Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Up in the Air . . .

• Start Topic

Jazz turns 18 and starts making plans to move out of the house, much to Greg & Jeanette's dismay. Jazz also launches her own kid's day camp but worries her first event will fail. The family  plans a surprise outing to celebrate . . . 

PPAL prepares for a day camp that is simply some kids in a field with some balloons and is  somehow called a great success. 

Original air date 2019.03.19

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

PPAL prepares for a day camp that is simply some kids in a field with some balloons and is  somehow called a great success. 

Original air date 2019.03.19

Clearly Jazz has not drawn up a business plan or she might realize that a '1-day day camp' isn't a camp at all, it's just a publicity stunt to support a show that's circling the toilet, desperate for new relevancy...but hey, what do I know, right?!? 😉

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

Are we allowed to guess ahead of time what Jazz's big  birthday surprise is they eluded to on the previews? I'll put my guess in a Spoiler.

Spoiler

I'm thinking it's a hot air balloon ride.  I thought of that even before I saw the episode title "Up in the Air".  

• Love 5

Has Jazz changed her gender legally? The reason I ask is that she was mentioning all the things she gets/has to do at 18, I was wondering if she has to register with Selective Service?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

In show time, isn’t it the summer before Jazz’s senior year in high school?  How can she be thinking of moving out?  Yes, as her grandmother says, she isn’t that street smart.  There are a lot of crazies out there that might want to hurt her.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 6

Not too bad a way to end.  I did think for a bit that the title implied Jeanette (who I now call Fluffy) had caved and given Jazz the deluxe apartment in the  sky that she had checked out earlier in the season.  

I am not sure about the one- month apartment trial.  Maybe there are more month-to-month rentals in south Florida than around here especially with the influx of snowbirds each winter.   I am glad the parents presented a united front. 

I don't care how old she is; she should never take her mother's car without permission.  

I agree the camp was made for TLC, but I do think Jazz does seem to have a way with kids.  Looks like maybe 20 showed up.  I would think people might be reluctant to show up knowing it would be televised.    I didn't understand the title "Jazz Hand(s) day camp"   I already forgot if it was "hand" or "hand."

So she walked off 91 calories which is about half the calories in one donut. 

I think I will miss the grandparents most of all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Not too bad a way to end.  I did think for a bit that the title implied Jeanette (who I now call Fluffy) had caved and given Jazz the deluxe apartment in the  sky that she had checked out earlier in the season.  

I am not sure about the one- month apartment trial.  Maybe there are more month-to-month rentals in south Florida than around here especially with the influx of snowbirds each winter.   I am glad the parents presented a united front. 

I don't care how old she is; she should never take her mother's car without permission.  

I agree the camp was made for TLC, but I do think Jazz does seem to have a way with kids.  Looks like maybe 20 showed up.  I would think people might be reluctant to show up knowing it would be televised.    I didn't understand the title "Jazz Hand(s) day camp"   I already forgot if it was "hand" or "hand."

So she walked off 91 calories which is about half the calories in one donut. 

I think I will miss the grandparents most of all.

Jazz hands is what Jazz dancers do with their hands. It is also code for "gay."

• Useful 4

Jazz's Mom: "She keeps nudging us to move out. Really hammering us." Um. One of these things is not like the other. 

Jazz, about the video her (what the hell, who is that hottie and thank God he's over 18!) brother made: "He put so much time and effort into this small video." Um. Way to be a bitch, Jazz. Did you expect a full length feature film with a red carpet premiere? 

Also, you want to know why you shouldn't move out of your parents house now that you're 18? YOU PUT PANTIES ON YOUR HEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF A RESTAURANT. 'Cause that just screams "I'm an adult and can be responsible for my own choices in life". You don't even know how to put ginch on correctly. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

I hope they had security or that was a private park or something for the day camp. Jazz said there had been hate comments under the video she posted, if they didn't have some sort of screening or something it was a very risky endeavor.

I'm still not sure of the purpose of the day camp. I assumed it was going to be for teenagers (13-18) who seemed to be the demographic at the group Jazz attended that inspired the whole thing. The games they played were the type every child plays, there wasn't anything revolutionary or transformatory about them but I thought could have been good ice breakers for teenagers.

I thought it was kind of a good idea when I thought the people who had been at the group last week were going to be there, meet new people their age etc but I didn't see the point in it being for random children.

I can't say I've ever thought of Jazz as a perfectionist, I had to rewind it when Grandma said it to make sure I didn't mishear that

Jazz really manipulated her parents to have the surgery early, now that shes had it she doesn't see any benefit to being able to convalesce at home, thats a slap in the face IMHO. You could see the manipulation when she was like "you want me to be happy, don't you etc.".

Does anyone remember last season when Jeanette kept taking to her bed to cry when the boys went to college, she is going to be an absolute mess when Jazz leaves.

• Love 2

I love how offended Jeanette gets when her parents tell her she always gives into Jazz! This happened a couple episodes ago as well. The truth hurts; especially when it points directly to your shitty parenting.

Her whole life Jazz has been shown that her happiness is the only thing in the world that matters. Of course she thinks that saying "but this will make me happy!" is the way to get what she wants.  🙄 After seeing how easily she gave in to her parents, I am also beginning to believe it was all just a stunt for ratings. Too bad, because I was  looking forward to her moving out and falling flat on her face.

I do agree with Twopper - Jazz is good with the kids.

Edited by K1210
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I can't say I've ever thought of Jazz as a perfectionist, I had to rewind it when Grandma said it to make sure I didn't mishear that

She's a perfectionist when it comes to what she wants, when she wants it and how she wants it. Grandma knows better. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, maggiegil said:

I'm still not sure of the purpose of the day camp. I assumed it was going to be for teenagers (13-18) who seemed to be the demographic at the group Jazz attended that inspired the whole thing. The games they played were the type every child plays, there wasn't anything revolutionary or transformatory about them but I thought could have been good ice breakers for teenagers.

I have erased the episode, but I am pretty sure it was for the younger crowd.  I am glad the child that was seeing the behaviourist had a good time.  The closed caption said something about cisgendered, but I thought it was for trans kids--especially since her "co-author" was out promoting it. 

The earlier event shows her good with teens; this shows her good with younger children.   She is also seen as having a great relationship with her grandparents.   Ergo Jazz is great with all ages, or something like that----except when she wants to move out.     I do think she wants out, but I also think it is a theme TLC wanted to push.  She was just too sulky for it to be an entirely TLC invention. 

I am still laughing about Ari re-gifting the book about being an adult.

Honestly, I think too often about this show sometimes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I am still laughing about Ari re-gifting the book about being an adult.

Ari is my favorite of all the Jennings. She loves her family, but her low key I don't really give a F@#K attitude is awesome.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Jazz's Mom: "She keeps nudging us to move out. Really hammering us." Um. One of these things is not like the other. 

Jazz, about the video her (what the hell, who is that hottie and thank God he's over 18!) brother made: "He put so much time and effort into this small video." Um. Way to be a bitch, Jazz. Did you expect a full length feature film with a red carpet premiere? 

Also, you want to know why you shouldn't move out of your parents house now that you're 18? YOU PUT PANTIES ON YOUR HEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF A RESTAURANT. 'Cause that just screams "I'm an adult and can be responsible for my own choices in life". You don't even know how to put ginch on correctly. 

I thought the same thing when she put the panties on her head in a restaurant! I thought, would I have ever done that?  I don't think so, even as a child. lol There's just so much maturing ahead for her.  

I will say that this season has shown a much more upbeat Jazz.  Before the surgery, she was prone to isolate, mope and just seem down a lot.  Even with the complications of the surgery she's seemed happier than ever before. I'm not sure if its genuine, but, it appears to be.  So, perhaps, I was wrong. Maybe, she did need surgery more sooner than later. Maybe, her doctors and parents knew best.  

Did you catch what Jeanette said about her father, correction, grandfather and Jazz disagreeing over politics? I was shocked. I thought they would be on the same page regarding that since, grandpa is very much in support of Jazz's rights.  That's all I'll say about that. 

I guess that when I think of day camp, I think of swimming, canoeing, archery, horseback riding, food and beverages.  Did anyone see any ice chest or snacks even?  Oh well......lol.  I do think that Jazz has a servant's heart, she just needs to learn how to really work.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

It is funny..when these reality shows start, most people like the stars in them a lot. Then as time goes on, we all find fault with them, and in the end many dislike them totally. Seems the same in almost every show I have watched?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

It is funny..when these reality shows start, most people like the stars in them a lot. Then as time goes on, we all find fault with them, and in the end many dislike them totally. Seems the same in almost every show I have watched?

So true.  I do find that for most of them, I do still find redeeming traits and don't detest the lead character in the reality show.  I do think that they afford some viewers with an irresistible character to hate though.  I sense that some viewers almost target the person with an over abundance of disdain.  I'm not sure why.  Sort of like in professional (fake) wrestling, where they have good characters and mean ones.  The fans cheer for their choice.  Everyone knows it's fake, but, they get real emotional anyway. Like they are really involved in it.  lol  To me, it's sort of like that. 

Jazz may get more hate due to the theme of her show, but, others get it too, regardless.  Even those on the Housewives franchise, where there is no LGBQ issues. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I could have done without Jeanette's pigtails at the camp.  On the other hand, I wish Jazz would wear her hair in a braid, ponytail or bun. I'm so tired of seeing her play with her hair & constantly flip it over her shoulders. 

• Love 1

That sure seemed like a series finale.  Everything is wrapped up.  They are all ready to move on with their lives.  In show time Jazz is entering her senior year of HS.  She held a successful event. The twins are in college. Ari has graduated. Jeanette and Greg are preparing to be empty nesters. The grands are okay.  That's a reality TV wrap!

We'll see if the Jennings are successful in getting TLC to sign them for another season or if they do some specials on Jazz as she moves forward.  From a show perspective, the overarching arc is completed.  

• Love 3

In show time, I thought that Jazz was already with her final year in high school.  Like they were showing what happened in the months just before she starts college. It was supposedly in October, so, maybe she graduated in Jan.  Some people have early graduation that way.  Does anyone know? 

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That sure seemed like a series finale.  Everything is wrapped up.  They are all ready to move on with their lives.  In show time Jazz is entering her senior year of HS.  She held a successful event. The twins are in college. Ari has graduated. Jeanette and Greg are preparing to be empty nesters. The grands are okay.  That's a reality TV wrap!

We'll see if the Jennings are successful in getting TLC to sign them for another season or if they do some specials on Jazz as she moves forward.  From a show perspective, the overarching arc is completed.  

but, But, BUT, there's still money to be made! God forbid Jeanette and Jazz leave money on the table and just go back to living their lives away from a camera crew. I think another season will definitely happen, and they might follow her to college. I pity the college if that happens. Anyway, I just don't see them walking away from this gracefully if they think they can squeeze more money from TLC. And from their IG accounts, people are screaming for more.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

In show time, I thought that Jazz was already with her final year in high school.  Like they were showing what happened in the months just before she starts college. It was supposedly in October, so, maybe she graduated in Jan.  Some people have early graduation that way.  Does anyone know? 

I could have sworn that earlier in this season Jeanette said something like, "well, in a couple of months you can move out and into the college dorms..." Did anyone else hear that too? That would have led me to believe this was ending last June, but IIRC, Jazz's bday is in October so if it ends in October, maybe she graduated in December and would be eligible for a Jan. 2019 enrollment into college?

Overall, this episode solidified the self-involved narrative of Jazz and Jeanette. The 'camp' wasn't a 'camp', it was an 'event', made for TV. I felt really icky having those children filmed for this show because most were way too young to understand and give informed consent to be on this show in this way (and shame on their parents for that), and the one kid who was dealing with anxiety and anger - my heart went out to him, but he shouldn't have been filmed either. If Jazz and her mother really cared about these kids they could have talked about the event in the show narrative, and filmed it up to the arrival of kids, and then shot from a distance so the personal interaction wasn't filmed. That's my opinion of course, but it felt invasive to watch and I was disgusted that anyone would allow that to happen.

I LOVED Grandma Jackie's assessment of Jazz lacking street smarts and also being a spoiled brat, and I really loved how she took control of the bday shopping and made it clear that only items that were appropriate to her current bedroom would be allowed. It was interesting that when Grandpa Jack stopped Jeanette and told her point blank that SHE is the reason Jazz is so fucking spoiled and bratty, that Jeanette just looked at him and blinked like she couldn't mentally register what her own father was telling her. "You've been overly permissive and created a little monster, this is your doing!" That's what he was saying and I didn't hear her acknowledge it in any way. Just silence and blinking. I cannot understand HOW Jeanette is the way she is given her parents. Maybe having a transgender toddler changes you fundamentally? For several seasons, up until last season really, she was so scared that Jazz would kill herself, that she gave in to everything. If they'd gone for regular counseling, like the needed, maybe Jeanette would have gotten the advice and support of a trained counselor on how to parent Jazz and still enforce rules and consequences. Alas, it was not to be...

I also liked the comment from Ari about how Jazz doesn't understand how the world and life works yet, something like that. Word, sister, W.O.R.D.!

Overall, it felt like TLC is hedging their bets by ending the season in a way that feels like a series finale, but then leaving the door open for more seasons. I honestly think, judging from the responses on the family's IG accounts, that there is clamor for following Jazz through college, in which case sucks to be us, but hey, we'll all be together for a couple/few more seasons here! Glass half full and all that...!

Lastly, I looked at Ahmir's IG feed because every week he's pimped the show the night before/day of, but he didn't do that this week, maybe because he wasn't really in the show anymore at this point. But then I read is IG posts and some of his "ask me" Q&A in his highlights and man, dude is either playing to be relevant, or he's really confused. He tells people point blank that he's not trans, then says 'maybe I am', then "I like girls, maybe I'm a girl!", then posts something about a gay male couple. So weird.

• Love 5

Gingerella, you make good points about revealing the young children on camera with their intimate stories.  I hadn't thought it about that way before.  I suspect the adults, parents, etc.  thought that getting out the message is what's important.  That revealing what other kids go through is somehow helpful in making other children feel less alone in their struggle.  However, what you said makes sense too.  Keeping their anonymity would have been the better choice, imo.  

I had no doubt that the show will return for another season.  To me, unless the cast members pull out on their own, I doubt that TLC would cancel a show that has ratings as good as theirs.  I don't know the exact rank, but, they are in the top 50 in cable shows, right? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought the same thing when she put the panties on her head in a restaurant! I thought, would I have ever done that?  I don't think so, even as a child. lol There's just so much maturing ahead for her.  

I had to think back, but there is photographic proof that while on a mission/work trip with my church youth group, a bunch of us girls posed with undergarments on our heads (and worn over our clothes).  It was the summer before (for most of us) 9th grade.  It was wholesome, silly fun of a bunch of young teenagers who had spent an entire week together (with no break).  It was not something we did the following summer, however.

Edited by ScrapNini
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So true.  I do find that for most of them, I do still find redeeming traits and don't detest the lead character in the reality show.  I do think that they afford some viewers with an irresistible character to hate though.  I sense that some viewers almost target the person with an over abundance of disdain.  I'm not sure why.  Sort of like in professional (fake) wrestling, where they have good characters and mean ones.  The fans cheer for their choice.  Everyone knows it's fake, but, they get real emotional anyway. Like they are really involved in it.  lol  To me, it's sort of like that. 

Jazz may get more hate due to the theme of her show, but, others get it too, regardless.  Even those on the Housewives franchise, where there is no LGBQ issues. 

Here's my theory:

With scripted TV shows, we know all the characters are actors playing a part. Although some actors do become typecast for playing similar roles, or for being involved in a series for a long time, usually it's easy for the viewing audience to separate the actors as real people from the characters they play.

Reality TV is a different story, because it's presented as non-actors (real people) being themselves. When done well, we (the viewing audience) believes what we are seeing on the screen is an accurate depiction of who these people/non-actors are.

What we forget is over the course of one season's filming, hundreds of hours of footage is filmed. Once filming is wrapped, that's when the producers and editors go to work, creating story lines for each participant. They want drama and conflict, because that's what keeps us, the viewing audience, talking and watching. Watching = advertisers = $$$

Someone who was a participant on another reality show said (paraphrasing) "If you don't say it, they can't use it" - and that's true. However, what reality TV editors can do is the TV version of quote-mining; edit scenes so that we're not privy to the entire context of what was said or done, before or after.

Editing has the ability to grossly exaggerate the importance/impact of something a participant says or does, and its effect on the other participants. (For example, cutting to another participant's facial expression, which may have been made in response to something else a completely different participant said earlier or later in the scene).

Editing also is used to emphasize certain personality traits for each participant, which may be quite different from the individual's actual personality outside of the production.

So, why do the Jennings continue to participate in the program? Some people think it's the money, and that may very well be. Or, it may be they believe the sacrifices they're making (at the mercy of the producers and editors) are worth it if the program makes life a bit easier for other transgender folks. Strip away the mystery, educate people, show that those who are transgender have the same hopes and dreams, strengths and weaknesses, as everyone else. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Gingerella, you make good points about revealing the young children on camera with their intimate stories.  I hadn't thought it about that way before.  I suspect the adults, parents, etc.  thought that getting out the message is what's important.  That revealing what other kids go through is somehow helpful in making other children feel less alone in their struggle.  However, what you said makes sense too.  Keeping their anonymity would have been the better choice, imo.  

I had no doubt that the show will return for another season.  To me, unless the cast members pull out on their own, I doubt that TLC would cancel a show that has ratings as good as theirs.  I don't know the exact rank, but, they are in the top 50 in cable shows, right? 

I would like to glance at another season of Jazz as a adult on her own either in college or working a job. let the parents be in the supporting cast.  Which might mean waiting a year to film depending on what Jazz does.  If however , that format turns into something like MBFFL (ie a bunch of adults with issues and can't seem to navigate life) then, well its time to pull the plug.

Yeah - it does decent in the ratings , if I am looking at the correct ratings website ( link to ratings). Not much competition on Tue 3-19, though.  

It came in at #11 , with WWE at #1, RHOBV at #4, NCAA B-Ball at #6 , Chopped at #9 and MBFFL at #22.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If they are #11, I can't imagine TLC not offering them another season, barring some kind of scandal. 

Like for example.....what if Greg decided that he wanted to take on a couple of sister wives......lol...you know, just to help out Jeanette.  lol  I think that would be a scream and generate a lot of viewer interest, with Greg being easy on the eyes and all.  

• LOL 10

I'm just happy that Jeanette and Greg kept it real and Jazz's big surprise was nothing more than a hot air balloon ride. 

Perfect.... a ridiculous gas bag with underpants on her head.... floating away in a bag of gas.

I bet her siblings are praying that they won't have to hear Jazz yelling about her VAGINA at every family outing.

I hope TLC follows up with a show for Noelle, she's a much nicer and more intelligent young woman who deserves her surgery. ❤

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ScrapNini said:

I had to think back, but there is photographic proof that while on a mission/work trip with my church youth group, a bunch of us girls posed with undergarments on our heads (and worn over our clothes).  It was the summer before (for most of us) 9th grade.  It was wholesome, silly fun of a bunch of young teenagers who had spent an entire week together (with no break).  It was not something we did the following summer, however.

I bet you didn't do it in the middle of a family restaurant, lol!

I am a newly recent viewer to this show.  I think I watched the first original episodes and the mom grated on my nerves then.  She has only gotten worse. 

Jazz Hands was nothing but an afternoon in the park.  Kicking a soccer ball around, hula hoops, then a group chat.  It's a great idea but they need to find a private location, not a public park. 

I adore the grandparents!

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the issue is where they go from here if they do continue. 

The entire series basically was leading up to will Jazz get her surgery and when, and that's been answered. So now what is enough to carry the story further?

Based on some surveys I've done over the last season or two of the show, it appears somewhere within the TLC ranks they knew there were increasing issues with the likability (or lack thereof) with some of the family, and they were trying to manage that.  Last season they course corrected some and started focusing less on the immediate family (other than Jazz and other than needed mostly with the pre-surgery steps) and started adding back in more of the grandparents and especially more of the friend group (particularly Noelle).

Naturally this season ended up need more immediate family involvement given the big storyline of Jazz finally getting her surgery and all that entailed, plus Grandpa Jack's whole health thing, but how do they continue to move forward and decrease extended emphasis on the family (esp Jeanette) if Jazz's life no longer revolves around the non-stop surgery story?

With much of what they do so segregated from their "real" lives (moreso than many other shows) even with a lot of filming not even truly local, it'll end up being mostly created storylines (not that many of these shows aren't, but...) and the friend group will likely be disbanding/changing/morphing as the girls all go their separate directions when they finish school.  Plus Greg seems to be increasingly resistant to a lot of the "real" stuff being filmed (which I don't blame him, and I actually think is wise...but just not "good TV").

So then what? More fake friend groups like we saw with I Am Cait? More made for TV events like the Jazz Hands "Day Camp" thing yesterday? A repeat of the Jazz wants to move out thing? Another not entirely legit seeming and very awkward relationship plot?

I don't think any of that will carry the show moving forward, especially not ratings wise.  This season I think they had viewer because people wanted to see the surgery storyline play out, but are enough of them likable enough to watch them just float around for an hour episode a week?  Unlikely, I suspect.

If they end on this relative "high" and people leave feeling a little more positively about things, then give the show a break for awhile, let Jazz (especially) grow up some more off camera, see how things end up shaking out for them all a bit more in reality and in private, I think it gives TLC the chance to maybe bring things back at some point. Possibly periodic updates as have been suggested, but maybe also then at some point another season or two - or mini season or two - if there are legitimate things that would help carry a show.

But I think continuing forward as is at this point would actually just sour people even more and then in the long run pretty much kill it, if that makes sense?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/20/2019 at 12:49 AM, maggiegil said:

I'm still not sure of the purpose of the day camp.

They didn't really show us a lot of what Jazz was doing, but I know there are camps that are just regular camps with all the same fun activities of other day camps, but which are geared towards putting kids in situations with other kids who won't bully or harass them or make them feel like they don't fit in, and where messages are geared towards everybody being okay the way they are and just being relaxed and not on guard about being "different".

Some friends of mine ran a summer camp for many years, for children of LGBT parents, so the kids had other kids to be with who had similar families. I also have a friend with a disability who, when she was a kid, went to a camp for kids with the same disability as her. Often kids who have unusual situations lack peers who can relate to them from a place of true understanding, and it can be extremely powerful and supportive for them to have time together in a community where they are for the first time actually the norm and not the one who's "different."

They didn't tell us a lot about what Jazz's event was geared for, but if it was along those lines, it makes sense to me as something that could be very valuable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, gingerella said:

I could have sworn that earlier in this season Jeanette said something like, "well, in a couple of months you can move out and into the college dorms..." Did anyone else hear that too? That would have led me to believe this was ending last June, but IIRC, Jazz's bday is in October so if it ends in October, maybe she graduated in December and would be eligible for a Jan. 2019 enrollment into college?

The surgery was in June of 2018. The next episode skipped 3 weeks of recovery ( too bad) So, this episode must have been in August.

Jazz dropped out of High School last year, and did the home school bit, all she really had to do is take the final exam to graduate. That whole storyline was glossed over this season. She even went to an "alternative" Prom. 

• Useful 1

Jazz needs her mother to sit her down and tell her to shut up about her vagina..especially out in public. That is not going to go over well if/when she is in college. Because of the show, I think she gets more positive feed back than most trans do. It is going to be a rude awakening for her when she gets out in the real world, A shame, but that is the way things mostly are. Just hope she keeps safe.

• Love 1

Loved Griffin slipping the Reeses Peanut Butter cups into the water bottle.  Such a cute brotherly thing to do.

Never ever would I go up in a hot air balloon but it looked so calm and peaceful.  Not a single one in that family is afraid of heights? 

Jacky is a bright lady.  Loved hearing everything she said. Same with Jack...there's no bs with him, he just cuts straight to the chase.

• Love 8
On 3/21/2019 at 8:00 AM, woodscommaelle said:

Never ever would I go up in a hot air balloon but it looked so calm and peaceful.  Not a single one in that family is afraid of heights? 

Jacky is a bright lady.  Loved hearing everything she said. Same with Jack...there's no bs with him, he just cuts straight to the chase.

I am VERY afraid of heights, but going up in a hot air balloon was first on Mr. Dance’s bucket list, so I took him on one for a special birthday. It WAS calm and peaceful and so pretty. I really wasn’t scared and felt very safe. I still don’t like regular high places.

OT, I completely agree about the grandparents. (I just wish she wore a more flattering wig.)

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 4

I am brand new here...I have watched a few episodes so maybe this has been discussed ...and maybe this is the wrong thread for this question: But does Jazz line her lips with a brown liner? They always look like they are outlined in dark brown, but no lipstick? And what’s the deal with her always using a blanket while sitting slouching on the sofa? Just curious. 

• Love 1

I actually liked this episode. Everyone seemed to be a little more light-hearted. Week after week there has been so much complaining about the complications from surgery - don't most people accept that there might be complications from any surgery? Especially stitches ripping or infections or one of a thousand after-effects. 

It's is hard on most parents, too, when they become empty nesters, but more so for Jeanette who has been micromanaging Jazz's life for 18 years. If she has no other interests I can see her go into a depression. With Jazz not around, she loses her not just her "day job," but her identity. I hope she figures out something to do with the second half of her life.

• Love 3
On 3/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I had posted elsewhere that Jazz sat two seats behind my nephew for the SAT’s. He’s a senior and will graduate in May (turning 18 this July).

• Love 1

The show fed us a confusing timeline, implying that Jazz was about to graduate.  This led to the "oh noes, Jazz hasn't applied to any colleges!" storyline.  In reality, at this point in the show, Jazz had just started her senior year in high school.  She had time to apply to colleges and to decide what she was doing next.  The whole will she move out story was based on her being 18 and legally an adult, not whether she was at a life stage in which people commonly move out of their parent's home.  Additional confusion was added by her parents saying she would be moving out in a few months for college.  Apparently "a few" meant 10-11 months. 😊

• Love 2
15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The show fed us a confusing timeline, implying that Jazz was about to graduate.  This led to the "oh noes, Jazz hasn't applied to any colleges!" storyline.  In reality, at this point in the show, Jazz had just started her senior year in high school.  She had time to apply to colleges and to decide what she was doing next.  The whole will she move out story was based on her being 18 and legally an adult, not whether she was at a life stage in which people commonly move out of their parent's home.  Additional confusion was added by her parents saying she would be moving out in a few months for college.  Apparently "a few" meant 10-11 months. 😊

Seriously! Did I imagine Jeanette telling Jazz, when she was whining about moving she could wait two months and then go to college?!? I swear she said that, right? If so, they just straight up tell the family to lie to the camera. Which means most of the show is likely made up, which fucked up.