Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: You Give Love A Bad Name

• Start Topic

Most of these men and women have not been successful in finding their own partners so here we are! 

Jasmine wants a man like dear old dad but Will's not that man!  Will has something wrong with him that he sleeps all the time making him unsociable.

Keith is handsome and caring but Kristine really wanted a man with power and money.  Personally I think she's reaching too high!

I'm still trying to figure out what AJ does???  Staffing?  Is that big money?  If yes Stephanie will continue trying with him!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Most of these men and women have not been successful in finding their own partners so here we are! 

Jasmine wants a man like dear old dad but Will's not that man!  Will has something wrong with him that he sleeps all the time making him unsociable.

Keith is handsome and caring but Kristine really wanted a man with power and money.  Personally I think she's reaching too high!

I'm still trying to figure out what AJ does???  Staffing?  Is that big money?  If yes Stephanie will continue trying with him!

AJ was originally listed as a production staffing company owner and was clearly IMO the 4th couple chosen, there was an US magazine article with only 3 couples and AJ and Steph were not in it? I know there was some speculation if he was a plant or worked for production, and then it just said staffing company owner.  His company is called future force talent. I do not have a linkedin account so I can't see  anymore info and his website is down and his facebook is bare (one review and the person could possible be entertainment or filming?) 

AJ did say to Dr, Jessica that production or filming was frustrating and he had suggestions that could help and she changed the subject but maybe he is in some sort of production business and that is why the filming is bothering him so much?

Have no clue what a production staffer makes. I know a regular staffing agency can make good money if they make solid long term connections with the right businesses and people. It does seem like many small businesses in my area use a staffing agency to save money these days. It is not just about hiring people, I know businesses that will know who they want to hire but send hem to the staffing agency for paperwork, background checks, to do payroll and insurance. It saves having to pay office staff and handle paperwork. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes Staffing agencies can make a lot of money since they get a good cut once they place someone. I knew someone who worked at a staffing agency in NYC (she was an account director vs just someone starting out though) and she was making around 100k. Not sure if Philadelphia is similar to NYC. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Final comments on all couples before the finale....

Will and Jasmine

These two barely seem like friends never mind being a married couple. If they stay married they're only fooling themselves. I'd love to hear the experts defend these picks this season. I try not to be too hard on the experts marriage is difficult enough under normal circumstances. If it weren't for the drama of Kate and Luke we'd talk a lot more about this couple. I blame Will he's putting forth minimal effort. Are they really not having sex or are they hiding it too?

AJ and Stephanie,

I have a crush on Stephanie so I really hope AJ admits his issue and seeks help and he can have a wonderful wife at his side. I suspect they will stay married she will hope and pray with camera's gone he will become more normal. Not without help barring which I don't expect to see them married at the reunion.

Keith and Kristine,

I think they'll stay married. Best of the bunch Keith needs some maturing a bit more confidence and leadership. If he doens't have say so its because he's not leading.

Kate and Luke.

Can any more be said? Gives weight to the notion that people only go through this process and let someone else pick their mate because they're screwed up...

Could neither one of them really find a suitable mate? Kate?

I expect them to be relieved its over...

**I** will be relieved when it is over.

I gave up on last season immediately after the weddings and just read this forum. For some reason I stuck with this season. I feel dirty.

• Love 3

Someone else said it best: it's the drama we come for and despite what is, IMO, a 100% failure rate of this season's couples, they definitely delivered on the drama.

My end of season assessments:

AJ & Stephanie - most likely to stay together through ending and reunion but I don't know about forever, since I don't trust AJ to improve on his mood swings or lack of maturity when it comes to accepting he can't always have exactly what he wants. Grown women don't tend to put up with man-babies forever.

Will & Jasmine - Jasmine will choose to stay together and Will will choose to divorce. Then Jasmine will act shocked like she did all she could, even though she bashed everything about Will, even including his dreams!, for the entire 8 weeks.

Keith & Kristine - stay together and I believe most likely to stay together long term. I attribute that to Kristine being a good woman/wife, a kind soul, and willing to overlook minor annoyances in favor of keeping her marriage. I don't know if the same can actually be said for Keith. I don't feel like we got as much of an inside look at him. but I don't see him mattering too much on the stay together front because I think Kristine will keep things together and solid between them even if she is the one truly making the effort semi-alone.

Kate & Luke - I can only believe at this point that they are both just acting.  I believe they will stay together at the 8 weeks to annoy the shit out of all of us, then go their separate ways behind 'closed doors' until the reunion and we will see them still together there, again to our total annoyance, and then we will read about them splitting up when there is nothing left of the show.

I don't think any of these couples were a good match this season, but I do want to address the notion that no one would practice an arranged marriage if they didn't "have to". Many cultures practice arranged marriages and have very successful and strong families. I think this is because it's family members, the people who know the 'candidates' beyond simply what they would write (and possibly have self-biases) on paper, and really know the real person inside, who is picking who would be a good match. This is the flaw with this experiment. Expert or not, you don't truly know the person; only hearing about them as they see themselves, and no one REALLY sees themselves for who they really are as we all like to think we are better than what we are. We all make excuses for some of our actions that we judge others for, we all see our own flaws as not as 'big' as those same flaws in others, etc. Whereas family members see them and know them and therefore can know what a person can overcome and what things they will be willing to work on to keep a happy marriage, how short their fuse is, and how much value they place on accepting the other person to keep the marriage healthy vs seeing all their flaws. Some people trust their family to find a better mate than they ever could BECAUSE their families know them so well.

I don't think there is anything wrong with arranged marriages or that the people willing to have an arranged marriage are someone flawed for accepting or wanting that. I just think this specific way it's gone about on this show is the flaw.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I do want to address the notion that no one would practice an arranged marriage if they didn't "have to". Many cultures practice arranged marriages and have very successful and strong families. I think this is because it's family members, the people who know the 'candidates' beyond simply what they would write (and possibly have self-biases) on paper, and really know the real person inside, who is picking who would be a good match. This is the flaw with this experiment. Expert or not, you don't truly know the person; only hearing about them as they see themselves, and no one REALLY sees themselves for who they really are as we all like to think we are better than what we are. We all make excuses for some of our actions that we judge others for, we all see our own flaws as not as 'big' as those same flaws in others, etc. Whereas family members see them and know them and therefore can know what a person can overcome and what things they will be willing to work on to keep a happy marriage, how short their fuse is, and how much value they place on accepting the other person to keep the marriage healthy vs seeing all their flaws. Some people trust their family to find a better mate than they ever could BECAUSE their families know them so well.

I don't think there is anything wrong with arranged marriages or that the people willing to have an arranged marriage are someone flawed for accepting or wanting that. I just think this specific way it's gone about on this show is the flaw.

Agreed. THESE arranged marriages are trash. Arranged marriages in general are not.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Someone else said it best: it's the drama we come for and despite what is, IMO, a 100% failure rate of this season's couples, they definitely delivered on the drama.

My end of season assessments:

AJ & Stephanie - most likely to stay together through ending and reunion but I don't know about forever, since I don't trust AJ to improve on his mood swings or lack of maturity when it comes to accepting he can't always have exactly what he wants. Grown women don't tend to put up with man-babies forever.

Will & Jasmine - Jasmine will choose to stay together and Will will choose to divorce. Then Jasmine will act shocked like she did all she could, even though she bashed everything about Will, even including his dreams!, for the entire 8 weeks.

Keith & Kristine - stay together and I believe most likely to stay together long term. I attribute that to Kristine being a good woman/wife, a kind soul, and willing to overlook minor annoyances in favor of keeping her marriage. I don't know if the same can actually be said for Keith. I don't feel like we got as much of an inside look at him. but I don't see him mattering too much on the stay together front because I think Kristine will keep things together and solid between them even if she is the one truly making the effort semi-alone.

Kate & Luke - I can only believe at this point that they are both just acting.  I believe they will stay together at the 8 weeks to annoy the shit out of all of us, then go their separate ways behind 'closed doors' until the reunion and we will see them still together there, again to our total annoyance, and then we will read about them splitting up when there is nothing left of the show.

I don't think any of these couples were a good match this season, but I do want to address the notion that no one would practice an arranged marriage if they didn't "have to". Many cultures practice arranged marriages and have very successful and strong families. I think this is because it's family members, the people who know the 'candidates' beyond simply what they would write (and possibly have self-biases) on paper, and really know the real person inside, who is picking who would be a good match. This is the flaw with this experiment. Expert or not, you don't truly know the person; only hearing about them as they see themselves, and no one REALLY sees themselves for who they really are as we all like to think we are better than what we are. We all make excuses for some of our actions that we judge others for, we all see our own flaws as not as 'big' as those same flaws in others, etc. Whereas family members see them and know them and therefore can know what a person can overcome and what things they will be willing to work on to keep a happy marriage, how short their fuse is, and how much value they place on accepting the other person to keep the marriage healthy vs seeing all their flaws. Some people trust their family to find a better mate than they ever could BECAUSE their families know them so well.

My Mother and Father had an arranged marriage.  My Father was a good looking, kind and gentle man,but my Mother was not happy her whole life.  It just “wasn’t there” for her.  I felt very bad for both of them.  Arranged marriages are a gamble.  The minute my husband and I met for the first time, we clicked, and are still married for about 100 years.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I want to choose my own partner, even if it turns out to be a bad decision.  At least it's my choice.

Yes.  There has to be an attraction .. a basis as marriage is hard enough.

• Love 6
On 3/23/2019 at 6:11 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

ETA: "Making a mockery of marriage." Besides arranged marriages' being common in some extant cultures, so have there been allegedly "love connection" marriages that we came to know were anything but from the git-go. E.g., Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer; Elton John and Renate. So I wouldn't call "MAFS" a mockery so much as a variation of marriage. 

To be fair, I don't think it's the "arranged marriage" part that makes some think it's a mockery of marriage. I think it's that these arranged marriages have the couple meet at the altar, the marriages are called "an experiment," the whole thing is televised for entertainment purposes, and "divorce" is shown as an easy way out after only eight weeks.  

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Many cultures practice arranged marriages and have very successful and strong families. I think this is because it's family members, the people who know the 'candidates' beyond simply what they would write (and possibly have self-biases) on paper, and really know the real person inside, who is picking who would be a good match.

I also think that in cultures that do this, divorce is not an easy option, if an option at all.  Couples are expected to work out how to be together.  I also wonder if they place as high a value as we tend to on romantic love?  As opposed to being compatible and a good match. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

To be fair, I don't think it's the "arranged marriage" part that makes some think it's a mockery of marriage. I think it's that these arranged marriages have the couple meet at the altar, the marriages are called "an experiment," the whole thing is televised for entertainment purposes, and "divorce" is shown as an easy way out after only eight weeks.  

Yes - from what I’ve seen with arranged marriages the couple gets to meet and spend some time together before deciding.  I was hoping the show with them on the island (what was it called?) would be more like that where they could spend time before choosing, but they ruined it by having them pick a mate in 24hours.  I guess that’s how you make cheap drama 🙄

• Love 3

Many cultures practice arranged marriages and have very successful and strong families.

The comparison of cultures that practices arranged marriages isn't very relevant to such an arrangement in a culture that doesn't practice it and then videos the entire experience.

I have an idea for a spin off...Living in Sin at First Sight. Go through the same routine but couples decide if they want to get married at the end of eight weeks...

• Love 5

They're constantly saying these are "legal & binding marriages", but every season I have trouble taking these seriously as "marriages" when they're going to be offered divorce as an out in 8wks & are also calling it an "experiment".

• Love 1

They're constantly saying these are "legal & binding marriages", but every season I have trouble taking these seriously as "marriages" when they're going to be offered divorce as an out in 8wks & are also calling it an "experiment".

To be fair, every married couple has the option of getting divorced immediately after getting married. Just ask Brittney Spears.

• LOL 5
Just now, Elizzikra said:

To be fair, every married couple has the option of getting divorced immediately after getting married. Just ask Brittney Spears.

Not every married couple is going to have their divorce paid for if they split in under 6 months. That was the case with the show; maybe they've even extended the time now to make things look better.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, Cammi said:

My co worker just weighed in on Luke and Kate situation, and he thinks Luke has a significant other or side piece. That is where he probably went for the one month anniversary and probably where he was when he did not come home and lied and said he was too drunk. He wasn't too drunk to come home, he was in his girl's bed. My co worker speculates it is also why Luke feels bad after sex (guilt) and wanted to keep it a secret from the public. So his real girlfriend / FWB would not find out. Luke did this for the publicity. He is just a stunt queen. Interesting theory. I asked him why he thought this and he just said "That guy ain't gay, he's just seeing someone else he might truly care for or be developing feelings for. Dude runs a singles meetup, he ain't hurting for attention from women." 

Luke probably thought he would get on the show, get saddled with a "Jasmine" type, play the gentleman like Will (no sex) and get exposure. Instead he got the emotionally damaged, monotone, needy mess that is Kate. 

I posed this same theory either earlier in this episode thread or in last week's.  And in my post I also theorized that this is why Luke acts guilty and conflicted about having sex with Kate.  It's one of the only explanations that makes his behavior make any sense.  Great minds think alike, right?

• Love 2
On 3/22/2019 at 7:06 PM, kanona29 said:

LUKE gave LUKE a bad name. And Luke is just like his momma, cold and rude. 

Luke looks down on Kate. Unfortunately, with that type of dynamic the judged partner tends to lose their footing and power in the relationship. They become invested in fixing their flaws to make their partner value and deem them worthy enough. 

I remember how giggly and excited Kate was on her wedding day. She was so happy...Now look at her. smh.

I remember being in a long-distance dating situation where the guy was sarcastically mean and he would find ways to cut me down.  I'm pretty strong and confident, but I remember losing myself a bit with this guy. I became so focused on proving that I was worthy and forgetting that HE was not the worthy one. I finally snapped out of it one day and walked away without even a goodbye, but it did take me longer than it should have...

This is a very important point that I've tried to make but not as well as you have here.  I give Kate a lot of slack because this can happen to anyone.  That's how manipulative assholes disempower their victims to the point that they lose their confidence and question themselves.  And yes, this is "gaslighting" behavior after the old movie I have known and loved for most of my life.

I was also in a long distance dating situation with a guy that did the same thing to me and I too found myself losing my confidence and putting the focus on defending myself instead of realizing that he was the asshole.  And I was never like that, not even close.  I snapped out of it too but not before he ground me down emotionally.  I learned from that and it never happened again.  Kate is young and not as well defended against that kind of abuse.  So again, I give her a lot of slack and refrain from criticizing her seemingly immature behavior.  I figure this is probably not the "real" Kate we are seeing here.

• Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, Ilovepie said:

Well, to be fair, that is a true statement irregardless of Kate and Luke. I think she was just referring to the whole concept, not any particular plans Luke had to marry a woman under false pretenses. She is not the first parent on this show to object to it. Not by a long shot.

Ah, but even if Luke's mother is referring to the concept of the show in general with that statement she is still implying that her son is making a mockery of marriage by participating in it at all in general.  Whether she intended to imply that or not, it's obvious she doesn't approve of Luke being involved in the show in general.

I wonder if she also thinks those speed dating events Luke hosts make a mockery of dating.  Hah.

• LOL 4

Someone on this site calls Luke, "puke," and I so agree. He really ticked me off when he said "my family has a rule, if you pack it you have to carry it yourself." How selfish.  There is just nothing attractive about him. I think he must have a higher Opinion of himself than anyone else does. I can see why he is single. I can also see why Kate a single, she is too much of a milquetoast.  She not only needs to walk away she needs to run away. I pray she doesn't wait for him to make the decision.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, antfitz said:

Someone on this site calls Luke, "puke," and I so agree. He really ticked me off when he said "my family has a rule, if you pack it you have to carry it yourself." How selfish.  There is just nothing attractive about him. I think he must have a higher Opinion of himself than anyone else does. I can see why he is single. I can also see why Kate a single, she is too much of a milquetoast.  She not only needs to walk away she needs to run away. I pray she doesn't wait for him to make the decision.

Puke's mother has some nerve passing judgment on the show, not that she isn't right about it to some extent, but she raised that asshole, so maybe she should look in the mirror before she blames the show for the stuff he's doing or not doing.  And I do think she had something to do with raising him not to be a gentleman.  Phrases like that make me wonder just how much responsibility his family had in making him the jerk that he is.  Unless he's making that up and throwing them under the bus too!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, antfitz said:

"my family has a rule, if you pack it you have to carry it yourself."

My relationship has a rule like that, except it's unspoken and it goes "If you make me carry my own bags I might be too tired for vacation sexytimes" - I don't like to test the rules.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Puke's mother has some nerve passing judgment on the show, not that she isn't right about it to some extent, but she raised that asshole, so maybe she should look in the mirror before she blames the show for the stuff he's doing or not doing.  And I do think she had something to do with raising him not to be a gentleman.  Phrases like that make me wonder just how much responsibility his family had in making him the jerk that he is.  Unless he's making that up and throwing them under the bus too!

Luke's mom has spoken out on the show so is more subject to judgement, but fathers, especially when the same sex parent, have a huge role in shaping the kids - I'm so tired of 'blame the mom' crap all the time. Where the fuck is the father's role, like, ever?? In fact it was his father who had the "rule" about over packing & carrying your own bags. For all we know his father treated his mother like crap too & he's just carrying on with what he's seen. Mom hasn't been on enough to judge IMO, but dad is silent but present - he's responsible as well.

No offense to you @Yeah No, I just find this kind of thing upsetting as I see way too many moms blamed because they are the ones out there talking, when I've known for a fact behind the scenes the husband/father was a royal abusive douche bag, but because he keeps out of the way or his mouth is shut no one thinks about his role in the development of his children.

Okay, rant over.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

16 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Luke's mom has spoken out on the show so is more subject to judgement, but fathers, especially when the same sex parent, have a huge role in shaping the kids - I'm so tired of 'blame the mom' crap all the time. Where the fuck is the father's role, like, ever?? In fact it was his father who had the "rule" about over packing & carrying your own bags. For all we know his father treated his mother like crap too & he's just carrying on with what he's seen. Mom hasn't been on enough to judge IMO, but dad is silent but present - he's responsible as well.

No offense to you @Yeah No, I just find this kind of thing upsetting as I see way too many moms blamed because they are the ones out there talking, when I've known for a fact behind the scenes the husband/father was a royal douche bag, but because he keeps out of the way or his mouth is shut no one thinks about his role in the development of his children.

Okay, rant over.

I think @Yeah No's post blames both parents pretty evenly for raising an asshat.  Someone as impossibly shitty as Luke isn't created in a vacuum.  It takes a lot of dedicated hours of making one carry his own bag and hiding all the Mach3 razors on shelves too high for him to reach.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I think @Yeah No's post blames both parents pretty evenly for raising an asshat.  Someone as impossibly shitty as Luke isn't created in a vacuum.  It takes a lot of dedicated hours of making one carry his own bag and hiding all the Mach3 razors on shelves too high for him to reach.

Yeah it wasn't so much the one post as I've seen several going on about his mom, so I finally felt like posting about it. It was a general rant so I probably shouldn't have even quoted any one particular post. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

No offense to you @Yeah No, I just find this kind of thing upsetting as I see way too many moms blamed because they are the ones out there talking, when I've known for a fact behind the scenes the husband/father was a royal abusive douche bag, but because he keeps out of the way or his mouth is shut no one thinks about his role in the development of his children.

Okay, rant over.

OK, but just because I called Puke's mother out doesn't mean I don't think the rest of his family or his father had anything to do with the way he turned out.  I called her out because she is the one that spoke out, period.  Did I have to mention that or be told I'm singling out mothers?  She singled herself out.  Plus I mentioned parents in my post, not just mothers.  Sheesh.

46 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Thanks, @Drogo!  You are right of course.

• Love 1

My apologizes @Yeah No, I didn’t mean it that way, but can see how it went over wrong & was misplaced.

I’ve had way too much experience with abusive men so in general this season has been tough; it’s been quite triggering.

Again, sorry. I should probably blow the rest of this season off but feel like I have to see it through.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

My apologizes @Yeah No, I didn’t mean it that way, but can see how it went over wrong & was misplaced.

I’ve had way too much experience with abusive men so in general this season has been tough; it’s been quite triggering.

Again, sorry. I should probably blow the rest of this season off but feel like I have to see it through.

No problem, your posts are some of my favorites on the board so I get it.  You were talking near me not about me, LOL.  I have done that myself.  No need to apologize!  ☮️❤️  ((hugs)).

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

it's obvious she doesn't approve of Luke being involved in the show in general.

If it was my child I would feel the same way. I don't fault her for that.

As far as the luggage carrying is concerned, it's one thing to say that to a kid as a parent who doesn't want to be responsible for a kid over packing a bunch of crap (and I speak from experience - my daughter would have brought 15,000 stuffed animals on vacation in her childhood). It's another to apply the same logic to your wife........

• Love 1

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who doesn't typically watch "Love Unlocked" with the 'experts' but I did catch one thing last week & felt it was horrible. Cal was commenting on Will & basically said he wasn't doing his husbandly duty. I can't recall all of what he said but one thing was that Will "should just make love to his wife" - & I believe he stated that opinion twice.

That was kind of a wow for me in fucked up-ness... imagine if the roles were reversed & Jasmine wasn't interested in Will's advances, & he told Jasmine to "just make love to your husband", even though they just met a few weeks ago & not feeling it, as if it's a duty.  But even though Will is obviously not into Jasmine, Cal's big advice is he should just get down with her anyway. Don't really know why I'm surprised but I thought that was particularly awful.

• Love 7

From the beginning the whole thing was a big joke to Luke , his friends and his family. ..just look at first episode when they were getting married. 

I hope that Kate realizes his pining to remain married are just his way of manipulating her so that he can say he DOES want a divorce. 

AJ --is a big baby and Stephanie needs to run because her whole life will be mothering this only child so he does not have a tantrum.

My opinion ...festering for weeks

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 8.42.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 8.43.08 PM.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

That very last 2-second shot of the Martini Glass Hot Tub with Keith looking at Kristine? Whatever was on his face---lust, love, admiration, gratitude---it was REAL. I think he'll want to stay married!

I thought his goal was nursing which would suit him very well. So why the doctor thing now. Become a nurse and if you feel it, go for the MD.  Nursing pays well and is respected. 

• Love 1

Nursing pays well and is respected. 

I hope he does this too. It also offers diverse opportunities and he can further his education if he wants to become a Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, etc. It's a hard, hard job but it's a good one and the world certainly needs more nurses!

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, Mazzy said:

This is so funny!  You should be a reality show script writer!

My theory as to why these folks do this "social experiment":  The women do it because they have had disastrous relationships in the past and have lost faith in their ability to make good choices.  The men do it because they want to be married (for whatever reason) and they are too lazy to do the dating scene.  They want to be able to tell an "expert" what they want in a woman and have that woman delivered to them at the altar. 

Edited by suzeecat
additional thoughts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who doesn't typically watch "Love Unlocked" with the 'experts' but I did catch one thing last week & felt it was horrible. Cal was commenting on Will & basically said he wasn't doing his husbandly duty. I can't recall all of what he said but one thing was that Will "should just make love to his wife" - & I believe he stated that opinion twice.

That was kind of a wow for me in fucked up-ness... imagine if the roles were reversed & Jasmine wasn't interested in Will's advances, & he told Jasmine to "just make love to your husband", even though they just met a few weeks ago & not feeling it, as if it's a duty.  But even though Will is obviously not into Jasmine, Cal's big advice is he should just get down with her anyway. Don't really know why I'm surprised but I thought that was particularly awful.

Ugh, I avoid "Love Unlocked" too.  The times I have watched it I have seen similar cringe inducing remarks by Pastor Cal.  Wasn't he the one that insisted that Will and Jasmine would be a good match?  Him acting like this sounds like sour grapes because he was wrong about that.  But it's also fucked up and disgusting, I agree.  He can't just admit that he was wrong, he has to blame the participants.  Really crappy.

• Love 2

I also stopped watching those add on shows right after Pastor Cal told Luke to "man up" or get off the show. He was one of the people who put him on! I wish they could use a panel of people who know the participants and let them pick out their spouse. Then, they couldn't hide their true selves, but this season was a big fail.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, suzeecat said:

They want to be able to tell an "expert" what they want in a woman and have that woman delivered to them at the altar. 

I feel that both genders do this, and honestly, can you blame them? Dating sucks. I know some people genuinely like the passing around of potential partners but I think most of us, if given a choice, would just be like "okay just bring him to me!"; as long as he's not a serial killer or a dog hater or some nutbag wanting us to move off grid and live off berries and 10 year old eggs that he has stored in his basement for some apocalypse he's sure is coming, I'll make it work. LOL

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Mazzy said:

I feel that both genders do this, and honestly, can you blame them? Dating sucks. I know some people genuinely like the passing around of potential partners but I think most of us, if given a choice, would just be like "okay just bring him to me!"; as long as he's not a serial killer or a dog hater or some nutbag wanting us to move off grid and live off berries and 10 year old eggs that he has stored in his basement for some apocalypse he's sure is coming, I'll make it work. LOL

Yeah, well then, don't complain when they tell you that you repulse them and leave them feeling dead inside . . .

On 3/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, suzeecat said:

My theory as to why these folks do this "social experiment":  The women do it because they have had disastrous relationships in the past and have lost faith in their ability to make good choices.  The men do it because they want to be married (for whatever reason) and they are too lazy to do the dating scene.  They want to be able to tell an "expert" what they want in a woman and have that woman delivered to them at the altar. 

I think both genders do it for both those reasons.  They've had disastrous relationships in the past and don't trust themselves to make good choices.  People want to have partners and want someone else to make the selections and decisions for them.