Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: It's a Clam Shame

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Correct.  Two weeks after a spinal surgery and two hip replacements, no more oxy was prescribed for me.  It was Tylenol or Motrin.  Where these people are getting this shit is beyond me.  These people with money get everything.  Sleeping pills, Xanax, pain meds, you name it.  And they brag about it too.  “Oh, I think l will take a Xanax.”  WTF?

You don't have to be rich to be over-prescribed. Some doctors are very conscientious about it. Others are not. I was a pharmacy tech before I had kids; I saw so many regular people develop addictions after an accident or surgery. It was sad. I saw so many doctors who didn't give a shit. Just keep making that money, honey. We had one doctor that let his wife (not a nurse or medical professional of any sort) renew all RXs, even for controlled substances. One of our techs caught her doing it from her cell phone in the grocery store; where she clearly didn't have access to the patient's chart. It is incredibly reckless and it happens everywhere. Yes, I do think wealthy people can pretty much get anything they want. But with the current state of affairs, many poor and regular folk are involved with doctors who are way too lax about prescribing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

You don't have to be rich to be over-prescribed. Some doctors are very conscientious about it. Others are not. I was a pharmacy tech before I had kids; I saw so many regular people develop addictions after an accident or surgery. It was sad. I saw so many doctors who didn't give a shit. Just keep making that money, honey. We had one doctor that let his wife (not a nurse or medical professional of any sort) renew all RXs, even for controlled substances. One of our techs caught her doing it from her cell phone in the grocery store; where she clearly didn't have access to the patient's chart. It is incredibly reckless and it happens everywhere. Yes, I do think wealthy people can pretty much get anything they want. But with the current state of affairs, many poor and regular folk are involved with doctors who are way too lax about prescribing. 

Interesting, but doesn’t the government have control now with the pharmacy’s?

• Love 2

In terms of drugs, judgments, and post-party gaffes by a face-tweaked idiot, does anyone here think Ramona just is, and hasn’t been hitting Adderall for 15 years, plus coke at parties and borrowed sleeping pills and downers off and on?   Because I don’t.

She didn’t say what she said as an actual critique of Dennis’s pretrial analytical skills or issues with prescriptions, the Sackler family, or the pain perplex.  Ramona said this because she’s a fucking trash bitch, stealing crustaceans in her cold-shoulder top.  She was miffed that Barb showed pretty persuasively that she, Ramona, lied about LuAnn being tossed from one particular party (and why lie about that?   LuAnn had been a mess, why lie and add these cooked-up falsehoods?), she was nervous because she didn’t slay at the party and it was evident a fair number of the party guests besides the Hos don’t like Ramona, so she went back to her mausoleum and lashed out like the snatchasaurus she is.   It’s how she do, in this, her hundredth year on this glorious planet.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 21
19 minutes ago, anonymiss said:

This is the dullest start to the season ever. Why is this nobody desperate hanger-on Barbara the focus so far? I hate how she butted her fug mug in to grab even more camera time when Bethenny and Dorinda were having a rare genuine conversation.

IKR, I am just not digging this chick at all 😡  The way she scurried over to Luann to tattle about what Dorinda was saying just stupid.  Didn't she agree at dinner with Dorinda that she was just gonna let D handle it her way??  IDK what it is exactly but something about her just bugs me.  Maybe it's that stoopid horn necklace or the tucked in polo shirt and mom jeans -- she just doesn't seem as classy as the other NY HW.

On a happier note and I am liking Sonja so  far this season.  To think of Dorinda like that and bring home some leftovers was nice.  No matter what is thought of her manners or social etiquette it was still a thoughtful gesture.  Now I will probably take this all back when she starts drinking but for now, in this moment, she is a-ok!

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 15

Whether his overdose on opioids was stupid or not, Ramona, with her smug bitchy way disparaged Dennis, who by all accounts was a kind and decent man.  She said it because he was connected to Bethenny, who she can’t stand.  But given this was filmed a few weeks after his death, a decent person would not say what Ramona did....on fucking camera.

And I actually like Ramona because she has been “real” since day one.  

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I've no idea. I have been a SAHM for the past 10 years. I'm sure things have changed mightily since then. However, we had regulations even back then. People find a way to get around it. You cannot legislate morality. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

given this was filmed a few weeks after his death, a decent person would not say what Ramona did....on fucking camer

It seemed to slip out and she quickly realized that she shouldn’t have said it which is why she quickly changed the subject when Sonja started on her not drugs/painkiller nonsense. For Ramona it was a shockingly quick realization that it was inappropriate. I am sure if she had said it in front of Bethenny or someone close to Dennis she would have apologized at the time but since there wasn’t anyone there she just shut up and quickly changed the subject.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

It seemed to slip out and she quickly realized that she shouldn’t have said it which is why she quickly changed the subject when Sonja started on her not drugs/painkiller nonsense. For Ramona it was a shockingly quick realization that it was inappropriate. I am sure if she had said it in front of Bethenny or someone close to Dennis she would have apologized at the time but since there wasn’t anyone there she just shut up and quickly changed the subject.

As someone who likes Ramona, I don’t have the same faith in Ramona that you do.  Out of all the franchises, she has said some of the cruelest things to people.  Given that this was on camera, I can only imagine what she said off-camera.

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

No, there have been efforts made but you have as much chance of not paying $20K for the new post partum drug as seeing big pharma giving up this big money maker.  There are some strides made at the state level but without Federal regulation of doctors, suppliers and pharmacies the local stat laws don’t have much teeth.  Just like the gun laws.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

As someone who likes Ramona, I don’t have the same faith in Ramona that you do.  Out of all the franchises, she has said some of the cruelest things to people.  Given that this was on camera, I can only imagine what she said off-camera.

I don’t have faith in Ramona I am going by the look on her face and the fact that she didn’t try to justify or defend her remarks like she usually does when she says stupid shit.

• Love 1

Ramona is a piece of work. It's like her foot lives in her mouth...it should fucking pay rent. She has some audacity to call other people bitches when some of the most nasty, inconsiderate things that have been said on this show have come out of her mouth. Lu was being a snarky bitch...but Ramona  went around giving detailed second-hand accounts of Lu being publicly intoxicated and even when confronted by someone who was there that was able to discredit at least one story, she didn't apologize or acknowledge the gossip she was spreading, she quickly went into defending why she said it. Then her comment about Dennis. Sonja spoke so much truth (and her facial reactions were on point) when it came to Ramona, lol.

Also, didn't Barbara say to take food for Dorinda? It looks liked Ramona and Sonja were also fixing plates for themselves to go. You only needed one lobster! Tinsley can be annoying, but at the heart of it, she seems like a kind person who is more about fun than drama. I don't think she's a malicious person and I felt bad for how snappy Lu was with her because she was already uncomfortable about leaving so quickly and then being urged to take food with her...Lu directing her snark toward her was uncalled for. I wish Tinsley had been more assertive in standing up to Lu.

Not gonna lie, I laughed out loud at Bethenny's imitation of Ramona by the pool, lol.

How emotionally stunted do two people have to be to have a multiple decade friendship halted because neither side is willing to acknowledge that they hurt each other? Intent and result are not mutually exclusive. Dorinda and Lu both want their feelings validated without offering the olive branch the other way. Just shut up with this shit already.

I'll always give credit to any HW for using their platform on the show to highlight charities and important causes to them. Not everything is about shilling out their latest product and given how much product placement Bethenny does on this show, I'm glad she's mixing in some charitable footage as well.

It was really sweet of Dennis to buy a ring for Bryn and include her in the moment.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Lu seem a little off in the scene where she was listing all of the cities that she had performed in? 

In April, she's scheduled at Foxwoods in CT.  So she really is doing all these performances.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, b2H said:

In April, she's scheduled at Foxwoods in CT.  So she really is doing all these performances.

I don’t think anyone was doubting she is doing the events just that she seemed manic or high in that scene. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

Whether his overdose on opioids was stupid or not, Ramona, with her smug bitchy way disparaged Dennis, who by all accounts was a kind and decent man.  She said it because he was connected to Bethenny, who she can’t stand.  But given this was filmed a few weeks after his death, a decent person would not say what Ramona did....on fucking camera.

And I actually like Ramona because she has been “real” since day one.  

That's where I am too.  I have loved Ramona since day one for reasons I'm not exactly sure why.  I've wanted to see the good in her.  But that comment was just appalling.  It's one thing to think that and a whole 'nother to express it -- esp. when cameras are around.  For the record, I don't think anyone that overdoses, particularly on pain meds, is dumb.  And it is such a shocking, unnecessary death that I can't even imagine uttering those words.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

It is nuts how hard it is for regular folks where I am to get the pain meds.  Even when my cat was sick and had pain there were hoops to jump through to get her pain meds.  I explained to my husband that people were prob taking their pets pain pills and our vet confirmed that it does happen.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, b2H said:

Geeze, Foxwoods.  She’s climbing up in the world.  Maybe because she’s from Connecticut originally?  Probably a lounge act.  I’m gonna look it up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

No, there have been efforts made but you have as much chance of not paying $20K for the new post partum drug as seeing big pharma giving up this big money maker.  There are some strides made at the state level but without Federal regulation of doctors, suppliers and pharmacies the local stat laws don’t have much teeth.  Just like the gun laws.

Really? That's not my experience as a n RN. They have significantly changed regulations and practices. Yet more people die daily.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Really? That's not my experience as a n RN. They have significantly changed regulations and practices. Yet more people die daily.

Because people can get opioids.  And Ramona is so clueless about this epidemic.  It didn’t start on the street, it started in the suburbs with nice people with prescriptions and insurance.  I saw a recent report that on the east coast it is now hitting the streets as a street drug.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

So many posts hitting primarily at Ramona about taking the food, yet Barbara, the hostess, was shown telling them to take food with them and Sonja seemed to be after some of everything on the table including the steak, and not just for Dorinda's sake.  There are plenty of things to pick on pertaining to Ramona, but I don't think pointing the fingers strictly at her on this one is legit.

Luann is insufferable!  I didn't think she could top her pre-wedding airs, but she is proving me wrong.  

Who styled Sonja for that party?  It looked like she was using Donatella Versace for inspiration.  That hair!  Yikes!

Dale is looking "younger".  

I think Barbara always looks like she needs a good scrubbing.  

Bethenny...yes she is witty, but it is always at someone's expense.  She strikes me as the type who will use anyone, even supposed friends, as fodder to showcase it.  It comes off as very self-serving.  As much as Ramona can be a pain in the ass I can't forget that Bethenny admitted Ramona was there for her when she was going through her endometriosis ordeal.  That took place when the cameras were not around, and that indicates more to me about someone's character than on camera shenanigans influenced by a desire to be good TV and insure next season's apple. 

Edited by ichbin
Missing letters due to keyboard sticking.
  • Love 16
49 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I usually enjoy Ramona even when she’s a bitch.  Who am I kidding, sometimes especially when she is a bitch.

But she was particularly feral this episode.

I think Ramona was fine this episode until the comment she made about Dennis. That was a seriously low blow

I still stand behind Ramona about Luann. Barbara and Luann keep saying Ramona spread lies about her. I believe Ramona over Barbara and Luann. Ramona has said many things about Luann, Tom - that turned out to be true. Luann is all about the spin, and Barbara got her Friend of status from Luann, so she's going to back Luann. There were all kinds of tidbits in NY about Luann between her January Spa-hab and July relapse. I remember quite a few which basically said with her cabaret show, Luann was out of control drunk and not listening to her handlers. I think she went right back to drinking after she dried out in January.

As for being at the clam bake, when Sonja was called she said Ramona is so excited and Barbara did not say no she isn't invited. As for taking lobster and other food - I thought it was hilarious - both Sonja and Ramona took food.

I remain ride or die for Ramona. I think I said it before, if she pulled a fried toddler out of her bag and started chewing I'd still love her. In fact, now I'd probably ask if she'd like some hot sauce with it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Barbara is on a lot now.  I’m thinking Jill Zarin is next and Barbara will be toast?

I wonder if Barbara and/or Jill were on deck as the Carol replacement and they wanted to see how it went after a full season.  Maybe they're waiting for fan reaction before they commit one or the other.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ladle said:

I am NOT a Bethenny fan, but there is virtually no way she can respond to the Dennis situation - other than maybe leaving the show - in which she won’t get slammed by at least one subset of viewers. If she cries all season and wears a shroud she’s making the relationship more than it was. If she bounces back, she’s a cold bitch. 

This. I don’t doubt that they discussed marriage. She may be bringing it up now to try to validate their relationship, since he had been married the time they were together. She strikes me as an insecure person who seeks approval from others and likely reacts to criticism by attempting to prove herself. By showing people that they were engaged, she feels that she legitimizes their relationship and therefore “deserves” to grieve.

Just a theory. I’ve had patients that she reminds me of.  

Edited by LellePCC
Wording
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Except they weren't just taking food for Dorinda. They were making to-go plates for themselves, instead of eating there like polite guests. Dorinda was quite enjoying her alone time; they could have stayed longer. 

I amazed Ramona didn't just get Door Dash to pick up and deliver.  Since she took her wine back with her.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ramona shit talking Dennis is disgusting.  I can't stand Ro. I get that people think she's hilarious,  I even find myself chuckling at her ridiculousness at times but mostly I can't stand her ugliness. 

So true.  In the past I tended to give Ramona a pass because sometimes she really does seem like she cares for her friends, but what she said about Dennis goes beyond the pale.  She needs to educate herself on the opioid crisis and try to understand what addiction truly is.  It was a dumb thing for her to say.  I was hoping that she was smarter than that.  She knew she effed up when Tinsley and Sonja quickly backed out of that conversation, and good for them for running the other way.  

3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Unfortunately many people view prescribed medication and street drugs are different and if a doctor prescribes it, you can not be an addict.  When someone has been injured, has surgery or have chronic pain they take pain medication.  It is so easy for a patient to misuse the medication.  They may take another pill here and there when they are having a bad pain day.  This can easily escalate to a full blown addiction. 

I recently had to take a C.E. class and this was the subject.  There are certain pain medicines that dental offices can no longer prescribe or simply phone in.  It all stems from this issue.  The guy who did our seminar works at a drug rehab center and he spoke about how one of the major pharmaceutical companies (I can't remember the name) pushed oxycontin onto the doctors, proclaiming it safe and non-addictive.  He also said it came to a point where doctors were sanctioned for not prescribing the drug.  It was really eye-opening to hear how this problem got started in the U.S. as relates to doctors prescribing the drug.  

• Love 9

There is a lot to like about Ramona.  She raised a good kid.  She has a large group of friends.  She handled her divorce/public humiliation really frickin well.  She worked hard and was financially independent.  She looks great for any age, let alone her 60’s.  But damn, she can be incredibly nasty. And then she breaks out her pool noodle and I can’t help but like her.

And I would challenge anyone to name a single housewife, who has maintained the same level of “crazy” that Ramona has from day one.  I’ve always felt that we are always getting the “real” Ramona...warts and all.

This doesn’t change the fact that I’m always Team Bethenny.  

And damn Lu....I was so hoping to root for you, but your cabaret success has really gone to your head, when one would maybe think of being humble given your recent history.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

That’s like the worst thing to say about a woman, and very mean.  But, look at who it is coming from.  It’s o.k. tho, to go to Barbara’s house, drink her wine and then blatantly fill your bag up with her very expensive food.  Ramona is not only stupid, but a bitch.

There was also the LuMan stuff. But Luann gets the guys, and men flee from Ramona. Her insults definitely come from a place of jealousy.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

And damn Lu....I was so hoping to root for you, but your cabaret success has really gone to your head, when one would maybe think of being humble given your recent history.

Seriously!  She had quite the attitude during that episode, and I didn't care for it one bit!  I always thought that LuAnn had an effortless beauty about her, but that uppity attitude is just all kinds of ugly.  It's not a good look, LuAnn. 

• Love 13

Am I alone (all of you: YES) when I say I don’t think Ramona looks good for her age anymore?    She looks like she got gangbanged by a Nordstrom Rack, her nose is Pangea before the split, and I can hear her eyelids sighing, fuck this, every time some undertipped lash technician approaches her face with the glue.  Ah well.

Even if Barbara blessed taking a lot of expensive catered food to Dorinda, Ramona was still very Frank and Estelle Costanza.  She took back her wine like it was a marble rye.   Déclassé!

• LOL 11
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

I think Barbara always looks like she needs a good scrubbing.  

It's the freaking spray tan.  I was noticing it in comparison to Dorinda at their lunch or whatever it was.  Do looked so fresh-faced with her natural skin tone (plus make-up, of course), while Barbara with her spray tan looked like a baked potato.  That spray tan blends with her hair color and brows so she just looks washed out and baked at the same time.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

I wanted to like her this season, too.  I'm usually hot or cold with her.  She is giving us "I can't believe I'm starring in my own cabaret!" Lu, which looks a lot like "I can't believe I'm getting married to Tom!" Lu, and that is not as fun or funny as "riding a camel in the desert" Lu.

• Love 13

Not everyone who overdoses is an addict. Not everyone who regularly takes opioids is an addict. My husband has chronic pain. He had an aortic dissection in 2007, that thing that killed John Ritter, and which kills the majority of people who have it. My husband lived but spent 3 months in the hospital and developed compartment syndrome. He almost lost his leg. He had a dozen or so surgeries for it including skin grafts. As a result he lives in chronic pain,

Without opiods on a daily basis he  would be in a ball on the bed crying, Believe me. Ive seen it. He has had 2 neurostimulaters put in his back to help with pain, to helpfully get him off of meds. Both failed after about a year. Now they want to do a third surgery. He’s been on everything, morphine, fentanol, oxy, methadone. Currently its oxycodone. As his doctor says he is drug dependent, not an addict. He has a physical need need for the meds and has physical symptoms if he doesnt take him, but there is no mental need or desire for the drugs.  But does it matter? My greatest fear(and his) is that he  will accidentally overdose. It wont be because he’s stupid, or an addict. It will be because he is in a lot of pain and just wants one full nights sleep for the first time in 12 years, or because he forgets that he already took his meds. If he dies people will just see him as another stat in the opioid epidemic?

And these new laws? I think they might kill him too. If he gets denied his meds eventually, if they cut him off, I honestly dont think he could live with the pain. I think he would kill himself. People with chronic pan are already doing this. I dont know what caused Dennis’s death, but Im not willing to just label him a stupid drug addict.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

On a happier note and I am liking Sonja so  far this season.  To think of Dorinda like that and bring home some leftovers was nice.  No matter what is thought of her manners or social etiquette it was still a thoughtful gesture. 

I really love Sonja so far this season. I'm seeing the Sonja we first saw- the caring, down to earth, voice of reason on Scary Island. As we got to know her we saw other sides to her, wacky, drunk, desperate, victimized sometimes by the other 'wives... but now I really feel she has come into her own and has almost come back to that fun loving breath of fresh air we first saw- everyone was laughing along with her when she was pretending to cram the lobsters in her dress. Plus her hair this season is practically it's own character on the show.

• Love 13

My Skinny Girl jeans came. I just tried them on. They are really nice jeans, soft and comfortable. I got the peach color. I didnt pay full price and Im not sure that I would by them at rack rate, on sale though, sure.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

My Skinny Girl jeans came. I just tried them on. They are really nice jeans, soft and comfortable. I got the peach color. I didnt pay full price and Im not sure that I would by them at rack rate, on sale though, sure.

Thank you!!  Would you consider them “true to size”?  That’s my biggest issue with ordering jeans that I am not familiar with.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I thought I read that Dennis had chronic back pain.  He could have been suffering from pain and over medicated, causing him to over dose.  It could happen to anyone. Doesn't mean he was an addict.

He took oxy, Vicodin and sleeping pills the night he overdosed, he told the EMTs before he died. His estranged wife started a charity focused on opioid addiction after he died and there were several other stories about him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Correct.  Two weeks after a spinal surgery and two hip replacements, no more oxy was prescribed for me.  It was Tylenol or Motrin.  Where these people are getting this shit is beyond me.  These people with money get everything.  Sleeping pills, Xanax, pain meds, you name it.  And they brag about it too.  “Oh, I think l will take a Xanax.”  WTF?

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

5 hours ago, QuinnM said:

4 hours ago, Higgins said:

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I recently had to take a C.E. class and this was the subject.  There are certain pain medicines that dental offices can no longer prescribe or simply phone in.  It all stems from this issue.  The guy who did our seminar works at a drug rehab center and he spoke about how one of the major pharmaceutical companies (I can't remember the name) pushed oxycontin onto the doctors, proclaiming it safe and non-addictive.  He also said it came to a point where doctors were sanctioned for not prescribing the drug.  It was really eye-opening to hear how this problem got started in the U.S. as relates to doctors prescribing the drug.  

31 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Not everyone who overdoses is an addict. Not everyone who regularly takes opioids is an addict. My husband has chronic pain. He had an aortic dissection in 2007, that thing that killed John Ritter, and which kills the majority of people who have it. My husband lived but spent 3 months in the hospital and developed compartment syndrome. He almost lost his leg. He had a dozen or so surgeries for it including skin grafts. As a result he lives in chronic pain,

Without opiods on a daily basis he  would be in a ball on the bed crying, Believe me. Ive seen it. He has had 2 neurostimulaters put in his back to help with pain, to helpfully get him off of meds. Both failed after about a year. Now they want to do a third surgery. He’s been on everything, morphine, fentanol, oxy, methadone. Currently its oxycodone. As his doctoe says he is drug dependent, not an addict. He has a physical need need for the meds and has physical symptoms if he doesnt take him, but there is no mental need or desire for the drugs.  But does it matter? My greatest fear(and his) is that he  will accidentally overdose. It wont be because he’s stupid, or an addict. It will be because he is in a lot of pain and just wants one full nights sleep for the first time in 12 years, or because he forgets that he already took his meds. If he dies people will just see him as another stat in the opioid epidemic?

And these new laws? I think they might kill him too. If he gets denied his meds eventually, if they cut him off, I honestly dont think he could live with the pain. I think he would kill himself. People woth chronic pan are already doing this. I dont know what caused Dennis’s death, but Im not willing to just label him a stupid drug addict.

The laws about these drugs really haven't changed at the federal level. The previous administration was slow to recognize that there was a public health opioid problem. However, in the last 18 months or so of that administration there was a guidance issued by the CDC about decreasing the number of pills prescribed in acute situations. There were also grants for research, treatment, harm reduction, and expansion of prescription drug monitoring programs. The current administration hasn't done much more. They've given money to increase treatment.

What has happened is that states understand the issues a little better. A lot of them have passed legislation moving their PDMPs from law enforcement oversight to their state pharmacy boards. They've created specialized chronic pain treatment physician licenses so that a physician who has more than 50% of their patients receiving treatment for chronic pain doesn't really need constant surveillance after an initial period with a provisional pain license. In some states it's a year. Some states require physicians to check their PDMPs before prescribing to make sure their patients aren't doctor shopping or they've built flags into to the PDMPs if a patient gets too many opioid prescriptions in a short time frame or from too many doctors or from different regions in the state. In other states, they built these flags into their Medicaid program because those are often big enough to start to move the rest of the state's healthcare system to follow.

But one of the biggest most significant improvements has been continuing education to prescribers. Dentists are massive overprescribers and are the number 1 opioid prescriber for minors. As @ChitChat said, pharmaceutical companies were busy telling everyone for years that opioids not addictive and were harmless. This is part of the reason many prescribers didn't see the harm in giving a patient a 30 day prescription for what was likely only going to be 5 or 10 days of pain.

@Higgins if you've seen changes, it's almost certainly coming from your state agencies.

@movingtargetgal many people do erroneously think prescription drugs are less dangerous than street. That might be true if the street drugs are adulterated, but there are still prescriptions for cocaine. They're all in hospitals and labs, but people are getting medical grade cocaine. Places like Colorado have seen spikes in marijuana overdoses because medical grade can be stronger and people don't really understand the dosages. And more ERs are seeing more cases of marijuana hyperemesis because of the proliferation of medical marijuana because people divert it just like all drugs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/20/2019 at 8:37 PM, Bronzedog said:

Luann is such a pretentious bitch.  You'd think the last year would have humbled her at least a little.  The 10 minute marriage, the arrest, jail, rehab, and, her children suing her.  But, not Lu.  Instead of being humbled, she's more horrible than ever.

Luann seems to have this weird inverse effect.  Something happens that would cause most people to stop, regroup, be humbled, Luann goes and throws a parade and starts shouting about how fabulous she is and how jealous you are that you aren't her!

On 3/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I was surprised that Dennis bought Brynn a ring as well when her presented Bethenny with an engagement ring. It was thoughtful of him to include her. 

I think this is super sweet, I love when people include the kids.  I know it's a different show, but I thought it would have been a nice moment if Eva and her new husband had done something to recognize her daughter during her wedding on this past week's episode of ATL.  

On 3/20/2019 at 9:23 PM, chewycandy said:

“Take a sofa! Take an end table while you’re at it!”

I will always be here for Bethenny

You're not going to leave my house without some leftovers, that's just the way I was raised.  Conversely, like Tinsley, I'd have been mortified by Ramona and Sonja's doggie bags.  If you pack up food and put it in my hands, that's one thing.  Tell me to take some food, and I'll politely grab 2 cookies and call it a day.  

On 3/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, Dance4Life said:

I have done that before.  It is not being pretentious.  It is all we have at that time. 

It wasn’t flashy. You just know the brand. 

She is a wealthy woman usually carrying around her $20,000 Birkin.

We should focus on the charity. She is doing good on that department!

I do kind of wish that Bethenny hadn't taken that bag with her, but at the end of the day I think people know she is wealthy and expect her to have more expensive items.  It probably would have been better to go with a less obvious logo, but it is what it is and it doesn't cancel out the good that she is doing.

23 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Am I the only one who notices that Dorinda has an issue with crumbs being on her mouth when she eats?  I initially thought it only happened when she drank but once again, as she was eating with Barbara, she had food stuck on her lip.  Not a good look.

I don't know how anyone can be near her when she eats.  I would have to sit at the other end of the table and wouldn't be able to look at her at all. I can't look at the screen if Dorinda is on and eating.  

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Wtf boat is Luann talking about taking everywhere in the winter? That little not at all winterized dinghy she has at the Sag Harbor house?

Her yacht, where she parties with Madonna and John-John, obviously.  

12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

He probably bought her a rock, probably talked about marriage, but they were never actually engaged.  It's irritating that in death, Beth is telling everyone they were engaged and wearing a ring?  Wonder what his wife thinks about that -- they never actually divorced right?

I don't imagine that his wife thinks all that much about it, since she had a boyfriend at the time that Dennis died.  Who knows why they hadn't divorced, but it certainly hadn't put a damper on either one of their love lives.

8 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

It's really weird, some people seem to get prescribed a bunch of meds at the drop of a hat.  I have relatives who are always like, well, just take a Xanax or whatever and it will be fine and I'm like, how exactly does one get these?  I remember calling my dr after the sudden death of my biological father and explaining that I was going to have to go deal with the aftermath of his death, cleaning out his home and resolving things in a short period of time and that I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to handle all of what had to be done and was there any way that she could maybe prescribe something for me to get me through the next 5 days?  I got a voicemail back from her nurse telling me that the dr said no, but here's a phone number for a hospice service that offers free counseling if I felt I needed it.  I was like uh, what?  So I'm not really sure how it works for other people, but I clearly am not the person who gets the meds, but I know that there are people who get bottles and bottles of them without even really asking for them.  Have your wisdom teeth out? 90 vicoden and the person only requires tylenol.  

4 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

There is a lot to like about Ramona.  She raised a good kid.  She has a large group of friends.  She handled her divorce/public humiliation really frickin well.  She worked hard and was financially independent.  She looks great for any age, let alone her 60’s.  But damn, she can be incredibly nasty. And then she breaks out her pool noodle and I can’t help but like her.

And I would challenge anyone to name a single housewife, who has maintained the same level of “crazy” that Ramona has from day one.  I’ve always felt that we are always getting the “real” Ramona...warts and all.

Vicky Gunvalson.  For all the shit Ramona has done, and I will grant you it IS a lot of shit, Ramona has not yet faked a cancer scam.  She did throw an oar and a glass, but she didn't fake cancer and then demand a casserole apology. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14