Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: It's a Clam Shame

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Wtf boat is Luann talking about taking everywhere in the winter? That little not at all winterized dinghy she has at the Sag Harbor house?

Seems a little manic and wired talking about the "boat"

• Love 23

Did Lu seem a little off in the scene where she was listing all of the cities that she had performed in?  All of the sudden Lu says she does not want to go over to the bar like this is her first time in a location where there is booze...um, every social event filmed this season there has been booze even at her best friends houses, Beth had a bottle on the table at lunch and Builder Barb had it flowing along with the lobsters) as well as all of her cabaret gigs, booze, booze and more booze.

Dorinda should just walk away from the Countess's train wreck, sometimes you just have to know when to walk away and if Dorinda was smart she would and would do it with grace.  

Bethenny hog calling Lu over to talk to Dorinda was stupid, she was obviously trying to force some drama to happen and now Barb can be pissed at Dorinda for the shut down she got while Beth went rogue to get Lu and Dorinda together.  

All of these women now have these random men hanging around them, unexplained people popping up in places for little or no reason, just odd.

So the photos of Sonja were very editorial but I did not think they were good in the sense that they looked like Sonja, the wig was bad, it reminded me of every high school year picture in the 70's, middle part, straight long hair.  Sure I craved that look as young girl but I just did not think it was Sonja's best look.  

Would you leave a party early, (while other guests were still eating) and take half the lobsters with you?  Tacky at best.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Seems a little manic and wired talking about the "boat"

Yup, big time!  I just posted about that scene! I think she may be doubling up on some doc prescribed anxiety meds. 

It makes me nuts that these women have the world on a silver platter and they piss it away while I am trying to eek out a living, why do they sabotage themselves so often?

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I have not been the biggest Bethenny fan over the last year or so but I really am looking forward to this SO much. Incidentally, her talking about doing shows at the Borgata made me laugh because I’m staying there Saturday night and she apparently has a show there that night. I hope I get to witness some of her ridiculousness in person. I might yell Jovani!

You have got to do some stalking!  

Off topic, I have been trying forever for a reservation at Chef Volo, I wonder if Lu can walk in off the street and get a table?  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yup, big time!  I just posted about that scene! I think she may be doubling up on some doc prescribed anxiety meds. 

And according to Sonja as long as they are prescribed by a doctor you can’t be an addict who abused them.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Is Bethany wearing a Gucci backpack while handing out gift cards? 

Yes, I spotted that too. My LV luggage is packed and ready to go to the next big disaster too! Her heart is in the right place, she is making a difference in the lives of those affected by natural disasters so it is hard to rag on her but would it have been so bad to just get a nylon Jansport backpack?

BTW, her outfit at Sonja's party was ugly a little bit.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So Bethenny doesn't wear the engagement ring or talk about the engagement until after Dennis is gone? If she wanted to keep that private because they were going through rough times why bring it out at all? 

Wasn't he still married when he died?  Beth does not feel the least little bit weird about wearing an engagement ring from a married guy?

• Love 24
34 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

And according to Sonja as long as they are prescribed by a doctor you can’t be an addict who abused them.

Anxiety meds wouldn't cause delusions of grandeur and paranoia.  Snorting Adderall might.

Edited by Higgins
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Higgins said:

Anxiety meds wouldn't cause delusions of grandeur and paranoia. 

I was making a comment on the fact that Sonja said Dennis didn’t do drugs merely pain killers as if she had no idea about the opioid epidemic.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
Just now, biakbiak said:

I was making a comment on the fact that Sonja said Dennis didn’t do drugs merely pain killers as if she had no idea about the opioid epidemic.

Ah, got it. 

Just now, Higgins said:

Anxiety meds wouldn't cause delusions of grandeur and paranoia. 

I am not sure what the effect misused anxiety med would have but it does seem like she was self medicating with something because she was a bit off in that scene.  

• Love 5

Bethany can own all the Gucci, Fendi, Louie she wants it's just a little tone deaf and insensitive to wear "labels" while handing out money to people who are now homeless and destitute esp for a woman so aware of how she is perceived in these situations ... I mean honestly no one looked at it and thought hmmmm lets find something else? And the big tacky ring thing is for sympathy 100% Honestly she talked mad shit about not being able to get away from him in one breath and how shes gonna date some random guy in the next breath while still wearing the ring.... she was flashing it around just waiting for someone to ask her about it and when they didn't she brought it up herself ...come on now .And nice to shit all over his family and the woman he was still married to and hadnt  even started divorce proceeding against lol (what a diluteanoid).. and what is this bullshit of blondes vs brunettes she has going on? she always has to have a us vs them mentality and its wearing thin ....... Beth there are  assholes on both sides .... this is just my opinion 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 22
11 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

not for nothing, and I'm one of the rare few who don't mind Barbara - but WOW she's been featured A LOT in these first few episodes... I wonder why she's only considered "friend of". Maybe she goes AWOL later in the season?!?

Barbara is on a lot now.  I’m thinking Jill Zarin is next and Barbara will be toast?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, I spotted that too. My LV luggage is packed and ready to go to the next big disaster too! Her heart is in the right place, she is making a difference in the lives of those affected by natural disasters so it is hard to rag on her but would it have been so bad to just get a nylon Jansport backpack?

BTW, her outfit at Sonja's party was ugly a little bit.

The sweet, demure, Little House on the Prairie look is very much at odds with her acerbic personality. I don’t care if it’s Badgley Mischka or whatever well-regarded designer.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Sonja is on WWHL now. They showed the clip of Ramona saying something about Dennis being on drugs. I missed that when I was watching earlier. How awful! Of course she has already apologized for that comment on Twitter.

What killed me is that Ramona made that horrendous comment, Sonja and Tinsley flipped out on her, and then SHE was all, "We shouldn't talk about Dennis. We should honor the man." She is so fucking whack-a-doo. 

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Really Beth?  You had a few things that you and Dennis had to work out before going public with you engagement.  How about Dennis actually filing for divorce?  And now that Dennis died from an overdose, you're wearing the ring Dennis gave you?  What bullshit is this.  The relationship was totally fucked up and now wearing his 'engagement' ring now shows how totally fucked up both of you are/were. 

It does seem a little odd to me. But I'm very hesitant to judge one's grief. I've known so many people who romanticize the dead, who paint the relationship they had with that person in a greater light than the reality. I just don't know that I can judge them for doing this. Maybe, by doing so, they can better cope with all the unresolved issues that will now never be resolved? 

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s only a matter of time.  Good Samaritan Barbara will get a kick in the ass from the Countless.

Tinsley is the only one in the bunch that has manners and class.  

Not as far as Sonja is concerned, remember when Tinsley stayed with her for a while? Even at the end when she thru a party for Sonja and gifted her a huge gift cert from some expensive store it still was not good enough.

Although, Tinsley showing up at Ramona's with caviar...she can stay at my house whenever she wants!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am not sure what the effect misused anxiety med would have but it does seem like she was self medicating with something because she was a bit off in that scene.  

Either that or people's diagnosis of bi-polar is correct and she's NOT medicating. My step-dad is bi-polar. And when he would stop taking his meds for a long time, he became so manic! Twice his mania got so bad he actually became psychotic; and once we had to hospitalize him. If she needs mood stablizers, the absence of medication could make her act just as zany as taking meds would make other people. 

52 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't even notice the labels on her bags; I doubt the people she was handing gift cards out to noticed either.  I was more focused on what Bethenny was doing, not what she had on.

Agree. All I saw is a black bag. I am not a label person; I certainly don't own any luxury items of any sort. So I rarely notice. I'm sure most of the people she was helping aren't really aware either. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Agree. All I saw is a black bag. I am not a label person; I certainly don't own any luxury items of any sort. So I rarely notice. I'm sure most of the people she was helping aren't really aware either. 

Call me a catty b*tch but I absolutely noticed and rolled my eyes so hard, but that’s my job as a viewer. Lol. I do agree that the people she helped probably didn’t even notice or give it a second thought. 

• Love 14
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It also passes for nice in Luann's world. "I wasn't saying anything mean about Dorinda. I wasn't making a dig." The editors cut to a headline with Luann talking about Dorinda's drinking and making a dig during her show. I remember in her "Before They Were Housewives" special,  Luann talked about having a hard time keeping female friends. She said that the women always became jealous. I don't think it would ever occur to her that this kind of shit is the reason why she doesn't have a bunch of female friends. Barbara was on the outs because she got caught admitting that they'd tried to reason with her to not marry Tom. Luann is just a really shitty selfish person. So it never occurs to her that she probably should have been really apologetic to Barbara and her kids.

I think Dorinda was heckling Luann. At the same time, did anyone else notice how often Sonja mentioned the bag designer Telfar whose bags were featured in Sonja's pictures? Sonja said his name many times and that he was a talented bag designer. So I can kind of see how Dorinda might have viewed yelling Jovani  as a way to prompt Luann to remember to mention the designer. The only reason designers give these heifers free shit is so that they'll mention the designer's name and the designer gets cheap advertising that reaches millions.

So true. Lu prioritizes her sexual partners and love interests over her female friends, 100%.  If one of each were drowning, she’d throw the PFD to the one with the penis.

But Lu has few female friends, because women are envious of her.

I don’t remember Sonja being such a Lu advocate before this season.

When Lu was discussing travelling by boat with the Caviar Glutton Producer, she described how she could hop on a boat, bring all her friends!!! 

... and her kids. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, chewycandy said:

“Take a sofa! Take an end table while you’re at it!”

I will always be here for Bethenny

I rewatched the earlier seasons.  A more calm Beth is a funny Beth.  I'm liking her so far this season.  I loved her years ago.

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Call me a catty b*tch but I absolutely noticed and rolled my eyes so hard, but that’s my job as a viewer. Lol. I do agree that the people she helped probably didn’t even notice or give it a second thought. 

I think Beth's charity work is great. There are a lot of wealthy people that give unnoticed and don't need a camera crew following them around.

• Love 17

I also think one of the huge items Beth & D needed to discuss was his getting a handle on his drug abuse. It wasn't just about his still being married---B was probably crazy concerned that he was a junkie.

During the clambake, it looked like Beth wore the Hope diamond in her left ring finger then later on her right ring finger. Did anyone else notice this?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I think Beth's charity work is great. There are a lot of wealthy people that give unnoticed and don't need a camera crew following them around.

But are they on a reality tv show where cameras are supposed to follow them around and film what they're doing?

• Love 12

I am the first one to tell people that you dont judge how people grieve.  Everyone has a process, but Bethenney's reaction to Dennis's death has convinced me, as if I wasn't already, that she is a textbook narcissist.   "It is getting easier" at less than two months????  No bitch, that's when the reality sets in and it gets harder.  Not to mention that it is just pathetic to me that she is already talking about dating.  That is just sad that someone, especially someone with her resources, cannot be alone at all.  It must be awful to live in her head.  Her need for attention is so enormous that she can even entertain the thought of being with anyone else at this point just disgusts me.  I can't imagine what it's like to be that needy.  You would think her social media acolytes would keep her black hole of need satisified for just a little while, but no.  And I don't believe for one second that if they truly were engaged (as if you can be engaged to a married man), that she could keep her yap shut about it.  Bitch talks way too much to keep a secret like that.  She can't help herself.  

But kadooz for the relief work.  I guess.  She does that for attention and validation too, but the people are being helped and that's really all that matters.

• Love 24
11 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Ramona is disgusting. Every season she says something atrocious to another person, and doesn't say sorry. She always says "I apologize" which I don't consider to be the same thing as saying "I'm so sorry, I was wrong." Every year I have more and more contempt for this woman. Barbara is "masculine"? Says the woman who butchered her face and now has a lopsided nose.

There are so many reasons to hate Ramona.   So very many!  But her cuntastic She’s A Man, Baby! twattery towards women she doesn’t care for always moves her straight to the top of any beatdown list.   LuAnn and Barb are men - hm, we at least could bet with confidence that her whore ex would have gladly slung some dick Lu’s way.   And Barb may annoy but she isn’t afraid of that fucked-face she-beast, and was a good hostess to that...thing.   Holy crow.

I have a fundamental issue with the kinds of arrangements Dennis’s firm made with vulnerable people, but Ramona was beyond cruel and out of line.   I know she can entertain but I really detest her, in the way I hate Vicki Gunvalson.   They are cruel, stupid, and their nostrils aren’t friends with whatever original nose each of ‘em had.

I guess I don’t see how Barbara is the least attractive cast member right now.  She’s over 50 but doesn’t look too pulled, and she’s got a bit of a Maxxinista vibe, but I can still look at her, whereas natural light is not Ramona’s friend anymore.  The partial facial paralysis and glimpses of scalp show her fighting aging tooth and claw.   So she needs to shut it.  It’s also beyond time for her to reconsider her clothes, which, and I’m sure this is offensive but it’s not what she’s going for, given her materialism and vanity, always reads like layers of Chico’s over very hardworking Spanx.  Nay, ma’am.   

I’m hoping that while she dates (dates, lays down like a dead starfish on a series of beds in faintly depressing UES bedrooms, tomato, tomahto), that Ramona gets her wallet stolen, twists an ankle trying to make her exit, and is otherwise humiliated on the regular.   I’d bet some lobsters that’s already happened.

Poor gracious Tinsley.  And WHAT WHAT WHAT did Dale do to her face?  She’s the red-haired Joan Van Ark (prepare yourself if you image search.)

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • LOL 8
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Sonja at her magazine party looked like the woman who does the Posh fashion shows on Real Housewives of New Jersey.  

OMG yes!

Sonja used to at least dress herself and do her hair like she still has a lot of money.  That wig she was wearing at the party was ridiculous as are the extensions she has.  I'm 51.  I do not look good with hair past my shoulders.  No older woman does.  I've never seen 1 that looks good with hair to their boobs or past their boobs over a certain age.  Didn't she look at Ramona and learn from her?  Ramona looks 100% better with her new hairstyle.

I'm shocked that Beth didn't poke fun at Sonja's look.  Meanwhile, Sonja feels a little "extra" this year like she's trying way too hard to be quirky.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Lu seem a little off in the scene where she was listing all of the cities that she had performed in?  All of the sudden Lu says she does not want to go over to the bar like this is her first time in a location where there is booze...um, every social event filmed this season there has been booze even at her best friends houses, Beth had a bottle on the table at lunch and Builder Barb had it flowing along with the lobsters) as well as all of her cabaret gigs, booze, booze and more booze.

Dorinda should just walk away from the Countess's train wreck, sometimes you just have to know when to walk away and if Dorinda was smart she would and would do it with grace.  

Bethenny hog calling Lu over to talk to Dorinda was stupid, she was obviously trying to force some drama to happen and now Barb can be pissed at Dorinda for the shut down she got while Beth went rogue to get Lu and Dorinda together.  

All of these women now have these random men hanging around them, unexplained people popping up in places for little or no reason, just odd.

So the photos of Sonja were very editorial but I did not think they were good in the sense that they looked like Sonja, the wig was bad, it reminded me of every high school year picture in the 70's, middle part, straight long hair.  Sure I craved that look as young girl but I just did not think it was Sonja's best look.  

Would you leave a party early, (while other guests were still eating) and take half the lobsters with you?  Tacky at best.

I laughed when she said that. Yeah, it's so less tempting to sit at a long lounge sofa, surrounded by all the ladies thigh to thigh, add in Barbara who sits on you like a crane, each one holding a different alcoholic beverage - yeah no chance in hell of feeling longings of snatching a glass to guzzle

• LOL 4
  • Love 7