Sunshine pants sent home. 

I think quirky is fine as long as it is organic.  With this one it comes across like it's a full-time job, the end effect being a virtual sandwich board and megaphone screaming "LOOK AT ME!"

12 hours ago, Lemons said:

Frankie said she loved creating fashion for full figured women.  So you would think she would wear some of her fashions to show them off instead of those tank tops and t-shirts that come 3 to a pack at Walmart.  

You aren't kidding!  When they showed her walking off and I saw the bad fit of her pants I was thinking it was no wonder she performed so poorly on the show.  She might have design ideas, but proper fit did not seem to be part of her repertoire.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, millennium said:

Maybe I'm just unfashionable but I thought the A. Human "add-ons" were repulsive.   Especially the neck lasagna.

Haha, "neck lasagna" made me laugh. I thought the body modifications were purposely creepy. But I was surprised how, taken out of the context of the A. Human installation and put with regular pretty clothes, they really just looked like elaborate accessories. It's silly to call them "body modifications" because they're just prosthetics you can glue on and take off like false eyelashes.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Lemons said:

They also need to stop insulting women of a certain age by saying “don’t make it too old lady!”  They don’t understand women over 40 are the ones with the money?

On top of that, most women want to be able to wear a bra with their clothes, but they often reward designs that are bare as bare can be without revealing nipples.  And they critique other designs for not being sexy enough because everything is not hanging out.  It's insulting to women to only design bare and sexy clothes, as though that is all women would ever want or need.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 11

Tears! Too many tears!

The only reason I wanted to cry was when none of the designers said hi to Swatch (who was right in front of them) as they gathered at Mood. Give Swatch some love!

(Buh bye Frankie, not sure how you made it onto PR in the first place...)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sesquipedalia said:

Haha, "neck lasagna" made me laugh. I thought the body modifications were purposely creepy. But I was surprised how, taken out of the context of the A. Human installation and put with regular pretty clothes, they really just looked like elaborate accessories. It's silly to call them "body modifications" because they're just prosthetics you can glue on and take off like false eyelashes.

I'm a cynic by nature, I lean towards depression and the downside of things.   You are correct in your observation that they are not body modifications but merely accessories.   The fact that these grotesque prosthetics can be put on or taken off at whim led me to think of people whose bodies are not what they would wish them to be -- objects of nature's twisted sense of humor who are born with unwanted physical deformities, skin pigmentation problems, etc.    People who not so long ago would have been offered jobs in circus sideshows.  Their physical challenges are not as cool as blue shoulder horns or chokers that glow, but in many cases they are every bit as conspicuous.   I'm probably alone in this, but I see something obscene in wealthy, beautiful people being celebrated for donning temporary "body modifications"  they can remove at the drop of a hat, while people who struggle with the real life, flesh-and-blood genetic version of the "A. Human" vision face fear, scorn and prejudice almost every day of their lives.   And they can't take it off.

• Love 19

I am only halfway through the episode, and I am already pissed.

Hester is such a piece of work! Nadine had every right to be pissed. I love how direct and straightforward she was. Tessa had some nerve to wander over and ask her to adjust her design so that flighty Hester could make a new piece. And then Tessa got pissy, "I was just asking." Her and Hester are two Becky's in a pod.  I don't remember the name of the man in Hester and Nadine's grouping, but I didn't like his whole "I have to be Papa Sparrow" attitude. I think he should have stood up for Nadine and not pressured her to compromise her vision. I don't appreciate how both Tessa and he expected her to make that sacrifice because of Hester's selfishness and lack of foresight. I hate that they were totally enabling Hester to be this massive snowflake. 

I don't feel that just because Renee is an older designer and has kids that she should have to babysit Frankie and Kovid.  They need to level up and be adults already. Renee has her shit together, they need to have theirs together. 

Neither Renee or Nadine is there to be the Mammy. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I know who Hester reminds me of in her outfits and mannerisms (although not physical characteristics)  - the lady mayor in Harry Potter who had all those cat pictures on the wall. I think it was #5. She was a nasty character but I was kind of fascinated by her clothes and Hester's kind of got the same vibe going. I wish I remembered the character now - she was someone important's wife and got into a position of power over the school, I can't remember how. I'm sure someone here knows who I'm talking about.

And why is Tessa over at Hester's team's table and butting into the blue fabric conversation? It's not her concern - she should worry about her own garment. Except she has immunity, so she could send nothing down the runway and still be OK.

5 hours ago, auntlada said:

Professor Umbridge. She was powerful in the ministry and became a professor and then head in the books. Don't know about the movies, so I don't know about any resemblence. In my head, Hester doesn't remind me of Umbridge, but I only have my pictures of Umbridge as I didn't see the movie.

Also, 40 isn't old. It makes me think of that woman who was a recent judge on All-Stars, Iris Apfel, who is 97 and could reasonably be called an old lady, although a nicer term would be better. Of course, she doesn't dress in the way these judges call "old lady." On All-Stars, a large part of what she wanted was sleeves. Now that I look at photos of her, Hester seems to be modeling her look after Iris.

Dolores Umbridge was very similar in the movies to what she was in the books. She wasn't married at all IIRC. She was a big wheel in the Ministry of Magic (closet Voldemort supporter division). She doesn't remind me of Hester at all. Umbridge had a very poisonous nature; Hester is just selfish and thoughtless.

Man, that was a whole LOT of tulle that Hester bought. And at the very last second grabbing Nadine's fabric and just tossing it aside? Sorry. Someone like that gets no sympathy or help from me.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, izabella said:

On top of that, most women want to be able to wear a bra with their clothes, but they often reward designs that are bare as bare can be without revealing nipples.  And they critique other designs for not being sexy enough because everything is not hanging out.  It's insulting to women to only design bare and sexy clothes, as though that is all women would ever want or need.

Exactly!  I would have loved those designs when I was under 25.  Of course I couldn't afford them at that age.  It is insulting to think all women want the adjective "sexy" to describe their look.

• Love 3

My two cents: I confess I was not a big fan of Christian Siriano during his active competitive days but he has 100% won me over these first few weeks in his new role. 

I think/suspect/hope that since he's seeing pretty much everything between designers that comes down in the workroom etc. he's sharing it with the judges to a much greater degree than Tim did. 

I have detested Sunshine Rainbow Unicorn since the moment she vomited her aesthetic onscreen but as of this week I hate her pretty much more than any contestant since I started watching back in the day. I look forward to seeing her massively smacked down. 

Tessa is a reasonably close second re: designers I want to see unceremoniously aufed. 

No argument with either of the aufs first two weeks. Glad Cavanaugh went first just because her air of superiority deserved the inaugural "you suck."

FTR, my favorite design these first two weeks in terms of awesome was definitely Sebastian's gown this week. BUT the one I'd buy in a heartbeat was Kovid's flowy chiffon gown in Week 1. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Tears! Too many tears!

The only reason I wanted to cry was when none of the designers said hi to Swatch (who was right in front of them) as they gathered at Mood. Give Swatch some love!

(Buh bye Frankie, not sure how you made it onto PR in the first place...)

I actually squealed "Swaaaaaatch!!!!" When they showed that cutie. And sitting here watching some Wofford NCAA action this weekend couldn't help think their mascot reminds me of Swatch!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I have detested Sunshine Rainbow Unicorn since the moment she vomited her aesthetic onscreen but as of this week I hate her pretty much more than any contestant since I started watching back in the day. I look forward to seeing her massively smacked down. 

She wore a beret that said "Cutie Pie."   I don't want to be in the same zip code let alone workroom with someone who sees herself as a "Cutie Pie."

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I realize it's early, but I really question the talent of many designers in this group, based on these two episodes.  I'm baffled at how Renee produced that beautiful look last week, and the horrible mess this week.  I know it was a group challenge, and that typically chaps everyone's collective asses, but still.

• Love 3

I thought the chest wings were the worst.  They looked like scar tissue!  How are you supposed to design a neckline that enhances those ugly wrinkles?  So tired of Manic Pixie Dream Girl, who spends all her time dressing herself in "QUIRKY!" "PLAYFUL!" "COLORFUL!" and can't spend a single minute planning an outfit that a normal person would want to wear.  Seriously...blue satin and tulle?  Oh,  Kovid?  PLEASE STOP CRYING.  Bye, sloppy Frankie.  I'll give you the same advice I'd give MPDG: If you can't dress yourself like a professional, why on earth would I hire you to make me something I would want to wear?  This is not the show for you.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I thought the chest wings were the worst.  They looked like scar tissue!  How are you supposed to design a neckline that enhances those ugly wrinkles?  So tired of Manic Pixie Dream Girl, who spends all her time dressing herself in "QUIRKY!" "PLAYFUL!" "COLORFUL!" and can't spend a single minute planning an outfit that a normal person would want to wear.  Seriously...blue satin and tulle?  Oh,  Kovid?  PLEASE STOP CRYING.  Bye, sloppy Frankie.  I'll give you the same advice I'd give MPDG: If you can't dress yourself like a professional, why on earth would I hire you to make me something I would want to wear?  This is not the show for you.

I know they all get highly insulted when someone suggests they try for anything less than high end designer but Hester could be successful in children's designs.  Kids love that stuff and grown women don't.  There are too many child clothes that are just mini-adult clothing.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I realize it's early, but I really question the talent of many designers in this group, based on these two episodes.  I'm baffled at how Renee produced that beautiful look last week, and the horrible mess this week.  I know it was a group challenge, and that typically chaps everyone's collective asses, but still.

I would say it's because of having to work on a team rather than selecting her own design, having to work with blue satin and tulle, and having to design for shoulder horn.   It was a totally different scenario than the first challenge.  I'm never surprised when designers to terribly on team challenges, or odd challenges.

• Love 4
Just now, izabella said:

I would say it's because of having to work on a team rather than selecting her own design, having to work with blue satin and tulle, and having to design for shoulder horn.   It was a totally different scenario than the first challenge.  I'm never surprised when designers to terribly on team challenges, or odd challenges.

I understand your points, but the week two garment was poorly fitted, sewn, etc.  Those are basics of the craft, regardless of the team/design aspect.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm a cynic by nature, I lean towards depression and the downside of things.   You are correct in your observation that they are not body modifications but merely accessories.   The fact that these grotesque prosthetics can be put on or taken off at whim led me to think of people whose bodies are not what they would wish them to be -- objects of nature's twisted sense of humor who are born with unwanted physical deformities, skin pigmentation problems, etc.    People who not so long ago would have been offered jobs in circus sideshows.  Their physical challenges are not as cool as blue shoulder horns or chokers that glow, but in many cases they are every bit as conspicuous.   I'm probably alone in this, but I see something obscene in wealthy, beautiful people being celebrated for donning temporary "body modifications"  they can remove at the drop of a hat, while people who struggle with the real life, flesh-and-blood genetic version of the "A. Human" vision face fear, scorn and prejudice almost every day of their lives.   And they can't take it off.

I was not a fan of the body modifications.   You bring up a great point about how society sees people not born with perfect bodies.  These modifications are the product of people who won the genetic lottery and happen to be rich.   All the possible modifications plus the ones shown when explaining A Human reminded me of the book The Book if Joan by Lidia Yuknavitch where the survivors of earth modify their dessicated bodies instead of wearing clothing. 

6 hours ago, ichbin said:
7 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I think quirky is fine as long as it is organic.  With this one it comes across like it's a full-time job, the end effect being a virtual sandwich board and megaphone screaming "LOOK AT ME!"

Exactly.  

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

2 hours ago, izabella said:

Quoting both because the second was a response to the first. Wasn't it Nadine working with blue sating and tulle and the shoulder horn? I thought Renee was on the chest wings team.

This whole thing is just weird.

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
On 3/22/2019 at 1:27 AM, Mommaj said:

Christian just seems supercilious and a bit snotty.

Because that's who he is, and clearly what the producers must have wanted?

Christian is talented for sure but he was never shown to be a warm, fuzzy, or charming.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

I don't feel that just because Renee is an older designer and has kids that she should have to babysit Frankie and Kovid.  They need to level up and be adults already. Renee has her shit together, they need to have theirs together. 

Neither Renee or Nadine is there to be the Mammy. 

Everything you said is true.  But it was Renee who said that she was going to let her two co-workers explore and express their own unique visions, because that is what she always did with her own children.   In other words it was Renee herself who chose to act as the Mommy instead of treating her co-workers like her adult equals.   This is not the way you collaborate with other adults in the working world, especially for people doing collaborative work in art and design.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, auntlada said:

Quoting both because the second was a response to the first. Wasn't it Nadine working with blue sating and tulle and the shoulder horn? I thought Renee was on the chest wings team.

This whole thing is just weird.

I think you're right.  I believe that Renee's (and Nadine's for that matter) finished product, as well as most of the others, were sub-par.  I apologize that I don't know the names of most of the designers yet, so I'll just say that the winning team as well as the team that sent out the first group of the runway (in black I believe) were pretty much the only ones that seemed worthy of the show.

• Love 1
On 3/23/2019 at 2:47 AM, Lemons said:

This makes me stop and wonder if the reworking of the show was meant to skew to a younger demographic, especially since the only "older" person on it now is Nina. Now I'm pissed off.

7 hours ago, ichbin said:

Christian is talented for sure but he was never shown to be a warm, fuzzy, or charming.  

I actually thought he was less snotty than usual. Perceptions, everyone has one and ithey're usually different.

• Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 2:47 AM, Lemons said:

Thank you. Bering a 'woman of a certain age' myself I related to the wonderful woman last week (was it 2 weeks ago?) who complained that none of the fashions covered the model's arms. And how many of the various garments make wearing a bra impossible without the stupid bra straps hanging out look?

Sure, I'm no longer 20-something but I'm a long way from dead, plus I have $ to spend. I'M your target, idiots--or certainly one of them. You want to just make fashions which can only be realistically worn by size 0 19 year olds? By all means target that audience but neither I nor my friends will be buying. We want to look good--not 'mumsy', 'old lady' or 'aging mother (or grandmother) of the bride'.

To reference The Devil Wears Prada...This is a billion dollar business, you want to treat it as your very own tiny sandbox? Fine, but you'll be seriously limiting yourself and your product...and this is a business which you've likely entered this competition to gain recognition for you and your product. It's an audition on a national television stage--don't most of these designers get that?

Edited by Beden
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

UGH. I hated her on sight and so far I was right to. I loved when Nadine told Tessa to "get from by here" because Tessa had no business inserting herself into that situation and Hester had already fucked the team over. I would have been so pissed if I were Nadine. Hester doesn't have the chops to be on PR.

I loathed Christian Siriano on his season but I've grown to like him - he walks the walk when it comes to inclusivity in his designs. I think a big part of it is that he was only 21 on his season and he's 33 now, so he's just grown up. (He's TINY. When he stands next to Karlie he comes up to her shoulder, if that.) I will always and forever love Tim Gunn but whoever said Christian wouldn't fare as well doing Tim Gunn's cerebral criticisms is right. I like the tough approach he's taking, and unlike the mentor on All-Stars (who I don't like), he offers useful advice.

Sebastian, Afa, and Bishme's were the best. Frankie was right to go - she, like Hester, doesn't have the chops to be here. Also, is it me or is there a lack of sewing skills here? And way, WAY more crying?

• Love 9

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you, but when I said toughen up, I meant more in the context of this show. I liked when Christian was flabbergasted because he was floundering and was just like, get a bottom going! Your model needs something besides a top! He does seem sensitive, and that's fine, but it's not going to help him achieve his goals by all the crying, and it's not very professional on the runway either. 

Exactly.  He reminds me of people in my life who cry IN ORDER TO TURN THE ATTENTION BACK TO THEMSELVES.  For someone like Kovid has been through a lot in life, crying over an outfit seems silly and shallow--the flip side of mugging for the camera.  

• Love 2
On 3/23/2019 at 2:13 PM, ichbin said:

You aren't kidding!  When they showed her walking off and I saw the bad fit of her pants I was thinking it was no wonder she performed so poorly on the show.  She might have design ideas, but proper fit did not seem to be part of her repertoire.

And when it is organic it isn't the head to toe costume look. She is ridiculous and her designs are hideous. She needs to go, stat.

• Love 4

I like Christian as a mentor. He's a window to the fashion industry for some.  I think he gives critiques from an industry point of view but with the intent of being helpful. He doesn't have to be warm and fuzzy since they are all adults; he just has to give good advice.

• Love 9