Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: To Grandmother’s House We Go

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

Ugh, is cool Josh throwing up gang signs?  Aaaaand Anna may look different because she is on trend with the heavy brows.  I hope they HAD to move because they can’t even afford the $55,000 house and are JB tenants.

Edited by Jenilane6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Yes, she had a son named Isaiah. The footage is from around July/August last year.

This picture is from early December. Kendra's dad is on the far left with the baby and her other little brother is on the right (red vest) holding Garrett. 

Screenshot_20190321-163949_Instagram.thumb.jpg.63fef6c8f6a1094816071d12d82958a9.jpg

Is there a map listed where the source of this picture came from stating who is who ? I.m seeing faces I don't recognize - which might be the little brothers of Lauren or Kendra.

.and for some reason I can't find "I-must-seen" Jessa.  

It might have been better if the photographer (ie whomever was holding the cell phone)  just said just do simple everyday smiles.

Edited by sATL
On 3/20/2019 at 5:17 PM, doodlebug said:

Nursing schools each have a distinctive cap that their graduates wear at various school ceremonies, like the one where they get their nursing pins which are also unique to the school.  Back in the day, when a nurse got a job, she wore  her cap and pin with her uniform.  It was sort of a point of pride and a way to identify fellow grads.  When I was in high school, I babysat for kids whose mother was an ICU nurse at Cleveland Clinic (big time rep even then).  She had to wear a white nursing dress, white hose and shoes along with her cap and pin while working.  Needless to say, her uniforms got pretty messy over the course of a shift.  I remember her washing her nurse' cap in the kitchen sink and then soaking it with liquid starch and 'sticking' it to the door of her fridge so it would dry flat.  When she was ready for work, she's grab it and fold it into shape as she walked out the door.

It is quite likely that Abby can maintain her nursing license even if she doesn't work for the next few years.  Most nursing boards allow a nurse to get an inactive status license if they're taking time off to raise kids, etc. Licensure intervals vary from state to state but it is usually several years long.  If she got an Arkansas license now, she could get active status since she has so recently been working.  Once she doesn't work within the timeframe that the license covers, she can ask for inactive status which is granted automatically presuming she is in good standing.  Most states require that inactive nurses participate in a certain number of educational hours which could mean attending conferences or doing online courses, etc.  It's pretty simple to get the required hours at minimal to no cost.  Then, if she decides to return to work, she asks to go onto active status and, if she shows she's done the courses, she is all set.  She does have to work a certain number of hours as an LPN over the next licensure period to stay active.

Doing stuff like caring for family or even mission trips would not count for a license because 1. she would have to be employed and 2. someone would have to provide monitoring and oversight of her work to certify that she was meeting the standards.

Do you know Roxanne Sukol?  

17 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

Ugh, is cool Josh throwing up gang signs?  Aaaaand Anna may look different because she is on trend with the heavy brows.  I hope they HAD to move because they can’t even afford the $55,000 house and are JB tenants.

At least it doesn't look like the white power sign that has been popping up in a lot of pics lately

• Love 3
6 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jinger has come a long way with all those full hugs! I guess that means she doesn’t want to have sex with grandma. 

Being around people who are actually warm and friendly instead of phonily warm and friendly can be a hell of a drug when it's new to you. 

Glad some Duggar is getting that experience. (....not that I know what's being discussed here, since I don't watch....but I gather Jer has numerous relatives who don't act like Meeeechelle, right?)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Being around people who are actually warm and friendly instead of phonily warm and friendly can be a hell of a drug when it's new to you. 

Glad some Duggar is getting that experience. (....not that I know what's being discussed here, since I don't watch....but I gather Jer has numerous relatives who don't act like Meeeechelle, right?)

I agree, and I'm happy Felicity will get to experience that as well. 

• Love 13
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, Natalie68 said:

Do you know Roxanne Sukol?  

Cleveland Clinic currently employs over 4000 physicians who work at 11 different hospitals.  Short answer: nope.  I looked her up and, aside from the fact that she is not in my specialty, she works on the east side of town at the Main Campus while I work regionally on the west side.  There are more than 200 OB/GYN docs and, the way our practice is set up, we are technically considered partners and I don't know many of them, either.  

On 3/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, BitterApple said:

They're an awkward family, aren't they? Not quite as bad as the Swansons, but still strange enough where you get the vibe "fun" is a foreign concept. 

The whole "we're special because we wear our modesty like a badge of honor" is so played out. Maybe Fundies are too busy averting their eyes to notice, but gasp! not every woman wears a string bikini to the beach. Swim skirts and tank tops are common, especially if you're going to be doing activities where you don't want your cash and prizes falling out. Aside from that ridiculous Wholesomewear, none of these people would stand out from the crowd.

LOL at the "cash and prizes".  My daughters are all runners (I have 3), and we buy boy shorts/tankini tops for swimwear because we live on the shores of one of the Great Lakes and they beach run ALL the time, followed by a swim.  It's not for modesty but more for practicality.  It's really all about comfort.  They live in leggings, and I just realized that my girls are satanic for wearing them....according to Lori Alexander's blog.  

Some of the modesty rules confound me.  I seriously get baffled by it.  One of the Fruits of the Spirit is self control?  If the duggars have the Holy Spirit shouldn't they be able to practice self control?  So confusing.  It's literally a SIGN that they are believers, but the fundies don't believe that they are capable of it?  weird.  

• Love 12