Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: You Give Love A Bad Name

• Start Topic

The couples focus towards the future as they're less than one week from the wedding day. Trust is broken, secrets are revealed, and the heat is turned up as the mini-moon comes to an end-This entry written by Drogo, the Mod.

Edited by humbleopinion
The mod wrote the entry. Not Humbo.
  • Love 1

This actually hurt to watch with Luke and Kate. He looked PISSED. Like he was going to harm her. His eyes looked so cold and evil. Cold blooded! This couple is insane. Freaking insane. They are toxic together. It’s horrible tv. It’s making me sad. 

Edited by Cammi
Gorrible isn’t a word
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, Cammi said:

This actually hurt to watch with Luke and Kate. He looked PISSED. Like he was going to harm her. His eyes looked so cold and evil. Cold blooded! This couple is insane. Freaking insane. They are toxic together. It’s gorrible tv. It’s making me sad. 

Seriously. This is fucking terrifying to watch.

• Love 7

Oh so Katydid is getting blackout drunk. Hmmm...is this a chicken or the egg type deal? Is she pissy drunk and the result is dead inside Puke? Or does Puke act as if he's dead inside so Kate gets pissy drunk? 

Did i say that right???

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Does Kate have lockjaw or something? I can't focus on a single thing she says because I marvel at her clenched teeth. I'd love to witness a convo btwn her and Kandi from RHOA.

Besides her annoying clenched teeth and the monotone voice,  what the hell are they talking about anyhow?  Kate is so freakin needy it’s embarrasing.

• Love 10

I recorded and am zipping through. Just got to part before Kate and Puke leave the cabin and are talking on the bed. Kate told Puke she reached out to Dr. Pepper for advice and also spoke to Jasmine. I am confused b/c I thought the preview showed this convo happening on the drive home with Luke getting ugly about it.

• Love 1
Just now, Gem 10 said:

Besides her annoying clenched teeth and the monotone voice,  what the hell are they talking about anyhow?  Kate is so freakin needy it’s embarrasing.

If I were married to Luke, or even had to spend any amount of time with him, I’d clench my jaw... and grind my teeth and do a few shots. He’s completely intolerable.

I think Kate speaks more clearly with other people than she does with Luke. I think she speaks in a soft mumble with Luke because she is afraid of his response. It’s all she can do to gather up her courage and say what she has to say.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, linleyphd said:

Luke can't even be gentleman enough to help Kate upstairs with her luggage, Ugh

He made it clear when she was packing and bringing too much that she would be toting her own baggage.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

It's funny when Kate tries to communicate with Luke he always changes the subject and makes it about her drinking.  He is so psycho and she is just pathetic that she continues to have any faith in this relationship.  If they don't end this I will be amazed.

• Love 16

I think Kate speaks in the same monotone, clench-jawed voice with everybody.

Keith does seem happy to be married to Kristine but I fear she's going to cut him loose.  I was pulling for those two to make it. 

The one think I'm hoping for is for Stephanie to kick AJ's ass to the curb. 

Will needs to release himself from Jasmine so that he can finally get a good night's rest.  

• Love 14

Long ago I used to be with a guy like Luke (except he used less mind games and more guilt). Some things Luke was saying brought me right back, I feel like I’m about to throw up. I’m still not a confident person, but back then I was terribly self conscious and inexperienced with relationships. I think a lot of why Kate speaks and acts the way she does is because she is not comfortable with herself. Luke was the worst person for her to be paired with, it’s like a perfect storm of toxicity. Oh and this ‘drinking problem’ thing is BS. He’s just throwing everything at her to see what sticks. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke is an abusive piece of garbage. Kate looks like she is afraid of him. 

9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kate always looks afraid.

Perhaps I'm too much of a hardened NY'r but I cannot stand how mousy Kate is. Say what you need to say to the man like a grown up and quit with the teary eyed dramatics. 

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Perhaps I'm too much of a hardened NY'r but I cannot stand how mousy Kate is. Say what you need to say to the man without like a grown up and quit with the teary eyed dramatics. 

Not to be mean, but I can see why Kate is not married.  She has no umpf in her.  A man wants a little challenge, not a door mat.  And Luke is a pompous ass.  Very sickening match.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

Gosh, this season is still so boring!

It is finally decision day next week, when they will all decide to stay married because of the contract?

I think so. What I don’t get is - in some way - why it’s so huge for the couples that are getting along. If they aren’t sure they want to stay married for the long haul but think there’s potential - stay married. It’s not like they have to divorce now or forever hold their peace. They can always divorce later. If the couple is clearly not meant to be (hello, Kate and Luke - that line forms right here) they should go ahead and split but if there’s a chance of a positive ending (Kristine and Keith), stay together a little longer and see how it goes. They all talk like if they don’t get the divorce now, they can’t ever get one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

I am confused b/c I thought the preview showed this convo happening on the drive home with Luke getting ugly about it.

Me, too.  The way they edited the preview sure made it seem that way. Hate when we're fooled like that.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

If I were married to Luke, or even had to spend any amount of time with him, I’d clench my jaw... and grind my teeth and do a few shots. He’s completely intolerable.

I think Kate speaks more clearly with other people than she does with Luke. I think she speaks in a soft mumble with Luke because she is afraid of his response. It’s all she can do to gather up her courage and say what she has to say.

How could she even think of staying with this guy if she is afraid to even speak her mind to him?  He is insane, and trying to make her insane.  I’ve never seen a guy like him.  He’s a sicko.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

That very last 2-second shot of the Martini Glass Hot Tub with Keith looking at Kristine? Whatever was on his face---lust, love, admiration, gratitude---it was REAL. I think he'll want to stay married!

I think he said as much- he’s just hoping she will too!

33 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think so. What I don’t get is - in some way - why it’s so huge for the couples that are getting along. If they aren’t sure they want to stay married for the long haul but think there’s potential - stay married. It’s not like they have to divorce now or forever hold their peace. They can always divorce later. If the couple is clearly not meant to be (hello, Kate and Luke - that line forms right here) they should go ahead and split but if there’s a chance of a positive ending (Kristine and Keith), stay together a little longer and see how it goes. They all talk like if they don’t get the divorce now, they can’t ever get one.

I know-they do this every season and it’s annoying.  Kristine and Stephanie both seem happy enough with their men that they should give it a chance.  Kate should flee of course and if I were Jasmine I’d understand that Will isn’t into me and let it go.  (I’m just giving opinions on the women because it’s what I would do in their shoes)

• Love 7

I was willing Kate NOT to get into that car with Luke . . .then praying that the camera person would snatch her back from the death in his eyes (shudder). Is it too much to hope that when Kate and Luke show up for decision day, the ‘experts’ will not even let them answer and will just give them the divorce papers and a HUGE apology for ever putting them together.  This is so scary and sad.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Perhaps I'm too much of a hardened NY'r but I cannot stand how mousy Kate is. Say what you need to say to the man without like a grown up and quit with the teary eyed dramatics. 

LOL, you and I were thinking the same thing!  This Bronxite would be giving that POS a piece of my mind and standing my ground, not let him blame me for everything wrong in the relationship!

Every time she wants to talk about things he throws up the drinking as a roadblock.  He sends her the message that the reason he doesn't want to get closer to her is HER fault, not HIS.  She takes it to heart, cries, and crumbles.  He gets her off his back and he never has to take any responsibility for what's going wrong between them, or admit that anything is on him.  What a POS.  I would be like, "Don't make this about my drinking, I know you're conflicted about me, but whatever it is, it's YOUR issue, not MINE.  If you really liked me you wouldn't blow my drinking way out of proportion!

• Love 11

Kate just looks miserable. I’ll never understand why she hasn’t left this jerk. 

I think Kristine is feeling more iffy than Keith about decision day. Or they’ve edited it to make it seem that way. 

I get why Will might have been turned off from Jasmine but I definitely sympathize with her wanting affection from her husband. They’re doomed. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

The one think I'm hoping for is for Stephanie to kick AJ's ass to the curb. 

She keeps telling the camera she's worried that after decision day he'll continue to act out when under stress.  I was like, "Gee, Stephanie, YA THINK?"  LOL, what makes her think he WON'T??  She may stay with him after decision day but I think they're ultimately doomed.  And that's sad.  She deserves better than to waste her time with "Baby Huey".  I noticed he was finally relaxing and not throwing a tantrum this time.  He really is such a baby.  Someone distract him with a rattle and he'll settle down!  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Real4real said:

I was willing Kate NOT to get into that car with Luke . . .then praying that the camera person would snatch her back from the death in his eyes (shudder). Is it too much to hope that when Kate and Luke show up for decision day, the ‘experts’ will not even let them answer and will just give them the divorce papers and a HUGE apology for ever putting them together.  This is so scary and sad.

Wishful thinking.  Knowing these three “experts”, they will probably tell them to try councelling and try to work things out.  They need councelling themselves for picking them in the first place.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

LOL, you and I were thinking the same thing!  This Bronxite would be giving that POS a piece of my mind and standing my ground, not let him blame me for everything wrong in the relationship!

Every time she wants to talk about things he throws up the drinking as a roadblock.  He sends her the message that the reason he doesn't want to get closer to her is HER fault, not HIS.  She takes it to heart, cries, and crumbles.  He gets her off his back and he never has to take any responsibility for what's going wrong between them, or admit that anything is on him.  What a POS.  I would be like, "Don't make this about my drinking, I know you're conflicted about me, but whatever it is, it's YOUR issue, not MINE.  If you really liked me you wouldn't blow my drinking way out of proportion!

Well, thanks for that.  Finally, someone who has Puke figured out.  For the likes of me, I just couldn’t figure out what this POS was about and his method of madness.

• Love 5

Just throwing this out there --

Is it possible that Kate did get overtly drunk on the honeymoon and put excessive pressure on Luke to have sex?

And since this is a total stranger, it was a major, major turn off to him.

But he didn't want to admit this openly (to experts/etc), and it made him feel highly ambivalent to her, so he just kept acting strange and hot/cold toward her.

Then, despite this, at other times when she came on to him, he gave in because he wanted to have sex (not because of feelings for her), and he knows this is wrong, so he told her not to tell anyone.

I guess my point is..... could there be a tiny kernel of truth about what he is saying?

• Love 12