Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Urban Float, Wild Earth, Kudo Banz, Pooch Selfie

• Start Topic

On 3/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, ljenkins782 said:

There's just something fishy about the whole thing, the Sharks always rip people to shreds when they come in with an enormous valuation and then reveal that they haven't actually sold anything yet. And Mark is one of the last I'd ever expect to take a flier on a risky deal like  that, he typically seems like one of the most conservative of the bunch.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, saber5055 said:

Do we know if all those deals made are real deals? Or just scripted reality-show tv? This was the first time I thought the deal was fake, and now I wonder how many others are as well. Maybe people pay to get on the show to get tv exposure for their product, and be able to advertise "As seen on Shark Tank."

Well Mark retweeted something about them which I don't think he'd do if the deal had fallen through by now. (And Cuban specifically has been very much opposed to people using the show just for publicity so I don't think it's something he'd conspire about.)

From that tweet I learned that other investors include Peter Thiel and Blue Horizon group (alternative food provider best known for the Impossible Burger).  So there must have been some more credentials to that product that just didn't make the air.

• Love 1
On 3/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, seacliffsal said:

I agree with others that the float tank thing would be a total no-go for me.  And, what is with "we clean the water four times a day"?  I would want completely new water and epsom salts.  Not getting in after someone else. 

I believe he said the water is treated 4 different ways after each use. I remember filtered and treated with UV light as two of them.

I could never use it because of my claustrophobia. They couldn't even get me to stay inside the MRI machine as I couldn't take it.