Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: It's a Clam Shame

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Thank you!!  Would you consider them “true to size”?  That’s my biggest issue with ordering jeans that I am not familiar with.

Yes, I would say so. On HSN Bethanny said if you are unsure, go one size smaller. These are European sized so there are a lot more size options. I did size down and they fit well. These jeans are very stretchy and comfortable so I think there is some wiggle room as to the size anyway. I got mine in peach and I may go back for the aqua looking ones

HunterHunted, thanks for the info in pain meds. My husband actually does see a pain speciaist at a pain clinic and he has had no issues with getting meds, I think its easier for someone like him to get his meds, what with something in his history like aortic dissection and a body covered in scars. 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Because people can get opioids.  And Ramona is so clueless about this epidemic.  It didn’t start on the street, it started in the suburbs with nice people with prescriptions and insurance.  I saw a recent report that on the east coast it is now hitting the streets as a street drug.

They always were.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, chewycandy said:

There was also the LuMan stuff. But Luann gets the guys, and men flee from Ramona. Her insults definitely come from a place of jealousy.

To be fair LuMann was a Carole original (and why I went from annoyance to hating her. Bye bye! Don’t miss you). But it does crack me up how much of a premium Ramona seems to place on being very traditionally feminine and ladylike considering....Ramona.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

For anybody who thought Sonja's lacy cover-up was cute (and I did, but also oddly familiar), I can possibly save you about $73 and change off the Sonja Morgan Original price.

I spend too much time on ebay.

All yours for $6.19, with free shipping. 

image.png.94235f6174b36945d9e0225ba5f3e443.png

(This is the same dress, yes?)

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

For anybody who thought Sonja's lacy cover-up was cute (and I did, but also oddly familiar), I can possibly save you about $73 and change off the Sonja Morgan Original price.

I spend too much time on eBay.

All yours for $6.19, with free shipping. 

image.png.94235f6174b36945d9e0225ba5f3e443.png

(This is the same dress, yes?)

Same, but better. Sonja’s team knocked it off, most likely.

Edited by OnceSane
Removed link.
  • Love 8

You think?  I'm wondering why they'd need to spend the time and money knocking it off when they can buy them by the truckload from China for probably less than the $6.19 apiece you'd pay on eBay and mark them up to $79.99.  But I'm not exactly a schmatta-trade maven.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Same, but better. Sonja’s team knocked it off, most likely.

No wonder Sonia was willing to load it up with lobster. One lobster was worth five times the dress.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 3/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, njbchlover said:

I commend Bethenny for all the charity and humanitarian work she has/is doing, too, but I just wish that maybe she would leave the high-end designer purses home.  She was wearing a Gucci black leather backpack purse that cost over $2,200.00.  Just seems pretentious to me to visit people who have lost everything while wearing an expensive purse like that.

I admit I had the same moment but then I was like she flies into disaster areas on private jets and runs around handing out stacks of cash cards. She's Rich B&tch Super Hero and her backpack is her cape.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Not everyone who overdoses is an addict. Not everyone who regularly takes opioids is an addict. My husband has chronic pain. He had an aortic dissection in 2007, that thing that killed John Ritter, and which kills the majority of people who have it. My husband lived but spent 3 months in the hospital and developed compartment syndrome. He almost lost his leg. He had a dozen or so surgeries for it including skin grafts. As a result he lives in chronic pain,

Without opiods on a daily basis he  would be in a ball on the bed crying, Believe me. Ive seen it. He has had 2 neurostimulaters put in his back to help with pain, to helpfully get him off of meds. Both failed after about a year. Now they want to do a third surgery. He’s been on everything, morphine, fentanol, oxy, methadone. Currently its oxycodone. As his doctoe says he is drug dependent, not an addict. He has a physical need need for the meds and has physical symptoms if he doesnt take him, but there is no mental need or desire for the drugs.  But does it matter? My greatest fear(and his) is that he  will accidentally overdose. It wont be because he’s stupid, or an addict. It will be because he is in a lot of pain and just wants one full nights sleep for the first time in 12 years, or because he forgets that he already took his meds. If he dies people will just see him as another stat in the opioid epidemic?

And these new laws? I think they might kill him too. If he gets denied his meds eventually, if they cut him off, I honestly dont think he could live with the pain. I think he would kill himself. People woth chronic pan are already doing this. I dont know what caused Dennis’s death, but Im not willing to just label him a stupid drug addict.

This is a very real concern.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, smores said:

I don't imagine that his wife thinks all that much about it, since she had a boyfriend at the time that Dennis died.  Who knows why they hadn't divorced, but it certainly hadn't put a damper on either one of their love lives.

Totally fair point that when it was Jill Shields with her boyfriend mourning her husband, that it wasn't tacky for Jill Shields to have a boyfriend on hand as she was burying the man she was married to. For all that they were officially married, Dennis *and* Jill Shields were in relationships with other people at the time of his death and there's been no indication that Jill gave up her boyfriend for her mourning period. 

3 hours ago, film noire said:

Party of one: Shields potentially giving Bryn a ring was all kinds of WTF to me - you're not marrying the little girl,  you're marrying her mother -- give her a bracelet or a necklace, but a ring feels off (and way too reminiscent of those creepy purity ball rituals). 

I don't particularly love this practice either but I understand that a lot of people recommend it as a way of the potential new parent acknowledging that there will be a different relationship with the child. Kind of a "I'm not marrying just your mom, I'm marrying the family" gesture.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Yes, I would say so. On HSN Bethanny said if you are unsure, go one size smaller. These are European sized so there are a lot more size options. I did size down and they fit well. These jeans are very stretchy and comfortable so I think there is some wiggle room as to the size anyway. I got mine in peach and I may go back for the aqua looking ones

HunterHunted, thanks for the info in pain meds. My husband actually does see a pain speciaist at a pain clinic and he has had no issues with getting meds, I think its easier for someone like him to get his meds, what with something in his history like aortic dissection and a body covered in scars. 

10 hours ago, smores said:

Luann seems to have this weird inverse effect.  Something happens that would cause most people to stop, regroup, be humbled, Luann goes and throws a parade and starts shouting about how fabulous she is and how jealous you are that you aren't her!

I think this is super sweet, I love when people include the kids.  I know it's a different show, but I thought it would have been a nice moment if Eva and her new husband had done something to recognize her daughter during her wedding on this past week's episode of ATL.  

You're not going to leave my house without some leftovers, that's just the way I was raised.  Conversely, like Tinsley, I'd have been mortified by Ramona and Sonja's doggie bags.  If you pack up food and put it in my hands, that's one thing.  Tell me to take some food, and I'll politely grab 2 cookies and call it a day.  

I do kind of wish that Bethenny hadn't taken that bag with her, but at the end of the day I think people know she is wealthy and expect her to have more expensive items.  It probably would have been better to go with a less obvious logo, but it is what it is and it doesn't cancel out the good that she is doing.

I don't know how anyone can be near her when she eats.  I would have to sit at the other end of the table and wouldn't be able to look at her at all. I can't look at the screen if Dorinda is on and eating.  

Her yacht, where she parties with Madonna and John-John, obviously.  

I don't imagine that his wife thinks all that much about it, since she had a boyfriend at the time that Dennis died.  Who knows why they hadn't divorced, but it certainly hadn't put a damper on either one of their love lives.

It's really weird, some people seem to get prescribed a bunch of meds at the drop of a hat.  I have relatives who are always like, well, just take a Xanax or whatever and it will be fine and I'm like, how exactly does one get these?  I remember calling my dr after the sudden death of my biological father and explaining that I was going to have to go deal with the aftermath of his death, cleaning out his home and resolving things in a short period of time and that I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to handle all of what had to be done and was there any way that she could maybe prescribe something for me to get me through the next 5 days?  I got a voicemail back from her nurse telling me that the dr said no, but here's a phone number for a hospice service that offers free counseling if I felt I needed it.  I was like uh, what?  So I'm not really sure how it works for other people, but I clearly am not the person who gets the meds, but I know that there are people who get bottles and bottles of them without even really asking for them.  Have your wisdom teeth out? 90 vicoden and the person only requires tylenol.  

Vicky Gunvalson.  For all the shit Ramona has done, and I will grant you it IS a lot of shit, Ramona has not yet faked a cancer scam.  She did throw an oar and a glass, but she didn't fake cancer and then demand a casserole apology. 

Talking about drugs .. True story.  After spine surgery, my husband was given 120 Vicodin.  He took one, got dizzy and didn’t want them.  We took them to the Police Station and threw them in a bin they have for unwanted drugs.  Would you believe.

• Love 2

One thing Bethenny usually excels at is reading a room- not so much when she wore a designer backpack while handing out gift cards to disaster survivors. 

At the risk of sounding cruel- I wonder if Bethenny was using Dennis- as a sounding board, emotional support, financial adviser..... I don’t believe she had any intention of marrying him. ( rip Dennis) She seemed to move on very quickly into her new relationship. 

NYC is really hitting the addiction topic hard- Luann, possibly Dorinda, Dennis, Sonja’s love of booze and sex ....

My experience with chronic pain has been that opioids are ineffective for long term pain. Dosages must be raised periodically to give relief and eventually the body increases pain receptors- and so on, and on......Many chronic pain sufferers are finding relief with cannabis and other meds that don’t require increasing dosages. 

I’m sure Jason was over the moon that Dennis gifted a ring to Brynn... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Sorry, but I have to get this out.  I love Sonja, BUT, I watched her on Watch WhatCrappens last night.  I can see why she didn’t marry again.  What man would want a woman who cheapens herself by talking about dicks, how she wants it, on top or under, etc. Maybe she thinks it’s being cute and modern, but she’s coming off stupid and trashy.  I hardly watch that show because it’s demeaning to women how Andy talks to them, but Sonja was on, so I gave it a whirl.  Just disgusting.  I can’t imagine what her daughter and ex in- laws are thinking.

BTW, is this the Barb the Builder Show now?

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

The thing I find weird/inappropriate about the ring is that Bethenny/Dennis were on and off and she hadn’t  really accepted his proposal.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Not everyone who regularly takes opioids is an addict.

That is very true. However, if Dennis Shields actually had his personal assistant carry around friggin' Narcan, I think there's a good chance that Shields was using opioids recreationally.

4 hours ago, film noire said:

the Feds began investigating his firm for pressuring/misleading female clients into having mesh removal surgery.

While it is certainly true that vaginal mesh removal is the new mesothelioma in terms of pie-eyed litigation attorneys looking for their chunk of multimillion-$$$$$ settlements, it's also true that vaginal mesh has been implicated in a lot of horrifying complications. 

But enough socially aware commentary!

Ramona's clambake yellow shoes!!!!!!  OmyGAWD.

And I still love Dorinda.  What is up with these Housewives bitches?  My own rule of thumb for evaluating the behaviors of friends in general is that you average behavior over the amount of time that you've known somebody.  So, if one of your friends is acting badly, but that friend has a history of being kind and supportive over many years, you cut them slack on the recent misbehavior.

For years, Dorinda was nothing but kind and supportive to LuAnn.  Even if Dorinda had acted badly in recent months—and I don't actually think she did—her years of kindness should over-ride that.

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

One thing Bethenny usually excels at is reading a room- not so much when she wore a designer backpack while handing out gift cards to disaster survivors. 

At the risk of sounding cruel- I wonder if Bethenny was using Dennis- as a sounding board, emotional support, financial adviser..... I don’t believe she had any intention of marrying him. ( rip Dennis) She seemed to move on very quickly into her new relationship. 

NYC is really hitting the addiction topic hard- Luann, possibly Dorinda, Dennis, Sonja’s love of booze and sex ....

My experience with chronic pain has been that opioids are ineffective for long term pain. Dosages must be raised periodically to give relief and eventually the body increases pain receptors- and so on, and on......Many chronic pain sufferers are finding relief with cannabis and other meds that don’t require increasing dosages. 

I agree with you on thr Dennis relationship. I don’t believe they would have married.  He was her sound board and advisor with benefits.  My sister in Florida is begging me to take that liquid cannabis thru the dropper that all the people are lining up at the health store to get.  I have pain every day from back surgeries, sciatica, etc.  I am afraid to take it as it might interfere with my other medications for thyroid, stomach, blood pressure, etc.  How much meds can the body take?  I don’t even know if it’s legal here and I wouldn’t even ask my doctor.  Anybody here can say it works?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

My sister in Florida is begging me to take that liquid cannabis thru the dropper that all the people are lining up at the health store to get.  I have pain every day from back surgeries, sciatica, etc.  I am afraid to take it as it might interfere with my other medications for thyroid, stomach, blood pressure, etc.  How much meds can the body take?  I don’t even know if it’s legal here and I wouldn’t even ask my doctor.  Anybody here can say it works?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cvs-sell-cbd-products-800-stores-8-states-n986016

CVS is going to start carrying CBD products.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I don’t even know if it’s legal here and I wouldn’t even ask my doctor

I think you should ask your doctor. Seriously. There is no reason for you to have to endure pain if it can be relieved. I'm sure your doctor understands this.

signed ER Nurse

• Love 14
11 hours ago, smores said:

Vicky Gunvalson.  For all the shit Ramona has done, and I will grant you it IS a lot of shit, Ramona has not yet faked a cancer scam.  She did throw an oar and a glass, but she didn't fake cancer and then demand a casserole apology. 

I don’t consider Vicky “crazy” and the only thing “real” about Vicky is that she’s a liar.  

I don’t have any affection for Vicky.  I do have affection for crazy ass Ramona.  Ramona had to pay Mario and she took it on the chin; whereas Vicky has bitched about paying Don for years. 

I just meant to say that I don’t think the show had any affect on Ramona’s personality.  She has been consistently bat shit crazy, but she does have moments of being okay.  She was very kind to Dorinda when Dorinda broke down in this episode.  I know that when Jill’s husband was in the hospital, Jill mentioned that Ramona would turn up in her gym clothes with food for them.  

Ramona is nobody’s victim.  She’s certainly victimized a few people.  But at the end of the day she genuinely is who she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Where to start? Oh Ramona, my caviar eating trash panda! So, here's the thing. Yes, based on the overall situation - Barbara rather rudely disinviting Dorinda on short notice and Luann's little "GET OVER HERE RAMONA SO I CAN YELL AT YOU!" routine at the party, I can see cutting it short and Barbara was totally fine with a take away plate. BUT... there's a line and taking whole lobsters and steaks? Kinda crosses it.

That said, Luann needs to pick a lane. If she's strong enough to demand someone present themselves and demand them to answer for their lies, and if she's strong enough to decide she's actually the hostess and she will NOT allow a take away plate for her enemy, then enough with the wilting flower "omg my rehab is so fragile, everything triggers me and you guys have to situate everything exactly for me because if something upsets me, I *will* drink again and it will be your fault" routine. However rude it was of Ramona and Sonya to grab and go - Barbara was actually the gracious host who was fine with it (and was probably fine with it because her own act of disinviting Dorinda was way rude) and Luann loudly attempting to play indignant outraged hostess was totally at odds with Luann's oh so fragile persona. 

Likewise, Luann, if every gay party of Sonya's has to be arranged to suit your rehab needs including a restricted guest list, then maybe *you* aren't ready for the public yet. I actually do think Dorinda has a drinking problem she doesn't want to acknowledge, and I do think Ramona lied about Luann's drunken exit of at least one party, but I think Luann wants these things front and center because Luann has some understanding that she's currently the "Alex" of this season. She's the poorest (even Sonya seems on a reasonable financial footing for now), she's the one *on parole* and being sued by her kids and post alcohol addiction rehabilitation. She is desperately wanting the fingers to be pointed at Dorinda, and deep down, I think  Dorinda gets that and thats why Dorinda is so angry - Luann is trying her hardest to make sure Dorinda takes her place as head loser on the show, and Dorinda is refusing to be thrown under that bus. 

Bethany's impression of Ramona was funny. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, smores said:

Luann seems to have this weird inverse effect.  Something happens that would cause most people to stop, regroup, be humbled, Luann goes and throws a parade and starts shouting about how fabulous she is and how jealous you are that you aren't her!

I think this is super sweet, I love when people include the kids.  I know it's a different show, but I thought it would have been a nice moment if Eva and her new husband had done something to recognize her daughter during her wedding on this past week's episode of ATL.  

You're not going to leave my house without some leftovers, that's just the way I was raised.  Conversely, like Tinsley, I'd have been mortified by Ramona and Sonja's doggie bags.  If you pack up food and put it in my hands, that's one thing.  Tell me to take some food, and I'll politely grab 2 cookies and call it a day.  

I do kind of wish that Bethenny hadn't taken that bag with her, but at the end of the day I think people know she is wealthy and expect her to have more expensive items.  It probably would have been better to go with a less obvious logo, but it is what it is and it doesn't cancel out the good that she is doing.

I don't know how anyone can be near her when she eats.  I would have to sit at the other end of the table and wouldn't be able to look at her at all. I can't look at the screen if Dorinda is on and eating.  

Her yacht, where she parties with Madonna and John-John, obviously.  

It's really weird, some people seem to get prescribed a bunch of meds at the drop of a hat.  I have relatives who are always like, well, just take a Xanax or whatever and it will be fine and I'm like, how exactly does one get these?  I remember calling my dr after the sudden death of my biological father and explaining that I was going to have to go deal with the aftermath of his death, cleaning out his home and resolving things in a short period of time and that I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to handle all of what had to be done and was there any way that she could maybe prescribe something for me to get me through the next 5 days?  I got a voicemail back from her nurse telling me that the dr said no, but here's a phone number for a hospice service that offers free counseling if I felt I needed it.  I was like uh, what?  So I'm not really sure how it works for other people, but I clearly am not the person who gets the meds, but I know that there are people who get bottles and bottles of them without even really asking for them.  Have your wisdom teeth out? 90 vicoden and the person only requires tylenol.  

My doctor gave me a script for Xanax because I was crying in her office.  I take them only when I feel overwhelmed (sister who is a 64 year old teenager lives with me rent free because I am a pushover and my 88 year old Mom slowing dying from TMIs).  They help, but my doctor is very careful when I ask for refills.

• Love 4

Specific to a clambake I now want to invite Ramona and Sonja to my next so they take every.last.bite.

Day old clambake is not anything that someone should want hanging around.

What stinks after one day?  Clambakes and HoWives.........

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, izabella said:

It's the freaking spray tan.  I was noticing it in comparison to Dorinda at their lunch or whatever it was.  Do looked so fresh-faced with her natural skin tone (plus make-up, of course), while Barbara with her spray tan looked like a baked potato.  That spray tan blends with her hair color and brows so she just looks washed out and baked at the same time.

Yes!  What is sad is I think Barbara could be kinda cute but her look isn't good.  She needs a makeover badly.  I also kinda side eye her being Lu's POA.  Her family isn't crazy and if her kids couldn't handle it she has siblings.  It is always suspect to me when a non related person has it for no good reason.  Her brother in the Lu special seemed more than able to handle something like that.  

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Specific to a clambake I now want to invite Ramona and Sonja to my next so they take every.last.bite.

Day old clambake is not anything that someone should want hanging around.

What stinks after one day?  Clambakes and HoWives.........

Bethenny made a crack about Ramona having a tote bag to carry clams out.

Luann had a hold of Ramona's phone and then Ramona yanked her phone back and walked away. I didn't see a "fragile" Luann as Barbara called her.

I also didn't see fragile Luann when she was being obnoxious to Tinsley.

Bunny would have absolutely loved it if Ramona did pull out a tote bag to start stuffing it with lobster, clams, mussels, utensils, plates - I SOOOOOOO wish it was the Tom/Luann Wedding Favor Tote that Dorinda tried to foist on her.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Where to start? Oh Ramona, my caviar eating trash panda! So, here's the thing. Yes, based on the overall situation - Barbara rather rudely disinviting Dorinda on short notice and Luann's little "GET OVER HERE RAMONA SO I CAN YELL AT YOU!" routine at the party, I can see cutting it short and Barbara was totally fine with a take away plate. BUT... there's a line and taking whole lobsters and steaks? Kinda crosses it.

That said, Luann needs to pick a lane. If she's strong enough to demand someone present themselves and demand them to answer for their lies, and if she's strong enough to decide she's actually the hostess and she will NOT allow a take away plate for her enemy, then enough with the wilting flower "omg my rehab is so fragile, everything triggers me and you guys have to situate everything exactly for me because if something upsets me, I *will* drink again and it will be your fault" routine. However rude it was of Ramona and Sonya to grab and go - Barbara was actually the gracious host who was fine with it (and was probably fine with it because her own act of disinviting Dorinda was way rude) and Luann loudly attempting to play indignant outraged hostess was totally at odds with Luann's oh so fragile persona. 

Likewise, Luann, if every gay party of Sonya's has to be arranged to suit your rehab needs including a restricted guest list, then maybe *you* aren't ready for the public yet. I actually do think Dorinda has a drinking problem she doesn't want to acknowledge, and I do think Ramona lied about Luann's drunken exit of at least one party, but I think Luann wants these things front and center because Luann has some understanding that she's currently the "Alex" of this season. She's the poorest (even Sonya seems on a reasonable financial footing for now), she's the one *on parole* and being sued by her kids and post alcohol addiction rehabilitation. She is desperately wanting the fingers to be pointed at Dorinda, and deep down, I think  Dorinda gets that and thats why Dorinda is so angry - Luann is trying her hardest to make sure Dorinda takes her place as head loser on the show, and Dorinda is refusing to be thrown under that bus. 

YESSSS TO A

56 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

YESSS TO ALL OF THIS!!!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree with you on thr Dennis relationship. I don’t believe they would have married.  He was her sound board and advisor with benefits.  My sister in Florida is begging me to take that liquid cannabis thru the dropper that all the people are lining up at the health store to get.  I have pain every day from back surgeries, sciatica, etc.  I am afraid to take it as it might interfere with my other medications for thyroid, stomach, blood pressure, etc.  How much meds can the body take?  I don’t even know if it’s legal here and I wouldn’t even ask my doctor.  Anybody here can say it works?

I can tell you my boss has had 2 bladder cancer bouts and has had a knee replacement using only edible's for pain.  He won't take opiods.  I would think the liquid drops would work.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bethenny made a crack about Ramona having a tote bag to carry clams out.

Luann had a hold of Ramona's phone and then Ramona yanked her phone back and walked away. I didn't see a "fragile" Luann as Barbara called her.

I also didn't see fragile Luann when she was being obnoxious to Tinsley.

Bunny would have absolutely loved it if Ramona did pull out a tote bag to start stuffing it with lobster, clams, mussels, utensils, plates - I SOOOOOOO wish it was the Tom/Luann Wedding Favor Tote that Dorinda tried to foist on her.

That's where my evil side comes in. I would have taken the Tom/Luanne tote and made sure everyone saw it! I have no tolerance for "fragile" guilt trips. I think that's the side of me that the late Mr. Police loved to wind up. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, coops said:

I really love Sonja so far this season. I'm seeing the Sonja we first saw- the caring, down to earth, voice of reason on Scary Island. As we got to know her we saw other sides to her, wacky, drunk, desperate, victimized sometimes by the other 'wives... but now I really feel she has come into her own and has almost come back to that fun loving breath of fresh air we first saw- everyone was laughing along with her when she was pretending to cram the lobsters in her dress. Plus her hair this season is practically it's own character on the show.

I have always loved Sonja because she is kindhearted and doesn't have a vicious bone in her body. Her facial expressions in response to some of the crazy coming out of her castmates' mouths have been priceless! Yeah, she's going to say something classless and/or get too drunk now and then, but she's a good girl. LOVE your comment about the hair!

• Love 16
7 hours ago, film noire said:

Dennis Shields was not a decent man, imo.  He was a "pioneer" in predatory litigation financing and charged higher-than-loan-shark interest rates (up to 124 percent) to clients, including victims of sexual assault.  Shields also died right before (as in three weeks) the Feds began investigating his firm for pressuring/misleading female clients into having mesh removal surgery.

So  my only quibble with Ramona's comment was that she criticized Shields for the wrong thing -- addiction has nothing to do with intelligence -- but trashing that lowlife for loan-sharking survivors of sexual assault?  For telling women (many without health insurance & no primary physician to turn to for medical advice) that their mesh was dangerous and they needed to get it removed immediately? Have at it, Crazy Eyes.

LOL

Party of one: Shields potentially giving Bryn a ring was all kinds of WTF to me - you're not marrying the little girl,  you're marrying her mother -- give her a bracelet or a necklace, but a ring feels off (and way too reminiscent of those creepy purity ball rituals). 

Heaps of agreeing here. 

Does anyone watch “Billions”? (To those not familiar with the show, the main characters all seem to lack a moral compass of any kind. Coincidence?) I think they dedicated the season premiere to Dennis, but maybe I was dreaming.  It was late. I was definitely nodding off. 

So, were they thinking Lu could borrow money from Dennis? Or just get financial advice from him? Lu could borrow $6M from him, and then she’d be on the hook to pay him back $12M+?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

You think?  I'm wondering why they'd need to spend the time and money knocking it off when they can buy them by the truckload from China for probably less than the $6.19 apiece you'd pay on eBay and mark them up to $79.99.  But I'm not exactly a schmatta-trade maven.

Oh, you’re right! Didn’t they buy up dozens of a Target blouse and promote it as a Sonja Morgan, after jacking up the price? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

And I still love Dorinda.  What is up with these Housewives bitches?  My own rule of thumb for evaluating the behaviors of friends in general is that you average behavior over the amount of time that you've known somebody.  So, if one of your friends is acting badly, but that friend has a history of being kind and supportive over many years, you cut them slack on the recent misbehavior.

For years, Dorinda was nothing but kind and supportive to LuAnn.  Even if Dorinda had acted badly in recent months—and I don't actually think she did—her years of kindness should over-ride that.

This is kind of how I feel. I loved Dorinda for years. I'm souring on her a bit lately, but looking at her overall behavior; I'd say I'm still on the plus side with her. We'll have to see how this season plays out. I don't think Dorinda is an inherently mean or vicious person. I think she's still in mourning. I think she needs to stop self-medicating and partake in intense therapy. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

Sorry!  Didn't see that you were quoting somebody else!  I apologize for that confusion.

Don’t immediately assume you are at fault for this. This website has erroneously quoted in the past. It’s not immortal (TM Ramona?).

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don’t think people are in such a rush to marry again, especially Bethenny who’s been married a few times according to her book.  Dennis wasn’t even divorced yet anyhow.  Dennis and Jill weren’t rushing to divorce for some reason.  Marriage isn’t forever when it comes to some people, and it’s a bitch to get out with the financials and all.  Beth and Dennis had a relationship and he gave her a ring.  So what .. doesn’t mean a thing.  She misses him because he was her confidant which she always seems to need.  Engagement ring bullshit.  I never got one as it wasn’t important to me and I am married about 100 years, lol.  Engagement means nothing.  I do have a beautiful diamond wedding band tho.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Yes!  What is sad is I think Barbara could be kinda cute but her look isn't good.  She needs a makeover badly.  I also kinda side eye her being Lu's POA.  Her family isn't crazy and if her kids couldn't handle it she has siblings.  It is always suspect to me when a non related person has it for no good reason.  Her brother in the Lu special seemed more than able to handle something like that.  

Exactly!

The brother who lives in Juniper Florida. The city where her alleged January Spa-Hab occurred. She could have also chosen her sister Renee who appeared a few times on the show.

Makes me think they are lying about Barbara being her POA and are using it as a tie in to the her being on the show.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Sorry, but I have to get this out.  I love Sonja, BUT, I watched her on Watch WhatCrappens last night.  I can see why she didn’t marry again.  What man would want a woman who cheapens herself by talking about dicks, how she wants it, on top or under, etc. Maybe she thinks it’s being cute and modern, but she’s coming off stupid and trashy.  I hardly watch that show because it’s demeaning to women how Andy talks to them, but Sonja was on, so I gave it a whirl.  Just disgusting.  I can’t imagine what her daughter and ex in- laws are thinking.

BTW, is this the Barb the Builder Show now?

If a woman is promiscuous then so be it, some people are just sexual beings and that's how they express themselves.  IDK with Sonja, is this her schtick, is this her "character" for tv?  Is she trying to be edgy for shock value or is she just desperate?  Who knows but as long as she remains a fun, good hearted person I'm cool.  It's when she starts drinking and just acting like a b!tch is when she grates me.  I still have sore feelings of the way she treated Tins a few seasons ago.  That stoopid, mean behavior is what I don't like in her.

LoL--oh and yeah this is Bob the Builder/Luann's lapdog show.  Gah I'm sorry I'm just digging Barbs yet *shrug*

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

If anyone tries it, please let me know.  How bad could it be if CVS carries it?

I can’t speak for that particular product, but I have seen amazing results of cannabis edibles in some friends and family. Namely for pain and neurological issues. 

I believe you said you are from Florida- medical cannabis is legal there. Maybe speak to your physician about referring you to a Medical Marijuana Clinic?! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I usually enjoy Ramona even when she’s a bitch.  Who am I kidding, sometimes especially when she is a bitch.

But she was particularly feral this episode.

"The feral Ramona is indigenous to coastal Long Island, and has responded to rising population density by scavenging human food when it comes to water itself from suburban swimming pools at sundown. Easily startled but with a dachshund-like stubbornness, a feral Ramona can display sudden aggression rooted in the species' genetic connection to the wolverine. Past studies have hypothesized that the feral Ramona is also descended from ursula apologia, or "apologizing bear" that rampages lobster traps, clam bakes, and girls' brunches then shrugs before lumbering off."

• LOL 22
  • Love 2

Half-watching this episode, and I had to FF through most of the episode so far because tortured, boiled-alive animals is not something I care to endure or can watch people laughing an enjoying.

Not a Ramona fan (though she is so crazy and stupid she often makes me laugh).  But when she said, "If you've got it, flaunt it.  When am I going to do it, when I'm 90?"  Well, Ramona probably could rock that dress at 90.  She lo9ks fantastic, no "for her age" qualifier needed.

Glad she got rid of those hideous extensions, and I hope the ugly implants follow suit sooner than later.

• Love 8

I get the impression that proposing to Bethenny was very important to Dennis, and he would have married her (as soon as possible), but Bethenny kept him at arms length. Maybe because of his struggles with addiction or maybe because she had no intention of staying with Dennis. The speed in which B grieved, recovered, and got involved with a new man is rather telling ( I realize everyone grieves at their own pace). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Dennis, and he would have married her (as soon as possible),

I would think if that was the case he would make that legally possible by getting a divorce.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

If anyone tries it, please let me know.  How bad could it be if CVS carries it?

The CBD oils readily available across the country are derived from hemp.  Anecdotal evidence suggests they are not as effective for pain management as the CBD oils derived from marijuana; there's something about the combination of CBD with THC that works a little more magically for many patients.

But I wouldn't rely on a product just because CVS carries it.  I just watched the shows about Theranos and the lack of due diligence done by Walgreens - because they were afraid CVS would beat them to the deal ...

ETA: I don't judge anyone for how long or short of a grieving period they observe before entering into a new relationship.  My former boss was happily married to his high school sweetheart for 34 years; within a month of her sudden passing, he was dating her best friend (who also happened to be the ex-wife of HIS best friend).  They married a couple of months later, and have been happily married for many years.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I get the impression that proposing to Bethenny was very important to Dennis, and he would have married her (as soon as possible), but Bethenny kept him at arms length.

In her rapid fire way, Bethenny rattled off all of the reasons she couldn't commit to him.  I don't understand why she is wearing the ring if she had no intention of marrying him.  There's no need to embellish the relationship in order to gain sympathy.  It's enough that he was her close friend/lover and it was a difficult loss - fiancé or not.  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

YESSSS TO A

YESSS TO ALL OF THIS!!!

Don’t tell me that Countless Luann is going in front of thousands of people at Foxwoods Casino April 27th in a pretty large venue and do her whatever without alcohol or something for the nerves.  Impossible.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

I can’t speak for that particular product, but I have seen amazing results of cannabis edibles in some friends and family. Namely for pain and neurological issues. 

I believe you said you are from Florida- medical cannabis is legal there. Maybe speak to your physician about referring you to a Medical Marijuana Clinic?! 

Thank you.  No, I’m from Long Island where the laws are strict.  My sister is in Florida where the laws are more lax.  I’ve never even smoked pot, so I’m skeptical.  I’m blabbing, but I know I will chicken out, lol.  Thanks.

• Love 5