Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E02: The Future Is Here

• Start Topic

Becky...I mean Hester, got by because she was working with designers who were more talented than she is AND were much better people than she could ever hope to be.  Nadine would have been completely justified in shanking Becky...I mean Hester...when she tossed aside the fabric that Nadine modified her own design to give her.  I hope ALL the designers took note of that trick's behaviour and selfishness.

I really was rooting for Frankie but she doesn't have the skills for this kind of competition.  She's a lovely woman though and I hope this experience inspires her to learn the skills she desperately needs to succeed. 

To be honest, I'm very surprised at a lot of the designers lack of basic sewing skills.  I'm a home sewer and I would never have sent several of those pieces down the runway.  Kovid is a sweet man and we know that he can do better but his outfit was a disgrace.  He's very lucky that Frankie shit the bed last week because it's only goodwill that kept him in the game.  He's going to have to show that he's more than sweet  because that only goes so far.

Sebastian almost let Tessa play him right out of the contest.  I'm glad other people were watching and looking out for him.  Tessa had the common courtesy to acknowledge Sebastian's input but I wouldn't give her too much credit.  She knows people were watching and they would have had something to say if she DIDN'T acknowledge Sebastian.

Renee should have taken the lead with her team but she strikes me as a woman who just doesn't handle excess drama very well.  She shut down when Frankie and Kovid were melting down.  Perhaps if she had been a voice of calm, things might have been different and Becky...I mean Hester...would have been the one packing her klown kostumes.

• Love 6

Hester saying from the outset that she is not a team player does not excuse her from being a team player.  The team challenges are obviously designed to create drama but to also see which designers can collaborate without losing their individual point of views.  She was horrible and is fortunate that Frankie’s team was so much worse.  I also did not understand the team with the night shift and wraparound comforter.  They were also lucky two other teams sucked more. 

• Love 15

I am loving this iteration of PR! I think this was such an interesting challenge, and two days again!!! It’s just too bad there were so many missed opportunities in the designs.....I mean, The worst was team chest feathers and team shoulder horns, and I would have thought they would let their imaginations fly with what you could do with such crazy stuff. Sadly, no.....

I freaking love Christian’s approach to how he is mentoring. I think it’s tough love, and it appears many of these designers need it.

I wish the top and bottom had been decided individually even though it’s a team challenge because I really felt Bishme deserved to be in the top with Sebastian and Afa. Also, Hester deserved to be bottom too. I can’t believe the other two let her steamroller them. What garbage, and exactly how does tulle work with those horns?!? I was thinking Maleficent and she did My Little Pony......

I might be in the minority, but Kovid needs to toughen up and stop crying.

I was glad  Sebastian put his foot down with Tessa. She could have sent a garbage bag and been safe, he needed to do his own thing. As Nina would say, she has taste, and she has vision; it remains to be seen if she has sewing skills. We shall see when she is on her own again next week.....

We were talking about avant-garde in last week’s forum. I think Sebastian’s would have worked for that challenge. Not sure who is going to buy a reproduction on Bravo.com - where do you wear that in real life? Afa or Tessa’s would have been a better choice for mass production......or maybe that purse - it was fantastic!

• Love 6

A few more thoughts. Tessa's faux bra top was horrendous. I would boot her just for wearing it. One of the guys on team beige carries a purse that he wears crossed over his body. Saw it several times and at the judging really hope I learn his name before he gets sent away. And lastly, I am optimistic about this season for me the seasons really got fun when it got down to about eight designers because you can really spend time with each one. Oh, almost forgot Tessa taking the model. Another reason to dislike her. She had one of the traditional models for the first round so I didn't love that she traded out. She's kind of stealthy. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, roctavia said:

You can win, and then just get immunity two weeks in a row... was it Jeffry way back when who was all smug about winning after being the winner the week before?

Yes.

Fixed it for ya! 😄  (And yes, he did win even when he had immunity about it, which made him even more of a smug bastard.) 

I really did not like him and didn't see what was so special about his work. 

Back to our current season . . . 

Have to agree -- the right decisions were made from top to bottom, although one of the middle groups -- one of the models looked like she was wearing an inside out granny nightgown made of 50 panels stitched together, all with frayed seams. I thought THAT was going to be bottom. 

I liked Frankie and was pulling for her to stick around simply because of all the personal stuff she seemed to be handling with grace, but that isn't what this competition is about. 

I wanted to give Kovid a hug . . . 😞 He may have some drama moments, but he comes across as very kind-hearted and sweet. Now he just needs to step up the sewing!! 

That winning dress was gorgeous under any circumstances. . . 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I do not understand what "neck ruffles" are though.  I can see that the necklace, back gills, horns and feathers were supposed to represent implants someone (inexplicably IMO) puts under the skin, but what the heck were the ruffles?? 

They reminded me of the reptiles that have neck frills, although those aren't really 'ruffled', per se.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tessa was a tad bossy but someone had to take the wheel. She dialed it back quite a bit by day two, backed off when Sebastian told her he would not be able to help her on the second day, and acknowledged and praised him when it counted. I like her. She's a bit severe and unbending, but she has good instincts and knows her strengths and weaknesses.

And when she told Sebastian that his dress looked like it was drawing attention to the model's vagina, well, that's exactly what I was yelling at the TV from among my pillows.

I love Kovid still. He's such a dear. And he's his own worst enemy. Honey, snap out of it!

I missed the first 20 minutes so I missed most of the team interactions -- why did her taking the wheel make her "bossy"?  It sounds professional, businesslike, and efficient -- characteristics any professional should have. I did hear the "there are no bossy women, only boss women" from the judge. What I saw at the end was someone who didn't put down her teammates on the runway, gave credit where credit was due, and was straightforward and honest. 

I would much rather hear from a teammate that something was drawing attention to the vagina so I could fix it rather than have it be called out by judges who could determine my continued participation in the contest. That's a good teammate -- even though she's in competition with him in the long run, in this instance it was in her and her team's best interest for all of them to do their best -- smart! 

Add me to the Kovid-love table!!

I don't understand commenters who are saying things like "everyone gets bullied for who they are. Toughen up." True, but how many of those people were also arrested and forced to leave not only their homes, but their countries, simply for being considered "different"? While artistic types are generally known to be, feel, and express emotion much more deeply and strongly than some others, even if you aren't an artistic type, it is not as easy for some to just "toughen up" as others, whether it happened 2 years or 10 years ago. He did "toughen up" in his way, because he left. He and his partner (husband? don't remember if he said they were married) walked away from everything and moved here so they could live how they wanted. And now he's competing to win access to something that could give his talent worldwide exposure. That's a pretty big fuck you to those who tried to put him down in India and those who think LGBTQ are evil, or wrong, or whatever other ignorant perception you want to insert here. Seems pretty tough to me!! What I don't like is that he is letting it take over his design skills. In that context, yes, toughen up and don't let those emotions outweigh your ability to do what got you on the show. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, OhTheHumanity said:

Speaking of the workroom...I love that the newly-rejuvinated PR has updated and refreshed the sets (and the button bag 😊)  And I love the LOOK of the workroom, but I don't really love how it works for me, the viewer.  It's too chopped up and too hard to see the various designers except in relative close-up.  I miss the incidental background glances and reactions we used to be able to see from other designers in the more open workroom of the past.  The new one feels a little...I don't know, claustrophobic, I guess.  

Same.  It's a nice looking room, but this is a reality show as well as a design competition.  I want to see the designers interacting and reacting to each other.  This workroom is too big, with pillars that block views, for that.  A smaller version, without pillars, would've been better.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I might be in the minority, but Kovid needs to toughen up and stop crying.

Kovid is sweet and kind, and I am still interested to see what he can do as a designer, but he's also really kind of annoying.  He's rather exhausting.  But I felt for him this week and am glad he stayed.

1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Oh, almost forgot Tessa taking the model. Another reason to dislike her. She had one of the traditional models for the first round so I didn't love that she traded out. She's kind of stealthy. 

Hee!  I always rather enjoyed the model dramas of the earlier seasons.  "It's a motherfucking walkoff!"

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I don't understand commenters who are saying things like "everyone gets bullied for who they are. Toughen up." True, but how many of those people were also arrested and forced to leave not only their homes, but their countries, simply for being considered "different"? While artistic types are generally known to be, feel, and express emotion much more deeply and strongly than some others, even if you aren't an artistic type, it is not as easy for some to just "toughen up" as others, whether it happened 2 years or 10 years ago. He did "toughen up" in his way, because he left. He and his partner (husband? don't remember if he said they were married) walked away from everything and moved here so they could live how they wanted. And now he's competing to win access to something that could give his talent worldwide exposure. That's a pretty big fuck you to those who tried to put him down in India and those who think LGBTQ are evil, or wrong, or whatever other ignorant perception you want to insert here. Seems pretty tough to me!! What I don't like is that he is letting it take over his design skills. In that context, yes, toughen up and don't let those emotions outweigh your ability to do what got you on the show. 

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you, but when I said toughen up, I meant more in the context of this show. I liked when Christian was flabbergasted because he was floundering and was just like, get a bottom going! Your model needs something besides a top! He does seem sensitive, and that's fine, but it's not going to help him achieve his goals by all the crying, and it's not very professional on the runway either. I do think the other designers were sweet to encourage him, and I prefer someone described as "always happy" as opposed to say, Hester or Tessa bitch mode, but he needs to get some gumption when things are going wrong or he won't last long on this show.

• Love 13

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was this a completely new and innovative PR challenge?  I know they've done the "design for the future" comps, but isn't this the first "feature this extreme body mod" comp?  It was well conceived and well done.  Well, by the show, not so much by the designers....sigh.

I do love how Carlie slyly looked at the camera when complimented for the fancy new button bag (box?) emphasizing "It's a whole new Project Runway!"  If that wasn't a shout out to the fans who have been complaining about the Lifetime version...

After last week, I was pulling for Frankie.  I really was.  Then I saw the trainwreck this week, and realized that this competition isn't just isn't for some designers.  And Frankie is one of those.  She probably does really well when left on her own with lots of time to fiddle and fart around to get the perfect fit and structure. 

I have also never seen an episode where so very clearly the correct design and designer won.  Team Neck Ruffles was obviously out in front of all the others, and since Sebastian had not only made (arguably) the best look, but he made the best part of Tessa's look too.  I've got to say, that was the best use of illusion netting I think I've ever seen--including on the red carpet and the Olympic ice arena.  My only quibble is that it seemed a wee bit restrictive for the model to walk in, but it did look gorgeous both in motion and standing still.  Afa's was more subtle, and I really appreciated how the judges remarked on that during the close-up judging.  I think Afa's was Nina's favorite on the Runway, because she has a shrewd eye and can see past the flash, so I did like how the judges agreed with her after the close-up examination.  I think Afa might have won, except that Sebastian had not only done his terrific design but also the best part of Tessa's design.  And?  I just like Afa.  I love the juxtaposition of this gentle giant of a man making delicately beautiful women's clothes. 

I'm going to go on record right here and declare that I believe that those designers who are still doing significant work on their designs on the morning of hair and makeup after a two-day challenge will be picked off one at a time.  They neither have the skills nor the commitment to vision to make it on this show.

15 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I liked when Christian was flabbergasted because he was floundering and was just like, get a bottom going! Your model needs something besides a top!

Hee!  "Cry and sew, my dear.  Cry and sew."  (Which designer said that to who in what past season?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with you, but when I said toughen up, I meant more in the context of this show. I liked when Christian was flabbergasted because he was floundering and was just like, get a bottom going! Your model needs something besides a top! He does seem sensitive, and that's fine, but it's not going to help him achieve his goals by all the crying, and it's not very professional on the runway either. I do think the other designers were sweet to encourage him, and I prefer someone described as "always happy" as opposed to say, Hester or Tessa bitch mode, but he needs to get some gumption when things are going wrong or he won't last long on this show.

There's no crying in fashion.

I think Kovid is sweet and his story is lovely.  And that's what saved his ass yesterday because his outfit was horrendous.  He's on notice now.  It won't matter how sweet and lovely he is, he's going to have to PRODUCE, because that's why he's there.  The woods are full of fashion designers who have had hard lives.  It appears that Kovid was fairly well off, so it's not like he was starving in the streets.  And his colleagues might love him to pieces but it's a COMPETITION and when it came right down to it, they let him send that abomination down the runway.  I don't think any one of them is going to throw themselves on their shears for him.  So he needs to toughen up and get his head in the game.  Or go home.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

"Cry and sew, my dear.  Cry and sew."  (Which designer said that to who in what past season?)

In S2, Zulema told Kara, “I don't care if you cry and cut, but you're going to cry and cut. You're going to cut at that rate. Do whatever you need to do.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

I missed the first 20 minutes so I missed most of the team interactions -- why did her taking the wheel make her "bossy"?  It sounds professional, businesslike, and efficient -- characteristics any professional should have.

Well, for one thing, she told one of her teammates to go sew some swatches of fabric together so that she could see them (and then decide if it was an acceptable combination for him to use). Pffft. If you want to see them together, just pull the material out of your teammate’s bag and look at them next to each other. There’s no reason to order someone to sew swatches together for you!

• Love 10

There are no words to express how much I hate team challenges where teams are placed in the top or in the bottom as a whole instead of the contestants being judged individually, because you can be unfairly penalized (or just as unfairly saved) depending on skills that aren't yours.

I agree team "ruffles on neck" was overall the best, but would Tessa perform as well without Sebastian in her team? Let's pretend she would. Team "gills on back" also created beautiful outfits, and all three of them seem to be nice people and good designers. So okay, let's say the top 6 all deserved to be saved. 

Now, team "skin pearls/eyes on neck". Sonia's dress was cute and made sense with the body alteration, so go Sonia. The other two though, sweet mother of jesus. Jamall needs to stop it with the sleeping bags. I understand it's his style but is that all we're going to see all season? His look was awful. But wait, not as awful as Rakan's because honestly what. was. that. It looked like one of those makeshift rain ponchos you make with trash bags by cutting holes on each side for the arms. It was shapeless and hideous. So both of them individually deserved to be on the bottom (and Rakan deserved to go home).

Team horned shoulders was okay (actually I didn't even entirely dislike Hester's outfit) and the team that was actually in the bottom deserved to be there. Except for Renee, though, because I thought her outfit last week was FABULOUS and she absolutely deserved to win and I don't what happened to her this week, whether she was dragged down by the constant crying and whining of the other two (and she's a mother of nine so that says a lot about Frankie and Kovid) or she was just tired, that caused her to present an outfit that looked so scrappy and thrown together, but I definitely want to see more of her stuff.

Edited by stormy weather
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

Same.  It's a nice looking room, but this is a reality show as well as a design competition.  I want to see the designers interacting and reacting to each other.  This workroom is too big, with pillars that block views, for that.  A smaller version, without pillars, would've been better.

Yup.  I said last week that the columns were going to get old, and they have.

I liked the challenge, but think that they missed out on having a top two groups and a bottom two groups.  That way only one group would have been safe, and a lot more people would have gotten a critique from the judges.  One problem that people have competing on PR is that if they are safe, they never hear what the judges actually like or dislike about their work.  

Tessa lost major points from me this week - just from that ridiculous outfit on day 1.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, NYGirl said:

I'm with the Designer Judge...I'm going to need to be medicated this season....so much drama...so much crying...so much bitchiness and entitlement.  What have they done to my show?

I feel you girl! This is awful, at least for me. Last week I thought it was possibly the worst season ever with almost no talent at all.

4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

To be honest, I'm very surprised at a lot of the designers lack of basic sewing skills.  I'm a home sewer and I would never have sent several of those pieces down the runway. 

I was in a 4H Sewing Club (not at my request thankyouverymuch) when I was about 7, and my pieces were sewn better than most of what I saw last night. It feels like we're was watching middle schoolers in some sort of 'couture' HomeEc sewing challenge. It was horrendous. And the crying, my god! Kovid hon, just go home, you aren't cut out for a competition like this. And then the continued crying, it really worked my last nerve because even the loser's going home became all about Kovid and his crying. Jesus H Christ, get a grip on yourself! I think Bravo needs to provide sedatives, edibles or wine for viewers to get through this season.

I'm not warming up to Karlie at all either, nor the new judge. Nina is always reliable, but I need more substance from the male judge besides proclamations of exasperation and hand waves to the door. Give me specific critiques, that's why I watch the show. Christian I'm liking a lot, but I always liked him and I think he's a great addition, if we can't have Tim.

ETA: Sebastian's outfit was stunning, as was his handbag, so there's that, a small ray of sunshine amidst a shitstorm of, well, shit.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

In S2, Zulema told Kara, “I don't care if you cry and cut, but you're going to cry and cut. You're going to cut at that rate. Do whatever you need to do.”

Thank you!  Cry and cut...  I knew I was missing something.

1 hour ago, Reciprocity said:

Hester Sunshine reminds me of the designer Rose Weil in Ocean's Eight played by Helena Bonham Carter.

Oh yes.  I realize HBC is just playing a character there, but HBC herself is the personification of deep quirky talent.  Hester needs to learn that quirky needs substance to back it up, otherwise it is just an affectation.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I missed the first 20 minutes so I missed most of the team interactions -- why did her taking the wheel make her "bossy"?  It sounds professional, businesslike, and efficient -- characteristics any professional should have. I did hear the "there are no bossy women, only boss women" from the judge. What I saw at the end was someone who didn't put down her teammates on the runway, gave credit where credit was due, and was straightforward and honest. 

I would much rather hear from a teammate that something was drawing attention to the vagina so I could fix it rather than have it be called out by judges who could determine my continued participation in the contest. That's a good teammate -- even though she's in competition with him in the long run, in this instance it was in her and her team's best interest for all of them to do their best -- smart! 

Taking the wheel didn't make her bossy,  but the way she approached it was less than tactful. She came off as something of a know it all, and was somewhat sharp and peremptory in manner. That's why I used the word bossy. She didn't show much diplomacy, which is also a desirable leadership quality. She did know what she was talking about and she led her team to victory. She acknowledged her teammates in a very kind and lovely way. She was absolutely correct in telling Sebastian that his dress was a map to his model's vagina. He acknowledged it too. I guess I'm not sure what about my use of the word bossy is bothersome? She did take the wheel,  though she was less than gracious at first, ruffling some feathers. I like her and think she did a good job. She was right about Sebastian's dress, and the fabric choice. Several of her fellow designers snarked on her for having gaps in her sewing ability, but I saw it as recognizing her weaknesses and using the fact that they were a team to her advantage. But if Sebastian hadn't shut her down on the second day and told her straight up that he would not have time to help her with her outfit because he had to work on his own, she would have blithely continued to call upon him to help her. And she took that mild rebuke very well. Tess interests me. I think she's one to watch.

3 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I agree. Not everyone is going to respond in the same way. Though I do think that Kovid needs to adopt some strategies to protect himself. He's so sweet and tender and emotional. If he keeps putting everything out there all the time, he'll exhaust himself. I want to sit him down and give him a cup of tea.

2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

After last week, I was pulling for Frankie.  I really was.  Then I saw the trainwreck this week, and realized that this competition isn't just isn't for some designers.  And Frankie is one of those.  She probably does really well when left on her own with lots of time to fiddle and fart around to get the perfect fit and structure. 

Agreed. Some people are wonderful at what they do but fall apart in the pressure cooker of competition. We've seen it time and time again. The fabulous chef who gets pipped at the post on Top Chef, or the dedicated home baker who's been making cakes for her family for 50 years getting booted on the Great British Baking Show. I liked Frankie and wish her the best, but in a way I'm glad she's gone because watching her fail is too painful.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 11
57 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Taking the wheel didn't make her bossy,  but the way she approached it was less than tactful. She came off as something of a know it all, and was somewhat sharp and peremptory in manner. That's why I used the word bossy. She didn't show much diplomacy, which is also a desirable leadership quality. She did know what she was talking about and she led her team to victory. She acknowledged her teammates in a very kind and lovely way. She was absolutely correct in telling Sebastian that his dress was a map to his model's vagina. He acknowledged it too. I guess I'm not sure what about my use of the word bossy is bothersome? She did take the wheel,  though she was less than gracious at first, ruffling some feathers. I like her and think she did a good job. She was right about Sebastian's dress, and the fabric choice. Several of her fellow designers snarked on her for having gaps in her sewing ability, but I saw it as recognizing her weaknesses and using the fact that they were a team to her advantage. But if Sebastian hadn't shut her down on the second day and told her straight up that he would not have time to help her with her outfit because he had to work on his own, she would have blithely continued to call upon him to help her. And she took that mild rebuke very well. Tess interests me. I think she's one to watch.

Gotcha -- apologies if you thought I was questioning your use of bossy, I wasn't at all, and didn't mean it to sound like I was. I was asking what happened that she came off as bossy, because I missed the first half and 95% of the team interactions -- I came in when Frankie was preparing to recut her panel and Kovid needed a skirt -- all I saw was how she was on the runway and what the judge said. Thanks for explaining. I am going to catch up on it this weekend. Sew on! 🙂

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 1

What really got me with Tessa was her going over to another team and giving unsolicited suggestions regarding the who gets the fabric fiasco.  I wouldn't describe it as bossy, but it was not her place or her business and came across as high-handed to me.

• Love 22
13 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

What really got me with Tessa was her going over to another team and giving unsolicited suggestions regarding the who gets the fabric fiasco.  I wouldn't describe it as bossy, but it was not her place or her business and came across as high-handed to me.

Tessa was really feeling her immunity.  She knew she was safe so she could swan around and involve herself in situations that were none of her business, all the while making Sebastian put her outfit together.  Her 'assistance' was strictly for the camera because I don't believe that she has THAT kind of relationship with her team-mates.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

That moment actually brought me all the way around on her. She's compulsive about it and can't help putting her 2 cents in. She also owned her bossiness, and gave due credit for her teammate's work. I feel she'd be up front about her tendencies at the start of any partnership, and say "feel free to tell me to fuck off anytime". And mean it. We'll see in future weeks if that's a correct assessment or not.

• Love 6

Tessa's nude shirt (that may or may not have been trying to look like a strapless bra - I don't think the design went around to the back) reminded me of the fake tattoo sleeve shirts they used to sell at Hot Topic. 

While there probably wasn't time for it, I think some of the non-horn teams would have benefited from having the makeup team add color to their body modifications. While I don't think the feather team did a good job showcasing the feathers, I also thought the feathers needed some attention. They didn't have the same kind of depth as the other body modifications. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Plums said:

It was worse than that. Not only did Hester obnoxiously insist on that awful blue and the tulle, but Christian actually offered his opinion that it was terrible before they bought it, and she still insisted. 

Also, after Nadine figured she could make one of those blue fabrics work, they discovered they were significantly overbudget and had to get rid of some of their fabric. The dark blue fabric was sacrificed unilaterally by Hester because she absolutely had to have her awful tulle and didn't give a shit about anyone else. 

And then she told Christian (I think) some weird story about what they were doing. I thought the other designers had surprised looks on their faces when she started that story, like it was the first time they'd heard it.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, Christian is being much more blunt than Tim ever was!

Works for me, if he does not become snarky about it instead.  I think Tim dropped the ball a few times with advice as time went on and some of the things Christian has said seemed right on target.  I think he is good at getting them inspired to do their best and fix what needs to be fixed, rather than just worry about it.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Successful Week 2 !! Have never loved team challenges, but so happy they didn't ask each designer "who should go home?" off the losing team. I need to learn some more names. There are prob 6 designers I still don't know names of.

I agree.  Interesting week, although  I don't really like the look of modifications at all.   I also agree it was not a good  idea to any of the contestants who should go home in previous reincarnations.  Designers have enough stress without making a decision like that against another one.   Judges, that is YOUR job.

18 hours ago, roctavia said:

You can win, and then just get immunity two weeks in a row... was it Jeffry way back when who was all smug about winning after being the winner the week before?

Probably.  Sounds like his style.    He was a jerk who made some beautiful clothes.   HIs girlfriend, Melanie if I remember correctly, was a sweetheart and their little boy adorable.  I believe they are no longer together.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Gotcha -- apologies if you thought I was questioning your use of bossy, I wasn't at all, and didn't mean it to sound like I was. I was asking what happened that she came off as bossy, because I missed the first half and 95% of the team interactions -- I came in when Frankie was preparing to recut her panel and Kovid needed a skirt -- all I saw was how she was on the runway and what the judge said. Thanks for explaining. I am going to catch up on it this weekend. Sew on! 🙂

I got nothing but love for you, @SailorGirl! Meet me on the "I Love Tim Gunn" couch, we can kick off our shoes and have a refreshing cocktail. Vodka and tonic? I'm buying. Its been a hell of a week!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pallida said:

Tessa's nude shirt (that may or may not have been trying to look like a strapless bra - I don't think the design went around to the back) reminded me of the fake tattoo sleeve shirts they used to sell at Hot Topic. 

While there probably wasn't time for it, I think some of the non-horn teams would have benefited from having the makeup team add color to their body modifications. While I don't think the feather team did a good job showcasing the feathers, I also thought the feathers needed some attention. They didn't have the same kind of depth as the other body modifications. 

So much YES! for the idea that the feather team should have had the makeup team include adding shading or something - hell, glitter - to the plastic that was pasted to the models' chests. Of course, that wouldn't have helped the terrible designs. I thought the chest feathers screamed for some kind of superhero theme for the collection. Something. Anything.

• Love 8

I'm honestly surprised that Christian has time to do the mentor role as he's been the highest profile PR alumni of all. I was trying to think of who else would have been the next pick if they couldn't get Christian? Uncle Nick? Chris March? Laura Bennett? Seth Aaron? The sadly passed Mychael Knight would have been great in that role.

Christian's been doing a fine job. Just wondering aloud.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I missed some of the shopping at Mood.  Why did the horn team pick that awful blue?

Because Hester is a rotten spoiled baby. 

I dont love Nadine, but Hester was rotten to her. I didn’t have an opinion about Tessa last week, but I hate her this week. She can go soon too. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I thought the chest feathers screamed for some kind of superhero theme for the collection.

Good idea. That could have been cool.

I thought the designers on Team Feathers would make all their tops totally strapless and sleeveless to show off the feathers and go for a flowy or wing-like effect in the back. Instead they went the opposite route and opted to cage the bird, though I don't think it was intentional.

I'm surprised the woman who has nine kids wasn't better at wrangling her group. You'd think with her being older and more experienced, and in the top last week, that she would have taken on a leadership role when grouped with two younger and somewhat insecure designers.

Tessa got the the villain cut toward the beginning, but in the end she turned out to be an effective leader.

I can't remember another PR group challenge where the top and bottom were so obvious. I could have been a judge! 

Thank the Maker they are no longer asking the contestants to throw each other under the bus with the "Who do you think should go home" question. That is such a big improvement in this version of the show.

The host should use Heidi's phrase "You may leave the runway" instead of "head back to the lounge." It's much snappier. I like that they are keeping the language of "in or out" and other distinctive features of the show while updating other aspects.

Edited by Sesquipedalia
  • Love 11

Burning question I'm afraid to ask - I tried to watch diligently during the Mood scenes, but I never saw Swatch.  Has he crossed the rainbow bridge?   I think he was born in 2007, same as my choco Lab, so that's getting up there for a dog, but I hope I just missed spotting him. 

2 minutes ago, Calamity Jane said:

Burning question I'm afraid to ask - I tried to watch diligently during the Mood scenes, but I never saw Swatch.  Has he crossed the rainbow bridge?   I think he was born in 2007, same as my choco Lab, so that's getting up there for a dog, but I hope I just missed spotting him. 

You can rest easy. He's still there.

• Love 19

I'm watching the episode now and haven't read any posts yet. Right now Nadine and Hester have plummeted to the bottom of my who do I like best? list. Hester and Survivor Wendy could be sisters in their insistence of doing everything their own way and who cares about anyone else. Nadine is so bossy so far. Where does she get off anyway? Everyone still has to have their own look. I kind of liked both last week, but no longer if they continue their behavior through the rest of the episode.

I said Nadine, but I think I mean Tessa, the one who won last week who has a bob haircut.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

The host should use Heidi's phrase "You may leave the runway" instead of "head back to the lounge." It's much snappier. I like that they are keeping the language of "in or out" and other distinctive features of the show while updating other aspects.

The only thing that bothers me is that she says "You ARE out" or "You ARE in" instead of "You're out" it just sounds so much more stilted then when Heidi would say it (and maybe Heidi was saying the full words but it all ran together much more smooth with her accent)

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 1

I know who Hester reminds me of in her outfits and mannerisms (although not physical characteristics)  - the lady mayor in Harry Potter who had all those cat pictures on the wall. I think it was #5. She was a nasty character but I was kind of fascinated by her clothes and Hester's kind of got the same vibe going. I wish I remembered the character now - she was someone important's wife and got into a position of power over the school, I can't remember how. I'm sure someone here knows who I'm talking about.

And why is Tessa over at Hester's team's table and butting into the blue fabric conversation? It's not her concern - she should worry about her own garment. Except she has immunity, so she could send nothing down the runway and still be OK.

• Love 1

Sebastien definitely deserved the win. Glad to see him do so well. His dress reminded me of Leanne's fashion week collection in season 5. While Leanne had the vertical "petal" look in a skirt, I don't think she had a full body length petal look. Tessa's outfit looked pretty good, but if this hadn't been a team challenge I wonder how well she would have done.

I'm sorry to see Frankie go, but she didn't do well. I'm sure she does good work in real life when she has longer than two days to complete looks. 

• Love 6

Maybe I'm just unfashionable but I thought the A. Human "add-ons" were repulsive.   Especially the neck lasagna.

It's not fashion, it's movie prosthetics, Klingon-style. 

Gross.

Maybe one of these weeks they can do fashion based on Dr. Pimple Popper episodes.

Can't.  Stand.  Hester.   I would have extreme difficulty working with someone whose appearance AND attitude grate on me so much, especially when the appearance seems to be all about attention-whoring.    

Towards the end I found myself chanting, "Let it be Kovid, let it be Kovid."   I loved it when Nina told him not to cry.   Wish she had added, "You're an adult, start acting like it."

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Calamity Jane said:

Swatch was there briefly, just as the designers entered. I noticed him before Christian, who was in the same shot.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, little black cloud said:

A rich lady calling her stylist and asking for a bunch of party dresses” isn’t exactly a compelling answer to the question of who your girl is and where she’s going, TEAM. 

Yes! Especially if said rich lady has FEATHERS ON HER CHEST! God, how uninspired can you get?!?

3 hours ago, Sesquipedalia said:

I thought the designers on Team Feathers would make all their tops totally strapless and sleeveless to show off the feathers and go for a flowy or wing-like effect in the back.

That is exactly where my mind went too. I was envisioning something flowy and/or ethereal, maybe angelic? Instead, a bunch of dark, sad, badly made clothes. Pretty disappointing.

• Love 12